Small "A Song of Ice & Fire" RP (MFF, possibly more)

Started by Zillah, May 19, 2015, 08:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zillah

I'm looking to try to start a small RP set in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" universe (the books, not the "Game of Thrones" show, though both are excellent). So ideally, players should be familiar with at least the first three books in the series. While I don't have a ton of specifics in mind, these are my rough ideas and basics for what I'm looking for:

No canon characters. All characters should be completely original.

Nothing happening in the RP should impact/change the events of the books.

This will be a freeform RP.

I'm looking for a minimum of three characters, possibly four. The three characters are:

• A male - a minor noble, about to be married
  • A female - his young bride to be, who's something of an innocent
  • Another female - the minor noble's mistress, who may or may not also be related to him

I could see another male character in this, but let's see how interest in the other roles goes first. I'd be playing one of the female roles. Details are to be worked out depending on what the players want - the male can be an inexperienced teen or a grizzled war veteran widower, for example. And this can range from anywhere from Light to Extreme, again based upon player likes/dislikes and interests.

If there's questions about this RP, please ask them here. If you're interested in possibly participating, please PM me directly.

Thanks!

azzmeister89

Sounds interesting, I'll gladly take the male character role

Zillah

Quote from: azzmeister89 on May 19, 2015, 09:55:03 AM
Sounds interesting, I'll gladly take the male character role

Quote from: Zillah on May 19, 2015, 08:29:50 AM
If there's questions about this RP, please ask them here. If you're interested in possibly participating, please PM me directly.

:)

Ixy

I've never read the book (I know, it's a shame).  Would that be a major hindrance?  I enjoy the show, but am almost a season behind. 

How much do you anticipate the elements of action, erotica, horror, etc?

Zillah

Quote from: Ixy on May 19, 2015, 06:42:26 PM
I've never read the book (I know, it's a shame).  Would that be a major hindrance?  I enjoy the show, but am almost a season behind. 

How much do you anticipate the elements of action, erotica, horror, etc?

Not major, but it would be something of a hindrance, I'll admit. I actually think the show is better than the books, but that's because it's more streamlined than they are. (The show also got the benefit of seeing what worked/didn't work and adjusting accordingly, IMO). But it loses a lot of details that I think would be helpful for this RP.

As for the elements I'd like to see? Erotica, for sure. The rest of it will kind of depend on the characters. If the husband's a older, cynical bastard, it may be darker. Same goes if the mistress is jealous of the new bride. But if the lord is younger and more heroic, I'd expect it to be more upbeat and action-filled.

Does this help?

Ixy