San Lironus

Started by Leonis, April 23, 2010, 12:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonis

"Wait, what?" Rollard scratched his head under his hat, confused. "You say it's 2037?" He checked his surroundings once more. "But just before I opened up that gate, it was 1337...oh no!" He took off his hat and grasped it tightly, as if it would stop him from having a panic attack. "This...this can only mean...I sent myself into the future!" Eventually though, he snapped out of it and began to follow the two men. "Where are we going?"

(GM's note: The pawn shop sells common supplies, and there is a hotel nearby. Staying at hotels will restore all characters' HP and TP.)

Nevermore of blood ravens

"Kid, I think that gate sent you into something way over your head." He laughed nervously the spies were everywhere and the man from the past would attract alot of attention, they had to hide.

(nice year, way to throw in a 1337 reference)

Leonis

"But what about Solaryn's Tower!? It was under siege!" Rollard couldn't stay still. "That spellbook I used...could it have been the Chronos Tome!? I heard it mentioned before, but I didn't think it actually existed..."

Aether

Marcus eyes the robed Rollard and raises an eyebrow.  He had always enjoyed any of the books he had ever read concerning wizardry and it may just be fun to find out what this one was all about.

Marcus begins to follow the little group nonchalantly.

Kiric Rand

Jessie was moving with the other two, still in disbelief. "What you are saying can't be real. Magic doesn't exist. It's just something we're told as children to make us sleep easier." He shook his head. Maybe this kid just bumped his head preaty bad when those gangers caught up to him."

He looked into his backpack. "My suppiles are getting low, maybe I ought to get some things before we go to far."
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Aether

Marcus speeds up a bit, hoping he wont intimidate the little group with a seeming real to life wizard in tow.  He draws in beside the group and looks at them with a smile.

"I could not help but over hear you talking about magic."  Marcus looks at Rollard specifically and then to the Jessie and Mikeal.  "I am a bit of a martial trainee, working with swords with a little kick from the 21st century.  It seems maybe you all can use a little muscle to back up your party.  The likes of this guy," he nods to Rollard, "can get your asses kicked out here in the park at night.  I am Marcus."

Marcus wears an old and beat up olive drab trench made of heavy canvas.  Underneath can be seen a glistening black and form fitting...  Something.  Where the trench ends, boots take over, calf high.  They are rugged and beat up looking.  At his side is a bulge that can not quite be made out, if anything, it looks like a fore shortened sword...

Mikael eyed the newcomer and laughed deeply. "Muscle is something I dont lack kiddo" He paused and thought for a moment, "Although, there is strenght in numbers, and we're certainly gonna attract attention with him dressed like that." He gestured at Rollard and smiled.

Leonis

"You don't believe in magic in this age?" Rollard asked, confused. "Then what is this?" He held up his hand and a flaming sphere began to form in his palm. "I could do more, if only I had more spell tomes!"

The pawn shop is currently selling the following items:

Bandages: 40 Liros (Restores 250 HP)
Tech Drink: 200 Liros (Restores 30 MP)
Antidote: 30 Liros (Removes "Poison" effect)
Defibrillator: 100 Liros (Removes "KO" effect)
Staff: 20 Liros (+5 ATK; Weapon for Rollard)
Pistol: 30 Liros (+7 ATK; Weapon for Mikael)
Dagger: 25 Liros (+6 ATK; Weapon for Jessie)
Short Sword: 35 Liros (+8 ATK; Weapon for Marcus)
Robe: 35 Liros (+5 DEF, +8 RES; Armor for Rollard)
Heavy Coat: 25 Liros (+6 DEF, +6 RES; Armor for Mikael)
Jacket: 40 Liros (+8 DEF, +7 RES; Armor for Jessie)
B.P.V.: 30 Liros (+7 DEF, +5 RES; Armor for Marcus; -25% Damage from bullets)
Unknown Book: 10 Liros (Mysterious symbols are written on the cover...)

Kiric Rand

Jessie looks through the pawn shops inventory, taking note of what is around when a strange book caught his eye. *You don't think....?* He looked over how much money he had. *Damn, just enough, not much of a profit tonight then.* He called over the shopkeep, purchasing a few items before dropping his money on the counter and returning to the rest of the group

Purchased 1 bandage, unknown book, dagger, and Jacket
(would also like to sell the weapon and armor i have now if possible)

"Hey kid, you mentioned tombs, might this be something you know about?" He dropped the strange book in Rollard's lap waiting for his reaction.
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Mikael followed Jessie into the shop and wanders around before returning with heavy coat and a pistol before staring intently at the mysterious book.

