Justice Heroes (Young Justice/Justice League Inspired RP) - Open!

Started by BruceTheCat, March 03, 2016, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norwegian One

Quote from: Gilgameshian on March 04, 2016, 03:26:11 PM
So here's my idea for a guy, let me know what everyone thinks of him.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Echo
Eric Alsbright

Origin Story: Eric was born to the illustrious Alsbright family that had gone from near rags to riches with a blend of criminal activity and savvy business in the city of Gotham. Being raised by parents who wore the mask of kindness to hide their ruthless tactics was taxing to say the least. He was given all of the best tutors that money could feasibly buy for them. Mercenaries were hired both to guard their interests and to teach Eric how to fight and handle situations. Perhaps the greatest of these mentors was Deathstroke himself. Eric quickly took to the man's harsh but effective teaching methods. Faster than was even expected as a matter of fact. This was, as they later discovered, that Eric was in fact superhuman.

This gift led him to learn incredibly fast and surpass most of his tutors in no time flat. He spent a fair bit of time as Deathstroke's protege as he did various missions for the family. This led him to walk the streets under a pseudonym, Titan, as he fought the various other gangs who tried to encroach on family territory as well as taking care of some more vicious missions. He minimized actual deaths but he saw the value in sending a message with occasionally rough methods. A broken leg today might save a few lives the next. This time gave him both practical experience and his pragmatic view of the world. Before going to finish his schooling he was given a single parting gift from his parents. A version of the serum that had made Deathstroke stronger, faster, and more durable.

His other life was lived in a rather illustrious private school where he learned all of his practical skills. While his natural talent for learning was potent he was still not as gifted with traditional learning as he was with more physical training. It was in the Academy he met his greatest academic rival. Zoe Wayne, daughter of the man that had caused his family such trouble even if he didn't know it, was a constant thorn in his side though sometimes it wasn't so bad. They had a long standing rivalry over grades and extracurricular activities. However they lost touch when they both graduated.

Instead of moving to Gotham he took up residence elsewhere to learn from anyone and anything he can. He discovered that he didn't long for the life of crime his parents had offered him. Instead he decided that someone needed to step up and keep the streets clean like Batman had for Gotham. So he took up the mantle of Echo. The streets of his city became much cleaner and, eventually, his work was noticed on a greater scale. He was offered a position in the newest division of the Justice League. Echo decided to take them up on the offer.

Home City: Gotham

Civilian Appearance/Style Description: Generally speaking when he's not fighting crime he wears mostly clothes that mark him as well off with collared shirts and khaki pants being the typical attire. He's been known to wear a simple shirt and jeans but only when he expects to be doing some sort of heavy work like moving or is otherwise completely relaxed and at ease. Usually a well made black jacket isn't too far from him at any given time either.

While some focus on appearance he's never given it much mind and he vaguely follows modern fashion trends more out of habit from his parents constant urging for him to look his best rather than out of any personal desire to be fashionable. He does, however, keep a single ring on his hand inset with an emerald stone given to him from his mother in one of her nicer spells.

Costume Description: Echo's armor looks remarkably similar to what Deathstroke wears if not in durability and strength then certainly in design. While he took upon himself to technologically enhance some of the armors abilities it still isn't made of promethium. The silver eyes, instead of Deathstroke's single red, is a set of lens that provides him with a HUD that can tap into nearby networks to provide security footage, hack some networks, and provide useful scans like infrared viewing to find heat signatures. His trusted sword sits on his back and that is actually made of promethium like Deathstroke's though it took a great deal of persuasion to get his hands on it.

Personality: Eric is a confident and collected individual. Trained by one of the best he is capable of remaining levelheaded in most scenarios when others might crack. He carries himself with purpose and speaks with a tone that demands at least a level of respect. That said he does not particularly enjoy being the leader though he is capable of doing so. He was used to working alone and while he has no issues working with a team it is still an adjustment that he is in the process of making. In a casual setting he is certainly more friendly and, perhaps, surprisingly jovial for a man who spent his young life watching crime and horrible acts flourish his parents empire.

