USA leaving Iraq

Started by Acid Lips, August 19, 2010, 12:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Jude on August 27, 2010, 04:10:31 PM
That's one thing I think we can all agree on Callie.  The future will be the judge of whether or not Iraq was a worthwhile success.  It could go either way at this point, as far as I see it.

I fear that we, in the long run, have more to damage our standing and empower the enemy that we helped. We made mistakes in the 70s/80s and we were JUST fixing our standings. Now we've done it again (maybe) and won't be able to tell the repercussions of our impact on Iraq till sometime in the future.

Vekseid

Some of it seems to be intentional, especially in regards to overall relations between the West and Islam. Inflame tensions to the breaking point, then see who wins.

TheGlyphstone

Warning: Hyperbole ahead.

My personal politics are fairly centrist with a mild right-wing leaning, so maybe one of the stancher leftists could explain something that really tends to baffle me. What is it with the strangely common tendency for the louder liberal opinionators to simultaneously mock Bush as a drooling, knuckle-dragging moron who can barely tie his shoes and denounce him as a scheming Machevellian manipulator plotting alongside the military-industrial complex to betray America for personal profit? One or the other I can understand, but both at the same time seems a bit counterintuitive.

Trieste

That question is not actually relevant to the topic, but if you want to gather some examples and ask the question in a new topic, I'm sure people will try to help you.