Gladiator's Midievil Fantasy RP!

Started by Gladiator0161, March 06, 2013, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Alright, so this rp story will be loosely based off the video game series Elder Scrolls. Since the beta for the Elder Scrolls MMO is coming out, and the wait is killing me, lol, a friend and I came up with this!

I'll be using the cities and countries of the Elder Scrolls series, along with the races and some of the organizations, like for instance The Fighter's Guild, The Mage's Guild, Thieves Guild, The Companions, ect. but, that's where the similarities end. I won't be using a political scene unless it's absolutely necessary (meaning dealing with the political situation between Governors, Kings, Jarls ect. and their territories).

Also, god-moding will not be tolerated, you will get hit, you will get hurt, and your character does have the possibility of dying. However, no one will be allowed to kill another player's character without that player's permission, and I will only do so if someone disappears for a long period of time, or someone gets out of line. In most cases, if someone disappears and doesn't post for a while, I'll most likely have them wonder off somewhere and get lost, that way they can rejoin us if they want to.

Weapons that aren't allowed

Daedric Artifacts, super badass AoE weapons, or other canonical weapons that are named in any of the Elder Scrolls video games, like Volendrung, Sufferthorn, Bloodthorn, Trollsbane, Gauldor Blackblade, Gauldor Blackbow, Chillwind, Dawnbreaker, Mehrune's Razor, Dragonbane, Red Eagle's Bane, Red Eagle's Fury, ect. are not allowed. Characters that start out with the best gear and the most powerful abilities are boring, and there wouldn't really be any point to the story if our characters were that way. There would be no threat of them ever truly being in danger. The more experienced or battle-hardened a character is, the tougher the challenges and opponents he or she faces need to be. Not to mention that it just causes problems, so please, don't ask for those type of weapons.

Also, this is not Dungeons and Dragons (also cool though I've never played), and we don't use dice for damage, save, or finding rolls, lol.

Weapons and Armors that are allowed

You can have any weapons or armor made out of Wood, Iron, Steel, Dwarvish, Corundum (an enhancer for iron), Moonstone (Elvish weapons), Refined Malachite (Glass Weapons), Orchish, Ebony, or Daedric (all Daedric weapons are is Ebony mixed with a Daedra's heart), Falmer (if you have an idea for a weapon that is inherited to your character that once was forged by the Snow Elves before they became the Falmer, I'll consider it), or Forsworn makes. You can also have a couple of enchantments on the weapons and armor as long as it does not cross the boundaries of the rules stated above. So, I don't want to see replicas of Dawnstar or Mehrune's Razor.

Nightingale Equipment is also allowed for those that are either in that group, or have been at one time. If you've killed a Nightingale and taken his equipment, it will also be allowed.

Also, I will allow romance/sex scenes and graphic descriptions but, I don't want that to be the focus of this rp. This rp is strictly story driven, everything else is a bonus. So I don't want two pages of sex scenes and little else, ok?

And finally, DO NOT use modern curse words like "fuck" in this rp, and please refrain from posting one sentence replies. I will understand if you can't think of anything else to write but, please write at least a paragraph (5 sentences). The more the better for me and everyone else ;)

Horses

Now personally, I love horses. They're beautiful, majestic, intelligent creatures and riding horses helped me improve my hand writing when I was a kid, because I had seizures when I was really young, and so an after affect of that was that my hands shook. So, I have alot of fond feelings and respect for horses. That being said however, for the life of an adventurer and the purposes of this story, horses will just get in the way of things, and so won't be allowed beyond the city of Whiterun.

Why Whiterun? Because eventually our adventuresome path will take us by there, so, if you want your character to have a horse, they can bring it to Winterhold, join the meeting, and leave with it from Winterhold and take it with them to Whiterun. Leaving it in Winterhold is a death sentence because of how cold it is there, realistically, the horse would freeze and die in such a freezing environment. Also, Winterhold does not have a horse stable, and Whiterun does.

Reasons against horses in this rp

1: Your character will have to to take care of them.

Yes, like real animals in real life if they get hungry, sick, or wounded, your character will have to take care of those needs.

2: Horses, like other animals, have limited intelligence.

So, if your horse gets frightened, or you get ambushed by say, a Sabre Cat? You will most likely get thrown off and injured yourself. If there is a Necromancer cave that just spews an evil aura/feeling, and your horse is nervous and does not want to move, or go anywhere near that place, you run the risk of getting thrown off and losing your horse anyway, because it will run off to get away from whatever is frightening it. Also, you run the risk of getting your character seriously hurt, or killed by being trampled by your own horse, or another players horse.

3: They die easily.

Now, I'm not saying that if you have a horse that was raised around battle, that it'll scare easily, or won't put up a fight but, let's face it, Elder Scrolls is not known for it's weak enemies. Will a horse kill a bandit? Yes. Will it kill a Wolf, Mountain Lion, or small Daedric monster like a Scamp, or Imp? Most likely. Will it kill a Daedric monster like a Fire Atronauch, Frost Atronauch, Storm Atronauch, a small Daedra Lord, or Xivillai? No. Will it kill Werewolves? No, not if they're healthy. Vampires? Same thing. Not if they're healthy. What about Ogres, Minotaurs, or Mages? No, and definitely no. As for the Mage, it depends on whether he's distracted by something.

4: They're a hindrance. Plain and simple, they can't go everywhere that a player can, and realistically, they can't go straight up the side of a cliff like they can in the game.

Reasons for horses

1: They decrease travel time. This is the single biggest reason that I could think of when contemplating whether or not to disallow horses.

Example of what I mean: Walking distance from Winterhold to Whiterun on a straight path, will take you 4 days to travel. Riding a horse from Winterhold to Whiterun will take you a day and a half at a run. And that's if you run them most of the day. Really though, the whole point of the story is to have fun and explore things while you try to find the instigator behind the rampant destruction. So, having a horse is still a bad idea.

2: They will keep your character warm at night.

3: Should your character start to starve, they are a source of food.

Ok now that all of that is out of the way let the telling of the story behind this rp commence! :D

The Story Date: 4E 50

It's been 50 years since the Oblivion Crisis and though the world is no longer in danger of being over run by the Daedra, rumors have started to spread about a mysterious terror that has gripped the land. All over Tamriel towns and villages have been burned down in a single night, people mysteriously disappear, or are killed, burned alive but, according to some of the Mage's involved in the autopsies, magic was not involved. In response to this new and unseen threat, The Fighter's Guild and their rivals, The Blackwood Company, have banded together to discover and hopefully conquer this threat.

(Instead of the Blackwood Company disbanding because of the destruction of the Hist Tree, they simply went inactive for a time before a new Guild Master rose up and brought the surviving members back together, and started training new recruits. Ofcourse, the destruction of the Hist Tree was still a mighty blow and they still take on some jobs that the Fighter's Guild won't touch, such as paid assassinations, so the bitterness between the two guilds remains.)

Since all of the continent of Tamriel is in possible danger, and there is sufficient evidence to perceive it as such, though ofcourse most are doubtful at best, The Companions also join the collaboration and team up with the other guilds under the order of the Jarl of Whiterun Hold in Skyrim. Warriors from all over Tamriel have gathered for this historic meeting between the guilds for the promise of adventure, treasure, power, and renown.

Will you be one of them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, obviously, you don't have to know the Elder Scrolls games in order to play in this rp but, the link below goes to the Elder Scrolls Wiki in case you want to learn more/have any questions about the world, Nirn, or the "mortal plane" (that's new to me and I played Marrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, lol).

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki

Now, it doesn't matter to me how many people join. All are welcome but, please specify which guild you want your character to be under, and what race you would like to play. If I left out any guilds you think would be relevant for this rp, please mention them! :D

I haven't had the pleasure of playing Daggerfall or any of the other games before Marrowind.

The very last thing, I swear, is the Character sheet. Please fill it out to the best of your ability and don't be afraid to ask for suggestions from myself, or any of the other players.

Playable Races

Argonian- Lizard-like humanoids
Altmer- High Elf
Breton- Human
Bosmer- Wood Elf
Betmer- Beastfolk- Vampires, Werewolves
Dunmer- Dark Elf
Imperial- Human
Khajiit- Cat-like humanoids
Maormer- Sea Elves- Mermen and Mermaids- apparently requires some kind of sea snake to move around on land?
Nord- Human
Orsimer- Orc
Redguard- Human

Racial Lifespans-(This is just what is generally accepted. The number of years each race lives is actually still being debated to my knowledge, so, if you want your character to be a little older than what's on here, it should be fine. I'll say something if anyone goes overboard, lol.)

The general consensus is that Nords, Bretons, Imperials and Redguards live for around 150 years.
Elves live around 500 or more, with High Elves being the longest lived of the Elf races. I think it's been said in Skyrim that Altmer (High Elves) have been known to live around 1,000 years but, don't quote me on that. Argonians and Kahjiit live at about the same life span, around 300 years.

QuoteName:
Race:
Class/Occupation:
Archetype:
Alignment:

Weight:

Appearance:
Personality:
Biography:
Gear and Weaponry:

Oh, and this is what I imagine a Survival Bag to look like, in case you were curious : http://www.guntia-militaria-shop.de/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=1067&osCsid=dia4evrhff3dpbvof081gbnia4

THE STORY THREAD IS UP! PLEASE TALK TO ME BEFORE JUMPING IN IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING!

We are currently finishing up the historic meeting in Winterhold, and are almost ready to set out on our journey!

Story Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169700.0

Hunter Phoenix

*Appears in a blaze of bright fire, then promptly has to stamp out fire on cloak*

Ahem, that fire never happened. *Looks around shiftily*

Ok so yeah I would be up for this and I would totally go with the Mages Guild because let's face it, Mages are badass and I love to be a magic wielder. Also totally wanna be a High Elf, those suckers got attitude up the butt. Especially if you mess with them, it's all like "I WILL END YOU!!!" sort of stuff.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Gladiator0161

Alright! Accepted. Welcome aboard Hunter Phoenix!

kingmaster1

*appears out of nowhere* Elder scrolls! I MUST be a part of this ;D

I'll bring my imperial thief Melonia or my redguard warrior Black-blade!

I'll have to flip a coin to decide, I love them both so much!  :'(

Anyway...the short version is...I'd like to join this :-)

Gladiator0161

Glad to hear it Kingmaster1! Accepted. I still can't decide who I'm gonna play beside my werewolf/Nord dude Galamar.

I've created so many characters on Skyrim and I love them all, lol.

I mean, I'm gonna be plenty busy with NPC's, because I obviously gotta play the Fighters Guild Master, Mages Guild Master, the Harbinger of the Companions, and the Blackwood Company Guild Master for the initial post of the thread because I'm gonna start with the meeting first, that way we're all together.

azzmeister89

Gladiator0161

Awesome! Welcome Azzmeister89! Thanks for the interest!

Ok, as soon as a couple friends of mine decide whether they want to join or not, one of which is applying for acceptance so, dunno how long that'll take but, after that, I think we'll have enough people to get things rolling.

Oh yeah, and I have to come up with names, races, and personalities for the 4 guild master NPCs :D

Btw, I'm gonna be naming the thread Elder Scrolls: Storm Front.

kingmaster1

Nice, I think the thieves guild master should be a khajit...just cause they're mostly thieves anyway...

I think I've decided to use my thief Melonia. She's an imperial with some surprisingly sticky fingers.

What's the policy on weapons? Can she have her nightingale stuff or are we limited?

azzmeister89

My question is are we limited to only using weapons and armor found in games or can we come up with our own things, within reason. I'm asking this because i find it curious that each race/nation has there own armors and weapons apart from the kajit and argonions and i think it would be interesting to think on those

Gladiator0161

Nightingale equipment is fine Kingmaster1, and you have a good point Azzmeister89, I'm fine with you coming up with your own weapons and armors as long as it fits the world of Elder Scrolls. For instance, with everything that the Elder Scrolls games have, I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't have Crossbows, so I'm allowing the use of Crossbows.

Also, for anyone wanting to play the Mage class, if you have a spell that you created in Oblivion, I'll allow you to use it, as long as it isn't godly powerful and can wipe out anything within miles that is. There are alot of spells that they left out of Skyrim, like a ton of Alteration and Conjuration spells, cause I had a character that had a spell for opening locks, and could conjure a Flesh Atronach, and all those other creepy crawleys from the Shiver Isles. Oh, and if you want to use an Invisibility spell, you can, and motions like opening a door, picking something up, or using your weapon won't dis-spell it but, it will still be useless against a Life Detection spell.

I'll even allow teleportation spells but, only effective on up to four people and it's range will have to be within meters, otherwise the thread will be over really really quickly, lol. Sound fair?

kingmaster1

that all sounds good to me, what about dedric artifacts? Could my girl have the dawnbreaker or wabbajack? Or would that be too powerful?

I plan on her being a deadra worshiper, just like in game :P

Specifically for sheogorath, nocturnal, and Meridia. She doesn't need all of their weapons but I would like her dual wielding the dawnbreaker and her nightingale blade :-)

Gladiator0161

Well, I think we better leave Daedric artifacts in general out of it, as most are really powerful, and the Wabbajack is more so, as it's thing is that anything can happen. That's just too powerful. You can have Daedric weapons, and a sword with similar enchantments to Dawnbreaker but, Dawnbreaker itself is off limits.

So setting undead/zombies on fire, no problem, making them explode and setting them on fire is a no go. Also, this just makes it better for everyone, cause if one person has a Daedric artifact, then everyone's gonna want one, not that I would blame them, they are cool.

I just don't want any hurt feelings over this stuff, so I'd rather not even risk it.

Oh, and btw, I was mistaken Asher17 tells me that the Dark Elves (Dunmer) in Marrowind had Crossbows, which I didn't know. So, there we go. Thanks Asher17!

He's a recently applied player that I happen to know in real life, so he would say hi but, until he's approved he can't post in here, lol.

kingmaster1

That's cool and I see your logic. I'll just have her enchant something with similar effects, maybe an ebony blade or something. I want it to look similar to a nightingale blade so ebony is the closest thing. I'd say Miraak's sword....but that would be way too op :P

I think I'll go with....hmmm..... if we can make new weapons....could I make a one handed version of the bloodskall blade?

Has anyone else played the dragonborn DLC for skyrim? If so, if you've found the bloodskal blade, under the mine in ravenrock, it's the blade that shoots red beams when you swing it, could I make it one handed?

Gladiator0161

Tell me more about it before I give a definite answer, cause I haven't played the Dragonborn DLC and probably won't for quite awhile, as I'm poor as crap and my priorities lie in a new tire for my car, lol.

kingmaster1

It's amazing, first off, they did an amazing job on the whole thing. You will absolutely love it as it is the best DLC yet.

Anyway, https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodskal_Blade

There's the wiki page for it. It would be my favorite weapon if it was one handed, so obviously it would take some damage reduction for the transformation, but other than that I would want it the same :-)

Gladiator0161

I'm sorry Kingmaster1, I'm gonna have to say no to that one too after reading the enchantment description. It's just too powerful. U can have your sword look like it but, that's as far as it goes. Energy beams going through multiple enemies, and walls? Yeah, that's a no.

I've added a map of Tamriel. I'd like you all to think about where you would like to start off in the rp, as I'll be doing the initial post and starting off with all the Guild Masters gathered for the meeting, so that we can all start out in the same place. Then we'll go from there and see what happens, lol.

I only really know Cyrodiil and Skyrim. I know what Marrowind looks like but, I haven't played much of Marrowind to be honest. I actually never really even got out of Balmora, lol. It takes forever to get anywhere in that game!

So, Asher17 informed me that he'd like to start out somewhere in Skyrim, and that he'll gladly NPC the Arch Mage from there.

So, that's one vote for Skyrim. Anyone else?

kingmaster1

Okay, how about this, I'll change the default damage to be appropriate for a one hander and nerf the enchantment. Like, not let it go through walls or enemies and make it so I have a cool down on it?

Or perhaps I could give her chillrend? (Mercer's sword) I used that for the longest time as well.

I vote skyrim by the way, I want my girl starting in Riften, near her thieves guild buddies ;D

BadForm

Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200349.0

EvilMegaCookie

*walks in, reading a book named ''The Lusty Argonian Maid'', noticing that there are several others beside me, I quickly burn the book using a fireball spell* Erhem. I would like to join!

kingmaster1

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on March 09, 2013, 07:01:18 PM
*walks in, reading a book named ''The Lusty Argonian Maid'', noticing that there are several others beside me, I quickly burn the book using a fireball spell* Erhem. I would like to join!

*peaks over your shoulder* have you read the second volume? It's quite....titillating....

BadForm

Volume two is nothing - that work is quite extensive... and once you get the 69, then you know you're doing well!
Absences thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202963.msg9924174#msg9924174

-----

Think you know your movies? How about their dialogue? Try the following silly movie caption thread:

kingmaster1

Oooooooooh, a fellow scholar! I'm proud to say I own all of the 99 volumes and waiting patiently for the 100th ;D

Asher17

Heya Gladiator!

