Shadowrun: Miami

Started by Melnibone, March 26, 2010, 10:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriusBEN

Take care of that first, Mel. Well wishes to you and we will be patient for your return.

Also, unless we get a Class A hacker on the team, I'll branch Wheeler in that direction. I figure decent Spoof and Exploit programs along with learning the Hacking Skill will let me start messing with other drones and cameras.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Melnibone on April 02, 2010, 01:53:52 AM
Yeay, more characters.

I was planning on starting the game tonight, Friday, at about 6 or 7 EST pm. Is everyone cool with that? We can play by post instead of playing on IRC for the first session if you like.
Quote from: Melnibone on April 02, 2010, 11:46:15 AM
Hold on folks. I was prepared to launch tonight, but I have a family emergency. I will not be able to run a game tonight.

I only just got on, so I wouldn't have made it in any case. ^^; Hope it's nothing too serious, though, Mel

Also, I wasn't really aware that this was going to be played on anything other than post. >>; I've never played via IRC before, so...

Melnibone

I apologize again for ducking out like that. A family member has died. It wasn't a surprise, he was almost ninety years old and very ill, but we're all diminished by his death.

I will be checking in a bit for the next few days in case you have anything to send to me.

NotoriusBEN

D: dude, dont apologize for that. take care of what you need to and we'll be waiting.

Muse

i'm here when you're ready, man, for both Shadowrun and Captain Shield.  Just take care of your family and let us know when you're ready for some distractions. 

(Wow.  I hope i make it to ninty.  The women on my mother's side are nigh imortal, but most o the guy's don't make it to 80.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chelemar

I never find the pages till later why is that???

Am i still in?

<.<

I am working on a gender twisting wheelman

Chelemar

big hugs!! so sorry

take care of you and family!!!1

Chelemar

Name: Taylor Gends
Height: 5’10
Weight 1 50
Eyes: Brown
Hair Brown
WORK IN PROGRESS[/color]

Race: Human (0 BP)
Attributes (230 BP)
B A R S C I L W M E
3 3 3 2 4 4 4 4 3 3
Essence: 6
Initiative (Astral): 7 (8)
Initiative Passes (Astral): 1 (3)
Physical Damage Track: 10
Stun Damage Track: 10
Active Skills (146 BP)
Assensing: 3
Conjuring Skill Group: 3
Data Search: 3
Dodge: 2
Influence Skill Group: 2
Palming: 2
Perception (Visual): 4 (+2)
Pistols: 2
Shadowing: 2
Sorcery Skill Group: 3
Knowledge Skills (24 Free BP)
Chemistry: 3
L ocal Area Knowledge: 4
Magic Theory: 4
Underworld Politics: 4
Language Skills
Arabic: N
English: (Cityspeak) 3 (+2)
Japanese: 2
L atin: 3
Qualities (+10 BP)
Magician (15 BP)
Addiction (Mild, Alcohol) (+5 BP)
Bad Luck (+20 BP)
Spells (15 BP)
Ignite
Improved Invisibility
Influence
Mind Probe
Stun Bolt
Gear & Lifestyle (25,000¥) (5 BP)
Colt Manhunter (w/Concealable Holster and 10
clips of Regular Ammo); Sony Emperor Commlink
(w/Renraku Ichi OS); Monocle w/Image Link; AR
Gloves; Mage Sight Goggles; Glasses w/Low-
Light, Flare Compensation, and Thermographic
Vision; Earbuds w/Audio Enhancement, Select
Sound Filter, and Spatial Recognizer; Lined Coat;
Magical Lodge Materials (Force 3); Maglock Passkey
(Rating 4); Lockpick Set; Autopicker; Fake SIN
(Rating 3); Fake Press License (Rating 4); 20 Security
Tags; 3 Micro Cameras; 3 Micro Microphones;
Radio Signal Scanner (Rating 3); Micro Directional
Microphone; Low Lifestyle (2 Months)
Contacts (14 BP)
Bartender (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
Fixer (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
Lone Star Beat Cop (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
Street Snitch (Connection 1/Loyalty 1)
Talismonger (Connection 2/Loyalty 1)
NOTES
Starting Nuyen: 3D6 +5 x 50¥

Genderbending, Tylor can morph her/his body. One genetic oddity that hit her, (she prefers to stay female most of the time) This really special transgender has both sets of genitalia and both are in complete working order. She can transform at will from male to female, though her basic features stay about the same, they do shift to appear either more feminine or masculine depending on what sex she is in. This helps her elude many captures.

