Justice Heroes (Young Justice/Justice League Inspired RP) - Open!

Started by BruceTheCat, March 03, 2016, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

Wow.

Impressive original characters so far.

I'm thinking of a ... "teleporter"?

Beyond that...fairly normal guy.

Maybe...maybe government-trained experiment gone awry but I need to chew on it for another few hours.

Norwegian One

Quote from: Gilgameshian on March 04, 2016, 11:21:12 AM
Norwegian One - Scientist Weather Man

I object to this characterisation!  >:(

Hehe, just kidding :P Though gravity is not really a weather condition ;D
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Gilgameshian

That's what happens when I skim to try and get the overview without going in depth. Not saying I was distracted by the picture of Jessica Alba doing a lovely dance but I totally was.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

BruceTheCat

I'm happy to see a bunch of interest! I look forward to seeing your sheets and playing with you guys.

Your sheet looks great Norwegian! Can you just answer one question for me? I understand the density power pretty well, but could you provide some examples of how your character may use the atmospheric changed ability? I just want to get a feel for how strong it is.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Norwegian One

Thanks Red Lobster :) At its most basic, his power increases or decreases the effective density of mass in the target object or creature, making them more or less susceptible to the gravity of planet Earth. In the beginning, he will not be able to change the density by much, thus he won't be able to change the weight of an object by much. So, I guess he will start off as a kind of buff/debuff character, hampering opponents and aiding allies. For example, he could make an enemy or their weapon heavier, making it harder for them to fight effectively, or lighten an ally, making them less constrained by gravity, enabling them to move faster, jump higher, etc.

Eventually, his powers might develop, though, to where he could potentially make things weightless or crush them to the ground with gravity :)
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

BruceTheCat

Kind of like that Lieutenant in Bleach, if you've ever seen that.

Approved!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Norwegian One

That might have been one of my several inspiration sources ;D Though Atmosphere doesn't need to touch the object to affect them :P

Rel Mayer

Nice goatee, NO. ;P I wonder where you got that inspiration from.

Aiden

Potential interest as a speedster, I don't follow the comics but I watch the show The Flash and that is about all the knowledge (besides some Batman stuff) about the DC universe.

Since I most likely have no way to be the son of the Joker, cuz evil and all.  XD

BruceTheCat

Sounds great Aiden! Fair warning I may be playing a Speedster as well
- scribus1000

Aiden

I like the idea of playing the new guy or at least recently discovering said powers. Unless that is what you are considering for your guy. Since I have the least amount of DC knowledge (assuming I am the newb), I will ease into it. I got mad Wiki powers through and already looking up what is possible with the speed force.

If it is plausible, character with some minor charges for petty theft, hustling and pick pocketing then gets powers. Then is given the option, jail or join the JLA (YJLA?).

(I admit I am a big fan of Captain Cold in that show Legends of Tomorrow, so I kinda want both. Flash Powers + Snark personality)

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Praxis

Quote from: Aiden on March 04, 2016, 12:17:50 PM

(I admit I am a big fan of Captain Cold in that show Legends of Tomorrow, so I kinda want both. Flash Powers + Snark personality)

That show doubles down so emphatically and unapologetically on typical comic book dialogue...while some might think it's stupid, I think it's unflinching commitment to simplicity is marvellous.

Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold is killing it.  Yeah...it's comical but fuck me if I'm not enjoying it.

Life in Color

I am tentatively interested in this because of all the faces I adore that are already here.

And superhero rp.... Weakness! *falls over*

I've got an idea, I just need to bend it to fit here.

Edit: I tossed you a PM with the idea, Lobster. <3

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Aiden on March 04, 2016, 12:17:50 PM
If it is plausible, character with some minor charges for petty theft, hustling and pick pocketing then gets powers. Then is given the option, jail or join the JLA (YJLA?).

(I am also a DC newb. Luckily, Red has been really awesome about educating me on simple things I should probably know.)

This idea sounds awesome! I think that there is always a fun dynamic with a character forced to do "good" work for a community in hopes that he will eventually follow the good guys, rather than the bad guys.

