News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Caravanserai [The Lotus Restaurant | Calypso’s Bar]

Started by Flower, July 08, 2018, 08:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

"Where Decadence Meets Extravagance."

Located on the main floor of the Caravanserai Hub, The Lotus is well worth the short trip to reach it. Head Chef Vinnie creates the menu and ensures each offering is designed to engage all of our guests’ senses. Each mouthful contains a burst of rich, unique flavors. The Lotus is a seafood and steakhouse restaurant.

Lunch is served at noon. Dinner begins at 5 pm.

"It's Wild O'Clock."

Located on the main floor of the Caravanserai Hub, Calypso’s is your stop for unparalleled fun and drinks that taste as if they were stolen from the gods' chalice. In addition to drinks, explore our billiards room, complete with pool tables and video slot machines.

Game Time: July 1, 2025 to July 11, 2025

[float=left][img height=200 padding=10][/img][/float][b]Name:[/b] Your character's name goes here.
[b]Date | Time:[/b] What day and time does your scene take place?
[b]Wearing:[/b] You can either link a picture of what your character is wearing or describe it in words.
[b]Location:[/b] Where is your character located in the hotel?
[b]Tagging:[/b] Who is your character talking to at the moment? Feel free to include if they are mentioning someone. Also mention if your scene is open or closed.[hr]

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Date | Time: June 6th 2020, mid-morning
Wearing:Gray sundress, black floppy hat, burgundy patterned shawl, and cream colored heels
Tagging: Open

Grateful the staff had indulged her early morning request, Breezy lounded on one of the outdoor benches, sipping a Passion Fruit Mimosa and finished the last few bites of whatever breakfast yumminess she had ordered on a whim. She flipped through a brochure of resort immenities she found in her room, but she had read it all before. Of course when she booked her trip a few months prior she had been planning a get-away for two. So unless she somehow played her cards very right, the couples massage was out. It opened up a lot of other possibilities though. Maybe a fancy new haircut, maybe a day at the spa, perhaps a personal training session, or she could spend all her days here in this chair.

She kicked off her fancy shoes to curl pinkly painted toys while stretching. A long whimper slipped from her lips as if all her stress was being blown away. Or that could have just been the mimosa. Parts of her old life and self still tried to make their way to the surface - mostly telling her that the Hubal suite that she had checked in was far to large for just one person and she should downgrade. But the pool had sold her to stay.

That is another thing to put on her to-do list, besides ordering another drink, was the make sure to stay in the pool till pruney at least a few times during her stay. If only her Kindle was waterproof. She finished her drink and adjusted the brim on her hat, shifting it with the sun as she dedicated herself to finishing a novel she had started to read about a year and a half ago. Before Clint.

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Peripherie

Date | Time: June 6th 2020, late morning/mid-day
Wearing:Gray sundress, black floppy hat, burgundy patterned shawl, and cream colored heels
Tagging: Open

The steamy romance scene in her book had made right on its promise of turning up the temperature, but the sun wasn't far behind in why she was beginning to need a break from the heat. Breezy applied another round of sunscreen to her exposed skin before she stood and slipped her shoes back on. How long had she been reading? Really - over an hour already? Her cozy book-nook reading made her yawn a bit even though she overall felt entirely rested.

She was started to feel a little - relaxed and excited? How long had it been since she had felt both of those two feelings together? Excited about her wedding had been all the planning had made being relaxed a thing she had forgotten about. Now, without any stresses of her old life bearing down on her, she found herself almost skipping towards the bar.

Well, not in those heels. Breezy slipped onto one of the bar stools and reached for one of the bar's drink menus. She pulled her hair up into a messy bun beneath her floppy hat as she perused all the yummy sounding options. She loved reading about all the specialty cocktails, but most of the time she just ordered a Coke with coconut rum and a lime wedge. Maybe a bartender could help sway her mind towards something more unique to the resort.

In no rush for anything but more of this relaxed feeling, she also looked over the brochure again to see what she might do next. The game room piqued her interest after being the sun all day - it might be nice to lose herself on the big screen. OR a good stretch with a yoga session in the gym. She had the worst kind of problem - too many tempting options.

Jaclyn

Name: Katrina von Roissy
Date | Time: June 6, 2020. after checking in
Wearing: Blue, warm weather onesie
Tagging: Bartender, others?