Powers/Weapons:

-Photographic Reflexes/Eidetic Memory: Eric is capable of duplicating any physical action of which he is capable after seeing it only once or twice. His ability to read his foes in combat is nothing to scoff at making him a difficult foe to fight in hand to hand or even gun based combat. His memory also allows him to recall small details even after seeing it only in passing should the urge arise. Combined this has allowed him to not only excel in his education but also allowed him to nigh on master a high number of martial arts in short order.

-Deathstroke Serum: Eric was given a similar, albeit weaker, version of the serum that enhanced Deathstroke into the man he is. This serum grants Eric slight super strength, enhanced agility and speed, as well as allowing him to process information at an even more rapid pace than before. On top of that he has a healing factor that can regenerate whole limbs though doing so requires time and generally isn't suited to mid-battle limb recovery.

-Promethium Sword (and his collection of other weapons): This blade is incredibly sharp and made of a metal that doesn't shatter unless Superman starts getting involved. That said, it's still just a long sword that's really good at cutting and not breaking. Besides the sword he has a decently sized armory of guns, blades, and other weapons he's practiced with.

-Technological Mind: By virtue of his Eidetic Memory and enhanced mental acuity from the Serum Eric has gained a certain level of tech knowledge that allows him to craft gadgets give the time and resources. He's no Wayne R&D technician but he can make quite a few helpful gadgets himself like his armor's HUD, tracking chips, and other little things.

Weakness:

-Serum Side Effects: Much like Deathstroke the serum does activate some of the more unpleasant sides of the mind. In times of great duress and/or physical pain Eric will slip into a berserker rage that allows him no room to think only to attack.

-Fundamentally Human: Even with his mind, skill, and serum he's mostly just a man. If some truly powered individual with super strength hits him he's probably going to be in a bad place. He relies on his mind to try and overcome threats but can be easily overpowered.

-Criminal Past: Eric isn't exactly proud of where he has come from. He still remembers pulling jobs with Deathstroke where people died and he did nothing to stop it. He helped his parents reach the height of crime that they have without a word. He still hasn't made a move to topple their empire though he knows he should. Bringing this up either results in shame, if a friend or ally mentions it, or rage, if a foe repeatedly attacks him on it.

-Magic: Eric doesn't know the first thing about magic or how it works. His mind is wired to understand the entirely logical and, as of yet, he has had no real connection to magic. With that in mind he finds it difficult to think tactically in situations in which magic is involved.[/spoiler
I'd say that this is a nice character, though also quite powerful for a starting character :) that might just be me; though. Maybe have him acquire some of the gear, like the serum and sword, over the course of the RP?
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Gilgameshian

I thought along the same lines too but I felt that it suited his backstory to have those things. He has the money and resources to be sure and he has the man himself as a mentor.

The way I tried to balance it, though, is the idea that he is only really good for one on one or some small scale combat. He can maybe mow down a legion of mooks but other than that he's going to have to take someone on head to head while others can provide more area of effect based powers that can handle a wider scope of threat than he ever could.

Having said that if the consensus says he's got too much I'm not opposed to changing it.

Oh, and an updated roster of sorts: 4 Women, 2 Men

RedPhoenix - Snake Scientist Hippie (Medusa Based Powers, sans turning you to stone literally)
Rel Mayer - Wayne Heir (Magic Based Power)
Foxy Oni - Confident Heroine (Time Based Power)
Norwegian One - Scientist (Atmosphere/Density Based Powers)
Gil - Vigilante (Physical Prowess Based Powers)
Life in Color - Battle Medic (Lifeforce Based Powers)
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

BruceTheCat

I'm alright with it Gilgamesh. The only thing that made me worry a bit was his ability to learn other people's combat maneuvers on the fly through his memory. But I just interpret that as "Just because you can learn them doesn't mean you can beat them". Both Deathstroke, Joker and Batman would still be out of his class fighting wise.

Unless you disagree? This was my interpretation.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Gilgameshian

He can copy their styles, certainly, but, in order:

Joker is simply too mad to copy entirely. Sanity is not included.
Batman/Deathstroke are all leaps and bounds more experienced and smart than him. He might be able to fight them in a plain mindless void but they have the genius to tactically outwit him so he loses handily. He's still learning the tactical part of the skillset (thus why tactics wasn't in his powers).

