[Pathfinder EX] Curse of the Crimson Throne: All the Queen's Men (Application)

Started by PaleEnchantress, November 15, 2016, 04:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

This campaign deals with dark themes such as racial genocide and torture. It has strong BDSM and sexual themes with both heterosexuality and homosexuality between males. The PC's play villain protagonists.

The king is dead! In the Varisian port city of Korvosa, the death of a monarch leads to chaos, and only the Heroes can hope to save the city from its own darkest tendencies. As the rule of the beautiful young queen grows more and more draconian, it's up to a band of bold heroes to stop the spread of tyranny before all of Korvosa is crushed beneath her iron fist.

As the PC's your job is to find these heroes and kill them.

This campaign is the classic Pathfinder adventure path Curse of the Crimson Throne played  from the perspective of those who owe their loyalty to the Queen. Many elements of the campaign have been tweaked from their original story. Foremost Queen (renamed) Atremicia Arabasti's soul and personality have completely merged with that of the ancient blue dragon Kazavon. They are no longer separate entities. In the original they remained separate with Kazavon having only a minute influence on the Queen.  For those not familiar with Pathfinder lore. . .

Kazavon

The followers of Zon-Kuthon, God of Envy, Pain, Darkness, and Loss tend to be a nasty bunch, with a penchant for torture and self-mutilation. Yet not a one of them - including quite possibly Zon-Kuthon himself - has ever come close to the level of atrocity perpetrated by Kazavon, Zon-Kuthon's one-time Champion. Essentially Vlad the Impaler in the form of a sixty foot Blue Dragon, Kazavon disguised himself as a human mercenary and offered to help the nation of Ustalav drive out the invading Orc hordes. Upon his victory, Kazavon set himself up as the dictator of the borderlands area, where he ruled with an iron fist, torturing to death all those who disagreed with him, including many of the soldiers who had served him faithfully up to that point. When his employer tried to rein him in, Kazavon flayed the man alive. He would go on to achieve truly special heights of depravity, holding torture parties, and orgies involving the undead, spreading his influence throughout the entire area, and having entire villages impaled for his entertainment. Kazavon was eventually killed by a party of heroes, but the madness didn't stop there. The pure evil of his soul contaminated his skeleton and threatened to resurrect him. The bones were crafted into seven Artifacts Of Doom and hidden throughout the country; contact with even one of them is enough to drive the wearer down a path of madness, murder, and ultimate self-destruction.

All PC's will be members of the Queen's warrior harem. Any female player characters (Discouraged, but not disallowed) would effectively be harem guardians. The male on male homoeroticism of the situation is going to be played up but any hardcore gay actions are entirely optional. Ultimately I want the party to have a high level of camaraderie all being brother's in arms that were hand selected to serve Queen Atremicia in all capacities. Despite good relations with each other the PC's will be doing very evil actions for a very evil woman. Court intrigue, subterfuge, violent combat, and even the very act of managing a Kingdom will all be part of the game.

(Read this, Important) Details on MxM participation

- Compare the requires level of homoerotic participation to a two girl one guy threesome where the girls are good friends decide to give a "fake lesbian" show and make out for a minute or one feels up the others breasts and tells the guy "These are really nice, you should try them." 

Hardcore mansex is entirely optional, hell, even softcore is optional. At no point will anyone need to fuck or be fucked by another guy.  If, somehow, you end up as a torture/rape victim (which is unlikly to begin with. I have no plans for such things) and you arent the type to like it it would be glossed over and played for drama. You know, like a single line.  Just showing you how bad things were.
- "Your captor even sexually violated you. You can still smell his stench on your body"

What will be unavoidable is situations where the whole party has their dicks out. Particularly harem scenes with the queen. She likes her boys to be "close" so if you can't double stuff, display a little false "gay bravado", even so much as touch another guy, or possibly take a cumshot to the chest, make friendly jokes with other guys in the party "You must have really liked that! Haha I've never seen you cum to hard before" then you're limits are too strict to be comfortable in this campaign.

You can go full balls deep gay, even having a relationship you like and value far more then what you have with the Queen but that's by mutual choice.

One player said "Yeah, I myself I am not 'balls deep' into gay sexual stuff but I am comfortable in 'I am straight enough to touch another guy's junk'" Which is probably an ideal sentiment for those not into gay content.

Details on FxM Participation

Fair is fair, you're not forced into this either since there will be plenty of other PC's willing to do the job.

Mission briefings and debriefings will frequently occur during the group sex scenes. I have several reasons for that. You'll be in the room and getting all the details. You will not have to personally pleasure the queen though she is bound to touch you intimately. We could arrange things like having your hands bound behind your back and an animated dildo working your ass rendering you helplessly lost in your own pleasure while the others do some light mockery of your position.  Also if you are exclusively into MxM I encourage you to talk privately with the other players with what exchanges they are comfortable making with your character.

So full out heterosexual sex is on a similar level of optional as homosexual is. You'll have to skirt the edges but thats it. However the descriptions of other character's heterosexual actions (with the Queen at least) may be harder to ignore. We are all adults I'm not going to ask anyone to keep their intimate actions under spoiler tags. We all know how to skim over a few paragraphs of text. Long scenes, sexual or not that only involve two people will likely be their own thread.

Those who are strictly MxM inclined do have one small advantage. The Queen is less jealous of your relationships with other men than other women. Your Dungeon Mistress also enjoys writing such MxM scenes more. So ultimately sexual encounters with NPC's will be a bit deeper if they are homosexual.

FxF - Lesbians exist in the campaign world and will likely have representation in the NPC population but actual FxF sex is probably nonexistent.

For more information on the base campaign itself there is this page which explains the adventures well and has a free players guide pdf download link on it.

http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/curseOfTheCrimsonThrone

For a rundown of the Kingdom building rules, the PFSRD has this. You do not have to know the entire system, the most important part is what positions your character might be interested in. Obviously Ruler is taken.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/kingdom-building

The interest check thread is now locked, all discussions can go in this thread, but for reference here is the link to the Interest Check.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=258591.0

Characters Creation: Start at level 4, point buy is 25. You may pick two traits and an additional trait if you take a flaw. I would like a small paragraph about how at least one of the traits impacts your character. There is a racial bias against nonhumans in the campaign, but you may still choose to play them. Just know it will impact them socially. 3.5 D&D material is mostly allowed, just ask. I will list the Kingdom leadership role the character wants and  will probably get, but I do not promise you will get that one.

Max HP first level, each level after roll for HP but if it's less then half, take half (round fraction down). So you get the fun of a potential high roll without the scary low roll.

Current Applicants

List of who has been accepted into the game. The roaster is already very large I can make room for no more.

Players who have submitted fully fleshed out characters and are probably in the game for sure.

Artemicia Arabasti and Dungeon Mistress - Pale Enchantress (Occultist Arcanist - Ruler)

Venster Arabast - Zaer Darkwail (Brute Vigilante - Councillor)

Jasmine Sleet - Faeli (Iron Tyrant Antipaladin - General?) [Harem Guardian]

Kennick Enesco - Lockepick (Winter Witch - Undetermined)

Kargash Wolfsnarl - 1651Leviathan (Barbarian/Fighter - Royal Enforcer?)

Prof. Paracelsus Von Hohenheim  - SeraphAzriel (Toxicant Vivisectionist Alchemist - Magister)

Giedon - Rummy Tum Tum (Inquisitor - High Priest?)

Eirrian Shelta - JoanieSappho (Mesmerist - Udetermined)

Edward Kessel - Pockets (Chameleon Unchained Rogue - Spymaster)

Waitlisted Players. I'll do what I can if there is room. If you have a history of group game reliability it will really help.

Foxfyr (Izevel Dolor- Warpriest harem guardian),  VonDoom (power hungry Aasimar bard planes walker)

Additional Tips, Notes, and Houserules

If you're playing with anything that focuses on certain types of enemies. Many foes in the game are Humanoid (Human), Evil outsiders are reasonably involved as well.  For Alignments you'll be fighting other evil, and neutral more then good. However the vast majority of foes are Chaotic so law's powers against chaos are fairly effective.

Feel free to take a character from the adventure path and work them in your background or even replace them with your own version of them.

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, just remind that I am going playing one the canon NPC's albeit reflavored; Venster Arabasti (as 4th level vigilante with brute archtype, so he can do intrique in social persona and then heavy brutal violence in brute form).

Pockets

Bookmarking and placing an interest marker. I have to decide on exactly what I want to play.

Max hit points? Half plus one after first?

And I'm calling dibs on the Spymaster role.
08/02 - New A/A Update

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pockets on November 15, 2016, 05:50:39 PM
Bookmarking and placing an interest marker. I have to decide on exactly what I want to play.

Max hit points? Half plus one after first?

And I'm calling dibs on the Spymaster role.

I'm pretty sure everyone is a spymaster in theory, though I believe you mean in the kingdom position which isn't taken yet. So yay!

Max HP first level, each level after roll for HP but if it's less then half, take half (round fraction down). So you get the fun of a potential high roll without the scary low roll.

SeraphAzriel

Color me interested.  Curse of the Crimson Throne was the first of Paizo's Adventure Paths that I ever read the whole of, and I'd love to try a run through of it from the opposite angle, so to speak.  I own the whole Adventure Path and have read through it multiple times, so I'm rather intimately familiar with the place and the characters involved. 

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 15, 2016, 06:57:57 PM
Color me interested.  Curse of the Crimson Throne was the first of Paizo's Adventure Paths that I ever read the whole of, and I'd love to try a run through of it from the opposite angle, so to speak.  I own the whole Adventure Path and have read through it multiple times, so I'm rather intimately familiar with the place and the characters involved.

Well I'd expect something  interesting from you then. Show me what you've got.

Lockepick

Are you allowing Unchained classes? Not necessary, just checking my options!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Alternative Identity: Butcher

Butcher is a new sort identity/local figure since king became bed ridden sick with his mysterious illness. Butcher is title given by the people who had encountered his rampages in the poorer districts in the city; harassing non-humans, seeking fights where he mutilates or seriously kills somebody or breaked in and then brutally raped women and also pillaged houses in his mad rampage. Guards had tried catch him but for enormous big brute he is darn elusive and even if spotted is darn agile and too fast for them to catch him! Once guards managed surround house he was in but he brutally overwhelmed the guards, killing two, injuring the rest before he ran off injured and disappeared.

He has so far terrorized the poor neighborhood to point every night they close their doors and run for homes when sun sets....as sun sets he most of time comes and hits upon anyone who dares to be in street! Considering guards haven't found him anywhere on city (or seen anywhere else) there is growing tension in non-human poor district that he is let to be than seriously taken as criminal!

Butcher's theme/favorite song what he sings when he hits on alleys of the city (plus Rory Mercury AMV is awesome)

Background

Venster Arabasti was the bastard child of Queen Domina of Korvosa. Because of his otherworldly parentage, Venster was hidden away by his family on the fourth floor of Castle Korvosa, where he lived as a recluse. His only contacts with anyone, were his occasional card games and harrow readings he shared with his half-brother Eodred (his father was varnesti and since he was born he was destined to receive his father's family harrow deck which he got decades ago and has treasured and used them since for readings). Despite these pleasantries, Venster was very jealous of his half-brother, and it took little for his brother's wife, Artimecia, to seduce Venster and then convince him to murder the King. He poisoned the playing cards he and his brother used during their visits, a poison which the King succumbed to.

