News:

Main Menu

Anime

Started by Null, December 15, 2013, 10:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

Dimir

Quote from: SouvlakiSpaceStation on November 08, 2014, 10:24:06 PM
I've been watching Sailor Moon Crystal and reading the original manga. I'm filled with sparkly shoujo goodness. *bats eyelashes, blows a kiss and twirls into the distance while singing the 90s English theme song off-key*

Yay another Sailor Moon fan! ^^

I've become addicted to watching Fairy Tail now, currently have completed the first 48 episodes.
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0

Drake Valentine

Second season of Aldnoah Zero has started. All aboard the hype train.

Also, saw some uncensored episodes of Terraformers, looot better. Though Crunchyroll isn't airing them all. -.- Ones I seen were beyond episode 6.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Zeth

I am 6 episodes into Space Battleship Yamato 2199 and really liking it.

Zekromnomnom

I tried like four episodes of Attack on Titan but I couldn't do it. And I tried some other stuff that's on Netflix right now, but most of it had names I can't spell. One about the school life of this girl with ESP was entertaining to me.

What I really want to do is watch Read or Die, since I saw the OVA years ago and my friend told me all about the series.

Sain

Quote from: Drake Valentine on January 13, 2015, 08:04:58 PM
Second season of Aldnoah Zero has started. All aboard the hype train.

I was at first somewhat disappointed, the ending for season 1 was good. Then again that series probably couldn't live without the main character and his physics vs alien technology battles :D Not even ashamed to admit that the dismay I felt from seeing him brought back to life faded a little when he got his battle scene.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Cayenne

Quote from: Sain on January 16, 2015, 03:17:31 PM
I was at first somewhat disappointed, the ending for season 1 was good. Then again that series probably couldn't live without the main character and his physics vs alien technology battles :D Not even ashamed to admit that the dismay I felt from seeing him brought back to life faded a little when he got his battle scene.

They what?!

I actually didn't watch because they ended that anime with killing him off and was like "I don't really want to see what happens now, since he was the reason the show was awesome"

Now I sorta.. maybe.. almost want to see.
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

wander

Been watching Bakemonogatari recently... I've quite enjoyed it despite it's arty weirdness factor. I'm likely gonna wanna watch Kizumonogatari, the film prequel depending on how I take the ending of the series... (Only started the Snake arc, so no spoilers past there please!).

LuckyOwl

Quote from: Dimir on January 13, 2015, 04:34:14 PM
Yay another Sailor Moon fan! ^^

I've become addicted to watching Fairy Tail now, currently have completed the first 48 episodes.

Sailor Moon's cool, but it was dubbed here and Bunny's japanese voice sounds terribly weird to me now. She's... not annoying enough (her dub was really high pitch and annoying here).
QuoteYou never knew exactly how much space you occupied in people's lives.
F. Scott Fitzgerald, Tender is the Night

Sasquatch421

You know I went into my local Hastings store looking to see if the third Fairy Tail collection was there... I might not have found it, but I ended up walking out with Hellsing Ultimate 5 - 8 and the first part of the first season of Sailor Moon... So! I'm watching Sailor Moon... Still enjoy Luna's voice and I'll get to more Alucard later on.

On a side note I rewatched Kaze No Stigma and still get a chuckle...

NicciKotor

Everyone should own the nausicaa manga. 1000 or so pages of Ghibli artwork and it expands the story so much. The movie doesn't even dent the side plots.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sain on January 16, 2015, 03:17:31 PM

Now he is uber badass with super physics over level 9,000. That space battle episode(third(second?) episode of second season, I think.)

Going around kicking ass with a training mech.

I hope the princess shoots Slaine.

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Zekromnomnom

Found my Read or Die OVA on Amazon. Too bad the only full collection of the TV series is like 200 dollars on there. I need to keep shopping around.

Haruki

I figured I'd come back in here to poke around and update on what I've been watching recently.

