Virulant Voodoo (Nimbalt and Skylarke)

Started by Nimbalt, December 25, 2012, 06:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimbalt

Long had the Tribe of Moro made it's home upon this island, draped in such thick mist spewed forth from vents around the mountain base, a once active volcano, where caverns of water met with hot rock with chasms venting the mist, to protect from the harsh sun, and prying eyes. Long had the blood of Moro been faithful here, shrines to the local loa's giving them protection from all for generations beyond count. The jungle trees concealed several shrines, save for Beth'ekk's who rose to the top of the central mountain, statues of obsidian in her honor. At the base of this mountain, was the entrance to Moro'mar, the realm beneath the mountain, dimly lit to any not native or acclimated to these underworlds.

It was here that the chief resided, deep within, having been blessed to find a mate, though the poor Sin'dorei did not particularly know how blessed she was, or perhaps she just didn't agree. Twice blessed was he now, that his mate had come to be with child, an heir to his ancient blood. Deep within the caverns she stayed with disappointment, however, this was not her story.

Shorak, a fiery maned jungle troll, lean but not without strength, for his own kind, a perpetual grin hidden behind small, upward curved tusks, and deep purple eyes. This, perhaps goofy figure, lanked his way through the caves to offer his services, he had known this woman, and knew that she would not wish to stay here. He came to the mother and offered his services as a zul, or by common term, witchdoctor, to aid her to speed up the process. The woman gladly accepted, and Shorak called forth the spirits, to hasten the growth of the child in her belly, to swell and grow and be born faster.

Shorak succeeded... He succeeded so much that he failed, but he did not know it. The baby grew at an incredible rate, within a month, the baby was born, strong and healthy, the mother, more than happy to leave, she fled back to her life, the father distraught, but had a daughter now, a beautiful baby girl was born, black of skin, heavy, and strong at birth, with brilliant blue eyes.

Kitak thought he had done well, and offered to aid the chief, the chief gladly accepted any aid, and Kitak took the baby when needed to care for it. As fate turns though, it's wicked humor fell upon the shaman, as war broke out, calling away the chief and his warriors, leaving Kitak not in charge, but his daughter in the trusted man's care. It was, in this comical fate that he would notice the child, was still growing at a faster rate. It was remarkable really, her father's blood showing in her size for her age, at first, but after she was walking within a month and getting ready to talk, he uncovered his mistake, but there was not he could do about it. He taught the little girl as she grew at her rate, her mind eating it at a rate to match her growth, her mind growing as fast as her body, if her attention willed it to.

Several months in, she was the same as any girl in the range of 7-8 years of age, waking up in her bed in Kitak's cave, himself sprawled half hanging out of his hammock. Luckily, the maids and mothers were willing to donate or quickly make clothes to keep up with the growing chief's daughter.
Last night I had a dream
In this dream, I saw a koala
The Koala was dancing and waving glow sticks in the dark,
I never said this dream had meaning...

Skylarke

Sun'ali laid in her hammock and thought to herself.  The quiet of the early dawn the perfect opportunity as no one in the tribe had yet stirred, distracting her with their actions.  She had been increasingly aware the last couple of days that she was unlike the other children but had pushed it to the back of her mind when she let herself think of it at all.  A lot larger, but with a more delicate build. She knew it had to do with the difference in her parents.  Her father, the Chief, she remembered him vaguely. But what she did remember of him was as a huge presence when ever he looked in on her.  Her mother,  she knew nothing of, except what the others and Shorak chose to tell her.  A Sin'dorei, an elf. With hair as red as the liquid fires that seeped deep within the mountain, and a temper to match.  Her mother had fled though as soon as she had birthed the halfbreed. She had not been told, but when she grew up, she would find her mother and ask her the reason. 

As with any child her age, even with the accelerated growth, her mind soon was distracted with the next thought of playing in the raptor pens. A whole new clutch had been hatched the other day and they were still clumsy and filled with energy enough to match the growing troll girl.  She had grown particularly fond of the largest in the clutch. A bright orange, and one that seemed a bit more intelligent then it's clutch mates.  It would work out the path the girl seemed to take and meet her, no matter which direction she took, while it's smaller mates would hover near each other and then flee with squeaks and grunts as Suki played Predator to their prey.  She would giggle and sit down, her pockets full of raw meat in apology to them for giving them such a start, the small raptors climbing all over her as young dogs would for her attention and the food she offered. The bigger one, standing nearby, already having been given it's share when it had found her *hiding place*.  The whispers she heard spoke of this young raptor's egg being laid by the same dam that had laid the egg of her father's favorite war mount. The giant black male as intelligent as it was ferocious.

