The Lab recruitment (dark, NC, Medical, Exotic)

Started by WindVoyager, March 17, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockSalt

Quote from: WindVoyager on April 07, 2014, 03:35:31 PM
Its still open. I've haven't been one due to me being sick and my ISP having major issues. Its not the computer or the modem, its something on their end. I've spent a lot of time yelling at them

Ah, oh no, I hope everything gets sorted out alright! No internet sucks!

WindVoyager

QuoteAh, oh no, I hope everything gets sorted out alright! No internet sucks!

A part of me wonders if they are doing it on purpose to get people to buy the really expensive services that have the same crappyness to them.

One of the things that plagued the original version of the Lab was a lack of interaction between he characters. I'd like to see a lot more interaction so no one gets left behind by accident. Some of the scientists could be in competition with each other for funding and the best equipment and test subjects or want to steal another scientists test subject\equipment. The Corporation may even secretly encurge it and play favorites by giving someone better equipment.

RockSalt

Ah yes, I could see how interaction might be hard to achieve. Maybe if test subjects behave "well" and are determined not to be threats or a security issue, they could be upgraded from their animal like cells to more of a prison system where they at least eat meals with other "inmates" and have recreational periods? Otherwise I could see how a scientist studying interaction and behavior patterns might be interested in housing different subjects together!

WindVoyager

QuoteAh yes, I could see how interaction might be hard to achieve. Maybe if test subjects behave "well" and are determined not to be threats or a security issue, they could be upgraded from their animal like cells to more of a prison system where they at least eat meals with other "inmates" and have recreational periods? Otherwise I could see how a scientist studying interaction and behavior patterns might be interested in housing different subjects together!

I like that. It would lead to some character interaction. More so if they tossed the inhuman characters in there, the ones that won't be a threat to the health and well being of the human test subjects. It get around that, maybe have a thick shatter proof glass between them and the more 'fragile' test subjects? So they can study the reactions and any possible interactions they may have with a dangerous aggressive non human

DinaFlower

Okay, thank you! It is 6am so I am sleepy, lol. But I will get on later and find out about singing up. =)

Xenolord

This is interesting, but I'm not sure (though it was stated aliens and fandom creatures are allowed) if I could do the character I wanted (if you're still looking for people.) I'll check back later.

WindVoyager

QuoteThis is interesting, but I'm not sure (though it was stated aliens and fandom creatures are allowed) if I could do the character I wanted (if you're still looking for people.) I'll check back later.

Fanfom characters and aliens are allowed. After all I'll be playing a character that is from one of my fav fandoms and he's an alien

Xenolord

Time for me to add a character or two here.

Subject One Nine Seven Nine

Character Name: Subject 1979
Orientation: Unknown. Presumed heterosexual.
Species: Xenomorph/Human Hybrid
Department: Research Subject
Physical Appearance: Subject 1979
Personality: 1979 was initially of a poor disposition when she first arrived, but has since changed her demeanor to be more enjoyable. She still expresses displeasure at being forced to see the same four walls all day every day.
Background: 1979 has no memory of her previous life, save for quick flashes. Official Corporation documentation states 1979 was Lyndrys Harper before her makeover, a vagrant in the city which the Corporation swooped up one night.
Non-Human Anatomy: Subject 1979 is, for all intents and purposes, human with the exception of a few genetic augments. Most of her body is covered in hard, black chitinous armor. A ten-foot long, segmented tail extends from her tailbone. The tail itself is prehensile and can curl up upon itself easily. Her hands and feet both have long talons which can easily tear through most soft objects. Her back has four spikes which point downward. Beneath her tongue is a secondary set of jaws, which directly connect to her stomach. While this is a more expedited way of eating, she finds that eating like the 'normal' folks makes her feel more human. Reminisce of her Xenomorph half, 1979 has perfect night vision, and quite prefers darkness to an abundance of light, and has been known to smash the lightings of her cell... to either annoy her captors or to be more at home is debatable. Also reminisce of her Xenomorph half, her blood is a deep yellow hue and highly acidic. Her cell has been reinforced to prevent escape through this manner. The crest upon her head is made of a similar material to the rest of her body, and is hard enough to smash most non-reinforced metals and woods to pieces. No one knows why her hair, which was blonde when she was brought to the Lab, turned purple, side effect of the injection, most likely. Also reminisce of her Xenomorph half, her hands and feet secrete a thick, sticky substance which she can use to climb on most vertical and inverted surfaces. Her limbs are limber yet strong enough to allow her to fall from most hights unharmed and pounce great distances with ease, and she is capable of running at speeds of up to eighty miles an hour for short bursts. She prefers to keep a more human appearance most of the time, but has been known to exhibit almost near-Xenomorph habits if she is sexually aroused.

1979 has been in the lab for as long as anyone can remember.

Let me know if changes must be made.

King Serperior

Highly interested.....but are there more scientists or specimens?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

WindVoyager

QuoteHighly interested.....but are there more scientists or specimens?