It's a few years old, but the 2nd 'season' just started.  I've been watching Kamisama Kiss (Kamisama Hajimemashita).  I'm not really a fan of male-centered harems anymore, but I never tire of the 'reverse-harem' romantic comedy genre.  I really enjoyed Fruits Basket some years back and this one's first season was directed by the same person.  This one's sure giving me a few good chuckles here and there.

I also did finally watch Wolf Children, that movie I mentioned and picked up last year (wound up getting it online as I cancelled going to that convention I was going to go to.)  I think the whole 'girl falls in love with a guy who can change into the form of a wolf' cliche may off-put some folks.....it did me a bit, but that's really the extent of its fantasy elements, but it's otherwise a VERY good film about a young mother having to raise two children out in a rural area on her own.  Not easy when the two little ones have a 'wild side' to them.  Really don't want to delve into too much for fear of spoiling.  In my latest Christmas-spending splurge, I also finally got Summer Wars by the same director and plan on watching it soon.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Yukina

Quote from: Haruki on January 28, 2015, 05:58:25 AM
I figured I'd come back in here to poke around and update on what I've been watching recently.

It's a few years old, but the 2nd 'season' just started.  I've been watching Kamisama Kiss (Kamisama Hajimemashita).  I'm not really a fan of male-centered harems anymore, but I never tire of the 'reverse-harem' romantic comedy genre.  I really enjoyed Fruits Basket some years back and this one's first season was directed by the same person.  This one's sure giving me a few good chuckles here and there.

I also did finally watch Wolf Children, that movie I mentioned and picked up last year (wound up getting it online as I cancelled going to that convention I was going to go to.)  I think the whole 'girl falls in love with a guy who can change into the form of a wolf' cliche may off-put some folks.....it did me a bit, but that's really the extent of its fantasy elements, but it's otherwise a VERY good film about a young mother having to raise two children out in a rural area on her own.  Not easy when the two little ones have a 'wild side' to them.  Really don't want to delve into too much for fear of spoiling.  In my latest Christmas-spending splurge, I also finally got Summer Wars by the same director and plan on watching it soon.

Wolf Children was a great movie. :) That mom was a trooper.

Cayenne

This season of anime is kind of bad for me, though I have found one Gem among the new ones - and it is mostly because it is just a special kind of crazy.  Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!  It's like someone looked at Sailormoon and thought "I wonder what happens if you pretty much keep all values equal, but make them guys instead"
"My mind is not in the gutter, I just happen to have a really good view of it from my high horse"

ONs & OFF

yugi006

Well winter season is usally the season out of all of them just cause the amount isn't there compared to fall and spring season.

Drake Valentine

Eh, Kuroko(sp) Basketball season continued so I am happy for that.

I also been watching GTO that cruchyroll is streaming.

Parayste is still a good anime in my book, but I think it is nearing its end. What is it, 24 episode anime?

Also there is second season of Aldnoah. Zero.

The anime with them fighting the 'Neighbors,' with alien technology is interesting as well. (Can't remember its name off top of my head.)

Not fan of few of the new ones that came out.

Speaking of continuing anime, I think there is suppose to be another season of something starting again, just unsure what it is at moment..... ;(

yugi006

But it's mostly the continuations that are good. Only a few good news ones are actually good. I'm happy for season three of Kuroko.

Also watching Parasyte and World Trigger which is the one you are talking about.

Death Parade, Assassination Classroom, and Maria the Virgin Witch are the ones I like this season.

Drake Valentine

I don't think they are streaming any of those three on Crunchyroll that you mentioned, unless I overlook em. T_T Which crunchyroll usually only way to watch anime since my labtop is crap. (I watch anime via PS4 console.)

yugi006

The three I mentioned are licensed by Funimation in the U.S. and they have their own site that streams their own anime. Funimation titles never appear on Crunchyroll.

