Star Wars: Outbreak [Character Sheet template up]

Started by GloomCookie, July 20, 2011, 12:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Recording: Trooper RB-302 Audio Log

We were just following orders...

We were aboard the Destructor, patrolling sector 42-Charlie when we received a distress call from a nearby planet.  It was our duty to protect Imperial citizens, so we responded.  We arrived and couldn't find any ships attacking, and at first we thought it was just a ploy.

Captain ordered us to contact the planet, but everything was quiet.  No transmissions.  How does a planet of 14 billion just go quiet like that?  Something was wrong, and so we were told to suit up and get ready to investigate.

I was on the first shuttle down, landing near the center of the first major city we could find.  The buildings looked abandoned, trash in the streets, even the droids were missing.  We couldn't find anything.  Until we found the blood.

Painted on the wall near a transit depot, we investigated.  Like everything else, it was quiet, and we wondered what had happened.  We went further down, and saw a door blocked by a crate leading into the darkness.  We pried the doors open, and discovered a maintenance tunnel filled with a nightmare.

STAR WARS: OUTBREAK
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

kobrakid92

This looks interesting. I will keep an eye on this.

Antisoul

Jesus titty fucking Christ! A Star Wars Zombie game! I think I just came in my pants.

GloomCookie

Recording: Lt. Rema Thanes

I was one of the first to arrive when the troopers came back up.  They had wounded and, as one of the surgeons, I rushed to help despite being off-duty.  I thought it was blaster burns or something similar.  At first I feared it would be the same dreary thing as usual when returning from combat.  After this, I never complained about patching up soldiers with a few little blaster wounds.

When the shuttles landed, we knew something was wrong.  They were covered in blood that had flash frozen due to the rapid ascent.  As the ramp came down, two troopers were hauling a third towards me, his arm clearly broken where they'd ripped away the armor, and he had a savage bite to his arm.  I got him on a gurney and we began heading for sickbay as fast as we could.  His fever was astronomical!  I'd never heard of a human with such a high fever.

We worked for hours, trying to cool his body with ice and bacta, but it was no use.  His flesh was necrotic around the bite and we feared poison, but we couldn't identify it in the system.  We worked for hours but in the end, he perished, and we had to write him and two others off.  Half the team had gone missing, and the Captain had ordered all discussion of the event to cease.  Something terrible had happened, and we didn't know what.

We placed the few cadavers in the morgue while we tended the few wounds by the others, preferring to get them out of the way before we conducted autopsies.  I was just about to go off duty when one of the surgeons screamed, and I turned and looked just in time to see one of the dead troopers grab the doctor by the head and sink his teeth into the poor man's neck.  With a savage jerk, the dead trooper tore away almost all of the surgeon's neck.  I didn't remember who it was, his face was obscured, but I know he had to have died horribly.

We called for security, and they rushed to help, but it was too late.  They rushed the troopers as they arrived, ripping away armor and flesh with the ease of a mad Wookie.  I ran, and one gave chase.  I got lucky I suppose in that someone stepping out of his office was caught instead of me.  I kept running as fast as I could, and could hear them behind me.  I made it to a lift and got the doors closed just in time.  That was the last I saw of them on that deck, but it wouldn't be the last.

Send a picture and a copy of your Imperial Citizenship to Linna.  The sooner you do, the sooner you can help protect the galaxy.  Deadline for submission is August 5.
My DeviantArt

undisclosedtoyou

Dammit all to hell I want to join this game, because it sounds Awesome!  But, even though I've watched all the movies, my Star Wars knowledge is atrocious at best.  So I shall stalk this game like crazy, because this will definitely be a fun read!
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kckolbe

Will this be system or freeform?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

GloomCookie

Quote from: kckolbe on July 25, 2011, 03:08:18 PM
Will this be system or freeform?

Freeform system.  Basically it'll be a group of survivors, mixed Stormtroopers, ship's crew and officers, who survive the initial outbreak aboard the ship and try to survive.  I'll randomly roll random encounters and then I'll do a roll for how many turns away they are.  You have that many turns to roll as high as you can and pick them off, before I start rolling attacks.  If you get bit, you'll have a chance to roll twice and either time if you win, you'll be able to avoid turning.  If you fail your rolls, you'll begin to turn.

If that sounds overly complicated, I'm sorry, and I'm willing to work with anyone who wants to help me develop a proper system.  If we can't come up with something, we'll probably stick with freeform, though that's no guarantee at this point.
My DeviantArt

kckolbe

Actually that sounds pretty good.  As long as there is some non-biased way of handling combat and risk.  Since I am not expecting pvp a formal system isn't important. 

Also, Undisclosedtoyou, having read this a few times, I don't see significant Star Wars knowledge being important.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

GloomCookie

Quote from: kckolbe on July 26, 2011, 05:41:43 AM
Actually that sounds pretty good.  As long as there is some non-biased way of handling combat and risk.  Since I am not expecting pvp a formal system isn't important. 

Also, Undisclosedtoyou, having read this a few times, I don't see significant Star Wars knowledge being important.