NotoriusBEN

Just to keep us afloat, and I hope everything is progressing smoothly, mel. See you when your back.

Look what I found on my way home today... A subsidary perhaps? :P

Muse

So, if anyoe on the team is comfortable enough to share their civilian life with Yadi, she's gotten herself a nice pad on the beach and is looking for roomates. 

Advanced Lifestyle:  The Delgado Beach House (21,000 a month, includes rental of a single minivan and househod Matrix Service Provier.  It can support up to 5 with a monthly rent of 21,000 total.) 
(3)   Comforts:  Middle:
(4)   Entertainment: High   
(4)   Necesities: High    
(3)   Neighborhooed: Middle
(3)   SEcurity: Middle
(5)   Feng Shui
(2)   Hasty Exit
(1)   Homegrown Farming
(1)   Work Place
(-3)   AI in Residence
(-2)   Lax Security

The furniture isn't the best, but it matches, and it holds together.  Better still, a BusyBUddy drone helps with the house cleaning and a Horizon Leafman with extra progrmaning assists in the gardening.  A GM Mr Fix-It 2071 maintains the place and assists in the workshop, and two virtual kittens serve as altergy free houshold pets. 

Along with the usual array of quality entertainment, We're On the BEACH!  On top of that, we have small gardens and shellfish farms, meaning we eat like princes of the earth! 

In a ood neighborhood, an array of fine security measurs protect the house...  Well, actualy, we have good locks and alarms.  The security gards are usualy too busy working on their seashell collections to do their jobs. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kunoichi

Well, if you wound up joining the band, you could probably live with Timbre. ^^; It'd be a definite downgrade from your current lifestyle, though.

Chelemar

oh muse count me in as a roomie honey.

Muse

Yay! 

if we can get one more, monty rent will be down to 7,000. 

ReijiTabibito

I believe it's already been said:

Good News Everyone!

And the good news is that I'm joining, and after a three-hour crash course in learning about the Matrix, Hacking, and programs, I'm going to play a Hacker-type.  Though, he'll be able to take care of himself, given his background...

...now the only thing I have to worry about is the crazy number of Matrix programs out there, and how much they're gonna cost me...

Muse

Huzzah!  I don't have to be a hacker! 

*happily grabs the parts that he likes and tosses away the draft that was making his head throb.* 

Muse

NotoriusBEN

Alright, coolbeans as well Reiji. I can focus on my go-bots now :D
Since you were kicking around the magic idea with me muse (and you seem to like your dualie gun totin' lady friend in the picture),
A Gun-Adept isnt hard to put together and would set up our firepower nicely. The good part about that is that a Gun-slinger is already presented as a ready-made character in the core books. Just take what you like, and toss the other stuff you dont like about it.

ReijiTabibito

The two of you just remember, the most important thing in a mission is to protect the paydata.  And by protect the paydata, I mean protect me.  And by protect me, I mean 'die in a hail of megacorp gunfire while I run away.'

Kunoichi

::) Or, you know, you could just not accidentally trip the alarms in the first place...

ReijiTabibito

Kuno, I'm a hacker.  If I'm going any deeper into a corp building than the first place that I can get to an access node, then things have gone seriously, seriously wrong.

NotoriusBEN

or we need to get paydata from the white-rooms that have -no- outside connectivity. besides, get yourself a MAC-10. everyone looks pro blindfiring that whole clip over the barricade. haha

Kunoichi

Yeah, the Matrix in 4th Edition is a little more friendly to having the Hacker come along with the rest of the team on a run.  Especially since the necessary gear is a little cheaper.  You can get a decent commlink for hacking and get some helpful cyberware as well, or specialize in some other area.

ReijiTabibito

Entirely true.  Heck, you don't even need cyberware anymore to be a hacker.  All you need is a good commlink, and a bunch of programs, and off you go.  And as for MAC-10s...I prefer my guns to be a little less bulky...and automatic.

Kunoichi

True, but there is some cyberware in Augmentation that can be quite helpful to a Hacker...  Although, you may not necessarily want to invest in it, depending on your character concept, and you'll be able to do alright without it..

ReijiTabibito

Well, for right now, since I can get by without cyberware, I want to spend my funds building up my program arsenal.  Cyberware in the Matrix doesn't mean anything if you don't have a good program for it...maybe if I run out of programs to buy, and don't have enough leftover nuyen to convert back to BP.