Werewolves: New Blood [OOC thread]

Started by Valerian, April 05, 2010, 09:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Welcome!  Hopefully we can start the game soon.  We have ten players currently (see below), though I will go up to twelve, if there are one or two more who'd like to give it a try.

Albedo
Maric
The Exiled
GeekFury
Ex68471
VictoriaVale
Watari

Lucius Cornelius
AncientMaster

The Unholy Potato

Since some of you may not be familiar with the game, or at least haven't played it online, I've worked up a sample round or two.  You can also browse through any of the games here in the Vault -- currently active games are stickied at the top of the page, while completed games are below.

Day 1: Players arrive in the little village of Smith's Crossing and settle in.  Roles are assigned, with only the werewolves knowing each others' identities.

Night 1: An NPC is killed by the werewolves.  (This is a trick I use online to give everyone the chance for a little more roleplaying.)

Day 2: Discovering the death, the players vote to lynch one of their number.  Everyone must vote (though allowance will be made for absences and emergencies), and no one can vote for themselves.  Votes are tallied like so:

SuzyQ (6): RPGuy, DragonSlayer, RoseRed23, Arturo, Captain Midnight, Arwen
Dragon Slayer (2): SuzyQ, Little Kitty
RoseRed (1): Miss X

Yet to vote: Jameson113

SuzyQ is in serious trouble, but she has until all the votes are in to try to persuade people to change their minds.  Votes can be changed until they are all in and tallied.  Private messages are encouraged!  SuzyQ may want to speak privately to all those who have voted against her in an attempt to convince them to vote for someone else.  Just remember to CC me into all PM conversations.  :)  You can also post in the public game thread, of course, to argue for one candidate over another.

In this case, SuzyQ can't get anyone to change votes, Jameson113 votes for her as well, and she is lynched.  At that point, her role will be revealed, and everyone will learn if she was a villager, a werewolf, or perhaps had one of the special roles such as the seer.  But poor SuzyQ was an innocent villager.

Night 2: The werewolves discuss their choice of victim via PM and let me know who they're targeting to kill that night.  The seer, who can spy out the role of one other player each night, also sends me their choice of player.  The seer will be informed whether their target is an innocent or a wolf, or perhaps the guardian.  The guardian also privately chooses a player to guard and sends me that name.  The guardian can guard his or her self.  Lynching is another matter, though -- the guardian can't save anyone from the lynch.

In this case, the werewolves target Captain Midnight.  If the guardian chose to protect Captain Midnight, then the wolf attack would fail and the next morning the villagers would learn that everyone had survived the night.  If the seer chose to spy on Captain Midnight to learn the Captain's role, they would still learn it, though unless the guardian protected him, that knowledge would come too late.  Once a player dies, either by lynch or by werewolf, that player's role becomes public knowledge.

The guardian can be killed by wolves just like any other player, unless the guardian has chosen to protect him/herself that night.

At the start of the third day, the villagers are told who died during the night (if anyone) and that person's role, and the next round of lynch voting begins.

Since this will be a small game, the seer and the guardian will probably be the only special roles, and there will be just two or three werewolves.  Most of you will be innocent villagers, just trying to survive by lynching the wolves.

Questions, general chatter, etc. goes in this thread, though once the game starts, remember not to give anything away here.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

I hope all of you enjoy the game. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lucius Cornelius

Well , hello to all.  Hope it would be fun.

a word of warning that i always made.
English is not my native language, so sorry if i misspelled some word or if my grammar is not  good enough, i try to improve.  O:)

AncientMaster

Hi guys, this looks to be fun.

and dont worry Lucius you doing really well, i cant tell you dont speak english as a first  ;D

Valerian

Yep, you're doing fine, Lucius.  :)

I've sent out some PMs to those who haven't posted here yet, to make sure everyone's still ready to play, and I should be sending out the roles tomorrow or Monday.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have played the game before, in one version or other?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

VictoriaVale

This'll be my first time playing  :o

Albedo

I've never played this type of game before, but have heard all about them and am interested in playing one.
Looking forward to it.

Lucius Cornelius

The Unholy Potato

Aah, yes, good old Mafia, quite happy try it out, again. Here's to hoping that I don't die horribly too early on.

The Exiled

This kitten is still interested in their first Mafia styled game.

Thanks for the heads up, Valerian. You're sweet to host this.  ;D

Watari

Still interested! Can't wait to get started.

Valerian

Okay, just three more people that I need to hear back from.  I'll get things started as soon as I can; and in the meantime, feel free to chat and/or ask any questions you might have.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Paladin

umm are you allowing new blood into this?

Valerian

Quote from: Paladin on April 12, 2010, 01:55:23 PM
umm are you allowing new blood into this?
Well, this particular game is meant for those who are new to Elliquiy in general.  Once this one is underway, though, I will be starting up another game for anyone who'd like to play, as usual.  Most of the time it is all the same people who sign up, it's true, but the games aren't meant to be exclusive to that group.  I can sign you up for the next round of that game if you like.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Maric

My apologies for not responding earlier!  I was on vacation.  Anyways, I'm here and I'm ready.