I just got approved so now I'm ready to jump in. Nice to meet you all! And no BadForm, you're not
too late to join in. ^^ So like Glad said I'll be NPCing the Arch Mage present at the gathering, and
he will be from Skyrim. My main character however will be a guttersnipe from Elsweyr, a young
(former) desert dweller who wanders Tamriel not for the sake of adventure so much as just to
stay alive. Oh, and he's not a Khajiit.  ;D

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting started. Peace out for now! ~
(P.S. The Lusty Argonian Maid is awesomesauce.)

BadForm

The character I would choose to play, if ok, would be the one I just set up to try playing through Skyrim - a Bosmer archer/mage. Primarily an archer (with some adventuring scout skills like lockpicking), she uses destruction spells when up close, where bows really wouldn't work out too well. She would practice largely basic destruction spells - sparks, flames, etc, and no AoE ones, since she prefers stealth and archery at range. She also uses restoration spells for healing, and alchemy for boosts. That is as I have her set up for the game at least (and no, I didn't claim to make non-gimped characters)... if this meets with approval let me know. If you have a specific character sheet to fill in I'll be happy to.

-----

Asher17

We will have to wait to see what Gladiator says but a Bosmer archer with a side of magic sounds fine.
I'm sensing I might need to offer a word of caution however, for everyone in general: Don't be too
focused on stats, abilities, and/or how the character you want to play would fit into the Elder Scrolls
games. We're going to be building a story here, granted within the world of Tamriel, but creating a
character you're going to be writing is a little different than creating one in a video game. I hope that
makes sense, and I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls here, it just seems there's been a lot of talk
about details specific to the ES video games.

kingmaster1

true, but for me I already know very well how I would work with Minella, she would be a thief with the thieves guild and a nightingale with the standard equipment and everything. As for her personality....well, I made her, I know how she does things :P

She's a sassy one this.

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 10, 2013, 05:01:46 PM
true, but for me I already know very well how I would work with Minella, she would be a thief with the thieves guild and a nightingale with the standard equipment and everything. As for her personality....well, I made her, I know how she does things :P

She's a sassy one this.

Sounds cool.  XD

The character I'll be playing used to be a thief, so it'll be interesting to see how he and Minella interact.  :D

kingmaster1

Indeed, I'm still trying to get it cleared if she could use chillrend, the sword you get from Mercer's house with her nightingale blade. I plan on her having the nightingale blade, nightingale bow, and Chillrend or a blade's sword, you know like the dragonbane

azzmeister89

i think i'm going to use my smithing master, he'll be an ex orphan from Riften who was adopted by the Greymane family in Whiterun, although still young he is highly skilled with metal work and if its ok with the gm's will carry a dragon bone sword but his armor will be more basic 

Gladiator0161

*sighs* Ok guys, please keep in mind with the following that I am tired at the moment, really frustrated, and I do not work in the Public Relations Department.

So, here's the deal.

No Kingmaster, you cannot have Chillrend. You can have a sword with a frost enchantment on it however. Since your character is a Nightingale and involved with the Thieves Guild, the Nightingale stuff is fine. Let me reiterate for you, Chillrend is a canon weapon, I don't have a problem with the weapon's enchantments, I have a problem with you wanting that specific weapon. It causes problems, just like with the Daedric artifacts. If I let you have one, then everyone will want one, and this rp will be no fun. The activities (i.e. quests) you experience and the items you find in the games have no bearing on this rp. Your character should be an original idea of how a person - not one from the games - would exist and develop in that world.

Azzmeister, you can't have a dragon bone sword because Dragons aren't around yet. And if you meant Dragonbane, as in the sword that the Blades used to kill Dragons, I'm saying no to that too because only the Blades would know where it is, and Dragons haven't existed for generations, so having it would be useless. And I'm going to have to say no to the whole adopted by the Greymanes. That's a canon family and I don't want unnecessary canon material in an original story. Having your character have been adopted by a Nord family living in Whiterun however, is perfectly fine.

BadForm and EvilMegaCookie, welcome aboard! If I haven't scared you off now, lol. ^^;

Your character sounds good to me BadForm, have at it.

Now, if anyone else mentions having/wanting a Daedric Artifact, a super badass AoE weapon, or another canonical weapon that's named in any of the Elder Scrolls video games, like Volendrung, Sufferthorn, Bloodthorn, Trollsbane, Gauldor Blackblade, Gauldor Blackbow, Chillwind, Dawnbreaker, Mehrune's Razor, Dragonbane, Red Eagle's Bane, Red Eagle's Fury, ect. I will be forced to cancel this thread. Characters that start out with the best gear and the most powerful abilities are boring, and there wouldn't really be any point to the story if our characters were that way. There would be no threat of them ever truly being in danger. The more experienced or battle-hardened a character is, the tougher the challenges and opponents he or she faces need to be.

This is not Final Fantasy (cool as it is),  and this is not Dungeons and Dragons (also cool though I've never played). This is not a video game, and we don't use dice for damage, save, or finding rolls. There are no damage points, no health bar, no magicka bar, no stamina bar! This is a roleplay thread. You create a character in your mind and you develop them in a written story.

If I have hurt anyone's feelings I'm sorry.

In order to help you guys get a better idea of what I have in mind, I'm going to have to ask for character profiles. I'll post one myself for all the characters I'll be using in the rp. Don't worry, it's not going to be hard or complicated. I'm only doing this for everyone's benefit, and it'll help those of you with brand new characters, that have been made on the spot, to get their personalities down. Ok?

kingmaster1

Alright, I'm fine with that, sorry about causing stress. I probably should have gotten the idea about the named weapons :P

Sorry about that.

Anyway, I'll probably give her a glass sword with cold enchant or an ebony with fire, either one is fine by me. Probably the glass weapon, it fits well with her and the nightingale blade.

I'll work out an appropriate level to the cold enchant, and I'll keep it to the cold since dual enchants would be too powerful.

Asher17

Oh, just to clarify, katanas are fine. The Dragonbane sword(s) or other Blades' weapons are off-limits
due to the possible complications involved with roping them in however. Please note though that a
katana would be considered a strange and/or exotic weapon to most people in Tamriel. The style
of blades people in Tamriel are used to seeing are much more akin to real-world longswords and
such. :3

Gladiator and I hope this clears everything up, and again, apologies if this has upset anyone.
Please feel free to ask me any questions if need be, either here or via PM.  ;)

kingmaster1

Hmm, well I just said katana cause the blade's swords look like them, if you ever look closely. So I may choose one of those with shock or a glass sword with ice. I'll flip a coin.

Gladiator0161

Thank you for understanding Kingmaster. It wasn't all you stressing me out, so don't think that. I've just had a long day, alot on my mind lately, and I'm not looking forward to the work week, lol.

And either sword style is fine Kingmaster, like Asher said. And also like Asher said, if anyone has any questions or anything they want to discuss, please don't hesitate to ask, or to pm me about it as well. :)

kingmaster1

Okay, still, sorry I've been difficult. I really should have gotten it :-)

Anyway...I doubt three swords are allowed, right? Of course she couldn't use all three but could she just have the option of switching mid battle? Or should I just keep it at two?

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 10, 2013, 11:30:43 PM
Okay, still, sorry I've been difficult. I really should have gotten it :-)

Anyway...I doubt three swords are allowed, right? Of course she couldn't use all three but could she just have the option of switching mid battle? Or should I just keep it at two?

It's all good man.  C:)

I've conferred with Gladiator, and three swords wouldn't be a problem per se, but as you point
out that might require a lot of weapon switching, and then there's the question of how an
Imperial lass such as she would realistically carry three blades at once. You could have her strap
a blade to each hip and then have the third on her back, but she probably wouldn't be able to
carry much more. Us thieves gotta stay light on our feet, right?  8-) So it just depends on if you
have your heart set on three swords or not, and how the character would realistically pack
them around throughout the journey. Which is why I'm questioning myself about if my dude
will have his bow or not... Hmm...

kingmaster1

Well, my idea would be her holding two on her left hip and one on her right. the nightingale blade being the one on the right and the one she doesn't switch out. Plus the bow strapped to her back. These would be the only weapons she uses since she isn't a magic user and would keep potions tied to her chest or something along those lines. I think that it would be light enough since they're one handed and weigh little as is. Really the heaviest thing would be the bow that she only uses when more stealth is needed than a simple throat slice.

All in all it would be doable. It's like in the game really, the one handers are on the side and the bow is on the back with the arrow quiver. Are the style of the arrows important? If not I'll probably have her use ebony arrows, black works with black :P

Gladiator0161

Seems Asher has things well in hand, lol. His thoughts mimic my own, and considering she's a thief, I'd say two swords and a bow with a quiver would be plenty for her to carry. Oh, and don't forget about those good old fashioned pouches, or the fact that it's pretty standard to have a belt or two in this era, which are actually very handy and which brings something else to mind actually. Either way it's up to you.

Me and Asher did some research, well mostly Asher really but, we've agreed that the date for our game will be the 4th Era in the 50th year. So 4E Year 50, that's long enough to not be able to mess with Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion's timeline, cause the 3rd era ended when Martin Septim died, which was 3E 433, and yet early enough in the timeline to where we don't mess anything up in Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim's timeline.

So, in our timeline Titus Mede the 1st is currently Emperor of Cyrodiil, and the Thalmor have taken over Valenwood, and are either pressing into Elsweyr, or have already conquered it. Not sure which quite yet. Either way though, the Thalmor are in Valenwood, home of the Bosmer or Wood Elves, and a few are more than likely in Elsweyr either scouting it out, or attempting to "negotiate" with whatever kind of government exists there. We're still checking that out btw.

So, if you want to have a character that witnessed Dagon's return, Martin's demise, and escaped the Thalmor, that's fine but, don't write your character as if he's the one you played through the actual game, and please don't act like your character knows the character that actually defeated Dagon. Please for the love of god don't do that, lol. I don't wanna bust anyone's balls over that subject, lol. Asher will have to come over to pull me off the keyboard, lmao.

You can be a guy that happened to be in the wrong/right place at the wrong time and your character could even have assisted somewhat in the chaos but, be realistic with it, ok? I don't want to see anyone claiming to have defeated Dagon single handedly.

Also, when we do start out story thread it's name will be Elder Scrolls: Storm Front, and I'll link it in here ofcourse when it's up on both the last page and the initial post of this request thread. :)

EvilMegaCookie

I would go for the two-handed axe swingin' Redguard. Well, any two-handed in general...would it work if he is an albino? Also, I am planning for him to be a tad bit stealthy. Imagine a guy wielding a two-handed weapon that is just as sneaky like an assassin and coming out of nowhere, chopping, bashing or slashing your body. Or would that be a bit unrealistic? Considering how heavy the weapons are. I do plan for him to be on the muscular side (which is a must when it comes to two-handed weapons). I will wait until the actual sheet. Unless I have missed something O.O

kingmaster1

Okay, I'll have her stick with the nightingale blade, glass sword with frost, and nightingale bow, that should be enough :P

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 11, 2013, 09:42:54 AM
Well, my idea would be her holding two on her left hip and one on her right. the nightingale blade being the one on the right and the one she doesn't switch out. Plus the bow strapped to her back. These would be the only weapons she uses since she isn't a magic user and would keep potions tied to her chest or something along those lines. I think that it would be light enough since they're one handed and weigh little as is. Really the heaviest thing would be the bow that she only uses when more stealth is needed than a simple throat slice.

All in all it would be doable. It's like in the game really, the one handers are on the side and the bow is on the back with the arrow quiver. Are the style of the arrows important? If not I'll probably have her use ebony arrows, black works with black :P

That works. I mean, the Samurai did it, albeit one sword (the wakizashi) was a third (or so) smaller
than the other (the katana). Still that works, and it's kinda unique, so I approve.  :P And no, the style
or make of the arrow doesn't matter so much. Granted an iron arrow is most likely still going to be
considered inferior to basically anything else, but it comes down to the skill and care taken by the one
who made the arrow. (Old Archer's saying: "Any stick can be a bow, but a poorly-made arrow is just
another stick.") There might be some technicalities to consider, such as the weight of ebony, which
would affect the behavior of the arrow when fired, but those kinds of things can be compensated
for by the one wielding the bow. As you said, black works with black.  8-)

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on March 11, 2013, 06:16:11 PM
I would go for the two-handed axe swingin' Redguard. Well, any two-handed in general...would it work if he is an albino? Also, I am planning for him to be a tad bit stealthy. Imagine a guy wielding a two-handed weapon that is just as sneaky like an assassin and coming out of nowhere, chopping, bashing or slashing your body. Or would that be a bit unrealistic? Considering how heavy the weapons are. I do plan for him to be on the muscular side (which is a must when it comes to two-handed weapons). I will wait until the actual sheet. Unless I have missed something O.O

Using a two-handed weapon in a stealthy manner would be a little unwieldy, first of all requiring you
to have the weapon at-the-ready as you sneak up on your target. That said, I don't think employing
such a tactic would be impossible, especially if the character has some experience in using it.
It would come down to the character's strength as you mentioned already, and more often than not
the specific situation. You would need a good amount of room to move around with a two-handed
weapon after all, crouched or not. An albino character is fine, but I would encourage you to do a bit
of research on the disorder of albinism if you haven't already done so. There are health issues involved
with any congenital disorder after all. If your reason for making this guy albino is because you're
looking to have a lighter-skinned guy with the skills/stats/perks Redguards receive however you
might as well just pick a different race, since those kind of things have very little bearing on your
character here outside of the video games. Otherwise, an albino character should be really
interesting and unique, so go for it. ^^

On the subject of character sheets/profiles: I will be posting one soon. I'll either edit it into the bottom
of this post or it'll be in my next post. And like Gladiator said, don't worry --it will be pretty basic and
shouldn't take long to complete. After all, we don't have/need to mess with any number crunching or
do any dice rolling.

Gladiator0161

QuoteOn the subject of character sheets/profiles: I will be posting one soon. I'll either edit it into the bottom
of this post or it'll be in my next post. And like Gladiator said, don't worry --it will be pretty basic and
shouldn't take long to complete. After all, we don't have/need to mess with any number crunching or
do any dice rolling.

Yeah, when it comes to profile formats I like to keep it simple and then impress with the material in the profile.

Reason for that is because me and Asher were part of a Star Wars roleplay site that had everything almost in the profile format, and then they wanted everything explained, which is good in a way, but, it got very frustrating because you couldn't have any mysteries in their background.

Lemme put it this way, Elliquiy, as fun as it is, is kind of like Taco Bell (yum, lol). It's good, it's cheap, and you can get whatever you want for cheap. SWU was like fine dining where everything was expensive as hell, good once in a while but, in the end, for me anyway, it lacked something. It was hard to rp in but, once you got your order, everything was great because there were and still are, alot of great writers there. So, SWU was kind of like my schooling in the rp world, in which I feel I graduated from for hanging in there for...4, 5 years? I can't remember when I left, lol.

That's why I have as my motto SWU approved since...whatever the date was, lol.

Asher17

So folks, here's the character application form. For your convenience I'll be putting in a [/ code]
box beneath it so you can copy/paste it quickly and get crackin'! I will also use this post to put
up the profile for the characters I'll be writing. (Unless there's a character per post limit I'm not
aware of!) Also, please try to keep a very close eye on the meta-game here. In other words,
you might know things about each other's characters outside of the story, but that doesn't
mean your character in the story will know those things -- in fact it's quite likely they won't! C:)

Elder Scrolls: Stormfront Character Profile

Name: [Should be Elder Scrolls appropriate; first, middle, and last where applicable.
You can include nicknames here as well, and titles are fine, but please don't overdo it.]

Race: [Are ye Human? An Elf? Orc? A desert-dwellin' cat? Put 'er there.]

Class/Occupation: [If your character fits into a certain character class, you may include
as much here. While this won't mean much outside of the video games, it may give fellow
roleplayers a better idea of how your character operates in combat or other areas.]

Archetype: [Optional. If your character fits a certain literary archetype, you may include
that here. This site and/or this list both have good lists if this is something you'd like to
look into. This is kind of like an overall theme for your character.]

Alignment: [Optional. This isn't D&D, but an alignment descriptor can be useful in
helping others understand what kind of person your character is. If you wish to keep
your character's moral standings secret, you are free to do so!]

Age: [Unfortunately it seems there's no real answer to the question of what the
average lifespans of the races in Tamriel are. Further discussion on this point may
be necessary.]

Height: [Should be self-explanatory; feet and inches please, or provide conversion.]

Weight: [Pounds please, or provide conversion. This chart might help if you're unsure.]

Appearance: [Pics are fine, but please make sure they are not overly graphic, nudes, or too big.
The image you use must fit the Elder Scrolls universe. The best scenario would be to include a
short description along with the image, however this is not required. A written description is
however required if you do not wish to use a picture of some kind. Include basic things such as
hair and eye color, but also things like how they dress and carry themselves, wear their weapons,
and any other observable mannerisms that help define the character's visage.]

Personality: [A short description of your character's personality if you please. A list of adjectives
will suffice if you do not wish to put this into paragraph form. You may find this link worth your while.]