If that makes sense. I based the power on Marvel's Taskmaster. He can win if you fight him long enough but most people better than him won't let it get to that point.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Norwegian One

Now I am starting to worry that my character might be underpowered :P But he will get stronger when his powers begin to develop further
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

BruceTheCat

I don't think it will be an issue Norwegian. I do a lot to balance everyone's power in my GM combat posts.
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Red Lobster on March 04, 2016, 04:34:04 PM
I don't think it will be an issue Norwegian. I do a lot to balance everyone's power in my GM combat posts.

Truth.

Red is pretty awesome at making sure combat GM posts play to our strengths and weaknesses, while still having people stay balanced!

Norwegian One

Yeah, and anyway my character will start off being pretty much a support fighter :)

Foxy DeVille

Mine's not very powerful at the mo either but I already got nifty ideas on what she'll be capable of as she develops.

Norwegian One

Very much true :) I guess I'm just a little wary from other team roleplays I've done, where some players treat it as their personal character showcase, rather than working as a team :) I have high hopes for this RP, though, under Red's management :)

Quote from: Rel Mayer on March 04, 2016, 12:01:49 PM
Nice goatee, NO. ;P I wonder where you got that inspiration from.

That is a secret ;)

Deathnote

Screw it.  Posting the character sheet for now.

Superboy
Jonathan 'Jon' Kent II

Origin Story:
The son (or possibly daughter) of Conner Kent (AKA Con-El) and M'gann M'orzz (AKA Megan Morse) and named after Clark Kent's foster father, Jonathan Kent.  Apparently, he was born as a pool of writhing white plasma before reforming into a normal-looking baby boy.  Even in his infancy, he had a bad habit of shape-shifting into different forms whether it was human or animal.  If he were born to any other set of parents, he probably would've been lost a long time ago.

Conner and Megan bought a place in Smallville and raised their child in the small town of Kansas.  Jon's favourite hobby growing up was changing into all different sorts of animals.  He was repeatedly scolded by his parents and constantly reminded about keeping his powers a secret from others.  By the time he reached his teens, he was impersonating other people for fun, including teachers and classmates.  As he grew older, his telekinetic abilities started showing up.  In spite of his bad habits, he would regularly use his powers for good, such as preventing accidents and distracting criminals from afar so that their victims could get away.

By the time Jon reached the age of sixteen, Conner had long since stopped using the name 'Superboy' and had taken up another.  Both of his parents were off helping the Justice League on another planet when Jon had his first taste of being a superhero.  An airplane was passing over Smallville when it suffered from an engine failure.  With no one else around to help, Jon shape-shifted into 'Superboy' and caught the airplane before it could crash, saving all of its passengers.  Since then, he has expressed an interest in following his parents' footsteps and becoming a superhero.  Believing that this would be good for their son (and maybe help him with his bad habits), his parents supported his decision and mentored him for the next one and a half years.

Jon would later receive an offer to join the Justice Heroes at the age of eighteen.

Home City: Smallville, Kansas (later moved to Metropolis for college)

Civilian Appearance/Style Description: T-Shirt, jeans, and sneakers.  Sometimes he'll throw on a leather jacket.

Costume Description: Based on one of the costumes his father once wore.  Sometimes, he'll shape-shift into his white martian form.

Personality: Normally an easy-going person with a carefree and lackadaisical attitude and approach to things.  Jon also has a bit of a temper, which has gotten him into trouble more than once before.  He can be extremely stubborn and has a tendency to make reckless decisions at times.  Despite not exactly being the brightest bulb in class, he can be very perceptive and analytical to the point of practically becoming a human lie-detector.  He tries his best to be friendly and approachable to others, though it's obvious he's not very good at it.  He also displays great loyalty to his friends and family.

Powers/Weapons:

Telekinesis: Inherited telekinetic powers from both of his parents.  This ability also grants him super flight (approx. 100 mph).

Shape-Shifting: Has inherited the martian ability to shape-shift into any person or any animal of his choosing.  He has also accessed a White Martian form once in the past by complete accident and has yet to figure out how to do so on command.

Weakness:

Kryptonite: Is greatly weakened whenever he's around kryptonite.  Unless protected by lead or any other form of protection from radiation, he will experience severe physical pain and gradually lose his powers.  Prolonged exposure may result in death.

Red Solar Radiation: Exposure to red solar radiation will cause him to lose his telekinesis, but not his shape-shifting.