Valerian

And my apologies for the delay -- I seem to have lost my tenth player, and nine is probably too few to start with.  But I hope to get another nibble on the game soon.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

GeekFury

As I said in a PM to Valerian I'm willing to play! Need to start somewhere. :-)

Valerian

Excellent!  I have one more possible player, but even if he opts out, we have enough to begin.  :)

I'm setting up the game thread now, and hopefully I'll be sending out the private messages soon, to let everyone know their roles.  Just to recap a little, you'll all be either werewolves, the village seer who can spy out the roles of others, the guardian who can protect one player each night, or villagers just trying to survive.  Only the werewolves will know their allies.

The first day will just be a little roleplaying, and a chance for everyone to start trying to guess who's who.  Then we'll have a night where an NPC will die.  This is just to help everyone last a little longer, so the seer and the guardian won't be using their roles that first night.

The second day, we'll have the lynch vote, and the chaos will truly begin.  :)  Again, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask at any time, either here or in private message.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Everyone should have a private message with their role.  I've unlocked the game thread, and everyone feel free to start posting about settling in, chatting, etc.  As you may have seen from the other games, there's often a little light roleplaying going on, among the strategy of trying to decide who's who.  Remember not to give anything away here in the OOC thread, and be careful of who you trust!  You never know who might howl at the moon when no one's around.  ;)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

GeekFury

Ok made a post and hope I have'nt cocked it up on my first go ^^;

Valerian

No, that's fine.  There aren't any specific rules about this; right now it's just chatting and hopefully having some fun talking to your fellow villagers while you try to decide who might secretly be a rampaging werewolf.   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

I hope everyone's enjoying things so far.  :)  And I know it's tough to make this first vote -- the idea is that as the rounds continue, you can learn from past mistakes and previous voting patterns -- but everyone will have to vote for someone to remove from the game.

If you could also please bold your votes so they're easier for me to find, that would be good.  And remember that you're not stuck with your first vote -- they can be changed right up until I tally all the votes.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: Valerian on April 20, 2010, 09:17:21 AM
If you could also please bold your votes so they're easier for me to find, that would be good.  And remember that you're not stuck with your first vote -- they can be changed right up until I tally all the votes.  :)

Forgive me for this slightly frivolous post, but when, exactly, would this be? I plan to make my vote immediately, but I think that knowing would be fan-dabby-dabulous, anyway.

Additionally, as a general clarification, I would like to ask if it is possible to select no victim as a voting option, or if one must mere abstain, leaving the decision making to others?

Thank you in advance,
The Unholy Potato

Caeli

It is not possible to abstain, or select "no victim" as a voting option. Everybody must vote. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

The Unholy Potato

Really?! I was quite certain that I noticed some previous Mafia players who refrained from voting! Fair enough. I shall have to rethink things, then. Thank you, Ms. Caeli.

-The Unholy Potato

Albedo

So what's going on with this game? No one has posted in a while?

Lucius Cornelius

think that is like the old west. all await to see who "shoot " first.

The Unholy Potato

Well... While it's mildly out of character for the shopkeeper, I guess I'll do the shooting. Better that than allow the game to stagnate like this!

-The Unholy Potato

Valerian

It is rough to vote first, I'm afraid, but someone has to do it.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: Valerian on April 22, 2010, 05:02:32 PM
It is rough to vote first, I'm afraid, but someone has to do it.  :)

Well, it is done (dun dunnnnnnn)! Forgive me, Victoria, but I wished to select someone to break the dam, and you seemed as good a choice as any.

-The Unholy Potato

VictoriaVale

:o

...Oh my... *sobs*

...Does anybody have a spare tissue?  :P

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: VictoriaVale on April 23, 2010, 03:22:36 PM

...Oh my... *sobs*

not tissue, but can lend you a shoulder... :P

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: VictoriaVale on April 23, 2010, 03:22:36 PM

...Oh my... *sobs*

Oh, do calm yourself, dear. I am slightly skeptical that you will actually be selected.

Regardless, here're your tissues. *Offers Victoria a box of tissues*

-The Unholy Potato

Albedo

I hope this game isn't dead, are we still waiting on people to vote?

Valerian

We still need votes from AncientMaster, Ex68471, Maric, and Watari.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Sorry, guys.  AncientMaster and Watari haven't been active for a few days.  If you all still want to carry on with the game, then my suggestion is to give them another day or two to return; and if they don't reappear, I'll see if I can find replacement players so we can finish.  Okay?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

fine to me. perhaps  a pm form the master to remind they that we miss their vote?

Valerian

Yes, I've PMed them both, but they haven't been on since, unfortunately.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Okay, we've officially lost three players now, I'm afraid.

If the seven of you remaining would all like to continue, then please let me know, here or in PM.  I have one or two other possible players lined up, and if we can reach ten again, I suggest restarting the game completely, with new roles for everyone.

How does that sound?  I know several of you have seemed to enjoy the game so far, and I'm glad to get things moving again if that's what you'd all like.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Watari

Lucius Cornelius

i love the idea ot the mafia concept, so i would love to play too.