… Käti changes clothes and Fatima retires to her room ... Käti make sure she has her room passkey  and closes the door behind her ... enters the hotel bar and with a gulp walks up to the bar …

  “Um, hi? Um, may I have a, um, something with lots of fizz and a bit of gin? Tanqueray or Boodles or, um Hendrick's would be the best? My, um, my malaria is actinng up.” #Nervous Giiggle

…  glances around ... no one else ... turns back to the bartender …

  “Um, hey! I'm Käti. Just got here? You?”

… a red hared chick comes in too ... Käti nods to her ...cute! …

HockeyGod

Name: Brandon Murphy
Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Morning
Wearing: Bartender uniform (in the pic)
Tagging: Breezy & Katrina

With the check-ins running smoothly, Brandon left one of this bartender colleagues to ensure that guests would have ample refreshments while he returned to the Mirage. The bar was thus far fairly quiet which was not a surprise for late morning. Most of the breakfast patrons were gone and planted themselves on beach chairs, mats and in cabanas by the water. Noticing new arrivals, Brandon smiled. The first was a fiery red head who found a comfy spot and began to peruse the cocktail menu. The second was a blond, who spoke first. Without wanting to interrupt any conversation, he made his presence known.

"Greetings and welcome to Mirage, I'm Brandon and here to serve ya." Brandon's light accent punctuated his words. "We've got several specialty drinks here in honor of our beautiful surroundings, but also a full bar with whatever you desire. Sweet, salty, sour...all the tastes."

Peripherie

Tagging: Bartendar Brandon, Katrina, Open

The Mirage's bar area was living up to its name, that was for sure. Something real and idyllic that was close to the edge of impossible in the middle of the desert. Spending the late morning lounging by the bar had been serene and quiet. A balm to Breezy's soul. But she wasn't someone that shied away from other people, so when a few folks started to come by the bar, she was glad to see them.

There was already a pretty blond lady who was chatting to someone, and she sent a nod her way. Breezy smiled back and admired the woman's powder blue outfit. Under the canopy of the bar, she slipped off her patterned shawl to expose soft, freckle covered shoulders.

Next, a very well dressed bartender came back up behind the bar and greeted herself and the other woman. She spoke first, knowing what she wanted. Breezy had thought she had picked what she wanted in her mind, but now with the opportunity to order she started to second guess herself. "Good morning Brandon. Thank you. I agree with you - this place is stunningly beautiful." She said with a soft smile that turned down as she still didn't know what she wanted. Breezy chewed on her bottom lip. "Um, um, um ... can I have something with pineapple juice in it? Anything tropical ... and boozy!"

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6, 2020. after checking in
Tagging: Brandon, Breezy, Open

… Brandon introduces himself ... repeat my order and my bad joke …

  “Nothing special Brandon, Hendrick's and tonic and a slice of lime? My, um, my malaria is acting up.” #Nervous Giiggle

…  the redhead asks for something boozy …

  “Make that a double on the Hendrick's please, Brandon.”

… turn to the redhead ... smile at her outfit …

  “Hi, I'm Käti. Short for Katrina.”

… hold out my hand …

HockeyGod

Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Morning

Brandon listened as Breezy described a drink - tropical with pineapple juice. "Well, there's the traditional pina colada. But...I think we can do something better than that." Brandon moved with a professional fluidity to gather ingredients.

¾ Part Absolut Vodka
¾ Part Blue Curacao
⅓ Part Coconut Syrup
Pineapple Juice
1 Whole Cherry

Brandon filled a highball glass with ice cubes. He added the Absolut Vodka, blue curacao and coconut syrup. Finally, he topped up with pineapple juice and garnished with a cherry.

"It's a Blue Hawaiian." Brandon set the glass down in front of Breezy.

A Blue Hawaiian

Brandon then turned to Käti. "Did you know that a Hendrick's and tonic is traditionally served with cucumber and often a rosemary skewer?" He smiled. "But it's just as tasty with a lime."

A Hendrick's Gin and Tonic with Lime

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6, 2020. after checking in an d arriving at Mirage, the bar

…  Cucumber? …

  “With a Cucumber?” I'll try that! Cool me down, Brandon!

… shiver slightly ... it's so damn hot here! …

Peripherie

"It's nice to meet you Kati. My name is Breezy." She shook the woman's hand before she turned her attention to watch Brandon make drinks. That was a relaxing pasttime she enjoyed whenever she was in a restaurant. If a bartender was good enough then watching them create cocktails was like magic. And Brandon definately had the charm and the smile to count. He finished something blue, green, and heavenly before setting it in front of her.

"Ooo.. that looks wonderful, thank you." She took a sip of the Blue Hawaaiin and made a face that said it was just the right mix of sweet, sour, and sharp. "Wow, that's good."