A sound from the other side of the small cave that was Shorak's home caused her to giggle.  Her *uncle* was snoring and as her vivid blue eyes adjusted to the darkness on that side of the cave she grinned mischievously.  He was half hanging out of his hammock, one leg and arm dragging upon the stone floor.  Perfect playground for that nest of rock spiders she had found the night before. Now if she could only figure out how to get them from there... to here.  She was still giggling as she rolled from her own hammock, only to frown as she looked down at her clothing.  She had grown... again.. over night and what had been almost to big for her when she went to sleep, was now snug and looked two sizes to small.  She sighed, almost forgetting the prank she had been planning, though another loud snort from Shorak quickly brought her attention back to the task at hand as with another giggle she ran out of the small cavelet and into the main hall of the larger cavern that the tribe called home.

Finding the small circular webbed nest, about the size of a coconut, was not a problem, and with a bit of cloth torn from her clothing she plugged the holes and clutched the nest to her. The movements she made causing the normally nocturnal insect like creatures inside to wake up, the sound of their clicks and squees just audible to her sensitive ears. Sneaking quietly back into Shorak's cave, though from the sounds he was making it was obvious quiet stealth would not be needed, she did try very hard to muffle her giggling, she placed the nest just under his ankle where his foot dragged the ground, pulling the cloth from one hole, she sat back on her haunches and watched, as the first of the spiders scurried their way from the nest and in their panic and the unfamiliar area, they started for the closest thing they could climb in their path to safety.  That, coincidentally, being the leg of one sprawled out, snoring quite loudly, sleeping witchdoctor.  Soon as about half the nest would have made its hurriedly way up his leg, she was unable to contain her giggling any longer and with out worrying about the end results already picturing his fumbling awake in her mind she scurried out of the cavelet and through the cavern to make her way out and to the raptor pens.  A particularly large orange raptorlet already on its way to meet her and get the first larger share of the raw meat she snagged from the closest fire she had passed. 

Any who saw her would perhaps wonder at the silly grin upon her face as she ran by them and would wonder who her mischievous mind had made a target of her pranks this time.  And perhaps... they would have some small sympathy for said target.
'Listen my child', you say to me
'I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call and I'll set you free'

Nimbalt

The wondering, would end abruptly when there was a hollering from deep within the cave village as Shorak woke jumping up and grumbling screaming after her. He would settle back in a bit later. That girl, she's gonna have to learn! He settled in and first off went about grooming himself before finally grumbling and looking to that nest.

He broke from his cave rubbing the sleep from his head till one of the many rocks hidden in the darkness stubbed his toe. Hopping along holding one foot he tripped into one of the tribes women who had been helping him. After a discussion it was decided that She would work on sewing up a set of clothes progressively bigger and deliver them to his cave. Meanwhile he was on the hunt for a certain girl to discipline for a certain prank. It was likely easy enough to follow the girl based off just the notice of the tribe, leading out to the raptor pen, where he would sit back and watch her playing for a bit. After a while, he decided that overt punishment might very well backfire with the rate she was growing in particular.

Shorak headed into the jungle cutting herbs and gathering them up, he then headed to collect up a fish or two... or five. She was a growing girl. He then set up a small fire near the beach, he scaled, gutted, and prepped the fish with herbs that would normally be used to help someone use the outhouse. All but two fillets were given these herbs. While they cooked, he got up and headed back to the raptor pen. He leaned against a tree for a moment more watching her play before whistling "Come on brat! joo get ja butt ova heya"
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

At Shorak's voice Sun'ali looked up and grinned, giggling she patted the little raptor on it's head then ran over to her uncle Shorak.  "Joo sleep well?" she asks, trying for a look of innocence though the small giggles would point a guilty finger at her even if he didn't know the mischief she seemed to find.