Mathim

Speaking of Funimation, anyone see Desert Punk? Astonishingly well-blended action and perversion, also hilarious.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Haruki

Alright, opinion time folks before I hit the sack and mull over this.

I really don't want to get into another long-LONG-winded shounen series.  I did it already with Naruto, and was planning on that being my first -and only- one.  Stopped cold after ep 135 of the original series and its accompanying 3 movies, and decided I had enough of that.  No fillers, no Shippuden, nothing more, and I know (for myself) I chose right.

So I was told about Fairy Tail via PM.  I queued up the first dub episode (I watch dubs, part preference, part necessity) on YT.  Okay, so that was alright...seems charming enough, if a bit juvenile (ie: the fanservice).  But then I look it up on Wikipedia and my eyes got about as big as those -of- a stereotypical anime character.  Two-hundered-twenty-TWO episodes....and counting (it's in its 2nd series of episodes....the first ended somewhere in the 100s)?!?!

Unless I can be convinced otherwise that this is worth it, Uhm.....NO!  Harry Potter already did the whole 'wizards/witches in a magic academy building up their abilities to face off an ultimate antagonist' thing.  Only difference I'm seeing is that HP had a start and end to it and somewhat of a story even if it jumped around at times.  Fairy Tail, from what I've read about it online, seems to take the bare minimum of HP's premise, replaces the characters and setting with its own slightly-more-Japaneseque ones, and throws in more females and atypical shonen action/battles spanning multiple episodes and those episodes blocked up into arcs, ala Naruto or DBZ.

I just don't think I can pursue an anime of that kind of sprawl anymore.

Not a knock on the series or its fanbase at all.  I just have other titles I want to commit time to that are quite shorter (thus more manageable) and may offer a bit more depth.

I'm about to prep a list of every last title I own and know, and note those that I feel I can still play in a solo or group game on here in that list to use across all boards.
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Wajin

Quote from: Haruki on January 29, 2015, 03:14:57 AM
Alright, opinion time folks before I hit the sack and mull over this.

I really don't want to get into another long-LONG-winded shounen series.  I did it already with Naruto, and was planning on that being my first -and only- one.  Stopped cold after ep 135 of the original series and its accompanying 3 movies, and decided I had enough of that.  No fillers, no Shippuden, nothing more, and I know (for myself) I chose right.

So I was told about Fairy Tail via PM.  I queued up the first dub episode (I watch dubs, part preference, part necessity) on YT.  Okay, so that was alright...seems charming enough, if a bit juvenile (ie: the fanservice).  But then I look it up on Wikipedia and my eyes got about as big as those -of- a stereotypical anime character.  Two-hundered-twenty-TWO episodes....and counting (it's in its 2nd series of episodes....the first ended somewhere in the 100s)?!?!

Unless I can be convinced otherwise that this is worth it, Uhm.....NO!  Harry Potter already did the whole 'wizards/witches in a magic academy building up their abilities to face off an ultimate antagonist' thing.  Only difference I'm seeing is that HP had a start and end to it and somewhat of a story even if it jumped around at times.  Fairy Tail, from what I've read about it online, seems to take the bare minimum of HP's premise, replaces the characters and setting with its own slightly-more-Japaneseque ones, and throws in more females and atypical shonen action/battles spanning multiple episodes and those episodes blocked up into arcs, ala Naruto or DBZ.

Try watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei instead. Still magic, a bit more grounded in reality, with a hyper Mary Sue, yet strangely likable protagonist
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Morrowclaw

I'll admit that I never liked Anime for a few reasons. One was that there was always some really goofy character doing things not even the most drunk immature person would do. The Father on Bleach turned me away from the series, I just couldn't get gripped by the story when this wacko would drop kick his son and give him a spiel about being ready for anything. My brother recently got very into Anime and he hooked me on Sword Art Online and now I'm binge watching it all on Netflix. I'm only on episode five but I love it so far. Attack on Titan is my next binge, I've been told there's no really goofy stuff in that one.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story