Original Superheroes. Freeform with system influence (CLOSED)

Started by NileGoddess, July 07, 2011, 02:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NileGoddess

Setting
There is an ongoing battle in Ursa City. The shadowy group of men and women known only as The League have the crime network wrapped around their finger, slowly corrupting the citizens like an infectious cancer as they spread their evil will little by little. On the other side of the fence is the Order of Valor, a group of heroes and heroines dedicated to stopping The League. They go head to head with their enemies with back up from the law enforcement to put a stop to them once and for all.  Both sides know that the city is only a beachhead; if The League succeeds in eradicating the Order, their first step in global domination is secure. On the other hand, if The League is wiped out, peace will slowly but surely spread across the globe.

Characters Needed
Looking for both superheroes/heroines and supervillains/villainesses that each have one or two powers or abilities, in addition to weaknesses that counteract the strengths/powers. A template is provided. There’s no limits on powers, with the exception of the number of them and you can't make an overpowered invincible character; you can go with a magical background, science fiction, fantasy, tied in to some existing comic arc, or anything that tickles your fancy. We will obviously need a minimum amount of players to actually start the game, so the more the merrier! The game itself isn't sexual based, but sexual characters and scenarios are perfectly acceptable and encouraged.

System
This is my first attempt at using a dice system, so any help is much appreciated! Right now, the desired system is in a semi-working form, but I need people with experience in dice systems to help weed out any issues, as well as give suggestions to make it more streamlined. My intention is to give several story arcs that will serve as the basic overall plot. We will start with one arc, but the outcome will not be pre-determined. Instead, it will be determined by confrontations between The Order and The League, the winners of which determined by the dice rolls. Each arc will have a ‘weight’ that makes the consequences more dire for either side in future arcs. I will manage the rolls, as well as be taking the seat of The League leadership to give a sense of authority. It’s not my intent to dictate where the story goes exactly, however. My role will be more GM than anything else. See below the character template for system, dice, and bonus details. I’d also like if someone would head The Order as well to help lead the characters.

PM and/or post your interest/character in this thread. PM me if you have any questions on how to use the template, because it’s a trite complicated template with the given coding. Here are the steps you need to follow to submit a character.

• Fill out the fields, and use your imagination! Replace anything in parentheses.
  • Pick 1-2 strengths and/or abilities (your character's superpowers)
  • Pick 1-2 weaknesses/exploits that compliment and balance your character's powers
  • There are three 'classes' to choose from for the attributes: Power,  (Strength/Endurance), Speed (Speed/Agility), Mental (Intellect/Perception). Assign each of these as Primary, Secondary, or Tertiary. Add +4 to both Primary skills, +2 to both Secondary, and 0 to Tertiary. (All Attributes start at 0).
  • Place 4 points into any of the remaining attributes as you desire. It should reflect your character’s concept (ie, a physically strong character would not have a high intellect).

Commitment
All players must read and swear to the Oath of the Drake for Group Games. People dropping early or in the middle of the game will ruin it. Secondly, I reserve the right to decline player's character applications; just because you post a character does not mean you will be accepted. If it is something minor and easily fixed, you will be allowed to do so. If you are just not suited for the game, I request you accept the fact with dignity and maturity.

[center][font=impact][size=20pt]Dossier on (Hero/Villain Name)[/size][/font][/center]
[float=right][img width=400 padding=5](Image link here)[/img][/float]

[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Real name:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Real name)[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Alignment:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Order/League)[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Profession:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Day Job/Real Life)[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Strengths:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms][list]
[li][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Strength/Power)[/font][/size][/b][/li]
[li][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Strength/Power)[/font][/size][/b][/li]
[/list][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Weaknesses:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms][list]
[li][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Weakness/Flaw)[/font][/size][/b][/li]
[li][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Weakness/Flaw)[/font][/size][/b][/li]
[/list][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Suspected Origin:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](How they got their abilities)[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Power Description:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](How their abilities work)[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms]Role in Order/League:[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[td][b][size=14pt][font=trebuchet ms](Explain a little bit about what their role is in their respective group)[/font][/size][/b][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[center][font=georgia][size=18pt]Attributes[/size][/font]
[table]
[tr]
[td]Strength: [/td]
[td]Speed: [/td]
[td]Intellect: [/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Endurance: [/td]
[td]Agility: [/td]
[td]Perception: [/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

System Specifics
Most encounters, whether they be between players or the environment, will be determined via dice rolls,  and we will be using The Fate System. It utilizes 4 Fudge dice, which are 6-sided, consisting of 2 blank sides, 2 +1 sides, and 2 -1 sides.

The Dicebot coding looks as follows:

• Dice=4
  • Sides=3
  • Mod=-2
Zeros are placed elsewhere, with the exception of Add. Add is where you will apply various bonuses, including attribute bonuses. For example, a Power character attacks with strength. If they have a strength of 4, put a 4 in Add. Bonuses will also pertain to certain situations and actions, as well as reflect what kind of character you are playing in a given environment.

All rolls will be sent to me, and I will relay the results, either in PM or in the thread, I haven’t decided which is best yet. As far as determining encounters, again, this is my first attempt at being this in depth of a GM; I will do my best to be fair, and will be more than accepting of suggestions and critiques.

Combat
If characters wish to initiate a battle, one must first attack with their primary attribute. The other character defends with their chosen primary defense. In order to win a battle, characters must roll at least +1 higher than a defending roll. Ties result in a re-roll as dictated by the GM, depending on if a victory needs to be achieved.

(Attack/Defense)
Strength/Endurance
Speed/Agility
Intellect/Perception

A Power character attacks a Speed character. The Power character would be using strength, and the Speed character would have to use agility to doge the attack.

In the event of the attacker winning, the defending character has two options. They may roll and try to flee with a bonus that reflects their primary defense, or they may try one last desperate attempt to win. Should the latter fail, their failed counter attack will be blocked, and they will be knocked unconscious.

In the event of a defender winning against an attacker, the defender is given bonus points, and the attacker rolls with their current attribute, and defender re-rolls with the boosted defense. The defender must get +1 above the attacker to win the battle. If there is a tie, or a margin of one, the rolls reset as in the beginning of the fight.

Unconscious players are unable to roll or post until they wake up (determined by the GM). They can be rescued from battle by an ally through a roll challenge.

Situational rolls
Rolls will also be requested by the GM when a specific action needs to be take place. For example: there is a locked steel door blocking the way. A character with high strength could use their strength bonus to try and break it down. A character without the strength bonus would have a much harder time. In fact, nearly impossible. They will have to find another way (if possible), or see if they can pass the door with an ability of their own.

