D&D 3.5: Dungeon of the Demented Dungeon Mistress

Started by Natalie C. Barney, May 05, 2006, 11:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natalie C. Barney

I've decide as of now no Prestige Classes will be available at all. Its not to be mean its just less I have to worry about.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Purple

Quote from: Ellyssa on May 11, 2006, 01:32:35 PM
Nah, we don't need toys, we just use theirs. :) And oops! to the hair.. umm.. it's amethyst.. you can have an amethyst sword? :)

That's a kind of purple. :)  Any purple is wonderful.  :)  I actually have lots of amethyst around my house...go figure.  :)  I'm a spelunker, hobby geologist and I love purple...  :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Zaer Darkwail

I would strongly disagree, some classes may be, well, colorless and some cases weaker whitout anysort of PrC available. But I can understand if you want limit them stirctly to core + racial paragon classes, but I could provide full info of the Knight Protector PrC if that is the case. Examples of plain classes which would be weaker whitout PrC are examply sorcerrors, a plain pure sorcerror is weaker than wizard of similar level in many ways (if we use strictly core one). Paladins do nto get anything special after 10lvl and many would multiclass by then or earlier.

DMG provides many PrC which do not need stirct training to become a one, examply Mystic Theurge I have hard time to imagine to specifically 'train' to be Mystic Theurge. The virtue of multiclassing alone is enough to qualify for the class. Archmage is good PrC for sorcerrors and Dragon Dicipline also (I asume there are dragons in the Maze what wanna be Dragon Dicipline can study).

Yoou could rule that we must provide any non-core PrC either a link or PM full details of the PrC for approval and no one cannot take more than one PrC examply.

Ellyssa

Quote from: Purple on May 11, 2006, 02:10:37 PM
That's a kind of purple. :)  Any purple is wonderful.  :)  I actually have lots of amethyst around my house...go figure.  :)  I'm a spelunker, hobby geologist and I love purple...  :)

Nice, I like! :) Explains the name, then, hehe!

Purple

You should see me email and msn/yahoo addys then.   ;D

The only color better than purple is Cardinal red.

St. Louis Cardinals!  woot!  Kicking butt!  Yeah!  :)  Sorry, I get a little carried away...we've won our last two...  :)
There's something very sexy about being submissive. Because your guard is down, you have to totally surrender to something like that. --Eva Longoria

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 11, 2006, 02:15:05 PM
I would strongly disagree, some classes may be, well, colorless and some cases weaker whitout anysort of PrC available. But I can understand if you want limit them stirctly to core + racial paragon classes, but I could provide full info of the Knight Protector PrC if that is the case. Examples of plain classes which would be weaker whitout PrC are examply sorcerrors, a plain pure sorcerror is weaker than wizard of similar level in many ways (if we use strictly core one). Paladins do nto get anything special after 10lvl and many would multiclass by then or earlier.

DMG provides many PrC which do not need stirct training to become a one, examply Mystic Theurge I have hard time to imagine to specifically 'train' to be Mystic Theurge. The virtue of multiclassing alone is enough to qualify for the class. Archmage is good PrC for sorcerrors and Dragon Dicipline also (I asume there are dragons in the Maze what wanna be Dragon Dicipline can study).

Yoou could rule that we must provide any non-core PrC either a link or PM full details of the PrC for approval and no one cannot take more than one PrC examply.

PrC are OPTIONAL I don't have to allow any at all. I already gave and gave a magic item to everyone you were going to get one when you entered the dungeon proper anyway, after the Maze. And in my game Sorcerors have advantages some monsters are smart enough to go after a Wizards spellbooks in the field and that does not mean theft an orc might Great Axe the backpack with the book in it. A sorceror doesn't have to worry about that.

I'll consider allowing a PrC option for now.

Oh please post in the Mandatory OOC thread in the game location I put one up.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Darthninja

So are there any openings left, and how exactly does one join a game here?
"The Force is strong with this one."

- Darth Vader

Natalie C. Barney

We can fit in one more, go to the link previously for the game sheet site use the 32 point buy OR roll 4d6 (drop lowest and place where you want) you can reroll one stat if you want but MUST keep the roll. [Check with me first.]

Roll at invisiblecastle.com if you want to do that.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Ellyssa

And to join a game, you just do what you did.. state interest. Privately or publically in a thread alike. Doesn't always work out, but the GMs won't know if you don't try. Harder to join the games that have already started for a long time though, but then again they're not always closed either. :)

Darthninja

Okay.  Will do.  Quick question though.  In the beginning I saw something about playing a race that's LA +3.  Does that mean that if I play a Human I can be 4rth level, since that would balance out a LA +3 character?

- Darth Vader

Ellyssa

In this particular thread? Sorry, where? I could well have missed it though, a bit feather-brained, but didn't see. :) I think she's only allowing standard races/classes for the most part, and all at level 1. So we need to bully some goblins first. :)

(But in answer to your question, it means a level 1 of a LA+3 race is equiv to a level 4 human, yup.)

Purple

I think Ellyssa is correct, I don't remember seeing that for this game.  *hugs Darthninja*

Darthninja

Eh.  Different game.  I'm still used to RPOL.  Stupid server problem-thiny they were having. 

- Darth Vader