Matrons of Evil (Recruitment,Pathfinder)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, November 23, 2017, 06:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFcommando

Still here, should have something up today.

A question about the Gluttony... perhaps the Savage Maw can be cast at will, instead of permanent?  It's a big disadvantage to look inhuman, one that the rest don't share.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

clonkertink

Quote from: TFcommando on November 28, 2017, 03:18:54 AM

A question about the Gluttony... perhaps the Savage Maw can be cast at will, instead of permanent?  It's a big disadvantage to look inhuman, one that the rest don't share.

Plus, y'know... it'd be a shame if the Matron of Gluttony couldn't do Oral without maiming her partners. ;)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: clonkertink on November 28, 2017, 02:14:37 AM
I was actually thinking Masako might make a good "Envy". The Church of Light represents everything that was once her's, that she can never reclaim. So instead she'll tear it all down. Just an idea.

That would be good idea and interesting twist on the char :). Will edit above list reflect on that Masako is now Envy (you get cool 'gaze attack' sort deal with the brand).

Well, Pride's infernal aspect literally makes person more outsider/infernal in appearance. Slightly but still a clear outsider traits are there (as it imbues Pride brand bearer with some outsider traits and later on upragdes could get wings and finally get entire devil subtype applied to themselves). So gluttony is not only one which has physical changes (and later on Sin brand bearers may get physical signs of their alliance but some start sooner than others).

Quote from: clonkertink on November 28, 2017, 03:22:14 AM
Plus, y'know... it'd be a shame if the Matron of Gluttony couldn't do Oral without maiming her partners. ;)

There is gifs and pics of Mileena giving oral (it looks scary but works).

But if it's very unpleasant issue and having no means use illusions/alter self to hide the maw I can make ruling it's a at-will spell-alike ability (anything which is at-will than constant will be spell-alike while constant spell effects are meant as supernatural).

clonkertink

I mean, don't go changing Masako quite yet. She ain't my character!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: clonkertink on November 28, 2017, 03:48:32 AM
I mean, don't go changing Masako quite yet. She ain't my character!

Ah, my bad. Anyways good suggestion but up to players will they choose different sins or not.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: towerhouse on November 28, 2017, 02:05:01 AM
Thanks for the feedback.  You seem to know Pathfinder pretty well.  Any suggestions on useful equipment to purchase to round things out.

Well, with 1,230 gold available and with charisma boost, deflection, +1 shield and armor it would narrow down to a weapon. Albeit your psionic powers are potent but I would pick something as melee weapon (your surges do grant +1 morale bonus to attack and dmg rolls). Simple weapon profiency wise morning star is good (has two dmg types; bludgeoning and piercing). Short spear can work (plus you can throw it if need be).

You do not get enchanted weapon with 1,230gp, but could get masterwork one and leave you with around 900 gold. Or alternatively can craft a deep crystal weapon which costs 1,000gp + weapon cost (I count item masterwork automatically when made from expensive exotic materials). Allows spend 2 PP for able do +2d6 extra dmg on melee hit (remains charged 1 minute when imbued).

Alternatively you could get power stone with multiple one time used powers (which manifester levels may be same or greater than yours). Alternative is dorje (crystal shard) which contains 50 charges to use 1st level power (without augments). Cognize crystal is neat (even if storage is just 1 power point) and psionic tattoo (regular or crawling) can be cool as well albeit they are one shot items like power stones are.

Besides above, potions are always good investment.

Angie

I do look inhuman myself, which is why I have the cloak of human guise. I'm sure we can come up with some minor magical item that suppresses the maw.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Zaer Darkwail

Cloak of human guise would conceal the maw yes.

Angie

Well, we may want a ring or some piece of jewelry that makes her mouth more human, something more transformative and not illusion based like the cloak is.

Zaer Darkwail

Would work for me, it's overall minor transmutation effect so would allow ring xxx which does physical change (than just illusion) with same cost.

Snake

No it's fine. She can be a good Envy. I just wanted a special ability that didn't alter how my character looks outwardly. So on that note: can i play it like she toggle the gaze attack on and off? Cuz melting faces while trying to diplomacy someone would be bad. XD

Angie

Quote from: Snake on November 28, 2017, 12:17:29 PM
No it's fine. She can be a good Envy. I just wanted a special ability that didn't alter how my character looks outwardly. So on that note: can i play it like she toggle the gaze attack on and off? Cuz melting faces while trying to diplomacy someone would be bad. XD

Uhhh....get some glasses? Since it says "constant spell effect", I would think it's always on.

Snake

Ugh, then I'd rather stay Pride. The constant protection v Evil spares me a spell to burn every combat which makes her a more efficient face-breaker.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Angie on November 28, 2017, 12:19:41 PM
Uhhh....get some glasses? Since it says "constant spell effect", I would think it's always on.

Yes and no same time. It asks standard action to 'use' the gaze to melt faces. So long you do not take the standard action, then there is no acid dmg done or anything else.