She continued to try and act innocent as she stood by his side, her head lifted and her nostrils flared. "Ah smell fish.  Joo make us breakfast?"  Her whole attention riveted on the idea of food, even her stomach seemed to be in agreement as it rumbled loudly to remind her she had yet to eat.  She giggled and then rushed past him following her nose to the fire he had set up.  She skidded to a halt just at the ring of stones circling the firepit and watched the fish cooking avidly, looking over her shoulder as if checking to see how close Shorak was behind her she had been in mid reach for one of the fish but upon second thought, or maybe due to his close proximity she drew her hand back and instead settled on bouncing in place. "Joo di'na tell me joo gonna go fishin.  Ah wanna go fishin wid joo."  She did then start to reach forward unable to withstand the scent of the cooking fish any longer. Cooking their food was not necessary, but it did add a certain aroma and even a change in taste that Sun'ali preferred over the less cooked or even raw meal.

Nimbalt

Shorak came up behind her and scooped her up onto his knee as he sat down "Meh didn' go nah fishyin', meh got dese from da udda fishers... bu' we go tomorra, okies?" he reaches forward making sure to grab her the fish with the herbs on it and offer it to her "all bu' un fa joo, meh tummy dun like da flavorin, but joo can has it" He grins and nuzzles her cheek a moment "ad fa how meh sleep..." His eyes narrowed on the little girl "let jus' say... Shadra nah like her childin's bein used fa pranks, joo gonna has ta go make joo respects ta her..." he winks "bu' meh dink it funneh"

He pulled out the only non-tainted fish to eat at it along side the growing girl. "t'ough, today weh gots somedin impo'tant ta do, joo gotta pick a loa joo gonna beh servin, ja?" He chewed for a moment then looked out to the sea then back to her "joo know da loa of dis island?" His head tilted away from her, an eye raising to prevue her response.
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

Sun'ali giggles as she is scooped into his arms and settled onto his knee.  Snatching the first fish from his hand she just about inhales it, her rapidly growing body and metabolism reminding her stomach how much it was hungry. Her eyes water slightly as the heat of the fish sears the sensitive skin inside her mouth.  Speaking as she tries to suck in air at the same time to cool off her mouth, she is barely understandable. "Jooneetoeattoo" she pokes him in the belly.

Sun'ali lowers her eyes slightly chastised as he mentions the loa Shadra and nods. "Ah do dat as soon as ah finis' eat'n" she leans forward and slips off his knee to grab yet another fish, her consumption of the second one only slightly slower then the first, the fish, bones and all, disappeared quickly down her throat.  As she started to reach for the third she turned her head to look up at Shorak at his question, furrowing her brow as if trying to think before she shook her head. "Ah know liddle of Shadra only" she continued to watch him, but her hand was slowly inching towards the third fish.  The last one left as Shorak took his one with no herbs.  She settled down at his feet, her face turned up, her expression keen as she waits for him to tell his story, the apt attention of a child waiting to hear of adventures and excitement.  Her stomach gurgled suddenly and her face seemed to drain of color, then with no words she darted to her feet and ran into the woods, the third fish, three quarters gone already, the only evidence she was even there.

Nimbalt

Shorak grinned as she ran off, he would take to eating his own fish. After a while he'd yell into the bushes "Hope dat nah Shadra' curse, ja?" He grinned so much to himself, ear to pointed ear. He waited a while after finishing eating. He got up and came to lean on a tree closer to her so he wouldn't have to yell but still giving her privacy.

"Shadra id da lady of all spida's. She id mighty an' powaful. Her famileh id like an armeh, but her tactics are devious. She spin webs, o' magic ova da world in shadows, trappin 'er enemehs befa dey even know dey stuck." He nodded to himself before stroking his fiery hair. "Bu' she also grant blessins upon women dat wanna beh muddah's grantin dem fertility, nah ad much ad a spidah but... den da gal would pop anehway" He started to cackle maniacally a moment then looked over his shoulder "how joo doin in dere?" He grinned "joo needin medicine?" He thought for a moment more "joo feelin like doin a field trip taday round da island o' weh gonna have ta put dat off?"

