Some PF Characters I would Like to Play-Pics added

Started by National Acrobat, June 19, 2016, 11:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

National Acrobat

I have several Pathfinder Characters I'd like to play, they were either created for games I didn't get in, are from RL campaigns that have ended, or are from PbP games that died, and I'd love to continue playing them. Stats, etc. aren't presented, as they can easily be edited, changed to fit needed criteria for games. I may be willing to run a 1 on 1 PF scenario for someone else in exchange if there is no group that I can find a home for them in. Thank you for looking.

Arion. Arion is currently an 11th Bladedancer Magus, Moon Elf but could be edited, changed to fit into a game. He's a survivalist trying to get over the damage he's done to his family and friends, and is in need of adventure and redemption. Obviously from the Forgotten Realms, from an ended RL campaign, but can be adjusted.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Born to Gabilgathal and Yvonna Tol Galen, Arion was heir to the Cuthal, the gate that his father guarded in the Cloakwood. The Tol Galens of Cloakwood are a Moon Elven family charged with keeping a portal to Evermeet safe, the responsibility had been in the Tol Galen family as far back as could be remembered among the Moon Elven Community. Gabilgathal had the only key that worked it, and the knowledge was passed on to the eldest child of each generation, who in turn, once their parents decreed it, would become the guardian of the gate. It was a prestigious honor, and a solemn responsibility.

Arion  and his sister, Ci’ona, grew up among the Cloakwood on the Sword Coast, along with their cousin Enastril, and led a normal, by moon elven standards, life as adolescent elven children. Enastril would be drawn to the Moonbow’s Call early on and his studies would eventually lead him to enter her service and be drawn away. Ci’ona would be intrigued by magic of an illusionary nature, and was also a stealthy rogue by trade, and soon, as she was not saddled with the responsibilities of watching the Cuthal, she would take her leave to begin adventuring, to seek fame and glory, and perhaps some coin and excitement as well, being interested in acquiring lore and finding hidden artifacts that needed to be unearthed, while accumulating a profit in the meantime.

Left by the departure of his two closest companions while growing up, Arion turned his attentions to learning the ways of the Weave and the Cuthal, but his interests did not lie within that sphere. He had aspirations to learn a darker magick, one that was not normally practiced by his people, who viewed life as sacrosanct. His father had sought to see him become a blade singer, and had acquired the talents of Andurain Ooilose to teach his son the art of sword play. While Arion was no slouch, his real desire lay in the learning of necromantic magic. He was fascinated by what the form of magic could do the body, and his father, discovering this, forbade him to pursue it further.

Blood and sweat were in the offering as he continued to learn under Andurain, but eventually he turned to Drammach, a human necromancer, to learn the art of dark magic, although Arion was not evil, and did not move towards that path, Drammach was, and took little care to hide his baser tastes and instincts, and Arion could do little but get caught up in it. Eventually his path and morals went a bit darker, as he embraced the abilities that Drammach taught him, and used them in conjunction with the art of sword play he had been taught.

Discovered by his father, going against his wishes, Arion was banished from the Cloakwood, exiled from his people and disinherited, his father passing the responsibility of guarding the Cuthal over to his Cousin, Enastril, in the ultimate shame.

He now wanders as an outcast, mercenary, exotic sword for hire. Revenge upon Drammach (although self inflicted) is on his mind.

Kess. Kess is a wood elf druid, without a home. 5th level and was created with Background Skills and Automatic Progression but again that could be edited.

Character Name: Kess Van Ymir
Race:  Elf (Wood)
Sex: Male
Physical Description: Kess stands a few inches under six feet tall, and has blond hair and green eyes. His body also has multiple tattoos, one for each element, and an additional one for fire, as that is his preferred element, and also has some relating to various elven totems. He wears simple garments, usually pants and sometimes a shirt, and goes without shoes unless needed. As a druid, he finds clothing a bother at times, and likes his feet firmly planted on the ground, although certain situations demand the etiquette of shoes, so he has sandals that he will wear if needed. He has a sickle on his belt, but it is worn and looks more like a device to harvest plants. He is stronger than he looks, but not overly strong at all. His slight frame makes him look weak, but in reality, he is average.