Roll Heirarchcy
-3: Pathetic
-2: Terrible
-1: Poor
0: Average
+1 Mediocre
+2: Fair
+3: Good
+4: Great
+5: Superb
+6: Fantastic
+7: Epic
+8: Legendary

Positive Bonuses
+1 Counter attack: defender uses if attack fails (does not win by +1)
+2 Surprise attack: attacker uses if character is unaware.
+3 Exploit: Attacker/Defender, depending on who exploits whose weakness
+1 Desperation: if choosing to attack after defeat, they gain a +1 bonus to their defense. However, if they fail, they will be knocked unconscious.
+2 Stat bonus: Whenever a character has to roll to determine an event, and that event matches their specialty

Negative Bonuses
-2 Distraction: If a character is currently engaged in battle, and another character attacks, they lose 2 defense points.
-() Injury: Dependent on previous battle, consecutive battles may injure a character, and they lose both attack and defense points. GM decision as to severity, based on length of battle.
-4 Restraint: A character is conscious, but restrained and unable to do anything. A roll may be performed in an escape attempt if applicable.

More bonuses will be decided through suggestions and further plot progression. As always, those with dice experience would be a big help in determining if there are any glaring holes in this system.

NileGoddess

After consideration, please post characters here at first. I can always compile them in a separate character thread later.

Remec

Dossier on Thunderclap

Alignment:Order
Profession:Rocksinger and guitarist
Strengths:

• Sonic clap: Slams hand against a surface and either creates a wave of sonic and kinetic energy along that surface or through the air around/beyond it
  • Mimicry: Can vocalize any sound he has heard. Particularly unique or complicated ones might require a check against either Intellect or Perception
Weaknesses:

• Groupie Addiction: Has a tendency to fall for, believe the best, of girls in the usual age range for his fan base.
  • Has limited real control or finesse with sonic power. It tends to be a sledge hammer, not a xylophone mallet.
Suspected Origin:Mutancy, began my copying sounds as a child, Sonic power developed after a particularly angst-filled teenage date
Power Description:(See above) Essentially, the flow of adrenaline can be utilized to generate a well of potential energy which is transformed into a mix of sonic and kinetic energy through a sharp contact between parts of Newell's body (he tends to use his hands or a stomp of his foot) or himself and some durable surface.
Role in Order/League:Bit of a reserve cleanup crew. Power is strong but not as controlled as others would like--collateral damage is a big risk

Attributes

Power: 6Speed: 0Intellect: 2
Endurance: 4Agility: 1Perception: 3

NileGoddess

Welcome Remec! So far, your character looks fine. I'll give him a thorough examination in the near future.

Foxy DeVille

Dossier on Milady de Winter

Alignment:League
Profession:Idle Lady of Leisure
Strengths:

• Hypothermodynamics
  • Longevity
Weaknesses:

• Bio-Thermal Dependency
  • Transsexual Prejudice
Suspected Origin:Milady de Winter is the actual character from The Three Musketeers, a French noblewoman with a dark secret. While the novel glossed over this, the truth is she was a man dressing as a woman. This was considered an abomination back in the 17th century and the hatred she experienced when her to become a spy and assassin.. Arrested and sent to an asylum for her "insanity," she befriended an elderly senile alchemist who crafted a formula that would preserve her youth and beauty forever. It also had the inadvertent side effect of giving her powers over cold. After escaping, de Winter eventually took part in the French Revolution under an assumed name and encouraged its bloodthirstiness. During the first half of the 20th century, she became a Nazi agent and personally executed several members of the French Resistance. Before Berlin fell, de Winter escaped with countless treasure the Nazis had seized in France and made her way to America under the name Charlotte Backman. With the rise of superhumans, she began to act like a comic book villainess for the fun of it. She used her real name, now associated with a notorious fictional character, as her "alias." She became one of the earliest members of the League and remains in good standing to this day.

Power Description:Milady de Winter can create large amounts of cold, as well as ice if there is sufficient moisture. She has a great deal of precision with her powers and trains to be somewhat artistic with her creations. By touching someone she can drain their body heat. By absorbing bio-thermal energy, she retains her youth and appears to be in her early to mid-thirties.
Role in League:Milady de Winter uses her skill at seduction and assassination for the League. As she has done countless times over the centuries, she has chosen to avoid an overt leadership position and instead prefers to advise.

Attributes

Power: 0Speed: 3Intellect: 4
Endurance: 1Agility: 3Perception: 5

Dirigible

Dossier on Venture

Profession:Construction Worker
Strengths:

• Automagnetokinesis
  • Futurelore
Weaknesses:

• Magnetic Susceptibility
  • Man Out Of Time
Suspected Origin: “If you want to imagine the future, imagine a supervillain's boot stamping a human face into the mud – forever.” Venture claims to come from the future – a future where the League has already won and established a global empire of evil. The leader of the Resistance, he lead an attack on the fortress of the villain Chronex at the cost of many heroes' lives, and narrowly managed to activate Chronex's time portal to fling himself back to a time when there was still a hope for averting the triumph of malevolence.
Power Description:Venture's body is suffused with iron nanoparticles. This grants him several abilities: enhanced toughness and an integral magnetic forcefield; super-strength; and the ability to fly by repelling himself from the Earth's magnetic field. It is disrupted by intense magnetic fields and ferromagnetic objects. He cannot apply superhuman strength to objects primarily consisting of iron, steel, cobalt, etc. He could lift a boulder or a steel-reinforced concrete slab, but not a steel I-beam.

Though history is a fractally branching labyrinth of possibilities, Venture's origin in the future means he is sometimes familiar with beyond-cutting-edge technology, and may be able to guess about the vague course of events to come. Venture is not entirely familiar with the mores and technology of the present.
Role in Order:Venture has two possible roles in the Order: Leader, or Cassandra. If the other members are willing to accept his claims and stewardship, he will become their general in the war against the League. If they are more dubious of him he may take the role of doomsayer and unheeded warning, striving to hold off the villains and convince his fellows of the magnitude of the danger before them. In combat and when defending civilians he is unhesitatingly self-sacrificing, putting his body between more vulnerable teammates or innocents and harm.
Attributes

Strength: 5Speed: 3Intellect: 0
Endurance: 6Agility: 2Perception: 0

Hey, is there any chance of a rank chart for some of the Attributes? It would be handy to know what the difference between, say, Strength 2 and 3 or Speed 4 and 5 is in tons of lifting capacity or miles per hour. I'm familiar with other supers RPG system, so I could help out with benchmarking if you wish.

NileGoddess

Dirigible, I need you to trim down your profile, specifically the strengths and weaknesses part. Leave the strengths' names or descriptions, the weaknesses down to a sentence, and use the powers description area to elaborate. Again, keep it on the shorter side, around a paragraph. Otherwise, he looks interesting. I'll have to think about the influence he has on the future and make sure it won't be an issue for anything.

Oh, and Foxy, the edits you made via PM were fine.

