Firefly Role-Playing Game (rules-based) - Character Generation/Recruiting

Started by vin26m, August 23, 2014, 05:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Quote from: Ontan on August 25, 2014, 03:30:40 AM
Speaking of which, I’ve updated my character sheet and added a few more details, which hopefully makes the character concept a bit clearer. I also tweaked the distinctions and assets a bit, if only for character variety; we probably don’t need three males with 'steady' and signature weapons.

That depends on the weapon.  ;D

Ontan

More updates! In line with some of the other profiles, I've added a short background section.

johnnyboyboy

I also added some flesh to mine, Not much still need a background.
Just some quotes.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.”

"As time goes on, and our paths continue to unfold  though I do not know what will happen, whether we  continue together through life, all that I ask of you is that you remember me."
On/offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=205898.0

SpiralSpider

I'm interested if there is still room.  :-)

I'll come up with a character concept shortly.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

SpiralSpider

Gabe take 1

Name: Gabriel Bailong

Attributes:
Mental 1D10
Physical 1D6
Social 1D8

Skills (Specialties):
Fight 1D10 (Martial Arts)
Fix 1D8
Fly 1D6
Focus 1D10
Influence 1D8
Know 1D6 (Diplomacy)
Move 1D6 (Rebounding - like found in Parkour or Gymnastics)
Notice 1D8
Operate 1D6
Perform 1D12 (Acting)

Distinctions:
Ship's Mechanic D8
Registered Companion D8
Alluring D8

Signature Assets:
Companion's Finery D6
Flashbang Incense Sticks D6

Note: Gabe is happy performing the role of mechanic while on board the Thundercracker. He does the bare minimum to continue as a Registered Companion, mostly preferring to keep a more humble facade. Some few aboard the ship (like the captain and anyone who's had companion training) would probably know about his other job, but he tries not to bring unneeded attention to it. He rarely takes clients - usually at the captain's request (for GM plot goodies) or if the money is particularly tight... or the client is particularly interesting?

RubySlippers

Do you really want my character to have to report him to the Guild for disgracing the Guild, its not like he is bringing much to the table my character is from a prominent family with her own wealth and is actively supporting Guild expansion on the Border. Unless he is from a suitable family she wouldn't want to be offending.

Its not like he is an Artist his main work is a Mechanic, kind of common.

vin26m

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 01, 2014, 03:49:07 PM
Do you really want my character to have to report him to the Guild for disgracing the Guild, its not like he is bringing much to the table my character is from a prominent family with her own wealth and is actively supporting Guild expansion on the Border. Unless he is from a suitable family she wouldn't want to be offending.

I'm still working out the details with Spiral in PM's.

But that kind of IC conflict could be interesting.

SpiralSpider

Quote from: RubySlippers on September 01, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

Wow... feeling pretty confused here. I don't see what about Gabe the way I originally wrote him up.. would lead to him 'disgracing' the Guild. I said he did the bare minimum required, so he wouldn't be breaking any rules. I'm working out details with Vin - the idea is that Gabe's a bit of a social chameleon and mechanic work can serve as a cover if he needs to fade into the woodwork at any time. My original concept was that he doesn't know what he wants out of life yet and is travelling around, learning new things, meeting new people.... Seems like I have to make a few adjustments. I picked up mechanic skills specifically since there wasn't one on the ship at the time, but I could change that to some other viable cover occupation.

If it bothers you that there's another companion on board I understand, just say so.

Edit: I sent a revised Gabe Vin's way. He's got a more prestigious cover occupation that I hope you'll like a bit more, Slippers. ^.^

Ontan

Quote from: SpiralSpider on September 02, 2014, 02:47:37 PM
I picked up mechanic skills specifically since there wasn't one on the ship at the time, but I could change that to some other viable cover occupation.
[...]
Edit: I sent a revised Gabe Vin's way. He's got a more prestigious cover occupation that I hope you'll like a bit more, Slippers. ^.^

It could of course go the other way – he started out life as a ship’s mechanic, but a passing Companion took note of his natural charms, and referred him for training to join their ranks. It’d explain why he’s handy with repairs, notwithstanding the prospects of a more illustrious career at his fingertips. Just a thought, of course; the character is yours, and nobody else's.

As for the lack of mechanic... there’s no rule saying we must have all archetypal roles fulfilled, and admittedly there’s an argument for having an atypical crew rather than one that ticks all the figurative boxes… but it all comes down to what people want to play. Generally speaking, playing a unique role (the ship’s mechanic) is going to be a lot more fun than playing a redundant one (the other other fighter).

RubySlippers

Quote from: SpiralSpider on September 02, 2014, 02:47:37 PM

Wow... feeling pretty confused here. I don't see what about Gabe the way I originally wrote him up.. would lead to him 'disgracing' the Guild. I said he did the bare minimum required, so he wouldn't be breaking any rules. I'm working out details with Vin - the idea is that Gabe's a bit of a social chameleon and mechanic work can serve as a cover if he needs to fade into the woodwork at any time. My original concept was that he doesn't know what he wants out of life yet and is travelling around, learning new things, meeting new people.... Seems like I have to make a few adjustments. I picked up mechanic skills specifically since there wasn't one on the ship at the time, but I could change that to some other viable cover occupation.

If it bothers you that there's another companion on board I understand, just say so.

No, its fine, but to her your either a full time Companion or an amateur doing a hobby but he could be from the border training temple, they tend to be less refined, I personally think its going to be interesting role-playing. Her hobby is studying cultures of the verse' she doesn't get paid for it. LOL

There is no need for a cover occupation.

Lisbeth

I have returned from a long hiatus due to personal reasons.  Apologies for the unplanned absence.

O/Os & Braindump
Requests

eBadger

SpiralSpider

Here's Gabe's final, approved sheet:

Name: Gabriel Bailong

Attributes:
Mental 1D10
Physical 1D6
Social 1D8

Skills (Specialties):
Craft 1D10
Fight 1D8 (Martial Arts)
Fix 1D6
Focus 1D10
Influence 1D6
Know 1D8 (Appraisal)
Move 1D6 (Rebounding - like found in Parkour or Gymnastics)
Notice 1D8
Perform 1D12 (Acting)
Trick 1D6

Distinctions:
Registered Companion D8
Alluring D8
Free Spirit D8 - Gabe thrives in new experiences. He's able to adapt quickly to a new environment and does well finding a niche in just about any social encounter.

Signature Assets:
Companion's Finery D6
Jeweler's kit D6