I am Thou, Thou art I....PERSONA! (Closed)

Started by Empyrean, December 30, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardsorm

@Moon Hound: Aw, sorry to see you go. D: Maybe in the future we can see another Persona idea that will feel a little more encompassing for us then. Until then, best wishes and luck in your other games!

@Empyrean: Alrighty, I can easily work with that! Also, looking at Tokyo's char, I noticed she put on a Metaworld's design, shoukd we all be doing that too? XD Or is that just a personal preference thing?

Empyrean

Having your own Metaverse look sounds great to me! :)

As far as the NPC question from earlier, I will be making some for certain purposes, but I don't object to players making and running some NPCs, so long as it's run past the GM team first.

Gardsorm

Sounds cool! I have at least one enemy in the works that i'll run by you guys later. o=

Also finally decided on a metaverse appearance for Yuuki, whooo. Maybe i'll go the extra mile attack-wise and list what Apollyon (and his later evo) will learn...

Cythieus

I'm not even sure I'll be able to find a look for Tsumi.

Gardsorm

Maybe the looks aren't overly necessary? I mean, who exactly are we trying to keep our identities from anyway? o=

I imagine finding a mask would be more annoying than a design (Trust me, it was for me), so maybe locate an appearance you like and then describe the mask in detail could possibly work as well

MiraMirror

I think I did it all correctly?  Just tell me if I need to change anything, or feedback or anything. :x

Name: Himura Ko
Sexuality: Bi
Arcana: The Hermit
Weapon: Knives

Personality: Ko has been shaped by her experiences, and through these experiences, she has developed and perfected a mask that she wears to fool not only those around her, but herself.  She is the type of person to act normal in the face of even the worst turn, and say "Everything is fine.  Everything is okay."  She wants nothing more than to leave her past behind her, to be judged by nothing more than the merits of present self, and she goes to great pains to mask that depression that follows her.  She's developed something of a reputation, earning the name "Okay Girl", due to her refusal to fight back.  This makes her something of a popular target, though bullies grow bored quickly when they're denied a proper reaction.  Those who frequently bully her return with harsher methods each time, growing frustrated by her lack of a struggle.  In fact, she's learned not to struggle, as it only makes the outcome worse in the end.  She's the type to always mute her own concerns with "It could always be worse.  I'm fine.", regardless of the damage done.  Ko is a frequent liar who lives out her own fantasy.

Background: Ko was born to a standard household, the only child of a Japanese couple.  From a young age, two things were hammered into her mind: Hard work was to be admired, and the rules set in the house were iron and absolute.  From an early age, she strove to impress them, working her hardest to perform well in school and at home to earn their attention.  However, her parents overworked themselves as it was, and with the added stress of a child thrown into a mix, it wasn't long before they took that stress out on Ko.  Her grades weren't high enough, so she was "disciplined".  She was given more chores to do as a punishment, which only took away from her studies.  In turn, she tried harder, but her quality of work fell further.  In response, many of her privileges were taken away, such as playing with friends or going out to socialize.  She was expected to focus more on her work and chores, and before long, she was isolated in her own home, a prisoner in her own room.

She was expected to wake up, get ready for school, attend with no time to socialize, go home, do work, chores, and sleep.  It became her daily routine, and there was no straying from it, but she strived more and more to get in their good graces.  After all the words, she'd had it drilled into her head that she had messed up, and that this treatment was her own fault.  Obviously, other children went through similar things, so why would she complain or object?  She grew up, the punishments grew harsher, and beneath the surface, an anger grew, bubbling closer and closer to the surface, until finally, it boiled over.  One night, she retaliated at last, grabbing a kitchen knife and driving it into her father's body repeatedly and indiscriminately, until she was thrown off.  She ran away without bothering to close the door, knife still with her, and  simply ran until she grew tired and lost her adrenaline, falling back and blaming herself.  She put up no fight or argument when the police were called, surrendering with no argument or fight when they came to arrest her on the street.

"I'm guilty."

She was found guilty quickly.  With her failing grades and the obvious evidence she had on her person at the time of the arrest, not to mention her own confession, there was no doubt that she nearly killed her father.  "Is he okay?"  She asked, smiling when she was told bitterly by her mother that he would be just fine.  She was sent to a juvenile prison, where she remained for two years.  One day, she was informed that she was being transferred to somewhere she could be rehabilitated, a "reform school".  Inside, there was an odd excitement she felt, seeing an opportunity to progress through school as she should have in the first place.  She could be the happy young woman she should be, make the grades she should make, and make her parents proud, like she should have before.  She could put the past behind her, and never again make the mistake that hurt her father and ruined her own life.  She would simply soldier on through and do her absolute best.  After all, if her father was okay after what she'd done, she could, and would, be okay as well.  Her past no longer existed to her.  She has been attending Sukuinote for about three months now.