NileGoddess

Dossier on The Countess

Alignment:The League
Profession:CEO of Laprade Enterprise
Strengths:

• Energy Drain
  • Superior Intellect
Weaknesses:

• Ordinary human endurance
  • Energy Drain is very brief
Suspected Origin:Dione lived a sheltered life of luxury, and breezed through school at an unnaturally pace. Early in her teenage years, during puberty, she discovered her vampiric tendency. Pets, friends, and later, even lovers in bed would quickly succumb to intense exhaustion, while her own energy would increase by many times. It wasn't until she discovered that her father bred her to be of supreme intelligence, and that her newfound abilities were a side-effect. Horrified that she was a test tube experiment, she took revenge on her father, taking control of the family industry. Through years of research, she learned to control her power at will, and even learn to enhance its effects.
Power Description:Dione has the ability to sap anyone of their strength for a limited time through skin-to-skin contact, and add it to her own. An ordinary person would feel an intense exhaustion, to the point where they can barely move. Against anyone superhuman, Dione is also able to acquire some of their abilities for a limited time. The exchange lasts briefly, however, as soon as contact is broken, and Dione returns to the average physique of a human woman.
Role in League:Dione is the Queen Bee of The League. She makes the plans and her subordinates execute them. By day, she is a powerful executive that runs a very successful global corporation. By night, she goes by the alias The Countess, and heads the group of evil villains in a plot to dominate the world using the resources of her company. What she lacks in power upfront in a fight she makes up in cunning and strategy, though any tight spot she gets into is always a result of her physical weakness, and the nature of her high-profile identity. For this reason, she prefers to work in the shadows while her her top lieutenants do her work for her.

Attributes

Strength: 0Speed: 2Intellect: 6
Endurance: 0Agility: 2Perception: 6

Dirigible

Quote from: NileGoddess on July 09, 2011, 05:06:22 PM
Dirigible, I need you to trim down your profile, specifically the strengths and weaknesses part.

Verbosity restrained as requested. If the time-travel thing seems problematic, we can always throw in some degree of amnesia as a side-effect, or make the ripples in causation from his arrival so severe that all the specific details he knows become irrelevant ("The Countess? Huh. The history books in my time say the League was headed by Doctor Vile.")

What attribute would an 'energy blaster' character use to attack with?

NileGoddess

Hm, probably strength, I would imagine. That's where this system starts to break down, I'm afraid. In the end, it's really irrelevant as to which powers you choose when it comes to combat. It's also not really all that fine, given it's comprised of three different stats divided into six. Environment specific rolls won't be so generic though, and I'm hoping we can make things evolve a little.

Current players, I would like to request that you think of possible story arcs to roleplay, if any come to mind. I've thought of a few, but it would be nice to see what everyone has to think.

RedEve

I'm not very good at system games either, would you help out with the dice stuff if I joined up?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

NileGoddess

I can tell you how to use the dicebot, if that's what you mean.

RedEve

Dossier on Star Flash

Profession:Secretary
Strengths:

• Super-human speed
  • Expert in hand-to-hand combat
Weaknesses:

• Overconfidence
  • Short temper
Suspected Origin:Martial arts proficiency comes from years of training, starting as a young child. She owes her super-human speed to a mutagen gene. It only started manifesting itself once she got into puberty.   
Power Description:Her superior speed manifests itself in the velocity of her body movements as well as the quickness of her mind to process sensory input.
Role in Order/League:Just a regular grunt who gets put in the vanguard of any attack for her hand-to-hand combat skills.

Attributes

Power: 2Speed: 5Intellect: 1
Endurance: 3Agility: 4Perception: 1

NileGoddess

Love her RedEve! Very nice!

On a side not, I completely messed up my own attributes. Fixed now.

Oh, and Dirigible, I didn't see your edit below your profile. If you could, send me some of what you know, and I'll see how it fits in with the game. Otherwise, we'll just wing it or something.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: NileGoddess on July 10, 2011, 10:00:35 AMCurrent players, I would like to request that you think of possible story arcs to roleplay, if any come to mind. I've thought of a few, but it would be nice to see what everyone has to think.

The same thing we do every night, Pinky... try to take over the world!

RedEve

In terms of plot, perhaps the Order gets wind of a big score or evil plan from the League and tries desperately to stop them?

NileGoddess

I think that will be the general gist of each arc. Need something actually specific. My goal is to classify each one as Low, Medium, or High stakes, and each corresponding game will have a minor, moderate, or drastic effect on the characters. For example, a Low stakes arc wouldn't really change the course of the story all that much. A win would be more of a slap to the face to the other side. A high stakes arc would do things like permanently alter character interactions, give extra bonuses, etc, to whoever wins it.

RedEve

I see.

Well it would make sense to start with something low stakes then? Just to make everyone acquainted with the game first?

NileGoddess

Definitely this. We wouldn't want a side to get shafted just because people are unfamiliar with things.

NileGoddess

Everyone, the OOC Discussion has been posted in the NC Systems Small Groups section. All who have posted a character thus far have been accepted into the game, so please check in there. The floor is open for discussion of plot elements and concepts. For convenience, the thread is also linked at the very top of this interest check.

NileGoddess

The Character Thread is now up. This is where all approved characters will go. If your character has not been approved, do not post. If your character has been approved, please copy your dossier and reply to the character thread. Thank you. The Character Thread will also be linked at the top of the interest check and the OOC.

samantha_cs

Dossier on Catalyst

Profession:Astronomer
Strengths:

• Amplification of others' superpowers

• Premonitions

Weaknesses:

• Incomplete conscious control of powers

• Ordinary human physical attributes

Suspected Origin:Darius always loved the night sky. As a kid, he spent hours looking at planets and stars through the 10" Cassegrain that was his most beloved possession. Combined with his keen eye for detail and strong intellect, this passion drove him to become an outstanding astronomer.
While observing a rare astronomical event one night, he was overwhelmed by a surge of energy causing him to black out. He awoke later in a hospital, being treated for a mild concussion he sustained, the doctors believed, when he fell. His powers began to manifest shortly thereafter.
Power Description:Catalyst's presence will improve the effects of nearby superheroes' super powers. Intense focus can either damp his contribution to another's power (but not to nothing) or amplify it even more. Otherwise, his power is always active for those within 100 ft of him. He also receives premonitions of future events. Such premonitions are always accurate, but not always clear at the outset.
Role in Order/League:The Order recruited Catalyst out of necessity. His ability makes him a two-edged sword, as it will improve the abilities of both friends and foes. They are endeavoring to teach him better control of his powers, but have only seem limited success so far. Additionally, the Order has learned to trust his premonitions, and use their arrival as a kind of early-warning system.

Attributes

Strength: +0Speed: +2Intellect: +5
Endurance: +0Agility: +2Perception: +7

*Many thanks to Majere_Dreaven and dad_savage for helping me photoshop the image

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

NileGoddess

Sounds great! Looking forward to it.

Gareth, I'm not overly picky on what images you use. For example, mine has nothing to do with the genre; it's a cosplay from a video game, from what I gather. It'd be nice if it goes with your character, but all the same, don't kill yourself over it.

