what MMOs is anyone playing?

Started by boogop, July 05, 2013, 11:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg

I know this thread is a little old, but I did a search for FFXIV and found it. Does anyone happen to play on the Cactuar server?
"I killed the whole world, and you can too, if you try hard."
-Lews Therin Telamon

SinXAzgard21

I stopped playing A Realm Reborn.  Most of my friends that play are different time zones or can't play all that often. 

I was in Wildstar Beta a couple weekends ago... Yeah that game will be free to play in no time.  It tries to play like WoW and GW2 but really can't.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Dom

I've been beta testing TESO.. it has it's issues but if they can get most of them worked out by launch I think it might be solid.

WoW is still and old standby for when I'm bored as hell and need something to do.

I've abandoned all the other MMOs that I was playing from time to time. I've tired.... too many to count. 

I don't mind PMs, or KIK (NoBetterThanBeasts) requests

someinheritthewealth

The Secret World is the only one I need that's for sure :).

Tsenta

Managed to get Dungeons and Dragons Online patched...been running low lvl quests for favor for a while now. Iconic heroes ftw. :3
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Vonandi

I played a stint of WoW back when I was a bit younger but since then I've been avoiding MMO's, to much time and work for to little pay off, I don't feel like playing for a month to get what I could of got in a single player game in a few hours. That and not having any affect on the game world what so ever.

ReduxRed

Aion! Who wants to smite Asmodians with me?

marauder13

I've only ever played one MMO - EvE. Been playing it for 7 years with the same character, which doesn't include the two years worth of breaks, and I have not yet touched on everything it has to offer. But the thing about it I like the most is that there is one one server and everyone plays on it. Baring updates, it's up 23/7 all year round.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: marauder13 on March 08, 2014, 08:29:59 PM
I've only ever played one MMO - EvE. Been playing it for 7 years with the same character, which doesn't include the two years worth of breaks, and I have not yet touched on everything it has to offer. But the thing about it I like the most is that there is one one server and everyone plays on it. Baring updates, it's up 23/7 all year round.

I returned after a three year hiatus us on my heavily built builder (I quit because I lost something like 30 billion ISK to what was essentially a suicide bomber who blew up my transport and mocked me) only to discover bounties are huge and damn near eternal. Got my mining barge blown up in 0.8 space and when I asked the guy why he tagged me with a 300 million bounty and his buddies and anther 150 more.

Broke, busted and not wishing to lose any more I figured it was time to guit again.. shame, I really enjoyed working with Arrow Corp.

Major Major

I'm playing War Thunder myself; WWII MMO, currently in Open Beta; there's three intertwined phases to a game: air combat (open to all), Ground-based tank combat (in closed beta but will open soon), and Naval Combat (coming soon). The unit choices range from 1931 to 1953, so you've got a choice of fun things.

If this interests you, please follow the link below, and tell them that NZRedBaron1985 invited you.

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_10941699

Silverfyre

Still playing Star Wars: the Old Republic.  Been on there since launch and it still keeps me entertained.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Silverfyre on March 09, 2014, 06:58:39 PM
Still playing Star Wars: the Old Republic.  Been on there since launch and it still keeps me entertained.
Same.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Witch

Aura Kingdom is pretty chill. Do the quest = reach level cap o_o

Yukina

Quote from: Saggy on March 10, 2014, 12:11:00 AM
Aura Kingdom is pretty chill. Do the quest = reach level cap o_o

I looked into the game a bit on the net and I might want to try it this week.

Kurzyk

This is a really old game, but does anyone remember Ultima online? One thing I really loved about that game was that you could build your own house, decorate it, and hang out inside crafting weapons and armor, then sell them through NPC vendors. Does anyone know if that exists in any MMOs today?

Chris Brady

Sadly no.  And it's not likely to every happen again.

It's more of the nature of players.  Back in Ultima Online, most players were still getting used to the idea of an MMO.

Now, most of the 'Hardcore' (which aren't at all, they're just people who've either played long enough to understand the legal exploits, or copycats who've read it somewhere on the internet) have realized how to get the 'best stuff', and most of that's End Game level.  Which is almost always through grinding, via Raids.

And everyone just wants the 'best' stuff.  After all, if you can just craft it, then why bother playing the game after you have it?

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

ShadowFox89

That must be why I'm disliking most traditional MMOs. I don't want to do raids. I don't want to grind for the best gear. I want to play with people and have fun.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

It's the nature of people.  We want to find the most efficient way to get what we want.  And once found, everyone will copy, because everyone wants it.

K3ystone

Quote from: Kurzyk on March 10, 2014, 05:36:01 PM
This is a really old game, but does anyone remember Ultima online? One thing I really loved about that game was that you could build your own house, decorate it, and hang out inside crafting weapons and armor, then sell them through NPC vendors. Does anyone know if that exists in any MMOs today?
Well Aion does have houses, interior decorating etc. Not sure if it's like Ultima's system as I'm not familiar with that particular MMO. You don't build houses but instead start with a studio and can buy a separate house, mansion, estate or palace in auctions.(These are limited in number except studios ie. only 4 palaces, 127 estates, etc. per server. My figures may not be accurate here!)  Aion does have scripts you can write and run (you can import them as macros too) within your house which can do anything from play songs, make things glow, jump, levitate, resize or recolour them etc. An aspect I quite enjoy (not to mention the "demon" Butlers :3)

Yukina

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 10, 2014, 07:52:14 PM
That must be why I'm disliking most traditional MMOs. I don't want to do raids. I don't want to grind for the best gear. I want to play with people and have fun.

I share that emotion.

Ot: Does anyone have any suggestions for mmos that focus on parties? It'd be fun to gather some Elliquiy members on mumble and have a nice time playing one.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Yugishogun on March 10, 2014, 08:46:19 PM
I share that emotion.

Ot: Does anyone have any suggestions for mmos that focus on parties? It'd be fun to gather some Elliquiy members on mumble and have a nice time playing one.

Most MMOs really don't focus on parties unless you're raiding or pvping together not to mention a lot of people will probably want to play something they don't have to fork out a sub for.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Kurzyk

Quote from: Chris Brady on March 10, 2014, 06:18:26 PM
Sadly no.  And it's not likely to every happen again.

It's more of the nature of players.  Back in Ultima Online, most players were still getting used to the idea of an MMO.

Now, most of the 'Hardcore' (which aren't at all, they're just people who've either played long enough to understand the legal exploits, or copycats who've read it somewhere on the internet) have realized how to get the 'best stuff', and most of that's End Game level.  Which is almost always through grinding, via Raids.

And everyone just wants the 'best' stuff.  After all, if you can just craft it, then why bother playing the game after you have it?

Ah that's a bummer, that was one of my favorite things.

Chris Brady

As someone who likes crafting, I feel your pain.

Callie Del Noire

That is what I miss about the 'old' crafting in WoW. You had to quest for gear recipes, you had to get folks to help you go into a dungeon for the Master Enchanting Trainer. The specialization meant something back then. Dragonscale Laetherworkers were doing instance for their LAST set recipe! ect.

Now. It's so easy to make things.

RazgrizAce

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on March 12, 2014, 10:53:32 AM
That is what I miss about the 'old' crafting in WoW. You had to quest for gear recipes, you had to get folks to help you go into a dungeon for the Master Enchanting Trainer. The specialization meant something back then. Dragonscale Laetherworkers were doing instance for their LAST set recipe! ect.

Now. It's so easy to make things.

I wish FFXIV: ARR crafting had special recipes that only dropped from certain places and would be worth something. Right now my server is starting to hit that stage where it is becoming hard to sell anything because everyone can make it.