Once king fell to bed sick with mysterious illness which could not be cured (which could not as king was poisoned with slow working poison), Artimecia then performed secretly a Zon-Kuthon ritual upon Venster before engaging him once more sexually, a ritual which turned him entirely devoted slave to her whims (bound by addicted lust) and thus eliminate any risk of Venster turning against her to expose her plot with the king. But in turn she is slave to Venster's lustful whims (as usual with said rituals), as failure to sate said lust in some regular basis would free him from her whims.

The ritual transformed Venster from a disfigured tiefling bastard to smooth handsome man with suave social skills, with grace and manners which are perfect as is his resolve. However all his carnal, bloodlust, anger and rage is all stored to alternative monstrous brute identity which he needs vent out or else it can bubble into surface of his true identity and take him over in rather ugly consequences. This alternative identity he has named as Butcher, which is fitting as compared to him Butcher embraces and relishes the demonic heritage which Venster haves. Nobody outside the castle knew about his excistence so he started make public appearance under name Venster Arthemis. Working as socialite living amongst non-humans and working as fortuneteller and one who had predicted many good fortunes for everyone or given warnings of bad futures, while sametime he had terrorized in same district, amongst poor, as Butcher and also work in palace as queen's council member (presenting non-humans interests) and standing senechal until original senechal returns or whereabouts are known.

PaleEnchantress

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 15, 2016, 07:20:36 PM

Alternative Identity: Butcher

Butcher is a new sort identity/local figure since king became bed ridden sick with his mysterious illness. Butcher is title given by the people who had encountered his rampages in the poorer districts in the city; harassing non-humans, seeking fights where he mutilates or seriously kills somebody or breaked in and then brutally raped women and also pillaged houses in his mad rampage. Guards had tried catch him but for enormous big brute he is darn elusive and even if spotted is darn agile and too fast for them to catch him! Once guards managed surround house he was in but he brutally overwhelmed the guards, killing two, injuring the rest before he ran off injured and disappeared.

He has so far terrorized the poor neighborhood to point every night they close their doors and run for homes when sun sets....as sun sets he most of time comes and hits upon anyone who dares to be in street! Considering guards haven't found him anywhere on city (or seen anywhere else) there is growing tension in non-human poor district that he is let to be than seriously taken as criminal!

Butcher's theme/favorite song what he sings when he hits on alleys of the city (plus Rory Mercury AMV is awesome)

Background

Venster Arabasti was the bastard child of Queen Domina of Korvosa. Because of his otherworldly parentage, Venster was hidden away by his family on the fourth floor of Castle Korvosa, where he lived as a recluse. His only contacts with anyone, were his occasional card games and harrow readings he shared with his half-brother Eodred (his father was varnesti and since he was born he was destined to receive his father's family harrow deck which he got decades ago and has treasured and used them since for readings). Despite these pleasantries, Venster was very jealous of his half-brother, and it took little for his brother's wife, Artimecia, to seduce Venster and then convince him to murder the King. He poisoned the playing cards he and his brother used during their visits, a poison which the King succumbed to.

Once king fell to bed sick with mysterious illness which could not be cured (which could not as king was poisoned with slow working poison), Artimecia then performed secretly a Zon-Kuthon ritual upon Venster before engaging him once more sexually, a ritual which turned him entirely devoted slave to her whims (bound by addicted lust) and thus eliminate any risk of Venster turning against her to expose her plot with the king. But in turn she is slave to Venster's lustful whims (as usual with said rituals), as failure to sate said lust in some regular basis would free him from her whims.

The ritual transformed Venster from a disfigured tiefling bastard to smooth handsome man with suave social skills, with grace and manners which are perfect as is his resolve. However all his carnal, bloodlust, anger and rage is all stored to alternative monstrous brute identity which he needs vent out or else it can bubble into surface of his true identity and take him over in rather ugly consequences. This alternative identity he has named as Butcher, which is fitting as compared to him Butcher embraces and relishes the demonic heritage which Venster haves. Nobody outside the castle knew about his excistence so he started make public appearance under name Venster Arthemis. Working as socialite living amongst non-humans and working as fortuneteller and one who had predicted many good fortunes for everyone or given warnings of bad futures, while sametime he had terrorized in same district, amongst poor, as Butcher and also work in palace as queen's council member (presenting non-humans interests) and standing senechal until original senechal returns or whereabouts are known.

The Butcher totally seems like a guy who would like hard rock that's aggressive but not necessarily good. He doesn't understand refined taste, he does understand raw adrenaline. He understands going apeshit, and destroying everything in sight too. Carry a few alchemist fire for easy property damage.

Exchanging songs, be sure to listen to the lyrics. I think it Fits Artemicia well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKS6ZuDck-0

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, could purchase few alchemist fire for random arsony purposes but then again he could break into shop and just shoplift stuff :P. Also interesting fact his muscle harness adds +8 to his Str for carry capacity and he has carry capacity of large creature as Butcher (so yeah, he could probably lift wagon and throw it 10'ft at somebody). Party may sooner or later learn who or what Butcher is how things turn out and thus share secret of the secret alias of Venster.

The 200gp for magic clothes is sort must have for brute archtype (or else they get hefty clothing bills) plus also conjure semi-magica clothes (like blindfolds which allow him see through them as he publicly conceals his all three eyes and dresses well where as Butcher dresses like heavy gothic metal fan).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 15, 2016, 07:52:11 PM
Yeah, could purchase few alchemist fire for random arsony purposes but then again he could break into shop and just shoplift stuff :P. Also interesting fact his muscle harness adds +8 to his Str for carry capacity and he has carry capacity of large creature as Butcher (so yeah, he could probably lift wagon and throw it 10'ft at somebody). Party may sooner or later learn who or what Butcher is how things turn out and thus share secret of the secret alias of Venster.

The 200gp for magic clothes is sort must have for brute archtype (or else they get hefty clothing bills) plus also conjure semi-magica clothes (like blindfolds which allow him see through them as he publicly conceals his all three eyes and dresses well where as Butcher dresses like heavy gothic metal fan).

Makes me think of that line of feats from the old 3.0 book about playing monster characters where you got to pick up one person and use them as an improvised weapon to beat an other person with.  Ive sadly never seen a build around it, it think the main issue is people with freedom of movement cant be grabbed so you'd be denied your weapon.

Zaer Darkwail

But then again how many people got freedom of movement access though? Also brute gives some nice special features which allow throw people around by punching them (and around 8th level or so throw medium sized people as improvised weapons if he succeeds grab them).

SeraphAzriel

Alright, I've found my character and role.  One 'Doctor' Reiner Davaulus, Queen's Physician.  A Vivisectionist/Toxicant Alchemist  Did you want me to PM you with more of a backstory/fluff explanation or did you want me to send forth a character sheet?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 15, 2016, 08:18:24 PM
Alright, I've found my character and role.  One 'Doctor' Reiner Davaulus, Queen's Physician.  A Vivisectionist/Toxicant Alchemist  Did you want me to PM you with more of a backstory/fluff explanation or did you want me to send forth a character sheet?

Yes! I was wondering if someone would see that potential there! Well, hopefully ill get both but id prefer the backstory/fluff expectations first.

Also, you did read everything i wrote in the opening post here, right?

SeraphAzriel

Gotcha!  I'll try to work on it a bit tonight, but I'll probably really be able to get to it tomorrow after work. 
And yes I did, and I get what I'm getting myself into.  Because the villains always get the cooler toys.  And Our Girls Are Always Hotter.  I'll make sure to re read it tomorrow as well so that I didn't overlook any details. 

That aside, are you particular about any kind of art or images that we use for faceclaims?  I found a build and body type that I like better than the vanilla one in Pathfinder (I find it a bit bland tbh), but if it's in a style that you dislike, then I don't mind using verbiage in place of.   

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 15, 2016, 08:53:18 PM
Gotcha!  I'll try to work on it a bit tonight, but I'll probably really be able to get to it tomorrow after work. 
And yes I did, and I get what I'm getting myself into.  Because the villains always get the cooler toys.  And Our Girls Are Always Hotter.  I'll make sure to re read it tomorrow as well so that I didn't overlook any details. 

As a Vamp type woman IRL I can confirm. Evil has hotter woman. 

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 15, 2016, 08:53:18 PM
That aside, are you particular about any kind of art or images that we use for faceclaims?  I found a build and body type that I like better than the vanilla one in Pathfinder (I find it a bit bland tbh), but if it's in a style that you dislike, then I don't mind using verbiage in place of.

I don't know what you just said. I prefer not using excessively anime looking art though.
Edit: I looked it up I know what you mean now. Ill post what I and other character are using for their faceclaims. The ones I'm showing I helped the person select in some manner so they all reflect styles I'm able to appreciate

Some Current Character Images.

Rolande

Venster

Venster's Brute

Artemicia

Pockets

Ever have one of those character concepts that you love so much, but trying to decide on his/her combat style is nigh impossible?
08/02 - New A/A Update

Chulanowa

So I'm looking either at a spooky-kinda arcane caster, or a barbarian who is... Damaged.

SeraphAzriel

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 15, 2016, 09:08:48 PM
As a Vamp type woman IRL I can confirm. Evil has hotter woman. 

I don't know what you just said. I prefer not using excessively anime looking art though.
Edit: I looked it up I know what you mean now. Ill post what I and other character are using for their faceclaims. The ones I'm showing I helped the person select in some manner so they all reflect styles I'm able to appreciate

Sorry.  I have odd prose and like to use big words.  It's a thing I do.  :'D  Because I found the perfect look for the character, but, as I feared its in the style that you like the least.  Seeing the big burly male types, I was thinking of something a bit more svelte and androgynous.  But I'll worry about appearance once I've gotten an actual backstory and fluff for you to sink your teeth into.  I think that this biography just might write itself.  : )

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 15, 2016, 10:13:41 PM
Sorry.  I have odd prose and like to use big words.  It's a thing I do.  :'D  Because I found the perfect look for the character, but, as I feared its in the style that you like the least.  Seeing the big burly male types, I was thinking of something a bit more svelte and androgynous.  But I'll worry about appearance once I've gotten an actual backstory and fluff for you to sink your teeth into.  I think that this biography just might write itself.  : )

Oh you meant what my personal taste in men is? Thats so sweet of you to consider! I would never describe my taste as "burly" I don't like body hair but I do like muscular. If they look like they could have come from the cover of a doom metal album or be part of a "The Legacy of Kain" revamp, you are probably on the right track.

That said I have a large collection of favorites if you'd care for suggestions.

Chulanowa

Hmmm. Just noticed that "females discouraged" there at the top. Dunno how I didn't see that before. So, two questions.

1) What would the role of "harem Guardian" entail?
2) Can I see your male image collection?  ;D I have scant pickings in my own folders.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 16, 2016, 12:01:19 AM
Hmmm. Just noticed that "females discouraged" there at the top. Dunno how I didn't see that before. So, two questions.

1) What would the role of "harem Guardian" entail?
2) Can I see your male image collection?  ;D I have scant pickings in my own folders.