A moment of almost remorse passed over Shorak. It was a quick moment and then passed by like the flutter of moth wings.
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

Sun'ali soon popped her face from the bushes, her face very pale and almost as light as her Sin'dorei mothers, the blue eyes staring brightly and with a solemn cast to them as she looks upon Shorak. "Ah must go and make sacrifice, ah did not tink she mabeh not like wat ah did wid her babehs" she was shaking lightly as she emerged completely from the bushes and sidled up beside Shorak. Though at his words of a field trip it seemed her coloring was coming back pretty quickly, the resilience of youth amazing in the face of adventure.  "We can go to Shadra's shrine jes? Please?" she gave him a smile then gasped and slipped back into the bushes once again. Her voice softly carried from within foliage. "Mabeh en ah liddle bit" 

He would be able to hear her muttering little bits of what may have been telling Shadra she was sorry and would not use her children for pranks on her uncle Shorak again.  She was silent for a while after that.  Except for the occasional sound of the herb Shorak used on her fish taking effect now and again.  Her sped up growth rate having caused the effect so much faster, also allowed it to pass just as quickly through her body, as did the natural fast metabolism they possessed.  She was soon poking her head back out of the bushes.  Her complexion back to normal but her eyes seemed to hold a serious thought as she looked around for Shorak.

Nimbalt

Shorak had decided it was best to give her some time and went about gathering up a replacement meal.  He waited till she came out to offer her a leg of wild raptor with a smile "Afta dat, joo gotta beh hungreh" He smiled waiting for her to take it. He looked around once "So, joo wanna see Shadra shrine? dat good, et back in da caves, towa'd da lowa levels." He looked at the young girl then rumpled her head. She was a cute little thing after all, and rather resilient, if a bit of a troublemaker. Shorak stopped and thought a moment before openly laughing to himself. The realization he to was a bit of a troublemaker, maybe that's where she got it from.

He shook off the laughter then looked at her "So, wha' joo dinkin' Shadra would beh wantin ad a sacrifice?" He finally said, curious what the little girl would think. Shadra, the spider, perhaps she'd enjoy bugs? That was again, laughable. There was a dark energy about that loa that made this whole thing a bit dangerous, but to trolls, nothing was safe.
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

Sun'ali smiled as she spied Shorak, the seriousness of her expression still there beyond the smile.  Different and more adult like then the normal little girl thoughts of running off to play tag with the raptorlets or some of the other children in the cave.  She glanced at the leg of raptor and only paled slightly, her stomach rumbled to prove she was hungry, but she did not rush to take the meat, hesitantly reaching for the leg and just holding it as she nodded to Shorak.  "Ja.  Ah would go dere"  she glanced at him questioningly as he took on an amused state for a moment but when it disappeared and no explanation came forth she forgot it just as quick.  She puckered her brows as she thought hard about Shorak's question.  "Ah know one ting. Et back in meh papa's cave"

As she started to walk back towards the entrance to the rather extensive cave unit the tribe made as their home she kept her eyes peeled to the ground, searching for something.  She paused suddenly, one ear twitched and she lifted her nostrils to scent, nodding she held up a hand to Shorak and whispered  "Wait 'ere"  then started to creep forward.  She pushed off the lightly marked trail and stepped into the bushes, freezing suddenly as she spied her prey. A small weasel like creature, though not as long and more plump sat watching its small younglings tumble around the entrance to their nest underground. She tossed the leg of raptor halfway between them and herself.  It was a soft toss, but still made enough of a noise that the mother made a sharp chirp noise and the little ones darted quickly down the hole, at a speed that was almost to hard to follow with the eye, the mother close behind.  Sun'ali though had been expecting that, and knew soon enough with no other sound given their curiosity would draw them back out if not the scent of the meat. She waited moments and was soon rewarded with a nose, then a small head poking out of the hole.  The mother slowly emerged, her small eyes looking around, the nose sniffing the air, the large ears swiveling to catch any sound.  Sun'ali remained perfectly still and watched, her only thought that uncle Shorak would make no noise to scare her targets away.  She had heard the small playful sounds the kits made while walking and immediately thought of the larger spiders on the island and how she had watched them lay in wait for these creatures to pass their underground lairs. Their blood would do well for a sacrifice along with the other item she planned on giving to Shadra. 

