The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebb

Quote from: Kimera on July 25, 2013, 04:16:09 PM
Can't seem to think of a cool codename for her though.

How about "Gorgon"?

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Kokaine

Lizard-breath?

Well, that will be what Wyldecat calls her if they don't get along >.>
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Sasquatch421

Kimera

With her dinosaur-ish beastlike alternate form, I want her to originate from or at least visited the Savage Lands.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Ebb

Oooh - how about "Tyranna"? We could call her "Anna" for short.

Also, we should have a Very Special Episode where your character (and others) gets to go to the Savage Land, and something unlocks her hidden potential giving her the ability to grow to fully Godzilla proportions, 500' high. Only for the duration of that story, naturally. And the rest of us would probably end up having to fight her, because that's just the way these things go.

Kimera

Jag

Beautiful woman who can turn into a giant reptile. Eany is going to be head over...uh...slimy tail...for her! :P
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

kckolbe

Quote from: Ebb on July 26, 2013, 02:08:24 PM
Oooh - how about "Tyranna"? We could call her "Anna" for short.

Well there goes Godzillette and Ms. Hyde.  Tyranna is a cool name.

Intro Thread

Kimera

Charsheet WIP

Savage Predator:  Tyranna
Group Affiliation: None
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 134ib
Arch-Enemies: Those that try to hurt her.
Nickname:

Powers: 
Tyranna's power allow her to take on the shape of a massive avatar of the Savage Lands. The more she gives in to her savage side, the stronger and bigger she becomes. At the beginning of her transformation, Tyranna grows to about 9-10ft and her weight increases over 900kg. At her peak, she stands nearly 20ft tall, reaching almost 60ft from snout to tail and weighting around 7-8 tons.

However, in some instances, she can loose herself completely to her fury and her feral side takes over completely. When this happens, she almost doubles in size, towering almost 40ft and weighting an impressive 57 ton. She fears this side of her and is desperate looking for a way to control it.

It is rumored that within the Savage Lands, her power are greatly amplified by being so close to the primal powers of the land.

As a human, Tyranna's physical abilities are those of a trained athlete, even though her body doesn't really show any increased musculature.

In her alternate form, Tyranna acquires a lot of feats that are considered supernatural in power:

• Superhuman Strength: Tyranna's savage form grants her an incredible increase in strength. In its smallest form, she can lift around 10-12 tons. At her peak she can lift almost 60 tons. When she goes feral, her strength increases even further, although it maxes out at around 100 tons.
  • Superhuman Speed: Tyranna's beast form is also capable of moving quadrupedal. This way she can get run at a top speed of 45 miles/hour, which she can endure for quite a while. If possible though, Tyranna will prefer to travel by water. With her powerful tail and her weight being carried by the water, she is able to get up to 60 miles/hour, which she can maintain for days without any need to rest.
  • Superhuman Stamina:Tyranna is able to opperate for almost a week without sleep. She can also hold her breath for several hours while underwater and can easily transition to a depth of around 400 meters without any hindrance from pressure.
  • Superhuman Agility: Although perhaps not entirely supernatural in power scale, for a creature of its size and bulk, one should not make the mistake of thinking she is slow or clumsy in movement.
  • Superhuman Reflexes: Tyranna's reflexes are well above average for a creature of her size and bulk.
  • Superhuman Durability:In this form, Tyranna's hide is covered in a thick, yet flexible layer of bony plates and scales. 
  • Natural Weapons: Tyranna has several natural weapons at her disposal. Razorsharp teeth, claws and a gaint tail make her a force to be reckoned with
  • Enhanced Senses: Tyranna's senses are greatly enhanced in her changed form. Her eyes are now capable of seeing perfectly at night and her long snout houses impressive olfactory senses. Similar to snakes, she is capable of tasting the scent of prey.
Skills:

• Survivalist: Having spend many years in the Savage Lands, Tyranna knows how to survive of the land. On the other hand, she is still trying to adapt to life in urban environments, although she is a quick learner.

Bio:

Anastasia's parents were both members of a large scale expedition send to Antarctica in yet another attempt to set up a colony in the inhospitable world known as the Savage Lands. Since this would become a longterm mission, expedition members were allowed to bring families.

The details of what went wrong are unknown, but the expedition was a failure when the transport got caught in a storm and crashed. There where no survivors, except for one frightened 14 year old. The trauma and mysterious energy of the land are believed what has caused her mutation. Her power expressed itself for the first time only moments later when she had to run for her life as she was chased by one of the lands many dinosaurs. After fending it off, she reverted back to the little girl and passed out.

When she awoke, she found herself on a bed inside a hut. A woman was sitting next to her who introduced herself as Shanna, O'Hara. She and Ka-Zar had found her in the wilderness and brought her back to the village.

Under their tutelage, Anna learned the ways of the land and how to survive, find food and some simple first aid. However, it wasn't all perfect. Her other side did not remain silent. When the village was under assault, the emotions triggered her transformation. her savage form didn't distinguish friend from foe, lashing out whatever was closest. After the fight was over, she returned to normal.

