Notifications seem to be broken again - PART 2

Started by Beguile's Mistress, December 25, 2015, 09:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

Some are getting through but most are not.  Might have been happening for the last 24-48 hours.

Oreo

I was having the same trouble yesterday and the day before, but I seem to be getting them today.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Beguile's Mistress

I set this thread to be notified of posts in it and it didn't work.  Got no notification of Oreo's post.  Haven't had one in over an hour and PM notifications aren't working either.

Beguile's Mistress

I don't know if it's fixed or not but I have received some notifications.

AmberStarfire

Mine seem to be getting through but I noticed it's not always immediately. Either there's been a delay or when I turn my phone on, then it checks my mail.

Beguile's Mistress

More seem to be coming through now but it's hard to tell if the situtation has been fixed.

Vekseid

Wonder if there was a rush of pm or post notifications and the mail queue lagged? There's no indication of any problems on the mailserver end, at least.

It may also be on gmail's end, if a lot of Christmas e-mails are getting sent, it may have deprioritized E notifications.

Thesunmaid

I use hotmail and I had no notifications and suddenly I got like 10 of them. Pm's and notifications of threads I had already read.  But it was not just e notifications so I am assuming with Christmas it was just a case of too many emails going through the servers.
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: working on them Current Status for RP:Tentatively looking

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Vekseid on December 26, 2015, 10:54:23 PM
Wonder if there was a rush of pm or post notifications and the mail queue lagged? There's no indication of any problems on the mailserver end, at least.

It may also be on gmail's end, if a lot of Christmas e-mails are getting sent, it may have deprioritized E notifications.
I don't know.  Old PM notifications have not shown up as they would have if there was a lag.  I don't know if thread notifications lagged and then arrived.  There could have been overlap.

The mail account is dedicated to E and a few other people.  I also have other email accounts that forward to my account and nothing from anywhere else was delayed or missing.

The only things effected were from the mail server at E.

I guess it's working now.

Vekseid

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on December 28, 2015, 08:44:05 AM
I don't know.  Old PM notifications have not shown up as they would have if there was a lag.  I don't know if thread notifications lagged and then arrived.  There could have been overlap.

The mail account is dedicated to E and a few other people.  I also have other email accounts that forward to my account and nothing from anywhere else was delayed or missing.

The only things effected were from the mail server at E.

I guess it's working now.

Does the mail you get from everyone else combined, across all of your e-mail accounts, amount to a fraction of what you get from E? : p

Google rate limited us sending to you for about a year. That at least seems to have stopped.

Beguile's Mistress

E is at least 90 percent of the mail sent to that account.  I've set up a filter so the notifications with longer posts are not put in spam any longer.  I still get a warning within those, however, that they were redirected from spam.

Actually, things were going pretty well until a day or two before Christmas when I missed some PM notifications from friends.  Like I said it seems to have cleared up again.  Thank you for taking the time to check on it.

Beguile's Mistress

It's happening again.  No PM notification and hardly any others now.  I don't know what is wrong.  Nothing is going to SPAM either.  I'm not surprised.  Nothing is working right for me any longer.

Vekseid

Derp. Sorry I missed this.

Did it start working again shortly after? My mailserver logs say Google accepted over a thousand e-mails to your account on January 5th.

Beguile's Mistress

Vekseid

I found another issue that may have been causing this. It should be resolved now.