(Also, gives me an excuse to have yet another character to betray your character with, if he ever does anything wrong. Since Zoe is a do-gooder.) -whistles- -innocent face-

indarkestknight

Okay, so, I've settled on a character concept! Scarab, son (maybe grandson?) of the very first Blue Beetle, Dan Garrett, sought out by... a rogue reach scarab from Earth-2. Wait, no, Earth-3. Wait, no, antimatter universe. Wait – ... you know what? Basically, whatever we're calling the Earth the Crime Syndicate comes from!

So!

Question for everyone, in terms of appearance. Which do you prefer? [1] [2]

mia h

If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Life in Color

Rel Mayer

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 04, 2016, 02:18:03 PM
I like the do-gooder/ne'er do well/heeyyyy man just chill dynamic that Zoe/Aiden's Boy/Autumn might have going....:)

This is all I can think of:

Quote from: indarkestknight on March 04, 2016, 02:23:17 PM
Okay, so, I've settled on a character concept! Scarab, son (maybe grandson?) of the very first Blue Beetle, Dan Garrett, sought out by... a rogue reach scarab from Earth-2. Wait, no, Earth-3. Wait, no, antimatter universe. Wait – ... you know what? Basically, whatever we're calling the Earth the Crime Syndicate comes from!

So!

I like full images, personally, that show off the suit and everything! You could always have him with a back-up suit that's different too, give him a bit of option of what to switch in-between. :)

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: indarkestknight on March 04, 2016, 02:23:17 PM

I like the first. It's more super-hero-y and less like Jamie Reyes and Venom had a baby.

indarkestknight

If I go red, it'll definitely be 'Scarlet Scarab', not 'Red Beetle'.  :P I'm vetoing Silver Scarab, but either the image you linked or this one are on the table, if anyone strongly prefers red to black, but personally I'm leaning more toward black.

Lothoris

How would you all feel about me throwing my hat in as a multiform character based on mythological creatures.  So he could transform into a minotaur, cyclops, merman ect ect?

Gilgameshian

So here's my idea for a guy, let me know what everyone thinks of him.

Echo
Eric Alsbright

Origin Story: Eric was born to the illustrious Alsbright family that had gone from near rags to riches with a blend of criminal activity and savvy business in the city of Gotham. Being raised by parents who wore the mask of kindness to hide their ruthless tactics was taxing to say the least. He was given all of the best tutors that money could feasibly buy for them. Mercenaries were hired both to guard their interests and to teach Eric how to fight and handle situations. Perhaps the greatest of these mentors was Deathstroke himself. Eric quickly took to the man's harsh but effective teaching methods. Faster than was even expected as a matter of fact. This was, as they later discovered, that Eric was in fact superhuman.

This gift led him to learn incredibly fast and surpass most of his tutors in no time flat. He spent a fair bit of time as Deathstroke's protege as he did various missions for the family. This led him to walk the streets under a pseudonym, Titan, as he fought the various other gangs who tried to encroach on family territory as well as taking care of some more vicious missions. He minimized actual deaths but he saw the value in sending a message with occasionally rough methods. A broken leg today might save a few lives the next. This time gave him both practical experience and his pragmatic view of the world. Before going to finish his schooling he was given a single parting gift from his parents. A version of the serum that had made Deathstroke stronger, faster, and more durable.

His other life was lived in a rather illustrious private school where he learned all of his practical skills. While his natural talent for learning was potent he was still not as gifted with traditional learning as he was with more physical training. It was in the Academy he met his greatest academic rival. Zoe Wayne, daughter of the man that had caused his family such trouble even if he didn't know it, was a constant thorn in his side though sometimes it wasn't so bad. They had a long standing rivalry over grades and extracurricular activities. However they lost touch when they both graduated.

Instead of moving to Gotham he took up residence elsewhere to learn from anyone and anything he can. He discovered that he didn't long for the life of crime his parents had offered him. Instead he decided that someone needed to step up and keep the streets clean like Batman had for Gotham. So he took up the mantle of Echo. The streets of his city became much cleaner and, eventually, his work was noticed on a greater scale. He was offered a position in the newest division of the Justice League. Echo decided to take them up on the offer.

Home City: Gotham

Civilian Appearance/Style Description: Generally speaking when he's not fighting crime he wears mostly clothes that mark him as well off with collared shirts and khaki pants being the typical attire. He's been known to wear a simple shirt and jeans but only when he expects to be doing some sort of heavy work like moving or is otherwise completely relaxed and at ease. Usually a well made black jacket isn't too far from him at any given time either.