Having had some time to serious thoughts while Shorak's prank went through her system she had once again realized she was not quite like the other children.  She grew faster then them. And while she had not recognized that fact before, it had led her off to explore the island alone more often then not.  As she outgrew her troll playmates her attention turned to the other denizens of the island and despite her playfulness and seemingly unending boundless energy she had spent many an hour lying and watching the activities of the many creatures on the island. From the tiniest bug to the large felines that were rare, but did reside upon the island. Being very careful to keep her presence hidden, especially from the few tigers and crocolisks that also called this island home. Though the latter usually did not venture to far inland, except along one of the streams that met the sea.  She realized she was perfect prey for them and took extreme caution.  Having heard that a child or two had wandered to far and either the tigers or crocolisks had finished them off. 

Sun'ali had been watching the small creatures avidly as they caught sight of the meat and made their curious way towards it.  She waited a few seconds as they realized it was food and started to tear into it then made her move, with a pounce that had a lot in common with the predator cats she studied she cleared the distance between her and the large rodents as they tore into the leg of raptor she had strategically placed within reach of her pounce. She managed to snatch one before they all chirped and scampered for their hole.  The one she had snatch did not have much chance, before its siblings and mother had even reached their safety Sun'ali had already twisted its neck and ended its struggles.  She turned then and with a satisfied grin she made her way back to Shorak's side. Holding up the creature rather proudly.  "Ah 'af one more ting to get still" she turned and with a bit more pride in her walk she started off again towards the cave, and home.

Nimbalt

Shorak blinked then patted Sun'ali's head and squatted down. "dat beh a good sacrifice dere... dough, joo gettin big 'nough, if joo wanted, joo could almos' beh a priestess, o' a shrine maiden ja?" He winked and leaned in licking her cheek, closest you can get to a kiss when you have tusks. "Shadra would beh luckeh ta has joo worshippin' 'er" He nods then watches as she starts to leave. He stands and moves to follow "wha' else joo needin?"

The caves twisted and turned, forming a network of homes and communal living areas before dipping even further down in certain areas to a bathing area, the forges, and, the shrines. Both Hir'eek, and Shadra's shrines were nestled awayy here. Shadra's with a priestess at all times to offer aid to the tribe, and give reverence to the loa, and pray her wrath never comes. Shorak however was not sure where they were going and instead just watched the girl wander ahead of him.
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

Sun'ali beemed proudly at his words and giggled as he *kissed* her cheek.  "Ah tink ah like to be a shrine maiden.  Joo tink Shadra be upset doe iffn ah also 'elp at Bet'ekk's shrine?" she looked over her shoulder as she continued through the cave system.  She stopped suddenly and sighed softly.  "Ah wish papa was 'ere"  and she stepped into her father's cave, heading to the small alcove where a tiny nest like bed set up against the wall. It was surrounded by small toys made of various bones, some even made rattling noises as she shuffled them around before giving a triumphant noise and held her up hand which clutched a rather chewed up toy. 

She then made her way to a small box tucked into a hole within one of the cave walls.  She  stared at the box a moment then opened it up and withdrew a necklace.  It seemed to give off a soft red glow and as Sun'ali made her way back to Shorak's side he could see it was made of dozens of small stones, rubies, that seemed to hold within them a fire of their own.  Wrapped around the necklace was a thick strand of red hair. Sun'ali glanced up and gave a rather solemn look to Shorak, though it was also filled with determination. "Mama made it and some of 'er 'air. And meh fav'rit toy as a babeh. Ah 'ope Shadra accept dem as ahpol'geh"

She strode out of her father's home proudly carrying her sacrifices and made her way towards Shadra's shrine. Nodding and smiling brightly at the priestess currently attending the shrine.  Her not quite so small body knelt before the shrine and she offered in a soft voice her apology and asked for forgiveness for the misuse of her children in a prank then laid her offerings upon the stone.  She stayed silent for a few moments then rose to her feet and with all the resilience of youth and her quite mischievous nature she bounded back to Shorak.