1. You mean besides  the ritualistic scarification of your own face and wearing a mask? Well the ability to stand beside the Queen's bed during the harem scenes fully armed and probably making deadpan snarky commentary on the men's performances. Then on adventures "out in the field" you'll be in charge of caring (in a "hands off the goods" way) for "the queen's property"; meaning babysitting a group of men capable of torture/rape/murdering an entire enemy army all on their own. You don't have to be a physical guardian, magic works too. - You take up the role of the least sexualized character in the entire game and probably the one with the most unique interpersonal dynamics between yourself and all other characters, including the queen. I suggest playing up the dark comedy of a servile snarker when it comes to the guys. - Technically you and one of the guys could fall in love with each other and have a relationship. The Only question is "Are you both dumb enough?"

2. Once I know what youre looking for I can link you suggestions. I can link you to one of my many collections, the one on deviant art which is over 100 PAGES of images.

Chulanowa

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 16, 2016, 12:16:09 AM
1. You mean besides  the ritualistic scarification of your own face and wearing a mask? Well the ability to stand beside the Queen's bed during the harem scenes fully armed and probably making deadpan snarky commentary on the men's performances. Then on adventures "out in the field" you'll be in charge of caring (in a "hands off the goods" way) for "the queen's property"; meaning babysitting a group of men capable of torture/rape/murdering an entire enemy army all on their own. You don't have to be a physical guardian, magic works too. - You take up the role of the least sexualized character in the entire game and probably the one with the most unique interpersonal dynamics between yourself and all other characters, including the queen. I suggest playing up the dark comedy of a servile snarker when it comes to the guys. - Technically you and one of the guys could fall in love with each other and have a relationship. The Only question is "Are you both dumb enough?"

2. Once I know what youre looking for I can link you suggestions. I can link you to one of my many collections, the one on deviant art which is over 100 PAGES of images.

Wouldn't be hte first 100-page DA collection I've plowed through. Lemme at it  ;D

Hmmm. Only trouble I have is the facial scarification. Hard to find something that fits. I mean there's always hte option to be like "no, she's scarred, really, trust me"

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 16, 2016, 12:24:49 AM
Wouldn't be hte first 100-page DA collection I've plowed through. Lemme at it  ;D

Hmmm. Only trouble I have is the facial scarification. Hard to find something that fits. I mean there's always hte option to be like "no, she's scarred, really, trust me"

You could always find a pict of her with the mask on. Also the image could be "pre scarred" so we just take what we see and imagine a tic tac toe board carved on her face.

Check out both my "Normal" favorites which tend to be prettyboys with the rare "it's not a hot guy i just liked it" image and "Studly demon" which is where i but the more beefcake and demonic options. My organization is terrible though

Chulanowa

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 16, 2016, 12:30:00 AM
You could always find a pict of her with the mask on. Also the image could be "pre scarred" so we just take what we see and imagine a tic tac toe board carved on her face.

Check out both my "Normal" favorites which tend to be prettyboys with the rare "it's not a hot guy i just liked it" image and "Studly demon" which is where i but the more beefcake and demonic options. My organization is terrible though

Oh, so it's just intersecting lines, and not "Here let my dog snaw in your face"? That could be workable.  ;D In hte meantime, thanks for hte link, I'll see if there's anything in there that can fill in the concept ideas I'd had

SeraphAzriel

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 16, 2016, 12:16:09 AM

Don't mean to be rude with my interjection, but there is Sabina Merrin, who could provide very little friction with the Queen's own tastes.

indarkestknight

Posting to confirm my interest in playing Trifaccia as a magus, just haven't had the time to sit down and hammer out a character sheet just yet.

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 15, 2016, 10:13:41 PM

Eheh. Just my two cents, but personally my character (and I) prefer to play opposite trappy/femme guys for m/m content, so I definitely wouldn't mind if there are some characters in that vein...

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: indarkestknight on November 16, 2016, 05:05:25 AM
Posting to confirm my interest in playing Trifaccia as a magus, just haven't had the time to sit down and hammer out a character sheet just yet.

Eheh. Just my two cents, but personally my character (and I) prefer to play opposite trappy/femme guys for m/m content, so I definitely wouldn't mind if there are some characters in that vein...

JoanieSappho has expressed great interest in playing a trap/androgynous looking guy, so that base is probably covered. A nice base at that since if her character and yours are interested in each other it provides more variety to the inter party relations.

I already see a bit of variety in the complete nature of in character bonds to the Queen. Venster's primary motivation by far is the carnal, and  probably romantic, side of things. He's just far to useful a tool to keep as nothing but a trophy boy. That fact probably is what made Atremicia decide to make a reverse-harem of male lovers who would act as her main problem solving crew, cutting through all political yellow tape. Let everyone think she is being a tart with half a dozen men in her bed and they won't consider that she is using the personal time to put her nefarious plans in motion with them in the midst of all the physical pleasure (and sometimes pain, especially for others).

On the other hand, Rolande seems like he sees his position in the Queen's harem foremost his honorable duty. That he totally enjoys it is a guilty pleasure. "One does not ignore a blessed request to pleasure one's Queen in any capacity. Anyone who would even debate it should have the flesh ripped from their back and be hung by hooks in their bare muscle." (My words based on what I know of Blythe's character). It is his divine mandate, and great pleasure, to bleed for her and the men he could call brothers or lovers.

An other player's character, who I haven't heard from in a while, seems like he doesn't care about love or passion but would sell his body, life and soul for a bit of real prestige and validation. It merely helps that the Queen is the sexiest woman he has ever seen and that he enjoys slander and killing.

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 16, 2016, 04:44:05 AM
Don't mean to be rude with my interjection, but there is Sabina Merrin, who could provide very little friction with the Queen's own tastes.

Sabina is already the poster girl for the Gray Maiden's in the campaign and therefore would be for the female harem guards in Azure Wraiths/Cerulean Shield's. Her being a lesbian would certainly prevent complications too, but it's only one way to go about it. - Any female PC could easily take Sabina's "slot" in the adventure whether they play her close to the original or take some liberties.

If there are no female PC's or none that want to have the ties of a cannon character I plan for Sabina to still be present as a more minor character representing the female harem guardians as a guardian of that area of the castle, ensuring security and privacy, rather then tied to the occupants of the harem.

The defense of the castle as a whole is more the area of The Royal Guard/Senchel, which is Venster, but when seeing to the physical needs of is queen and himself he can't be expected to still be on security duty. Thats what Sabina is there for, or whatever PC replaces her.

Edit: Trying to count who has been actively interested so far. Zaer Darkwail, Blythe, Indarkestknight, SeraphAzriel, Chulanowa, Pockets, Lockpick, JoanieSappho  (If I missed your name, remind me)

There are also at least two others (VonDoom and Faeli) who have said something but haven't confirmed much of anything. That makes up to 10. That's probably too many already. So any more additions after this point better be selling something I *really* like or already have a friendship with me here on E. Both preferably. I'm not actually going to stop accepting potential players yet but the people above have priority and even that list may need pruning

PS: If you are one of the 10 people I mentioned don't preemptively sacrifice your position to help everyone else avoid being declined, unless you weren't serious to begin with.  You could be one of the people I was particularly looking forward to having in the game. I'm sure one or two of them are obvious but there are some brand new names that have made a strong impression on me. That or maybe I don't have to cut anyone in the end anyway. Not enough information to even think about it yet.

Lockepick

I think I'm leaning towards a Witch -- might go Winter Witch. I was thinking some kind of Seer/Diviner for the Court. If there was more content that supported Haruspex -- I'd be all over that shit. For now, I might just include it for fluff.

I was thinking of going for
this picture
. I've always been a huge fan of the play with symmetry here, and giving him a sort of 'otherworldly' and unnatural look.

Though if everybody else is using drawn portraits, I could try to find something else. If I went drawn, I'd likely end up being more feminine looking (though doubt I'd qualify as a 'trap')

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Venster occupied the councilor slot in kingdom builder but he also functions as senechal (sort housekeeper for royalty/palace) as well. Most reason is that queen trusts him and the senechal position happens to be open (as the canon senechal is already hiding from the queen this point since he smells there is weird stuff going around the palace and thus decided take distance to analyze it).

IC my char has very recently (two or less weeks) become famous in the non-human district as nice fortuneteller who also works as counsilor for non-human rights and presents them in the council (ofc his duties are more and less farce as he has no interest for the matter but it helps him be part of non-human community and learn how much they are boiling and know when is time eliminate them).

Not sure is there specific district for non-humans but he could cover the role also as presentative of wealthy middle-class (while terrorize the poor people as Butcher). As his renown ability from vigilante works in 'small neighborhood' atm (max 200 people).

Quote from: Lockepick on November 16, 2016, 09:24:35 AM
I think I'm leaning towards a Witch -- might go Winter Witch. I was thinking some kind of Seer/Diviner for the Court.

Interesting role choice there :). Although considering your foci my char has harrow deck and mostly feat/trait combination ability to use said deck for fortunetelling (I assume any fortunetelling falls to mix of social skills and profession check as one). Your case is probably the official seer title while to my char it's more a hobby (as he has no spellcasting ability or ability cast divinations). But he can twice a week do up honest augury check for future (and himself everyday he draws card for his own forture or future event to get minor buff which he can use anytime on the day).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 16, 2016, 09:28:18 AM
Well, Venster occupied the councilor slot in kingdom builder but he also functions as senechal (sort housekeeper for royalty/palace) as well. Most reason is that queen trusts him and the senechal position happens to be open (as the canon senechal is already hiding from the queen this point since he smells there is weird stuff going around the palace and thus decided take distance to analyze it).

IC my char has very recently (two or less weeks) become famous in the non-human district as nice fortuneteller who also works as counsilor for non-human rights and presents them in the council (ofc his duties are more and less farce as he has no interest for the matter but it helps him be part of non-human community and learn how much they are boiling and know when is time eliminate them).

Not sure is there specific district for non-humans but he could cover the role also as presentative of wealthy middle-class (while terrorize the poor people as Butcher). As his renown ability from vigilante works in 'small neighborhood' atm (max 200 people).

Interesting role choice there :). Although considering your foci my char has harrow deck and mostly feat/trait combination ability to use said deck for fortunetelling (I assume any fortunetelling falls to mix of social skills and profession check as one). Your case is probably the official seer title while to my char it's more a hobby (as he has no spellcasting ability or ability cast divinations). But he can twice a week do up honest augury check for future (and himself everyday he draws card for his own forture or future event to get minor buff which he can use anytime on the day).

The Senechal could fit royal guard or Councillor kingdom leadership role. If you're finding Councillor more appropriate I'll make note of that, leaving royal guard open.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, with my stats I can cover Warden, Royal Enforcer or Councilor roles. I am not attached any of those roles, but so far Warden and Councilor are needed as they give penalties if they are vacant and counsilor's case no holidays/festivals can be announced (Royal Enforcer is for unrest removal and also added loyalty). I think however Sabina wants/covets for position as general in the kingdom (also needs filled as otherwise loyalty is pretty low in the start and general adds for stability).

I imagine various atrocious deeds forces several stability/loyalty checks so need folks cover those roles/rolls somehow.

Rummy Tum Tum

Looks like I'm a bit late, but I am very much interested in this. Thinking inquisitor from a debauched noble family. A man who can be cruel or kind while wearing the same smile.

It is only fair to note that I'm utterly new to playing dnd and the pathfinder system.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Rummy Tum Tum on November 16, 2016, 04:13:27 PM
Looks like I'm a bit late, but I am very much interested in this. Thinking inquisitor from a debauched noble family. A man who can be cruel or kind while wearing the same smile.