Albedo

Valerian

I bumped the players wanted thread, and have one more player from there, so that's four for sure; and there were another couple of people who showed interest before that I'm waiting to hear back from.  So it might take a little while, but I'm sure we'll get enough players before too long.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

The Unholy Potato

Hear, hear, Valerian. I'd like to thank you for keeping this alive (or trying to shock it back to life, anyway) despite the losses we've seen. For what its worth: yes, this does count as a statement from me that I'm still interested, assuming that's at all possible. I'll be sure to send you a PM, as well, to ensure that you have a more easily accessible record of my interest.

ScorpioQueen

I'm set and ready to go, sorry it took a moment to post in the OOC thread. :) Did I miss PMs of roles? or the restart of the game? :) I love mafia type games. I used to have a group of friends that would get together and play face to face. VERY FUN. :) SOOO that made me SUPER excited when I realized E had them! hehe.  ;D
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

Valerian

Alas, I still need three more players, I'm afraid.  Hopefully we can start soon, though.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

hi valerian, i souppouse that we are still waiting for 3 new players to join and re-scheduled the game?

Valerian

Yes, I'm afraid so.  :(  I'll try hunting a little more, unless anyone knows of anyone who might like to play...?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

i usuallly post once or twice a time in the newcomers welcome thread,
is it ok if i point them the thread of this game there? i don't know if is it against the rules or not.

Valerian

Well, players do need to be approved, since private messages are a necessity for this game.  But if you see someone you've been chatting with has just been approved, by all means mention the game.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Okay, one way or the other, I will start this game by next Monday -- if necessary, I'll ask some of the established players to join in.  But I hate making all of you wait, and I hope you're all still interested in giving it a try.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

ScorpioQueen

The Unholy Potato

I second the Queen's response. I'll be happy just to have this start, once and for all!

Valerian

All right, anyone who hasn't posted recently, please do so now if you're still interested.  I'm asking for players from my other Mafia-style game, which just ended, so we should be able to get underway soon.  Yay!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

Valerian

Okay, tentative list of those I'm pretty sure are still around to play:

Albedo
Lucius Cornelius
ScorpioQueen
The Unholy Potato
Watari

And I have bunches of people from the other Mafia game ready to join in to fill out the ranks.  Don't worry, they'll be gentle with you.  ;)  I'll just wait a bit longer to see if any other original players want to (re)join in, and we can hopefully be underway very soon.  ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Wait who said I had to be gentle?  >:)

Valerian

Well, gentle enough not to frighten people away.  :)

Everyone should have a PM with their role.  To recap for anyone who has not played this game before, I'll quote my sample of play from the first post of this thread:

Quote from: Valerian on April 05, 2010, 09:10:18 AM
Since some of you may not be familiar with the game, or at least haven't played it online, I've worked up a sample round or two.  You can also browse through any of the games here in the Vault -- currently active games are stickied at the top of the page, while completed games are below.

Day 1: Players arrive in the little village of Smith's Crossing and settle in.  Roles are assigned, with only the werewolves knowing each others' identities.

Night 1: An NPC is killed by the werewolves.  (This is a trick I use online to give everyone the chance for a little more roleplaying.)

Day 2: Discovering the death, the players vote to lynch one of their number.  Everyone must vote (though allowance will be made for absences and emergencies), and no one can vote for themselves.  Votes are tallied like so:

SuzyQ (6): RPGuy, DragonSlayer, RoseRed23, Arturo, Captain Midnight, Arwen
Dragon Slayer (2): SuzyQ, Little Kitty
RoseRed (1): Miss X

Yet to vote: Jameson113

SuzyQ is in serious trouble, but she has until all the votes are in to try to persuade people to change their minds.  Votes can be changed until they are all in and tallied.  Private messages are encouraged!  SuzyQ may want to speak privately to all those who have voted against her in an attempt to convince them to vote for someone else.  Just remember to CC me into all PM conversations.  :)  You can also post in the public game thread, of course, to argue for one candidate over another.

In this case, SuzyQ can't get anyone to change votes, Jameson113 votes for her as well, and she is lynched.  At that point, her role will be revealed, and everyone will learn if she was a villager, a werewolf, or perhaps had one of the special roles such as the seer.  But poor SuzyQ was an innocent villager.

Night 2: The werewolves discuss their choice of victim via PM and let me know who they're targeting to kill that night.  The seer, who can spy out the role of one other player each night, also sends me their choice of player.  The seer will be informed whether their target is an innocent or a wolf, or perhaps the guardian.  The guardian also privately chooses a player to guard and sends me that name.  The guardian can guard his or her self.  Lynching is another matter, though -- the guardian can't save anyone from the lynch.

In this case, the werewolves target Captain Midnight.  If the guardian chose to protect Captain Midnight, then the wolf attack would fail and the next morning the villagers would learn that everyone had survived the night.  If the seer chose to spy on Captain Midnight to learn the Captain's role, they would still learn it, though unless the guardian protected him, that knowledge would come too late.  Once a player dies, either by lynch or by werewolf, that player's role becomes public knowledge.

