Super Heroes - IC Started, Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, January 24, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

IC has started. Still open for recruitment.

Vague Title, I'm aware. But I don't have a massive amount of ideas formed just yet. Only that I want to start a team of super heroes in a OC world. Ideally this team is the first of their kind on this incarnation of Earth, perhaps even not properly a team yet. I'd like to RP out a mix between the Super heroics and the day to day lives, be they the persons real life or if the real mask is put on when they go back to being Joe Normal. 

As you can probably guess, I'm very open to ideas. While the game proper is intended to be about a group of special people coming together to become something greater then the sum of its parts if there's an interest in it I'm certainly not against someone taking up the role of someone that represents a military or government arm, be that a 'Nick Fury' type or a 'James Stillwell.'

While I don't want to play a system game, I would like there to be something to allow us to roughly quantify the characters abilities, even something as simple as Marvel's powergrid, along with a description. Obviously.

Like the Young Justice game I'm currently running, I'd quite like to have an ongoing thread for normal team interaction. Something set in perhaps the teams headquarters or what passes for it and occasionally set up a thread set sometime later (so it doesn't interrupt) where we can come together to stop a threat, be that a natural disaster or a super villain. 

xPeachyPuff

I would be interested here (: I like the fact it's a OC world. The reason I haven't joined any Super Hero RP's is because I'm not really very versed with the Marvel or DC universes/cast.

I'd like a character who has Rapid Cellular Regeneration with something extra to make her actually useful lol. And of course, she would be able to be killed via beheading or hitting a spot in the back of her head. Of course she will feel pain just like any normal person as well.

-xSRx

Cold Heritage

I enjoy super heroes, and as such, wish to express interest in this idea. I would prefer to play a type of super hero who flies around, has superhuman strength and durability, and maybe some eyebeams.

Would the intended level of sexual content be on par with your Young Justice game?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 04:56:08 PM
I would be interested here (: I like the fact it's a OC world. The reason I haven't joined any Super Hero RP's is because I'm not really very versed with the Marvel or DC universes/cast.

Yep yep, an OC world. We can build it from the ground up! Even if that's as simple as saying "its real world as of now, then we appear."

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 24, 2013, 04:57:03 PM
Would the intended level of sexual content be on par with your Young Justice game?

Yes, in so much that if two (or more I guess) people want their characters to have sex its entirely up to them. I image this game will primarily be featuring an older cast, likely with their own homes and what not so it might facilitate sex a bit more.

HarleyQuinn

Mark me down as interested. Despite my name ;)

Primarch

azzmeister89

Primarch

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 24, 2013, 05:34:28 PM
I'm down for this

Cool.

It occurs to me that often with Superheroes that aren't established characters, some of the fun is finding out who or what they. Especially a late game reveal. With that in mind, would people be interested in character apps (once a template is up) being submitted & approved via PM, with versions that preserve character secrets or reveals until they are discovered IC? 

azzmeister89

MzHyde

I might be interested. I have a couple of hero characters to pick from. One magic user and one strength from the Gods Wonder Woman-type.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 05:35:13 PM
Cool.

It occurs to me that often with Superheroes that aren't established characters, some of the fun is finding out who or what they. Especially a late game reveal. With that in mind, would people be interested in character apps (once a template is up) being submitted & approved via PM, with versions that preserve character secrets or reveals until they are discovered IC?

Hmmmm. Is quite an interesting idea and I do like it! I think maybe send a full character sheet to you via PM to confirm and then possibly you could release smaller versions with less info to everyone via a character sheet or whatever? Or give us two sheets to make, a full one for you and a less informative one to post here. I think that could really work (:

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: MzHyde on January 24, 2013, 05:37:08 PM
I might be interested. I have a couple of hero characters to pick from. One magic user and one strength from the Gods Wonder Woman-type.

Excellent.

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 05:39:24 PM
Hmmmm. Is quite an interesting idea and I do like it! I think maybe send a full character sheet to you via PM to confirm and then possibly you could release smaller versions with less info to everyone via a character sheet or whatever? Or give us two sheets to make, a full one for you and a less informative one to post here. I think that could really work (:

That would be the plan. Once I've approved a character concept the player can fill in a smaller character sheet (just copy and pasting details) which will be posted to the character thread.

Is there anyone interested in playing someone in the role of a Nick Fury type? Or would people prefer to be a self-sustaining/self regulated hero team?

xPeachyPuff

Awesome~

Well, what direction did you want to go with the RP? More in the Avengers style or did you want to start with some people just finding out about their abilities? Could be like an X-men Evolution RP where they all attend the same college/school or something along those lines and someone comes along and tells them of their abilities. Someone who wants to help them while they still try and live a normal life.

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 05:45:07 PM
Well, what direction did you want to go with the RP? More in the Avengers style or did you want to start with some people just finding out about their abilities? Could be like an X-men Evolution RP where they all attend the same college/school or something along those lines and someone comes along and tells them of their abilities. Someone who wants to help them while they still try and live a normal life.