Many of the villagers feared her from that day, calling her Tyranna, the terror. However all trusted the judgement of their leader and Anna was allowed to stay. Although none of them had experience training a young mutant, after some trial and error they managed to teach her at least some rudimentary control.

After a couple years, Tyranna began to long for the outside world. She still had a relative living in New York. Deciding she was ready, she bid her friends and tutors farewell, swearing she would one day return. She then took of, beginning a long voyage towards her relative, towards civilisation.

Power Grid:
Anna
Tyranna
Tyranna
Peak
Tyranna
Feral
Intelligence:
Strength:
6-7
Speed:
Durability:
Energy Projection:
Fighting Ability:

LamentingQuill

The Blue Star:  Lily Sinclare

Group Affiliation: X-men

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 120ib

Arch-Enemies: None.

Nickname: Star child

Powers:
Lily can form a ball of pale blue psychic energy as a defensive weapon to throw at her attackers. This ball is no bigger than a soccer ball, but packs quite a punch.

Teleportation: If Lily know precisely where she is going, she can port almost anywhere, however if she is guessing where she will end up, then she can only teleport about a hundred feet from her current location.

Telekinesis: Lily is able to use her mind to move objects, though she is not quite skilled enough in this area to move anything heavier than a compact car.

Telepathy: Lily is able to communicate with others mentally, though she will not pry into another's mind without their permission. She can allow them to hear her voice in their head and open a channel to hear theirs.

Force field: Lily can create a force field of her own psychic energy around herself to protect her from harm, though she cannot make it any bigger than to allow room only for herself and she can only hold it for fifteen minutes, thirty if she really pushes herself.

Skills
Lily loves to cook fine cuisines from all over the world and is quite the accomplished opera singer.

Bio:
When Lily was seven years old, she was abandoned by her overly religious parents at the Xaviers institute, aside from all that Lily barely remembers anything else about her past. She has been at the institute her whole life being raised by the older mutants there, she could never be happier about it, she adores her adoptive family.

kckolbe

I am loving her eyes. 

I am uncomfortable with her power set.  We already have two characters (Jean and Psylocke) that have the telepathy/telekinesis combo.  To possess that AND have teleportation (Nightcrawler/Blink), plus a couple of other interesting abilities, I worry that she makes too many characters redundant.

Intro Thread

LamentingQuill

Quote from: kckolbe on July 27, 2013, 02:33:54 AM
I am loving her eyes. 

I am uncomfortable with her power set.  We already have two characters (Jean and Psylocke) that have the telepathy/telekinesis combo.  To possess that AND have teleportation (Nightcrawler/Blink), plus a couple of other interesting abilities, I worry that she makes too many characters redundant.

I understand, but I made her this way a long, long time ago. If you guys do not want her, let me know and I will bow out with no hard feelings.

kckolbe

Completely understandable as well.  I wish you the best.

Intro Thread

LamentingQuill

Quote from: kckolbe on July 27, 2013, 02:36:56 AM
Completely understandable as well.  I wish you the best.

Very well then. However, to be fair, psychic abilities are going to happen all the time in mutations, limiting how many psychic characters is a bit unrealistic.

Pumpkin Seeds

I believe the problem is not in having a psychic character but in having a character that possesses the abilities of so many other characters rolled into one.

Kimera

Worked out her different size steps.

I might overdid it a bit with her power grid  ;D

Edit: Added her bio. It might be cool if her relative was one of the X-men.

Now I only need to finish her powers and then I'm done.

kckolbe

Quote from: Kimera on July 26, 2013, 04:18:59 PM
Powers: 
Tyranna's power allow her to take on the shape of a massive avatar of the Savage Lands. The more she gives in to her savage side, the stronger and bigger she becomes. At the beginning of her transformation, Tyranna grows to about 9-10ft and her weight increases over 900kg. At her peak, she stands nearly 30ft tall, reaching almost 80ft from snout to tail and weighting around 25 tons.

However, in some instances, she can loose herself completely to her fury and her feral side takes over completely. When this happens, she almost doubles in size, towering almost 60ft and weighting an impressive 190 ton. She fears this side of her and is desperate looking for a way to control it.

I'd like if her peak and feral sizes were smaller, maybe 20 and 40 feet with a significant decrease in weight.  Right now she weighs more than two space shuttles, with that weight concentrated over a smaller area. 

Power Grid:
Anna
Tyranna
Tyranna
Peak
Tyranna
Feral
Intelligence:
Strength:
6-7
Speed:
Durability:
Energy Projection:
Fighting Ability:
[/quote]

As far as her ratings go in the different forms, I am basically okay with them, though I don't see any drawback from Tyranna to Tyranna Peak.

Intro Thread

Kimera

Well 20ft would put her at around 7-8 tons and 40ft around 57 tons. It's basically how weigth scales up.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Kimera

kckolbe

Looks good.  Feel free to post her in future characters.

For everyone else: If I have not given your char approval please nudge me.  I think that everyone has either been approved or at least given an idea of what is needed to get there.

Intro Thread

Kimera

Okay. I'll put her in place of Spore then

TheVillain

Ooo! Had an Idea!