The guardian can be killed by wolves just like any other player, unless the guardian has chosen to protect him/herself that night.

At the start of the third day, the villagers are told who died during the night (if anyone) and that person's role, and the next round of lynch voting begins.

Any questions and general chatter can go in this thread, though be sure not to give too much away!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Hello, everyone.  This looks to be an exciting game. 

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Hello everyone cant wait to get started
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

The Unholy Potato

Hooray! A game up and running again! Thank you to all of the veterans who signed up to help us newbies get a good game of Mafia in.

-The Unholy Potato

Remiel

Not a problem, Potato.  A lot of us are Mafia game addicts; we simply can't get enough.  Especially when Valerian is running the game. =P

Beguile's Mistress

Hi, Potato.  *waves*  Let's see how it goes.  I don't seem last too long in these games.  :D

The Unholy Potato

Really, Beguile? Well, here's to a little more luck this time through, assuming that you aren't an evil, scheming werewolf! *Paranoid stare*

Beguile's Mistress

We shall see what we shall see.  *grins*  That's me trying to be mysterious!  :D

Esoteric Myobi

This is what I get for posting so late! >.>;

-pulled up a magical orchard out of thin air-

I hope it wasn't too unbelievable...I just noticed that there wasn't any fruit around...is there? O.O

If there is I obviously missed it =x

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

ScorpioQueen

*Nods in agreement* I'm very eager to get things started. :) This shall be fun. Mafia is pretty addicting.

Beguile's Mistress

I have a garden of medicinal plants and herb as well as many flowers for perfumes, teas and some edible decoration.  There are also vegetables that I tend and I gather many more ingredients from the roadside and the forests.

I do like fruit, though, so I may visit your orchard and maybe purchase one of your pies. :D

Esoteric Myobi

Yay customers! =D

-lays out fresh fruity pastries and a few jars of jam next to the recently picked fruit-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Valerian

It looks like you're all having such fun roleplaying, I almost hate to move the game along.  Heh.  Would everyone like another few hours just to settle in?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

haha that means someone is about to die!

Esoteric Myobi

Nuu, I haven't even managed to sell one apple pie yet Dx

I'm fine with either a few more hours or continuing =)

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Beguile's Mistress

Any way you think the game should go is okay with me.

Valerian

Given that it's a holiday weekend in the U.S., things may be slow anyway.  I'll move things along in an hour or three, unless anyone has any objections, though it's possible we won't get a lot of voting until Tuesday in any case.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

sounds good to me....Thanks Valerian
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Ryven

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on May 28, 2010, 01:20:35 PM
Nuu, I haven't even managed to sell one apple pie yet Dx

I'm fine with either a few more hours or continuing =)

Apple pie?  I have a competitor, I see.

Esoteric Myobi

Well...we don't have to be competitors. Perhaps I just supply the fresh fruit? I'm sure each baker's own recipe is delicious~

-goes off to try to steal learn Ryven's techniques as an apprentice baker-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Imogen

There is no such thing as too many bakers!! YAY, this little village sounds like heaven -grin-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: Imogen on May 29, 2010, 01:41:57 AM
There is no such thing as too many bakers!! YAY, this little village sounds like heaven -grin-

I agree, Imogen, minus, ya'know, the itty-bitty business of being EATEN ALIVE BY WEREWOLVES.

Though maybe having fresh baked goods makes up for that?

Imogen

I know, right :-(

But this thread is making me itch to start baking!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: Imogen on May 29, 2010, 01:41:57 AM

Giggles
i agree, mmm perhaps we can move this town to the sexy area of the forum and valerian start another town? ..again
laughs

ok valerian just joking, not need to kill me...

Remiel

Mafia games are the most fun when people really get into the roleplaying aspects of it.   :P

Valerian

Okay, for those unfamiliar with the rules, now is the time for our first lynch vote.  Starting the next night, all night roles will be active -- the seer will learn a role, the guardian will protect someone, and the wolves will choose a target.

This vote is basically random.  Please, don't assume that the first person to post is guilty simply because they're first.  It makes everyone afraid to post first, and someone has to do it.  *shamelessly offers bribes of cookies*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

* Beguile's Mistress is laughing to very hard right now.

I think Remiel must have found a sale on Z's.  Iz zat not zo, mine friend?

Remiel

*Remiel winks at Beguile while nomming on a cookie*

Well, at first I was going for the Jagermonster accent, but that didn't quite fit, so now I'm trying for something roughly Transylvanian.

"Listen to ze creatures of zer night...vot beautiful music zey make."

Beguile's Mistress

I can picture Bela Lugosi in that scene.  It sends chills down my spines.  *shivers8

Lord Mayerling

I posted a clarification to my post before the voting block went up saying I wasn't yet casting a vote. I didn't realize placing a name in bold was a vote. I will keep my vote if I must, and note for future reference.

Valerian

Fixed.  Sorry about that, but yes, a name in bold is how people make it clear who they're voting for.  You could perhaps put names in italics, if you want to tag someone for a reply.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lord Mayerling

Lord Mayerling

Is it just me, or are Mayerling and Remiel together kinda like the President and Dr. Strangelove from Dr. Strangelove?

