D.C./ Marvel Crossover. (Season 1, Currently seeking Two more writers!)

Started by Batman4560, January 03, 2016, 10:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Hey all! I'm looking to run a game with three to four other writers where the DC and Marvel verse are combined.

The Premise is simple at the moment, 40-60 years after the league, avengers, x-men and other teams have disbanded and the heroes and villains of said stories have either retired or gone missing a great threat has arisen. Now it's up to the offspring of these heroes and villains to band together and save the world.

Other writers will be able to pair up whatever two parents they want and draw on those skills to build a character to help save the world.
Before I get to in depth with the story I just wanted to see what kind of interest I would get from the writers here on E. So if you are interested just post here.

After sixty years of being heroes and villains men and women such as Batman, Jean Grey, Lex Luthor and Red Skull have called it quits. Although those like Nick Fury and Bruce Wayne never really stop. Working together Wayne and Fury have gathered intel. on the children and successors to many heroes and villains, compiling a list and waiting until the world needs them.

... Without warning the heroes who seem ageless, Superman, Wolverine, The Hulk, Wonder Woman and many others have gone missing and weeks later strange creatures started attacking New York and Metropolis, displaying the powers of these heroes. It is up to you to find out who kidnapped them and stop the monsters attacking the cities.

Basic Character Rules:

- OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=242347.0

-For the First season (Arc) of the game every player is limited to one character. With the amount of interest we are getting it wouldn't be fair to not let everyone have a chance.

-Each parent can only be used once, unless players are planning to do siblings.

-Each character is allowed 4 powers to start. At the start of the second arc and every arc after they may add up to two powers. Remember that our characters are just coming into their own as heroes and have a long way to go.

- Characters must be at least 18 years old.

Character sheet example: All sheets should look something like this:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Basics
Chracter Name: Arron Strauss
Alias Used: Fate
Date of Birth: November
Place of Birth: Salem, Massachusetts.
Current Place of Residence: Tower of Fate, Salem.
Sexual Preference: Straight
Marital Status: -
Quirks/Strange Behaviors: Mutters to himself when uncomfortable. 
Languages spoken:English, French, Demonic, and Celestial.
Religious Beliefs: Believes in fate, respects all religions.

Relations
Family:

• Mother- Rouge
  • Father- Dr. Fate, Eric Strauss the second.
Friends: John Constintine, Zatanna, Colossus, Professor X.
Occupational: Exorsist.
Other:

Occupational and Social information
Team Affiliations: Justice League Dark, X-men.
Education/Special Training: Community Schooling, Learned hand to hand Combat from Rogue, Learned Magical Arts from Previous Dr. Fates.
Affiliation/Memberships: N/A
Occupational Skills: Religious Exorcism.
Weapons: Spells, and hands

Physical Description
Height: Six feet tall even.
Hair: Light brown
Eyes: Green
Detailed Physical Description: Square Jaw, with a bit of hair growing along it. Short, choppy light brown hair. Arron stands at an even six feet tall and keeps himself in fairly good shape, mostly due to the nature of his powers.
Typical Clothing: Black Suit and tie.

Personality/Attributes
Goals/Ambitions: Live up to the name of Fate, become the first true master of his fathers helm. Maintain order in the universe.
Weaknesses: Mind altering effects- Things like drugs, or powers that effect the mind a great deal cause Fate's powers to flux in abilities. Concentration- When Fate cannot concentrate his spells tend to backfire or not work at all.
Fears: Powerless- Nothing makes Arron more uneasy than when he can't help those he cares about.
Scorpions- Not sure why but he always checks his shoes for the little buggers!

Mutation Information (Collected Anonymously)
Manifestation Age: 12, 16
Manifesting Event:
Arron developed his power draining ability at the age of 12 when he met Shazam and drained his powers during a hand shake, reverting the man back to Billy Baston. When he turned 16 his father began teaching Arron the magical arts.

Confirmed Mutation Effects:
-60 second Power cloning- Arron can copy a single power of anyone he touches, without causing them harm.
-Spell Craft- Short to long range Teleporation- By being able to visualize a location Arron can teleport himself and up to three others anywhere.
-Spell Craft- Magical blasts- Arcane energy flows through Fate's fingers and projects through his palm or fingers in a strong blast.
-Spell Craft- Astral Projection- Arron's spirit leaves his body and travels through the Ethreral Plane.
Additional Notes/Pictures/etc.:

[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Basics[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Chracter Name:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Alias Used:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Date of Birth:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Age:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Place of Birth:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Current Place of Residence:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Gender:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Sexual Preference:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Marital Status:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Quirks/Strange Behaviors:[/color][/b] 
[b][color=#dd1717]Languages spoken:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Religious Beliefs:[/color][/b]

[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Relations[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Family:[/color][/b]
[list]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
[b][color=#dd1717]Friends:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Occupational:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Other:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Occupational and Social information[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Team Affiliations:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Education/Special Training:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Occupation:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Affiliation/Memberships:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Occupational Skills:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Weapons:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Physical Description[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Height:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Hair:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Eyes:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Detailed Physical Description:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Typical Clothing:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Personality/Attributes[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Goals/Ambitions:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Weaknesses:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Fears:[/color][/b]
[hr]
[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u]Mutation Information (Collected Anonymously)[/u][/size][/color]
[b][color=#dd1717]Manifestation Age:[/color][/b]
[b][color=#dd1717]Manifesting Event:[/color][/b]