It is only fair to note that I'm utterly new to playing dnd and the pathfinder system.

I *did* just get one of my most reliable applicants backing out, You might be in luck, but we will see.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Lockepick on November 16, 2016, 09:24:35 AM
I think I'm leaning towards a Witch -- might go Winter Witch. I was thinking some kind of Seer/Diviner for the Court. If there was more content that supported Haruspex -- I'd be all over that shit. For now, I might just include it for fluff.

I was thinking of going for
this picture
. I've always been a huge fan of the play with symmetry here, and giving him a sort of 'otherworldly' and unnatural look.

Though if everybody else is using drawn portraits, I could try to find something else. If I went drawn, I'd likely end up being more feminine looking (though doubt I'd qualify as a 'trap')

I already figured if I had an actual gay guy join the game his character would probably be the most realistic and naturally manly looking character of all.  Winter Witch would work, you would need a story of why a winter witch is in a warm dry climate.

Or, more likely, your character is a native Varisian (Romani/Gypsy like culture travelers). Being a winter witch is a manifestation of being close to the land even though it's not a particularly cold climate it's still a natural tie.  The Varisian people also have a highly significant cultural tatoos. In fact there are feats where your Varisian tatoos help your spellcasting.

As you might expect given the flavor of this campaign, the rulers and nobility of the land are not descendants of the native Varisian's but instead of their Chelish subjugators.  Artemecia herself was born to Cheliax nobility. She didn't even come to Korvosa until she was a teen. She's known to see the Varisian's as backward and dirty people.

However, the Varisian's are known for their divination. Artemicia would be all too happy to accept a Varisi seer that hates his people and is all too willing to betray them and his heritage. Sometimes the plot writes itself practically.

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 16, 2016, 04:35:19 PM
I *did* just get one of my most reliable applicants backing out, You might be in luck, but we will see.
Yay! I mean, that may be fortunate for me indeed.

PaleEnchantress

Just updated the opening page with more information about who the other players are and who is waitlisted.

If you're someone who has been talking to me or on the threads already and I forgot you, remind me, I'll fix it.

Chulanowa

I think I'm gonna bow out. I appreciate the consideration, and hope y'all have fun  :-)

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 16, 2016, 05:15:58 PM
I think I'm gonna bow out. I appreciate the consideration, and hope y'all have fun  :-)

It's a shame to lose you, but thank you for the well wishes, and likewise to you as well.

On a more humorous note why do I get the sinking feeling that my deviant art collection was the final nail in the coffin for him? Like "Hrmmm this Pale Enchantress is obviously a bit crazier than I thought. . . "

Hunter

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 16, 2016, 05:49:29 PM
On a more humorous note why do I get the sinking feeling that my deviant art collection was the final nail in the coffin for him? Like "Hrmmm this Pale Enchantress is obviously a bit crazier than I thought. . . "

There's crazy and there's crazy.   The trick is knowing which on you are.   ;D

Lockepick

So apparently Witches actually don't get much for Divination, which is always a surprise... I'll take what I can, but I doubt I can go around calling myself a Seer/Diviner -- as much as I love the idea. Party wise: I'd see him as more of a support/toolbox/face. Kingdom Wise: I could go Grand Diplomat, Magister, or Treasurer -- my preference is in that order, but I'm happy to take my 2nd/3rd choice if somebody else wants the role, or if we think one of the other roles are more important for the Kingdom.

The whole Varisian plot sounds good! I'm not sure I'll take those specific Tattoo Feats, but it's still a fun idea regardless. Part of my original thought process was a tundra nomad who simply wanted a better/more comfortable life.

Working on a character sheet now... should I post that here, or PM it when it's done?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Lockepick on November 16, 2016, 08:37:15 PM
So apparently Witches actually don't get much for Divination, which is always a surprise... I'll take what I can, but I doubt I can go around calling myself a Seer/Diviner -- as much as I love the idea. Party wise: I'd see him as more of a support/toolbox/face. Kingdom Wise: I could go Grand Diplomat, Magister, or Treasurer -- my preference is in that order, but I'm happy to take my 2nd/3rd choice if somebody else wants the role, or if we think one of the other roles are more important for the Kingdom.

The whole Varisian plot sounds good! I'm not sure I'll take those specific Tattoo Feats, but it's still a fun idea regardless. Part of my original thought process was a tundra nomad who simply wanted a better/more comfortable life.

Working on a character sheet now... should I post that here, or PM it when it's done?

You could play an Oracle, they work really well for divination

SeraphAzriel

A little something to whet my perhaps fellow player's appetites on what they can look forward to from me.

The Good Doctor

The Visionary

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 16, 2016, 08:58:57 PM
A little something to whet my perhaps fellow player's appetites on what they can look forward to from me.

The Good Doctor

The Visionary

I loved those especially the first one. Allow me to link one from my favorite "band" of all. Not only does it sound right, look at whats it's called

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjjwVXOUp4s

SeraphAzriel

I thought you might enjoy them.  The second is honestly my favorite.  The violin captures that passionate essence that underlies his being. 

Heh.  I actually own one of their albums back home.  Nox Arcana has some excellent atmospheric touches and I definitely commend your choice.

Lockepick

I think I'm going to stick with Witch -- I can never really get into Oracle. I suppose Witches do get: ill-omen, locate object, speak with dead, divination, contact other plane, legend lore, vision, moment of prescience and foresight. So I can have a good batch of divination. I guess it's just hard to imagine any low level character as being a prominent Seer.

Also: How do you feel about a thematic change to the 'Cackle' Hex? Like something that's still just as obvious as Cackle, but not so... cartoony villain? I was thinking something along the lines of an intense stare with a visible foreboding aura and some whistling winds whipping around him (to keep the same audio component).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Lockepick on November 16, 2016, 09:22:15 PM
I think I'm going to stick with Witch -- I can never really get into Oracle. I suppose Witches do get: ill-omen, locate object, speak with dead, divination, contact other plane, legend lore, vision, moment of prescience and foresight. So I can have a good batch of divination. I guess it's just hard to imagine any low level character as being a prominent Seer.

Also: How do you feel about a thematic change to the 'Cackle' Hex? Like something that's still just as obvious as Cackle, but not so... cartoony villain? I was thinking something along the lines of an intense stare with a visible foreboding aura and some whistling winds whipping around him (to keep the same audio component).

Witch is also an issue if you're going to be the face. It doesn't get a lot helping it there, but you have the skill points if not the class skills.

I am all for thematic changed to things so they fit your character better. I also allow little mechanical tweaks to make things you want work for you. "Staredown" is fine just do something somewhat dramaic and it works.

I really need to rexamine witch spell list. There are some very important divination that I know wizards dont get (Augury, Divination, and Commune particularly) As I allow 3.5 mateial there are ways to get those on your class list. I may even let you grab one of them for a trait.  Looking forward to seeing more of your witch come together.

Edit After looking at the witch spell list. WOW! Witches are probably the best diviners in the game! They pretty much get all the great ones wizard/sorcerer gets AND all the great ones cleric gets that wizard/sorcerer doesn't. Blind seer archetype or not the witch chews up the oracles divinitory powers spits them out and laughs cackles at them.

Sadly we lost the pansexual guy who's character I was really counting on for inter party dynamics. Not just because of his sexuality. His personality and abilities were all set to foster things I felt the campaign could use. That said we may have a female harem guard who can do a bit of that.  Ill post about that right after this.

Lockepick

Yeah, now that I'm looking -- they do get a lot. I'm not sure why I thought otherwise... I'm actually just working on my spell list as we speak. I'm happy to go back to a Seer route. Maybe take 'Magister' as my Kingdom role. I'm pretty happy to commit to those official/unofficial roles. Sorry to be so wishy/washy -- please read it as excitement!

I was going to take some social skills, but with a Charisma 14, I'm relying upon Traits to give me them as Class skills, so we'll see. I'm sure somebody else will do it better even if I do go that route.

PaleEnchantress

Blythe has had to back out for very good reasons. I appreciate his consideration and wish him the best. I am so sad to lose his creativity as well as his character itself. I had a lot of reasons I liked what he was playing, such as. .  .

Rolande Marr

Name: Rolande Marr
Race: Human
Class: Cleric
Alignment: LE
Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality: Most individuals think of tyrants or petty manipulators when they think of those immoral individuals that support the rule of law. In Rolande's case, that isn't strictly true. He's unquestioning loyal to the Queen, as he genuinely believes in a strict hierarchy and rule, and he believes the Queen's rule will most benefit his...lifestyle. Ser Marr, being a worshiper of Zon-Kuthon, is addicted to pain--both inflicting it on himself and on others, in exactly that order. He tends to function well in regimented groups, and he can work with others quite excellently if he understands a common goal in mind. This doesn't mean he's kind; it means he understands cooperation in the name of mutual self-interest. He's generally a stoic man; his lifestyle in the worship of Zon-Kuthon has left him unable to be easily stimulated (in any sense, really) beyond rather extreme provocation. His faith & the Queen are his world. He prefers it that way.

Background: Born and raised in Korvosa, Ser Marr was born into poverty. He was raised with hardship, learning that pain was an unavoidable aspect of life...but that if he supported the rule of law absolutely, that pain would not be meaningless, and he could advance himself in station. He was converted into the worship of Zon-Kuthon after showing immense potential when trying for a place in the Korvosan Guard; his painful methods of subdual of a lawbreaker caught the attention of a cleric of the Midnight Lord. Marr was originally a prime recruit for becoming a Hellknight, but the worship of Asmodeus or devils didn't appeal; they did not speak to the feelings of suffering Marr felt and endeavors to recreate. And in their typical heavier armor, he felt they were a bit limiting. He's performed well in the Guard, but he grew complacent and bored with it, looking to advance further. He managed to gain a knighthood for service to Korvosa for breaking up a particularly nasty cult (which gave him more than a little pleasure, given that it also allowed him to take out religious competition), but that didn't feel like enough. He came to the attention of the Queen only recently, recommended as a servant for her by Cressida Kroft, who was uncomfortable with the man for some reason and wanted him well away from her.

In the worship of Zon-Kuthon, Marr feels comfortable in his authority as a knight and with his submissiveness to the Queen, although he respects the faith of Asmodeus. As for his family--he has none that he recalls. He is aware he should have family, but he was on the streets too young to really recall the time he lived with them. Nor does he want to; he views such sentimental attachments as being beneath him now. His only pleasure is pain, and pain is his only pleasure. Now he is reasonably well off; service to Korvosa and his god have been surprisingly profitable.

Front Line Support - In combat he could beat things down really well. He also had many facets of support covered both in and out of combat.

Pansexual - Awesome that his levels of Homoerotica with other members of the harem could go as far as desired while always being real interested in serving The Queen carnally as well. He was a good character for the more daring of the straight guys to play with or to help any gay players feel comfortable, and I never had to worry about being too intimate with him as the Queen.

For God and Country - He started out as street trash and worked his way up through the strict adherence to unforgiving hierarchy. He is loyal to the Queen, Korvosa itself, and his God who are pretty much guaranteed to all be for the same things. He is deeply honored to serve them all in the Queens battle harem. He was very dependable

He's hot - More of a personal bonus for me, I admit.

An Officer and a Gentleman - He really put the lawful in lawful evil. His presence would really help keep some of the more wild characters where they need to be.