Nimbalt

Shorak shook his head "Nah, Shadra gave us wo'd ta come heya... meh dink ad long ad joo show reveren' ta da loa in genera'... meh dinkin she beh happeh." He moved following her with some interest as he watched her. He took note of what she was taking and frowned. He moved closer to her and gently touched her shoulder when she pulled out the hair "Joo su'e joo wantin ta sacrifice somedin' so... precious?" His heart wrenched at the thought of his prank in turn, causing her to give up so much, even if his face did not show it.

He watched her and he was impressed though with how reverent she already was as but a child. When she was done he smiled at her and scooped her up onto his shoulder and looked up at her "Joo dinkin' bet'ekk huh? Joo know, meh dinkin' dat good... bu' meh know joo fadda would beh sooo proud if joo ended up da shrine maiden fa' Shirvallah... joo eva dink of dat?" He smiled up at her as he started to carry her through the caves.

While his tongue waggled about one thing however, his mind was not absent from another. She was definitely getting bigger. He took note of this everyday. She was already almost getting to big to ride on his shoulders like this. He however wouldn't tell her that for a while however. Let her be a child. She was a cute little girl anyways.
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

She giggled as she was lifted to his shoulder, not unaware herself on the way she had been growing, her mind maturing as fast as her body though taking a bit longer to let others notice this.  She thought of his words though, a small frown upon her lips, her tusks already protruding and giving her a slightly menacing look.  The elven features, though not as prominent as the troll making the tusks stand out even more so.

"Joo tink mama would be 'appy to see me?" the question perhaps not as random as it seemed.  She leaned kept one arm clutched around Shorak's head as she balanced herself upon his shoulder.  "Ah know she like da tigas too.  Mabeh she be proud iffn ah go to Shirvallah"  she sighed, the sound full of confusion, grief and as if the girl carried a ton of weight on her shoulders. 

Showing again the resilience of youth her mood shifted once again and she tugged on Shorak's hair. "Ah 'ungry and da litta ones es callen fo food" She started to bounce upon his shoulders as if she could make him hurry faster. 

Nimbalt

Shorak kept walking at a slow pace before going silent a bit between her questions. Luckily, she changed the topic again before he had to answer. He grinned and looked up at her "Joo hungreh alreadeh? peh, when joo grow up joo gonna owe meh fa all dis meat meh given joo!" He mostly teased as he looked at her and bounced her once. While her rear was airborne the shoulder was removed from under it, his arms moved instead to catch her in a cradle as she came down. He walked along with her to his chest.

"Joo gonna go clean dat nest outta meh room, den, meh wanna see joo goin ova ta Jalinba's house, she havin some new clothes fa joo, den joo wash up an' den meet meh out bah shirvallah temple, meh bring da food, joo bring ja litta dance-y butt, ja?" He held her firmly in one hand as a finger came up to tap her on the nose playfully before tracing her cheek. "And... meh know joo mudda beh proud of joo... joo nah even mine and meh id" he then pulled her into a tight hug... perhaps a bit to tight for the little girl.
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

Sun'ali squealed with delight as he bounced her in the air and giggled as she was caught and cuddled to his chest.  "Ah be a growen trolleh" she said, still giggling.  "Ah needs lots of food.  Jes.. lots and lots" she once again was over come with giggles though she calmed down as he mentioned cleaning up her mess from earlier. 

Wiggling out of his arms as they got closer, she would skip ahead to the area she currently shared with him.  Skipping over to the nest she gathered it up carefully in her arms, after making sure there was no linger spiderlings around it.  She sighed softly and offered up a small apology to Shadra the Loa of spiders once again.  She solemnly carried the nest back to the place she had removed it from, and eyed it critically as if to make sure it was stable.  She hoped the spiderlings would come back to their place of birth and move back in.   Skipping off to Jalinba's house she smiled at the woman and took the cloths offered.  Giving a wave and a "Tank joo"  she scurried towards the small area used for bathing in the cave system, the water heated via the lava that flowed deep below.  She washed up quickly, donned the clean and more properly fitting clothes then rushed off to meet her "Uncle" Shorak at Shirvallah's temple. 

