X-Men Academy Interest Check (NC-Human)

Started by Archivist, August 10, 2010, 04:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archivist

Beta seems to fit IMO.

The descriptions don't seem to match the summary underneath them... I may re-write some of them to be a little more specific.

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas

Hiraku kagi wa kitto kimi ni te no naka

Empyrean

So the characters you're looking for are between Epsilion and Gamma? I'm not quite sure where the limits are for this yet.

And I remember Josh. He was funny. :)

Archivist

I'll put up a character sheet that will lay it out a little better. I'm working on it now.

Josh wasn't funny, he was goth-wanna-be!

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas

Archivist

Ok, here's the character sheet.

PLEASE DO NOT POST CHARACTER IDEAS IN THIS THREAD - SEND ME A PM

If you have any other questions or want to discuss a power you're thinking about, or need some ideas, don't hesitate to PM me.

Character Information

Name:
Orientation:
Height:
Weight:
General Physical Description: (At least 2 paragraphs, more if you feel so inclined. Pictures are also encouraged, as they are worth 1,000 words)

Mutant Ability*

Power type: (Telekinesis, flight, energy manipulation, hypnosis, etc)
Strengths: (What can they use their ability to do)
Weaknesses: (Everyone has a weakness; what is yours?)

Personal Information

Personality: (What are some of the traits that define them?)
Hobbies:
Skills:

*Notes on Mutant Abilities

Beginning characters should have no more than two powers, and generally speaking having multiple powers will make each one weaker. I suggest either Marvel.com or marvel.wikia.com for ideas. Also, the following powers are off limits:
  -Time Travel: There are simply too many paradoxes and issues with time travel.
  -Mind Control: This does not include telepathy, but any form of domination is out.

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas

undisclosedtoyou

What age ranges are you looking for in this game? 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

JadeCore

I could be tempted if I get a good idea and such. Though I'll have to hide from Dis who is GMing another game I'm in. :)

Xanatos

That is a good question asked by undisclosedtoyou, as I was thinking of going against the "grain", I suppose, and making my character not a teen, perhaps in her mid to lateish twenties; though I am perfectly fine if you want teenyboppers.

Archivist

Good questions everyone :)

Xanatos and Undisclosedtoyou: The minimum age is 16 for obvious reasons. I would say the maximum age to be 25, and I'll adjust the class schedule to include Career and Technology classes that a high school graduate might participate in. The inspiration for this game had a range between 14 - 19, but it was also a non-adult game so modifications are in order.

FunnyGuy91: Please send the idea to me in a PM, I'd like to save this thread for questions and game conversation instead of character ideas. Thanks!

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas

RubySlippers

I did a third character something toned down and well can only get better. Any chance she can intern with Tony Stark?

;D

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Archivist on August 12, 2010, 04:56:41 PM
Good questions everyone :)

Xanatos and Undisclosedtoyou: The minimum age is 16 for obvious reasons. I would say the maximum age to be 25, and I'll adjust the class schedule to include Career and Technology classes that a high school graduate might participate in. The inspiration for this game had a range between 14 - 19, but it was also a non-adult game so modifications are in order.

Great, that works with my character concept.  I sent it into you, was there any problems with it, or is it fine?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

FunnyGuy91

Quote from: Archivist on August 12, 2010, 04:56:41 PM

FunnyGuy91: Please send the idea to me in a PM, I'd like to save this thread for questions and game conversation instead of character ideas. Thanks!

Ok my bad

Empyrean

Archivist

OOC discussion thread is up while the game files are being made, and characters are being approved. It's not too late to join!

OOC Discussion Thread

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas

Archivist

This is the Information thread. It is still under development, but right now our official start is scheduled for this Wednesday.

Information

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas