Intrest Check for a Warhammer 40,000 Game

Started by Urbanzorro, November 08, 2011, 07:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordLuck

Name Magos Abdelmelqart Automatus
Species Once was Human... now is Much More.
Age Unknown, a month ago the last feed reports living tissue about 252 years old within his skull cavity
Position Magos Explorator - Divisio Cybernetica - Scola Historica
Personality Cold and distant, Magos Abdelmelqart has since long transcended the flesh that once denounced his humanity. Not anymore, as his aging heart barely pumps the black ichor that replaced his blood through the tubes that once were veins more than twice a minute. Fanatically dedicated to the Quest of Knowledge, this historian/expert in robotics and archeotechnology collects every information possible in the tremendous data-feeds and hard disks hidden beneath his robes, inside his chest. Less than Human, his cold, utmostly rational thinking and logic is only disturbed by the complete devotion for the Cult of the Machine Abdelmelqart is known to display publically; Ignoring the Inquisitors and more Orthodox sects within the Mechanicum, Magos Automatus
is a dedicated Khamrian, meaning his philosofy recognises the importance of robotics, explaining his dedication to them... and concealed from all, his curioity about the Abominable Intelligence.
Bio Abdelmelqart was once, long ago, a simple fascinated Menial in the world of Ryza. Vat-Grown to be an Homunculus and as such, grist to the mill, genetic anomalies mean his body rejected all the charges, growing him into a pure human rather than an abhuman. Displaying cunning and an devotion unseen in most except the members of the fabled Ordo Luminem, the Electro-Priests, Abdelmelqart was taken into the retinue of the Forge World's Archmagos Veneratus himself, the venerable Xarakthos Monomachus.
Learning Ryza's unsurpassed knowledge and replication about plasma technology, once Automatus achieved the rank of Acolyte and Equerry to the own Archmagos, he was trained on the ways of the Remembrancers and researchers of ancient archeotech and the Mechanicum's History, becoming one of the most speciallized savants about the uses and ways of creation so long forgotten.
Now in his most elderly age, the Elder Automatus is sent to the brinks of Mankind's Imperium, ordered by his Archmagos to serve and counsel the Rogue Trader... and of course, to demand any pieces of Archeotech and the fabled STCs found. His dedicated to his cause, and shall not suffer the Imperial Cult, remaining a Priest of the Machine first and foremost.
Wargear
Power Axe - As a higher than average member of the Mechanicum, Magos Automatus bear his Power Axe as both a deadly weapon of terrible proportions and as a Staff of his Office, denouncing his allegiance and his faith.
Heavy Bionics - Being more than 70% cybernetic have it's advantages. Automatus is almost completely made of inhuman tissue, and all of his neural fringes have been number by chemics and chirurgical extration. He fells absolutely no pain, although does not ignore the amount of damage he can shrug offf himself.
Carapace Armor - As a Magos Explorator, Automatus is most often than not into the middle of skirmishers and facing the deadly beasts that nest themselves amidst the ruins of Mankind. In order to protect himself from such annoyances, he was granted the thick plates of armaplas directly welded into his body. A large plate of ferrocrete covers his most vulnerable areas from harm to come to his Hard Disks. Mostly concealed by his thick, maroon robes of the Mechanicum.
Mechanicum Protectiva - An icon of his status as a beloved of the Machine-God and high member of the Adeptus Mechanicus, Abdelmelqart bears the talisman above his chest with pride and arrogance, disregarding almost all the danger that could easily obliterate him. A cousin of the Rosarius that members of the Ecclesiarchy bear, the Protective is a powerful yet personal power field capable of deflecting all but the most powerful blows and shots directed to him - such is the value of the information he collects. The Mechanicum erases nothing.
Servo Harness This clumsy disposity hangs from Abdelmelqart's back, hardwired into the Mind-Impulse Units on the back of his neck, giving him complete control over the Harness. It's a complete Harness, including two powerful Servo-Arms - both weapons capable of tearing through metal, flesh and bone with ease and handy retrievers for the archeotechnology he zealotly seeks - a large Welding Torch - handy into battlefield as a fixing tool or as a flamer, and a Plasma Cutter, a testament to his training on Ryza, capable of searing through ferrocrete of blowing shots like a Plasma-Gun.

