Lost Bonds |Naruto based roleplay| Interest/Open

Started by LeSane, July 13, 2014, 09:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

If we need a Genin instead of Chuunin, my character can be one..<3

Sessha

Well right now I'm waiting on a yay or nay from Scar on my character.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Annie

Quote from: Sessha on July 22, 2014, 09:07:13 PM
Well right now I'm waiting on a yay or nay from Scar on my character.

Me too. I'm waiting for  some input to fix my character.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

FortunateTaboo

Quote from: Annie on July 22, 2014, 09:24:12 PM
Me too. I'm waiting for  some input to fix my character.
*twiddles thumbs while joining the waiting boat*

^^
My Cravings thread.
My O/o's thread.
My A/a

LeSane

Quote from: FortunateTaboo on July 22, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
*twiddles thumbs while joining the waiting boat*

^^

Yea... The character you presented is seems way overpowered for the rest of the those who applied. Looking at everything he doesn't seem like he'd have very much growth as a character in game. We'd need to talk about this more in depth. I don't want to put you out there for everyone to read.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Green Goo Theory

I do have additional characters if the current one posted (when additional information is provided) proves to be problematic. 
Coming soon...

Marie Reynolds

Oh Scarification i just realized I forgot to add some things to the weapons entry under my sheet and wanted to get your okay on four jars of Kikaichū.

FortunateTaboo

Finished an overhaul of my profile. Guess a night's rest does wonders in making better characters. ^^

Sorry to everyone who were rolling their eyes.. I'm still learning on character creations.. T_T

EDIT: Also made sure to run it by scar just fyi.

EDIT 2: before editing the profile that is.
My Cravings thread.
My O/o's thread.
My A/a

SheerFantasia

Which sort of makes me wonder about my own character now...  ::)

Any chance that he might be overpowered for the campaign?

Wolfy

Scar, I'm kinda waiting on your answer to my PM's....I know I sent a lot of questions. :/

El Maligno

I'm sure he just didn't want too many S rank nins running around and I think we already have 2 or 3 right now.

FortunateTaboo

I've cut my profile down to size, so that's one less to manage ^^

Plus, like scar said to me, there's no real character development to be had if the character was already well suited.
My Cravings thread.
My O/o's thread.
My A/a

cabalxxvi

•NAME ⇢ Jubei Gensai

• AGE ⇢ 21

• RANK ⇢ B Rank Chunin

• AFFILIATION ⇢ Konohagakure

• KEKKEI GENKAI ⇢ Wind Release, Magnet Release (From the tailed beast)

• TAILED BEAST ⇢ Shukaku

• WEAPON ⇢ Katana, Chiso Katana, Kama with a chain that can attach. (Will explain in the Bio)

• 4 PERSONALITY TRAITS ⇢ Perfectionist, Loyal, Detached, Stubborn

• SHORT BIO ⇢ A boy, lost in the world, and no where to go. Jubei wandered for a long time, and was found at the age of 8 stealing food from a vendor. A samurai by the name of Yakamoto Sinpai took in the child, and raised him as his own. He found him in the wild stealing, and doing everything he could to survive. Yakamoto trained him in the way of the samurai, and when he failed his coming of age trials at 12 Yakamoto was forced to abandon the child. Jubei's free spirit, and his stubbornness was what got him thrown out of the trials, and removed as a member of the village.

Once again the teen wandered the world, and eventually came accross Konohagakure, but it wasn't in health. The boy collapsed from malnutrition and dehydration. To top it off it was the dead of winter. He was in a coma for some time, and when he had awoken in the medial building in the city, he had a strange tattoo on his stomach. During his coma, a one tailed beast was trapped into his body. The boy was awake for less than a day, and the Hokage at the time wanted to train the man in the ways of the Ninja. He had to learn to control the powers that were within him.

Jubei was a natural, and rose in the ranks quickly. He became a B rank Chunin in no time, and eventually was doing his own missions. The boy mastered the arts of his tailed beast, and borrowed the powers quite frequently. The sand manipulation played into his fighting style perfectly. The ultimate defense, that worked well with his offense. The boy was a natural, and as time went on, he only got better.

