[Dragonsong] High Fantasy Adventure - Dragons & Riders - (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, July 05, 2016, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cataclysmic Archangel

Alright... I think I've got it.  I also just finished my first draft of powers (or second, considering what I sent you earlier this morning), so... I'll send more shortly.

Lindrea

Hmm.. that's a good point.. I think I'll adjust my Aethyr:Might a bit. >.>

Keep Phi on the squishier side of physical, but not utterly defenseless.

Wispyr

Quick Mini Note
We wanted to address magic items; not that they have come up yet, but before they do...

They do exist, they are out there, they will come into play. However they are not particularly common - we wouldn't call them rare, but certainly elusive - and are meant largely to be rewards in the game, story points and cool things we enhance you with. Because of that we will not be approving any existing magic items. Mundane gear only. For the sake of transparency there will be a couple of magic items in play at the start but they will belong exclusively to my character Draekyn, because they are (will be?) story relevant in the future - and none of them are the crazy magic items we have in store for the game in general, just a couple of fairly tame magic swords.

Today was another unexpectedly bleh day, unfortunately. Hope to have OOC up tomorrow for us to break in. More info to come.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Wispyr on July 09, 2016, 11:53:54 PM
Today was another unexpectedly bleh day, unfortunately. Hope to have OOC up tomorrow for us to break in. More info to come.
I am why we can't have nice things.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Amarlo

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on July 09, 2016, 11:58:47 PM
I am why we can't have nice things.

I'm still shocked you got in and out so fast.  :o

Hope you're feeling better though!

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Amarlo on July 10, 2016, 12:24:34 AM
I'm still shocked you got in and out so fast.  :o

Hope you're feeling better though!
Arcannyx said the same thing. I think there were only two people in the ER, me being one of them, so they were able to get me in and out within three hours. It would have been sooner had my veins been cooperative and not gave the nurses a hard time for an hour. >.> I'm bruised to shit and sore as fuck now. And feeling better... eh. I'm not miserable like I was earlier but definitely not back to normal. It's gonna take several days to recover from this.

Moral of the story? Everyone needs to drink at least 64 ounces of fluids a day, more if you're active (which I'm not at the moment, but yeah). Or else you end up in the hospital with an IV of fucking saline and lots of bad shit going on.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

Amarlo

Is it weird that I like getting saline at the hospital?

Like, in my area they're constantly on high alert for drug addicts coming in for a quick fix but I'm like 'Screw the pills, give me a bag of saline!" Lmfao. My sister is the same way.

I'm sorry you had a hard time with it though. I have a friend that has deep veins and she has that same issue. They ended up having to put an IV in her neck once. Freaked me the fuck out! >.<

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Amarlo on July 10, 2016, 12:32:50 AM
Is it weird that I like getting saline at the hospital?

Like, in my area they're constantly on high alert for drug addicts coming in for a quick fix but I'm like 'Screw the pills, give me a bag of saline!" Lmfao. My sister is the same way.

I'm sorry you had a hard time with it though. I have a friend that has deep veins and she has that same issue. They ended up having to put an IV in her neck once. Freaked me the fuck out! >.<
FUCK. THAT. SHIT. I'd suffer before I let them do that shit to me. They threatened to get my feet if my arms/hands didn't work out. I was like "plsno."

I didn't mind the saline (I went through like... four liters of that shit a day after surgery), it was just the IV that upset me. I bled everywhere when they finally got it. It was great. Them, me, hands, blankets, pillow, floor. :D

Thorne

Err.. hell no. I apparently do not suffer from Crappy Veins (TM), and I will forever be thinking good thoughts for those who do. That sucks. >.<

Oh. Second weird question (.. did I miss the answer to the first one?); are you two using legendary-type weapons? There was a supplement that let a player (or GM) create their own. It was fun. Quests and the like, to unlock an apparently mundane weapons' full potential?
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

PrincelyPup

Oh god,  I totally empathize all too well with having crappy veins.  They can never find mine and have to stick over and over again.  One time her fingers were covered in blood and slipped and I started bleeding out onto the floor.  It was both horrific and hilarious. 

Oh and I just remembered a funny idea.  Is a good thing that on this game in playing my normal lovable cute self because before in a kind of freestyle game like this,  I was playing a "not so nice character" and came up with the most horrifying and creative way to kill someone.  Sorry but the whole dragon rider story got me nostalgic and I remembered it and have to share. 

What if you magically turned someone's skin to very clear, very fragile glass? You see their skin and skin only turn perfectly clear,  even their eyelids.  Their wide eyes darting like crazy but they can't move.  The panic males them breath faster,  their heart racing.  But... the rapid breath causes the class of their chest to start to crack.  In seconds their skin shatteres and all those blood vessels that were suspended in their skin get shredded. They collapse onto the shattered glass that penetrates the muscle directly to their bare nerves as they bleed out in a few minutes. 