PhantomPistoleer

Dossier on Kid Arrow

Profession:College Student
Strengths:

• Accomplished Archer
  • Super-Human Vision
Weaknesses:

• Human Physiology
  • Jealous of Siblings
Suspected Origin:Super-human vision manifested at birth; abilities dependant on achievement manifested during early adolescence.

Power Description:Kid Arrow possesses telescopic vision that allows him to read a newspaper from fifty meters away.  He can also manipulate his pupils to detect microscopic details, such as things rendered invisible by vibration.  On account of his suit's enhanced visor, Kid Arrow has nightvision and infrared vision, though he is incapable to use his microscopic sight using either due to hardware pixellation.

As his name implies, Kid Arrow is an Olympic-level archer and marksman.  He uses a compound longbow with a retinue of lethal and non-lethal ordnance in his fight against crime.
Role in Order/League:Kid Arrow is the newest member of the Order, and serves as a ranged complement to the front-line heavy hitters.  He is also the team's scout and infiltrator.

Attributes

Strength: 1 Speed: 4Intellect: 2
Endurance: 1Agility: 4Perception: 4
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

I guess I should make a couple of notes:

I wanted to create a character that totally got the shaft in the superhuman powers roulette.  His parents are both omega-level superhuman superheroes.  His siblings all have superhuman powers (gravity control, psychokinesis, super-strength, flight, etc.).  Michael got enhanced vision.  The conflict between himself and his family is complicated:  Michael resents his family.  His family's over-protective attitude towards him further isolates him from them.  He had to train in secret because they were very clear that he wasn't 'cut out for this line of work.'  Michael went so far as to keep his identity as Kid Arrow secret, though that exploded in his face magnificently when his sister fell in love with Kid Arrow.

He relies on a lot of technology, but I'm not really sure how that's reflected in the stats.  I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to detail his equipment-- or if it even matters.

I like playing a weaker character in a superhero setting.  I like the (Dick Grayson) Batmans and the Hawkeyes.  I would like for his inclusion into the Order to be somewhat based on his father's assumption that someone in the Order will keep an eye out on his kid.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

NileGoddess

We might be able to work it in somehow, say if his equipment gets damaged, he'd suffer a negative bonus accordingly. Just a thought.

jayline

I've been really interested in picking up a system rp for a while. I'm not sure which stat best represents charisma, but I guessed perception, also figured it'd work for his power requiring detailed knowledge.

Dossier on Door

Profession:FBI Special Agent
Strengths:

• Gating
  • Superhuman reflexes
Weaknesses:

• Ordinary physical attributes
  • Limited scope
Suspected Origin:Landon is a stranger to this world, a member of an ancient and scarce of dimensional interlopers who live in the space between worlds. While others of his race used their gifts to culture peace and sentient life, Door leapt from world to world, exploiting the inhabitants to suit his needs. He was eventually caught and cast into this dimension, which was then sealed from the outside. After adjusting to life in one dimension, he assumed the name Landon Porter and attached himself to the first super power he could find, the US government. He rose through the ranks of the FBI through use of scheming and his gating ability, eventually coming in contact with the league and offering his services as an informant and problem solver, squelching numerous investigations into the league's activity from within the Bureau itself. In exchange he hopes to acquire the means to break the seal on this dimension and exact revenge on his jailors.
Power Description:Door can no longer move through dimensions, but he still has the ability to open up portals to anywhere in the universe, the limit being that portals to places outside his line of sight require concentration on detail, either on a picture of the place, or a memory of having been there, which is why his journeys in this universe have been limited to Earth. Large portals are also difficult, requiring him to focus on and log further information. His native land, the warped space between worlds, is at best chaotic, and at worse lethal. As such, Door is the product of eons of the quick breeding with the quicker and has superb reflexes.
Role in Order/League:Door is many things, informant, agent, cleaner, and executioner. His involvement in decision making within the group is limited to assessing risks and supplying intelligence on police activity. He's usually at work in the field, silencing witnesses, obscuring evidence, procuring resources, and removing caped obstacles.

Attributes

Strength: 0Speed: 4Intellect: 2
Endurance: 0Agility: 5Perception: 5

Dirigible

Ah, crap, a teleporter. I hate it when villains have a Get Out Of Jail (And Into Fort Knox) Free Card  :D

NG's opinion obviously outweighs mine here, but I would suspect Intellect would be a better match for 'charisma'; it's the active mental attribute.

jayline

Quote from: Dirigible on July 13, 2011, 06:19:50 PM
Ah, crap, a teleporter. I hate it when villains have a Get Out Of Jail (And Into Fort Knox) Free Card  :D

NG's opinion obviously outweighs mine here, but I would suspect Intellect would be a better match for 'charisma'; it's the active mental attribute.

Yeah, here's hoping I make the cut.

NileGoddess

Jayline, he looks fine as far as I can tell. Not sure how we will incorporate his ability, but as long as we find some way balanced, it should be alright. The game is mostly free form anyway, so we'll have to focus on the dice system. Go ahead and post him in the character thread, and don't forget to check in at the OOC.

jayline

: D Thanks! Do you agree with dirigible about the stats thing, oh sacred GM?

NileGoddess

I'd rather not have anyone change their stats, and honestly, with such a simple system, the name of the trait isn't going to matter much. Also, we're likely going to have to do some tweaking with it once we get underway.

Isengrad

Dossier on Seraphim

Profession:Park Ranger
Strengths:

• Natural Flight
  • Tactile Matter manipulation
Weaknesses:

• Claustrophobia
  • Stigmata
Suspected Origin:His mutation occurred during his adolescence(around high school), Psychological trauma from that time frame contributed to his claustrophobia.
Power Description:Gabriel's body is adapted to be able to withstand the rigors of natural flight(including Hollow bone structure, adaptation to high velocity and high altitudes, refined metabolism to keep body fit and trim) and his wings posses a flexible structure that allows him to hide them under loose fitting garments.On touch Gabriel can alter the Physical property of matter. This power is taxing and large amounts of inorganic material (or small amounts of organic) cause a stigmata effect, causing him to bleed from his scalp eyes and from under his fingernails.Due to the nature of his primary mutation and psychological trauma suffered as a child, Gabriel suffers from a moderate to severe case of claustrophobia. In tight spaces he can be rendered a nervous wreck, making it all but impossible to utilize his secondary mutation. 
Role in Order/League:One of the founding members, Seraphims abilities lend well to a support role in combat. healing others when need be and altering the landscape in times of need.

Attributes

Strength:1 Speed:4 Intellect:2
Endurance:2 Agility:4 Perception:3

Comments

I hope i did everything right. Please let me know if anything needs to be fixed or rearranged.I also saw that you currently have 5 heroes(counting me, if im accepted) and only two villains.If you would rather I submit a villain I have a concept in mind for that as well.