Biography: [Don't worry! A list or a few bullet points will suffice, as long as it gives us a general idea
of how your character's life has unfolded over the years since their birth. Try to include things that
explain where and how the character obtained their skills and items.]

Gear and Weaponry: [Optional. If you wish, you may list the items currently in your
character's possession, including things like food, potions, clothing, armor, and weapons. If you
choose not to list these things, please be aware that it will be necessary for you to reveal your
character's inventory during the roleplay, and this will be watched very closely. This is meant to
stop anyone from being able to "poof" items into their character's possession during the story.
Doing such is to be avoided at all costs. It's aggravating and makes the entire story very hard
to enjoy or take seriously at all, potentially cheapening the drama and combat within our tale.
If you're ever unsure about when and how to reveal an item that has been in your character's
inventory, please PM me about it before posting or put an OOC (out of character) note about
it in either the top or bottom of your post.]

[i][b]Name:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Race:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Class/Occupation:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Archetype:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Alignment:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Age:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Height:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Weight:[/b][/i]

[i][b]Appearance:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Personality:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Biography:[/b][/i]
[i][b]Gear and Weaponry:[/b][/i]

---------------------

Asher Half-Elven

Race: Bosmer / Breton
Class/Occupation: Rogue / Wanderer
Archetype: Guttersnipe / Reluctant Hero
Alignment: Neutral Good

Height: 5'10''
Weight: 160 lbs

Appearance:

Due to his elvish blood, Asher appears to be a good ten years younger than he really is, which has been
a mixed blessing for him. To combat this, Asher is in the habit of letting a bit of scruff grow out on his face
(which takes him about a week), and that's the way he likes it. On the other hand, when he needs to pass
himself off as being younger he simply takes a blade and shaves it off. Asher's handsome features mostly
take on his human side, lacking the sharp angular features common to Tamriel's Elven races for the most
part. Asher possesses dark blond, medium-length hair and blue-grey eyes that evoke thoughts of dark
skies and stormy seas. The young vagabond's hair is usually unkempt but has a certain natural symmetry,
which is good for him since it's pretty low on his list of priorities and he very rarely bothers to style it any
certain way --with one exception. Due to his uncertainty about his origins and the prejudice against half
breeds he has witnessed in his travels, Asher covers the slightly curved tips of his ears with his hair and
tries to avoid broadcasting his elvish traits, whether in action or conversation. Also, he frequently sports
hoods and scarves, which he became accustomed to wearing while in Elsweyr, and which also come in
handy in his current location in Skyrim. Though at one time Asher's skin held a bronzy glow, he has since
moved away from the desert's harsh sun and so has grown paler over the years.

Due to his unique history and status as a wanderer, Asher is very fit, possessing an athletic build that
is more muscular than most people would guess. The reason it is harder to tell is that as a former desert
dweller, Asher is in the habit of covering most of his skin, donning full length trousers and tunics with
sleeves that come down a few inches past the elbows if not all the way to the wrists. Asher prefers
neutral colors over vibrant ones, usually wearing white, grey, and various shades of brown. In addition,
the young traveler is fond of leather, owning sturdy knee-high boots, bracers that cover his forearms and
the backs of his hands, a thick belt with a large buckle and built in pouches, a single baldric, and a few
other pieces of armor he's gathered on his journeys.

[ This is how I picture Asher, with medieval clothing/armor swapped out for the modern apparel of course. ]

Personality:

Quiet and cautious, Asher was once an affable, bright-eyed child full of laughter and wonder. Due to
events in his life however, the young man has since learned to become a loner. Entrusting any facet of
his well-being to others has always ended badly, and as such Asher consistently tries to avoid situations
where he may become dependent on anyone other than himself, always endeavoring to be self-sufficient.

Biography:

--3E 453/4E 20: Asher was born in the city of Dune, Elsweyr to a Bosmer ranger called Aaronil Anwar
and a Breton bard named Lynn Avondale. They lived a fairly normal life, despite the lingering tension
between the Bosmer of Valenwood and the Khajiit of Elsweyr, due to the Five Years War which had
concluded some fifty-four years prior and seen the Khajiti forces to victory. Aaronil himself had taken
part in the tail-end of the conflict, helping to defend his countrymens' East-most settlements and
villages. Lynn was an adventurous songstress from the "Manmeri" kingdom of High Rock who had
grown bored of her posh life and ventured to Solitude, Skyrim to study at the famous Bards College
located there. From there she slowly worked her way South, traveling through Cyrodiil until she
found herself in Elsweyr. Her childhood friend and loyal companion -a beautiful Redguard woman
named Joslin- accompanied Lynn on her travels and took on the role of midwife and caretaker during
Asher's birth and early childhood.

--3E 397/4E 29: Nine years later the Thalmor of the Aldmeri Dominion began a campaign to take
Valenwood. Under Imperial protection, the Bosmer were caught completely off guard, and the Thalmor
quickly snatched up several islands off the West coast of the mainland. The conflict was named the
War of the Blue Divide. The High Elf armies rapidly engulfed the Bosmeri territories, and Aaronil was
called back to service by the Camoran Dynasty to help defend Falinesti, the Wood Elves' capitol city.
Driven by duty, honor, and the desire to rid his homeland of the Aldmeri forces, Aaronil returned to
Valenwood. Lynn couldn't bear to leave her husband to possibly die, and so she entrusted her son
into Joslin's care and went after him, hoping to use her healing abilities to keep Aaronil alive so their
family could one day reunite. Fate would not be so kind.

--3E 404/4E 36: Seven years later, Asher (now sixteen) was living in city called Calmora in Western
Elsweyr. Having escaped the horrid conditions of the orphanage years before, Asher was on his own,
surviving thanks to the thievery skills he had developed over the past seven years. When he and Joslin
had fled from the incoming Aldmeri invasion, they had made it as far as Orcest. The populace there
(mostly Orcs) were none too thrilled to receive refugees, but the gates remained open nonetheless.
Shortly after arriving however, Joslin was assaulted by a drunken Orc, passing away from her injuries
due to her already weakened state. She had taken ill days prior, and putting the boy's health above her
own, had eaten very little since their arrival. Having witnessed his friend and caretaker's murder, little
Asher fled Orcest that night, taking with him only the traveler's packs he and Joslin had arrived with.

The two packs had been quite burdensome for the young lad to carry, and more than once he had ended
up dragging them across the sand, but they contained items that had belonged to his parents, and so he
was determined not to leave them behind. Some time past midday on his second day (when the unforgiving
sun was still at its highest) the young half-elf collapsed, exhausted from the heat and physical toils of
traversing the desert, on top of the emotional turmoil he'd endured. A passerby corsair called Vaughn who
had just recently been shipwrecked discovered the boy and carried him on to Calmora, which was another
day's travel West. Asher was in poor condition at this point, and the corsair wisely left him in the care of
the healers at Calmora's Temple of Mara. From there, the boy had ended up at the orphanage. It hadn't
taken long for the local underworld element to draw the lad in once he escaped from there, and by his
fourteenth birthday he'd been recruited into the Thieves' Guild, the chapterhouse serving as his home
for the next three years.

--3E 405/4E 37: During Asher's eighth year in Calmora a merchant unknowingly brought a powerful
necromantic artifact into the city, which was subsequently appropriated by the Thieves' Guild, specifically
by none other than Asher himself. 

Gear and Weaponry:

--Clothing:
-Hooded Tunic
       [Padded]
-Desert Scarf
-Cloth Trousers
-Foot Wrappings

--Leather Armor:
-Battle Harness
-Shoulder Pauldron
-Custom Baldric
-Custom Bracers
-Custom Belt
-Custom Chausses
-Elven Boots

--Aaronil's Ring
--Avondale Amulet
--Curved Elven Dagger
--Twin Anwar Scimitars
      [Ancestral / Elven]
--Anwar Recurve Shortbow
       [Summoned]
--Elven Quiver (Arrows x50)
       [Summoned]

---------------------

Rune

Full Name: Rhajiid J'Ratha
Race: Khajiit
Class/Occupation: Mageclaw / Arch-Mage
Archetype: Scholar / Healer
Alignment: Lawful Good

Height: 6'0''
Weight: 165 lbs

Appearance:

Rune is handsome in appearance (by Khajiti standards at least), always keeping himself (and everything
around him, if he can help it) neat and orderly. He has a nearly flawless ash-grey coat of fur, with a white
underbelly. His striking powder blue eyes hold the glimmer of a formidable and inquisitive intellect. Along
with his general demeanor, the Khajiit maintains a lean athletic build and impeccable posture, keeping his
back straight, shoulders back, and feet about five or six inches apart. Rune also has a habit of clasping his
hands behind his back, giving him an air of formality that befits his academic nature. The Arch-Mages robes
are long and flowing, more befitting of a consul than a warrior. He does however equip himself with a small
chest plate of mithral weave, as well as a pair of bracers and a pair of boots of similar make to supplement
his defense during confrontations requiring more than diplomacy or a strongly-worded letter. The chest plate
includes a collar that protects his neck from attack by blade, and a customized belt with a built-in armored
plate (fauld) that covers his lower abdomen and groin serves the same purpose.

Personality:

Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

--Arch-Mage's Robes
--Khajiti Longknife

[TO BE CONTINUED]

kingmaster1

Name:Minella Alexandra Valarius

Class: Thief/Assassin

Race: Human, Imperial

Archetype: The Moon -- The Moon is the light of this realm - the world of shadow and night. Although this place is awesome, it does not have to be frightening. In the right circumstances, the Moon inspires and enchants. It holds out the promise that all one can imagine can be obtained. The Moon guides one to the unknown so one can allow the unusual into one's life.

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 150

Appearance: Minella has long, black hair, reaching her shoulders. Though, due to her nightingale mask, it is often covered much like her face. Her eyes are a deep green color. She carries a scar that goes down the side of her right cheek, ending at her chin that has healed up mostly, but of course is a noticeable scar. She has a toned body, more fit for sneaking than for direct combat as she is light and mostly skinny. The one thing she wishes she could change is her overly large rump, that can be a touchy subject for her and the light of a short fuse. For an Imperial she has rather dark skin, rivaling that of a redguard but it is really a deep tan. She keeps her face clear of any paints or things that she will dub unnecessary for her line of work. Her chest is a simple B-cup, not complimented well by her armor which is skin tight and makes them look bigger than they are. If she isn't wearing her nightingale armor, which is rarely, she enjoys dressing in tavern keeper clothes that she stole from someone in Markarth. It fits well and is perfect for when she wants to look feminine. She is self confident, sometimes rivaling over confident but she learned not to overestimate herself or others, though she will slip sometimes. She generally tries to be nice to people she knows but isn't very open to strangers, who she can't tell are spies or not.

Personality:
Kind
Generally caring
Takes time for her to trust anyone
Will defend the thieves guild and her lord Nocturnal by any means
Respects those she dubs worthy of it
Doesn't tolerate perverts
Bi sexual
More defending of women than men
Very sensitive about the size of her posterior (which is 40 inches all around)

Biography:
Minella's father was involved in the invasion of Dagon, though he played no sugnificant role he proudly fought with the men in Cyrodiil and lived to tell the tale. After that her parents wanted to raise their daughter, who wasn't born yet, in a safer area. They moved from Cyrodiil to Solitude in Skyrim and lived there until she was twelve. She enjoyed running around with the other boys and girls but almost always came home with a guard behind her because she stole an apple from one of the market stalls. Her parents didn't like it, but never really went against her doing it. When she was fifteen her father revealed that he'd been a thieves guild member for a number of years but retired when he hit his jackpot, which was enough for the family to live on the rest of their lives.

Her father taught her everything she knows now about stealing and stealth, she was a natural. When she turned twenty he told her about the thieves guild settled in Riften and, promising to do her very best for him, went off to join them. She was accepted quickly with her natural gifts and was soon indocterned into their ranks. Her abilities and loyalty to the guild got her favor from lady Nocturnal and was inducted into the nightingales as well, being given all of the powers entailed to this title.

She now runs jobs for the thieves guild and has dreams of one day being the guild master for the Riften chapter and bringing the guild into its golden era, wanting nothing more than to make her father and the guild proud of what she can do.

Gear and Weaponry:
1. nightingale blade
2. glass sword (frost enchantment)
3. nightingale bow
4. potions of health (5)
5. potions of strength (4)
6. Ebony arrows (50)
7. potion of invisibility
8. Black-briar mead (5)
9. Nightingale armor (full)
10. Ebony dagger

Here's my girl ;D

Grr....there's all of it now. Lucky for you I enjoy making her character :P

Asher17

There's been more added to the character profile fill-out sheet thingamabob. Sorry man! I really do
apologize, I wanted to be extra sure I wouldn't lose the post so I went ahead and put it up even
though it wasn't complete.  :-X I also forgot to add "Race" into the beginning of it! xD Whoops...
(I really like your character's name by the way kingmaster! o:)

kingmaster1

There we go :P

I edited it in the original.

Asher17

Yay! I'm glad I didn't cause you any problems with my disorganization. xD

EvilMegaCookie

I will be making the sheet once I get home. I was thinking of maybe making up for the lack of UV-protection by certain magical cloaks? He will be lightly armored so that he can swing his weapon around easier and highly resistant to fire. The red eyes would be a nice touch. But the reduced vision might be troublesome to deal with. But that is why we have glasses! I think that might make up for it. Hopefully.

Hunter Phoenix

Wow you guys have been busy lol, when I have more time and less work to do I should be good to get a character post written up. Uni is being a bit of a bitch right now and deadlines are looming >.<

EvilMegaCookie

I will have to delay it for a bit as I got struck with fever. I will be able to write tomorrow though, as I have rested a bit more by then.

Asher17

Quote from: Hunter Phoenix on March 12, 2013, 04:39:59 AM
Wow you guys have been busy lol, when I have more time and less work to do I should be good to get a character post written up. Uni is being a bit of a bitch right now and deadlines are looming >.<

I look forward to it Hunter my man. Good luck with the whole education and deadlines thing. o:

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on March 12, 2013, 03:33:03 PM
I will have to delay it for a bit as I got struck with fever. I will be able to write tomorrow though, as I have rested a bit more by then.

No problem dude, we're not quite ready to get started yet anyway. Feel better! ~

Gladiator0161

Ok, time I got started putting up my profiles, lol. Feeling good today but, that could be because I got to sleep in until 12:30 in the afternoon, which I hardly ever do. Latest I usually sleep in is about 10 or 11 but man it felt good! xD

Name: Brathus Alanil - NPC

Race: Dark Elf/Dunmer
Class: Rogue
Archetype:
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 175 lbs

Appearance: Brathus is handsome even by Elf standards, his cool light grey skin, silvery white hair, white eyebrows and blue eyes give him a fair, even fragile appearance, and stands in stark contrast to a lot of his race, especially because of how young he is. He maintains a lithe muscularity, allowing him to make full use of his Elven agility and speed. He usually dresses very well, taking full advantage of his wealthy roots, dressing in high quality silks, and his traveling gear is not exempt in this, as he takes very good care of it. He wears light armor when traveling and uses a sword and dagger combo in combat. He also has use of his inherited Elven magical abilities and is able to summon an Ancestral Wraith, encase himself in a fiery cloak, and uses Destruction Magic, all of which make him a deadly opponent. Equally deadly however, is his intelligence which those that have underestimated him have come to regret, since, his father is Guild Master of the Thieves Guild, and his mother is the current Listener of the Dark Brotherhood.   

Personality:

Because of his wealthy upbringing, the skills he's acquired through years of training, his inherent magical abilities, his political power, and the recent success of revitalizing the Blackwood Company he tends to be quite cocky and expects to get his way. The sad thing is, he usually does one way or another. If it wasn't his appreciation for the rigorous training, and his willingness to work hard to get what he wants, he truly would be a spoiled brat like how most people see him. He's often arrogant, and quick to anger despite his talent in speech, whether it be used for negotiating politics, encouraging his men, or handing out orders.

Whether he has a "silver tongue" or "forked tongue" often depends on how difficult others make things for him. He's often been heard saying that men in his position don't have problems but, nothing could be further from the truth. Because of his malicious nature, he views most of his men as pawns on a chess board, though he does care for his four generals, who have been long time friends of his. The game of chess, though rare, is one of his favorite games, and he tends to compare those in power to game pieces to be used at his disposal. He craves knowledge like a street beggar craves food, and it is perhaps his biggest weakness of all, as he will go to sometimes unimaginable lengths to verify any rumors that have been spread, the goal being that it will lead him to further riches and glory.

All of this however, is just a pretense as his secret desire is to be rid of the threat that his parents have proven to be. Often times, when his parents have visited him, it is to warn him to stay away from a specific person, or area, lest he encroach on their territory and if their visit doesn't center around a warning, then they have a task for him to complete to further their own ends, which often ends with him taking any number of amount of lives to complete his goal, a fact which disgusts him to no end as he enjoys the battles of the mind, and the challenge that politics present. His true goal is to one day be a Senator, or a Jarl, but, he knows that he can never complete this goal as long as his parents live, for they keep him ever in their grasp, and on a extremely short leash. As such, he plays "roles" and wears "masks" to cover his true feelings but, make no mistake, he is not above killing to further his own goals, ironically much like his parents.