Personality: Kess is outgoing, charming and quite amenable to getting along with just about everyone. He likes the natural world, obviously and is most comfortable outdoors. The customs and etiquette of cities and urban areas makes him uncomfortable, and it is obvious at times that he is out of his element in those settings, but he is a quick study, and will always attempt to make an effort to abide by customs and rules of each specific settlement, as long as it doesn't violate his morals or the ways of his gods. He tends to be upbeat, and loves to learn. He will not hesitate to deal with evil, especially undead and unnatural abominations. He loves tattoos and is a tattoo artist himself, and will gladly put ink on anyone who is interested.

Background: Kess is the son of a pair of elven artisans, hence his affinity for the arts and for his own artwork. His mother is a weaver and seamstress, and his father is a metalsmith. While his aptitude is for other forms of art, his parents encouraged him to explore his. He learned as a young elf that he had an affinity for nature and was surprised when forest dwellers who served the Green Faith approached him and recognized his affinity for fire. He then began to learn the ways of the natural world from his mother's sister, a druid herself, and officially joined the faith. He is a sponge when it comes to knowledge, and loves to hear lore, stories and tales of just about any stripe. His aunt also fostered in him the ways nature is twisted, and how the need to combat abominations is a sacred duty of the druids. Unlike many druids, his bond is not with an animal companion, but instead, the power of fire manifested in him, and the Green Faith provides him extra gifts to combat threats against the natural world in the form of an affinity with casting fire. His good nature and personality often have gotten him appointed as a diplomat from his faith when dealing with other faiths or communities.

Melinda Llangeqwynn; Melinda is a Human Aristocrat 2/Paladin 7/Cleric 1 of Nareal, and is finishing up her atonement for an attack that one of her companions instigated on some innocent folks.

Nareal showed his displeasure with her by removing her powers due to her lapse in judgement. After six months of atonement, she is ready to continue her work with the Church's Militant Arm fighting the evil that is plaguing Anora. Obviously this could be moved to another realm, world, etc. Her lover, a Priestess of the Faith, has not seen her for the entire six months either, and is concerned she may not be the same once she returns. Lots of potential for story here. She comes from a RL campaign that ended, and Melinda, due to her noble connections, and being a Paladin, was the only party member of 4 that wasn't incarcerated for the attack. She is, however, done with her atonement, and has Nareal's full confidence that she will choose her companions better in her future endeavors.

Lilly Trel Therial Lilly is an elf, an Urban Ranger 6/Assassin 3/Cleric 1 of Hecate, and a senior member of the Bleak Cabal, a Hecate-Affiliated Assassin's guild in Anora. Obviously some things such as level, location, etc. can be changed.

She is both an exile from her Nation, and from the Rangers. In the Western Empire, Rangers are all members of a greater organization. She was expelled from both home and the Rangers for her propensity to kill prisoners, and for taking contract work as a tracker and killer. She is an expert on the geography, customs and layout of the City of Anora. Currently she is between jobs, having survived an assassination attempt laid on her by underlings in the Bleak Cabal. She left their remains hanging upside down in the entry way to the chapterhouse as a sign that they failed. The church Hierarchy has asked her to look into rumors that Orcus' followers are attempting to revive a gate to the Abyss, and she is following the Church's directive, which has caused a split in the Bleak Cabal.

Aaron Talltankard is a Halfling Rogue3/Sorceror 1 who likes maps. Specifically seeing where they go. He's a cartographer by trade and has a serious case of wanderlust.

National Acrobat

Blinkin

I have some abandoned, never played characters myself that I would like to get back into play... perhaps someone would be interested in a second-chance game for used and abused characters. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ArinTalis

Don't we all? :D Lord knows I'd be in. I've got at least two characters who haven't seen the light of day in a while, and desperately need playing.