I don't expect any problems, just a few dice tosses every now and then.  And no, I'm not going to require tons of knowledge about Star Wars.  In fact, all the information will be provided to you.  All you need to do is survive ^^

CHARACTER SHEETS
Name:
Picture: (optional)
Division: ARMY or NAVY
Select Rank: (Enlisted Ranks Only please)
Brief Bio:
Class: TANK, MEDIC, FIGHTER, SCOUT
TANKS carry heavier armor than their counterparts, so they're often slower.  They make up for it by being able to defend really well, carrying heavier guns to the fight, but they stand a greater chance of being overwhelmed.
FIGHTERS have lighter armor and typically carry medium sized guns.  Their main advantage is being able to move faster than tanks and avoid situations where they'd be overwhelmed.
MEDICS carry small field kits with bacta patches that can be used to treat injuries other than zombie bites.  They carry only light weapons and little armor, so they need to be defended while performing their duties.
SCOUTS are similar to the medics in lacking heavy armor, but make up for it by carrying long-range weapons and being trained to pilot vehicles.
My DeviantArt

kckolbe

You will be playing a medic, correct?  Or will we be separate from her?

Intro Thread

GloomCookie

Quote from: kckolbe on July 26, 2011, 08:34:01 AM
You will be playing a medic, correct?  Or will we be separate from her?

I'll remain separate for this one.  If needed, I'll play NPCs who will interact with the players along the way.

ALSO!  I have decided to throw a new type of zombie your way besides just the standard runners and shamblers.  I doubt Class II or III will ever be used in this game, but be on the lookout for Class I and IV.

KNOW YOUR ZOMBIES
Not all diseases affect all species, especially in a varied galaxy.  Yet this disease does it's absolute best to try, and only a small handful of species have proven immune.  For humanoids, regardless of species, the effects are the same.  Below describes the way the disease spreads from victim to victim.
Class I: Standard Bite The majority of cases beyond the initial outbreak involve biting or other fluid contact that allows the virus to enter the victim.  While not the most efficient method, when encountering packs of zombies, this method is often enough.
Class II: Contaminated Water While all sources of water aboard ships are purified thoroughly, on a planet, large storage tanks full of water can become contaminated with the virus and make it possible to infect anywhere from a handful to several million people.
Class III: Airborne Aerosol Weaponized into a mist that is distributed via ships onto the planet below, the fine mist has little difficulty in spreading to infect the most people in a limited amount of time.  The majority of the initial 14 billion were infected this way.
Class IV: Airborne Infected While the disease isn't able to spread via the air from normal wounds, when the brain is left exposed and the zombie begins to die, the disease forms small pods that explode when disturbed, sending thousands of deadly spores through the air.

And now for the TYPES of zombies you can expect to encounter
Runner These little buggers were infected while still alive and healthy, thus allowing the virus to take over an intact system.  The virus is programmed to feed and kill anything that isn't one of its own, and can push a body beyond its normal limits due to being unable to feel pain. 
Twitcher These are zombies that suffered injury before succumbing to the infection.  Twitchers often shamble along with open wounds, making them more likely to infect through simple contact with a non-infected individual.
Berserker Individuals who somehow managed to avoid completely succumbing to the disease, but whose mind is shattered.  They aren't attacked by zombies, and often carry weapons to attack anyone not infected.
Gas Bags A mutation from the normal virus, Gas Bags suffer from having their internal organs converted into a giant floating bomb full of spores.  When punctured, their thin skin erupts with millions of spores, making it possible to spread infection quickly.

ALSO NOTE: I have decided to make all survivors immune (Just like L4D) so don't worry so much about being bitten, just worry about fighting ^^
My DeviantArt

kckolbe

Name: Joey Leffels
Picture:
Division: NAVY
Select Rank: Seaman (E-3)
Brief Bio: Joey is a greenie, straight out of tech school.  He enlisted, like many, with the intent of paying for university on Corellia, hoping that as a medic he would at least be spared the front lines.
Class: MEDIC

Intro Thread

kobrakid92

Name: Aiden Stevens
Picture:
Division: ARMY
Select Rank: Private First Class
Brief Bio: Aiden joined the Army to get out and see the galaxy and to bring some excitement to his life. It was the military or take over his father's store on Coruscant.
Class: Scout

VillainousMuse

We have Ashton Kutcher and Edward Norton on our side... things are going to be very comedic and dramatic but don't worry, we'll all make it through! :D

AngelicBlade

I am interested in this, if you need an extra character gimme a PM.

fallensaviour

Quote from: VillainousMuse on August 03, 2011, 06:05:15 AM
We have Ashton Kutcher and Edward Norton on our side... things are going to be very comedic and dramatic but don't worry, we'll all make it through! :D

thats sean william scott

on a more story related note, how about people who may or may not have been either in a brig, or arived later to attempt to salvage off the derelict ship?

GloomCookie

The brig idea is a possibility, but salvage ships, especially ones big enough to handle a Star Destroyer, would take months, and would more than likely be another Imperial ship, possibly a flying shipyard.  In such an event, if they felt it was an outbreak of some kind, they'd probably just blast the thing to pieces and be done with it, rather than risk further contamination.
My DeviantArt

fallensaviour

Karasu

Removed, due to vandalism.

AngelicBlade

I think we're looking for more but I'm not sure, I was waiting for more people before posting a character sheet.

Snark

Guyver0335

I second that, it's past aug 5 but if you're still take submissions I would love to play!