Noble Affairs (Pathfinder)

Started by Foxfyr, March 01, 2012, 10:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxfyr

On the surface, things appear to be another normal day in the nation of Alera from the perspective of the average person.  Perhaps there is a little more activity going on in the politics of noble houses and the Senate, but that was hardly uncommon.  Those who were immersed in such affairs, however, knew just how turbulent the times truly were.  Gaius Sextus, First Lord of Alera, had lost his son and heir in a sudden battle with the barbarians to the east nearly a decade ago.  His wife, overwhelmed by grief upon that news took ill and passed away not too long after.  Though he has since taken on a new wife, the union was entirely a political affair and no new heir has yet been conceived despite the years they have been wed.  Such a thing may not even be possible now that he is well within his late sixties and the High Lords of the land see the opportunity to claim the throne for themselves.  Nobody dares to take matters to the battlefield, knowing that any overt attempts to gain the crown would only brand them as a traitor causing the legions of not only Alera Imperia, but most if not all of the legions belonging to the other High Lords to descend upon them.

It is for this reason that the war is fought in the dark alleys, underground tunnels, and wherever else agents happen to cross one another in their attempts to give their patron political advantage.  All this in an attempt to discredit the competency of the current First Lord and other High Lords in an attempt to prove their own worth to rule the land by currying favor with the Senate.  Though, that knowledge is simply the ‘why’ behind what drives you and your group of agents who serve Gaius.  What truly matters to you is the ‘how’.  How to disrupt the attempts of those who wish to turn against your lord by either destroying his power base or, if fortunate enough, burying a dagger in his back in both a literal and figurative sense.  Your missions range broadly from the elaborate balls of the upper crust of society where politics and alliances can make or break individuals, down to the impossibly intricate and vast labyrinth of tunnels beneath the city known as the Deeps where steel and destructive magic do the talking.

The ability to do your job effectively relies heavily upon the ability to maintain your anonymity.  So what better place to remain largely out of the public eye while still having access to the unrelenting tide of rumors that float around the city than the bathhouse/brothel that serves as the covert headquarters to your team?  The establishment is a practical hub of information that is easily coaxed out of individuals whose words are unguarded when surrounded by an abundance of alcohol and enticing company.  It is there that Daemus, owner of the brothel dubbed Bakkheia, leader and advisor to your covert team, and unassuming master spy in service to Gaius resides.  It is from him that you receive your missives while he stalks the moan-filled halls of his establishment for reliable tips that warrant investigating.

4 Players (excluding me)
Pathfinder (anything in the SRD)
Any race listed in the SRD
Starting Level: 8
Hit Points: Max first die, roll for the following 7 levels  (reroll 1s)
Starting Wealth: 33,000gp
25 Point Buy
2 Traits from different categories
Any non-lawful class welcome

I plan on playing a rogue focused more on dueling than trapfinding and subterfuge, so it may be handy to have another one handy to help with those areas.  After all, it wouldn’t be right if I both set any traps and then disarmed them or coaxed my own NPCs into giving information we are after.  Such a thing seems masturbatory, which doesn’t make sense when one has access to a bathhouse/brothel.  I plan on running this with equal parts action driven missions and fun naughty interactions, sometimes combining the two (who’s up for a honeypot mission?).

Slot 1: NicciKotor (Female Fighter)
Slot 2: Milanthe (Arcane Trickster?)
Slot 3: Ershin (Oracle)
Slot 4: Latooni Subota (Summoner)
Slot 5: (Conditional)

*Looking for somebody to claim leader position.

Latooni Subota

I'm interested, though not sure about playing a leader role. An Alchemist or Summoner would be fun to play, and i'm sure both would be useful in action AND covert stuff, in different ways!

Edit: Female, of course.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Foxfyr

Either could be quite interesting.  :D

NicciKotor

Already done:

Cecilia, The Sundering Maiden

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=10292

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Muse

I'd like to offer up a priestess of Calistria to your efforts, if you'll have me? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

So i noticed you said non lawful classes but can people be lawful alignment cause i was thinking of  playing a lawful evil character who is the loyal black hand to the throne and possibly be in charge of one of the thieves guild in the nation.