He was coming close to earning the title of Jounin, and becoming an A rank, but his stubbornness to listen, and follow orders was a problem. He was more than loyal to the leaf, but he did what he wanted, how he wanted, and when he wanted; which was a problem for his rank, and ability to promote within the system. Hopefully he would rank soon, and not let his flaws stop him. This year was his year.

• THEME SONG ⇢ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_yo_VGOSw
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

cabalxxvi

I am going to be modifying my character right now. Having an issue today with the back button on my mouse for some reason, and have done this 3 times now.

Green Goo Theory

Sand and magnet release both?  That's a pretty hefty combo with completely different basics to learn and use them. 
Coming soon...

cabalxxvi

The wiki goes into detail on Shukaku's abilities, and it's going to be a great challenge for me to play.

King Serperior

Those techniques mean that Puppets will be completely useless against him.  I think, that after a few losses against some Tailed Beasts, Kenji will have to find someone who is good at seals to make a seal that Kenji can install in a Puppet as a last resort  O.o

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: cabalxxvi on July 23, 2014, 09:12:39 PM
The wiki goes into detail on Shukaku's abilities, and it's going to be a great challenge for me to play.

For starters the Naruto wiki is terribad. If you want an accurate website take a look at leafninja.com.   Secondly Magnetism is not part of Shukkaku's abilities. 

Quote from: King Serperior on July 23, 2014, 09:16:31 PM
Those techniques mean that Puppets will be completely useless against him.  I think, that after a few losses against some Tailed Beasts, Kenji will have to find someone who is good at seals to make a seal that Kenji can install in a Puppet as a last resort  O.o

I'd give you puppet ideas if my puppet user weren't my primary backup if this character ends up being an issue. 
Coming soon...

cabalxxvi

The Naruto Wiki may be Terribad, but it has the information directly on the site for Shukaku, and I haven't found anything about the abilities for the One Tail anywhere else. The passage from the Wiki reads,

Sand ManipulationShukaku's most notable ability is its sand manipulation, through the use of Magnet Release, using it as an effective weapon and shield. Since its whole body is completely made of sand, the tanuki can ignore most damage that would otherwise be detrimental, as shown when it had one of its arms chopped off byGamabunta and was still able to keep on fighting. Its sand is also durable enough to block a senjutsu-enhanced Susanoo sword.

So I apologize if I have my information completely wrong with the Magnet release.

cabalxxvi

I apologize, it's wind, and magnet release. My bad.

Green Goo Theory

yeah, that's just fans misreading what's actually in the manga.  It happens a lot and with the wiki anyone and everyone can edit the page to fit their needs.  Shukkaku doesn't have magnet release.  It does have sand and wind though.

The misconception though is derived from the fact that almost every person in the series that developed magnetic jutsu did so as a means to emulate the abilities of the Shukkaku.  Basically, no normal human could use sand without the beast.  After trying and trying and trying and trying to do it the only method to allow ninjas to manipulate large masses of dust was magnet release.  The two aren't actually connected in any way mechanically; only thematically. 

Really, a human with a flamethrower has more relation to a naturally fire breathing dragon than magnet release and shukkaku. 

I didn't mean to jump on you about it either.  It's just kind of a knee-jerk reaction with sand/magnet release due to prior experience on the matter. 
Coming soon...

King Serperior

Hmmm, since wind is a common elemental release in the Sand, perhaps, later on in the game, Kenji can discover that his Chakra element is Wind and incorporate a "Chakra Cannon" that fires concentrated bursts of wind into one of his Puppets?

*Makes notes for later*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

ZephySempai

I love how Serp is totally focused on his puppets xD

FortunateTaboo

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 23, 2014, 10:32:18 PM

*glances at King*

*bring out note pad*

Something tells me I should be researching something or another.
My Cravings thread.
My O/o's thread.
My A/a

King Serperior

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 23, 2014, 10:32:18 PM
Nothing wrong with that!  ;P
Quote from: FortunateTaboo on July 23, 2014, 10:37:24 PM
*glances at King*

*bring out note pad*

Something tells me I should be researching something or another.
Hmm, I don't know about that.  I just love the Puppet Technique.

On another note, I think that an OOC might be a good thing before too long, else we'll all flood the thread with OOC comments like this and drown out potential new players  >_>;

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace