[Pathfinder] Pirates, magic, sex. [closed]

Started by rhev, April 09, 2014, 08:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhev

The game is full, thank you to everyone for the interest.

The timbers of the boat creak beneath you and the sound of wind and rope and sail snaps above you.  The heat of the day is offset by the salty spray of air coming from the bow of your ship as it cracks through chopping waves towards the safety of Port Royale on the horizon.  The windfinder at the bow yells down to the captain, his magic isn't going to protect your ship long enough, you aren't going to make it to the port before the faster ship catches up with you.  The menacing flag of black flying from the pursuing ship's mast leaves no doubt to their intentions.  Pirates, eager to haul off your cargo, press your men into service, and take for ransom any aboard who might have family wealthy enough to be able to pay.  The approaching ship is close enough to make out the leering faces of the men and women eager to board and kill.  Then a moment later a searing white bolt of lightning arcs across the sea, lancing from their ship to crack into one of your masts.

Screams and cracking timber, ropes pulling taut for a moment and then snapping as the mast falls to the side into the briny water to the side.  The ship lists to port and slows to almost a stop as  the crew works to hack away the ropes, freeing the ship from the fallen mast before it can tip your boat dangerously. "Put up cannons and prepare for boarding!" the captain yells, knowing that gunpowder will only be your death if they have a mage that can target the cannons.  Then turning, he looks at you, "Is there anything you can do to help?" he asks, a look of resignation on his face.  Pirates aren't known for their mercy towards conquered captains.

"I've already begun," you mutter as you hold up your hand, slashed deep with a knife and letting crimson flow down onto the pine and pitch of the deck.  You close your eyes and focus your mind on the ancient curse, found in the hidden jungles of Brazil, and knowing that this might save the boat, but it might also damn your soul.

Grappling hooks catch the side rails and arrows and crossbow bolts begin raining down from both sides as the invaders scamper up onto your deck.  Your body falls to the deck, drained of it's life force, the ultimate risk failed as your blood pools about your body.  Blood that raises up into a large beast, an unstoppable blood golem, powered by your death, and hungry for more.  The fact that it won't care about who it consumes is no longer a concern of yours.  You're dead now.  The concerns of the sailors, merchants, pirates, men, women, elves, orcs, and everyone else on the Caribbean seas means nothing to the dead after all.  Because after all, only the living are concerned about the tide, the black tide of death and war.  Only the living know that tide is rising.

-=- -=[]=- -=-

-=- -=[]=- -=-

Black Tide Rising is looking for a third character to start our game with.  Either gender male or female is acceptable as we have a male and female character already in the game.

Here's the OOC so you can read a little about it:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=201079.0

Players who want to apply for this game must have a working knowledge of pathfinder, though I don't have the rules memorized so would never expect you to do so either.  If you're familiar with 3rd / 3.5 D&D you'll have no problem with pathfinder.

Players must be able to write and understand that this isn't just a D&D game, it's a co-authoring experience with three other people.  As such I will read the posts of anyone who applies, and will be looking for someone who can reply in a consistent and appropriate manor.  The shortest a post in this game should ever be should be a good paragraph of 4-5 sentences, and that only for a quick reply / toss back to another player.  I would like to see an average of 2-4 paragraphs per post.

Most importantly is the understanding that this is a game for the long haul, it won't be a quick one shot so you can fuck someone and then vanish.  Aim for at least 3-4 posts a week, but understand that all of us have our own lives and may not be able to post right away.  Personally as the GM, I post every day monday - thursday, but usually take the weekends (friday-sunday) off.  I may post on the weekends, but it shouldn't be expected.   Because of this I am looking for a player who will post during the week as well, and of course the game may continue between the three players without me if the situation in game warrants it.

The game will be a mix of boat and land based adventure, probably at a 1:2 ratio.  Expect intrigue, sex, politics, plots, and schemes as well as ship based combat and other pirate type themes.  As such non combat skills are as important than combat.  Plan on fleshing out a real character, not a one dimensional trope.

I would highly suggest a character who is a little flexible with sexuality.  I'm not saying you ever have to be bisexual, but you also shouldn't be surprised if your character gets hit on by the same gender, nor will homophobia be tolerated.

In the interests of not giving away the starting plot, I can't tell you exactly what type of character to create or how the game will start.  Suffice it to say that your character would be a person of any of the races listed in the ooc (other than orc) who is in the Caribbean at the start of the game.  Pirate, merchant, blacksmith, guardsman, etc.... I want to hear from you what you want to play and then I'll weave it into the story.  I don't want to force you into playing something.  :)

Please feel free to contact me on IM of your choice or PM me if you are interested and want to talk.  If you have questions about the game or the other players, you may post them on this thread.

Ghostwheel

I don't know if I'm a "professional" player as I don't make money off of playing, but I'd be up  to joining you guys if you'll have me :-)

Metro Mech

I am knowing enough to understand and do well but Professional is a little far for me but I am still good enough
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

rhev

maybe I should take out the word professional

-edit
There we go, changed professional to dedicated.  :)

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

assleigh

Are you still interested in a 3rd person, I'd be game to join.

Are you looking for a particular 'party role'/shipmate type? I'm pretty flexible about that sort of thing and bendy sexually :D
The queerest of the queer ... I know what's good for you (You can touch me if you want)

My ONs and OFFs

rhev

I'm not going to make any choices on players for at least another 22 - 24 hours.  I don't want to just take the first person, but who i think is going to fit with me and the other two players best.  To that note, I'm in contact with the other players about anyone expressing interest.  :)

rhev

added the following:

In the interests of not giving away the starting plot, I can't tell you exactly what type of character to create or how the game will start.  Suffice it to say that your character would be a person of any of the races listed in the ooc (other than orc) who is in the Caribbean at the start of the game.  Pirate, merchant, blacksmith, guardsman, etc.... I want to hear from you what you want to play and then I'll weave it into the story.  I don't want to force you into playing something.  :)

Metro Mech

Behold my O/O