I think we need one more scientist

King Serperior

Quote from: WindVoyager on April 09, 2014, 01:12:50 PM
I think we need one more scientist

Alrighty, then my last question is male-to-female ratio.  I have an idea for a female scientist who is rather too trusting and one for a male who tends to flirt with anything with breasts.....but I cannot play both  *shrugs*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

WindVoyager

QuoteAlrighty, then my last question is male-to-female ratio.  I have an idea for a female scientist who is rather too trusting and one for a male who tends to flirt with anything with breasts.....but I cannot play both  *shrugs*

Not sure of the female\male ratio at the moment since I don't know how many people are actutaly going to play

RockSalt

Of the current characters posted, four are male and one are female, though I've noticed based on past games with similar themes there usually tends to be more females than males, so do what you will with that...

WindVoyager

QuoteOf the current characters posted, four are male and one are female, though I've noticed based on past games with similar themes there usually tends to be more females than males, so do what you will with that...

We are getting a bit heavy on males, a female character wouldn't hurt.

King Serperior

Okay, I'll bring in a female scientist then.  You say that there will be competition between them (stealing, sabotage, ect) right? 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

WindVoyager

QuoteOkay, I'll bring in a female scientist then.  You say that there will be competition between them (stealing, sabotage, ect) right?

Yes its for the grand amusement of the Corporation. That and they believe that a little competition will mean better results though the test subjects no doubt will not agree with that

King Serperior

Character Name:  Holly May
Orientation:  Bisexual
Species:  Human
Department:  Genetic Biology (Observes, feeds, and questions subjects in person)
Physical appearance:  =>
Personality:  Flirty, naïve, and a major risk taker, Holly tends to be way too trusting and easily tricked.  Despite this, she is extremely intelligent and tends to make breakthroughs overnight.  She's often seen drinking a little on the job, just enough to open her inhibitions so she can experiment with less remorse.  She's like a piece of chocolate:  Hard, fragile outer coating with a very soft, sweet, gooey center on the inside.  It's said that she even stands on the observatory deck, overlooking experimentations taking place, and masturbates over it.....which is true.  She gets off on turning people into playthings.
Background:  Born in a small town in Alaska, she quickly moved from place to place in search for something interesting.  Eventually, she made her way to near the top of a genetics cooperation only to have been found experimenting on her superiors, having slipped them various drugs.  She faced a lawsuit from many angles and was facing the next fifty years in prison, but all charges were mysteriously dropped.  When she came home, a man in all black gave her a letter that said her services were needed.  The next morning, she flew out and joined 'The Lab" at Utopia, a place she never thought she'd ever be able to enter.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Strangefate

Character Name:  Dr. Evelyn Quail

Orientation: Bisexual
Species: Human
Department: Psychology
Personality: Outwardly cool and prim in appearance, Evelyn views herself as a perfectionist, while in reality being something of a manipulative neurotic with an obsession for control. That includes controlling both her environment and the people who surround her on a daily basis.  Her treatment of patients ranges from clinically detached to almost cloyingly maternalistic, depending on her ever fluctuating mood and level of interest. She has a tendency to view and treat patients more as pets than fellow sentients, particularly the less human-looking ones.           
Background:  A former professor of psychology at a prestigious university, Evelyn was quietly relieved of her duties following  accusations of improper and not altogether consensual relations with her students. Fortunately for the doctor, her research into induced psychotic states and abnormal psychology caught the interest of the Lab in Utopia.  She is currently employed as both an experimental researcher and personal psychologist to the patients. In particular her studies have focused on observing patients intentionally placed in high stress situations, including exposure to unusual stimuli both physical and chemical, as well as fellow patients of abnormal physiognomies and temperaments. At times she has worked alongside the surgery department, finding bizarre body modifications a particularly ripe area for strong mental reactions in her patients. 

Character Name:  Renee Laval 

Orientation: Bisexual
Species: Human
Department: Non-Hostile Patients
Personality:  Prior to being delivered up to the Lab, Renee was quite used to holding a position of respect and power, catered to by servants and lower functionaries.  Arrogant, haughty, demanding, and quite self-assured, it remains to be seen how long she can uphold this demeanor now that she has been reclassified as a nameless test subject.   
Background:  Renee was born to privilege as the second daughter to a pair of respected corporate executives, and thus able to attend the very best schools and elite institutions. Slated from birth to a high ranking position within the corporate hierarchy, she proved a gifted, clever, and highly motivated worker…perhaps too motivated.  After squeezing out yet another rival for a highly coveted promotion, she awoke one morning to find herself locked in a Lab cell, where the doctors seemed none too interested in listening to her pleas that a mistake had been made.  How much her enemies paid to have her disappeared is unclear, but she remains hopeful that somehow someway they will realize she shouldn’t be here and eventually let her free.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

blue bunny sparkle

Hello there!

Found this a little late.

But I was wondering if this game is still in need of a female experimental Human or Antro type character?

Ironwolf85

count me in for this if you are still recruiting...
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.