Solar Energy Exhaustion: If forced to engage in strenuous physical activity for a large amount of time or is forced to perform one very difficult task without continuous solar energy absorption, he will end up expending all of his stored solar energy.  Due to his young age, he is also less able to process the appropriate amount of solar energy as fast as a fully-grown Kryptonian.  As a result, overtaxing his powers to the point of physical depletion would spell his death, as his body would literally begin to feed on itself, unable to absorb solar energy fast enough to restore itself.

Fire: While he does not appear to have inherited the martians' fear of fire, he's still vulnerable.  Prolonged exposure to fire may interfere with his telekinesis and shape-shifting and cause him to "melt down" into a pool of writhing white plasma.

Identity Issues: Born with the martian ability to shape-shift, Jon has been using this power since day one.  As a kid, he'd regularly have fun changing into all types of animals and impersonating other people.  Up until his late teens, he's probably spent more time looking like other people than using his 'default' human form.  As a result, he has absolutely no idea what he's really supposed to look like.  He identifies as male, but couldn't be a hundred percent sure he actually is (he does know for sure, however, that he's only into women).  He's not even sure if he's supposed to look human or look martian or some combination in between.  The only reason why he's the splitting image of his father is because that's his best guess as to what his 'true form' probably looks like.

Impersonation: Has a bad habit of impersonating others without their express permission.  He's working on it.

Short-tempered: Has a bit of a short fuse and prone to flying off the handle.  This has led to him once nearly killing one of the more sociopathic villains during his youth.  Though he has learned quite a bit of self-control since then, his emotions will still get him into trouble every now and then.

BruceTheCat

Hey Deathnote!

I read through your character sheet. I like the concept, but I think he is too powerful right now. Given that he has the abilities of both a Martain and Superman from the get-go.

I would recommend pulling all of one or the other out of the sheet for now. Maybe he has not yet been able to tap in to his Kryptonian powers, or his Martian powers. Just those by themselves (one or the other) are extremely powerful.
- scribus1000

Deathnote

What if I downgraded his telepathy so that he has to physically touch someone to read their mind and had his super physical abilities be an application of tactile-telekinesis combined with shape-shifting?

BruceTheCat

It would still be a no sadly. I would be more comfortable with it if you were to dramatically de-buff his shape shifting abilities. Perhaps to say that right now he can only turn in to monsters, or change physical appearance. As I see it, here is the list of his powers:

Super Strengh
Super Speed
Super Reflexes
Invulnerability
Flight
Telekinesis
Mind Reading
Mimic People
Increase Size
Elongation
Alter Form (to turn in to monsters, or give himself additional limbs)
Alter Chemical Composition

Comparing him to other PC characters I would say you would be able to have 4-5 of these at max at character creation. To be clear, that doesn't mean you can't get them later! It just means you will have to train up and earn them through Main Story thread victories.
- scribus1000

Praxis

** Pending Approval **

Zero
Timothy Rayne

Origin Story: Tim Rayne was a high school history teacher and was what one could call a “normal” guy.  He spent a little too much time watching old episodes of Farscape and not enough time jogging. But this was indeed what normal people did; yes?

Even his wife getting diagnosed with cancer when she was thirty was unfortunately what one considered to be normal these days however upon receiving word on how advanced it was and that she only had six months to live; Tim took it upon himself to take a less normal approach.  Bills kept collecting and stayed unpaid due to him being denied loans from local financial institutions (Hey things are tough for everyone these days right?), and more conventional treatments were proving ineffective.  Advice offered by friends and other people from support groups wasn’t working.  He left countless messages on internet message boards that were focused on alternative forms of treatment; both legal and…not so much.

He and his wife were on month “four” of six and it seemed like the physician’s initial assessment was wrong.  Six months seemed generous now as his wife’s health was deteriorating rapidly and both Tim and his wife began making plans for the inevitable.  It was four in the morning when he received an email from an anonymous sender.

“At 13:00 today go to the corner of Racine and Fifth.
You will find a convenience store there.
Buy the third Pay as You Go Metro! Phone from the back of the rack.
Proceed one block west and enter the coffee shop there.
Sit in the booth in the north-west corner.
Wait for the call.
It will save your wife.”

