WoW: Cataclysm. Can you wait? o3o

Started by Wolfy, July 03, 2010, 02:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

I dunno, looking at the long term forsaken, it`s interesting to watch sylvannis struggle against the scurge, then fall to the very thing she was fighting against becoming.
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Proud Owner of what is His.

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

AllieCat

*sneaks up on the hordie flag and feeds it to a hungry band of murlocs*

(Proud player of Humans:  85 Warrior and 50 or so Pally on Moon Guard) :D)

Vincent

*makes note to find ally  on his troll..... with the full might of the kor`kron behind him*
The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

AllieCat

gonna be harder then you think *giggles* I took full advantage of the Tol Barad Lottery (gods and goddesses, that was the first hotfix I've ever seen that made things 100x worse!).. geared in a LOT of IL359 gear :)

Vincent

As did aboult half our  guild. we`re alreday doing rated bg`s where i`m like maybe one in three that don`t have full gear.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Xillen

Quote from: AllieCat on January 10, 2011, 07:43:20 AM
gonna be harder then you think *giggles* I took full advantage of the Tol Barad Lottery (gods and goddesses, that was the first hotfix I've ever seen that made things 100x worse!).. geared in a LOT of IL359 gear :)

359 resilience gear :P

AllieCat

Hey, for warriors, Resillience is a good thing *grins*

Vincent

God, i remember getting kicked from a guild in BC cause they though i was hacking when i out DPSed everyone in Black temple with PvP gear on. the T5 equivilent was geared and itemized just as well for fury warriors. throw in the badge thenthe hyjal trash claws... so pimpin.. so much hate....
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

Xillen

PvP gear should be considered a full tier lower than PvE gear, especially since it cannot be reforged. Epic PvP gear is about as good as heroic PvE gear, so wearing Epic PvP gear is not that bad when stepping into raids, but you want to start replacing them with raid epics asap.

We had two paladins joining us during WotLK who were Arena freaks. They did ok, but the Retri was complaining how he missed way too often, and the Holy was going OOM in no time. After a week or two-three, they were decked in full PvE epics and their Raid performance went up bigtime.

PvP gear seems to lack on hit and mana regen mostly, having resilience in it's place.

Vincent

Warrior gear in bc had enough yellow gems to make the hit needs.
Douglas Adams

Vincent's D&Ds

Ideas.

LunarSage

Is it just me or is Protection the only spec a Warrior should ever choose?

I tried Arms, then Fury, then went back to Arms while leveling and now my main is 72 and just switched to Protection with appropriate PvE gear and my GOD I'm dealing almost as much damage as I was with Arms but I can take on sooooo many mobs at once now.

*Loves Protection*

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Xillen

It's the same for paladin. If you want to take out single targets, Arms/Fury/Ret is faster, but Protection is awesome for AoE grinding.

Vengeange is a little overpowered, though. I think they're going to fix that.

Aiden

Nothing wrong with vengeance, it drops as you get out of combat plus it is really needed to keep up with threat on dps class.

I will only play a warrior as prot, arms and fury warriors are at the bottom of the caste system when it comes to warriors. Real warriors strap a shield to their back and hold the fucking line!

/rally

Xillen

Quote from: Aiden on January 10, 2011, 11:57:47 AMNothing wrong with vengeance, it drops as you get out of combat plus it is really needed to keep up with threat on dps class.

Well, it's a little too strong for my tastes. In raids, at tank switches, I litterally have to press ESC, as autoattacking would mean overaggroing after a taunt. Only when Vengeance drops off can I safely DPS again. I have a huge lead over DPS except for the first couple of seconds where Vengeance is not that useful.

Quote from: Aiden on January 10, 2011, 11:57:47 AMI will only play a warrior as prot, arms and fury warriors are at the bottom of the caste system when it comes to warriors. Real warriors strap a shield to their back and hold the fucking line!

That's the spirit. Same way I think about my paladin.

Though I gotta admit, I got Ret as my offspec for those raids where we have too many tanks. I seem to be the tank with the best geared offspec atm, and give better raidbuffs, so I'm often the first one to go DPS when we have too many tanks.

Bayushi

Oh yeah!

Ding 85!

FINALLY!

Back to working on my baby Goblin Shammy. She's so damned cute, too.

Saerrael

LunarSage

The Golden Touch

-Quietly pets her feral druid bear-

^ ^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

LunarSage

My highest level character is still only 72.  Is that bad?

Aiden

Nah, people level at different rates. But the game officially sucks until Cata content at Hyjal or Vash'jir. Question actually becomes fun again.

LunarSage

But I've been playing since late 2008!  *chuckles*

The Golden Touch

My druid is at 80, but I haven't played since December because I'm leaving soon.  It took me months and months to get from 70 to 80, so its completely normal.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

AllieCat

Trust me, if you're looking to level a skinner, once you get 80-81 into a certain area in Mount Hyjal.. it'll take you an hour or so to get to 525 skinning :P

Aiden

The roost!  I stuck around skinning for a long time there! Sooooo much leather!

Xillen

It really depends on your style of play. Some people (admittedly myself included) reach the next level cap within a week or so, spending a bit of extra time on WoW in the first two weeks after a new expansion to get their character back on track, and then spend most of their effort on raiding.

Others take a more casual experience, enjoying the process of leveling their character and moving from area to area over an extended period of time.

When you levelcap, the game changes considerably. If you enjoy this or not is up to you.

And congratulations, Akiko.