Sorry... I really don't like gore,  so sorry if I upset anyone.  We were just talking about powers and veins and... dragons.  Sorry.  Maybe it inspired people?  It isn't always what spells you know but how you use them.  In a setting line this,  everyone really has freedom to create their skill,  beyond just naming a spell.  A minor fire ball might take down a fortress if aimed correctly. Or a single alteration to someone's sight at the right time can spell death easily.  I just wanted to give my two cents.  Think about how to use your powers to greatest effect,  not just what is cool or the easiest. 

Not that anyone here is,  or would.  Just wanted.... to be in the conversation.  Sorry.... I'll go now.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Remind me not to piss Daemon off.

In other news, Magic Weapons.  Oooh.  Ryn would like those.  A lot.  Since most of his powers are weapon based.  mmmm....

PrincelyPup

Don't worry,  I'm really just cuddly, squishy little boy toy.  The only time I'm scary is when someone hurts those I care about.  So don't be a traitor and I won't FILLET YOU ALIVE! I mean... scold you with a disappointed gaze.  Lol. 

No but all my powers are pretty much defensive or about creation and support.  I'll be healing and hopefully creating armor and weapons for my friends! Maybe even a base or two!! It might treasure a few months but one day we may have a diamond citadel!!! A true Dragon Knight Tower!

Speaking of which,  this story reminds me of Divinity 2 : Ego Draconis. Like a lot.  Or eragon.... but fuck that noise. 

Is anyone adverse about feral dragon sex,  Futa on boy,  or BDSM?

We haven't really discussed how sex was going to be involved in this.  Not that I'm a nympho but it is E after all. I just really would prefer to make friends and not be outcasted of I can help it.  As a male sub whose into gender role reversal.  ...I kinda don't get to Rp very often anymore.  So I gots no friends.  Sorry if I'm a bit shy or overly apologetic,  it's just kinda who I am.  I probably already have annoyed the GMs with how often I apologize in Pms lol. 

I just haven't said much and I wanted to get more involved.  Sorry if I seem a bit long winded. I have a lot to say but tend to let it build up because I usually am worried about being rude if I just post when others are having a conversation. Ya know?

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 10, 2016, 05:31:24 AM
Don't worry,  I'm really just cuddly, squishy little boy toy.  The only time I'm scary is when someone hurts those I care about.  So don't be a traitor and I won't FILLET YOU ALIVE! I mean... scold you with a disappointed gaze.  Lol. 

No but all my powers are pretty much defensive or about creation and support.  I'll be healing and hopefully creating armor and weapons for my friends! Maybe even a base or two!! It might treasure a few months but one day we may have a diamond citadel!!! A true Dragon Knight Tower!
Nothing at all wrong with playing the healer.  Someone has to.  I love the idea of the smith, too.  Mostly because Ryn is all about stabbing and/or shooting someone, so please, give me new shiny things.

QuoteSpeaking of which,  this story reminds me of Divinity 2 : Ego Draconis. Like a lot.  Or eragon.... but fuck that noise. 

The Inheritance books were decent, although the end was pretty weak.  We never speak of the Eragon movie.  Ever.

QuoteIs anyone adverse about feral dragon sex,  Futa on boy,  or BDSM?

We haven't really discussed how sex was going to be involved in this.  Not that I'm a nympho but it is E after all. I just really would prefer to make friends and not be outcasted of I can help it.  As a male sub whose into gender role reversal.  ...I kinda don't get to Rp very often anymore.  So I gots no friends.  Sorry if I'm a bit shy or overly apologetic,  it's just kinda who I am.  I probably already have annoyed the GMs with how often I apologize in Pms lol. 

I will admit right off that I'm hetero and dominant to the point that anything other than that is far outside my comfort zone.  However, the Character sheets will all have preferences listed, so I'm sure you can find something among everyone.  As for Feral dragon sex... well, you can probably look at my avatar and see my thoughts on that one.  This being E, I'm sure there will be plenty of times to break off and have their fun, though from what I've gathered (I don't group game a lot), those scenes will usually devolve into private threads for people to not take away from the flow of larger plots (and not to mention timelines).

QuoteI just haven't said much and I wanted to get more involved.  Sorry if I seem a bit long winded. I have a lot to say but tend to let it build up because I usually am worried about being rude if I just post when others are having a conversation. Ya know?