Sadomasochist - Had nearly nothing in the way of limitations (Worshipping the god of pain and body modification might do that to you). Leaned heavily into the masochistic side. That he not only would take any sort of pain and damage in his fellow party members place, but probably enjoy doing so would be very helpful to build on the close relationship between all the men. Secondly, when the Queen decides to do something like "Reward" all the men by branding them he would always set the proper mood by seeing it as a really amazing reward.  Those less inclined to write about such things would find it much easier once they saw his lead by example.

Official High Priest of the Kingdom. - A very important role for kingdom building both mechanically and role play wise.

I'm sure we will do fine without Rolande, but I wanted to share my thoughts. This archetype is something any late comers can keep in mind when deciding on a character that could get them off the waitlist and into the game.

Foxfyr

Count me interested. I'm thinking on playing a female harem guardian as a warpriest or something along those lines.

1651Leviathan

I'm very interested in this! I've DMed Curse of the Crimson Throne and always thought it could make for some very hot, evil stuff.

I see there's a waitlist, so I'd love to be added to it. Were I to be moved off it, I'd be looking at a male half-orc or tiefling warrior of some variety (fighter or barbarian, most likely). Blunt, cruel, completely amoral, and utterly loyal. Mostly into women, but certainly not going to object to some male on male softcore as the Queen desires.

Likely concept art below:

Foxfyr

(Image pending revision
to replace snakes with hair)

Izevel Dolor, Female Human Warpriest 4
Character Sheet

Izevel was born and raised among followers of Zon-Kuthon.  As a result she learned to find comfort in pain, savoring the knowledge that it only raises her higher in the eyes of her beloved deity and she spent her life in service to him.  She quickly determined that she would not be content with self-flagellation within the confines of her modest cult; her ambition was to take up arms in the name of the Prince of Pain so that she may share his gift with the world.  There were many who sought to defy her sermons, and none too few of them felt the lash of the spiked chain as a result.

Despite what outsiders would expect from one who has dedicated their life to pain, Izevel is far from being a blood-thirsty berserker.  Pain is a form of reverence, but she does not inflict it recklessly or needlessly at her whimsy nor is it the limitations of her devotion.  The priestess is actually rather charming in her own unique way, particularly to those who have a likewise skewed moral compass; she enjoys fine drink and like-minded company just as much as the next person.  Perhaps even more so.  To those whom she develops a kinship with will find a stalwart ally who will not hesitate to sacrifice herself for their sake.

Between her devotion and adventuring spirit, it was only a matter of time before she learned of Queen Atremicia Arabasti.  Her initial curiosity drew her closer to the Queen and each step in that path strengthened Izevel’s devotion to her.  Whether through happenstance or divine intervention, the day came where she had the honor to be granted the opportunity to meet with her in person and it was a moment that left an indelible mark upon the priestess.  The Queen possessed an aura about her that left her in awe.  In that moment, simply by standing in the Queen’s presence, Izevel felt closer to her God than she had ever felt in her lifetime of service.

From that day forward, Izevel devoted her life in service to the Queen Atremicia Arabasti and it wasn’t long after that she was given the opportunity to join The Cerulean Shields.  She didn’t so much as flinch when she learned of the ritual disfigurement that she would have to undergo to attain the position and her cries of agony as they were performed had a distinctive erotic quality to them.  The resulting scars were a badge of honor, an indelible reminder of her place in life and the greatness she strived to emulate.

PaleEnchantress

Okay, DAHLINGS. I updated the list of players. We have 5 players and a DM, A great party all on it's own. Still with so many interested (and the high abandonment rate of games like this). Indarkestknight has the highest priority for being party member number 6. If he doesn't have a character posted by Saturday though I'll consider someone else who can be more active.

So if he doesn't have a character and sheet Saturday and Joanie or Pockets do we get out #6 from them.

Id say "Foxfyr is in if Saturday night I don't have a character from those three" but I feel like two female guardians is too much overlap.               So instead it's about how fast and good 1651Leviathan is at showing us what he's got us. If he doesn't give me anything then Foxfyr is in. His energy is rather inspiring. 

Everyone not accepted goes on the list in case people drop and we need replacements.

Edit: Oh! How Do I format a link so it it links to a sheet when you click the character name?

Lockepick

You can link to a specific reply within a thread just like you would any other webpage. Right click on the link at the top of the reply to copy the link address, then use the url codes.

Unless you mean mythweavers sheets, then use the url code as noted below

[url=WEB ADDRESS]VISIBLE TEXT[/url]

EDIT: I see we've already got a Magister -- my Witch is pretty Int Heavy, so he'd work well for: Spymaster, Grand Diplomat, Viceroy, and Treasurer. I listed them in the order that I thought they'd fit my dude -- but I'm willing to go with whatever role people think is needed!

JoanieSappho

Okay, got the time finally to sit down and make character, so will be getting him up tonight.
Rough concept; rather immoral halfling opportunist and mesmerist (because I was making a rogue, but then I saw this class and my hypnofetish kicked in) who knows which way the wind is blowing. Seeking to secure a spot under the Queen or one of her high-ranking advisers - very literally underneath them, probably - and also rather keen to abuse his power to 'play' with human men. May either be serving Lockepick's spymaster (in pretty much all senses of the word), or competing with him.

Eirian Shelta, Halfling Mesmerist
(Sheet)
A poor halfling growing up in Korvosa, Eirian quickly learned that the natural order of things had him close to the bottom. While he learned to survive through stealth, theft, and allowing others to use his body, he was far from happy with this state of affairs, even when he was taken in by a small group of Calistrians. While they had certain things in common with the halfling, he was well away that his feminine features and surprisingly large manhood were a large part of why they accepted him, especially when they put him to work as a courtesan.

Not that he found the experience unenjoyable most of the time, simply unsatisfying, especially the expectation of servitude he was faced with, which seemed increasingly foolish as he realized just how soft and weak the minds of those around him truly were. As much for his own enjoyment as for actual gain, Eirian quickly turned his growing powers onto those around him, the feminine halfling's gaze often enough to bring the humans around him to their knees - very literally.

After taking control of his little group of Calistrians, the halfling turned his attention to the city around him, just in time to see the changes that had come over the queen. Knowing how events were likely to play out, he quickly aligned himself with her, offering every service that she wished of him, no matter its nature, from providing information to allowing himself to be violently ravished for her enjoyment. He knows where the power in the city is, and has made every attempt to make himself indispensable to her.

SeraphAzriel

Chulanowa

Foxfyr

I didn't realize a harem guardian had already applied. ^_^;

If a spot does open up for Izevel, let me know. I would love to be a part of this wicked adventure.

1651Leviathan

Alright, I'm going to link what I've got! It's getting late, so my plan is to add a physical description and personality tomorrow. On that note, if anyone has any good pictures of attractive orc males, I'd love to see 'em. It's a real challenge finding them...

Kargash Wolfsnarl

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1012108

Note, it's a work-in-progress, but the essentials are there.

Backstory:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Long ago, the orcs of Golarion were united under the dark banner of Kazavon. They spilled forth from their holds under him leadership to rape, pillage, and conquer as they pleased. When Kavazon's fortress of Scarwall was infiltrated and the dragon slain, the orc clans scattered back to their rugged homeland, but they have not forgotten their years of glory.

Kargash Wolfsnarl has been the beneficiary of that history. Born from the brutal coupling of the chieftain of the Black Sun clan with a Shoanti captive, Kargash was fighting from the moment of his birth. To survive amidst his full-blooded kin, the half-breed had to demonstrate that he was stronger than the rest. The young warrior revelled in the violence he caused; it made him feel alive. Well before reaching adulthood, he had slain one of his half-brothers, thereby cementing his place as a 'true' orc. He proved a successful warlord in his own right, leading raids against the neighbouring clans, and cutting a bloody swathe along the Varisian border.

Kargash was content to rise, his prideful eye set on claiming his father's place. But then fate intervened. The old shaman of the Black Sun clan perceived a vision of a great blue dragon looming tall over one of the humans' hated cities: Korvosa. As a half-breed, Kargash could travel freely through human lands, and so he was ordered to depart for Korvosa and determine the truth of the shaman's vision. Kargash snarled his displeasure at the task: his place was winning honour and glory in battle, and besides, the old legends were just that.

Arriving in Korvosa, however, Kargash found another calling... His strength and brutality are of great use to the authoritarian Queen, and he has strong reason to suspect that she herself is the root of the shaman's vision. He has sworn an oath of service to her, and dreams of blood-soaked conquests carried out by his hand in her name. Whether the orc has been ensnared by her powers or serves willingly is a mystery, perhaps even to himself.

Trait Descriptions:
Bred for War: Every waking moment of Kargash's life has been preparation for battle. He has hunted man and beast alike, but the greatest struggle was among his own people. Competition and violence were rife, and only the strong were deserving. Kargash has proved himself with his bare hands, his tusks, and his blade. As a consequence, he has little patience for the subtleties of other races. In his time in Korvosa, he has had to suppress his instinct.

Survivalist: Raised in the rugged wilderness of Belkzen, and often ranging across the Storval Plateau, Kargash is well-acquainted with fending for himself. He likes to live rough and ready, spurning many of the more opulent features of human society, suspicious that they will make him weak.

Bloody Minded: Kargash is not simply proficient at violence. He actually revels in it. The half-orc is a beast of simple pleasures: he likes fighting and fucking, and the order is not entirely clear.

Proud: The half-orc is not one to suffer an insult or indignity lightly. He does not hold by any civilized code, but he lives according to his own more primal form of honour, and it dictates that he take revenge for such things. He has learned, however, that the humans see things differently, and so he growls and struggles to keep his rage in check. He succeeds at refraining from violence, at least. Mostly.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: JoanieSappho on November 17, 2016, 08:17:54 PM
Okay, got the time finally to sit down and make character, so will be getting him up tonight.
Rough concept; rather immoral halfling opportunist and mesmerist (because I was making a rogue, but then I saw this class and my hypnofetish kicked in) who knows which way the wind is blowing. Seeking to secure a spot under the Queen or one of her high-ranking advisers - very literally underneath them, probably - and also rather keen to abuse his power to 'play' with human men. May either be serving Lockepick's spymaster (in pretty much all senses of the word), or competing with him.

Eirian Shelta, Halfling Mesmerist
(Sheet)
A poor halfling growing up in Korvosa, Eirian quickly learned that the natural order of things had him close to the bottom. While he learned to survive through stealth, theft, and allowing others to use his body, he was far from happy with this state of affairs, even when he was taken in by a small group of Calistrians. While they had certain things in common with the halfling, he was well away that his feminine features and surprisingly large manhood were a large part of why they accepted him, especially when they put him to work as a courtesan.

Not that he found the experience unenjoyable most of the time, simply unsatisfying, especially the expectation of servitude he was faced with, which seemed increasingly foolish as he realized just how soft and weak the minds of those around him truly were. As much for his own enjoyment as for actual gain, Eirian quickly turned his growing powers onto those around him, the feminine halfling's gaze often enough to bring the humans around him to their knees - very literally.

After taking control of his little group of Calistrians, the halfling turned his attention to the city around him, just in time to see the changes that had come over the queen. Knowing how events were likely to play out, he quickly aligned himself with her, offering every service that she wished of him, no matter its nature, from providing information to allowing himself to be violently ravished for her enjoyment. He knows where the power in the city is, and has made every attempt to make himself indispensable to her.