Remiel

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on June 01, 2010, 07:15:52 PM
Is it just me, or are Mayerling and Remiel together kinda like the President and Dr. Strangelove from Dr. Strangelove?

Mein Führer! I can walk!

desert ashes

I am so sorry!  I really didn't mean to put in Lady.  :-[ 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Lord Mayerling

It's a game.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Valerian

Note that ScorpioQueen has transformed into Mith!

Scorpio unfortunately has had to bow out of the game, but Mith has graciously agreed to step in for her so things can continue on smoothly.   Thanks, Mith!  :D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Hello Mith and yeppie you are here we can play again together....glad to have you on board. huggles

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Imogen on June 07, 2010, 01:15:06 PM
YAY, It's a Mith! Welcome! -HUG-

*giggles and hugs*  Thanks! 

Quote from: Xandi on June 07, 2010, 01:15:25 PM
Hello Mith and yeppie you are here we can play again together....glad to have you on board. huggles

*huggles*  You all are in trouble now.....*cackles* 

Baby, it's all I know,

Autumn52

giggles, lovely cackles, :-) yummy

Ryven

Mithlomwen

*hugs Ryven*  You know I adore you.   :-*
Baby, it's all I know,

Ryven

Beguile's Mistress

*hugs Mith*  Welcome to the game! :D

Mithlomwen

*huggles Beguiles*  Thanks lovely.  ;D
Baby, it's all I know,

Remiel

Hello, Mith!

I'm trying on a new accent for this game, az you ken sertenly zee.

The Unholy Potato

Ooh, dandy! There's a Mith aboard, now? Most excellent. Welcome, Mith.

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Remiel on June 07, 2010, 03:41:50 PM
Hello, Mith!

I'm trying on a new accent for this game, az you ken sertenly zee.

Yes I can see...er...read that.  ;)

Quote from: The Unholy Potato on June 07, 2010, 04:04:22 PM
Ooh, dandy! There's a Mith aboard, now? Most excellent. Welcome, Mith.

Oh no....it's a Potato..... *giggles*  Thanks. 

Quote from: Moirae on June 07, 2010, 05:37:37 PM
Welcome aboard, Mith! ^.^

*bows*  Thanks m'dear.  ;D
Baby, it's all I know,

Valerian

And Mith ties things up!

You can have a couple of hours to try and persuade people to change votes.  (I'm going to be away from the keyboard for a bit, anyway.)  If there's still a tie, then the dice will decide.

So the question you have to ask yourself is, do you feel lucky?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Aiden

Kill them both! I have the nooses right here!

Valerian

*shoos the bloodthirsty Aiden away*

Chance it is.  Ryven, you'll be the low numbers, Lord Mayerling, the high numbers.  I'll edit here with the result shortly.

Edit:
My apologies, Lord Mayerling.

Quote from: dice roller
Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 16,
Total: 16
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

The Unholy Potato

Bah! Sorry, Mayerling! I didn't suspect you, but I didn't think Ryven was guilty, either...

Still, now you can poo-poo us and say that you told us so when we get eaten alive.

Lord Mayerling

I am most displeased at this outcome.

Autumn52

offers hugs to the ghostly Lord Mayerling..... pouts

Remiel

Sorry to see you go, Lord Mayerling.  I liked the cut of your jib.  :-\

Beguile's Mistress

I'm sorry this happened, m'lord.  I think I was eliminated by the murderers early on in my first game.  Sign up for the next game and see if you get further along.

Imogen

I haz a Lord in my orchard!! -keeps him- Couldn't wish for a more charming ghost to haunt my gardens!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

Quote from: Imogen on June 09, 2010, 01:39:00 PM
I haz a Lord in my orchard!! -keeps him- Couldn't wish for a more charming ghost to haunt my gardens!

Warning: my ghost has a naughty side. Probably still less dangerous than a warewolf. Probably.

Beguile's Mistress

*hugs Lord Mayerling*  I'll miss you.

The Unholy Potato

Soooooo... Perhaps I missed something, but there hasn't been any activity on either of these threads in five days, now. Is there a particular reason for this, or has everything just fallen to pieces?

Beguile's Mistress

Things slow down sometimes.  The time between werewolf killings is for interaction between players while the wolves try to figure our who their next victim will be. 

Valerian

It's partly my fault, I'm afraid; but I'm just waiting on one confirmation about the overnight phase, and then we can move on.  So hopefully quite soon.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Really? >:(  I hope you're happy now.  No more pie.

The Unholy Potato

Quote from: Ryven on June 14, 2010, 06:01:09 PM
Really? >:(  I hope you're happy now.  No more pie.

Nooooooo! Well, at least you were posthumously vindicated in your claims of innocence, as unsatisfying as I'm sure that is. T'was good having you, Ryven.  :'(

Ryven

I told you I was but a mere baker.  ::)  If there was fur in my pie it was from my kitten.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Ryven on June 14, 2010, 06:25:15 PM
I told you I was but a mere baker.  ::)  If there was fur in my pie it was from my kitten.