Wispyr and Amarlo and Ely can tell you that I tend to be the same way; the more I talk, the better my mood is, and I tend to be a bit bipolar.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Wispyr

Quote from: Thorne on July 10, 2016, 03:29:21 AM
Oh. Second weird question (.. did I miss the answer to the first one?); are you two using legendary-type weapons? There was a supplement that let a player (or GM) create their own. It was fun. Quests and the like, to unlock an apparently mundane weapons' full potential?
Thinking you're talking about Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords - short answer is yes, items like this do exist in the game; longer answer, yes the players may acquire some of these items through game play but they'll not be starting with any of them. And aside from just them there are tons of other cool items in the the pipe line that aren't all just weapon base - we'll have stuff for everyone!

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 10, 2016, 04:01:06 AM
...<snip killer stuff>...
That's a really neat idea. -Adds to his extensive book of GM ways to torture players-

Quote from: Arcannyx on July 10, 2016, 04:10:48 AM
In other news, Magic Weapons.  Oooh.  Ryn would like those.  A lot.  Since most of his powers are weapon based.  mmmm....
I suspect many will! It'll be glorious!

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 10, 2016, 05:31:24 AM
Is anyone adverse about feral dragon sex,  Futa on boy,  or BDSM?

To the first, this is going in the extreme boards so pretty much anything is free game - so long as all players involved in the scene itself are kosher with it.

As Arcannyx mentioned, for the rest of it, it is not the focus of the story. There will be a thread(s?) for the game where the adult action can take place - because relationship dynamics are absolutely something we want to see grow in the game - without interrupting the flow of the story that's being weaved. So basically how much sex you're writing is really up to you and any partners you have, and will always be done secondarily in side threads.

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 10, 2016, 09:37:56 AM
I'm such an easy time with my profile! :D
Wooooot!

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Wispyr on July 10, 2016, 11:12:18 AM
Thinking you're talking about Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords - short answer is yes, items like this do exist in the game; longer answer, yes the players may acquire some of these items through game play but they'll not be starting with any of them. And aside from just them there are tons of other cool items in the the pipe line that aren't all just weapon base - we'll have stuff for everyone!

Weapons of Legacy.

Tome of Battle was where the maneuvers came from.  They had Wepaons of Legacy in there, designed for the types of characters ToB could create, however.

Flower

Wispyr

Quote from: Arcannyx on July 10, 2016, 11:21:40 AM
Weapons of Legacy.

Tome of Battle was where the maneuvers came from.  They had Wepaons of Legacy in there, designed for the types of characters ToB could create, however.
Yea... That's the one. I had to go look at my bookshelf after I posted that cause I knew it didn't sound right, lol.

Quote from: la dame en noir on July 10, 2016, 11:19:07 AM
Twas sarcasm lol
Oh... In my defense I just woke up... >.>

Lindrea

Quote from: Wispyr on July 10, 2016, 11:22:40 AM
Oh... In my defense I just woke up... >.>

You and me both.

I swear I'm working on my character.  Just waiting for Aribeth to get up so we can discuss a couple things. :)

Cataclysmic Archangel

Terrible defense.  I've already been up 8 hours and I only have 3 hours left of my shift!

PrincelyPup

Just for fyi. The maneuvers ate in the tome of nine swords
Mainly for the class warblade. I have played several of them and they are overpowered as shit in 3.5. I love them to death. 

They have different styles and different maneuvers for many different things as well as stances.  Those might be a good base for might powers. 

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Daemon0110 on July 10, 2016, 11:37:01 AM
Just for fyi. The maneuvers ate in the tome of nine swords
Mainly for the class warblade. I have played several of them and they are overpowered as shit in 3.5. I love them to death. 

They have different styles and different maneuvers for many different things as well as stances.  Those might be a good base for might powers.

Was a favorite of mine also.  I have the book laying around (lost my Weapons of Legacy, though).

It actually survived to 5E also, as one specialization under Fighter.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Arcannyx on July 10, 2016, 07:06:33 AM
  Nothing at all wrong with playing the healer.  Someone has to.  I love the idea of the smith, too.  Mostly because Ryn is all about stabbing and/or shooting someone, so please, give me new shiny things.

The Inheritance books were decent, although the end was pretty weak.  We never speak of the Eragon movie.  Ever.
-raises her hand-Saidrym is healer extraordinaire! Trained in the healing arts, in alchemy, AND her runes are magic healy stuff!

And yes... we never mention the abomination that was the movie of those books. Never. Ever. Never.

But yeah. Crappy veins such. Dehydration sucks. And now I'm getting sick. My body hates me. -hides away in blanket fort-

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on July 10, 2016, 11:40:08 AM

But yeah. Crappy veins such. Dehydration sucks. And now I'm getting sick. My body hates me. -hides away in blanket fort-

-Uses marshmallow catapult to lay siege to blanket fort.-

Which, btw, is the most productive thing I've done today.  Wow is work busy today!  It's almost as if today was the first day of a new schedule and we're horribly underst... oh, wait.