Right on! You can probably have the spymaster position to yourself. Perhaps Lockepick will be interested in treasurer. I do love the occasional small feminine sadistic boytoy. Those he seduces will be so sure they are in charge of everything, when they are really setting themselves up for a very wicked ending.

Zaer Darkwail

Looks quite interesting cast :). For pretty half-orc pics here is couple (the pretty part can debatable on a personal taste);

Pics

Faeli

Background: Jasmine ("Min") was born to an Armorer named Garil Sleet and some bitch/whore.  In actuality, Min's mother wasn't either of those things, but since Garil was the one who raised Min and, since he consistantly referred to her mother as a bitch or a whore, that was the way Min learned to think about her mother.  This caused Min, as she grew up, to consider women who allowed men to put babies inside them to be weak and worthless and so Min very quickly made the decision to become strong and independant, to be someone who asserted their power rather than someone that was controlled by it.

Garil wasn't a smart man and, as a result, he considered spending his hard-earned money educating his daughter to be a waste.  He was, however, a strong man.  He was a blacksmith and specialized in making armor.  Long, grueling hours at the forge had made him a unyielding bulk of muscle and, as Min grew and was able to give more and more meaningful assistance in the armor-making process she grew to be increasingly physically imposing.

As Min hit adolescence, Garil had the epiphany that, by forcing his daughter to compete in knightly tournaments, he could drum up sales of his armor.  After all, she was a girl, so she was expected to lose.  If she lasted a little longer in the ring before she lost, then everyone would credit his armor!  For several years, Min's life was split between helping her father make armor and then wearing some of the created armor in tournaments and trying to last as long as she could.

Garil's plan wasn't entirely without merit, as people did see how well the armor (and Min) took a beating, but it also reinforced Min's understanding that a strong person can and should do whatever they wanted to a weaker person, and hardened her resolve to stop making herself into a punching bag.  As she transitioned from a teenager to a woman, her body began filling out as well as bulking up and Garil repeatedly had her armor reforged, each time with more and more attention paid to her figure.  Despite loud protests, the senior armorsmith forged nipples onto his daughters breastplate and insisted the flashier and more obvious her gender was made, the better it was for their (his) business.

However, while this was occuring, Min was beginning to become a real force in the tournaments and it was becoming more and more common for her to make it deep in the meets, making the top four or even the finals.  After several such tournaments (and an excessive amount of bruised ego from her male opponents) Garil recieved an offer from several of the shamed knights for a significant sum of gold in exchange for a chance to put Min in her place.  Daril, who had always seen his daughter as a means to more money, rapidly agreed and let allowed the contingent of knights to have their way/revenge with his daughter.

The next morning, Min awoke with a new resolve.  She knew she was stronger than her father, and with more fight experience.  She knew Daril hadn't ever respected her mother because he just saw her as a cock-warmer and she wasn't going to put up with the same treatment.  She steeled herself, donned the gauntlets from her armor, and proceeded to beat her father within an inch of his life.  Then she beat him the rest of the way.

With the "Min-rape" money he had accepted the night before, Min disappeared from the hamlet she had known all her life, seeking to make her way to the capitol.  She had learned that the strong get to do what they want and the weak have to deal with it, so it was time for her to enter tournaments and prove herself the strongest there was.

Over the next several years she did just that... well, at least the enter tournaments part.  She wasn't quite the strongest there was but she was able to do well enough to get by.  If money ever ran critically low, she discovered she could challenge some of the stupid boys in the various taverns she frequented to duels and put her body up as a wager.  Sure, she had to pay up from time to time, but boys always thought themselves a lot stronger than they actually were, so it was a reliable way to earn some quick cash. 

For several years, she lived and trained in this manner, until she gained enough prestige as a scrapper and a brawler to be invited to an Imperial Tournament.  There, she met the pinnacle of power, the woman whose very gaze defined subserviance and unmade men with a quarked eyebrow.  While Min had gone through her life hating men for thinking themselves superior to women, her first impression of the Queen left her shaken and feeling inadiquate.  She knew, instinctively, that while she had been able to rise to surpass her father and her fellow knights, the Queen was a personage that was as inaccessible to her as the very clouds and stars beyond.  She knew that all she could hope for was to elevate herself in the Queen's eyes and support her in the future she saw for the company and... through long months and years, she did so.

In ways she didn't even understand, the Queen noticed her.  Promoted her.  Made her a member of the Queen's Personal Guard.  She asked much and gave little... but she could have asked all and gave nothing and Min would have felt content.

Personality:  Min distrusts men.  She sees them as little more than animals that allow their libido to dic(k)tate their every move.  She doesn't despise them, but she considers them something to be kept in line and brought to heel.  She absolutely bristles at being demeaned or disrespected by inferiors, but if someone is provably stronger than her she considers it her natural place to please them and obey them.  She likes sex, but most of her experience is rough and she isn't very good at forming an emotional attachment.  She really likes grapes.

Lockepick

@Joanie & GM: If Joanie's guy would fit Spymaster better -- I'm not committed to the position. If we're both in the team to start -- I'm happy to switch to something else. Treasurer isn't really the best fit for my guy (outside of having a high Int) -- but that could be a fun story in itself. Putting the wild nomad who only recently started even using money in charge of your banks? Sure! :)

If I'm in the game to start, and Joanie's isn't, and then they join in later -- we could always shunt positions around based on what happens.

@Faeli: I think you may have spent too much gold. (+2 Belt, 4K) + (+1 Armor, 1K) + (+1 Shield, 1K) + (+1 Weapon, 2K) = 8K alone, and that's just with me rounding down and ignoring the base prices for that stuff. I believe starting money for L4 is 6,000.

Zaer Darkwail

Faeli's char is 5th level, so she needs quite bit editing to be done but otherwise looks okay and I like her char :).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Lockepick on November 18, 2016, 09:14:01 AM
@Faeli: I think you may have spent too much gold. (+2 Belt, 4K) + (+1 Armor, 1K) + (+1 Shield, 1K) + (+1 Weapon, 2K) = 8K alone, and that's just with me rounding down and ignoring the base prices for that stuff. I believe starting money for L4 is 6,000.

She's level 5. She starts One ahead of you, but wont stay a level ahead.
Quote from: Lockepick on November 18, 2016, 09:14:01 AM
@Joanie & GM: If Joanie's guy would fit Spymaster better -- I'm not committed to the position. If we're both in the team to start -- I'm happy to switch to something else. Treasurer isn't really the best fit for my guy (outside of having a high Int) -- but that could be a fun story in itself. Putting the wild nomad who only recently started even using money in charge of your banks? Sure! :)

Treasurer, indeed, doesn't seem like a good fit. Im sure we will find something. It seems out of character, even if the queen doesn't feel you any less worthy because of your heritage that she would put you in charge of finances.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on November 17, 2016, 11:34:51 PM
Alright, I'm going to link what I've got! It's getting late, so my plan is to add a physical description and personality tomorrow. On that note, if anyone has any good pictures of attractive orc males, I'd love to see 'em. It's a real challenge finding them...

Kargash Wolfsnarl

Character Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1012108

Note, it's a work-in-progress, but the essentials are there.

Backstory:
Long ago, the orcs of Golarion were united under the dark banner of Kazavon. They spilled forth from their holds under him leadership to rape, pillage, and conquer as they pleased. When Kavazon's fortress of Scarwall was infiltrated and the dragon slain, the orc clans scattered back to their rugged homeland, but they have not forgotten their years of glory.

Kargash Wolfsnarl has been the beneficiary of that history. Born from the brutal coupling of the chieftain of the Black Sun clan with a Shoanti captive, Kargash was fighting from the moment of his birth. To survive amidst his full-blooded kin, the half-breed had to demonstrate that he was stronger than the rest. The young warrior revelled in the violence he caused; it made him feel alive. Well before reaching adulthood, he had slain one of his half-brothers, thereby cementing his place as a 'true' orc. He proved a successful warlord in his own right, leading raids against the neighbouring clans, and cutting a bloody swathe along the Varisian border.

Kargash was content to rise, his prideful eye set on claiming his father's place. But then fate intervened. The old shaman of the Black Sun clan perceived a vision of a great blue dragon looming tall over one of the humans' hated cities: Korvosa. As a half-breed, Kargash could travel freely through human lands, and so he was ordered to depart for Korvosa and determine the truth of the shaman's vision. Kargash snarled his displeasure at the task: his place was winning honour and glory in battle, and besides, the old legends were just that.

Arriving in Korvosa, however, Kargash found another calling... His strength and brutality are of great use to the authoritarian Queen, and he has strong reason to suspect that she herself is the root of the shaman's vision. He has sworn an oath of service to her, and dreams of blood-soaked conquests carried out by his hand in her name. Whether the orc has been ensnared by her powers or serves willingly is a mystery, perhaps even to himself.

Trait Descriptions:
Bred for War: Every waking moment of Kargash's life has been preparation for battle. He has hunted man and beast alike, but the greatest struggle was among his own people. Competition and violence were rife, and only the strong were deserving. Kargash has proved himself with his bare hands, his tusks, and his blade. As a consequence, he has little patience for the subtleties of other races. In his time in Korvosa, he has had to suppress his instinct.

Survivalist: Raised in the rugged wilderness of Belkzen, and often ranging across the Storval Plateau, Kargash is well-acquainted with fending for himself. He likes to live rough and ready, spurning many of the more opulent features of human society, suspicious that they will make him weak.

Bloody Minded: Kargash is not simply proficient at violence. He actually revels in it. The half-orc is a beast of simple pleasures: he likes fighting and fucking, and the order is not entirely clear.

Proud: The half-orc is not one to suffer an insult or indignity lightly. He does not hold by any civilized code, but he lives according to his own more primal form of honour, and it dictates that he take revenge for such things. He has learned, however, that the humans see things differently, and so he growls and struggles to keep his rage in check. He succeeds at refraining from violence, at least. Mostly.

*Trying to resist urge to allow a 7th in, saving throw DC rising*

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 18, 2016, 03:17:59 AM
Looks quite interesting cast :). For pretty half-orc pics here is couple (the pretty part can debatable on a personal taste);

Pics

Number one, number three and number 5, well hello!

1651Leviathan

Alright, I'm posting the final version of Kargash. My chances may be slim, but I enjoyed writing him, if nothing else!

Kargash Wolfsnarl
Sex: Male
Race: Half-orc
Class:Barbarian/Fighter
Alignment: CE
Sexuality: Straight-ish
Preferred Kingdom Roles:Royal Enforcer, General, Marshal.

Appearance: Kargash is a wall of solid muscle and barely-restrained ferocity. A powerful specimen of his kind, the half-orc seems to be hewn from granite, every corded muscle of his frame clearly defined. He has a warrior's physique, with broad shoulders, thick arms, and honed legs. His stone-grey skin is latticed with black markings, jagged and ritualistic: the tattoos of his clan, each one a celebration of his deeds. Mixed in amongst these are several long, pale scars across his chest.

Kargash has a handsome face, in an orcish way, with a strong, thick jaw, slightly jutting chin, and prominent tusks. High cheekbones and dark eyebrows give him a serious look, while his blood-red eyes are intense and fierce. He wears his hair long at the top, drawn back in a warrior's topknot, while the sides are kept shaved. His cheeks are bare, though he sometimes allows black stubble to spread across them when he is in the field.