On another note, I have an alternative power in mind if you don't like the matter manipulation. Solid light armaments.   

edited for brevity.

original artwork by karabiner

Kevben Battleheart

Dossier on Cannonball

Profession:To learn a bit about the humans and why they are still divided instead of working together.
Strengths:

• Superhuman strength and endurance
  • Pyrokinesis
Weaknesses:

• Dangerously cold temperatures
  • Extremely volatile temper
Suspected Origin:His ability to control and use fire is both an inherited gift from his parents and an ability that most, not all, of his race can use. The ability must first be apparent in both parents for the offspring to inherit the gift, and even then its possible that the power might be inert. Also the subject must work at unlocking the gift as it tends to use the subjects only body heat to manifest itself in the first place.

His strength and endurance come from both his suit that he wears, hiding his body from most humans save those he trusts, and the training regiment he went through that would have broken a lesser man, performing acts such as climbing mountains daily, training himself in all forms of combat (although Earth's will be new to him and will make him slightly curious). The suit helps with his strength by using built-in servo's that assist in lifting, throwing and just about every activity that Shas'ler would do.
Power Description:Shas-ler's powers are based on two factors: the environment that currently surrounds him and his own emotions. The stronger his emotions became, the deadlier (and more out of control) his powers become until he turns into something similar to the viking berserker. The environment is another factor to his power. The hotter the better, but should the temperature become cold, as in cold enough to freeze water or worse, his ability with fire starts to worsen and he starts to slow down due to the fact that the suit he wears wasn't meant to operate in cold climates, only warm to tropical and, if he had to, for a short while in lava as well.
Role in Order/League:Shas-ler is what would be called the wrecking crew of the team. You have a building, fortification or just about anything that needs torn down or broken into with force, merely get Shas-ler upset and he'll go storming in till the job is done.

Attributes

Power: 6Speed: 0Intellect: 3
Endurance: 5Agility: 0Perception: 2
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

NileGoddess

Isengrad, if you would like to submit a villain, please feel free. We are a little stacked on the hero side, but I don't want to prevent people from playing the side they want to. While you decide, I will look over your character.

Isengrad

thank you, ill work up my villain concept in the mean time

NileGoddess

Isengrad, your character is approved, but I'd like you to trim the power description a little bit. If you can get it to a paragraph, that'd be great, but just try to go short and sweet.

Also, any further thoughts on what side you want to play?

Isengrad

I will try to trim the powers desc down on him. If we get more villains before we start I would love to go with Seraphim but if need be I just got the concept for The Incubus in my mind, I know how I want to design him and will be presenting him soon after editing Seraphim... in the end, I will go where i am needed.

Isengrad

Dossier on The Incubus

Profession:Exotic night club owner
Strengths:

• Demonic pact
  • Sexual Vampirism
Weaknesses:

• Holy power
  • Sexual dependency
Suspected Origin:Using a black magic summoning ritual, Nathan summoned a Incubus from the depths of hell and forged with it a pact. That was 300 years ago.
Power Description:The Pact with The Incubus gave Nathaniel a Variety of magical abilities. Using his powers he can give power and substance to his words, making them feel life smooth velvet over the skin.. or actually drawing blood with a cutting remark, or take hold of a persons mind with subtle whispers.Able to Inflame a persons libido, tearing down their inhibitions and bending them to his lustful machinations, he uses this to feed upon the sexual energy of those around him and has been able to prolong his life through such feedings. However the Demonic taint upon his soul has left him with other weaknesses,  Holy symbols presented by the truly devout can keep him at bay, and such symbols pressed to his flesh will burn if left their long enough(evident by his scar). Dependent on the sexual energy he takes from others during his regular feedings, if cut off from such after about a week to two weeks he would begin to age rapidly.. however a single feeding is all it takes to restore his body to its youthful appearance.
Role in Order/League:He's more of their indirect fighter, smart cunning and horribly seductive to both sex's (he delights in using his powers to coerce straight men into his bed) He can secure the minds of groups and individuals alike, causing the very people the order is trying to protect to turn against them.

Attributes

Strength:0Speed:3 Intellect:5
Endurance: 1Agility:2 Perception:5

comments

And may I present The Incubus, a seducer of metaphysical power. This would be the guy used to brainwash a captured superhero.

NileGoddess

He looks good Isengrad, but keep in mind people's preferences. You mentioned his joy of snaring straight men, but that can only occur if it's within the realm of ons for the other player.

Isengrad

oh will do, Before anything I always check with my partner... its just a personality quirk.. more to be used with npc's rather then the heroes.

looks like were going to need a big bruiser or two on the villain side as well. .. were stacked up on intellect and a teleporter

swordwind

Dossier on Villain Synapse

Profession:Electrical/Biological Science Engineer
Strengths:

• Electrical Awareness
  • Electrical Discharge
Weaknesses:

• Mass conductors (Bodies of Water, Metal Wiring)
  • Overcharge
Suspected Origin:(Created due to the over zealous workings of a corporate organization. Synapse was formed when the melding of bio-engineered nerve tissue and the human brains electrical impulses. Creating a freak accident that increased poor Dr Telemnar mental facilities to the breaking point.
Power Description:Electrical Awareness: Having created a new form of human awareness Synapse can feel electrical impulses that are around him. From simple bodily functions commanding ones arm to move to thunder storms forming.
Electrical Discharge: Knowing how the body commands the nerves through electrical currents Synapse can command his overcharged brain and body to direct electrical attacks at objects.
Mass Conductors: Synapse has the ability to direct his attacks as a weapon but electrical currents, upon leaving the body, go as they please when given an alternate path. Thus conductors of electrical nature that can contain the surge of power from Synapse remain unharmed.
Overcharge: With his body continuing to emit high levels of electrical energy Synapse has to monitor his body so it will not shut down from over exhaustion. Thus if Synapse goes long periods of time without expending his electrical build up his body has the chance of dieing.     
Role in League:Mastermind. Synapse is a thinker and a planner. Always aware of the thinks going on around him he works to get the Order into a position of weakness and get rid of them once and for all.

Attributes

Strength:0 Speed:2 Intellect:5
Endurance:0 Agility:2 Perception:7

NileGoddess

Sword, could you elaborate what you mean as Mastermind for your character?

swordwind

Grand planner? Preparer of evil deeds? A thinker behind the screens?

NileGoddess

Well, The League already has a leader. Maybe something like a scientist would be more fitting?

esclavage

Adding in my character concept to the mix.  It'll be my first group game so I'm elated and nervous at the same time.