*giggles until tears fall*

Valerian

We temporarily lost L. Cornelius due to lack of ability to get online; but we should be able to move on soon.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Lucius Cornelius

yep, i must ask that all of you can forgive me, but Rl problems prevents me from be online last days, i have just voted today so we can move on.

Albedo

desert ashes

Quote from: Albedo on June 24, 2010, 02:46:27 AM
Told you guys I was innocent.

::Hands him a cookie.::  I believed you!  ::Mourns for.::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

The Unholy Potato

Mithlomwen

Ack!  I've been eaten!

*haunts the OOC thread all forlorn like* 
Baby, it's all I know,

Beguile's Mistress

*hugs the ghostly Mith and conjures the specter of William Wallace to comfort her*

The Unholy Potato

Honestly, Mith, I wish it had been me, and not you. I figure at least you might have been able to do something useful. As-is, I'm reasonably sure that I'll be eaten and/or lynched in not too long, having voted poorly twice now.

Esoteric Myobi

It's alright Mr. Potato, you're not the only one who's voted poorly :-[

And Mith, obviously you were too delicious and tempting for the wolves to pass by...but I'm not tasty at all! I swear!

x.x

-runs around in circles before hiding in a hole somewhere out of sight-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Aiden

That was fun!

You can wait for the results from Val

Later suckers!

Beguile's Mistress

*laughs*

That was one heck of a post, Aiden, and a really great curse.

The Unholy Potato

I do apologize, Aiden, for not supporting you better. I liked your final post a good deal, though.

Imogen

I blame Val.. Each time her games end, I no longer know which way is up or down...
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

::Grins.::  But that's the best part of the game!  You come out all disorientated and confused, it's like being on a really long coaster ride. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

What really sucks is the people I scryed as villagers were offed, so i could not pull a majority vote. So it was an uphill battle the entire time.

Valerian

Esoteric may or may not have net access until Saturday; so I'll likely move the game along within the next hour or so, regardless of whether she's voted or not, just to avoid getting bogged down.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

*nods*  I hope her computer issues work themselves out.

Remiel

She's going to be in Taiwan for a month, and doesn't know if she will have net access (but will try!)

Esoteric Myobi

I'm back! With internet!

-does a happy dance-

I probably won't have a very 'regular' schedule for a while but will try to check back onto E briefly every day and give a few quick responses. I apologize in advance for short and very brief posts! ><

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Valerian

After a very frazzled Monday, I finally found time to sit down and advance the games here -- but since they're at the same point in the turns, I came very, very close to posting the information from the Celtic game here, and vice versa.  Now that would have made things interesting!  However, I'm somewhat less frazzled today, and plan to get it right this time.  Heh.

And welcome back, Myobi!  I hope you're settling in all right.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Crap!!!!

I should have been more selfish!

;D

The Unholy Potato

Ouch! And to think, Beguile, that I had suspected you! Ah well...  :-\

Still, thanks for saving a life or two, and sorry that you didn't managed to protect your own.  :-(

Aiden

-curses you all from beyond the grave-
FOOOOOLS!

Imogen

Hey, we're trying!

*blames Beguile's for not being selfish - grumbles*
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lucius Cornelius

giglgles!!! come on comrades, i trust you, i know that you could eat all of them

avenge me!!!

giggles!

Beguile's Mistress

Who are you talking to, Lucius?  Who are your friends exactly?

Lucius Cornelius

and you ask me? well you are one of then... aren't you?  ;D

Beguile's Mistress

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 13, 2010, 01:14:44 PM
IIIII'mmmmm not a werewolf. :P

no? oh my dear im so sorry i was so mistaken,... i beg you that you can forgive me... :P

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Lucius Cornelius on July 13, 2010, 01:23:18 PM
no? oh my dear im so sorry i was so mistaken,... i beg you that you can forgive me... :P

s'okay.  I was trying to tease you about your "friends" and trick you into revealing secrets.  :D

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 13, 2010, 01:28:04 PM
s'okay.  I was trying to tease you about your "friends" and trick you into revealing secrets.  :D

giggles oh well i know, im easy to trick by a woman dress with the outfit of your avatar... but not SO easy so tease you back :P

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Lucius Cornelius on July 13, 2010, 01:34:40 PM
giggles oh well i know, im easy to trick by a woman dress with the outfit of your avatar... but not SO easy so tease you back :P

*giggles and sighs*  I'm in serious mode today with work.  I think my sense of humor is hiding from me. :-)

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 13, 2010, 01:38:32 PM
*giggles and sighs*  I'm in serious mode today with work.  I think my sense of humor is hiding from me. :-)

laugh well them im happy to see your giggles so you have found your humor.. a little. :)

Remiel

I just want to say that the last werewolf is doing an excellent job at hiding.   I've been keeping notes, keeping track of how everyone voted and when they did; and based on my analysis, the most likely culprit is....me. Remiel.