If he is on the Queen's business, the warrior is typically clad in fearsome black plate armor, a gift for his service. The armor adds mass and stature to the already-tall male, so that he seems to tower imposingly over all but the tallest of men.

Personality: Kargash is a curious addition to the Queen's battle harem, for he has no attachment to Korvosa, or indeed to humans at all. He views the lowlanders of Korvosa as weak and luxurious. Yet still he serves. He is driven in part by his lust for Queen Artimecia and in part because her exceptional power has led him to believe that she is destined to lead him to his own greatness. He must often choke back his pride, but the stoic half-blood is willing to do what he must to obtain his goals... And if he gets to slaughter some rebellious humans in the process, he certainly won't object.

Backstory: Long ago, the orcs of Golarion were united under the dark banner of Kazavon. They spilled forth from their holds under him leadership to rape, pillage, and conquer as they pleased. When Kavazon's fortress of Scarwall was infiltrated and the dragon slain, the orc clans scattered back to their rugged homeland, but they have not forgotten their years of glory.

Trait Descriptions:

PaleEnchantress

Okay Updated the first post again to link everyone's character sheet for ease of viewing, hopefully I did it correctly. Still need Gideon's and Paracelcus's character sheets.  Kargash is a maybe at this point, please give me your input as players or as people who DM too. How hot for half orc dick are we?  :P

I was thinking of opening the game itself on Monday.

Pockets

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 18, 2016, 12:07:43 AM
Right on! You can probably have the spymaster position to yourself. Perhaps Lockepick will be interested in treasurer. I do love the occasional small feminine sadistic boytoy. Those he seduces will be so sure they are in charge of everything, when they are really setting themselves up for a very wicked ending.

Hey, I called dibs on Spymaster. And I should have at least my short and sweet bio up tonight.
08/02 - New A/A Update

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Pockets on November 18, 2016, 04:39:29 PM
Hey, I called dibs on Spymaster. And I should have at least my short and sweet bio up tonight.

Technically Joanie was here first but maybe the three of us can discuss it.  I think Kerrick can thematically make a great marshal even if his ability scores arent great for it. I had wondered if maybe we'd lost you.

Pockets

08/02 - New A/A Update

JoanieSappho

Statwise, Shelta would work as a diplomat, but him actually getting the position is something else. And I'm fine with him being under the actual spymaster.
ifyouknowwhatimean

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: JoanieSappho on November 18, 2016, 08:19:36 PM
Statwise, Shelta would work as a diplomat, but him actually getting the position is something else. And I'm fine with him being under the actual spymaster.
ifyouknowwhatimean

Hmm such a good boy you are. Perhaps he will map you out and plunder your treasures. We will see about the diplomat position though, it might fit.

Pockets

Edward Kessel

Edward Kessel
Edward Kessel lives and dies by two things. Money and Contracts. Everything else revolves around that. His loyalty comes with a price tag, a steep, steep price tag. But once his loyalty has been purchased, it doesn't waiver. If someone offered him the right amount to kill his own mother, he'd do it. Assuming he knew who his mother was to begin with.

Edward is a master of many things, including disguises and the art of the deal. When in doubt, err on the side of caution. And for the love of your particular deity, don't try to double cross him. Things haven't ended well for those who have tried.

Edward is particularly vain and as such wears a white porcelain mask to protect his face and his identity. After all it wouldn't do for his identity as one of the Queen's assistants to be called before a magistrate for murder.

Edward dresses as much for function as he does for comfort and appearance.

Edward grew up as a street rat in Absolom until he was taken in by a guild of assassins. However, they were the religious sort and Edward worshiped a different god. Gold. However, that soon changed when he learned of the worship of Asmodeus, God of Contracts, Lies, and Trickery.

His journeys soon brought him to the attention of the Queen. A deal was made and he was given relatively immense power in exchange for being her boytoy and silent assassin.

Note: Subtract 303 gold for a masterwork garrote.
08/02 - New A/A Update

1651Leviathan

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 18, 2016, 06:29:18 PM
I think Kerrick can thematically make a great marshal even if his ability scores arent great for it. I had wondered if maybe we'd lost you.

There's also always the Magister role for an arcane character. Maybe a bit dull, but it's there!

PaleEnchantress

Okay Im letting in both Edward Kessel and Kargash Wolfsnarl.  I don't know if I'm ambitious or crazy.

Also "Edward" nice charsheet and image, very well made.

No more, everyone else can apply for the waitlist.

Lockepick

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on November 18, 2016, 09:32:16 PM
There's also always the Magister role for an arcane character. Maybe a bit dull, but it's there!

Somebody else already has Magister, sadly. That would have been my first pick.

Faeli

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 18, 2016, 10:28:08 PM
Okay Im letting in both Edward Kessel and Kargash Wolfsnarl.  I don't know if I'm ambitious or crazy.

Could be both!

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Lockepick on November 18, 2016, 11:37:28 PM
Somebody else already has Magister, sadly. That would have been my first pick.

When you meet the professor you'll understand. It's where he was meant to be, no one else fits better and he fits no where else.

That said what do you think about warden. The idea that you use divinations to keep track of the distant lands and whats going on there.

Lockepick

I didn't mean to come off as criticizing! I was just explaining why I didn't go that route.

The theme of Warden isn't terrible (even though at L4, I can't actually use any divination to keep track of distant lands) -- but it's really tough for me to go from offering a +6 Bonus (Int) to a +1 Bonus (Con). If we can double on jobs, hilariously: we'd get a greater net bonus by me ALSO being a Magister/Spymaster than we would between my bonus as Warden and the Vacancy Penalty I'd be offsetting.

I'll settle and pick whatever in the end -- but I don't think it's really worth discussing too much until we have the final group of selected players. Since Kennick might not even be there, and less of the roles will be taken up.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I give short list of roles which we are missing atm (plus effects what their absence or presence means) and I make some assumption that Faeli's char (Jasmine Sleet) covers role as a general (she can fluff/background events wise be harem guard but she has duties of general as well and in pathfinder kingdom building wise she covers that spot).

Consort: No vacancy penalty, but adds half of charisma mod for loyalty and if for whatever reason ruler is absent (or unable to act) then consort than cover ruler's spot so long a check for loyalty or unrest. I imagine that pre-set the queen covered role of consort but is now making transition to be ruler of the kingdom (considering she is not popular she gets hefty penalty on the checks and results determine how much unrest or stability is lost).

Grand Diplomat: -2 to stability (adds charisma or inteligence to stability of the person), he is the guy who deals with outside relations and without said guy you cannot initiate negotiations or any meetings with foreign government bodies or rulers (nor send people explore).

Heir: Functions same as consort basically and by default we have no heir(s) yet.

Marshal: -4 economy (adds dexterity or wisdom to economy), considering queens goals to bolster economy she needs someone cover this position. This position presents as guy who deals with protecting kingdom borders and keep/enforce law and order in the kingdom backwater areas (basically away from large settlements).

Treasurer: -4 economy and you cannot collect taxes (so thus kingdom gains no income whatsoever), a rather critical role in regards gaining more wealth to the crown. Adds inteligence or wisdom to economy.

Viceroy: A ruling presentative in another country, so when you conquer country you need assign viceroy as guy in charge or else new conquered country has penalties with lack of ruler.

Warden: -2 to loyalty&stability, adds constitution or strenght modifier to loyalty. Works as guy who secures and enforces laws in large settlements (capital example) and concentrates protecting the rulers from angry mobs with pitch forks.

So far as I can tell Royal Enforcer example has no penalty with vacancy and said guy works both for Marshal and Counsilor and also has neat caveat to give right to regular citizen to kill in name of the crown. Just suggesting that if 1651Leviathan is not attached to be royal enforcer he could be marshal (it would fit for barbarian/figther and also gives tremendous boost to economy and his dex mod is +2 so not bad). However he could work as unorthodox warden (ruling with iron fist or what not as intimidating police chief sort figure).

For Lockepick he statically can work as treasurer (you need someone handle the stuff or else you cannot collect taxes from the peasants). Albeit he is not local and is sort from tribal background but that all can serve queen's interest to have 'smart guy but not one who understands civilization' and thus can easily snitch gold from coffers without him even blinking it as amoral thing :P. But then another ideal role for Lockepick's char is grand diplomat role (he is foreign native and so thus ideal guy to deal with tribal people or other foreign embassy people as he has social skills and bit decent charisma for it). Just my musings, but in end he could cover role of marshal or warden (as to both he has minor ability modifier and he negates the vacancy penalties, I think as warden he has social/investigation/divination tools to track down rebels/criminals in capital as warden or in wilderness as marshal).

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Lockepick on November 19, 2016, 09:26:49 AM
I didn't mean to come off as criticizing! I was just explaining why I didn't go that route.

The theme of Warden isn't terrible (even though at L4, I can't actually use any divination to keep track of distant lands) -- but it's really tough for me to go from offering a +6 Bonus (Int) to a +1 Bonus (Con). If we can double on jobs, hilariously: we'd get a greater net bonus by me ALSO being a Magister/Spymaster than we would between my bonus as Warden and the Vacancy Penalty I'd be offsetting.

I'll settle and pick whatever in the end -- but I don't think it's really worth discussing too much until we have the final group of selected players. Since Kennick might not even be there, and less of the roles will be taken up.

Well firstly, My list of players is the final list. Kennick is in the game, no question.

Second, no role can be filled by more than a single person, no person can fill more than a single role. In the parties interactions with NPC's you may find worthwhile allies. These NPC's can be convinced to join our side (but not the harem) and can fill empty rulership positions. - Securing the loyalty and cooperation of these NPC's is something the party faces should consider. Even the Butcher might find "YOU ARE A GIFT TO MY QUEEN. SERVE WELL OR ILL RIP YOUR BALLS OFF AND FEED THEM TO YOU!" to be a way to get someone's attention.  You never know.

However for roleplay purposes I will probably make a houserule that a player (and only a player not an NPC) can be someones assistant in the position for a flat +2 bonus to what they provide. It's like "Aid another" for  rulership. This is for if you don't have a role you really want to fill at all but don't mind being some other guy's boy. If anyone does this it's all the more reasons to recruit reliable NPC's since it means more vacancies.

The parties first mission doesn't really leave to much potential for diplomatic tactics. Everyone is too young, too stupid, too violent, or too crazy and they certainly aren't the type we want running our government. But the second task is able to be done through social interaction even easier then violence and there is at least one NPC of note to consider.  He isnt bad looking so even if you attack him you might score points with Artemicia if you bring him back to her for her to enjoy torturing to death. SO many possibilities.

SeraphAzriel

I just realized that there's a full blown Rogue in the party...

Pssst, hey Pockets you wanna be flanking buddies?  :D 

But damn.  We've got a small army going on here.  Plenty of front liners, good back row support.  I'm very much liking how this party is shaping up! 

Zaer Darkwail

And my guy duals in role as social diletante and also front line brute (albeit dangerous one in party as if there is nothing to fuck/kill he turns upon the party unless you all go aid another action to help me roll will save to break off from Butcher form). Iron Will and greater are on list of feats to get in future but for now focused more on his harrow deck and also get decent Ini score.