Medical Miracle

I'd be interested in giving this a try, maybe a daughter of a noble house loyal to Gaius that has sent her to take part in this mission. Hmm, could create some interesting character motivation.

Foxfyr

So far we have three slots filled that cover the three areas that are essential for this campaign, which leaves the fourth slot as a wildcard who can be just about anything.  For those who have expressed interest in this RP, I would like it if you listed the class levels you plan on taking and what role you plan on playing within the group to give me an idea of who will be a best fit.  I'll also entertain the idea of taking in a fifth play should there be two character concepts that catch my eye.

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on March 02, 2012, 03:18:23 AM
So i noticed you said non lawful classes but can people be lawful alignment cause i was thinking of  playing a lawful evil character who is the loyal black hand to the throne and possibly be in charge of one of the thieves guild in the nation.

A lawful alignment is fine, it's just that paladin and monk classes wouldn't be the sorts to get involved with this sort of business.  If you plan on being in charge of a group of thieves, you will need the leadership feat.  Though you should know that any followers you may have will mainly play the role of informants with the missions we will be doing.

Quote from: Medical Miracle on March 02, 2012, 03:40:22 AM
I'd be interested in giving this a try, maybe a daughter of a noble house loyal to Gaius that has sent her to take part in this mission. Hmm, could create some interesting character motivation.

This campaign will consist of several missions that would make it implausible for any individuals not within the group to participate in all of them.  However, I do have a large mission in mind that your character would be a very interesting addition to if you would like to get involved a little later along the line.  We can discuss this further via PM should this interest you.

Latooni Subota

Summoner all the way, 1 through 8. I'm actually planning on having my Eidolon capable of roguery, being small sized, having some of the rogue skills for it's personal skills, flight, maybe invisibility. Basically, when combat breaks out she'll use regular summons to keep out of harm's way, and her Eidolon (Yay share senses) to do cool sneakery when needed.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

DRoux

I'll play. I haven't had a chance to play any Pathfinder recently, so this will be a fun little change of pace. If you still need a trap-oriented rogue, I'd be happy to join in.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Latooni Subota

When do you want sheets by, for our apps?

Marie Reynolds

Yep that's what I was going for.so one rogue assassin comming up

DRoux

Alright. I'll roll up a bard then, fill in the wildcard slot with a wildcard.  O8)
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

NicciKotor

Quote from: DRoux on March 02, 2012, 10:59:45 PM
Alright. I'll roll up a bard then, fill in the wildcard slot with a wildcard.  O8)

Better be nice and sexy and spankable.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Foxfyr

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 03, 2012, 01:35:03 AM
I guess this is full now?

We might have room for one more if the character turns out to be something that may be missing.

DRoux

There's always a cleric, but I don't know how much shady business they like to get involved in.

Foxfyr

We already have an oracle, which will be able to handle any healing that needs to be done.

DRoux

And that shows how long it's been since I've flipped through my Pathfinder stuff. Sorry about that.

Foxfyr

No worries, I had to read through the Oracle class information as well. ^_^;

ShadowFox89

You have a summoner, oracle, arcane trickster, and fighter. Looks like you need some sort of blaster. Maybe a psion(kineticist)?

edit: Here's the sheet so far-

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=377360

I'd like to aim for both the Blaster and Leader role.

edit 2: Either Kineticist or Telepath, still deciding.... Telepath means I can have Mind Control :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Medical Miracle

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 03, 2012, 07:07:49 PM
You have a summoner, oracle, arcane trickster, and fighter. Looks like you need some sort of blaster. Maybe a psion(kineticist)?
I believe it's Pathfinder SRD only, most of Pathfinder wasn't made with psionics in mind so I'm not sure how well it would work anyways.

ShadowFox89

Psionics is in the Pathfinder SRD website.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Medical Miracle

Ah, it's a 3rd party class. My mistake.

ShadowFox89

Dreamscarred Press is one of the better 3rd party publishers out there. I like their stuff better than what WotC put out for 3.5 psionics >.<'
Call me Shadow
My A/A