At least, up until that last round, anyway.  <_<  Hopefully the fact that I was right about Myobi will convince everyone of my innocence.  But as of this moment, I have absolutely no clue who I'm going to vote for.

*glares suspiciously at Imogen, Moirae, and Unholy Potato each in turn*

Valerian

You're just so suspicious, Remiel.  You radiate it somehow.   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Oh, so you say?  Maybe it was you, Valerian!

*glares suspiciously at Valerian*

Imogen

Wasn't this supposed to be easier with fewer people left?

-grumbles and eyes the dice bot-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Quote from: ImogenMoirae had proven her innocence and Remiel... She thought he'd have been smarter if he'd been one of them. It would have been easy for him to avoid the mistakes he'd made... It was a small thing to base her trust on, but there it was.

Isn't that the converse of the backhanded compliment with which Eden accused Mith in the other game?  "You must be innocent, because, frankly, you've been voting like an idiot?"  XD

Hey, I'll take what I can get. ;P

Valerian

Quote from: Remiel on July 17, 2010, 02:19:13 PM
Oh, so you say?  Maybe it was you, Valerian!

*glares suspiciously at Valerian*
Yes!  Bwahahaha!  I am the last were... wolf...

Oh, wait.  I'm the referee.

Never mind.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Quote from: Remiel on July 17, 2010, 03:02:56 PM
Isn't that the converse of the backhanded compliment with which Eden accused Mith in the other game?  "You must be innocent, because, frankly, you've been voting like an idiot?"  XD

Hey, I'll take what I can get. ;P

ROFL!! I didn't mean it to come out that way!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: Valerian on July 17, 2010, 03:13:02 PM
Yes!  Bwahahaha!  I am the last were... wolf...

Oh, wait.  I'm the referee.

Never mind.  :)

giggles, well i have to confess, im the werewolf....
oh wait, i was but im death....

giggles

Valerian

The list is so small now!  It's weird not to have a dozen names to juggle....
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

Val, dear... I voted for The Unholy Potato who hasn't yet vote. ;)
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Remiel

I knew it! I knew it was Valerian.  She's trying to trick us all, turn us against each other...

Imogen

Yikes!! Moirae has been taken over!!.... Wait, other game... :-P

-giggles and huggles poor Val-

Am the only one who is at least a lil happy Val is as confused as we are ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Yes, this is what happens when Val attempts to tally votes at one in the morning after a day of tabletop gaming.  :P  'Tis fixed.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

We usually play GURPS, but at the moment we're testing out a homebrew system which is basically a streamlined version of Tri-Stat.  The spooky mist-creatures nearly got us on our dungeon crawl last night.   :o
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

Since the vote is tied -- again -- Moirae, you'll be low numbers; The Unholy Potato, the high numbers.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

**feeds the dice bot lovely sweet muffins** please, be nice!!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

-hugs Moirae for luck-

No offense to the sweet potato!! I like you too, just..uhm..well, you know!!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

I told you so is entirely appropriate right now. :P
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Y'know, I was going to end it here -- with the next (unavoidable) nightly death, the numbers will be tied -- but since we're using randomness to break ties, we might as well play it all out, I suppose.

If you're feeling lucky.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Quote from: Moirae on July 20, 2010, 01:57:38 PM

Allow me?

I told you so!!

Ahhh, that felt good!! -grins and ducks-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Quote from: Moirae on July 20, 2010, 01:57:38 PM

Geez, I suck.  I just....suck.  -_-;

desert ashes

Quote from: Imogen on July 20, 2010, 02:15:49 PM
Allow me?

I told you so!!

Ahhh, that felt good!! -grins and ducks-

::Haunts Imogen.::

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

-is haunted and loves it, keeps da Moirae close-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

*has a feeling that Moirae is going to haunt him as well for the rest of his, in all likelihood, very short life*

Valerian

Quote from: Remiel on July 20, 2010, 02:16:20 PM
*hugs*  Don't feel bad.  This was about the most confusing, convoluted game I've ever seen, and I've run quite a few of these now.  It was even more unpredictable than usual, and that's really saying something, because these are almost never predictable.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

QuoteQuote from: Remiel on Today at 02:16:20 PM

*hugs*  Don't feel bad.  This was about the most confusing, convoluted game I've ever seen, and I've run quite a few of these now.  It was even more unpredictable than usual, and that's really saying something, because these are almost never predictable.

Heh... we survived up to now. And you don't suck... Not at all! At some point, I thought you were the seer, remember? But I just love teasing you every now and then! ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Whew!  That was exhausting!  But I hope everyone had fun.  :)

Here's the summary:

Day 1: Lord Mayerling, a Villager, is lynched

Night 1: Aiden, the Seer, scryes on Ryven.
Beguile's Mistress, the Guardian, protects herself.
The werewolves target Rvyen.

Day 2: Albedo, a Villager, is lynched.

Night 2: Aiden scryes on The Unholy Potato, a villager.
Beguile's protects herself.
The wolves target Mithlomwen, a villager.

Day 3: Aiden, the Seer, is lynched.

Night 3: Beguile's protects herself.
The wolves target Beguile's.