Abilities
Multi-Spectrum Scanning Much like Lysander's bionic eye, the three lenses that makes up for Automatus own allows him to scan further into the light spectrum than the natural eye can. As such he can tap into both the ultra-violet and infra-red spectrum, as well as detect radiation levels. However, Abdelmelqart has no living eyes.
Hardwired Vox Caster Replacing where once stood his mouth, Automatus can only speak through his vox, giving him an annoying, condescending yet lifeless tone whenever he speaks with his atrophiated, rough voice. However, it allows to speak in Lingua-Technis, what he does most often than not.
Technical Savant As a Magos speciallized into the legio Cybernetica, Automatus is a peerless controler of Mechanical marvels such as the Robots he commanded under the Archmagos gaze. He is capable into battlefield repairs and in completing tasts dealing with general technology in a middle-level of proficiency. However...
Machine Cultist ...he is a zealot. The Magos shall not tolerate gimmicks that corrupt the sacrosanct circuits of the Machine, nor disrespectful behaviour before the Machine Spirts. If any such things happen before his gaze, he might turn the unstable emotions of his faith and become greedily violent in order to protect the Spirits of the Machine.

This is my take on the Magos character. If there's anything that you guys think it should be modified, please.... I'm all ears to adjust it!
Mourning.

Urbanzorro

@Katataban: I'd accept a navigator. Feel free to create a character

@LordLuck: Character approved
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

LordLuck

Quote from: Urbanzorro on December 09, 2011, 12:05:37 AM
@Katataban: I'd accept a navigator. Feel free to create a character

@LordLuck: Character approved

Yaaaay! Thanks!  ;D
Mourning.

bend

Hello! I'd love to play this...

Name: Anya Milligan-Satz
Species Human
Position Medicae Officer, Chief Xenologist

Personality: Polite, friendly and helpful Anya is overall a pleasurable person to have around... on the surface. Nobody really knows what she's thinking deep down, and she takes care not to reveal her motives.
The rumors about her connections to the Inquisition and her forbidden knowledge are enough to keep her comrades suspicious about her, and the lowly crew members show a superstitious distrust towards her.
Her rational and academic approach to matters of science often puts her at odds with the Adeptus Mechanicus, since she distrusts its secrecy and supertitious attitude.

Bio: An aristocrat coming from a wealthy family, she belongs to the lucky elite of Imperial citizens that received a formal academical education. Her high connections allowed her to delve deep into subjects that would earn a common citizen a sentence of heresy, including Xeno history and biology.
Anya, however, was not spared a visit by the Imperial Inquisition through the person of Interrogator Alistair Jeb of the Ordo Xenos. It is not clear why he decided to tolerate Anya's interests rather than charge her as an heretic, but it is rumored that since then she secretly works as a spy for the Inquisition, reporting her every finding in matters of Xeno biology and even forbidden Xenotech to the Holy Ordos.
Anya's family has always been a close supporter of the Lanasters, and when Lysander organized his expedition he allowed Anya to take a role on board in exchange for a big loan coming from her father.

Wargear

Hellpistol: this overcharged laser pistol can punch through anything but the thickest battle armor.
Master-crafted mono-dagger: An ornate cerimonial weapon that Anya inherited from her family. Although it is mainly a display of status, its blade has drawn the blood of the Milligans' enemies more than once.
Surgical tools and first aid kit: Useful for patching up a comrade in the middle of the battle, the surgical kit has more sinister uses too.
Auspex: This sophisticated hand-held sensor array allows for quick scans of the user's surroundings or deep analysis of samples collected in the field.
Dataslate: A portable cogitator device combining data storage and short range vox communications.

Abilities Medicine and biology, academical subjects. Basic combat training.

EDIT: The image isn't much 40k-ish but GW is short on female scientists... :( It is not mine but by a certain Storn, by the way.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Urbanzorro

@bend: Your character looks good, just find an image for her and she's approved :)

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Tamhansen

Name: Elsa Starsearcher.
Species: Human.
Position: Navigator

Personality: Haughty and condescending, Elsa is quite aggresive to strangers. Her upbringing has taught hershe's better than others. But once someone has won her confidence, they have made a loyal, if sometimes sarcastic friend.