Dossier on Glamorous

Profession:Chemist/Part-Time Hooters Waitress on Weekends
Strengths:

• Incredible Strength
  • Meta-Human Endurance
Weaknesses:

• Extravagant Spending Habits
  • Klutz of Epic Proportions
Suspected Origin:An accident at the respected chemical developer, Sigma-Aldrich, while working overtime in the laboratory for a clandestine operation involving a bubbling beaker of Formula X, some brand-new Jimmy Choo heels, and a damnable crack in the floor tiling that ground maintenance had promised to fix over two months ago.  Though displaying no long-term side-effects and keeping quiet about it since Sigma-Aldrich added an extra zero on her paystub every month, Nicole noticed that she had become ridiculously strong.  The first sign of this was in her new-found ability to pry off those troublesome lids to various vacuum-sealed goods by only using her thumb.
Power Description:She's strong.  Really strong.  The last man to tell her, "You hit like a girl", is still in a full body cast after she flicked him on the forehead and sent him hurtling through a concrete wall.
Role in League:Nicole is the League's muscle.   While she doesn't look that intimidating at 5'6", being able to rip the hinges off a titanium-reinforced safe at a major banking corporation with nothing more than shoving your right hand against it does wonders for your reputation.   She is the go-to-girl in any operation, willing to take on an extra job for a bigger paycheck, and almost perfect for the job--being both strong and expendable.

Attributes

Strength: 8Speed: 0Intellect: 2
Endurance: 4Agility: 0Perception: 2

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

swordwind

Scientist would work just fine. Just need to know if I'm good or not.

NileGoddess

I think he looks good. Post your character sheet in the character thread, and check in at the OOC (both links located on first post of Interest Check). We've just started our first story thread, so please review the contents of the OOC's first post for details, and ask any questions you might have.

Also, still taking applications for both sides, to anyone who is still interested!

NileGoddess

Thank you for the application, dolly!

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by 'wanderer' in Enigma's role in the League?

Isengrad

not like she needs to, if you can bend the minds of normal folk.. you can getwhat you want or need prety easily

Kaisude

I want to join, but I am not sure on the dice system myself. Some quick help and I should have a CS soon.

NileGoddess

What would you like to know about the dice system?

To further applicants: The Order is in need of a leader figure. If you would like to apply, please post accordingly.

Kaisude

How do I roll for the attributes? How many sides and all that. If I can figure this all out, I will apply for the leader of the order. Should be fun.

NileGoddess

You don't roll the attributes, you just pick them, and you can customize your character based off of them. Unless you mean during the roleplay and not the character creation. It's all explained on the first post of this thread (such as the dicebot coding).

Kaisude

Dossier on Night Fox

Profession:Martial Arts Instrucor
Strengths:

• Highly Trained in Mixed Martial Arts
  • Rapid Cell Regeneration
Weaknesses:

• The Opposite Sex
  • Claustrophobic
Suspected Origin:When Teiko was born his mother had been given several performance enhancing drug. Being a General in the Military had its quirks. The drugs were to reduce the amount of pain she would feel, but instead they did nothing for her. The drugs combined and while in the womb Teiko's body absorbed the mixture of the drugs and the combination gave him rapid cell regeneration. After he was born his mother raised him in a military life style and taught him obedience, decorum, and how to lead. While in academy school he got in to a fight Teiko beat the kid up, but suffered a broken nose. On his way to the nurses office he could feel his nose straightening back up, and the blood stopped. From there on he did test on himself to see if he would heal as fast as the first time.
Power Description:Teiko's power works in a multitude of ways. If he is hurt I.E broken bone, cut, or even a bullet wound his body will heal several times faster than a normal humans. It also repairs tears in ligaments, basically anything short of ligament removal it can be heal faster and better than a normal human's body.
Role in Order/League:As the Leader of the Order Teiko along with his comrades helps orchestrate plots and plans to stop the League. He keeps the group together and does his best to make the right decisions for them. Practically a martyr for them as well, being that he has a better chance at surviving than some of the other do. 

Attributes

Strength:2 Speed:4Intellect:2
Endurance:2 Agility:4 Perception:2

Nom De Plume

Dossier on Ice (Colloquially known; Dick Frosty, Bobsleigh or "Bob.")

Profession:Peddler, Pimp, Pharmatician.
Strengths:
    • Atmospheric Hypotemperation
    • Cryogenic Core
    [/list]
    Weaknesses:
      • Snake in the Grass
      • Ice Sculpture
      [/list]
      Suspected Origin:
      Meet Dick. Dick was just a year and a half old when Jamaica's first snowfall arrived. People were delighted for a while... Until the hail rolled in, the fifty-mile winds kicked up and a hurricane formed within a stone's throw of the beach, due to the sudden, localized shift in atmospheric temperature. It wasn't until his father, George Brahms- a convection-stand seller of grilled chicken- put his now solidly-frozen son under the infrared lights he used to keep the chicken warm to "thaw out" did the storm just vanish, leaving most of the island bewildered. It is unclear wether the child originated the storm or vice-versa; his father simply swears by the two-dozen high voltage infrared lights he bolted into his sons cieling after the incident.
      Power Description:
      Both of his latent powers stem from the literal icey stone that is Brahm's heart; his body is suffused with cold energies, and he can effect the climate around him to a radius of several kilometers. He can transmute the rest of his body into solid ice as well, and rebuild his form by shedding and "extracting" water- wether to reconstruct a bit of himself, or to change what he looks like. His body seems to replace these molecules for a synthetic liquid compound that freezes 50 degrees above asbsolute zero. It takes focus, however, not to have the process happen automatically. Radiation, wether from searing heat or intense solar rays, seem to render him more human- attributes, scars, and dismemberments here tend to become more permanent, the body losing the "ties" to these polyids. Heat also "loosens" the polyids- this makes Richard somewhat loopy, and particularly slow on the ball.
      Role in League:
      Works neighborhoods and districts over for money- Utilizing his powers to set siege to their people with golf-ball sized hail and terrible storms. Doubles as a bouncer of sorts for those higher up the food chain.
      Attributes[/font]
      [/font]
      Strength: 2
      Speed: 0
      Intellect: 4
      Endurance: 6
      Agility: 1
      Perception: 4
      [/td][/tr][/table]
      A&A

NileGoddess

Kaisude, your character looks great, but I'm getting some mixed messages. You said he was raised by Yakuza, yet he is the leader of the Order. There's not much in the way of how he acts or how he is as a person, or what his background is in being a hero. I'm being pretty lenient on characters, but I don't think your character suits the role of leader of an organized group of superheroes. You can still play him if you wish and join the game, but the position of leader just might not work out with that build.

Nom, your character also looks good. Something got a little mixed up with your coding though, and there's a bunch of /statements trailing some parts. I will look into that and forward you the fixes, but I'm willing to bet it's probably something simple. The League already has a cold based character, Milady de Winter. Her powers are slightly different in function though, so let me talk it over with the player and see what she thinks. Also, I noticed that you're fairly new to the site, and I'm looking for a pretty considerable effort for this game, not to mention a commitment.

Kaisude

Perhaps I could change around the origin of his powers to make it so he could have leader potential?

Nom De Plume

I don't want to be the cause of any stress, so I'll elaborate: I was versed in RP before coming to Elliquy, and I'm a very competent writer (and modest, too!) At worst you can try me out in some low level missions that you'll set up for practice and if my activity or writing is sub-par, you can just say that I'm not invited to the next. I can manage with a little rejection.
      A&A

NileGoddess

Quote from: Kaisude on August 05, 2011, 12:26:59 PM
      Perhaps I could change around the origin of his powers to make it so he could have leader potential?

