News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

On The Gallian Front - [Interest Check]

Started by MissFire, December 04, 2014, 07:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Silk

Armored tech isn't in because MissFire hasn't played VC2 which is where they premiered, chat with her and she might consider.

Izaya Orihara

I don't know a lot about Valkyrie Chronicles, though I spotted the game on steam recently, and I came across it a little while back, courtesy of coming across some pics of Selvaria Bles.
Seems interesting, though.

Hmm....
Unsure which appearance I should go for:

First
Second
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Angie

Well your first pic is broken, so...might wanna fix that.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Izaya Orihara

Really? Weird, doesn't seem broken to me.
Hmm....

Could be your browser or something, perhaps. I'm not sure.

Here's a direct link.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Angie

Izaya Orihara

Chrome, eh? Well, when I've used it, it has been a bit ...odd with viewing some pictures from time to time. I just tend to use Firefox, though it can get a bit laggy and crashy, using too much CPU and memory when I've opened up too many tabs, as I always end up doing. To the extent that I have hundreds of tabs (549 at the moment, though it's fine with that), and sometimes thousands. Anyway...

MissFire

First image is definitely broken.

And yeah, no armored tech or anything from the other games.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Izaya Orihara

Does this work?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Or maybe this?

Angie

Izaya Orihara

Have any preferences in regards to which one I should choose, between that and the other pic (the white haired one) posted earlier?

MissFire

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Izaya Orihara

Julius Eugen "Silver Wraith" von Schwarzthal  is a young man who conceals countless deceits beneath his smiling, if often arrogant attitude. He was originally born into an Imperial noble family of some wealth, holding a duchy, though declining in influence. Not much is known about his past, save that he was a spy, assassin and soldier who defected to Gallia just over a year before the war began, though like with many things about him, that part itself is shrouded in rumour. Earlier in his life, he graduated with honours at an Imperial Military Academy, being renowned for his skill with a gun and his duelling prowess, relying more on intelligence and speed than strength or toughness.

At some point his family acquired some powerful enemies, including a manipulative Imperial Princess. Though this part of his life is particularly murky, Julius survived under suspicious circumstances, despite the disappearance of his mother and older brother, and the public execution of his father after he was implicated in a plot against the emperor, and charged with high treason. What exactly happened to Julius is unknown to most, though it irrevocably changed his personality and view of the world.

Though still not exactly trusted due to his Imperial origins, and his sometimes unstable mindset, his skills are nonetheless recognised as being valuable indeed. Some of the higher ups in the Gallian military see him as a useful if temperamental asset, that will prove useful even if he is to be disposed of. For now, though, he needs to properly prove his loyalty to the country he now serves, as well as his ability to follow orders from troublesome commanders, among other things.

He is prideful, ruthless, bloodthirsty and often arrogant, though he can often change his apparent outside personality as needed. Nonetheless, beneath that lies further complications, with two split personalities contending from time to time. Usually his actions are often calculated and well-thought out, and he is highly perceptive. At other times, he can be perhaps too quick to act. His usual pride can be met at times with an insecure shyness, an obsession, fear and desire to be recognised by those he sees as stronger than himself.

His love for battle can even seems masochistic, licking his own blood and stopping to recognise the pain in his body to further revel in the excitement of battle, though such tendencies may be also relegated to areas other than battle. When it comes to those who've proven their superiority, Julius is more than respectful and eager to obey. He never hesitates to take the shot and may seem inhuman in many circumstances. At times his personality can vary; at some moments, mockingly polite, manipulative and deceitful, at another, seemingly honest, compassionate, honourable and caring.  He possesses both a superiority complex and an inferiority complex, shown in his disgust when being forced to fight a battle he has become bored of, despite his overall love for battle.

He enjoys fighting, especially against opponents he deems worthy, and challenging. He takes pleasure in those who possess overwhelming power, those who can eradicate him from existence in a single strike.  His death is of minor importance in such a situation, though usually he wouldn't consider such a possibility.  As long as the opponent can bring him the pleasures of war, new experiences and knowledge, nothing else matters. Another part of him breaks down when cornered or overpowered, and falls into a strange mixture of joy and despair. He believes honesty to be a naive trait held by the foolish, and trusts no one, accordingly. Even when outnumbered, he remains composed- though sometimes overenthusiastic, adaptable, and calculating, quickly able to adjust to new developments and change his battle tactics. Despite his mental instability, he can rein it in at times, and the more extreme parts take a bit of goading to bring about. On another note, he is a Yggdist with a low opinion of Darcsen.
Class: Sniper
Eye: Grey
Hair: Silvery white
Build: Athletic
Height: Average

"Truly, how exciting..." -- Silver Wraith

Strengths: Quick, agile, skilled in both blade and gun, as shown by his ability at sniping and his expertise with a sword attached to his left arm, though not quite as much in unarmed combat. Quite knowledgeable and intelligent. Good at subterfuge, intrigue and stuff like that/spy/assassin type stuff.