Suffice to say; after a great deal of researching and coming up with nothing in the short time he had to do so; he was waiting in booth as directed.

The call he received that day set him on an unexpected path.

A path that led to his recruitment by an “off the books” division of S.T.A.R. Labs in Salt Lake City that specialized in advanced physics.  He learned that CERN was not the only organization with an enormous hadron collider and there; so that his wife could receive the treatment she needed; he became Test Case Zero. 

Tim was experimented on repeatedly over a period of two years and when not being injected or exposed to all manner of energy and particle exposure he was being trained in hand to hand combat and firearms.

The health of Tim’s wife made an immediate improvement after one week of treatment.  S.T.A.R. Labs – Utah paid Tim’s outstanding bills and while he didn’t get to see his wife as much as he liked; he understood that this was the price to be paid for his wife’s life.

It was in his third year at S.T.A.R. Labs – Utah when his powers began to manifest.

In his fourth year he was learning just what he could do with his new found powers.

In his fifth year he was beginning to combine the physical training he had received since coming to the labs with his powers.

It was on his thirty-fourth birthday when S.T.A.R. Labs came to him with his first…what they called a mission of great importance.

He was brought into a room and told to “gear up accordingly” only to then have a monitor on the wall flicker on.  He could see a scene on the monitor that depicted a man and a woman asleep in bed.  The view was distorted some, as though he was viewing the scene through some manner of miniaturized camera but he could indeed make out that it was someone’s bedroom.

The ear bud he had inserted activated with a song tone…

“Zero.  Take the package from the table.  Then focus.  Relocate to the scene on the monitor.  When there...arm the package.  You will have two minutes to exfiltrate to a distance of one hundred meters.  Resistance should be expected if you are seen.  Do not engage.  Exfiltrate and relocate.  Remember your training.”

“Remote relocation” was something he had been working on for the last six months.  It was not easy.  Often it made his nose and ears bleed and that was pleasant compared to the headaches afterwards.

“Zero.  Remember your training.”

It took longer than he would have preferred but one moment he was in the room in S.T.A.R. Labs – Utah and the next he was in the bedroom he had been viewing in the monitor.  Things felt…wrong however.  There was the few moments of nausea as expected and the disorientation that came along with it but when he finally had cleared his head and stood over the bed he had been viewing earlier.  He understood why things felt wrong.  The couple he had been watching was the President of the United States and a woman that was certainly not the First Lady.

“Zero.  Remember your training.” , came the calm voice in his ear.  “Arm the package.  Exfiltrate and relocate.”

Tim shook his head slightly.

“Zero.  Remember your training.”

“I didn’t train for this…” , he whispered out loud…more to himself than anyone in particular.  The President let out a growl in response; rolled to his side and turned his back on Tim.

“Zero.  Remember your training.  Remember your arrangement.”

He shook his head once more…trying to understand just what was going on when he heard another soft tone.  Looking down, he felt a chill wash through him as “the package” was now armed and rather than a two minute countdown, it looks as though it had started at ten seconds.

Because now it was at seven seconds!

Six seconds.

Tim was on the move.  Rushing out of the bedroom and into a hall where two armed and seemingly attentive men were utterly surprised to see him come charging out of the President’s bedroom.

“Get on the fucking ground!” , shouted one of them.

Five seconds.

Tim blinked out of existence and appeared further down the hall only to kick open another door and run through it even as bullets snapped through the air where he was a moment before.

Four seconds.

Tim spotted green…

Outside…

…and a moment later he was outside too…except fifteen feet in the air and rapidly falling towards the ground.  He could hear alarms.  He could hear people shouting.

Three seconds.

Tim hit the ground hard and immediately scrambled to his feet.

I’m at the fucking White House!

Two seconds.

Everywhere he looked there were people.

Except up…

One second.

Tim pushed the maximum range of his power and appeared one hundred meters in the air above the front lawn of the White House only to then throw “the package” upwards and relocated just as the detonation occurred.

One day later; Tim’s wife passed away from advanced Stage Four cancer.  It was revealed that much of her body was riddled with cancer and it was decided that maybe her miraculous cure had just been a fortunate remission and nothing more.

One day later; it was revealed that an unregistered “meta” had taken part in a despicable act of terrorism but thankfully failed in their attempt to bomb the White House.