Well my inspiration would be closer to Avengers more so then X-Men evolution (and Ultimates more so then Avengers).

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 05:50:09 PM
Well my inspiration would be closer to Avengers more so then X-Men evolution (and Ultimates more so then Avengers).

Alrighty, that's cool. Did you have a particular age range you'd prefer to see?

And I think it's probably a good idea to look for a Nick Fury-type character then.

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 05:51:38 PM
Alrighty, that's cool. Did you have a particular age range you'd prefer to see?

And I think it's probably a good idea to look for a Nick Fury-type character then.

I didn't have much in mind of an age range beyond being adults. My own character will likely be between his late twenties & mid thirties.

AribethAmkiir

Put me down for this game. 

By "Nick Fury" type character, you're asking for someone to play a "military" type who can pull the characters together and organize them? 

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 05:52:52 PM
I didn't have much in mind of an age range beyond being adults. My own character will likely be between his late twenties & mid thirties.

Awesome (: Thanks for answering my questions, haha!

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 24, 2013, 05:57:09 PM
Put me down for this game. 

By "Nick Fury" type character, you're asking for someone to play a "military" type who can pull the characters together and organize them?

I was hoping you'd spot this game. I just sent you a PM in fact.

But yes, some 'military' or government type whom seeks out these amazing people from all around the world. Could UN, or a representative of a particular nation.

Primarch

I've gathered interest much faster then expected, I'll get a character sheet up soon.

While for now we can assume the team as a whole might not know each other very well, individuals might know each other.
So if people want to organize connections to each other, or offer a relationship position they might like filled. You could.

For now however, it might be worth just listing some a couple of words and/or examples of a character type you are interested in playing.
Myself for instance:

Powerhouse Outsider, the heavy hitter that doesn't quite fit in. Eg: The Sentry, Dr. Manhatten, The Plutonian

xPeachyPuff

Sounds like a plan, though I'll wait to see other peoples characters before I make any relationship arrangements with anyone. (:

Words to describe my character.....Uhm...Well her powers are going to be Animal Mimicry as her main ability. (As long as it's alright, of course.) With a side of a Healing ability of sorts. (Again, as long as it's alright when I present my character sheet.) Go-getter party girl who doesn't take things seriously until the last minute. She'll be very much ruled by her emotions; I think that would describe what I'm going for.

-xSRx

azzmeister89

Well if it helps my character will be chilled out, go with the flow and rather softly spoken but can easily loose control of his emotions, he prefers calm enviorments just in case. His powers will be all about wind

Cold Heritage

The flying brick, a powerhouse who fights for what he believes in and to protect those who cannot protect themselves. e.g. Marvel's Thor, heroic iterations of Hyperion, Invincible, Mr. Majestic
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Primarch

Character Sheet:

Name: Character's real/civilian name
Age: Character's age, in the event of someone younger then they look, please list real age and visual age
Nationality: Character's nationality
Place of Residence: Location character is currently living
Personality: Character's personality

Appearance: Character's physical appearance, image ideally (photo or suitably realistic artistic depiction, or as appropriate for non-human looking individuals. In the event of using more then one picture, please place 'main' image and any others in spoiler tags

Codename: Character's 'hero' name
Outfit: Character's costume/attire when operating as a vigilante, written description or appropriate image
Powers: Characters powers, fill in details below based on this scale followed by fleshed out written description to give the details
Intelligence:
Strength:
Speed:
Durability:
Energy Projection:
Fighting Ability:

Skills: Any and all skills the character has been trained in or naturally occuring benefits, such as genius level intellect (and in what field)

Special Equipment: Any equipment the character brings with them on a regular basis

Backstory: The characters backstory

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Place of Residence:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Outfit:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[i]Intelligence:[/i]
[i]Strength:[/i]
[i]Speed:[/i]
[i]Durability:[/i]
[i]Energy Projection:[/i]
[i]Fighting Ability:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Special Equipment:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 06:52:28 PM
Character Sheet:

Name: Character's real/civilian name
Age: Character's age, in the event of someone younger then they look, please list real age and visual age
Nationality: Character's nationality
Place of Residence: Location character is currently living
Personality: Character's personality

Appearance: Character's physical appearance, image ideally (photo or suitably realistic artistic depiction, or as appropriate for non-human looking individuals. In the event of using more then one picture, please place 'main' image and any others in spoiler tags

Codename: Character's 'hero' name
Outfit: Character's costume/attire when operating as a vigilante, written description or appropriate image
Powers: Characters powers, fill in details below based on this scale followed by fleshed out written description to give the details
Intelligence:
Strength:
Speed:
Durability:
Energy Projection:
Fighting Ability:

Skills: Any and all skills the character has been trained in or naturally occuring benefits, such as genius level intellect (and in what field)

Special Equipment: Any equipment the character brings with them on a regular basis

Backstory: The characters backstory

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Place of Residence:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Outfit:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[i]Intelligence:[/i]
[i]Strength:[/i]