Weaknesses:  Physically weak and not particularly tough, arrogant and overconfident, sometimes rash and prone to unnecessarily seeking out conflict regardless of the danger at hand. Mentally unstable. Due to his origins, he is viewed suspiciously by other team mates. On another note, he gets drunk fairly easily. Lacks faith in others, and is more than likely to discard others underfoot if he sees them as getting in his way.

TheHangedOne

So I know it's not my place to confirm or deny a character, but I just wanted to throw my opiniosn out there on your character, Izaya.

"his expertise with a sword attached to his left arm". How is the sword attached? Does he actually have a left arm and hand? If not, how does he manage to use a sniper rifle without some serious assistance?

And secondly, it just seems like we have a bit of overlap if Julius is also spy-assassin oriented. Then again, maybe that just means Edgar and Julius will get assigned to work together.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Izaya Orihara

Hmm, I was figuring that one out. Since the character appearance I used (Superbi Squalo from Katekyo Hitman Reborn), looks like he has both hands, and the sword, despite the character in the anime having said sword replace his left arm.
Having further ideas, I think that perhaps his left arm and hand could be a fully articulated metal prosthetic with a sword built in. Wouldn't be unreasonable in a steampunk/ragnitepunk setting, I suppose, eh?

I just looked it up, and it seems that the aforementioned character does have an artificial hand along with his sword (didn't know much about the actual anime, though I plan to watch it).
Anyway...

I suppose, though your guy is a scout rather than a sniper, obviously. And Julius would know more about the empire, since that's where he's from. From your app, I get the idea Edgar doesn't like working with other people. Well, such a pairing would obviously get off to a great start, considering their personalities. Or maybe not.

Lustful Bride

Hmmm I am considering joining this. Any need for a tanker?

I only recently discovered the game thanks to a friend but I love it. I was thinking perhaps of making her not from Galia as some characters were in their bios, just someone who enlisted with Galia to help fight the evil empire cause her own government chooses to remain neutral.

1) Do you want freeform battles or something dice based?

I have never done dice based so I say freeform.

2) Do you want to follow the game's outline (ie; do all the battles in the order they appeared in-game), or make up some new ones?

Both, both is good.

3) Realistic character images, animated images, or let people choose what they want?

I say whatever they want.

4) Do you have any ideas for things we should add? (ie; plot elements, game systems, etc.)

Perhaps other countries ally with Galia, adding new technologies and battlefields?

Silk

The problem is Lustful is that there is no other countries, it's just the empire, and the federation, all countries bar galia have either been taken over or joined one of those two. The only reason Galia doesn't is because it's stubborn about it's independence and monarchy, and is only able to fight them off due to excessive levels of rag-nite and a conscription program that makes Israel's look like it doesn't have one.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Silk on December 09, 2014, 12:19:20 PM
The problem is Lustful is that there is no other countries, it's just the empire, and the federation, all countries bar galia have either been taken over or joined one of those two. The only reason Galia doesn't is because it's stubborn about it's independence and monarchy, and is only able to fight them off due to excessive levels of rag-nite and a conscription program that makes Israel's look like it doesn't have one.

Are you sure? I was watching a playthrough where one of the characters had a bio entry stating they were from a foreign country.

I might be wrong though so that's fine. A Galian girl is fine.  :-)

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Lustful Bride

MissFire

Hmm..

Well, I'm fine with Julius being an ex-Imperial, that's a good angle. I just don't like it paired with the whole 'bloodthirsty' and 'kind of crazy' aspects of his character. It kind of stretches the plausibility of who Gallia might enlist and it would make it really, really, really, REALLY hard for anyone in the squad to have a reason to trust him. And Bride, I think Silk was planning on creating our tank pilot.
    - Sima Yi

Lustful Bride

Oh okay, hmm then I will have to think more on what I would want my character to be.

Izaya Orihara

True enough, mind you, they don't necessarily have to trust him. Though I suppose they would know he does his job well enough in battle.