Tim wasn’t at his wife’s funeral and there was a good deal of speculation around why he wasn’t but in the end; it was decided that his grief was too great and he simply could not be present.

Tim Rayne disappeared after that.

One year later; yet another vigilante had appeared in Gotham City; referred to as “Zero” and seemingly taking steps to stop criminals there as well as being more inquisitive than normal about S.T.A.R. Labs.

Home City: Gotham City

Civilian Appearance/Style Description:

Costume Description:

Personality: Tim isn’t afraid to make with the snappy patter when he’s nervous.  He’s focused and fully engaged with training and the mastering of his power but he is clearly not dealing with what he had gone through in the past and simply burying it within.  Tim doesn’t like talking about his past.  He feels as though he was naieve and the guilt over feeling responsible for his wife’s death makes him quick to deflect personal questions sent his way.

Powers: Teleportation – Tim can move himself and up to two hundred additional pounds up to 100 meters in any direction he has line of sight to.  He needs roughly 1 second between teleportation attempts to “recharge” but straining to greater distances beyond 100 meters or carrying more than just himself along with him can result in greater exhaustion and leave him drained for an extended period. Each instance of teleportation does tire him.  He can currently “rapid-fire” teleport fifteen times over a stretch of fifteen to twenty seconds and that will leaving him breathing heavily and in need of a rest for two to three minutes.  Newton’s First Law of Motion still governs Tim and his power.  If he is running and leaps into the air, only to the teleport; upon appearing again he will maintain that momentum.  If Tim is falling, he can indeed teleport out of that fall but depending on how far he has fallen; he will maintain that momentum and downward force upon reappearing elsewhere.  Psychologically Tim still relies from time to time on a physical stimulus for his teleportation.  Example:  At times; when under stress if Tim was on a rooftop of a building and needed to teleport to another rooftop; he would need to sprint towards the edge and jump…only to then reappear on the other rooftop.  This physical stimulus is NOT needed and is indeed something he must overcome.  After a teleport and upon reappearing there is a minor shockwave that accompanies this reappearance.  Not a shockwave of a physical nature but more; a wave of silence that radiates out from him; silencing all noise for a second as it moves outward from him until it dissipates at a 15 meter radius from Tim.

Remote Relocation – With focus and under the right circumstances; Tim can use a remote video feed to act as guidance for his teleportation.  This can allow him to teleport far…far beyond what his normal range currently is.

Firearm Training – Tim is proficient with side-arms and rifles of the automatic and semi-automatic variety.  To call himself a crack shot would be quite generous.  He is capable but still has a good deal of expertise to acquire.  He is growing more competent at combining his teleportation whilst firing his sidearms.

Hand to Hand Combat Training – Tim has spent five years learning jiu jitsu as well as krav maga.  Much as his skill with firearms; he is a capable combatant but certainly not an expert and has a good deal to learn.  He is growing more competent at combining his teleportation whilst using hand to hand attacks.

Weapons: Tim wields a pair of experimental .45 calibre ceramic pistols that will accept a number of modified rounds.  Upon fleeing S.T.A.R. Labs he has had to resort to simply regular ammunition but he is hoping to come up with a way to expand his arsenal.

Equipment: Tim’s costume was developed by S.T.A.R. Labs and acts as a form of body armor and is effective against knifes and small calibre ammunition.

Tim has a pair of goggles that allow him to see in infrared and low light conditions.

Weakness: As a result of the experimentation done on Tim he needs to consume double the normal human average of fluids everyday; lest he begin to dehydrate and grow ill.  Once every five days he needs to spend twelve hours breathing it nothing other than pure helium.  Failing to do this causes a painful deterioration in Tim over time and after having missed his treatment for three days; he will slip into a coma and experience complete system failure a day or so after.

indarkestknight

An idea, Deathnote. He already has pretty significant weaknesses, but if you wanted to add another power to the cap... Since Superboy's a quarter Kryptonian and half Martian, maybe he's only able to use one power at a time? Can't use super-strength while shapeshifted, can't fly while using telepathy, etc, ala Ultra Boy from the Legion of Super Heroes.

Alternately, maybe he can only use his Kryptonian powers or his Martian powers at any given time, but not both simultaneously?