Biography:

* Brathus is born in Marrowind.

* 5 years later Brathus starts his schooling. Father plays hide and seek with son, training him how to sneak.

* 1 year later Brathus begins his training in Destruction, Illusion, and Alteration magics, which is supervised by both his parents. Tensions between parents are high. Sneak training proceeds.

* 1 year later Brathus begins his swordsman training, starting with daggers at the age of 7, which is supervised by his father. Father and son grow closer. Sneak training proceeds.

* 1 year later Brathus is switched to advanced classes for his general schooling, his parents feeling that general schooling being too easy for their son. Brathus readily agrees. The young Alanil improves steadily in his spell casting training. At the end of the year Brathus is an honor's student. Father and son grow closer, while the mother grows distant. Brathus improves in his Sneak training marginally.

* 1 year later Brathus is still an honor's student in the advanced classes, has won his first fight but, lost the second fight, and his parents decide that private schooling is in order. Brathus has a hard time with this because of the friends he's made but, is helpless to do anything. Father and son grow closer, mother tries to interfere in their relationship via the private schooling. Brathus improves in his Sneak training but, begins to question the use of it. His father tells him that it is to help him survive without them, should something happen.

* 3 months later Brathus is enrolled in a private school at the age of 10. His training in Destruction, Alteration, and Illusion magic still goes well, and the schools of Conjuration and Restoration are added. Brathus finds it more difficult than the others, as it requires a solid will to conjure any other worldly being, and "unlearning" destruction magic.  Father is missed as Guild business grows, mother and son reluctantly grow closer. Brathus begins to wonder what his parents jobs are. Parents are elusive.

* 2 years later Brathus first attempt at summoning a lesser Daedra is almost his last, when he lets his fear of the Dremora override his will. Luckily, his Mother intervenes, giving the teacher enough time to gather the strength to banish it back to Oblivion. His training in daggers is almost complete by this time, and longsword training is introduced. Father is back from Guild business much to the disappointment of his wife, as it is her belief that young Brathus is beginning to warm to her, and she to him. Brathus still prefers his father. Mother grows cold out of jealousy and anger. Parents argue. Brathus learns his father is the head of the Thieves Guild, and that his mother is the Listener for the Dark Brotherhood. Brathus doesn't understand and begins questioning his private teacher. Teacher is elusive. Brathus asks parents. Parents are elusive. Mother is disapproving of Brathus questioning them, and his "sneak training". Father promises to tell him when he's a little older. Teacher goes "missing". Brathus' sneak training improves.

* 2 years later their family moves to Cyrodiil's Imperial City, and Brathus learns what it is his father and mother actually do at the age of 14, through his father. Brathus connects the dots and is mortified. Mother begins to show her true self, and deals "harshly" with Brathus for keeping in contact with his old school friends behind her back through letters, while his father is restrained and forced to watch. Parents argue and draw blades on each other. Brathus interferes impressing both parents.

* 10 years later Brathus now understands his parents role in the world, as well as his parents vision for him in their worlds. He is now a competent duelist, and has adopted his dagger and longsword fighting style. His training in Destruction, Alteration, Illusion, and Conjuration magic is complete, and he is told to advance any further in these areas he will need to attend the Arcane University. Brathus rejects that idea much to the disappointment of his father, and the admiration of his mother, and instead decides to forge his own destiny and learn what he can about running a guild.   

* Brathus joins the Arena at the age of 25.

* Brathus joins the Mages' and Fighters Guilds at the age of 26.

* Brathus learns all he feels he needs to about politics, and running a business at the age of 27. Contact with an old friend, Lurz, an Orc is established.

* 3E 360- 50 years later Brathus is now 77 years old, and his skill with the sword and dagger technique is famous, his rank within the Guilds increases, he is a reputable spell caster, and he now works for his parents, while still trying to maintain a clean reputation. Lurz and Brathus grow really close. Contact with old school friends is established, and their friendships grow. Brathus creates the "Four Swordsmen Mercenary group" and they travel around Tamriel gaining glory and a good reputation. Eventually Brathus leaves the Mages Guild, and he focuses on securing a base of operations for his mercenary group, now renamed "The Four Swordsmen" by the public, and now operates out of Cheydinhal. The Four Swordsmen expands to accept other warriors, tensions arise with the Fighters Guild. Four Swordsmen ally themselves with the Fighters Guild publicly.

* 13 years later Brathus and his 4 friends are run out of The 4 Swordsman during a coupe. Brathus and friends leave Cheydinhal, and travel to Bravil.

* 1 week later everyone in The 4 Swordsman Guild are killed but, no bodies are recovered. The house they operated out of his dubbed "haunted" and left abandoned. Brathus and his friends wander Tamriel in search of adventure.

* 20 years later Brathus comes back to Cyrodiil and the Blackwood Company attracts his attention, headed by a Kahjiit by the name of Ri'Zakar. Brathus keeps and eye on their progress and activities, through local papers, former employers, eye witnesses, other guild contacts, and occasionally through friends of friends. Brathus and friends continue to take quests from the Fighters Guild, and whoever has enough coin to hire them.

* 50 years later 3E 433. The Oblivion Crisis begins and ends with the death of Martin Septim, the last of the Dragonking Emperors, and the disbandment of the Blackwood Company. Brathus talks to his friends about reestablishing the Blackwood Company, and begin preparation work to that end.

* 4E Year 1 Brathus recreates the Blackwood Company and leaves the Fighters Guild. His 3 friends follow suit and he makes them Lieutenants within the guild. Campaigning for recruitment begins. Within the first year they attract over 40 people with their new recruitment rules and processes, most of whom were at one time criminals, bandits. Some from the Dark Brotherhood and the Thieves Guild have joined as well, to keep tabs on him for his parents, though Brathus pretended to feign ignorance. Tensions between the Fighters Guild and the Blackwood Company arise again and Brathus makes it clear that they will be taking on jobs too "unsavory" or "too risky" for the Fighters Guild to handle, and the rivalry between the Fighters Guild and Blackwood Company begins anew.

* 4E Year 50- Brathus has been running the Blackwood Company for 49 years now, and though how he accepts a contract is not to his liking, as his parents tell him what contracts to disregard, as it could step on the toes of either the Dark Brotherhood, or the Thieves Guild, he has done amazingly with his limitations. The Blackwood Company is thriving, despite his mother's continued hostility toward him, as the Blackwood Company has been known to take assassination jobs. A fact which greatly amuses Brathus, as the Blackwood Company has become powerful enough to protect itself now, and the fact that Brathus as people loyal to him in the Dark Brotherhood. That doesn't mean that his mother doesn't see the benefit of murdering a few of his men and sending him body parts from time to time, just to keep him in line. Whether his mother knows of the men loyal to him in her "family" is uncertain.

Relations with his father, who is still head of the Thieves Guild currently, have only improved as Brathus provides yet another place for his father's fences to reside, as well as security for any number of valuables that come through Blackwood Company territories. Ofcourse, Brathus and the Company get a portion of the loot too for services rendered. Lately some disturbing rumors have come up, and Brathus has been summoned to The College of Winterhold in Skyrim for a "meeting of the ages", as all Guild Masters are invited to meet to discuss the situation. He has already received word that the Fighters Guild has been ordered by the Imperials to attend the meeting, and since the Blackwood Company is also concerned with public safety, lead to further profits, and further their reputation, Brathus has accepted the invitation and now travels with two of his friends to Winterhold...

Gear and Weaponry:

Hooded Travelers cloak, customized leather armor, leather boots of feather, leather gauntlets of the swordsman, sleeping bag, Ebony Longsword, Daedric dagger, water pouch, leather backpack: (2) healing potions (10), magic potions (10), potions of cure disease (10), spark rock, sharpening rock, torches (10), charred cloth, and one blanket. Black Stallion (1) - "Myrkr" which when translated simply means "dark".

Name: Skjoldr Bear-Claw -NPC

Race: Nord/Werewolf
Class: Warrior
Archetype:
Alignment: Nuetral Good

Height: 6'4
Weight: 240 lbs

Appearance:

Skjoldr is known to be a fierce warrior, and his appearance certainly confirms this. An eye patch covers what remains of his left eye, where a long jagged scar can be seen that starts at the top of his forehead and ends at his left cheek. A nordic tattoo covers his right cheek, and even there there is a scar, though it is smaller and less noticeable as his long black hair, and thickly trimmed beard make it harder to discern. Often he is said to have a "wild" look in his eye, as that of an animal, and some say more specifically that of a wolf when he is angry, or in the midst of a battle, making him very intimidating. Very few outside of the "Circle" of Companions know of his true heritage though, that he is actually a Werewolf. Skjoldr is one of the few Companions to have a familial lineage in the Companions, as his deceased father was one as well, and as such he wears the Wolf Armor of the Companions anytime he is in Jorrvaskr, the Companion's mead hall, or traveling. His weapon of choice is a Skyforge Steel Claymore but, he has no back up weapon, preferring to rely on his fists and brute strength should he need to.

Personality:

Approachable, kind, generous, self sacrificing, fierce, proud, loyal, and honorable are among the qualities that best describe Skjoldr Bear-Claw.
Skjoldr, like any true Nord, likes to swap tales of adventure and his "conquests of women" over a stout drink, but in conversation other than on those two subjects though, he tends to be straight to the point if he doesn't know you well. Also like many Nords though, he has a dislike for Elves, especially High Elves or Altmer, as they were usually the cause of trouble and wars in the past, not to mention that most of them arrogant in his eyes. Actions rather than words also tend to impress him more than anything, as his warrior lifestyle demands. As a friend you could ask for no one finer, as he would jump into the realm of Oblivion alone if need be to help, or defend a friend. Loyalty is also one of the qualities that he holds in high regard, and displays to friends and his fellow Companions.

He views the Companions as his family, and as such takes great pains to make sure that their home is cared for financially, and in it's upkeep, though doing math isn't one of his strong points, and paperwork in general tends to annoy him. He's often been quoted as saying that he'd "rather take on a Giant, or a Mammoth, or a whole mountain of Bandits, rather than be stuck at his desk going over a mountain of paperwork." As such, he makes sure to get whatever paperwork he does have done, so that he can enjoy his friends company, his mead, and any adventures that crop up.

Politics are another thing he feels that is just best to be avoided, as it tends to just get in the way of most things in his opinion. "I'd sooner cut down squabbling Jarls rather than listen to'em squabble about gods knows what" he's also been known to say, though only to the closest of his friends. He does recognize that politics have a place in the world, to ensure peace in the world but, once you stray out of that area, he finds it useless. His knowledge of tactics taught to him by his father, is one of the many reasons that the previous Harbinger passed the role onto him. His love of the Companions, and his friends outweighs any loyalty he has to the land, or any Jarl for that matter, and he would willingly sacrifice himself in order to protect even one of his fellow Companions. To him, The Companions, family, and friends come first and everything else is secondary at best.

Biography:

Skjoldr was born to Haalfigyr Bear-Claw and his wife Anya in Windhelm. The Bear-Claw clan was one of the more well known clans of Skyrim for their warriors, and because that this clan could trace their descendants all the way back to Ysgramor's time. As such they were heavily involved with the Companions. Skjoldr's father was also a Companion and trained him early in life on how to fight, first starting with unarmed combat training, starting at the young age of 5. By the time he was in his teens he was already going out with his father to hunt, and learning how to shoot a bow, fish, set traps, sneak, how to ambush animals, and began learning the ways of the sword. During this time he became especially close to the Harbinger, who loved telling stories to any that would listen. Skjoldr loved hearing the recounting of Ysgramor and his men, and tried to commit as much as he could to memory, all the while training with the more experienced Companions in the ways of the sword. His skills in these areas increased over the years and by the time he was in his early 20's, his parents trusted him enough to let him hunt on his own, also by this time he was accompanying some of the Companions on adventures and quests, and was even entrusted to handle smaller jobs on his own, like traveling to a city to rough someone up so that they'd fulfill their responsibilites.

Skjoldr was alot like his mother at this time, never stopping, and always busy with something, whether it was training with Companion members to increase his sword, and unarmed skills, or helping the Whiterun guard in keeping the streets safe from bandits, or predatory animals. However, he got his brute mannerisms, and straight shooting speech from his father, something that got him into trouble at times, especially when he went to the local Inn for a drink. The Companions tried to teach him how to interact with nobles, civilians, how to act as a team member when in a squad, and how to treat bandits when he came across them on the road. Most importantly of all though, he was taught to respect life, in all it's forms. Unfortunately though, he was already prejudiced against magic, magic users, and Elves, because of everything that he'd heard about both groups from his friends, and the general populace of Skyrim. Eventually though, his prejudice against Elves would dissipate, as would his prejudice against magic, and those that used it but, this wouldn't be until he'd lost his right eye to an Orc raider fifteen years later, and Braeyawiin, an archer, and a female Wood Elf that was part of the Companions helped stop the bleeding with magic.

By the time he was in his mid-twenties, he was beginning to shine as a swordsman, and to further challenge himself began learning how to wield Claymores, since he always liked the weapons, and admired how tough and strong the men, and women, that used them often were. During this time, he also began to be put into smaller groups of younger Companions and sent on tougher missions. His father then thought it time that he taught his son some basic tactics, and strategies for when planning an assault on a fort, should the need ever arise. Skjoldr took in everything that anybody taught him to heart, for he wanted to be an honorable warrior, like his father, and to be remembered in songs like the Companions of old were.

His 30's began to get a little more exciting, for he was then entrusted with leading others on missions, and handling tougher quests by himself, things like clearing a road of dangerous beasts, killing a particularly troublesome Giant, escorting a caravan of merchants to the next city over, clearing a cave of wizards that were causing trouble, or rescuing someone from a fort filled with bandits. Ofcourse by this time, he was well versed in sword techniques, and proficient in handling a Claymore. He also went out on his own more often, into the wild to survive on his own with the knowledge that his father passed onto him. Though alot of the missions were similar in description, every one of them was different in some way, so he never got tired of his life, or wanted to do anything else.

When he turned 35, things started to take a downward turn, starting with a mission to escort a merchant caravan from Riften to Falkreath. During the trip, the caravan came under attack by a bandit raiding party, the leader, an Orc, managed to take out Skjoldr's right eye before Braeyawiin, the merchant caravan's archer put an arrow through the Orc leader's head. Skjoldr was bleeding badly, and they were in the middle of no where, between the expanse of land between Riften and Windhelm, and a storm was on the way. Skjoldr resisted at first but, finally allowed Brae to stop the bleeding with her magic. Skjoldr insisted they continue on after that, refusing to turn towards Kynesgrove to seek out a better magic user to tend to Skjoldr's eye, and because of that choice, lost the use of his eye in the process. Shortly after, he fell sick in a storm, and again magic had to be used on him to keep him alive. He adjusted his views on magic and Elves after that, realizing that not all Elves were evil, and not all magic users were obsessed with power. Finally, after a month, they arrived at Falkreath where they parted ways. Skjoldr boarded a wagon and headed back home to Whiterun.

Two days after his arrival back in Whiterun, the Harbinger of the Companions died, but, not before naming his successor. Skjoldr. The young Nord had no schooling for the job, and quickly learned to hate paperwork but, he gradually began to understand how things worked with the help of his parents, and some of the older brothers and sisters of the Companions. A year later, he felt competent in his role as Harbinger but, still relief heavily on those more experienced than himself, showing great maturity and humility, thus earning the respect due the Harbinger. Two weeks later, his parents died, his father died on a hunting expedition, killed by a Sabre Cat, and his mother dying from both sickness and heartbreak. It was then that he saw how unified the Companions were, and that they truly were a family.

Ten years later he still retains the rank of Harbinger, and has managed to hold his head above water while navigating the currents of book keeping, accounting, and politics when necessary, though he tries to keep out of politics as much as he can. A rumor has been circulating in Skyrim, that something terrible has been wiping out whole villages in a night, although on what this terrible thing is no one is quite sure, and opinions vary as much as the imagination of those asked. His interest in this rumor was naturally piqued, and he saw possible glory for the Companions in undertaking a quest to see if the rumors were true but, it was the letter from Cyrodiil's Emperor and the words of the Jarl of Whiterun that finally convinced him to make travel preparations to Winterhold to attend a meeting of the Guilds. Seeing no reason to delay any further, he mounted Brymja and rode to Winterhold, after choosing a experienced Companion member by the name of Galamar, to see to the eventual quest, as he was unfortunately still needed back in Whiterun. Currently, he and Galamar are waiting in Winterhold's Inn until the meeting starts.

Gear and Weaponry:

Skyforge Steel Claymore, Skyforge Steel Longsword, Skyforge Steel Dagger (2), Wolf Armor (complete set), traveling cloak, water pouch, sleeping bag, spark rock, sharpening stone, charred cloth, torches (5), healing potion (6), cure disease potion (3), and restore stamina potion (6). White Stallion (1)- "Brymjafotr" which when translated means "Thunder foot". He calls his horse Brymja for short.