Nimbalt

Shorak was quick about his work, gathering up food for the tike. She was a bottomless blue pit with legs! He sighed and rubbed his head, after she was gone, exhaustion making itself known. He calmed himself down a moment before he grabbed up the stuff he needed. On the way to the temple he couldn't help but find it ironic that here he was, taking care of this young girl, a child in truth... and he didn't even get to have the fun of making her! He gritted his teeth and kept in the curses as he walked before calming himself down. She was so cute, so, he didn't really mind, and it wouldn't be that long. It really wouldn't, and if this worked, if they could harness the loa in her, that would mean a huge turn for the horde, and their tribe. Power would be shifted in their favor, with nothing the alliance could do to stop them.

He frowned as he climbed the steps to the temple, was it really ok doing this to a little girl? Well, ok, not that little, and not gonna get any smaller. The more he thought the less he wanted to keep thinking. By the end he just set up the food.

Across the top step awaiting Sun'ali was a true tiger's feast for her. He watched her as she approached, waving at her from his lofty perch grinning his normal crazed grin. When she got up he poked her belly, "Joo hurreh an' get dis full." He winked at her and looked around at the great stones. "Joo fadda come heya lot's, meh seen 'im... Da tiga' id da loa o' wa'. 'Im look ova owa peopa, den pick who to beh bo'n a warria, 'im stalk dem all dere lives, den, when dey readeh, 'im show dem batta, and grant dem strengt'." He looks over at one of the statues and reaches out touching it. "Sadleh, strengt' id not all batta take, bu', Shirvallah nah promise ta do owa fights fa us, jus' ta show us how ta do dem." He looks over to Sun'ali, "So, wha joo dink of Shirvallah?"
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

Sun'ali bounced happily up to the top of the temple and returned Shorak's wave.  She giggled as she climbed up and he tickled her belly.   "Joo gonna make me laugh to 'ard and dere be no room for da food. Joo make it all shaken up in dere" she bounced around him for a bit, then sat down quietly at his feet to eat the meal.  Listening to him speak of her father made her frown slightly, a bit of sadness to her eyes though she listened carefully to his lecture on Shirvallah and the tiger's influence in their lives. 

She sighed softly.   "Ah tink da tiga.. " she pauses.  "Ah tink ah can not be a 'andmaiden to any of da loa yet. Ah want to go find mama"  she rushes to say.  Her food only half eaten as her mind was distracted with other thoughts.  "Ah must know why mama left us.. left me" her lips quivered slightly though she did not cry.  She suddenly got to her feet and then threw her arms around Shorak. "Joo come wid me and find mama"

Nimbalt

Shorak blinked then grinned, "Maybeh meh should tickle joo mo'e often den, hmm? it save on food dat way." He teased as he sat back watching her put thought into what he had said. Munching away on his part of the food, he suddenly frowned as she turned serious. She was far to young to be thinking of such things. Then again, that would take them away from prying eyes and could possibly let him do what he wanted to test with her. He scratched his chin then pulled her in at the lip quiver. How could he say no to such a sweet little face?

"Okies, meh take joo ta find joo mudda. Bu' joo know, ja could beh a priestess, or train ad a 'andmaiden wid meh. Joo dun gotta stay 'ere ta do dat, ja?" He chuckled and poked her belly. "Onleh problem wid goin an' lookin id joo gonna eat everehding!" It was  a tease, but at the rate she was going...
Last night I had a dream

Skylarke

Sun'ali couldn't stay solemn for long, as with everything in her very short life, things moved at a rapid pace and that included her emotions.  As Shorak agreed to go with her, or rather to take her, since despite the magically done growing burst she was still mentally to young to set out on her own, she squealed with delight. This would be a grand adventure.

"Okies, joo train me to be a 'andmaiden.  No just to da tiga doe, but to all of dem." she was only a little girl after all and had big dreams.  "An joo eat more den me" she crouched low then pounced at him. "Ah 'elp joo 'unt fo da food.  Ah be a good 'unter"  she giggled and then ran ahead to her cave where she would suddenly slid to a stop, her lips quivering once again as she looked around at where her papa slept when he was here.  "Ah gonna miss papa" she spun and wrapped her arms around Shorak again.  "Dere es nuf'tin 'ere ah wanna take." though she did look towards the raptor pen where her little ones were.  "Mabeh we take just one?"  her mind set on her little orange raptor.  "Ah will make sure dere es enuf food for 'im"  she pleaded, flashing him her brilliant blue eyes still holding onto their unshed tears.