Bio: Born on Keppler 22 one of the closest habitable planets to Terra, Elsa, as part of the Navis Nobilae has led a very sheltered and priviliged life. From a very young age she was trained to serve in the Imperium's warfleet. She was soon proven to have tremendous skill, and she seemed to be destined to be assigned to one of the chapters. But as she grew up Elsa found that the strict regime of the astropaths scared her. Worse than that, she felt that she rather live as a normal human, than being strapped into the tubes and cables of the Astropath's chair. She used her considerable fortune to find someone willing to smuggle her away. She met her 'saviours' in the backroom of the spaceport, and they spirited her away.

Only to try and sell her into slavery. As soon as they touched ground at the Argilus spaceport, the captain came down to her chambers, and.  forced himself on her. As he pushed her down, suddenly she felt herself surrounded by a bright purple light. She heard the man atop her scream in anguish, and suddenly he collapsed, he struggled for a few minutes before dying. The news quickly spread, and the crew asked her to spare them, and dropped her off at the spaceport.

She decided to hire herself out as ship's navigator, and the first contract she found was someone called Lanaster.

Wargear:
Force staff: Passed down the starsearcher family for ages, this forcestaff is a powerful focus point for those able to use psi.

Abilities:
Flawless travel: Able to plot a course through the warp with near perfect skill, making it possible to make big trips across the universe.
Eye of the Vortex: When Elisa's third eye opens anyone who gazes into it, convulses, and collapses in pain, dying a slow agonizing death.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Urbanzorro

@bend: She looks good, character approved :D
@Everyone: Here's an updated list of open/taken slots.
@Kataban: There's a few changes I'm going to have to ask you to make before I can approve your character. I've messaged you the details.

Rogue Trader Captain:Lysander Lanaster Urbanzorro
First Mate
Master at Arms
Bridge Officer:Anya Milligan-Satz bend
Bridge Officer:Magos Abdelmelqart Automatu LordLuck
Bridge Officer

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Athos

My attempt at a Master of Arms.

Name Daven Rex
Species Human
Age 48
Position Master of Arms

Personality Usually quiet, stoic and gruff in nature, Daven embodies the hardworking nature of Imperial Guard non-coms and the inherent arrogance of the same. At first glance it is easy to dismiss Daven as an uneducated grunt, but in his years at the Schola Progenium, he’s studied history, language and philosophy and remains up to date on all three. In battle, Daven is a driven and talented killer, but seems to take little pleasure in it.

Bio Daven was born in space approximately 48 years ago. His father was a Commissar attached to an Imperial Guard regiment and was killed in action when Daven was still a toddler. An orphan, Daven was taken in by the Schola Progenium and trained to serve the Imperium. As he grew, it became apparent that what he lacked in his father’s charisma, he more than made up for in combat skill. Upon graduation, he was inducted into the Imperial Storm Trooper regiment and spent the next 25 years fighting the enemies of the Imperium. Then five years ago Daven was grievously injured during a mission. As a result, his leg was amputated. Only a Sergeant, Daven knew that it was next to impossible that he would be refitted with a bionic leg, so he was shocked when the requisition came in granting him one. Following his recovery, he was mysteriously forced into retirement. For the last four years, Daven has travelled the Imperium working as a mercenary, all the while trying to find out why he was given a new leg and why right after was forced out of the military.

Wargear

Carapace Armor – Carapace armour consists of large rigid plates of armaplas or ceramite molded to fit parts of the body. It can range from complete armoured suits like those worn by the Adeptus Arbites to individual pieces such as chest plates, helmets

Hellgun - The Hellgun is an enhanced version of the standard Lasgun used by the Imperial Guard. It is commonly issued to Imperial special forces units (such as Storm Troopers and Kasrkin), where its armour penetrating abilities compensate for a lack of numbers.

Long-las  Sniper Rifle - The long-las variant of the standard lasgun is a very potent weapon. Using highly charged power packs called "Hot Shots" they
can take the head off an enemy with one well-placed shot.

Twin Autopistol - Autopistols are rapid-firing automatic pistols which have a faster rate of fire than most other pistols.

Chainsword -  is a common form of chain weapon which is essentially a sword with powered teeth that run along the blade like that of a chainsaw.

Abilities

Hardened Veteran – Daven has spent his whole life fighting and is no stranger to the horrors of war. He is able to maintain calm and rational thought in circumstances that would make most people lose control.

Sniper – On top of years of training and combat, Daven has shown almost supernatural skill with ranged weapons. He has consistently shown the ability to hit the smallest of targets from the longest of distances in the most unfavourable of circumstance.

