Brain Children Of An Hyperactive Mind (ideas up for grabs)

Started by Cynadea, June 01, 2015, 07:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

I am not seeking to GM or co-GM these games.  This isn't an interest check.  I have an hyperactive mind that is very focused on creative writing.  I get ideas for groups that might or might not work.  What I am offering are ideas for other people to take and put their twist on it.  I would help set it all up if needed/wanted, and might even join as a regular player after.

I'll strike through an idea if someone takes it.

Chldren Of The Earth
(Based of Jean M. Auel's book series)
Historical/prehistoric
Set up a single clan of 7 to 10 families as they close everything for winter and prepare to spend the cold season together in their common homes.

The Best Kept Secret Of NYC
(Or any other big city)
Modern
A small hotel, with all the amenities, but with a very private clientele and a rather large staff for the size of the establishment. It's basically a high end brothel, but the "services" are included with the room. There would be the normal staff, but also a handful of others of all shapes, sizes, genders and orientations there to satisfy the clients.  It would be a sandbox game, but it would be easy to make "themed" nights

The Circus
(Gypsy-style nomads)
Modern or in a fantasy setting
A group of freaks of nature are gathered together and making big bucks exploiting the normal folks' curiosity toward them.  The game would be focused on the interactions of the group, on their travels, the shows, the dramas and the gossip of such group...

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Cynadea

The Marriage Ministry
Inspired by a forum that I used to write in about a decade ago.
Slightly futuristic / Utopian distopia
The institution of marriage as we know it - a union by two willing, loving partner - is gone. The government has decided to take the complete monopoly over marriage and divorce licenses. It preaches a return home for women, to take care of their children. From now on, from the age of 18, young adults would receive a marriage license that would tell them where to go to get married, and to whom. It can be a total stranger, it can be the person next door. They can be older, or younger, but always the assigned partners are of age to have a child. It is only once past their prime that people can finally choose who to spend the rest of their life with.

It would require a GM to play match-maker, and for the player to either set up their own couple ahead of time, or to accept that they may be paired with anyone else in the game unless they mention not wanting to write with someone in particular.

Blinkin

Not interested, at this point, in GMing, but if someone wants to run the Best Kept Secret of wherever, I'll jump at it... I did an Email group game like that once and had a blast!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Cynadea