She waited till Kati got her drink and started to try it before address her again. "This place is something else. I'm not sure what I want to do first." Then she pulled Brandon in to the conversation as well. "Any suggestions?"

HockeyGod

Date | Time: June 6th 2020 | Mid-Morning

Nodding, Brandon altered the drink for Katrina and added a curl of cucumber to the glass.

The New Drink

Brandon smiled as Breezy inquired about what to do at Caravanserai. "Glad you enjoy the drink. There's so much to do at our idyllic Caravanserai. You could take some time to relax in the Oasis Spa. Or perhaps try some fun at the game room or sporting courts. If you've indulged too much you could use our state of the art exercise facilities." Brandon's smile broadened. "Or you could do nothing. Just be. Yoga has a term for it - santosha - contentment."

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6, 2020. after checking in and arriving at Mirage, the bar

… while Brandon dolls up my gin and tonic with Cucumber, I shake Breezy's hand and then we each taste our drinks …

  “Very nice Brandon! Thank you.”

… Brandon describes the activities here …

  “Do they have any of those balloon tire bicycles here? The ones they call Fat Bikes? I wonder what it's like to surf down a sand dune on one of those. Are there like any ruins or interesting places we could ride to out in the desert? Or walk to? I guess maybe a couple of miles walk might be doable with the right clothing. Too much of this sun can't be good for anyone's skin! And we'd need to carry lots of water.”

Peripherie

With every sip of her drink, the Yogic concept of just relaxing sounded better and better. Kati started to mention a few more adventerous activites and those sounded fun too - though perhaps done when a little bit sober. "Exploring ruins would be fun indeed, if that truely was a thing here." Speaking towards Kati, she swirled the colors in her drink and settled back into her chair.

"I do hope to do some swimming soon. I heard there was a large pool on the room." She said with a gaze down at the bare skin of her arms hoping she hadn't started to pinken. She was never able to fully tan. "I bet it would be a beautiful sight to swim up there under the stars." Her eyes shifted towards Brandon again, "Do you know if there are any telescopes here?"

HockeyGod

Brandon nodded as the guests Katrina and Breezy enjoyed their drinks and asked questions about Caravanserai. "Absolutely, Käti, we take full advantage of the surrounding landscape. You should try sand surfing or go out on the dune buggies. It does get quite hot so we recommend in the early morning or in the late evening. It can also drop quite cool at night, so warm clothes are needed. A desert is defined by its lack of water, not just its heat."

"We do have various telescopes located throughout the compound. There are some that give excellent vantage points of the sky and some that are designed to look off into the desert." Brandon noted. "There is one exceptionally well positioned for the night sky on the roof."

Jaclyn

Date | Time: June 6, 2020. after checking in and arriving at Mirage

… sip my drink and nod as Brandon describes telescopes and sand surfing ... turn to Breezy …

  “Are you a morning person? I'm cursed like that. So go out when it's just light enough to see, watch the sun come up and dune surf? Back in time for a Bloody Maria and a nap and then lay around the pool until dinner? I wouldn't mind getting up so early that floating in the pool and looking up would have a fuull sky of stars. My suite has a pool all it's very own. Not a big one, but enough for floating and looking up!”

… the whole idea fills me up with plans ... sand surfing! …

  “Brandon, does sand surfing use like surf boards? How big are the? Like the little boogie boards that won't really catch a wave but are enough to help body surf?”

Peripherie

Tagging: Tagging: Bartendar Brandon, Katrina

"I can be a morning person." She smiled at Kati - her friendly demeanor and eager excitement was infectious. "Though right now I am thinking that I might try out all the snazy comforts of my room. Like yours, mine has a pool but right now I'm more interested in that very large and overstuffed bed. Then later I will see about this roof area." She finished the last few sips of her drink and then turned to Brandon to pay. She made sure to include a good tip for his exerpt craftmanship and his suggetsions. "Thank you for the drink. I'm sure to be back by later."

She turned again to Kati and gave her a soft wave goodbye as she stood up. "Next time we meet, you'll have to tell me what you find out about the fun stuff to do - out there." She shifted her hand towards the edge of the outside bar area where you could see the sand dunes peeking out just beyond.

HockeyGod

Tagging: Katrina

Brandon nodded to Katrina. "It is very similar to surfing on water. The board is a little different - it doesn't have fins. They'd likely break off on the sand. You can also sandboard which is like snowboarding. The good thing about sandboarding is that the sand doesn't melt like snow. The bad thing is there are no ski lifts so you either have to hike it back up to the top of the dune or hitch a ride on a buggy."