Name: Illindale Folvyn

Class: Ranger
Archetype:
Alignment:

Height: 60
Weight: 260 lbs

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

Name: Denna Talondale

Race: half Nord half High Elf (Altmer)
Archetype:
Alignment:

Height:
Weight:

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

Name: Orok Logarl

Race: Orc/Orsimer
Archetype:
Alignment:

Height:
Weight:

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

Name: Galamar the Wanderer

Race: Nord/Werewolf
Archetype:
Alignment:

Height:
Weight:

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

Name: Zurik Theldyn

Class: Mage
Archetype:
Alignment:

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 200 lbs

Appearance:

Personality:

Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

Hunter Phoenix

(I'll keep adding to this as I go along)

Name: Hunter Phoenix

Race: Human

Class: Mage

Alignment: I'm going to go with Chaotic Good in terms of his alignment, purely because he is generally a good guy, but he will do anything and everything it takes to complete something once he sets out to do finish it, often resulting in a pile of bodies and lots of fire behind him.

Height: 6ft 0inches

Weight: 252lb

Appearance: Standing at 6ft tall, Hunter is by no means a small person, he is athletic and nimble on his feet. Wearing the standard robes of the Mages Guild, he looks like a Golem in clothes. Shoulder length black hair and blue eyes are the main features that people notice when they see his face. Strong weathered hands are used for crafting magical items and casting spells.

Personality: [A short description of your character's personality if you please. A list of adjectives
will suffice if you do not wish to put this into paragraph form. You may find this link worth your while.]

Biography: [Don't worry! A list or a few bullet points will suffice, as long as it gives us a general idea
of how your character's life has unfolded over the years since their birth. Try to include things that
explain where and how the character obtained their skills and items.]

Gear and Weaponry: [Optional. If you wish, you may list the items currently in your
character's possession, including things like food, potions, clothing, armor, and weapons. If you
choose not to list these things, please be aware that it will be necessary for you to reveal your
character's inventory during the roleplay, and this will be watched very closely. This is meant to
stop anyone from being able to "poof" items into their character's possession during the story.
Doing such is to be avoided at all costs. It's aggravating and makes the entire story very hard
to enjoy or take seriously at all, potentially cheapening the drama and combat within our tale.
If you're ever unsure about when and how to reveal an item that has been in your character's
inventory, please PM me about it before posting or put an OOC (out of character) note about
it in either the top or bottom of your post.]

EvilMegaCookie

Name: ''Whiteguard''

Race: Redguard

Class: Barbarian

Archetype: [Optional. If your character fits a certain literary archetype, you may include
that here. This site and/or this list both have good lists if this is something you'd like to
look into. This is kind of like an overall theme for your character.]

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Height: 6 feet, 2 inches. (190cm)

Weight: 250 pounds

Appearance: There is a reason he is known as ''Whiteguard''. Due to his extremely pale skin (he is an albino), he is often referred to as by his fellow countrymen as ''Whiteguard'' or more rarely as ''Snowguard''. (They find him to be very alike the color of snow, hence the nickname.) His black hair shows a sharp contrast to his skin, the color of obsidian, the same goes for his eyes. He often keeps his hair slicked back. He is covered in scars due to him having often been to the arena. Due to his poor eyesight, he often wears glasses, which gives him a somewhat frail appearance to those that sees him for the first time. However, beneath his frail appearance lies a thick mass of muscles.

Personality: Having been bullied by his fellow countrymen and often met with predjuice, Chrem is quite the cynical man, expecting everyone to have an ultierior motive to what they do. He views everyone with suspicion and keeps a fair distance from them until they have proven to be trustworthy in his eyes. He enjoys a glass of wine but also enjoys being in the heat of battle. He states the facts and doesn't let his feelings get in the way. Being the matter-of-fact man he is, he does display emotions at times, but only when drunk or with someone he really, REALLY trusts. He is quite greedy when it comes to money.

When going to battle, he will often use any means necessary, be it kicking the opponent in the groin or throwing sand into their eyes; anything goes as long as he wins.
Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

Steel Battleaxe (Frost Enchanted)
Leather Armor
Leather Boots
Leather Bracers
Fur Gauntlets
Leather Helmet
Damage Poison (5)

I will update this tomorrow. If you don't mind. >_< Hmmm....I am trying to decide between light or heavy armor...light armor should provide for easier maneuverability and movement speed but it would make me a lot more vulnerable towards damage. Then again, I can probably lop their heads off with my trusty two-handed axe...as soon as I have decided on one >.<

kingmaster1

*twiddles thumbs and starts whittling*

Gladiator0161

Sorry guys, I'll get the rest of my stuff up this weekend and then we can finally start. Been dealing with financial problems and deciding how to deal with a certain family member that says one thing and then just doesn't do anything... ugh -.- ;

kingmaster1

Ah, don't worry about it, man. Let things calm down for you so you can put your head in the game, either way I think we are all excited for this :-)

Gladiator0161

Thanks man, I'll be sure to make it worth the wait :)

Aadreal

So hi.  I have agreed to run a NPC for Gladiator so here she is.  Please forgive any errors, I do not know the ES universe other than watching my ex play through Oblivion. 

Name: Medora Alawaen – NPC

Race: Altmer (high elf)

Class: Fighter/Guild Master

Archetype: Recurring Mentor

Alignment: Medora has a strong personal code that she tries to follow.  However should this code interfere with the well being of her Guild she will hold her nose and do what must be done.  She does not hold others to her code, however she does expect those within the Fighter's Guild, or at the very least her lieutenants to keep their word whenever possible.  Medora holds oaths to be very important and thus will not give an oath or a promise lightly.

Height: Standing at six foot, seven inches, Medora towers over all but the tallest of her recruits.  Her quiet confidence often makes her seem even taller.

Weight: While her people are known for the slight builds, a lifetime on the fields of battle have added some degree of muscle to Medora's frame.  Still abnormally thin for her height, the elf weighs in at 175 in stocking feet.

Appearance:  Her golden skin is marred by scars and freckles from a lifetime in the wilds.  A scar long healed crosses the corner of her mouth, the result of stepping in between a pair of brawling drunks. Otherwise her face is mainly unmarred, few able to reach that high.  As with all of her kind, her elongated ears are usually the first thing noticed.

Medora's flame red hair falls to just below her shoulders, worn loose yet held back by several warrior's braids.  Arched brows that often rise in a questioning quirk frame her almond shaped eyes.  Golden with a ring of deep green orbs peek out beneath the thick, dark lashes.  More fit for a courtier than a warrior. 

Long, lean muscle strengthens her slight frame.  Body toned from decades forging herself into a living weapon.  Favoring the clothing of men, Medora has not been spotted in a dress in over a century.  This has often led to some confusion, the lack of feminine curves leading many to assume she is a effeminate male.  Even when out of her armor, the Guild Master wears some protection.  Her daily wear is dark brown or black trousers tucked into high boots and a dark padded leather jerkin over a long tunic.  In battle she favors hardened leather and padding.  Allowing her to move quickly.

Personality: Arrogant.  Cold.  Aloof.  Cynical.  Shrewd.  All of these have been used to describe the Fighter's Guild Master. While at times any and all of them could apply, she is more than that.  Medora is headstrong and uncompromising when it comes to what she wants.  Taking on any challenge with gusto and verve.  It was this that allowed her to train in arms when her people chided her.  Allowed her to excel in the training fields against the heavier and muscled men.  Rose her through the ranks of the Fighter's Guild until she became their Guild Master. 

However she does not simply sit upon her laurels and relax.  It is not uncommon to hear her say “Death will be coming for me, only then shall I rest.”  Despite or perhaps because of the long life span of her kind, Medora finds the need to be in constant motion, to be doing something.  Whether it be blade to blade sparring or pouring over the ledgers to ensure the guild remains profitable, it is rare to find her still.  Should by some miracle she be seated and still, her foot or her fingers will tap out a staccato rhythm, growing louder the longer she is forced to remain seated.   

While she abhors politics she does understand the dance of them, moving through the steps with barely restrained grace only so long as it suits her designs.  Those whom she calls friends know they have her absolute loyalty.  The same applies to her guild.  Even the least of it's members are as important to her as it's greatest.  Many a time a guild member has found themselves surprised as she not only knew their name but complimented them on a recent exploit. The Guild is her one true love, something she lives and assumes will die for. 

Biography: (And I am getting tired so you get bullet points)
-born and raised in the Imperial City in Cyrodiil
-mother is a mage, father was an adviser who had returned to the Summerset Isles and died en route
-was formally schooled, showed an aptitude for magic and understands the basics but did not find it enough of a challenge
-even before she finished her schooling she'd begun training in arms, under the tutelage of an amused and bored veteran. Learned the basics of knife fighting but primarily uses sword and shield
-joined the Fighter's Guild as soon as she could manage, spending the bulk of her years traveling alone through the wilds, defending the peasants against bandits and beasts
-Time passed, she grew more skilled and her reputation expanded
-Found herself not liking the direction the previous Guild Master was taking the Guild into and challenged him to combat in Cyrodiil's arena. 
-It was a close battle but she prevailed, not allowing her former leader the opportunity to even beg for mercy.  That was ten years ago.  While a few others have challenged her since, she remains the Guild Master still.

Gladiator0161

Woot! One profile down! And I'm too tired to do the rest atm. I'll try to some more tomarrow.

Great job on Medora's profile Addy! :D

Thanks a bunch for taking care of her for me!

eternalnight

Hi there~ So I was wondering... is it too late to join? XD I love the Elder Scrolls games (although I haven't been playing it at all as of late...but I'd love to RP it nonetheless~)

Gladiator0161

Glad to have the interest Eternalnight! I'm assuming you've read the rules, lol.

If so, great! Please fill out a profile and then I'll review it. As soon as I'm finished with all of mine that is, lol. Might have to take a few out if we get more interest, lol *pouts* :P

Probably will anyway but, it's gonna be a hard choice on which of my characters to scrap for this rp, lol.

eternalnight

Read the rules I have. :)

I'll get to filling out a profile asap~

Aww, that'll be a pity but probably necessary. Haha. I look forward to starting~

kingmaster1

Gladiator0161

Yay indeed! I look forward to finding out what kind of character you're going to play *prays for a warrior class* lol :P

kingmaster1

I could have easily played my redguard warrior >.>

But my Imperial thief Minella is the one I'm playing with right now....and she's sexy...and I like her big butt....

eternalnight

Haha... I see there's a lot of thieves/rogues... I was thinking of having a mage... since that's usually my class of choice in any RPG game but I can do warrior if we're in sore need of it..

Gladiator0161

Haha, no worries Kingmaster1 and Eternalnight, go ahead and play whatever you feel like playing. I was just kidding around, was just a little concerned about how our group would do in a battle situation with all the sneaky types around.

I hate to rain on the parade guys but well...me and Asher lost a good friend this afternoon. I dunno when I'll be back to my old self but, it'll take some time. I've pretty much cried all the tears that I can shed at the moment, so I'm kind of in a numb and shocked state right now.

I'm just gonna take things one step at a time for the time being, do what I feel like I can, when I can. So don't be surprised if I go a few days without posting in here.

I'll understand if that means that you guys wanna go do something else but, I do still want to do this thread. I just thought you guys should know.

kingmaster1

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on March 19, 2013, 10:00:12 PM
Haha, no worries Kingmaster1 and Eternalnight, go ahead and play whatever you feel like playing. I was just kidding around, was just a little concerned about how our group would do in a battle situation with all the sneaky types around.

I hate to rain on the parade guys but well...me and Asher lost a good friend this afternoon. I dunno when I'll be back to my old self but, it'll take some time. I've pretty much cried all the tears that I can shed at the moment, so I'm kind of in a numb and shocked state right now.

I'm just gonna take things one step at a time for the time being, do what I feel like I can, when I can. So don't be surprised if I go a few days without posting in here.

I'll understand if that means that you guys wanna go do something else but, I do still want to do this thread. I just thought you guys should know.

Oh wow, don't worry about it Gladiator, just take your time and don't worry about anything. I'll still be here when you get back :-)

eternalnight

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on March 19, 2013, 10:00:12 PM

Sorry to hear that, Gladiator. I hope all the best for you. No rush. I'll probably still be around. :)

kingmaster1

I'll just be here, crying my eyes out to doctor who :P

Gladiator0161

Thanks for your support guys. It really means alot to me.

Gladiator0161

Yay! Another bio done! lol. Shouldn't be too long before the rest come together and we can start the thread :)

Am kinda tempted to just go ahead and start actually, since I know the other characters so well in my head. What say you guys?

kingmaster1

Asher17

Y'know, I'm for going ahead and starting as well. I think everyone has a pretty solid idea of how all
this works and what their characters are like. Sometimes it's easier to fill out a character biography
after you've had the chance to test-fire them a bit too. Normally I'd be inclined to wait until everyone
was finished constructing their profiles, but you all have been great and already shown patience and
supportiveness as is. Thank you all for that.

In short, LET'S DO THIS THANG!  8-)

MasterOfMyFate

Do you mind if I play as a greybeard? I have a greybeard set up from awhile ago.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

kingmaster1

I don't think greybeards are allowed to leave high hrothgar

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: kingmaster1 on March 27, 2013, 09:46:48 PM
I don't think greybeards are allowed to leave high hrothgar

Shout at them enough, they will.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Gladiator0161

I'm sorry MasterOfMyFate, I'm gonna have to say no to that. As KingMaster1 already said, The Greybeards don't leave High Wrothgar, for any reason. That's been stated in the game, and despite our story taking place before the game's timeline, I can't see any reason for them to have done any different before the timeline in the game considering their beliefs.

You're free to play any race, other than Daedra and canon characters ofcourse, though. Also, if you haven't read the rules on the weapons as to what's allowed, I'd recommend doing that :)

Everyone else: Alright, I'll start the actual thread Friday, as tomarrow is gonna be a tight day for me, and idk if I'd be able to finish the initial post with the NPC's with the amount of free time that I'll have tomarrow. Can't exactly predict how messy a theatre is gonna be the next day, y'know?

Plus, it'll give Asher a chance to rest up from the two jobs he's doing tonight, and the one job he and I will do tomarrow afternoon :)

Maybe if things work out, and I get finished with my first job early tomarrow, I'll try to post it tomarrow.

Gladiator0161

Alright! The thread is up! I hope you enjoy it because I spent 3 hours working on it, lol!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169700.0

kingmaster1

Awesome start, should we have our characters enter the frozen hearth?

Gladiator0161

If you want but, doing some backtracking to their trek there would be good too. Like describing what they were doing, how they got there (whether they walked, rode a horse, took a wagon ect.)

Any of those things would add depth to your posts :)

kingmaster1

Right, I'll have my first post up soon then ;D

Gladiator0161

awesome! i look forward to reading it :D

kingmaster1

Aaaaaaand, Minella makes her entrance :P

hopefully you don't mind that little addition of how she got her glass sword, if so I'll change it ;D

Vengurd

Hello all! If there is room for another, I'll just drop this here.

Currently a WIP so please, don't get too into what you see thus far (I've talked with Gladiator about this a good deal and he so far has little issue with what I have in mind).

Name: Halsnek
Race: Mixed
Class/Occupation: Mercenary
Archetype:
Alignment: Neutral

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 210 LBs

Appearance: One would usually describe Halsnek as a tall young warrior and wouldn't be far off the mark with the exception of a far peculiarities. from a distance one would have difficulty telling their species, elf or human, too much flesh to be elf, too angular to be a human, so one would assume they was half elf and wouldn't be far off the mark. Closer in one would notice other differences and suddenly find themself thinking of an orc, or half orc to be closer, and again one wouldn't be far off the mark. Tall, thin yet brutish appearing, Halsnek has angular features, slightly pointed ears, green tinged skin, surprisingly good looking orcish teeth, even the sharp nose of an elf is more rugged and rounded. While 'thin' none who see them would mistake them for slim. In a work 'bulky' would fit Halsnek well enough though would not quite capture their image completely. Corded with muscle from both their racial heritage and a good third of a life time dedicated to training, Halsnek is a naturally strong, flexible young warrior.

Personality: Reserved, Observant, Paranoid and Adventurous.
Biography: Halsnek was born into a tough and rugged world surrounded by very simple and very deadly folk whom looked out for their own. By the time most children were making friends and learning wonderful things about the world, Halsnek was introduced to the way of life they would have as an adult. At the age of four their training and education in the craft of soldiering would begin and continue for much of their early life time, the hard, grueling training broken only by snatches of sleep and the odd campaign or quick job. they learned quickly how to survive in many situations and how to adapt and, most importantly of all, how to not only fight, but to kill. Training wasn't about just practicing over and over and over, though they did that, nor was it about overcoming tougher, stronger or even smarter opponents, though they did that, it was about killing them. To get anywhere in training the children usually had to have their first kill under their belt and Halsnek was no exception. At age twelve Halsnek would go on their first campaign, primarily to sit and watch, to learn how those in the company did things, how it all worked. Learn they did as they and the other children were often in or near the command areas, watching and seeing battles or skirmishes play out, how the commanders acted and reacted. By the time they were fifteen Halsnek had a fair if not great grasp of military procedure and practice and would see their first serious campaign, fighting in several skirmishes. After the campaign was over Halsnek would be given smaller jobs to perform, usually by themself or with a small group of others until they were seventeen, at which they would march on their third and fourth campaigns, both of the short, bloody and vicious. After the fourth campaign Halsnek had proven themself capable of the job and was given the rank of captain, their own men and sent on their way to find and fulfill more contracts.
Gear and Weaponry:
Two steel Swords at the waist
Two steel War Axes strapped to the back
One Steel Shield over the axes on the back
One Steel Knife at the waist by one sword
Three Steel Knifes at the boots
One spear used as a walking stick.