If you could, I think that would be great. His overall character doesn't just seem to say 'leader'. Of course, you don't have to take the leader position if you'd rather not.

Quote from: Nom De Plume on August 05, 2011, 07:20:16 PM
      I don't want to be the cause of any stress, so I'll elaborate: I was versed in RP before coming to Elliquy, and I'm a very competent writer (and modest, too!) At worst you can try me out in some low level missions that you'll set up for practice and if my activity or writing is sub-par, you can just say that I'm not invited to the next. I can manage with a little rejection.

Okay! I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't your first time or anything. As long as you have had past experience, then that's fine.

Kaisude

I would love to be the leader, and I made an edit. It's rather vague, but I hope it's what you are looking for.

NileGoddess

Nom, I've decided against bringing in another ice character for The League. The game's not nearly large enough where duplicate powers wouldn't be much of an issue. Did you have any other character builds in mind?

Nom De Plume

I could probably write dear old Jones in as some sort of Overseeing Power for the Order, to fill that leader gap you seem to have.
      A&A

NileGoddess

Kaisude, he looks a lot better now. Sounds more like a leader should, or at least he has the capacity to lead. Go ahead and post him in the character thread and check in on the OOC. Both are linked on the first post.

Nom, since Kaisude was here first, he has first choice. If you want to generate another character, please feel free to do so.

Nom De Plume

Learned that I'm going to leave for a week sometime soon, so I'll play it safe and just pull out for now. Maybe you'll need me later, who knows?  XD
      A&A

NileGoddess

I see. If you wish to apply again when you have more time, please feel free to do so.

Latooni Subota

Hope you don't find me annoying, but I'm just pointing out that Dirigible wanted to be a possible Leader too, way back on the first page. Why not have them work together as co-leaders? After all, good guys work together, right? Just my two cents.

I'm currently trying to think up a concept for a League-er. :3
      ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

NileGoddess

Dirigible has since left the game due to other commitments, but thanks for the input.

Latooni Subota

Oh! That's a shame, I liked his character. But yeah, I'm thinking the League needs a token 'failure' villain, who's only on the team because it's better than having the Order possibly rehabilitate her. Still trying to think up a good mix of powers/weaknesses though.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Isengrad

Just letting you know, At this point the league has a lot of planers.. a speedster or a powerhouse is always appreciated. but please make the character you want ^^

Latooni Subota

Yeah, I noticed. THough it totally fits that the league has like, four super-smarty-devious types that will PROBABLY end up at each other's throats over little things. I don't often play smartypants superheroes unless I'm using an Inventor/Battlesuit-type anyways, and I'm not doing that this time I think :O

esclavage

Quote from: Latooni Subota on August 07, 2011, 03:58:48 PM
      Oh! That's a shame, I liked his character. But yeah, I'm thinking the League needs a token 'failure' villain, who's only on the team because it's better than having the Order possibly rehabilitate her. Still trying to think up a good mix of powers/weaknesses though.

What, Glamorous doesn't count?  Guess that means I need to try harder.   ;) ;D

Though in the same vein, love to see what you'll come up with.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
      They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
      Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
      Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Latooni Subota

Actually, I was thinking Glamorous and my girl could team up on street level capers! Let me post her up and I'll explain why! If Glamorous is the 'Sword', then Miss Hyde can be the 'Shield'! :O

Dossier on Miss Hyde

Profession:Unemployed
      Strengths:

• Drug-Induced Tactile Telekinesis
      • Drug-Induced Telekinesis
      Weaknesses:

• Serum Dependance
      • Greedy
      Suspected Origin:All in all, Lucy is exceptionally normal. She lived a regular life with regular parents in a regular neighborhood at regular schools. It wasn't until she contracted a unique and debilitating disease that she became something special. Named Laplace Syndrome, her body seemed to just start breaking down all on it's own from the inside-out. An experimental drug from a League-owned corporation helped her condition, but an accidental overdose forced a change in her brain chemistry, throwing her into a wild rage and revealing amazing powers! Since then, she obeys the League in order to continue to get the medicine that keeps her alive. Well, that and pay is good. And have you SEEN how pretty the League members are?!
      Power Description:Her Serum, when given to her in a highly concentrated dosage, accelerates her unique brain chemistry and grants her telekinetic powers. Her tactile telekinesis makes her body near-invulnerable to traditional sources of damage, as well as enhances her strength . . sort of. With enough focus she can use her telekinesis to fling objects at people, and fly! . . well . . if you call flinging yourself into the air flight. Sadly, the powers have a rather random time limit, lasting anywhere between 10 minutes to an hour per dose. It is an experimental drug after all.
      Role in Order/League:Ms. Hyde is just another loyal minion to the League. She assists in street-level capers, lending a little muscle where necessary. Not only that but she makes a brilliant human shield! . . for a limited amount of time.

Attributes

Strength: +4Speed: +2Intellect: 0
      Endurance: +8Agility: +2Perception: 0

Isengrad

Oh, The moment I read her I thought of Elfen Lied, and wonderful selection for the name. Really if i were to make a second Villain it would have been hyde ^^

Latooni Subota

I was tired of looking for images that specifically fit random concepts and ideas, then I took a break and looked over my collection of old playstation games, and saw a copy of Galerians. My brain immediately went into overdrive and thought up Miss Hyde. I'm happy I came up with her. :D

NileGoddess

Well, I don't think anything looks out of place, and everything else looks good, so why don't you go ahead and post her in the character thread? Also, please check in at the OOC and familiarize yourself with the story so far and how everything works. Both links are at the beginning of this thread. Any questions, feel free to send them my way.

Latooni Subota

Thankies! If I have any questions, I'll be sure to poke at you. :D

EbonyQueen

I have actually lurked a time or two in this interest thread and found... Heck the mix of characters and the idea are quite neat. I have a bit of an opening in group-game time that I have allotted for myself and have several different character 'ideas' that I could ponder on, but I wanted to ask if there was a specific need in either Order or the League for a certain type of character?

I could easily construct a Heroine or Villianess. I am just wondering if there is a real need in either faction for a specific type of character before I get -too- far ahead of myself.

NileGoddess

At this point, we have equal players in The Order and The League, EbonyQueen, so if you wish to make a heroine or a villainess, it is up to you. Thanks for the interest!

Kaisude

I am sorry to waste your time Nile, but I have to recline myself from this RP. My activity here will lesson and I don't want to hinder this rp due to lack of a leader. My apologies again.

NileGoddess

Sorry to hear that Kaisude. Thank you for the interest anyway.

To all further applicants, the position for Leader of the The Order is once again open. The League currently has +2 members over The Order, so Order members at this time are preferred.