[b][color=#dd1717]Confirmed Mutation Effects:[/color][/b] N/A

[color=#940b0b][size=14pt][u][u]Additional Notes/Pictures/etc.:[/u][/u][/size][/color]

Angie

Can i rock the daughter of Iron Man? A daughter who may be just as brilliant-if not more so-then he was?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Batman4560

mia h

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 04, 2016, 12:45:46 AM
Can i rock the daughter of Iron Man? A daughter who may be just as brilliant-if not more so-then he was?
I can just see it now the love child of Tony Stark and Natasha Irons
+ = ??
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Angie

Well, she may end up making the Grav Hammer from Halo. I will be using the name of 'Iron Maiden' for her just so she can share in the love of metal that RDJ's Iron Man has ;D

Kadigan

Batman4560

I'll be putting up rules on character creation within the next day or so.

mia h

Definitely interested just haven't got an idea for a character yet.

tuckers02

I'm thinking the daughter of Pixie and Saturnine...though she doesn't know who her father is :p

Marie Reynolds

Hmm i could be tentatively interested in this. Are heroes of a mystical persuasion okay to be used?

Lustful Bride

I'm in such a world building mood I kind of want to join. Especially since I just started reading the "Invincible" Comics yesterday.

Im thinking of having a Thanagarian Character, though maybe not the daughter of Hawkgirl/man. She is an Earth Born Thanagarian, after Thanagar was lost to the Skrull, who impersonated military generals and left the world unprepared for an invasion.

When she came into her own and decided to be a superheroine she trained under a new hero named Black Samson, who learned how to master his powers from Hercules  and trained to fist fight with the new Wildcat.

*mind rolls with countless ideas*

General Design im going with.

Life in Color

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 05, 2016, 10:22:07 AM
Hmm i could be tentatively interested in this. Are heroes of a mystical persuasion okay to be used?

Most definitely.

Hi!

I'm going to be working with Bats over there to Co-GM the game.

It's very fantastic that there's all of this interest.

I've got to make a run out for groceries and my comic book pick-up for the week, but I'll be tossing up an example character sheet (or three - I've gone mad with power) after I get home.

<3

mia h

I'm sort of zeroing in on a female Flash. I mean how could the descendent of Rex Tyler, Johnny Chambers, Libby Lawrence, Jesse Chambers & Rick Tyler not be amazing? :D

Angie

So before we get to character creation, are we mostly focused on comics or can we pull from any source to build our backstory? I actually really like Stark's character arc in the MCU and i think that's part of what i want to use for Iron Maiden's backstory.

Life in Color

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 05, 2016, 02:10:48 PM
So before we get to character creation, are we mostly focused on comics or can we pull from any source to build our backstory? I actually really like Stark's character arc in the MCU and i think that's part of what i want to use for Iron Maiden's backstory.

Most definitely.

Just keep it consistent, you know?

If you're going to mix the two, just make sure it makes sense.

Angie

It'll make sense, trust me, I already know what I'm doing, I just wanted permission to do it ;D

mia h

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 05, 2016, 03:27:22 PM
It'll make sense, trust me, I already know what I'm doing, I just wanted permission to do it ;D
Someone who knows what they are doing ?!?!
This must be stopped immediately, if not sooner!!!!!!!!!!

Angie

Life in Color

Quote from: mia h on January 05, 2016, 03:55:40 PM
Someone who knows what they are doing ?!?!
This must be stopped immediately, if not sooner!!!!!!!!!!

I concur.

VonDoom

Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Writersblockade

So. I heard about this, and got an idea about Wonder Woman settling down with Black Panther, because she finally realized that Supes is bullshit. *smiles* I'll keep an eye on this to see what's what.
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Angie

Supes is bullshit upon bullshit all wrapped up in a bullshit bow :P (I am not the biggest fan of Superman if you couldn't tell)

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Angiejuusan on January 05, 2016, 05:41:53 PM
Supes is bullshit upon bullshit all wrapped up in a bullshit bow :P (I am not the biggest fan of Superman if you couldn't tell)

I like the idea of him but I feel he needs to be expanded on, we should see him working out like Mr. Incredible to get in shape, otherwise in reality he would be fat and blubbery because he technically doesn't need his muscles for all that strength.

I'm partially quoting a book I read where two navy seals were discussing batman and how he would make a Great Seal and one of them outright said Superman was Bullshit for the reasons stated above X3

VonDoom

You guys might try reading Garth Ennis' issue of Hitman where the titular character meets and reflects on Superman, it might help you appreciate the character from a different angle.

Incidentally, tentative interest. I dunno if I have the time for it, but I might put a character forward if everything works out.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Lustful Bride

Quote from: VonDoom on January 05, 2016, 05:49:59 PM
You guys might try reading Garth Ennis' issue of Hitman where the titular character meets and reflects on Superman, it might help you appreciate the character from a different angle.
I would but I have a hate for Ennis that has slowly grown over the years.

*somewhere Palpatine cackles to himself and says Good...Gggoooodddd'*