Steel Plate Helmet
Steel Plate Armor
Steel Plate Gauntlets
Steel Plate Boots

Gladiator0161

Looks good Vengurd, thanks for joining! I hope the move goes well btw :)

kingmaster1

So many people going all over, it's beautiful ;D

Gladiator0161

Great job with posts everybody! It's been a really fun read! Keep up the good work!

And no Kingmaster1, I don't mind the addition that you made to the glass sword, or the fact that she swiped it from Skjoldr in years past, lol. That was actually quite clever. I don't think he'll miss it though, lol. ;)

kingmaster1

Gladiator0161

lol, I'm in a post crazy mood today. I'm trying to restrain myself from posting with my Dark Elf Ranger character now xD

I love medieval fantasy settings and I want more to read! Give me moar!! Moarr!!!! lol xD

EvilMegaCookie

I am still eligible, ain't I? After I have finished Writing the biography.

Gladiator0161

Yes you are Cookie. One thing though, lol. In your appearance section, I noticed that you described your character as frail looking and that you attributed that to the fact that he wears glasses because of his eyesight, but then, you went on to say in the next sentence that he was "a mass of muscles". Idk about you but, if I see a really muscular guy with glasses, he doesn't look that frail looking to me, lol.

Were you trying to describe a lithe musculature? or were you going for a tank like what you were describing?

Vengurd

Erm, I seem to recall someone talking about why you chose the specific year we'll be playing in so I did a bit of checking up to make sure where exactly I can fit in certain events within my character history and I stumbled on the Time Line. I naturally began reading and found out that what I saw said on here was inaccurate. If I remember correctly it was said to be a guestimate. From this timeline I can at least confirm that the Thalmar and the Aldmeri Dominion do have Summerset isle and Valenwood, through apparently peaceful means before cutting off all ties with the Empire. it would be another fifty or seventy years or so before a coup would happen in Eldweyr.

Point being, I found something helpful over-all and I get to change a few (thankfully!) minor details on the character.

EvilMegaCookie

Oh yeah. When I say frail, I mean that he appears frail when people just see his face. He usually covers his body with a cape. It's all part of his plan :3 People tend to judge by appearances, so when they see a glasses-wearing man, they will often assume he is ''bookish'' or frail (atleast to my experience)and go for the Little ''lamb''. So my character uses that to his advantage. He who strikes first wins after all. Especially when you use a battle axe.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, you'd be correct Vengurd :) Believe me, me and my brother went over the timeline for Elder Scrolls games, with a pretty fair comb, before we set the date for this game, lol. Alot of things about the Elder Scrolls games are unclear, such as how long the various races live, which is still a subject of contraversy with the hard core gamers. The ages are literally all over the map.

Life Expetancy discussion -->: http://www.tesof.com/topic-life-expectancy-of-races

Also, they're aren't clear about how exactly long each era is, it seems that the most memorable events define each era and thus, define the start and end of an era. How long that lasts depends on what happened within the time frame of a certain event apparently. It's weird to say the least.

There are other things too, like why aren't Minotaurs in Skyrim since they were in Oblivion? or other greek mythological creatures that make appearances in actual Nordic tales and legends like Harpies, Centaurs, Chimera, Hydra, Empusa, or Satyrs (goat men)? or any number of summoned creatures that you could summon in the previous game, Oblivion?

Anyway, I could go on and on, lol. I love greek mythology, it's so interesting, and the creatures they came up with for their stories are awesome! :P

To that end, I was wondering how you guys would feel about incorporating some of these creatures into our rp. Here's a list that I found on Wikipedia. I'm definitely gonna incorporate Mintoraurs into our rp, since I don't see any reason why they wouldn't be there and it fits with the whole Nordic image.

List of Greek Mythological Creatures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythological_creatures

Cookie: Ok, I guess I get the direction you want to go there but, it's hard to hide that much muscle even in a cloak. People can usually tell unless they have bad vision. I'd just leave the frail appearance out of the description of his body, and say that people tend to underestimate him because he's sickly looking with the pale skin and all, and maybe he wears a weary expression to further that look. Ok? :)

Otherwise good job so far :)

kingmaster1

I'm good with any of that. Really I'd like Minella to be able to summon one of those golden chicks from shimmering isles :P

....just cause....wink wink

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on April 01, 2013, 07:24:01 PM
I'm good with any of that. Really I'd like Minella to be able to summon one of those golden chicks from shimmering isles :P

....just cause....wink wink

kingmaster1

Thank you Asher for bringing in the infinite wisdom of Morgan Freeman ;D

kingmaster1

So...should I move Minella to the college or is something going to happen in the inn? :P

Not that I'm complaining, I'm just waiting for interaction.

Gladiator0161

Morgan Freeman. Gotta love that guy xD

To answer your question Kingmaster1, I think it'll be ok spending one more post in the Hearth. :)

It'll give those still working on their profiles time to finish, or atleast do a little more, and... I love a good bar scene, lol.

kingmaster1

alright, just wondering if you had something planned for her, if not she'll probably break into the college or something :P

Gladiator0161

Nope, not really. You made her so, I figured you would know how to best get her in on this upcoming mission, haha.

kingmaster1

well, at first I was thinking you would do something with the guys in the inn but I guess I'll just have her head to the college soon, maybe scale the wall or something.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, I will in a bit. Wanna give others the chance to reply again before I post again, lol. xD

kingmaster1

okay, just don't want to post again and god mode by accident or something :P

I did control that waitress a bit but...that's for fun ;)

Vengurd

EvilmegaCookie.

When you describe your character, you make me think of Armstrong from FMA. The 'bookish' look associated with glasses is actually a near modern image, and if you look around, you'll see a number of people who have made wearing glasses into such an impressive image. Before you go any further, I don't mean the shades either. Just my five million dollars worth.

Greek mythology would be interesting, but Nords are more based on Vikings, less on greeks. Tall, strong, rugged and stubborn, built an empire that lasted for generations (Tsars anyone?), left relics and monuments in so many places (york was originally viking). A lot of modern day practices are actually influenced by the vikings of old. They were just that good and took all the good looking women back with them. ;)

Something has come up for me; On the last day of March my cousin was shot, on the first of April they pulled the plug. No, this is not an April fools gag, joking about a loss in the family is not something I would do. That said, I'm a bit shaken up. I knew him pretty well and the way it happened is just...well, I wont say crime is non-existent here, but that sort of crime is practically unheard of in these parts, yeah, we hear about it from places far away, but to have this sort of thing happen on our very door step? Well...I wont go into detail, I'm still trying to put it all into place in my head- so far I haven't made much progress.

Gladiator0161

As far as the Nord origins, you aren't telling me anything I don't already know Vengurd, haha. :P You'd be surprised at how many Viking tales and legends have greek influences though, take Beowulf for example, they call them demons and beasts but, I believe one of those demons looks like Medusa from greek mythology. I could be mistaken though, as it's been awhile since I've seen the movie.

I'm sorry about your cousin Vengurd, it's appalling what happened to him. Take as much time as you need, ok? Me and Asher both lost someone close to us recently too so, we understand. As always if you need to talk, don't hesitate to contact me on here or Skype :)

Muse

Thanks for the invitation, Galdiator, but the setting really is just too outside of my experience.  Please drop me a line again sometime.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Gladiator0161

Will do Muse, good to hear from you again :)

Asher17

Quote from: Vengurd on April 02, 2013, 03:32:23 AM

Something has come up for me; On the last day of March my cousin was shot, on the first of April they pulled the plug. No, this is not an April fools gag, joking about a loss in the family is not something I would do. That said, I'm a bit shaken up. I knew him pretty well and the way it happened is just...well, I wont say crime is non-existent here, but that sort of crime is practically unheard of in these parts, yeah, we hear about it from places far away, but to have this sort of thing happen on our very door step? Well...I wont go into detail, I'm still trying to put it all into place in my head- so far I haven't made much progress.

That's horrible news Vengurd, I'm really sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and your family. ~

EvilMegaCookie

Would it be possible for me to post without completely finishing the history? I am thinking of adding things to the history as I play....wait, am I still able to join in the RP? Seeing as you guys have quite the headstart.

Vengurd

Hey all. Nearly finished with my character, I just have one question; should they be male or female? I can play either one and usually how I build the character would drive me to one gender or the other but I seem to have built this one in a more generalized way (for me) than usual so what I have can fit in either way quite easily. My question is, which should it be?

I may also include several npc type characters to my character.

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 04, 2013, 06:28:07 PM
Would it be possible for me to post without completely finishing the history? I am thinking of adding things to the history as I play....wait, am I still able to join in the RP? Seeing as you guys have quite the headstart.

Yeah man all that's fine, go ahead and jump in.  C:)

Quote from: Vengurd on April 04, 2013, 07:06:02 PM
Hey all. Nearly finished with my character, I just have one question; should they be male or female? I can play either one and usually how I build the character would drive me to one gender or the other but I seem to have built this one in a more generalized way (for me) than usual so what I have can fit in either way quite easily. My question is, which should it be?

I may also include several npc type characters to my character.

Umm, personally I write both so there's really no preference there. However, I think we've got a
mostly male group, so if you wanted to help the balance there I guess you could do that. o: We
going with a mercenary angle with your dude?

I guess we could've fleshed out how/why everybody gets involved, since not everyone is coming
on behalf of the Guilds. Whoops. xD So, if everyone could go ahead and post here in this thread
why/how your character will be joining this l'il venture we got goin' here, that should help us all
stay on the same page. ~

About the NPCs you mentioned, they would be temporary right? I don't think having them around
would be a problem, unless you're talking about having them along for the whole journey. We'll
see what Gladiator says, but I think it'd be better if everyone just does one character. I know
I'm doing two currently, but only one is actually joining the quest. And the list of characters Glad
laid out is for the purpose of bringing them out one by one throughout the story as NPCs.

Gladiator0161

Yes Cookie, please go ahead and join in the rp. :)

Good idea Asher, lol. Sorry I haven't been on the ball, seeing as Asher's been beating me to the questions. *Narrows eyes* xD

Just got done writing a double post, lol. We haven't really even started and I'm loving this thread. Everyone's doing so well with theirs posts!

The only thing that concerns me is Kingmaster wanting to sneak into the College, lol. You know they have magic traps, wards, and detection spells up to prevent that kind of thing, right? Not to mention telepathic Sentinels in Winterhold and the College, lol. :P

Vengurd

Heads up. I wont be on for roughly a week as I travel cross country to my new abode. Take care and stay safe all.

kingmaster1

I've got the whole thing figured out with Minella. She'll just say she's a representative of the thieves guild, they'd have no reason to doubt her really, a nightingale is one of the highest positions in the guild after all :P

EvilMegaCookie

I will be somehow jumping into that midst of RPing as soon as I get finished on my Writing post for Earth's Children >.< I am still here so you know.

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on April 11, 2013, 09:49:00 AM
I've got the whole thing figured out with Minella. She'll just say she's a representative of the thieves guild, they'd have no reason to doubt her really, a nightingale is one of the highest positions in the guild after all :P

Sounds good dude. Been playing my Nighingale guy recently. The sneaking. The bow. The armor. Ooooh yeah... >;3

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 11, 2013, 05:13:09 PM
I will be somehow jumping into that midst of RPing as soon as I get finished on my Writing post for Earth's Children >.< I am still here so you know.

No problem man, glad to have ya. On that note, sorry I've been behind guys. Work 'n stuff, y'know? :/

kingmaster1

I love the rush of watching from a distance as one of my dragonbone arrows kills a random guard in a city :P

Markarth is my favorite, so many high places to go and places to hide. Windhelm is my second favorite for meaningless assassinations XD

Riften is my chilling place, that and lakeview manor, nice place.

Asher17

Quote from: kingmaster1 on April 11, 2013, 11:05:52 PM
I love the rush of watching from a distance as one of my dragonbone arrows kills a random guard in a city :P

Markarth is my favorite, so many high places to go and places to hide. Windhelm is my second favorite for meaningless assassinations XD

Riften is my chilling place, that and lakeview manor, nice place.

Lots o' racists in Windhelm, so have at 'em I say!  XD

kingmaster1

That's my thinking :P

I just wish I could kill that rolf guy...but for some reason he's immortal!

Gladiator0161

Good to hear EvilMegaCookiee :)

@Kingmaster: I know right! I tried killing him with the first character I made and wiped the floor with him! Evil immortal racist bastard! *shakes fist* :P

kingmaster1

I think they made him immortal because they knew people would want to kill him immediately :P

Bethesda wants to troll us >.<

Gladiator0161

Gladiator0161

Hey guys! Good job thus far!

I'm really liking how this is going but, we need to move on to the actual meeting. I've sent a couple people pms already, so this is just a general announcement :)

So, those that haven't posted yet, please do so as soon as possible! I don't want to leave people too far behind in the story. Speaking from experience, the farther behind you get, the more you have to write to catch up, and that can be alot of work and very tiring, and not so much fun.

I know things in real life have a tendency to interfere and come up suddenly out of the blue but, please try to make time for this if you can.

I hope things are going well for everybody :)

As always, if there's anything anyone wants to talk about concerning the story, or something that's concerning you in real life, please, don't hesitate to message me and I'll do what I can to help :)

kingmaster1

Sorry I haven't posted :-/

I am planning on Minella going to the college with the harbinger, just walking with him and Galamar inside so I might wait until they take off ;D

Gladiator0161

Yeah, that's fine Kingmaster, I'm just wanting to wait for EvilMegaCookie and Hunter Pheonix to post before we move onto the meeting.

Like I said earlier, I don't wanna leave them behind. :)

EvilMegaCookie

*hangs onto a rope, getting dragged across a desert, the horse moving at neck-break speed, the sand slowly tearing away at my naked body* I ain't getting left behind! So, how exactly am I supposed to hop in here? And don't ask me why I am naked. A khaijit stole it from me! *pokerface*

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 27, 2013, 07:01:51 PM
*hangs onto a rope, getting dragged across a desert, the horse moving at neck-break speed, the sand slowly tearing away at my naked body* I ain't getting left behind! So, how exactly am I supposed to hop in here? And don't ask me why I am naked. A khaijit stole it from me! *pokerface*

Hey man, not all Khajiits are thieves dagnabbit! xD

Perhaps your dude recently signed up with the Fighter's Guild back in Cyrodiil? Or since you identified him as "Barbarian", maybe he's a mercenary that's been traveling Skyrim and heard about all the hub-bub surrounding this meeting of the Guilds, so he goes to Winterhold to see if they'll hire him on. If you use the Fighter's Guild connection you should probably talk with Aadreal (Medora) real quick and see if she'd be cool with the idea that maybe she personally accepted him into the Guild.  C:)

Gladiator0161

*Pets Asher's head* look at my little pr guy doing such a good job! xD

Yes, both of those suggestions are good ones MegaCookiee. Also, just a little advice, I'd suggest reading up on everything that's happened in the story thread if you haven't already.

Also, just a little side note, you have Chrem, your "Whiteguard" character as being 6'2" at 125 pounds but, describe him as "a mass of muscle" to be frank with you, at 125 pounds, he's not so much a mass of muscle but, a really really thin man. If your wanting the Mr. Universe Schwarzenegger look ( https://plus.google.com/+ESPN/posts/anMvUhsnkJ1 ) I'd suggest upping his weight to 300 pounds. If you're wanting a thinner but still muscular look, I'd suggest adjusting his weight to about 250 pounds at minimum. That weight will give him a fit, athletic, and sculpted look.

Also, you need to put "Chrem" in the Name section of your profile instead of "Whiteguard". ;)

Asher17

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on April 27, 2013, 09:26:18 PM
*Pets Asher's head* look at my little pr guy doing such a good job! xD

Yes, both of those suggestions are good ones MegaCookiee. Also, just a little advice, I'd suggest reading up on everything that's happened in the story thread if you haven't already.

Also, just a little side note, you have Chrem, your "Whiteguard" character as being 6'2" at 125 pounds but, describe him as "a mass of muscle" to be frank with you, at 125 pounds, he's not so much a mass of muscle but, a really really thin man. If your wanting the Mr. Universe Schwarzenegger look ( https://plus.google.com/+ESPN/posts/anMvUhsnkJ1 ) I'd suggest upping his weight to 300 pounds. If you're wanting a thinner but still muscular look, I'd suggest adjusting his weight to about 250 pounds at minimum. That weight will give him a fit, athletic, and sculpted look.