Jaclyn

… not melting? …

  “Buh bye Breezy! Nap good! Dance with me at the party?”

… watch her go ... would sleep with her! ... dang cute! ... turn back to look out at the desert and then to look at our bartender  …

  “So kind of like a boogie board without any fin. Or body surfing. I was foolish a while ago. I swam on the Oahu North Shore in December. Surf was huge, like 20 foot waves. Swam out and each time a wave crested, the shore was farther and farther away. Learned to body surf really quick or I would have eventually wound up washed ashore on Attu! ”

HockeyGod

Tagging: Katrina, open

Brandon listened as Katrina described her experience surfing. "Ack, we don't do much surfing of water around here...though I wonder if we could get a wave going in the pool?" He snickered. "What brings you to Caravanserai? Brandon asked as he cleaned up from making drinks.

Jaclyn

Tagging: Brandon, Breezy but she's gone, Open

… bid Breezy farewell ... watch her cute ass as she leaves ... would so nap with her! ... turn back to Brandon …

  “Yeah well, sand surfing has got to be different from the Banzai pipeline. Dangerous but for different reasons. ”

… why am I here?  …

  “My, um, my therapist said I needed to get as far away as I could. Choices were jungles or deserts or islands. No idea why I picked deserts instead of islands but here I am! Why are you working here, out in the middle of west of west no place?”

Steffy

Steffy Danielle Dubois, Adventurer
Date | Time: after checking in, changing and now waiting to enter the bar
Wearing: Summer dress
Tagging: Theodore Leavenworth and Khalil and anyone else wandering by

Oopsy!  I hear mention made of the very efficient receptionist.  Lalita!  Did I call her Lolita?  I hope not.  Oopsy!

Theodore very suavely explains how a drink is not in the current cards.  No doubt he’s used to being pressed for his company.  I smile.  “Of course.”

Bags taken to my lovely room, I unpack one suitcase, take a shower, bubbles and bath later for when time is my friend, and slip into my summer dress.  After wandering a bit, a bumping trial and error, I find the steps that lead to the bar.  Will Khalil show for a drink or not?  I’ll politely wait for a bit, but then it’s the next good offer.

Jaclyn

Tagging: Brandon, the girl (Steffy) in the white dress near the entrance, Open

… Brandon seems busy polishing glasses ... turn to look around ... a dim figure in a white dress is near the entrance ... hold up my drink and gesture with the my other hand …

  “Come in! We don't bite!”

Steffy

Date | Time: after checking in, changing and now entering the bar
Tagging: KvR, Khalil and anyone else wandering by

My attention caught by a raised drink and signal, I giggle.  I look around to see if Khalil is in view--nope, not around.  I stand up, brush my dress and toss my hair.

I walk in, trying out a not-so-practiced desert runway walk.  I reach the friendly blonde and smile.  “Dubois’s the name, and (giggle) I’m not sure what the game is yet.”   I extend my hand, “I’m Steffy!”  I look around, “I think I was to meet a new guest at a bar, this bar I think.  But so far, no Khalil.”   

I look at the drink.  “That looks good.  What is it?”

Jaclyn

Tagging: Brandon (bartender), Steffy Dubois, Open

… the girl comes in and introduces herself …

  “Hi Steffy Dubois, I'm Käti, Käti von Roissy.”

… she asks after my drink ... gesture to the bartender …

  “Brandon made it. It's a gin and tonic with cucumber. Nice and cool in this heat. And almost gone!”

… turn to Brandon …

  “Two more of these Cucumber G&Ts please Brandon. Steffy seems thirsty!”

… she remarks on meeting someone …

  “Khalil? Haven't met them. Is that a chick? I've just met a chick named Breezy here but she left to test her napping skills. And Brandon here. I was just happy to get through that crush at the front desk. Al elbows and assholes as far as I could tell.” #Giggle

Steffy

Date | Time: after checking in, changing and now entering the bar
Tagging: KvR, Khalil and anyone else wandering by

The drink is detailed.  “Cucumber?  Locally sourced I assume.”  (Smile).  “And elbows and assholes, not locally sourced I would guess.” 

“Steffy, Steffy Dubois Käti .  I hope I pronounced that correctly.”

I look around the bar.  “No.  As far as I know, Khalil is male.  When you waved, I thought you might be Khalil who had changed to evening wear, but getting closer, clearly not the case.”

“What do you make of the scene so far?  I would be interested in making some contacts eventually.”