Close Combat Training – Though not his primary area of expertise, Daven has been well trained in close quarters fighting and has years of experience to back that up. He is able to use close combat weapons, pistols and hand to hand combat with a high degree of proficiency.

Bionic Leg – During his last tour of duty, Daven was gravely injured in an explosion and his right leg was amputated just above the knee. Due to his
war record and the needs of the campaign at the time, he was given a bionic leg that had been meant for someone of higher rank.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Urbanzorro

Here's the updated list:

Rogue Trader Captain:Lysander Lanaster Urbanzorro
First Mate
Master at Arms: Daven Rex Athos
Bridge Officer:Anya Milligan-Satz bend
Bridge Officer:Magos Abdelmelqart Automatu LordLuck
Bridge Officer

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Sanai

Still need a first mate?
Name Alexia Novus
Species Human
Age 33
Position First Mate

Personality Ambitious, intense and aggressive, Alexia Novus always excelled when on the offense, always seeking to take the fight to the enemy. She has little time for incompetence and has a fiery nature that causes her subordinates to fear her, but her exceptional command abilities and skill at space warfare, along with the way she recognises and rewards the skill and achievements of her crew have instilled a level of respect for her in the crew. She encourages and fosters a sense of pride in the ship, encouraging the crew to form a bond with the ship they fight aboard.

Bio Alexia was born on a space station orbitting a prosperous port world, the only child of a family with a proud history in the Imperial Navy. Her father funded her entrance into the best schooling and training money coul provide, and at the age of 16, she left home aboard an imperial destroyer. She pursued her career in the fleet above all else, always willing to take risks and to seize tactical oppertunities. Somehow, she was successfull most of the time, demonstrating a keen tactical mind and command potential. In her years of service, she has served on many imperial warships, and develope an impressive array of skills and experience. Eventually, she caught the eye of a rogue trader, joining his crew and rising to the position of first mate.

Wargear
Flak Armour: Basic armour of a lighter type than carapace armour, this armour provides reasonable protection without impeding movement. Alexia's flack armour is well crafted and comes in the form of a few plates an a vest worn under her uniform.
Bionic Arm: Alexia suffered severe plasma burns to her left arm. She had it replaced from the elbow down with a high quality bionic arm as suits an officer of the imperial navy.
Cybernetic Eye: Alexia's right eye was lost to shrapnel during a boarding action aboard a Dauntless class Cruiser. Ever since she has used a cybernetic eye that has advanced zooming capabilties, a hud that can feed various data to her vision, and various filters such as infared or night vision.
Shock Cutlass: This long, razor sharp Navy Issue sword carries a potent electrical charge along its blade, meaning that when used, it not only cuts through flesh and light armour, but electrocutes and shocks enemies, enabling it to stun and burn them. It has a variety of settings, so Alexia can use the flat of the blade or glancing blows to stun or incapacitate enemies rather than kill them if she wishes.
Hotshot Laspistol: This Hotshot laspistol, or hellpistol, is a supercharged version of the standard laspistol. It gives Alexia a lightweight, compact weapon useful in close quarters.
Vox Bead: This ear and mouth piece enables Alexia to communicate with the ships crew and intercom with ease.

Abilities
Experienced Spacer: Alexia is an experience spacer, knowing most of the ins and outs of Imperial Warships, the environs of space, and space tactics. She is also particular agile and nimble in shipboard environments, being used to the cramped and mechanical confines of starships.
Crew Loyalty: The crew of the ship Alexia serves on is particularly loyal to her and she is able to make them work at their best through a mixture of fear, respect and trust.
Aggressive Tactician: Alexia is a highly aggressive attacker and officer, translating into an intensity and stanima in combat situations that drives the ship an those around her to fight even harder. She is also a skilled space tactician, able to think in 3 dimensions instead of just 2 exceptionally well.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

Urbanzorro

@Sanai: Character Approved
@Everyone: I'll be posting up the game thread shortly (once I'm done writing up the intro) I'll also be sending PMs to everyone so they know it's up. :D

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

LordLuck

Great, Zorro!

Will be most eagerly waiting. Just passing by to demonstrate my deep interest in it!  ;D
Mourning.

Tamhansen

cool. I've redone the char in here as well, as discussed. Kinda forgot.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.