While some focus on appearance he's never given it much mind and he vaguely follows modern fashion trends more out of habit from his parents constant urging for him to look his best rather than out of any personal desire to be fashionable. He does, however, keep a single ring on his hand inset with an emerald stone given to him from his mother in one of her nicer spells.

Costume Description: Echo's armor looks remarkably similar to what Deathstroke wears if not in durability and strength then certainly in design. While he took upon himself to technologically enhance some of the armors abilities it still isn't made of promethium. The silver eyes, instead of Deathstroke's single red, is a set of lens that provides him with a HUD that can tap into nearby networks to provide security footage, hack some networks, and provide useful scans like infrared viewing to find heat signatures. His trusted sword sits on his back and that is actually made of promethium like Deathstroke's though it took a great deal of persuasion to get his hands on it.

Personality: Eric is a confident and collected individual. Trained by one of the best he is capable of remaining levelheaded in most scenarios when others might crack. He carries himself with purpose and speaks with a tone that demands at least a level of respect. That said he does not particularly enjoy being the leader though he is capable of doing so. He was used to working alone and while he has no issues working with a team it is still an adjustment that he is in the process of making. In a casual setting he is certainly more friendly and, perhaps, surprisingly jovial for a man who spent his young life watching crime and horrible acts flourish his parents empire.

Powers/Weapons:

-Photographic Reflexes/Eidetic Memory: Eric is capable of duplicating any physical action of which he is capable after seeing it only once or twice. His ability to read his foes in combat is nothing to scoff at making him a difficult foe to fight in hand to hand or even gun based combat. His memory also allows him to recall small details even after seeing it only in passing should the urge arise. Combined this has allowed him to not only excel in his education but also allowed him to nigh on master a high number of martial arts in short order.

-Deathstroke Serum: Eric was given a similar, albeit weaker, version of the serum that enhanced Deathstroke into the man he is. This serum grants Eric slight super strength, enhanced agility and speed, as well as allowing him to process information at an even more rapid pace than before. On top of that he has a healing factor that can regenerate whole limbs though doing so requires time and generally isn't suited to mid-battle limb recovery.

-Promethium Sword (and his collection of other weapons): This blade is incredibly sharp and made of a metal that doesn't shatter unless Superman starts getting involved. That said, it's still just a long sword that's really good at cutting and not breaking. Besides the sword he has a decently sized armory of guns, blades, and other weapons he's practiced with.

-Technological Mind: By virtue of his Eidetic Memory and enhanced mental acuity from the Serum Eric has gained a certain level of tech knowledge that allows him to craft gadgets give the time and resources. He's no Wayne R&D technician but he can make quite a few helpful gadgets himself like his armor's HUD, tracking chips, and other little things.

Weakness:

-Serum Side Effects: Much like Deathstroke the serum does activate some of the more unpleasant sides of the mind. In times of great duress and/or physical pain Eric will slip into a berserker rage that allows him no room to think only to attack.

-Fundamentally Human: Even with his mind, skill, and serum he's mostly just a man. If some truly powered individual with super strength hits him he's probably going to be in a bad place. He relies on his mind to try and overcome threats but can be easily overpowered.

-Criminal Past: Eric isn't exactly proud of where he has come from. He still remembers pulling jobs with Deathstroke where people died and he did nothing to stop it. He helped his parents reach the height of crime that they have without a word. He still hasn't made a move to topple their empire though he knows he should. Bringing this up either results in shame, if a friend or ally mentions it, or rage, if a foe repeatedly attacks him on it.

-Magic: Eric doesn't know the first thing about magic or how it works. His mind is wired to understand the entirely logical and, as of yet, he has had no real connection to magic. With that in mind he finds it difficult to think tactically in situations in which magic is involved.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Life in Color

And, I'd like to throw my modified OC hat into the ring!