BruceTheCat

Approved Praxis! Awesome character, you might have said this but I assume he has to have line of sight on where he is going? Or maybe doesn't HAVE to, but certainly prefers it.
- scribus1000

Deathnote

Quote from: Red Lobster on March 04, 2016, 08:38:42 PM
It would still be a no sadly. I would be more comfortable with it if you were to dramatically de-buff his shape shifting abilities. Perhaps to say that right now he can only turn in to monsters, or change physical appearance. As I see it, here is the list of his powers:

Super Strengh
Super Speed
Super Reflexes
Invulnerability
Flight
Telekinesis
Mind Reading
Mimic People
Increase Size
Elongation
Alter Form (to turn in to monsters, or give himself additional limbs)
Alter Chemical Composition

Comparing him to other PC characters I would say you would be able to have 4-5 of these at max at character creation. To be clear, that doesn't mean you can't get them later! It just means you will have to train up and earn them through Main Story thread victories.

Telekinesis:
- Super Strength (faked using telekinesis... unless telekinesis alone only lets him move small objects, in which case, I guess he can't fake it after all)
- Invulnerability
- Flight (how fast would he be allowed to fly?  15 mph?)
Mimic People
Alter Form (to turn into animals or monsters no larger than a grizzly bear and no smaller than a squirrel)

Should I take away his Kryptonian weaknesses or do they have to stay to keep the above power set?

Actually, scratch that.  Is there any way I can have a power-set that lets me:
a) mimic people and animals
b) catch up to an airplane
c) save said airplane from crashing
d) survive a punch from a villain with super strength

Lustful Bride

Okay, got my character out, hope its good :-)

The Hawk

The Hawk.
Caroline M'ka Becker.

Origin Story: Caroline Becker was originally approached by none other than HawkGirl after doing some initial solo heroing out over in Kentucky, beating up minor thieves and criminals and dropping them off over at the police station, sometimes literally. She was the product of a Thanagarian father and a Human mother. Her father was a deserter from his homeland, tired of the fighting and wanting to find a place to settle down and live in peace. It just so happened to be Earth that he chose. Eventually marrying a Veterinarian from a small town they had two Children together. Caroline and her little sister Gretchen. With Hawkgirl and Hawkman as the only other Thanagarians like herself to see as role models it was only natural that she would want to be a hero like them.

There were lots of arguments back home, till her father eventually relented (while her mother was ecstatic that her daughter wanted to do something productive with her life). And eventually she ended up becoming a professional hero...well Amateur Hero.

Home City: None, was a freelance hero until being picked up by Hawkgirl.

Civilian Appearance/Style Description: When not out doing her superheroine thing, Carol will remove her wig and go about in any clothes that fit her mood of the day. Though she always wears jackets and coats, just in case she has need to pull her wings out and then hide them quickly. She usually prefers 5.11 Jackets because of how big they are and all the extra pockets to hide her stuff in. She actually dressed better and more appropriately while in civilian mode than in her superheroine persona.

Costume Description: Carol carries with her a leather Bomber's jacket with holes cut in it for her wings, a pair of gloves with Nth metal plates at the knuckles. She also wears a pair of goggles over her eyes along with a white haired wig she uses to help hide her identity.

Personality: Carol tries as hard as she can to be all cool and badass and look tough around others, but deep down she is a big softie. (much as she denies it) Despite her 'too good for you' act at times she really wants to have friends, and wont admit it, but she is a mega nerd. (She knows every Star Wars movie by heart.) Carol loves her mother, father, and little sister. When in the presence of her mother she is completely submissive to the point of even going to her room if told to. She also has a bad habit of letting out the occasional smart ass comment even when she doesn't mean to, sometimes talking without even thinking.

Powers/Weapons:Nth Metal Gauntlets.: well they are more like gloves with metal knuckles at the end. Created out of one of her Father’s spare weapons (Since no Thanagarian should be without their Nth weapon) She carried them into battle and uses them like Brass knuckles, they carry with them the attributes of Nth Metal

-Flight: As a Thanaga

-Extra breath: As part of her ability to fly, Caroline can hold more air in her lungs than a normal human. While not Olympic level she can hodl her breath for about 4 full minutes. 5 mins, 30secs. If she really tries hard.)