Aether

"Hey you!  Put that away before someone decides they want to try and kick our asses!"  Marcus bats at Rollard's hand holding the ball of flame.

Marcus enters the store and does likewise, trying to trade his kevlar suit and vibrosword for the BPV and shortsword.  He also throws a bandage in the mix and asks the shopkeeper how much.

Marcus also introduces himself at some point to the group he invited himself into.  He explains that he was bored and wandering the park looking to protect old ladies and that he works for a big fabricating shop in the industrial district as a machinist.  He hints that if someone can provide him with blue prints, he can build just about anything.

Mikael is overjoyed to meet a fellow crafter and immediately engages the newcomer in shop talk.

Aether

Marcus discusses with Mikael the possibilities he had in mind for power suits as he waits for the pawn shop owner to decide whether or not to make a sale with him.

Mikael is of course fascinated by the idea of a power suit but notes that it might be highly impractical for resisting a force so large, and that staying hidden could be more productive.

Leonis

Rollard came into the shop and looked around at what was in stock. He purchased for himself a staff and a robe. Good enough, he thought. He then proceeded to sell his old equipment.

The apprentice's eyes lit up when he was shown the strange book. "This...this is the Tome of Power! Wait until I get a chance to use this!"

Rollard can now cast "Power Up" and "Power Down" in battle.

"So who were those guys that had attacked me earlier? They were wearing matching outfits...were they part of a gang?"

(I have updated the Character Status post, AKA the first post in this topic, to reflect the transactions made)

Aether

Marcus hears Mikael and thinks about it and wonders if the can simply build a magnificent and deadly sword powered by the 21st century.  He also wonders what ideas Mikael has about fabrication.

"Lets go find these bullies, Rollard!"

(I am going to assume that I know names now...  <.<)

" I'm not really sure, there are plenty of people around here that would be more than happy to take down somebody dressed like you." He laughed a little "You really stand out here." he turns to Marcus and states simply "I can take anything and make it better."

Kiric Rand

"Well, I'm glad you all found something to talk about, but I think we need to find somewhere to crash and find out a little more about this kid before we get attacked again." Jessie grabbed his change, starting to head out the door. "I really don't feel like getting nearly smoked again trying to protect him again."
[Floatright]
[/float]

Mikael nodded in agreement "My place isnt to far from here, we should be safe there for a while"

Kiric Rand

"Sure, but somewhere is better than anywhere." Jessie started walking out the door before he almost smacked himself. "The name's Jessie by the way." He held his hand out for all the new people to shake, wondering who would have the most valuable items to swipe later.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Leonis

Rollard agreed to follow the group, making their way through the park. It looks like one of the few tranquil places left on the planet, except for the dangerous stray animals lurking around. A group of them surround the group and attack.

BATTLE!
Rollard
Mikael
Jessie
Marcus

vs.

Stray Cat A
Stray Dog A
Stray Cat B
Stray Dog B

Mikael snorts in ire and shoots at one of the dogs

Kiric Rand

Jessie will attempt to stab one of the cats.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Aether

Marcus greets all around and says anywhere is better than here in a pawn shop in the middle of the night.

Marcus then laughs as he sees them being set upon by a group of stray animals and lustfully initiates a triple slash attack on dog b, since dog a is being attacked already.

Leonis

ROUND 1
Rollard: 19
Mikael: 15
Jessie: 22
Marcus: 25
Stray Cat A: 17
Stray Dog A: 20
Stray Cat B: 24
Stray Dog B: 16

Marcus performs a Triple Slash on Stray Dog B. His attacks hit for 28 and 30 damage, but the last one misses, but Stray Dog B is defeated anyways.
Stray Cat B scratches Jessie for 21 damage.
Jessie stabs Stray Cat A for 16 damage.
Stray Dog A bites Rollard for 19 damage.
Rollard tries to hit Stray Dog A back, but misses.
Stray Cat A scratches Marcus for 17 damage.
Mikael shoots Stray Dog A for 23 damage.