Blinkin

Hell, I have over a dozen who had seen a few weeks of play time at best and 2 that saw almost 6 months. They're mostly low level, but the characters that I would really love to get back into the world of the living are level 5 to 11 and most GM's seem to want to just do level 1, then either drop off the radar or players start to disappear because it's hard to play 1st level in a forum.

I have a male swashbuckler and a female ranger who I would love to dust off... I would even revamp to fit a mid-level game.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

National Acrobat

Most of mine come from RL games that have concluded, whether it be the arc is finished, the gm ended the campaign and another gm turned to a different campaign, etc. My RL group has 8 players, 3 of us gm, and we take turns to avoid burnout, so there are a lot of characters that I have from 'finished' campaigns that I'd like to continue to tell the stories of.

One or two come from finished or abandoned games on another pbp site.

I run a few games on another site, but I'm not really interested in running a game here, just to play one of my pcs. I'd rather it be more organic, and be a player. I tend to run higher level games, with less sources available, 7-12th level. I am not a huge fan of starting forum games at 1st level.

Callie Del Noire

Don't we all have lost characters?

Like my Shattered star character who never got to deal with the implications of a trap in the second book. Went from a roguish tiefling to a true Azlanti clone of a Runelord. Puts a crimp on your plans to set up a Rogues Guild/Wizards Academy to be the literal reincarnation of an evil wizard.

Or several characters here on the board.

Like the kobold alchemist with his pet dogs (two goblin players in the game killed his chances for role play) and a bunch of others. Might have to do a 'Rogues' gallery of lost characters myself but I don't know where I'd be best suited to put them?

Blinkin

Sadly, Pathfinder isn't a particularly popular game around here RL; I've never played it in a tabletop setting.... There was going to be one, but the players wanted to do 5th and so, the PF game became a 5th game and I know next to nothing about 5th... so it's a learning experience.

Ironically, 30 miles east, and you can find PF just about anywhere, but as the blind guy can't drive and it's 30 miles away, there are no chances to indulge in that.

So, my 3 favorites are characters that got played, then playrs dropped out, the GM forgot about the game and generally, they got left out in the cold.

I would love to play Brooke, my ranger with the big cat companion, or Andru, the roguish swashbuckler or Dagnabet, the dwarven fighter or... you see the problem. lol They're all built on a 25 point buy and I would probably revamp just a little, but it would be so much fun to see them have a chance to flourish. I have 1st level characters by the gross, but if you've played one any at all, I've been told that offering it for another game doesn't show enough interest in the game because it's not a totally new character. *shrugs*
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

It's feast and famine here. You got PFS which is fun, and let's me get out and socialize, which I need to keep myself sane. But home games are kind of iffy. I got in one finally and it's doing well. The other I got invited for was a bit.. Tense. One of the players is feeding his 'I hate halfings fetish' by killing all the halfings he can find in the Shackels and disrupting all the other's plans (they are playing Skull and Shackles AP) and the GM is kinda new to the game.

I pointed out a few things. Halfings in the Shackles, like most anyone else out there, aren't the 'sit on a hill and smoke and eat all day, but nasty little buggers who look out for family. So when some dwarven magus serial killer starts killing the neighbors, they will talk, plan and spread some coin. Ah well. I see that game imploding after he killed two NPCs that were being recruited for a pirate fleet (one in front of the NPCs own loyal crew)

National Acrobat

Quote from: Blinkin on June 24, 2016, 01:58:08 PM
. I have 1st level characters by the gross, but if you've played one any at all, I've been told that offering it for another game doesn't show enough interest in the game because it's not a totally new character. *shrugs*

See, I don't get that. To me, it shows you've created a character, and you want to play it. *shrugs* I guess I just have a differing opinion on that.