Weakness:[/b]-Higher Altitudes: Carol cannot fly as high as some planes, the cold will cause her joints to ache and go numb, making flapping her wings difficult. The Lack of Oxygen will also affect her flying abilities.

-Her Inner Ear: If she is hit with a sound weapon or struck on the ears/discombobulated she will be unable to fly. For if she does she will suffer a severe case of vertigo and either crash or vomit all over herself.

-Weak on the inside: Should a civilian ever be in danger or held as a hostage they will be the sole focus of Carol's attention and she will be the first to raise her hands in submission to avoid the civilian being harmed by the villain. But they better hope she doesn't get her hands on them after the civie is safe, for she has a tendency to go full 'Mama Bear'.

-Terrified of scary Eldritch monsters.: Despite her Nth Metal probably being able to knock Cthulhu's teeth out, Caroline has a big fear of things not from this dimension and if encountering them alone might end up running. Aliens are one thing, Eldritch abominations are another.

Also found this cool Image of Captain Marvel if anyone wants it.  XD
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Rel Mayer

BruceTheCat

Quote from: Deathnote on March 04, 2016, 10:10:19 PM
Telekinesis:
- Super Strength (faked using telekinesis... unless telekinesis alone only lets him move small objects, in which case, I guess he can't fake it after all)
- Invulnerability
- Flight (how fast would he be allowed to fly?  15 mph?)
Mimic People
Alter Form (to turn into animals or monsters no larger than a grizzly bear and no smaller than a squirrel)

Should I take away his Kryptonian weaknesses or do they have to stay to keep the above power set?

Actually, scratch that.  Is there any way I can have a power-set that lets me:
a) mimic people and animals
b) catch up to an airplane
c) save said airplane from crashing
d) survive a punch from a villain with super strength

Go ahead and keep the Weakness to Kryptonite, Deathnote. He is still a Kryptonian after all, and it helps to balance the power-set. I am fine with the 4 powers you listed, which are essentially Super Strength, Super Flight, Mimic and Shapeshift.

@Everyone, discussing the sheet here with Deathnote has actually brought something to my attention that I want to clear up with everyone. Several people have marked being "a normal human" on their character sheet as a Weakness. I am fine with you leaving this on your sheet but understand that I do not consider this an actual Weakness. Nor did I mentally mark it as such when reading through your sheet. Most superhero's are "physically" just regular humans. Though they may have big, grand superpowers or extreme skill, most would die by taking a direct bullet shot to the face. Or (realistically) if they were punched by someone with Super Strength it would shatter their body.

This does not happen though to villain's or heroes by venture of the fact that they are Heroes and Villains. It is a comic book or cartoon after all. If a regular henchman took a punch to the chest from Superman, or a super sonic tackle from The Flash, they just get knocked out. This is what will *usually* be the case in most battles with everyone. This is so that we can let people use things like guns and swords and their full power-set without fear that they are going to be killing people left and right. Unless a villain is intentionally trying to murder you, instead of just defeat you, everything will be pretty much non-lethal. I do not want the fear of killing people to distract everyone from combat encounters.

All of that being said, I'll just restate my original point. Being human is not going to be a Weakness. Someone with Invulnerability can just ignore bullets and most melee attacks to a point (depending on the degree of Invulnerability), but that is not the norm. Something that negates your powers is a Weakness, or something that is "Super Effective" Pokemon style on you is a Weakness. For instance RedPhoenix's character sheet states that she is weak against Cold attacks, which means she would be at a large disadvantage anytime she fights a person of equal power to her with Cold type powers. Similarly, Rel and Foxy do not have "regular humans" as a Weakness, but I assume that they are and are therefore vulnerable to opponents trying to kill them through normal lethal means.

I hope that clears things up for everyone!
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

The OOC Section and Character Sheets thread are up! Please post your character sheet if approved and pop in to the OOC to say hi!

OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=346.0

Character Sheets - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245392.0
- scribus1000

Praxis

Quote from: Red Lobster on March 04, 2016, 09:29:19 PM
Approved Praxis! Awesome character, you might have said this but I assume he has to have line of sight on where he is going? Or maybe doesn't HAVE to, but certainly prefers it.

Thanks man.  Maybe if he survives and "powers up"  he won't need line of sight.  Something to work towards.  :)

Lustful Bride