Day 4: Lucius Cornelius, a Werewolf, is lynched.

Night 4: Beguile's protects Imogen, a werewolf.
The werewolves target Beguile's.

Day 5: Esoteric Myobi, a Werewolf, is lynched.

Night 5: The werewolves target Xandi, a Villager.

Day 6: Moirae, a Villager, is lynched.

Night 6: The werewolves target The Unholy Potato, a Villager.

Day 7: The final battle!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

QuoteNight 4: Beguile's protects Imogen, a werewolf.
The werewolves target Beguile's.

Oops...Ahem..Sorry Beguile's!! -hides-

I had great fun! And I just loved the narrative for the final battle, Val!

Sorry for the lies and deceptions, guys. At times I had trouble justifying them to myself :-( I hope you won't be mad!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Imogen on July 20, 2010, 03:01:53 PM
Oops...Ahem..Sorry Beguile's!! -hides-

I had great fun! And I just loved the narrative for the final battle, Val!

Sorry for the lies and deceptions, guys. At times I had trouble justifying them to myself :-( I hope you won't be mad!

*laughs*  It was fun.  I had trouble being selfish and to tell the truth I'd have protected myself all the way to the end.  I had no idea who the werewolves were.

The lies and deception go with the game.  I hope to have a chance at that some time.

Lucius Cornelius

Yes it has been really really fun!!!

Remiel

Oh, wow.  Well done, Imogen.  Very well done indeed.  Color me impressed!

I do feel marginally better, because you were #2 on my list of suspects after Moirae.  If Unholy Potato had turned out to be the werewolf I would have felt like a real idiot.   Also, I'm glad because you not only managed to fool me, but apparently everyone else as well.

Kudos to you!  I think you are the best villain I've seen thus far.   ;D  ;D  ;D

Imogen

Thanks, Remiel! -blush- I'd love to keep all the honors to myself, but to be honest Myobi and Lucius were awsome. We had some great plotting sprees at the start and we treated the question of who to target like major science ;-) Bad villagers, killing my buddies!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Imogen, you fiend!  ::Laughs.::

That was a marvelously well played game.  Thorough enjoyed! 

Thank you for hosting, Val!
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Beguile's Mistress

I certainly had a good time with this game and everyone in it.  The werewolves did a marvelous job and made it loads of fun.

Thanks, Val, for a wonderful game.

Valerian

Thank you all for playing.  Everyone helped make it an excellent game, even if it was terribly confusing at times!

A round of applause all around!   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Also, that ending was truly epic, Val.  Nature wins!  XD

Valerian

Yeah, that seemed the best way to wrap things up somehow.  Glad you liked it!  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

The Unholy Potato

That was most excellent, even if I never got the chance to reply between the lynching and being eaten alive. Thanks a ton for running this, Valerian, and the ending was as close to perfection as humanly possible.

Autumn52

Imogen I am speechless......you ate me on night 5.

I can't believe that you would eat me.....well had I been a wolf I would have gladly eaten you.... >:)

Had tons of fun Val can't wait for the next go round. I look forward to play with you all again.

Huggles to everyone and Great Big Thanks and Chocolates to our GM Valerian.....your the best.

Esoteric Myobi

Tehe, good going Imogen~ x3 You have proved yourself to be a genuine evil mastermind.

-rubs hands together before tenting her fingers and chuckles like Mr. Burns-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Valerian

Excellent.  ;D

Thanks, guys.  It's always great to hear that everyone had fun, and it was wonderful to see a couple of new faces as well.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

my principal regret is that i must go with no internet in middle of game, so some turns take long than usual...

And even was in eating turn of the wolfs so i suppouse that much people realize that and point me as a wolf.

Beguile's Mistress

Life hits you that way sometimes.  Get in on the next game though and try your luck. 

Lucius Cornelius

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 21, 2010, 10:29:37 AM
Life hits you that way sometimes.  Get in on the next game though and try your luck.
oh i have re-read my first post...
giggles don't worry i better make it clear...

i must go on holidays for sometime and no internet....

giggles

Lord Mayerling

What a great game to watch evolve from the grave! Thanks for running the game, Valerian. You were a great GM.

Aiden

Always trust Aiden! That is what you all should take away from this game!  >:)

Autumn52

Quote from: Aiden on July 21, 2010, 06:22:09 PM
Always trust Aiden! That is what you all should take away from this game!  >:)

Giggles....Aiden you are so wonderful. I can't help but point out that your Personal Text says: "The Devil in Disguise".....(giggles)

I love that you are a little devil but it does not engender trust only lust, at least for me....giggles.

Quote from: Lucius Cornelius on July 21, 2010, 10:37:19 AM
oh i have re-read my first post...
giggles don't worry i better make it clear...

i must go on holidays for sometime and no internet....

giggles

Lucius have fun on your holidays and we will miss you in the game. I will look forward to playing with you again next time.

Aiden

Quote from: Xandi on July 22, 2010, 02:47:02 AM

I love that you are a little devil but it does not engender trust only lust, at least for me....giggles.

working as intended
-smirk-