Snake

But gaze attacks also imply it happens if they meet your gaze even unwittingly. Or maybe I'm thinking of an older ruling?  Either way the constant protection spell is nifty :3 And the gaze is more effective if you funnel it through a familiar somehow :3

Zaer Darkwail

Well, if someone takes Envy and gets a familiar, I would allow familiar able channel the gaze. Anyways with gaze I mostly mean how it is directed (visually you appear doing nothing and then one moment with meaningful gaze your eyes flare green briefly and then someone suffers acid burns and gets crippled by it). Meeting your eyes, directly or indirectly, does not trigger Envy's saint power. It's purposeful standard action which triggers the dmg and infliction. The 'constant' just means you do not need take 'standard action' to activate it and then separated standard action to actually use it on someone/something.

Pockets

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 28, 2017, 11:49:45 AM
Would work for me, it's overall minor transmutation effect so would allow ring xxx which does physical change (than just illusion) with same cost.

Instead of a ring, maybe it's a piercing? An earring or something?
08/02 - New A/A Update

Snake

Oh I see then Zaer. But I wanted Pride as well for Masako's history, she has immense pride in herself and her heritage which makes her hate for them now burn all the more intensely. What they did to her wounded her in ways she can't even cope with.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Pockets on November 28, 2017, 12:51:27 PM
Instead of a ring, maybe it's a piercing? An earring or something?

It can be other physically worn item yes (so long it's not a cape).

Quote from: Snake on November 28, 2017, 12:58:52 PM
Oh I see then Zaer. But I wanted Pride as well for Masako's history, she has immense pride in herself and her heritage which makes her hate for them now burn all the more intensely. What they did to her wounded her in ways she can't even cope with.

Yeah, but still it leaves on the issue there is 2 prides and I have to pick one of the two. So thus I gave advice to ponder what other sin may fit to the char if possible. A char can display (or enjoy/use) all seven deadly sins but one sin is above others and is branded on the char and gives char power.

Snake

Well I will abide by whatever ruling you decide Zaer, btw check the overlord thread too.

Zaer Darkwail

I checked, but it's late now that I got onto computer and reply tomorrow.

Ershin

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 28, 2017, 12:33:19 AM
As we can see we got minor problem; we got two prides (as I earlier mentioned to Modesty could take sin of sloth for being 'lazy summoner' who does not even aim become great like ancestor she symbiots with). But also that Felix needs mistress to bond with and he chose greed sin, but there is no mistress who has greed as chosen sin.

As mentioned the males (or females who is not a matron) get only picked in if they are bonded with one matrons, so Windraider needs talk and bond with either one of the prides (or sloth if Ershin chooses/decides to change) to able get in. Or get someone take role of greed and post a char profile before tomorrow late evening.

I'm willing to change Sins if Pride is already claimed - Though I'll need to change Modesty and Humilitas' names, as they were specifically named after the opposing Virtues to Pride ;D
Just need to decide which. I'm honestly not all that sure which to go for as Sloth doesn't really fit the Eidolon/summoned soul who I had originally planned on being the inheritor of the Sin rather than the summoner.

TFcommando

Just came up with another idea... a magus bladebound kensai.  This allows for naked swordplay, and the image of a plump swordswoman plays nicely against type.  A black blade is intelligent and acts as a partner with its own goals... presumably played by the DM.  Would that be something you’re OK dealing with, Zaer?
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

clonkertink

Quote from: Ershin on November 28, 2017, 05:47:29 PM
I'm willing to change Sins if Pride is already claimed - Though I'll need to change Modesty and Humilitas' names, as they were specifically named after the opposing Virtues to Pride ;D

Whooo! Thumbs up for theme naming! ;)

towerhouse

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 28, 2017, 04:13:45 AM
Well, with 1,230 gold available and with charisma boost, deflection, +1 shield and armor it would narrow down to a weapon. Albeit your psionic powers are potent but I would pick something as melee weapon (your surges do grant +1 morale bonus to attack and dmg rolls). Simple weapon profiency wise morning star is good (has two dmg types; bludgeoning and piercing). Short spear can work (plus you can throw it if need be).

You do not get enchanted weapon with 1,230gp, but could get masterwork one and leave you with around 900 gold. Or alternatively can craft a deep crystal weapon which costs 1,000gp + weapon cost (I count item masterwork automatically when made from expensive exotic materials). Allows spend 2 PP for able do +2d6 extra dmg on melee hit (remains charged 1 minute when imbued).

Alternatively you could get power stone with multiple one time used powers (which manifester levels may be same or greater than yours). Alternative is dorje (crystal shard) which contains 50 charges to use 1st level power (without augments). Cognize crystal is neat (even if storage is just 1 power point) and psionic tattoo (regular or crawling) can be cool as well albeit they are one shot items like power stones are.

Besides above, potions are always good investment.

Thanks for that tip.  I might take superior shapeshifter instead if it's allowed to get Fox shape as a free feat.
-TH

On/Offs