Metaverse Uniform

Metaverse Mask

Persona: Oizys
Persona Affinities:Dark, Psy, Gun
Persona Weakness: Light, Nuclear, Physical
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Gardsorm

Chiming in just as a bit player to say, I like how she turned out! The artwork used is pretty neat too (Sad-looking, which fits the image you're going for just right!). The real fun will be seeing how well she plays with everyone else. o:

Revelation

Is this still actively recruting? Persona is my jam, and i've been in a bit of a writing funk the last two or so weeks so I am looking to get back into the writing game with something new as well as something old (Older games).

MiraMirror

Gardsorm

Hey, a familiar face! Welcome to the party, saint!

So far we have about 6 characters or so:

Yuuki Mifunashiro [M] / The Tower
Kimiko Takeda [F] / The Hanged Man
Tsumi Kusanagi [F] / The Magician
Akira Hojo [M] / The Fool
Mallory Fuyuko [F] / The Lovers
Ko Himura  [F] / The Hermit

Revelation

I'm thinking of doing a male character, perhaps strength or chariot themed for Arcana. Not sure on general character or persona type, but I am working out ideas. Thanks, Gardsorm! Nice to see you too.

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Changingsaint on January 04, 2018, 10:40:34 AM
I'm thinking of doing a male character, perhaps strength or chariot themed for Arcana. Not sure on general character or persona type, but I am working out ideas. Thanks, Gardsorm! Nice to see you too.

Hey Changing! Good to see you.

Lynx181

I'd love to join in on this, if a space is still open...I do need to take a look at that book as well to see how a character is made in this...

Empyrean

I think there's room for you and Saint, sure. :)

Basically make a character as you like. It's freeform so no need to worry about a system. Please avoid taking an arcana that's already represented though, and feel free to consult with the other players or us GMs if you have questions.

Lynx181

*nods* sounds ok, may I know the arcana already possessed?

Lynx181

Nevermind, I saw the current list of characters...if it's ok with you, I think I would like to evoke the death arcana for my guy...and if I may ask, what would the age rating be for this game? Just curious.

Gardsorm

Death Arcana, huh? I look forward to what you intend to make. o:

More interest with Persona is always welcome! We have quite the enjoyably dysfunctional character list (save Mallory anyway, she's probably one of the only normal ones, lol)

MiraMirror

I don't know what you're talking about.  Ko is perfectly normal. >:c  FITE ME.

Gardsorm

MiraMirror

Gardsorm

Sorry, I couldn't resist. D: Can you forgive me? ;-;

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 04, 2018, 08:34:22 PM
Death Arcana, huh? I look forward to what you intend to make. o:

More interest with Persona is always welcome! We have quite the enjoyably dysfunctional character list (save Mallory anyway, she's probably one of the only normal ones, lol)

Yeah she’s pretty normal. Though I had an idea for her originally when I first made her that I wanted that didn’t end up happening. She was gonna be a huge fan of magical girl comics and,shows, and it helped her viewpoints of wanting to be a hero. When I was making a P5 game, her alias was going to be “Shoujo”, and she would have worn a Sailor Fuku Uniform, much like Sailor V from the anime Sailor Moon.

But since it is a bit more serious, I decided to go for a bit more serious of a costume and such. Though I kind of want to change it now that I think about it...

Gardsorm

Wwll now is as good a time as any to make the change if that's what you want, before the game proper comes up. o= Both ideas sound kinda fun, and a girl like that would probably come off as a representative of The Star or The Sun and not just The Lovers. xD

Tokyorose627

Quote from: Gardsorm on January 04, 2018, 08:57:02 PM
Wwll now is as good a time as any to make the change if that's what you want, before the game proper comes up. o= Both ideas sound kinda fun, and a girl like that would probably come off as a representative of The Star or The Sun and not just The Lovers. xD

True, very true. Though it’s actually the same girl! It was going to be her hobby to like magical girls, so I wouldn’t be changing the character completely. :P

Though I don’t know if I want to change Arcana. I already kind,of picked it and all.