Lockepick

I mostly joking about doubling up in a category. I think I'd rather stick with Grand Diplomat. I can get some of the same themes that I like from being Warden, but I actually offer some real bonus there -- plus I can play off the divination and enchantment from witches to be a sort of threat there. I think with most of the party having Charisma 18 -- Kennick isn't the best at the skill Diplomacy, but a Diplomat's job would be more than just that check. It also seems like one of those positions we really need to keep our options open -- like how we really need a Treasurer.

I didn't realize all those people were actually accepted! Are we going to breaking into two parties? Or is the entire squad of 8-9 (not sure if Artemicia is coming with the party) going on each mission?

EDIT: I added the 'Cold Blooded' Flaw -- as well as the Witty Repartee Trait to give him Bluff as a class skill.

Zaer Darkwail

Artemicia will not join on 'adventures' but give via orgies her instructions and assignments.

SeraphAzriel

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 19, 2016, 05:39:13 PM
Artemicia will not join on 'adventures' but give via orgies her instructions and assignments.

Best 'debriefing' every.  ; D

Also, regarding going Grand Diplomat Locke, you might take a look at Clever Wordplay and Bruising Intellect.  They let you key off Diplomacy and Intimidation with Int instead of Cha, respectively!

Zaer Darkwail

I myself consider taking Hedonistic drawback, albeit not sure what trait to pick to go with it. Got race/combat related traits picked so far.

SeraphAzriel

At this point I'm still trying to figure out overall stats and where the traits are going to fit into that.  It's most definitely very hard to get stats that fit the character as you envision them.  XD

Lockepick

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 19, 2016, 05:59:00 PM
Also, regarding going Grand Diplomat Locke, you might take a look at Clever Wordplay and Bruising Intellect.  They let you key off Diplomacy and Intimidation with Int instead of Cha, respectively!

Hmm! That's really nice! Now I'm considering working in Additional Traits to get some extra stuff. Though I need to pick a single Social skill -- not sure if I should go with Diplo or Bluff...

SeraphAzriel

Well if you're going Grand Diplomat, Diplomacy is right there in the name, and we do have a large hulking brute you could tow around to make him look more fearsome yet!

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, my char can be big hulking brute but problem is that by time you attempt to talk things....Butcher is already using his knuckle sandwhich diplomacy skills.

SeraphAzriel

Intimidate doesn't necessarily only entail words.  Shattering a stone column with a bare fist could suffice.  Or smashing a table, throwing a mook through a window, that sort of thing.  Actions speak louder than words after all.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, Butcher can cover that part pretty well. But do note that he can be max 6 hours per day in given form so rest 18 hours (or well, 12) he is suave talking muscular stud fortune card reading counsilor who has so far highest diplomacy skill modifier (at least so far as I had seen). Also thanks his renown ability everyone in non-human areas are default one category friendlier towards him.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 19, 2016, 07:02:48 PM
Yeah, Butcher can cover that part pretty well. But do note that he can be max 6 hours per day in given form so rest 18 hours (or well, 12) he is suave talking muscular stud fortune card reading counsilor who has so far highest diplomacy skill modifier (at least so far as I had seen). Also thanks his renown ability everyone in non-human areas are default one category friendlier towards him.

I just thought of how Artemicia has a monster inside her too, although one she completely controls because that monster is her. I wonder how everyone will react to her soul not only being part (male) dragon but what specific dragon she is.

Honestly looking at the party I imagine the reaction to simply range from "This is a most fascinating development" to "HELL FUCKING YEAAAAAH! *blazing heavy metal chords*"

There is nothing wrong with Kennick being Grand Diplomat but I was thinking Eirrian fit that like a condom. He can use his eyes, ass, or mouth for negotiation.The mouth is particularly multi purpose even.

Edit:
Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 19, 2016, 05:39:13 PM

It will be one group of 8.  Artemicia will not join most adventures but the "grand prize" of the treasure at the end of the first adventure is a magic item she had stolen from her that allows someone to call a projected image of her for 30 seconds every day.  She might join for a few adventures herself. Mostly of them the later ones, like the temple of Zon-Kuthon where she can tell the two bickering priests you're supposed to seek guidance from "Fuck off! I know this place better than either of you." or One I may add/alter where you help her assemble the Crown of Fangs.

Lockepick

I think I'm going to bow out then.

I apologize for all the conversation about Kennick to no avail -- but I was under the impression it would be a smaller party. 8 players in a DnD game on a play-by-post, with no posting speed requirements, all pretty much sounds like we will be in the first combat for easily months and quite possibly, literally years.

I'm also feeling like my character choice isn't exactly blending well with the party -- between attractiveness of my model and the inability to find a niche.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Lockepick on November 19, 2016, 07:53:55 PM

I apologize for all the conversation about Kennick to no avail -- but I was under the impression it would be a smaller party. 8 players in a DnD game on a play-by-post, with no posting speed requirements, all pretty much sounds like we will be in the first combat for easily months and quite possibly, literally years.

I'm also feeling like my character choice isn't exactly blending well with the party -- between attractiveness of my model and the inability to find a niche.

I haven't said it yet but combat has a 48 hour limit per phase before your turn is skipped. Your model is hot, if my character had a dick id want to titfuck him.  If you want to bow out, though, I won't stop you. It was a nice idea, you and your character, at least.

Pockets

Quote from: SeraphAzriel on November 19, 2016, 06:32:07 PM
Well if you're going Grand Diplomat, Diplomacy is right there in the name, and we do have a large hulking brute you could tow around to make him look more fearsome yet!

MASTER BLASTER!
08/02 - New A/A Update

Rummy Tum Tum

Quote from: Lockepick on November 19, 2016, 07:53:55 PM
Damn, that's a shame. I was looking forward to playing with both you and Blythe some more in this game.

Kinda had it in my head that of the men, Kennick would be Giedon's favorite, and he'd lavish him with attention, most of it not at all gentle.

But yeah, whatever choice is best for you.

1651Leviathan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 19, 2016, 10:11:26 AMJust suggesting that if 1651Leviathan is not attached to be royal enforcer he could be marshal (it would fit for barbarian/figther and also gives tremendous boost to economy and his dex mod is +2 so not bad). However he could work as unorthodox warden (ruling with iron fist or what not as intimidating police chief sort figure).

His strength is a fair bit higher than his dex, though I'm still tinkering with the sheet, so I suppose that could change. I could definitely switch to Warden, though. Peace through cowing the populace and all that.

PaleEnchantress

Tomorrow I'm going to do the opening post for the RP thread and open the OOC discussion thread. The Queen had been planning a (relatively) small scale banquet to cheer her husband up but the King, sadly died, just a few days before it.  It brings a unpleasant atmosphere to the evening and helps sell the idea that Artemicia would never have designed such a badly planned event if she knew the King would be dead.

All of you, save for three, have been invited formally to the banquet. The three who didn't get formal invites are:

Venster: He already lives in the castle and is it's his job that evening to announce things as they happen, such as when everyone is to move from the common area to the banquet hall. Or when the Queen is arriving and everyone should stand.

Kargash: He is a heavily armored figure to one side of the Queen. The armor is probably something he isn't fond of but it concealed his identity for now while striking a very imposing figure.  He has already sworn his loyalty to The Queen and probably caught on that Artemicia is planning "an orgy" for herself later in the evening but not the specifics.

Jasmine: A heavily armored figure to the other side of Artemicia. Unlike Kargash she is comfortable in her armor and knows very clearly what Artemicia plans on doing in inviting many men to meet her in a noble villa secluded on the palace grounds after dinner. Her harem of elite warrior loveslaves. At this point Jasmine has already taken her full vows to Artemicia to guard her and her harem with her life and remain completely detached from the pleasures of the flesh represented within.

The rest of you have met the queen at least, she is aware of what your skills are. You probably have even had a private audience with her once where she spoke of various uses she had for one of your skills and hinted at a sexual attraction between you. You may have pledged your loyalty already. It's up to you if you've shown up at court and have any presence yet.

The Banquet will be short. It's not a great opportunity to role play with the movers and shakers of Korvosa since most outrank you to the point of not wanting to speak to you. We will have to have one of *those* parties later. They can be fun. I'll seat a couple NPC's at your table though so you can do a little small talk with each other and an important NPC or two.

Any alternate ideas for an introduction you'd prefer, complaints or requests?

I am considering merely describing how the banquet went allowing you to meet The Queen at the requested area, make your introductions to her and each other and receive The Queen's offer. The proceed to consummate your service and receive your first mission. There isn't too much to do at the Banquet but I don't know if it might be a Rp Faux Pas to open a game in the bedroom.

Pockets

I was going to have a separate starting thread, to which I had intended on inviting Seraph along for. I was thinking that the Queen is already moving to have certain people offed. Not necessarily the big players of the game, but some of their key aides. Emeric can off specific targets and help bring in others for Seraphs character to quietly work for information for inside information. Then the two of them can get the formal invitation to the banquet. But if that's out, I'll figure something out for an opener.
08/02 - New A/A Update

1651Leviathan

Quote from: Pockets on November 20, 2016, 04:33:11 PM
I was going to have a separate starting thread, to which I had intended on inviting Seraph along for. I was thinking that the Queen is already moving to have certain people offed. Not necessarily the big players of the game, but some of their key aides. Emeric can off specific targets and help bring in others for Seraphs character to quietly work for information for inside information. Then the two of them can get the formal invitation to the banquet. But if that's out, I'll figure something out for an opener.

Enchantress can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that our characters haven't yet been given our lofty official titles. So we're not spymasters, generals, etc until she deals them out?

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 20, 2016, 04:09:59 PM
Kargash: He is a heavily armored figure to one side of the Queen. The armor is probably something he isn't fond of but it concealed his identity for now while striking a very imposing figure.  He has already sworn his loyalty to The Queen and probably caught on that Artemicia is planning "an orgy" for herself later in the evening but not the specifics.

Per our PMs, I've retooled Kargash as a full barbarian. That said, he can totally be wearing heavy armour just for the theatrics of it. He's just gonna be uncomfortable!

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on November 20, 2016, 05:21:52 PM
Enchantress can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the idea is that our characters haven't yet been given our lofty official titles. So we're not spymasters, generals, etc until she deals them out?

Per our PMs, I've retooled Kargash as a full barbarian. That said, he can totally be wearing heavy armour just for the theatrics of it. He's just gonna be uncomfortable!

Yes, your titles aren't official yet and the idea of everyone having their own intro thread terrifies me.

The heavy armor was meant purely as a disguise. Your meat will probably be swinging next time though.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, updated Venster to have hedonistic drawback (fits for him). Took a third trait and also added couple of alchemist fires for some random Butcher initiated arsony. Trait chosen is Avid Reader (as Venster did read a lot in his secluded tower room before queen seduced him).

PaleEnchantress

Later today im going to open the RP thread. I think Im going to open at the villa ready for you all to show up n response to a note you recieved at dinner.

Any objections have until I post to make themselves known

JoanieSappho

No objections, but Shelta will probably be thinking that he's been 'invited' mostly to be passed around after the meal.
It wouldn't be the first time.  :P

PaleEnchantress

Locking this thread, you may now find the.I'm a very experienced player but I'm not very experienced at Dming on a thread. Hoping I did a good job. Oh what am I talking about, I'm a goddess in real life my jobs are always divine.

IC Thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259036.0

OOC Thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=259037.0