The Samaritan
Avery Laine

Origin Story:
Avery Laine is a bit of a relic, existing in a time before the Justice League, when superheroes were beginning to come into their own and making an impact on the worlds around them. If you ask her: she’s not a hero, she’s just doing her duty, sir or ma’m. As a teenager, her mutant power, control over an organism's lifeforce on touch, manifested when she drained the remaining lifeforce of her date after a horrendous car crash. From there, Avery pushed herself in the military and became a medic during the Vietnam War. She used her power and her limited knowledge of how it worked to help ease the passing of wounded soldiers into the next world, eventually earning the nickname Samaritan, given to her by a dying member of her unit. After the United States withdrew from the war in Vietnam, Avery was assigned duty at the Walter Reed Medical Center where she performed well as a trauma surgeon and was invited to be one of the first women to graduate from OCS – which she did, at the top of her class.

Hounded by an unknown organization looking to collect Metahumans and Mutants, Avery reached out to Metropolis’ resident superhero for help exploring the potentials of her powers. Unsure what to do with the ageless Mutant, Superman dog-eared her for the project that would be pulling together a team of young heroes and spoke with the president on her behalf to make sure she would be able to step away from her military service when superhero service called – this outed her as Mutant, but one clearly protected by some big names, and so she was allowed to continue serving.   

Home City: Buffalo, New York

Civilian Appearance/Style Description:

Height: 5'9"
Hair: Blonde, curly hair – when in uniform, back in regulation bun.
Eyes: Large, rounded – blue eyes (Avery also wears glasses both on and off duty).
Detailed Physical Description: Avery is 5’9” and 140 lbs of lean and particularly curvy muscle. Her skin is an even shade of white, or tan, depending where she’s been deployed lately and her skin is uncharacteristically freckle-free – which is very odd, given her Irish heritage. She keeps her hair long and curly, letting it down as soon as she hits the door to her off-base apartment, but keeps it tight when in uniform. She has long, toned legs that speak to numberless hours standing at a surgery table, and indicates that she takes care of herself. Her midsection is nothing to note, aside from the scarring left from shrapnel insertion from a grenade thrown outside of a medical tent that she was working in. Avery’s chest is modestly-sized, fitting with her frame, and is not often on direct display.
Typical Clothing: Since Avery is active duty military, her dress code tends to be very drab. When deployed, she spends her off-time in camos and green t-shirts. When stateside, her wardrobe varies wildly when she isn’t on-duty.

Costume Description:
While on a 48 hour pass, Avery ventured into Paris, France, with her brother, and commissioned a white, sleeveless dress to be made. The dress goes down to her knees and is trimmed with dulled gold frill. She leaves her hair down and slides a white half-mask over her face to hide her identity. White gloves cover her hands, but leave her fingertips exposed, so that she is able to employ her special mutation. She wears white boots and stockings to complete.

Personality: Despite her age, and good luck getting her to tell you how old she really is without the help of alcohol, and the terrible things she has seen the world be capable of, Avery believes that there is good still in it. Over all, she is an even, affectionate, and patient person who is always willing to listen to someone's problems - it's part of the wonderful bedside manner she's worked up during her tenure at Walter Reed. On the battlefield, she tends to be the one who remains calm and cool, focused on the mission and how best to execute it with the minimum amount of damage being done on all sides. 

Powers/Weapons:

Trained Weapons: M16A4 (Expert Qualification), M11 (Sharpshooter Qualification)

Mutation Effects:As far as Avery has been able to tell, when she touches an organic lifeform, she is able to pull the lifeforce from them - initially, she had no control over this and would find reasons to constantly wear gloves. As the years passed, she has learned that it feels more like tugging on a string and she can choose to tug if she wants to. That being said, the only thing she has been able to note as side effects is that she appears to be permanently twenty-four and that the lifeforce of one organism can be used to heal another.

The use of her power to heal other life forms is seen in the presence of her cat, Kibbles, a Tuxedo-patterned cat that Avery adopted when she was stationed stateside and has been her companion since. She hopes that The Cove is cat proof - where she goes, so goes Kibbles. 

Weaknesses:
The Healer: Avery helps people – since the accident in 1954, Avery believes that it is her job to help people. It is her single, most-defining weakness and strength – she does not see battle lines like her brothers and sisters do when there are wounded that need tending to. This can translate into a young (in appearance, at least) woman who is manipulated and whose best intentions often get her into trouble. 

The FNG: While Avery has a lot of time under her belt as a solider and a doctor, she is not at acquainted with the Superhero scene.

Lack of Knowledge: Although she has lived with her mutant abilities since she was sixteen, Avery has been perfectly happy not testing them - so, really, she has no idea what she is truly capable of.

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000