The Disc

Started by Levi, April 03, 2018, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

SPACE....a giant black endless horizon with an endless number of stars and through it swims the Great Atuin. A giant turtle on who's starpocked shell stands four enormous elephants Berilia, Tubular, Great T'Phon and Jerakeen upon who's broad and star tanned shoulders rests the disc of the World. The disc is flat it's land masses dotted across its surface like a pizza.....no anchovies though!

Its the year of The Backwards Mango (roughly 20 years after The Shepard's Crown) The twin city of proud Ankh and pestilent Morpork is still watched over by The Patrician, there are rumours he may be a vampire....he started the rumors. However there are some new faces walking the streets. There is a new Commander of the Watch, Sam Vimes very reluctantly and under much pressure from his "loving" wife retired and the only person willing or more aptly forced into the role is his son Sam Vimes II.

For this RP I am suggesting we use the Disc as our playground as it was designed by Sir Pratchett. However as I am sure everyone has their own interpretation of how his characters sound and look and not wishing to ruin his work, I believe it would be best if original characters are used. Hench why I have decided to push the story into the future, so this is our interpretation on what could of happened if  Sir Pratchett continued to write.

Areas of Play
Ankh-Morpork
Lancre and the Ramtops
Wyrmberg
Überworld
Koom Valley

Types of Character available
Vampire
Dwarf
Werewolf
Human
Questionably Human : i.e zombie/ Nobby type characters
Witches and wizards
Hero
Otherworldly- Toothfairy, Death, god's, goddesses, Hogfather and so on!

I am also looking for someone who would be willing to co-GM this with me, please PM me if interested

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Remiel

Hey! I'm a huge fan of the Discworld series.  And tend to agree with you on the original characters guideline.  Did you see this being pretty much sandbox (that is, player-driven), or did you have a rough plot idea in mind?

Levi

Quote from: Remiel on April 03, 2018, 01:07:12 PM
Hey! I'm a huge fan of the Discworld series.  And tend to agree with you on the original characters guideline.  Did you see this being pretty much sandbox (that is, player-driven), or did you have a rough plot idea in mind?

Hello! I think about 90% sandbox with the possibility of some GM events thrown in.  :D

Remiel

Okay.  :-)  Were there any limitations to begin with (for example, that we all started in Ankh-Morpork as recruits in the Watch) or was it pretty much wide open?

Levi

Quote from: Remiel on April 03, 2018, 01:20:08 PM
Okay.  :-)  Were there any limitations to begin with (for example, that we all started in Ankh-Morpork as recruits in the Watch) or was it pretty much wide open?

Not as such- will only say, will allow one charcter per writer as a start and then see what interest people have in having more then one.
Planning to have each area as a seperate thread so no limit there.
Will also put up a seperate thread if people are interested in smut scenes as that shouldn't be part of the main game

Levi

Character sheet outline.

Please put as much detail in as possible.

Image of character
Name
Nickname If applicable
Theme Song Link YouTube Breed
Sexual Orientation
Height
Eye Colour
Hair colour
Physical description please include images if your character has tattoos
Character Strenghts
Character Flaws
Occupation I.e member of the Watch
Possition I.e Captain
Skills and Talents
Altered Form (Otherworldly, werewolf)
Unique Ablities
Unique Weakness
Weapons
History at least two paragraphs please
Character Connections To be added as and when.
Ons
Offs
Player
Link to players o/o's
Face claim if used

Image of character
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] If applicable
[b]Theme Song[/b] Link YouTube [Spoiler=example]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MhuOwjqPA6E[/spoiler]
[b]Breed[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]
[b]Height[/b]
[b]Eye Colour[/b]
[b]Hair colour[/b]
[b]Physical description[/b] please include images if your character has tattoos
[b]Character Strenghts[/b]
[b]Character Flaws[/b]
[b] Occupation[/b] I.e member of the Watch
[b]Possition[/b] I.e Captain
[b]Skills and Talents[/b]
[b]Altered Form[/b] (Otherworldly, werewolf)
[b]Unique Ablities[/b]
[b]Unique Weakness[/b]
[b]Weapons[/b]
[b]History[/b] at least two paragraphs please
[b]Character Connections[/b] To be added as and when.
[b]Ons[/b]
[b]Offs[/b]
[b]Player[/b]
Link to players o/o's
[B]Face claim[/b]if used

Blythe

I am super interested in this. <_<

Levi

Athem

I'm interested; I think it would be fun to play a Wyrmberg character who's traveled away from the Wyrmberg, and is coping with the impracticality of her outfit in a more mundane location like Ankh-Morpork. The whole "Boris Vallejo garb meets inconvenient hedgehogs"  :D

Levi

Quote from: Achmed the Mad on April 04, 2018, 01:48:36 PM
I'm interested; I think it would be fun to play a Wyrmberg character who's traveled away from the Wyrmberg, and is coping with the impracticality of her outfit in a more mundane location like Ankh-Morpork. The whole "Boris Vallejo garb meets inconvenient hedgehogs"  :D

Ha sounds great.... especially the hedgehogs  :D

Remiel

I hear that they can never be buggered at all.  8-)

Athem

Not quite complete yet...

Name Corina Wyrmbidder
Nickname n/a
Theme Song (Actually, lots of tracks by BrunuhVille.)
Breed n/a
Age 21
Gender Female
Sexual Orientation Straight (at least, or so she believes...)
Height 5'9"
Eye Colour green
Hair colour red
Physical description

Corina blends the curvaceous figure of her mother, Liessa, with the muscles of her father, Hrun. Her red hair spills loosely over her shoulders. She wears a brief outfit of leather with boots that come to just over her knees; compared to her mother, her outfit is positively conservative...

Character Strengths
Corina is physically strong and athletic. And she's yet to find anything that scares her... well, anything she'll admit to, at least.
Character Flaws
She's impulsive, and enjoys getting into fights a bit too much. Her stamina isn't great, since she's used to traveling and fighting from dragon-back.
Occupation TBD
Position TBD
Skills and Talents
Corina is reasonably athletic, and is a skilled warrior and brawler. She's also a surprisingly good dancer.
Altered Form n/a
Unique Abilities
Dragon-riding, which isn't likely to come up.
Unique Weakness
She's still struggling to come to terms with how life away from the Wyrmberg is different. Also, although she's a skilled dragon-rider, she's never ridden a horse.
Weapons
Two-handed ax, dagger in her boot, brawling.

History

Corina is the youngest daughter of Dragonlady Liessa Wyrmbidder and Hrun the barbarian (from The Colour of Magic). Hrun eventually ran out on her mother; all that she knows is that he became a Sergeant of the Guard somewhere (Interesting Times).

Corina was raised in the Wyrmberg, and rarely traveled far. When the opportunity came to exchange a diplomatic representative with [Ankh-Morpork, Lancre, or wherever the game is set], she surprised her mother by volunteering. In truth, she was finding life at the Wyrmberg rather cloistered and stifling; she's a bit like a teenager who's just sneaked out to a party away from the watchful eyes of her parents...

She was prepared for her dragon fading as she got further from the Wyrmberg, and flew low, but she still came down with a bit of a bump. And that was just the start of her troubles...

Character Connections To be added as and when.
Ons
Offs
Player https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=1602
Face claim n/a, but somewhat inspired by Invictus by Boris Vallejo.

Levi

Liking what you've got so far and believe me it's more then I've done. Great music choice :)