Also, you need to put "Chrem" in the Name section of your profile instead of "Whiteguard". ;)

I wouldn't say 250 "at minimum", but 125 pounds at 6'2'' is extremely thin to the point of looking sickly and skeletal. I'm six foot flat IRL and my "target" weight is 180 pounds, so I'd look pretty terrible at 125 lbs and that would get worse the more height you add. If you want Chrem to have "a thick mass of muscles" he needs to be 200+ with the plus depending on just how big you want his muscles to be. If you meant he's really toned and has very little body fat then his weight can come down some, but I wouldn't go below 200 or he won't look like someone who swings a battleaxe for a living.

EvilMegaCookie

God dangit. Was I sleeping when I wrote or something? Lol. I keep forgetting that the more muscles you have, the more you weigh or something. How much does a musclebuilder weigh? 90KG?

Aadreal

Quote from: Asher17 on April 27, 2013, 09:12:02 PM
If you use the Fighter's Guild connection you should probably talk with Aadreal (Medora) real quick and see if she'd be cool with the idea that maybe she personally accepted him into the Guild.  C:)

Medora is just a NPC so if it facilitates a PC, I am open to writing in anything (that makes sense).  My role is completely secondary as I do not have a PC in the game.

I'm going to try and get something quick up tonight, but really, it's just killing time until the players are all able to get posts in.

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 28, 2013, 08:25:12 AM
God dangit. Was I sleeping when I wrote or something? Lol. I keep forgetting that the more muscles you have, the more you weigh or something. How much does a musclebuilder weigh? 90KG?

Indeed, the more muscle you have the more you'll weigh. Muscle is heavier than fat, and the taller you are the more weight you can have without looking out-of-shape. 90 kilograms comes out to 198.4158 pounds (1KG = 2.20462 lbs), so you're getting there. You're going for the bodybuilder physique then? He's gonna need 120KG (264.5544 pounds) or so (I'm not used to working with kilograms, so I just took 90 and added some) for really noticeable/developed larger musculature, which would fit if you want a bodybuilder look for Chrem.

((P.S. Holy balls that Battlemage pic I put in the thread somehow ended up gigantic even though I'm pretty sure I told it to use the re-sized copy I made of it yesterday. >.> ALSO, I still need to edit in Zurik's arrival for my post with Rune, and then add in the Asher content... I'll try to do so tomorrow.))

EvilMegaCookie

I will be home tomorrow so that is plenty of time to write a post. Expect one tomorrow :3 Will also edit the biography to match the look I am looking for.

EvilMegaCookie

Hm. I am having a hard time figuring out how to get into the RP without breaking the flow. But I will try and see if I can work something out with the fighters Guild thing.

Gladiator0161

Alright, sounds good MC :)

How was everyone's weekend btw? Am I the only one wishing it had lasted a little longer? :P

Gladiator0161

Alright, it's been 3 weeks now. I'm going to move the story forward since MC hasn't posted, if anyone wants/needs to post before I do so, please post right away.

Sorry for the wait guys.

EvilMegaCookie

Yeah, I have been busy with the national exams and stuff like that. Would it be possible for me to be a mercenary? Like, being hired by the Guild?

Asher17

Quote from: Asher17 on April 27, 2013, 09:12:02 PM

Perhaps your dude recently signed up with the Fighter's Guild back in Cyrodiil? Or since you identified him as "Barbarian", maybe he's a mercenary that's been traveling Skyrim and heard about all the hub-bub surrounding this meeting of the Guilds, so he goes to Winterhold to see if they'll hire him on. If you use the Fighter's Guild connection you should probably talk with Aadreal (Medora) real quick and see if she'd be cool with the idea that maybe she personally accepted him into the Guild.  C:)

Yes! That would be fine.

EDIT: 5/22/13

I added in some material to my last post, and I also made a new post to move everyone into the dining hall. I wrote it so that as everyone arrives they're ushered in to join the feasting. It's not much but it's there, and now we should be able to proceed to the real point of the thread --the adventure!  C:)

Aadreal

EMC- Medora is just a NPC and I don't have a PC in the game. If you want a mercenary, I'm fine with it.  Just shoot me a PM with anything Medora would know about your character.

EvilMegaCookie

All right. Aadreal has approved of my character being hired as a mercenary. Now I just have to wait until I can enter. But I guess I can make it so that I enter unannounced, making Medora introduce me as a hired mercenary, filling the others in on what I am famous for, etc etc.

Aadreal

EMC- Another option would be for him to arrive with a letter from Mdora's second in command. He was able to procure a contact with your character after she left.  There's a lot of fighters and mercs, I doubt she'd know all of them.  But she trusts her second.  That way your character can introduce himself and has a valid reason to enter.  Might also have another letter for her dealing with guild business that he was asked to deliver. *shrugs* Just a thought.

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on May 31, 2013, 07:28:13 AM
All right. Aadreal has approved of my character being hired as a mercenary. Now I just have to wait until I can enter. But I guess I can make it so that I enter unannounced, making Medora introduce me as a hired mercenary, filling the others in on what I am famous for, etc etc.

There's no reason to wait. The thread has been moved to a point where everyone involved is being
or has already been gathered in the dining hall of the college. I even mentioned a few mercenaries
being present.

Gladiator0161

EMC, I know you've been busy with school and whatnot, so I understand being a little late because of necessary things like that but, please get something posted soon. Otherwise, I will have no choice but to leave you behind in order to move the story forward.

I hate to do that but, we can't keep waiting on you like this. Please understand, I'm not trying to be mean, or meaning to be mean. I want to keep this thread fun for everyone but, in order to do that, I have to move it forward.

So, please post something this week, if it's possible for you to do so.

EvilMegaCookie

Writing a post right now. If there is anything weird with it, please let me know.

Gladiator0161

Good job EMC. Not the longest post I've seen but, it's not too short either. Nice :)

Glad you could finally join us in the story, lol :P

Alright, now to pm King Meister and let him know he's up xD

kingmaster1

Hey all, sorry about my lack of activity... I'll try to have a post up soon. I'll have Minella slip in as a representative of the thieves guild :P

Gladiator0161

Hahaha, that's awesome. Cause I just pm-ed you dude, and here you are xD

Guess you can ignore that pm now xD

kingmaster1

Yeah, I saw that XD
Anyway, I'll have a post up as soon as I get to a keyboard :P

Gladiator0161

Lol, np man. Good to see that you're still with us. :D

kingmaster1

Oh totally, wouldn't drop out of something this cool :P

kingmaster1

There we go, got Minella into the college and eating while walking about ;D

Gladiator0161

Nice! Thanks for getting to it so fast King Master1. Now it's Asher17's turn to post. Now, we can do another round of milling about and do some more character development, or we can get this meeting started and get onto the adventure, doesn't really matter to me either way.

It's up to you Asher, do whatever you feel up to doing :D

Ok, so I have a bit of a modifier to add to this post, and I wanna talk to you guys about horses, since we're going to be getting under way with the main story pretty soon. I would like to be horse free once we get away from Winterhold, and my argument follows below.

Horses

Now personally, I love horses. They're beautiful, majestic, intelligent creatures and riding horses helped me improve my hand writing when I was a kid, because I had seizures when I was really young, and so an after affect of that was that my hands shook. So, I have alot of fond feelings and respect for horses. That being said however, for the life of an adventurer and the purposes of this story, horses will just get in the way of things, and so won't be allowed beyond the city of Whiterun.

Why Whiterun? Well for one, it's warmer there, and because eventually our adventuresome path will take us by there. So, if you want your character to have a horse, they can bring it to Winterhold, join the meeting, and leave with it from Winterhold and take it with them to Whiterun. Leaving it in Winterhold is a death sentence because of how cold it is there, realistically, the horse would freeze and die in such a freezing environment. Also, Winterhold does not have a horse stable, and Whiterun does. Plus, you can pay an npc to take care of your horse, and that's where it will remain for the duration of the rp, and it'll be safe.

Reasons against horses in this rp

1: Your character will have to to take care of them.

Yes, like real animals in real life if they get hungry, sick, or wounded, your character will have to take care of those needs.

2: Horses, like other animals, have a limited intelligence, and act on instinct.

So, if your horse gets frightened, or you get ambushed by say, a Sabre Cat? You will most likely get thrown off and injured yourself. If there is a Necromancer cave that just spews an evil aura/feeling, and your horse is nervous and does not want to move, or go anywhere near that place, you run the risk of getting thrown off and losing your horse anyway, because it will run off to get away from whatever is frightening it. The less drastic of that scenario is that it just won't move, and will refuse to obey your commands. Thus, when you return for your mount, you will have to go and look for it because it will wander off a ways in order to make itself feel safe. Also, you run the risk of getting your character seriously hurt, or killed by being trampled by your own horse, or another players horse.

3: They die easily.

Now, I'm not saying that if you have a horse that was raised around battle, that it'll scare easily, or won't put up a fight but, let's face it, Elder Scrolls is not known for it's weak enemies. Will a horse kill a bandit? Yes. Will it kill a Wolf, Mountain Lion, or small Daedric monster like a Scamp, or Imp? Most likely. Will it kill a Daedric monster like a Fire Atronauch, Frost Atronauch, Storm Atronauch, a small Daedra Lord, or Xivillai? No. Will it kill Werewolves? No, not if they're healthy. Vampires? Same thing. Not if they're healthy. What about Ogres, Minotaurs, or Mages? No, and definitely no. As for the Mage, it depends on whether he's distracted by something.

4: They're a hindrance.

Plain and simple, they can't go everywhere that a player can, and realistically, they can't go straight up the side of a cliff like they can in the game. So, if we have to get to a place that your horse can't travel to, you're going to have to leave it behind, and there's no guarantee that a hungry Troll, Sabre Cat, Wolf, Bear, or Giant won't make a meal out of your mount. Additionally, your horse could be stolen by a npc character as your character is off somewhere else.

These are the risks that all of us will take, myself included, if we take horses on our journey.

Reasons for horses

1: They decrease travel time. This is the single biggest reason that I could think of when contemplating whether or not to disallow horses.

Example of what I mean: Walking distance from Winterhold to Whiterun on a straight path, will take us 4 days to travel. Riding a horse from Winterhold to Whiterun will take us a day and a half, at a run. And that's if we run them most of the day. Really though, the whole point of the story is to have fun and explore things while we try to find the instigator behind the rampant destruction throughout Tamriel. So, having a horse is still a bad idea.

2: They will keep your character warm at night. Like all warm blooded creatures, they're bodies produce heat. Duh :P

3: Should your character start to starve, they are a source of food. I wouldn't want to kill my own horse off though to eat.

Now, as always, this decision is up for discussion but, please take into account all the negatives that I have pointed out up above.

Asher17

Given the discussions we've had previously (Glad and I, that is) and the argument you've laid out
here, I'm in favor of leaving the beauties behind to ride -and live- another day.  C:)

In point of fact, in the thread it was stated that the College had its own stable. If people want, they
are free to leave their mounts behind in Winterhold under the watchful eye of the Mages (Rune the
Archmage, specifically). Given the temperatures and current inclement weather Winterhold is currently
experiencing, we can assume the horses will be moved inside --and yes, you can be assured of the
animals' safety. This story isn't about horses so there's no point in having anything happen to them
if they're left at the College. Plus, that would kinda be a dick move. xD

Now onto the explanation: When I say leave the mounts behind, I mean either: 1) leave them
at the College as said above 2) leave them at the stables once the group reaches Whiterun.

I'd be fine with having them around for the first little leg of the trip, but like Gladiator pointed out,
sooner or later the horses are going to end up a hindrance and possibly even a distraction from the
meatier, or juicier (I'm hungry, shaddup D:) elements of the story and character development and/or
interaction.

And let's just be clear. I find the thought of constantly having to worry about peoples' mounts tedious
and boring, therefore my character Asher isn't going to help someone who's silly enough to try to bring
something (like a horse) along that is only going to end up slowing us down, taking up valuable resources,
or that just doesn't fit with the various locales and scenarios the group will be dealing with. Not only
is this consistent with Asher's personality and background, but it addresses the meta-game here.

Boom. xD

kingmaster1

Minella will leave Butter in Whiterun, she has a fence there who will treat him well >.>

Plus, Butter is used to more heated climates, so whiterun is better than winterhold

Gladiator0161

I totally forgot that you made up that the College has their own stables Asher. Makes sense now that I think about it though, lol. Not every Mage can just teleport to wherever he wants to go, lol (Zurik can't either btw, just so you know. I mean, he's looked into it sure but, it's one of those mysteries of magic that he's still trying to understand and perfect xD).

Good to know Kingmaster :)

Understand though, that we're not forbidding the taking of horses on the journey, we're just strongly advising against it. If you want to write in everything that has to be done with a horse on a adventure like this, go ahead but, be warned..you most likely won't get any help from our pc's.
Since Illindale's a nice guy, he might help once or twice, if asked, but, otherwise even he wouldn't help, and it'd be useless to ask Galamar, cuz he definitely wouldn't help, even when asked xD

kingmaster1

yeah, so it's just better to leave the horse somewhere it'll be safe since it would most likely die on the journey, and Minella loves butter, she doesn't want him hurt >.>

It will be easier to ride down the mountains with him, though... So, yeah, Whiterun :P

till then I'll take all the writing that goes with a horse for the moment, the first leg should be fairly simple.

Gladiator0161

Alright, sounds good Kingmaster :)

Now that that's over with, I can't wait to press onto the main event! xD

kingmaster1

Also, I've left Minella fairly open for anyone who would like to talk with the curvacious thief :P

Also, for anyone wondering, she's very dominant in bed ;)

Asher17

Sounds good! Nice post by-the-by EvilMegaCookie, me likey. C:)

I'm juggling a few different things this evening but I'm going to try
to post again tonight so we can keep this ball a-movin'. ~

Aadreal

I posted for Medora.  My fingers got away from me and I sort of...ummm...elaborated on what the Gladiator told me to say.  So it might change if I need to retcon it.

kingmaster1

Minella has a total lady boner for Madora :3

Gladiator0161

You guys are making this hard on me, lol. Now I gotta write a good length post without revealing anything early *glares* :P

Though, Galamar's reaction to Medora's actions will be easy to write *snickers*

Addy: I can't see anything in your post that I would needs modification, and thus I say to you "well done good miss! Most impressive!"

Asher: Same to you man, I love the whole speech from another's point of view angle you did.

Kingmaster: Minella's not the only one ;) xD

Aadreal

Glad you guys....approve?  Though Medora would look harshly upon any aroused by her tale. She is not happy with the lengths she had to go to.

kingmaster1

We're not turned on by the story XD

Minella just wants someone to cuddle at night :P

Aadreal

I should know better than to reply when I've just woken up.  Allow me to clarify.  Medora is disgusted by what she had to do.  While she'd managed to keep it in the back of her mind, this was the first time she'd told anyone.   So ot is all fresh once more.  The screams, the begging, the smell of them losing their bowels.  Fighting am armed opponent is one thing. Torturing a victim is another.  So any approach of a sexual or romamtic nature for a good while would be rejected harshly.

And sorry KM. Medora isn't a cuddler.

kingmaster1

Damn >.>

I guess the cuddling will be skipped then...

Anyway, I can understand that, traumatic events and all.

Gladiator0161

While I am not against romance between player's characters, please keep in mind that we are keeping that aspect of this roleplay  thread PG KingMaster. ;)

If you want more explicit writing material, please keep it through the personal messaging system and don't add it to the story later.

Just a general reminder for everyone.

kingmaster1

*hides riding crop* oh right...I forgot about that...my bad :P

Gladiator0161

EvilMegaCookie

Hm. I am tempted to write a post, but I guess it's not my turn right now. Argh! I want to write. My character is hungry. And cold.

Aadreal

I know the order was important for Rune and the Medora to speak.  Not sure if it is now. *shrugs*  Hopefully Gladiator or Asher will be able to pop on and let you know.

Gladiator0161

Yeah, go ahead and post EMC, it shouldn't affect much. Just don't move the over all game's story forward because I need to do some stuff with Brathus, and that's my job :P. Then I'll incorporate your post along with my other characters. I plan to post this evening sometime, just to let you know.

Gladiator0161

Aadreal

Good post Gladiator.  Medora certainly has a response in store for the accusations.  But I will hold off until others post.

kingmaster1

Gladiator0161

Aadreal

kingmaster1

nope! I'm here, just been busy, I'll have a post up ASAP :P

EvilMegaCookie

Me? I am just waiting for a good opportunity.

EvilMegaCookie

...........It's quiet. *the sound echoes through the now-empty OOC thread, bouncing between the imaginary walls* Is it just me or did it get really quiet all of sudden? Maybe I should write a post.

kingmaster1

I'm still here, no one else seems to be :P

Aadreal

I think they were waiting on you to get as post up EMC. 

EvilMegaCookie

Oh! I was waiting for someone else to post xD

Aadreal

Nope, based on rotation you need to post before Asher and then I respond.