Repentant Monster:  Traitor
Group Affiliation: Formerly the "Friends of Humanity" and then the Sentinel program, Currently No Affiliations but seeking the X-Men.
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 347 Pounds
Arch-Enemies: Formerly the X-Men, Currently the Sentinel Program and O*N*E
Nickname: "Unit 13", "The Judas Machine", "KilljoyBot 4000"

Powers: The Traitor is a Mark X Prime Sentinel, a Cyborg designed and built to combine the best parts of machine and normal human for the purpose of hunting down and killing mutants. At least, in theory. Past Clashes with the X-Men have found the past 9 models of Prime Sentinels, and of Sentinels in General, to fall short of this mark. Still, with every model they improve their capabilities somehow.

The latest Prime Sentinels might stand a good chance, actually - if the Traitor doesn't make it too the X-Men to even the odds with knowledge.

• Lifeform Detection - Advanced Sensors built into the head of Mark X Prime Sentinels can sense the presence of lifeforms or variations thereof and with sufficient data they can distinguish basic types automatically. Most notably is the ability to distinguish between baseline humans and mutants with nothing more then a passing glance - even if the mutant in question themselves didn't know or was trying to hide it.
  • Weaponry - Like all Mark X Prime Sentinels, weapons are hidden throughout the cybernetics. Most notably plasma pistols hidden in the thighs, a grenade launcher in his abdomen, and heat vents in his feet.
  • Marksmanship - Traitor is considered an excellent marksman even when compared to other Mark X Prime Sentinels thanks mostly to upbringing and practice. An Excellent Shot, especially with the Plasma Pistols.
  • Flight - Mark X Prime Sentinels are all capable of short range flight thanks to jet propulsion units in their calves and feet.
  • Durability - While not as durable as their larger cousin, a Prime Sentinel is much more durable then a baseline human while still appearing as such.
  • Mental Overclocking - The Mark X Prime Sentinel has a level of control over how fast their minds work. Essentially, they are capable of a "bullet time" like effect. With enough practice, this "bullet time" can extend as far as into brief bursts of superhuman speed.
  • Self-Repair - With the right materials, the Mark X Prime Sentinel can simulate the effects of a Healing Factor to a lesser degree with many repairs occurring automatically. In theory, all damage on both sides of the equation - machine and flesh - will be repaired indefinitely. In practice if that holds true is yet to be seen.
  • Limited Cyberpathy - Mark X Prime Sentinels all have in-built wifi reception and transmission, and are essentially walking Wifi Hotspots.

Skills: Advanced Tactical Skills, Augmented by Cybernetics. Machine Repair and Computer Programming, also Augmented by Cybernetics. Encyclopedic knowledge of Cars.

Quote from: BioMy name is Jack Cordero, and I am a Traitor. I've betrayed my friends, my country, and my species - and I'm not sure I can even tell you why.

I was born in a small town named Putnam, Kentucky. Not much there but retirees and coal miners, and I wanted out. There was a time when I thought my way out was to go to college but I convinced myself that the money wasn't there and the scholarship I needed went to some affirmative action pick. It soured me, it made me a hateful monster long before the Friends of Humanity found me - they just gave me a way to bring the hate out.

The Friends of Humanity came to town, told as all that other people were to blame for our rundown and empty lives, especially mutants. Most of us ignored them, I didn't. I signed on with the Friends thinking that was the answer - I see I was wrong but at the time I went in head first. I don't think I ever was that smart. The Friends knew some people, and eventually I met a man from O*N*E. A man who asked me what I'd be willing to do to contain the mutant menace. I signed on the dotted line, and had my first surgery. You'd be amazed how little time it takes for them to get all this cybernetics in you.

Soon, they'd set me out in small towns all over these mountains. Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia - that was my patrol and I was protecting the human race from mutie freaks.

Then I met the Caldwells. A family, they looked so damn normal, they were normal. My sensors picked up that they all had mutant genes but they were all dormant and recessive. I reported it to my higher ups at the Sentinel program and awaited instructions. I got my instructions next time I saw them, and little Abigail Caldwell - wasn't even 6 years old yet when my orders came in. Orders from the higher ups to kill them all anyway. And when I refused to shoot a 6 year old in the face with a plasma pistol - they took control of my arm and made me shoot them anyway.

So yeah, maybe I can tell you why I'm a Traitor. Because if we're so damn good and the muties are so goddamn bad - how come we're the ones sneaking up on little kids and shooting them in the face? No, if that's what normal humans do to protect themselves - we don't deserve to live. I've whipped up a block from being accessed and controlled again, I don't know how long its going to last.

So if you're a normal human and you're hearing this, that's what the people do when they tell you they're protecting you. They pick up racist assholes like me, they fill them with machines, and the send them out to shoot little kids in the face. Think long and hard about where your allegiances are.

If you're a mutant and you're hearing this, the next Sentinels are coming. Hide. Run. Look to the X-Men to save you because your Government won't. O*N*E IS the government.

And if you're an X-Man and you're hearing this, I'm a Traitor - and I'm coming to defect to you. Please, Save Me.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.