Thought leads to heresy, heresy leads to retribution

Started by kongming, December 03, 2008, 03:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

Ah, ok. Well, if you're looking for some to help set the mood for a Dark Heresy game, try

Xenos
Malleus
Hereticus

Ravenor
Ravenor Returned
Ravenor Rogue

Scourge the Heretic
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Stormgale

I checked with heretic, He said there was space in your Band of War(hammer), So then I duly present my character, and hope we can purge the Imperium of Xenos scum and/or Chaos scum (delete as appropriate))

Name: Gaius "Eli" ((He uses Eli when with clients/People he dosen't trust))
Origin: Imperial
Career: Assassin
Divination: "A suspicious mind is a healthy Mind" (per +3)

Build: Slender
Skin Colour: Fair
Hair: Black
Eyes: Icy Blue

Quirk:
World Type: Paradise planet (Though he wouldn't tell you that ;3)
Homeworld Benefits:
Blessed Ignorance: (-5 to forbidden lore)
Hagiography: (Common Lore(Imperium, Imperial creed and war) as basic)
Liturgical Familiarity: (Literacy and Speak language(High Gothic) as basic)
Superior Origins: (WP +3)

WS: 30
BS: 45 *
S: 30
T: 20
Ag:40
Int: 30
Per: 43
WP: 33
Fel: 20

Skills:
Speak language (Low Gothic) (int)
Awareness (per)
Dodge (agi)
Climb  (str)
Silent move (agi)
Navigation (Surface) (int)
Security (agi)
Shadowing (agi)
Tracking (agi)
Concealment (agi)

Talents/Traits:
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Pistol training (SP)
Pistol Training (las)
Melee weapon training (primitive)
Unremarkable
Basic weapon training (las)
Basic Weapon Training (Primitive)
Heightened Senses (Sight)
Heightened Senses (hearing)
Mighty shot (200)
Crack shot
Jaded

Starting Money: 387
Gear:
Hunting rifle             
     Silencer                    (10)
     Telescopic Sight         (45)
     Ammo  (56)               (47)
Long Las                        (147)
     Red dot Sight            (197)
     Overcharge Pack (3)   (242)
     Charge pack (1)         (267)
Sword
Knife
Compact Las Pistol
     Charge pack (2)         (277)
Stimm (3)
Black body glove
Clip/Drop harness            (302)
Re-breather                   (352)
Backpack                       (362)
Data-slate                     (387)

Spare Throne Gelt: 0

Wounds: 11
Fate Points: 2

Hope that is alright with you lot (and sorry for ruining your dream of an all female party even more Kong :P)

Chaos

The only 40k novels I've read are the Eisenhorn books (Xenos, Malleus, Hereticus) - but I highly recommend them!

Oh, and hey The Dandy - hope you don't mind Magda being a bit bolshie with you :P

Hello as well, Stormgale; looks like either kongmings dream of an all lesbian, all the time Inquistion squad are doomed. Unless Sister Verdania arranges for a few friendly fire incidents... :)

Stormgale

That's the reason I will be at that back :3

I have only read the first the Ciaphas cain books, though my friends are 40K nuts so I understand the GrimDarkGrimness of the 40K (I used to be a big tabletop fan too)

kongming

I probably won't bother reading the novels that aren't about the Sisters of Battle. And I certainly won't read anything by that hack Goto, may he rot in hell.

Another man? Such a pity. Ah well, I have plenty of girls to get cuddly with :3
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Stormgale

Quote from: kongming on December 20, 2008, 08:11:14 AM
I probably won't bother reading the novels that aren't about the Sisters of Battle. And I certainly won't read anything by that hack Goto, may he rot in hell.

Another man? Such a pity. Ah well, I have plenty of girls to get cuddly with :3

-chuckles- I could play a woman, But as I am a Man In real life I doubt it would be as fun for ya sweetie -huggles a ciaphas cain plushie-
Edit:
On a related note, can I have the psyker to myself? ;) ((If your busy with the female party members :P))

Oh and try the gaunt's ghosts novels, specifically the saint series, they deal with a bad ass Female saint :3

The Dandy

Hah, it's quite alright. I was trying my best to stress how artificial he still is in some ways. He is still very noble in some ways. And well, Psykers are used to it.

I just can't help but describe characters in great detail, especially their clothing...Cause, well, the name should give it away.

Ciaphas Cain is a great series, written by Alex Stewart (No one say that correction -peers side to side nervously-) under a pin name
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

HairyHeretic

Cain is Commissar Blackadder, complete with smelly sidekick, and a very entertaining series. Much more light hearted than most 40k fiction. I'm fond of Dan Abnetts stuff as well.

I'd also recommend most of the Horus Heresy series, but the Dark Angels one was (IMO) a waste of space. The first 3 though are very good.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Stormgale

Quote from: HairyHeretic on December 20, 2008, 03:45:41 PM
Well, yes. :)

And he has a badass longcoat... oh and makes hanky panky with an inquisitor

HairyHeretic

I thought the funniest was when some of the Tallarns decided he was a prophet of the Emperor  ;D  I'd love to have seen that as more than just a footnote.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

The Dandy

Every 40k convo seems to turn to Ciaphas Cain at some point, and with good reason   ;D.

And Stormgale, your going to have do alot of work if you want the Psyker all to yourself  ;)

Ah poor Psyker, already getting picked on  ;D.
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

HairyHeretic

I probably have most of the 40k novels. The only ones I tend to reread with any kind of frequencey are Abnetts, Commissar Blackadder, and the Horus Heresy (or selected ones at least).

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Stormgale

Im thinking a chastity belt linked to an explosive collar ;3

HairyHeretic

Ok, just a short heads up. Asuming nothing unexpected decides to start humping my leg, I should be able to go through everyones sheets and get us moving in the scenario by tomorrow evening. We can continue to play things out in the prologue thread as well, if you're all enjoying yourselves there, but I hope to dump you all down the mines within 36 hours max :)

I presume everyone is ok with taking stuff already in that thread as read, and just going from where it previously left off?

Cattle die, kinsmen die

The Dandy

-peers into prologue topic and wonders if he should post-

ZK

Sorry, but I won't be able to post a character until after the 25th. The rest of the time I shall be spending with my family.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

No, as I said, I shall be rolling two characters via the random rolling bit. I have no intention of taking part of the sexual side of the game, I just want to play a Dark Heresy game badly. The stats I can work out after I have the two characters.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

ZK

I'm not saying I want immunity to the "grim darkness (tm)" just I had no inclinations of getting busy with others; not them, just me. I've been through a slump of sexual situations, probably why I drop out of those sort of games so fast. I want more character development and reason for sex then just bow chica wow wow. :/

HairyHeretic

Yeah, that's not a problem. FWIW I don't see that much sex going on in the mission threads, as I plan on using some of the pregenerated scenarios to start with. No reason we can't have mission threads for just straight adventuring, and downtime threads for other stuff :)

We'll see how it plays out.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Temptress

Just apologizing for disappearing like that, had a family thing where I assumed there would be internet, but i was wrong, so i was isolated for a few days. Also from the 25th to about the 3rd ish, im back out with no internet, just letting you know for when I  disappear again :P