Gladiator0161

Hey guys, sorry for making you worry. I've had a really busy and really tiring past couple of weeks. Still haven't caught up on the sleep i've lost actually, then my back started giving me trouble *sighs*. I'm only 27 but, I feel like I'm 80 or so sometimes, lol. Hopefully this weekend I can catch up on some rest and be back to my usual..or atleast more normal self.

As for posting order, yes EMC, it is your turn. So, please don't wait for a good opportunity 'cause now would be great, lol. :)

I'll understand if real life takes priority but, please try to get something up in the next few days, ok?

Again, sorry for making you all worry.

EvilMegaCookie

I will. Bit of a pinch right now as I don't have access to my computer. Only my mobile T-T I could try and write a post anyway. But I would prefer to wait as I will get access to a computer on monday. If not, then I will try to write one on this mobile of mine anyway. XD

EvilMegaCookie

Change of plans: I will get the post done by tomorrow as I will have access to a computer then. I hope that is acceptable? :P

Gladiator0161

EvilMegaCookie

Finally got the computer for myself XD Somewhat hard being able to write a post since said person I am loaning it from is quite posessive of it :P But seeing as he'll go to work I will have the computer for myself a good 8 hours or so.

Gladiator0161

That's great...now when are you planning on actually writing the post? lol :)

EvilMegaCookie

AAAAAAARFHHHHH! Said person comes home and immediately takes over, deleting the page I was on and then proceeds to surf on facefuckingbook....you can imagine my face when I realized that all I had written was gone. *poof* Just like that. So in order to move the story along, you might as well ignore my post as I will just give you a brief explanation of what I had written: he went to grab a nearby chicken leg and enjoyed the juicy meat. On the whole speech, he didn't have much to say except that ''We do what we have to do. Simple as that.'' Or something along the lines of that. That is all I can remember at the moment :/

Gladiator0161

That sucks, what a douche bag :(

That's not much to work with but, I can do it. Just need to know who's turn it is after EMC's. Is it back to me again? Or do we care at this point? lol

Aadreal

Pretty sure it's Asher's and then mine.

Gladiator0161

kingmaster1

Gladiator0161

Good to know Kingmaster1 :)

So, I talked to him, he said he'll post again but, I'm not sure how long he's gonna stick around.

EMC: I'm sorry but, I'm answering stuff from my recruitment thread for this game, so I really need you to post with your character. I don't have enough mental energy to answer these questions, write a post for your character and all of mine, AND keep what I need to in mind for this particular roleplay (because as I continue to play Skyrim, and specifically the DLC, on my xbox360, I'm continually learning stuff that might affect our thread, so I'm keeping that stuff in mind). Please try to make it a good post. Take your time with it, and think about how your character would react to everything that's happened so far in the story.

Oh, and just so you all know, it takes me sometimes up to three hours, or several days if I have to stop in the middle of my posts because of work interfering, to write my long ass posts, lol. So don't feel bad if you have to stop and add more later, because that's what I have to do sometimes. Just slap a "(To be continued...)" thingy on there and you're good.

That last little bit was for everyone btw, not just EMC, lol. Don't want the poor guy to feel like he's getting pounded on by me, lol :P

Typically, my posts take me an hour or two to write.

Wargtass

Hey kingmaster, long time no see!  ;D

I'm here to bring my usual argonian crap to the table! Rumor had it you were looking for mages, so here I am, ready to conjure and restore your shattered limb. Just don't trust me with a weapon, if you really value those limbs.

I'll be working on refining the character today and push it by our precious GM as soon as possible.

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on July 17, 2013, 06:14:14 PM
AAAAAAARFHHHHH! Said person comes home and immediately takes over, deleting the page I was on and then proceeds to surf on facefuckingbook....you can imagine my face when I realized that all I had written was gone. *poof* Just like that. So in order to move the story along, you might as well ignore my post as I will just give you a brief explanation of what I had written: he went to grab a nearby chicken leg and enjoyed the juicy meat. On the whole speech, he didn't have much to say except that ''We do what we have to do. Simple as that.'' Or something along the lines of that. That is all I can remember at the moment :/

Actually most browsers has a restore window/tab function that could have helped you out with that.  ;D
O/O

kingmaster1

Hey, warg ;D

It's been a long while :3

EvilMegaCookie

No wonder no one had posted yet. Just let me....*picks up a crowbar and immediately begins threatening the person I am borrowing the computer from* ''IT'S MY TURN!'' *holds the crowbar menacingly* (To be continued. Will he be able to hold on to the computer for a little longer or will he be slowly overpowered?)

Aadreal

Good luck EMC!  You could try as I do when at work. Write it up by hand then type it up and do a quick edit once you have access to a computer. 

EvilMegaCookie

*Tosses the crowbar away, the weapon showing a few bloodstains* Well, that was resolved somewhat peacefully. Now allow me to finish what I should've days ago...

Gladiator0161

Quote*Tosses the crowbar away, the weapon showing a few bloodstains* Well, that was resolved somewhat peacefully. Now allow me to finish what I should've days ago...

Lol XD I'm sorry things aren't going your way man. I'm looking forward to your post.

Soooo...how'd everyone else's weekend go? Lol.

Wargtass

Well I'm ready to throw in the hat. Perhaps a stir crazy Argonian stumbling into town can have a positive effect!  ;D
O/O

Gladiator0161

QuoteName: Blind-Eye
Race: Argonian
Class/Occupation: Restoration Mage and Alchemist
Archetype:
Alignment:

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 175lbs

Appearance: As his name suggests, Blind-Eye does have a blind eye, the right one to be exact. It has been blind since birth but he sees no reason for covering it up, showing its milky white contrast to his stark yellow eye on his left side. His bronze-colored scales are dry and cracked from his near constant travels around Tamriel and the rich plume of feathers on his head has become a bleak red over the years compared to the deep red it once was. He prefers to keep his clothing simple, rather being seen as a wanderer than a mage. He keeps his knapsack hidden beneath a rough hooded cloak that he wear over his worn out clothes, within which he keeps what little belongings he still has, including the bar-locked Black Book that he has not opened for many years.
Personality: Blind-Eye is very silent and skittish, a clumsy and awkward individual which has a sort of invisible barrier around him that usually keeps others away. He speaks to himself mostly in a faint whisper, if at all. Should someone try to talk to him for a longer while they might come to realize that he probably used to be a very social man once. Now he's just a haunted and awkward individual who seldom stays longer than a night in any one place.

Biography: Blind-Eye was born and raised in a small border-town between Cyrodiil and Black Marsh to a reasonably well off family. His father was a smith and the mother was a healer. Out of the whole clutch only Blind-Eye lived to hatch and that was only due to his mothers loving care and healing magic. As he grew up he showed talent for the magic arts, something his mother said was because of having been exposed to magic early on in his life. Even at such an early age he often helped his mother mending wounds and shattered bones, much to his father's chagrin who had hoped he would become a great blacksmith under his tutelage.

As Blind-Eye became an adult he was already a bit of a celebrity in the surrounding towns. There was nothing but Death himself that he could not mend and no sickness he couldn't cure with one of his alchemical concoctions. People travelled far and wide to seek his aid, which brought Ra'elah to his attention. A Khajiit caravan steered from their trails to visit the famed healer, their elderly leader being ravaged by a chronic desease that threatened to kill him. The elder stayed with Blind-Eye for a month together with his eldest daughter Ra'elah, a beautiful and exotic addition to Blind-Eyes life in the small town. They became very close and when her elderly father was healed he rewarded Blind-Eye with a small fortune and his daughter's hand.

They lived the good life in a large house, but the gold Blind-Eye earned as a healer was starting to make him proud and arrogant. He could seemingly heal anything that was given to him and his ego was constantly being fed by sycophants and cheap friends. As the Blackwood band entered the town with their mortally wounded leader Blind-Eye was drunk. He insisted that he could save the leader. But even the great healer of the borderlands could not mend a broken back. Enraged by the drunken healers arrogance and botched operation the Blackwood band bound him to a chair and raided his house. When he finally cut himself lose it was too late. The mercenaries had turned his home into a pile of scrap, raped his beloved Ra'elah and broken her spine. Her life could be saved, but she would never walk again.

Blind-Eye was now a broken man. His life became dedicated to find a way to heal his wife. He travelled to the Mages Guild in the Imperial city and wasted years trying to find an answer. He became a bitter and jaundiced alcoholic and returned to his home to find that his dear wife was living with his parents now that all their gold was spent. He had lost everything. Cursing himself he walked out into the wilderness, intent on never returning. That was when he found the abandoned house in the swamps, its walls covered in ancient scriptures written in black ichor, a small otherwordly statue covered in blood and a man split stem to sternum with a knife in his own right hand, the other clutching a strange black book bound in darkened patches of skin. He wanted to leave this evil place, but the maddened rictus grin of the dead man and the black book seemed to draw him in. Suddenly he stood with the book in his hands, the strangely drawn pages coming to life and slipping its black appendages around him.

He never knew how long of a time he spent in there. Time was impossible to track in the hellish nightmare that he emerged in. Impossible pillars of moist black muscle twisted in impossible ways towards the black-green sky, pools of dark water slithered with snake-like tentacles that gripped for his limbs. The dark creatures that patrolled the empty book-strewn corridors of this world seemed to constantly hound him with their presence, yet they ignored him, mocked him as he roved through the tight tunnels and expansive landscapes of this strange world. He travelled the Apocrypha for years seemingly, his mind harrowed as he plowed through impossibly old books and scrolls of wisdom. Here he might be able to find the answer he thought. He just needed to stay a little while longer...

His thirst for the forbidden knowledge finally drew the attention of the master of this deranged realm, the gibbering Daedric Prince of Knowledge and Memory, Hermaeus Mora. He sent his twisted and monstrous servants to bring Blind-Eye to him, treating the Argonian with a fatherly demeanor. He offered Blind-Eye the knowledge he sought. In return the Daedra wanted his existense. Finally seeing an end to his misfortunes and the insanity that was this realm Blind-Eye accepted. As his consciousness returned he stood at the same place in the abandoned shack in the swamp, book in hand. The corpse of the cut up man had not rottened at all. He had been in Apocrypha for years, yet here in the world of mortals he had never even left.

Having been reduced to an insane wreck of a man he returned to his town. But as he went to his parents house they didn't recognize him. They had never had a son. They had taken in the crippled Ra'elah from the streets. She had never been married to any Argonian. Blind-Eye was shattered by their words and it took the strength of his father to throw him out of the house. He roamed the streets and met people he had known his entire life, but no one knew any Blind-Eye. There was no wonderous healer in the town. He didn't exist anymore. Yet he had not been given the answer. Just a whole lot of forbidden secrets about the world that he had rather lived without. With hysteric laughter he left the town, never to return.

Ever since he has wandered. He has met thousands of people, made hundreds of friends. But as soon as he leave them for a longer period of time he disappears from their memories, his existence is unravelled and his own memories slowly being replaced with the forbidden mysteries of the planes of the world's existence. It is with heavy steps that he approaches Winterhold after several decades of wandering. Somehow he feels compelled to go there, even though he can barely remember why.

Gear and Weaponry: Nothing but the clothes on his back and some alchemical tools. The only thing close to a weapon that he keeps is a sickle, as well as the closed and locked Black Book.

I think he'll be a good addition, you certainly worked hard to make him interesting. I can't wait to see how you play him in thread. :)

I have a friend irl that loves playing crackpot characters, and most are crazier than yours Wargtass, lol.

Hope you don't mind me posting your bio on here btw.

kingmaster1

oooh! a black book!
we all know what that entails!  ::)

Minella will be very curious of it >.>

Wargtass

She must find out about it first. Then take it from his cold dead hands.  ;D
O/O

kingmaster1

Well, she is a dedicated servant to her mistress nocturnal, so she is familiar with daedric things :P

We'll see how it goes >.>

Gladiator0161

Just read your post Wargtass, great job man! I really liked it. I started to get a little concerned when you wrote that Blind-Eye knew where it would strike next but, you didn't name where it would strike in your post, which I really appreciate. :)

Before we take the heroes on their tracking spree, we need to have our characters gather around a table and consult a map, discuss and mark down which places have already been hit, and then plan out the first leg of their trip. Which I planned on doing all that the next day, after everyone has suitably rested from their journey.

Oh, one more thing, Asher17 has been locked out of his account, he swears he's entering the right password and answering the custom question correctly and I believe him. He's also tried the "forgotten password" thing, and so far he's not received an email. Dunno what the problem is. I've alerted an admin to the problem so, hopefully he'll be back with us soon. Just thought I might explain where he's been since he's not been on in awhile in case anyone was wondering.

Wargtass

To be honest he'll probably be hard pressed to remember anything when he wakes up. It's all about plot-seeding, giving the GM plausible options to push the group forward while at the same time opening up avenues for other players to find out more about the character. Either way it will reveal that 1) Blind-Eye knows things he clearly shouldn't know, or 2) Blind-Eye's memory and sanity is about as intact as moldy bread.

Have you checked so that last date active corresponds to his actual last day active? I have no idea why someone would want to hack an E-account, but might happen for some reason. However, since the security question doesn't work it is more likely some disconnect in the server. Have he tried logging in from another computer?
O/O

Aadreal

Should I continue to hold off until Asher is able to get back in? I wouldn't be able to post tonight either way. Have some stuff to do.

EvilMegaCookie

Bloody hell. Turns out while I threw the crowbar away, I suffered memory-loss. Apologize for poofing like that.

Gladiator0161

Wartgass/Everyone: Yeah maybe, he's tried the whole password thing, and checked his email. I even pm'ed an admin to see if she could email him, and there's no email showing up from the site or the admin, and she's told me that she's sent the email. Needless to say, he was disappointed and won't be joining us again because he says he won't be coming back. He doesn't want to make another account, and I can't say I blame him. He didn't get to do much in the first place and his first impression of the site wasn't that good I guess. I don't think he liked the adult sex oriented nature of the website.

Rune will be easy to dismiss but, his other character, Asher, will be a little tougher. Though I guess I could just have him just simply disappear in the crowd.

Addy: Go ahead and post if you whenever you can since we won't be waiting on Asher any longer.

EMC: It's ok, I'm guilty of the same thing sometimes but, just so you know, I've decided that I'm no longer going to wait on you. I'm not meaning to be harsh but, if this thread is to remain active I have to be able to move it forward, and thus far you've been the one to need the most help in this thread, which is fine. How else are we to learn if we don't ask?

*cringes* That even sounded harsh to me O.<;;  I'm sorry, I dunno how else to put it. I promise I'm not meaning to sound like an ass.

EvilMegaCookie

What? Hell no, that didn't sound harsh at all. It's pretty much what I deserve for poofing like that :P Will try and get up a post.

Gladiator0161

I'm glad you understand EMC, thank you. I'm also glad to see that I didn't offend you. :)

Aadreal, awesome post hun! Short, sweet but, it still reveals more about Medora's personality, and at the same time your post acknowledges Wartgass' character's entrance.

Alright, if everything goes well tomarrow, I'll get my post up then. If not, then I'll probably be posting sometime on Saturday or Sunday, and we'll get this party started!

Aadreal

Thanks Gladiator. Not all of my posts are novels. *laughs*

And just a FYI. I am on vacation starting Sunday. I have no intention of doing any posting next week.

kingmaster1

I will post soon, Minella will be very interested in this sudden visitor :P

Gladiator0161

That's fine Addy, have fun on your vacation :)

Yes, I was wondering how Minella would react to Wartgass's crazy Argonian, lol.

kingmaster1

Oh, she'll love meeting another Daedric worshiper, even one who listens to Hermaeus Mora >.>

Gladiator0161

Hey guys, sorry I've been away for so long. I've been kinda busy with work, and getting involved with a tabletop group. I'm going to finish my post tonight. Again, sorry for the long delay. Is everyone still interested in this btw? Or have I slacked on the job for too long?

kingmaster1

Gladiator0161

Good to see, thanks for hanging around Kingmaster1:)

I finished my post, so we can continue the story. I forget who's turn it is so, whoever wants to post, just go ahead and do so please. :D

Gladiator0161

Aaannnd apparently no one wants to post :(

Aadreal

I opened it, read it, set it aside to work on later and then with my new workload during the day being on the computer once home was not appealing.  I have a lot of catch up on my rp's to do now.

Aadreal

Unless a response is absolutely needed from Medora (in which case send me a poke PM) I do not think I will be able to continue writing for her.  In addition to my work load changing and increasing at work I just started an online course that takes up a good bit of my free time.  What little time I have for E I will be focusing on my one on one games and group games where I play a PC. 

Gladiator0161

That's understandable Addy, and completely fine. I don't think there's anything for you to reply to anyway, unless you wanted to write your reaction to Warg's entrance, and whatever Galamar said to Medora.

Gladiator0161

Alright, more than enough time has passed since my last post, both in here and in the story thread, for someone to reply.

I'm declaring this rp dead, and closed. Sorry guys, but, I can't do this on my own.

If someone wants to continue, I'm up for it but, let me know via pm please.