I'm pretty lucky. I've been in the same gaming group since college, and four of the eight of us have been playing together for 27 years, and the newest folks have been with us for over five. I just ended a campaign where I ran the folks to 25th level, with 2 mythic tiers. We're starting the Wrath of the Righteous soon. We switched from 1e to Pathfinder when Pathfinder came out.

All of us have folders with characters left from 'completed games' and my take on it, as both a GM and Player, is that if you have a pc you like that much, that means you're invested and likely to stick around.

We build with 22 point buy. It's a compromise for us who cut our teeth on Greyhawk in the late seventies, and those who like the higher powered stuff.

Blinkin

Oh, I agree with you on the character submission issue. I actually put quite a bit of work into a character by and large, and I want to play it. When I get told half a dozen times, well... there's been a time or two that I've offered the same character under a different name because I want to play the damned character. *sighs*

I've had good groups and I've had bad groups. My first group, right out of high school played 1st ed and Dragonlance. We were together for... ummm... about 7 years. My second group played everything from Vampire The Mascrade to Shadowrun and Gammaworld. That group was together a good 10 years; right until the host divorced and the group split over "Who's the wronged one!" lines.

Since then, I've seen about half a dozen groups playing everything from 3.5's World's Greatest Dungeon (What a horror story!) to Hero System and back to the good ol' days of AD&D. Most of the groups broke up due to internal friction, others just got into life and children. My last group was together about 3 years; We were all in our 40's and one was in his 60's and played the precursor to D&D. But, kids, promotions, and so on caused the group to dwindle to 2 players who just didn't have the heart to recruit players in a... get this... a college town with a subrosa attitude about gaming.

Yep, we have 4 colleges and universities within 10 miles of the town center and you can't find players if you dangled free pizza and beer.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Callie Del Noire

I like creating characters, I got a little blog that I put PFS builds for. Not heavily over optimized builds but things I'd think are fun.. Like a Rogue1/Magus 5 build to Arcane trickster.. HUGE sneak attack but conditional.

Then, like I said, I got characters I got to play long enough to love. Like the Rogue/Wiz who get turned into the clone of a Runelord. It was fun... As a tiefling, he was on the outs with his noble family who gave him a dog and kicked him out with a small stipend; then turning into a copy of Sorshen the Runelord of Lust, she was suddenly welcomed back into the family (Purely for status and marriage)

I understand why my GM vanished (she was transitioning and there were a LOT of personal issue and the school system around her wouldn't support her against a couple of bigots who didn't want her taking care of kids) but I still miss the gam and friends..

Grizzly

I have a small collection of characters that I've submitted to games here and on other sites but that have never had a chance to play.  It's got to the point, with my being lazy with names, that I've started to group them into families, with each family having a little backstory.

There have been some interesting games here that I've been involved in but never really went anywhere.  I hit up a bunch of conventions around my area where I do most of my RL playing, since my old gaming group dissolved because of life.  I GM with PFS and have toyed with the idea of starting up a game here but with school and work I think that my head would explode.  :)

Have any of you actually been called out for submitting the same character to different games? 
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Blinkin

Yes, but I submitted the same character to multiple games because I really wanted to play the character. The only complaint about the character was the fact that I keep offering it up and therefore, look lazy and not committed because I didn't create a brand new character for the game. *shrugs* When you have a concept that you like, why give up on trying to play it?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

National Acrobat

I've never been called out for submitting the same character to multiple games, but I have seen multiple GMs, especially on other sites, specifically require that you submit an original, new idea for a character in their rtj requirements. You can pick up on that pretty quickly if you travel in the same circles as other players on sites, and you're in multiple games with the same folks.

Blinkin

I don't mind creating a new character for a new game, but there's only so many ways to set up a first level character, so regardless of whatever personality and history that you create, 90% of a given class will be pretty much the same at 1st level.

Then, I've noticed how much GM's like the odder races in their selection practices. It's a long ways from a table-top situation where you work with the player as opposed to having a dozen players to chose from.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.