School for the Super-Gifted NEEDS MORE LADIES!!!! LOOKING FOR FRESH RECRUITS!!!

Started by Chreestafer, July 02, 2015, 11:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mia h

Quote from: MaiMizzu on July 04, 2015, 07:13:59 PM
I woujld be interested I think, in a heroine. I think I'd actually like to play a Supergirl-ish character, ya know? What do you think?

Edit: Wait.. do we want canon characters? Or is it just original characters? Or a mix of the two?
If it was cannon characters I think you & would be sorted out  ;D
<-----
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Chreestafer

For size I didn't have anything in mind I'd just like to get a good group interested first to see where it goes.  And well that groups here, hahaha, I'll have some more info up tomorrow. Oni has volunteered as a Co gm.  Any other takers?

I'd also like to keep this an all original characters thing.  If you'd like to reference another cannon character go right ahead though.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Captain Whitebread

I might be interested in assisting.  What would you see as the responsibilities of the GMs/Co-GMs?
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

MaiMizzu

Then I think I'd like to put in for a superstrong/flying/invulnerable type. If thats not to cliche or anything
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Captain Whitebread

F.I.S.S.  Flying Invulnerability Super Strength.  In PS238 they are so common they're given numbers not names.

Angie

Would a technomancer that slowly replaced her body with machinery be okay? Although in that case, she might be a teacher of some subject instead of a student (and possibly made quite a bit of money out of marketing certain, cut-down versions of her own enhancements as prosthetic, with the justification that they only work as well as they do on her because of her power, anyone else would just die-and in this case, she only teaches because it's something to do with her day).

Of course, if that doesn't work, Iron Maiden (okay, different name unless everyone else likes the heavy metal reference as much as I do) is an option.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chreestafer

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 05, 2015, 09:03:46 PM
I might be interested in assisting.  What would you see as the responsibilities of the GMs/Co-GMs?

Basically take over the wheel when I'm down for a few days because my life doesn't like letting me have fun haha.  You, Oni, and myself would discuss ideas, plots, directions we want this you go.  We have final say on who is part of the game, what they are.

Quote from: MaiMizzu on July 05, 2015, 10:53:14 PM
Then I think I'd like to put in for a superstrong/flying/invulnerable type. If thats not to cliche or anything

You can be what ever you'd like luv :)

Quote from: Angiejuusan on July 06, 2015, 12:37:22 AM
Would a technomancer that slowly replaced her body with machinery be okay? Although in that case, she might be a teacher of some subject instead of a student (and possibly made quite a bit of money out of marketing certain, cut-down versions of her own enhancements as prosthetic, with the justification that they only work as well as they do on her because of her power, anyone else would just die-and in this case, she only teaches because it's something to do with her day).

Of course, if that doesn't work, Iron Maiden (okay, different name unless everyone else likes the heavy metal reference as much as I do) is an option.

I actually like the name iron maiden haha
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

Also I'm leaning for this to be free form game but what are some people's thoughts?
Ons and Offs
F-List

Captain Whitebread

There needs to be some (limited) structure, if the characters are all students.  Maybe have a class (combat, dealing with the public etc) followed by some after school shenanigans.  Inter-school sports are always fun too, because there HAS to be a rival school.....

mia h

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 06, 2015, 10:33:30 AM
There needs to be some (limited) structure, if the characters are all students.  Maybe have a class (combat, dealing with the public etc) followed by some after school shenanigans.  Inter-school sports are always fun too, because there HAS to be a rival school.....
I think  Chreestafer meant freeform as opposed to a system game.

I don't imagine there's going to be huge amounts of combat etc. just as long as people are sensible it should be fine.

Angie

Okay, the Iron Maiden will be here. And since the GM didn't immediately smack down the "technomancer who 'upgraded' herself" idea, I'm gonna assume it's okay. Though I will ask again if it's okay to be a teacher.

mia h

I hope the teacher thing is OK as I've got an idea gestating

MaiMizzu

I'm not 100% sold on my supergirlish idea, since some think it's cliche and all. SO I went to superpower wiki and hit random a buncha times, and we're gonna decide what power(s) my gal shall have!
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

jacobjon

There is nothing wrong with taking a cliche concept and making it your own.
"You fight for the wizard?" Black Adam

"I fight for those who can't fight for themselves." Superman

Angie

Captain Whitebread

The Supergirl template leaves a lot of room for Personalization.  You're strong.  How strong?  Can you lift a locomotive or just a bus?  You can fly.  How fast?  Do you have wings?  You're invulnerable.  Does that mean you have skin like iron or does it come from a force field?  How invulnerable are you?

Anybody needing help working on a concept can PM me.  I'll help you pin down your powers.

Oh and I'd go for a free style rather than game based PM. 

zenpai

a living breathing computer. the vision like. micro machines the vibrate at a rate that let him past thru walls. the machines can repair cells and act as his immune system.the other idea is he can hack wifi hotspots. I want him to start off as a logical machine as time pasts he learn emotions 
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Angie

Quote from: zenpai on July 06, 2015, 08:12:23 PM
a living breathing computer. the vision like. micro machines the vibrate at a rate that let him past thru walls. the machines can repair cells and act as his immune system.the other idea is he can hack wifi hotspots. I want him to start off as a logical machine as time pasts he learn emotions

Could potentially be one of my girl's inventions-as if the Iron Man comparisons couldn't be anymore obvious. A learning A.I. that she built to prove that AI is NOT always a crapshoot. Would you be up for that?

zenpai

Quote from: Angiejuusan on July 06, 2015, 08:33:42 PM
Could potentially be one of my girl's inventions-as if the Iron Man comparisons couldn't be anymore obvious. A learning A.I. that she built to prove that AI is NOT always a crapshoot. Would you be up for that?
that were emotions come into play.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Angie

Quote from: zenpai on July 06, 2015, 08:52:45 PM
that were emotions come into play.

Um...my apologies for being slow on the draw, but what do you mean? I'm not sure I follow...

zenpai

Quote from: Angiejuusan on July 06, 2015, 08:54:50 PM
Um...my apologies for being slow on the draw, but what do you mean? I'm not sure I follow...
in my mind emotions are what make us human. so the moment A.I. feels its as good as human. think  about it what sets the limits to how far you will  or won't go for anything...your feeling. no emotions means "that guy did not say hello, so that mean everyone can not say hello. so to fix this problem all human should die." lol   

Angie

So you're saying that me, a technomancer, being involved in his construction would be the beginning of him forming emotions? I get the emotion thing but what does that have to do with my character building him?

Captain Whitebread

I think it's a case of the AI starting to emulate its creator and part of that means developing emotions.  (Yes?/No?)

zenpai

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on July 06, 2015, 10:29:10 PM
I think it's a case of the AI starting to emulate its creator and part of that means developing emotions.  (Yes?/No?)
something along those lines

Angie

Ah, that would work out. This is of course dependant on Cheesy letting us play teachers cause otherwise it wouldn't really make sense for Iron Maiden to be that smart...