Lustful Bride

I wrote up two versions of my character, if people don't mind me playing the Tank Pilot then I will be the 2nd version.

Lilith Kenneth "Maniac" Marshal.  is a young woman who lives in the shadow of her father, a decorated Galian tank pilot who survived being ambushed by an enemy tank group and earned the nickname Maniac for charging ahead at the ambush instead of turning as he was ordered to do, later on earning a medal for bravery. Lilith dislikes the reputation her father earned since it is all anyone wants to talk about, all her own accomplishments were overshadowed and she always carries with her the fear that she isn't as smart as she thinks she is. She fears that anything she ever did was a handout thanks to her father being a war hero and her mother having died giving birth to her.

Being raised by her father all on his own has caused Lilith to act more masculine than she feels. She developed a habit for cursing and cannot tolerate anyone she considers is screwing around when they should be working. She speaks her mind and doesn't always think things through, which has gotten her into more than one fight, only 3 she had ever won.

When the second Europan war erupted and Lilith was called upon to do her part, she did absolutely everything in her power to avoid ending up as a tanker, even if it meant fighting on the frontlines.

Class: Engineer.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Dirty blonde.
Build: Average

"Stop bullshitting and get to work..." -- Lilith Marshal

Strengths: Pent up anger of hers tends to be released on the battlefield, she doesn't even think about the enemy as people sometimes, just channeling her anger into every shot and movement. Being told tales all her life by her father of the great Galian army has instilled in her a sense of duty to her country, Lilith will always be the last to retreat and considers death a better option to surrender. She loves to work, Lilith hates being idle and will usually be found helping out with repairs or fine tuning things during her downtime whenever possible.

Weaknesses:  Not having ever originally wanted to enter the Military, Lilith is not very fit and tires easily with all the equipment she has to carry. She also has a quick temper to anything she doesn't like, which includes liars, braggers, intolerant idiots and those who don't do their work

Other version made due to offer of being the tank pilot given. (and the one I am leaning more towards)

Lilith Kenneth "Maniac" Marshal.  is a young woman who lives in the shadow of her father, a decorated Galian tank pilot who survived being ambushed by an enemy tank group and earned the nickname Maniac for charging ahead at the ambush instead of turning as he was ordered to do, later on earning a medal for bravery. Lilith has always craved the reputation and fame that her father earned since it is all anyone wants to talk about. It is even how her mother and father met. She wanted to be admired and looked upon by others, to have her name on a plaque somewhere, to be famous. It did not help that her mother died giving birth to her, leaving only her prideful and glory hog of a father to raise her and encourage her to make a name for herself.

Being raised by her father all on his own has caused Lilith to act more masculine than she feels. She developed a habit for cursing and doesn't always know when to behave like a civilized person. She speaks her mind and doesn't always think things through, which has gotten her into more than one fight, only 3 she had ever won.

Her father always encouraged her to be strong, even enjoying her rebellious phase as a girl and laughing when she accidentally dyed her hair white and slightly purple with some Ragnite infused hair gel. (there was a massive recall but Lilith had gotten her hands on it before she heard about the recall.) She is usually very friendly, if abit rude, and social. She has a habit of budding her nose in where it doesn't belong and not caring about the consequences.

When the second Europan war erupted and Lilith was called upon to do her part, and thanks to some old ties from her father, she has been given the chance to be a tank pilot like her father.

Class: Tank Pilot.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Dirty blonde (was accidentally dyed permanently white.)
Build: Average

"When those imps hear my name, they will tuck tail and run..." -- Lilith Marshal

Strengths: Lilith has little fear of self injury (except for burning alive) in her quest for glory and will rush head first into a fight and be the last person to retreat. She has a strong admiration for her father and strives to be like him, constantly practicing and training to be a better tanker, she even wears a leather jacket like he did. Though she hopes to one day outdo him and this shows in her nearly unbreakable moral.

Weaknesses: She carries a deep fear of flames, as a girl Lilith once played with a match and burned two of her fingers, giving her a hesitation in being near open flames. While she is rather rough around the edges she has a large soft spot when it comes to civilians. Having grown up without a mother she cannot bear the thought of a child growing up without a parent due to her actions, this will cause her to hesitate should her actions be putting civilians in danger or will disobey orders to ensure the civilian's safety.

Silk

I'm cool stepping back if someone else wants to pilot the tank, I was mostly doing it because we needed one. :)