EbonyQueen

Dossier on Lady Onyx

Profession:City Politician
      Strengths:

• Flight
      • Enhanced Durability
      Weaknesses:

• Weakness to Extreme Cold: Do to her physiology extreme cold causes the tight bonds between cells that give her the superhuman strength and endurance she enjoys to weaken progressively over time.
      • Code of Ethics: She will -always- risk herself to save an innocent. Nor will she attack an enemy at a severe disadvantage, leaving her open to being exploited easily in those situations.
      Suspected Origin:Metahuman; Showed signs of inhuman strength and durability at a very young age.
      Power Description:Her body is naturally more resilient to damage from a combination of ultra-dense bone and a cellular structure that is bound together by the type of covalent bonds found in substances like titanium giving her a skin which could easily rival the strongest of metals. Her muscle likewise became very tightly packed cellular wise giving her incredible strength to go along with her durability. Her natural flight ability is a bit of a mystery, but it is thought that somehow the polarity of her cells can change just enough to cause a sort of magnetic 'levitation' and propulsion.
      Role in Order/League:Leader: She has been 'wearing tights' for quite a long time. While only a few ever knew her identity she was an active super-heroine as far back as the 1960's quickly becoming notable. She was one of the first -truly- high profile heroes. The fact that she was a black female she became a role model for many, a sex symbol for others. Now that she is older her powers have not faded all that much, though she has slowed somewhat physically she is still quite powerful. Her experience, and levelheadedness makes for a perfect leader.

Attributes

Strength: 6Speed:0Intellect: 2
      Endurance: 6Agility: 0Perception: 2

Aurora Wayland

NileGoddess

Yes. The League has +1 on the Order, but I'm allowing for a +2 max on either side, so we have room for characters on either side as of this moment.

Aurora Wayland

*Taps Chin* Hmm. Ill think of a character, and probably post 1 tomorrow, if that is ok.

NileGoddess

Yes, that'd be fine. Just be sure to keep yourself flexible, as I can't guarantee a side if anyone else applies in the meantime and weighs one side too heavily.

The Leader position for The Order has been filled.

TheVillain

An idea I've been fiddling with, let me know if you like and where we can go from here.

Dossier on Poison

Alignment:The League. Poison is a vengeful and angry woman who views the League as little more then a source of resources for her private vendetta, but she recognizes the value of teamwork against the forces of Law and Order. She isn't the most loyal of the members of the League, and doesn't particularly care about whether or not they achieve world domination, but she knows a good deal when she sees one and the League has things to offer her that she likes very much.
      Profession:Physician, specializing in theoretical biochemistry and theoretical biophysics.
      Strengths:

• Due to extensive gene therapy and physical acclimation, Poison has conditioned her body to be immune to most poisons, toxins, and venoms.
      • Poison is a scientific genius whose civilian identity is considered an expert in biochemistry and biophysics, especially as it applies to how living things process poisons, drugs, and toxins.
      Weaknesses:

• Aside from an immune system so powerful that it can handle WMD-class Biological and Chemical weapons, Poison's body is otherwise completely normal for a human being.
      • When Poison sets her sights on a goal, she becomes focused and determined to the point of derangement. Whether the goal is to further her research or kill dozens of people, she'll ignore even basic bodily needs and threats to her safety in pursuit of these goals. Sufficiently stealthy or unplanned for actions can surprise her.
      Suspected Origin:Poison got her powers the old fashioned way, by studying and working for them. She has subjected herself to radical experiments simply to further science. In short, she's earned her abilities by virtue of her genius-level intellect.
      Power Description:Her only real power of her super-immune system was bought and paid for with slow and painful acclimation combined with radical gene therapy. Otherwise her powers work from her research into poisons, toxins, and venoms. Poison has a chemical for every occasion, whether it's to gas a crowd of people to sleep so she can rob a bank, or to inject a single person so that they die screaming.
      Role in Order/League:A bit of a loose cannon in League terms, she mostly acts as the group's physician. For a bit of money or a favor, she'll set bones and cure diseases or any of a wide variety of medical services. Then she'll go out and gas a boardroom because the CEO pissed her off and giggle as she watches them die.

Attributes

Strength: 0Speed: 2Intellect: 8
      Endurance: 0Agility: 2Perception: 4
      My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
      Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Latooni Subota

Hoo! That'd be an interesting Wild Card. The only person with enough defensive oomph to try and tank SUPERGENIUS POISONS AND CRAZY STUFF is Hyde . . . that's a bad sign. XD

TheVillain

Personally, I giggle that (Poison in a building + getting her hands on a janitor's cart of cleaning chemicals = "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!") :P
      Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Aurora Wayland

Dossier on Aurora Wayland

Profession:High School Student
      Strengths:

• Able to Mimic Others Powers
      Weaknesses:

• No Moral compass
      • Has no super powers on her own.
      Suspected Origin: Born into A dysfunctional home, Aurora's gifted eyes quickly branded her as a freak. At age 13 she ran away from home, living off the street and trying to avoid being raped. As she turned sixteen she was found by the Order and ushered into their 'youth' program. It is there that she is trained in how to use her eyes and given some resemblance of a family.
      Power Description:Aurora's Eyes can mimic others powers. She has to be able to see them used and even then its only for short durations.
      Role in Order/League:As a 'youth' in training, the young girl is normally left out of major conflicts and is treated more like the appropriate High School student that she is.

Attributes

Strength: 0 Speed: 2 Intellect: 4
      Endurance: 1 Agility: 4 Perception:6

NileGoddess

TheVillain, you'll have to pick a side and commit; none of this in between stuff.  The back story is pretty good as far as I can see, but I'm not too keen on having a character join a side just to use them for personal gain. It sounds like it could disrupt the intended nature of the game.

Aurora, I'll need to see more in the Role section, as there's not enough to really get a sense for why a high school student is even in The Order, powers or not. Also, I will need some more elaboration on your part about her powers. How effective is the power she acquires from others? Does the person have to be using it, or can they just be standing there and it would have no effect? This could be a pretty significant weakness, as all it would take is someone with a weapon not using their powers to subdue her.

TheVillain

Aww. The way I was reading the game it would definitely give things an extra level of complication and intrigue that would be fun. Alright, I'll give her a push in the League's direction but understand she probably won't be the most loyal of the members. Or the most sane. :P

NileGoddess

TheVillain

NileGoddess

Better. You can post her in the character thread, linked on the opening post.

At this time, the League has +1 characters over the Order. Characters of either side are accepted at this time, until a +2 difference occurs.

Nykteus

Dossier on Величество (Majesty)

Profession:Hacker
      Strengths:

• Holographic Nervous System: Majesty possesses a highly developed nervous system, which is augmented by additional "brains" that exist within the nuclei of his cells. His intellect is virtually unrivalled, and the processing speed of his decentralised nervous system is far beyond any creature that relies entirely on a brain.
      • Electromagnetokinesis: Majesty's body generates large amounts of electromagnetic energy, which he can discharge in various ways. The nature of his psionic control over his own energy also allows him to manipulate outside electromagnetic phenomena, such as the Earth's magnetic field and cosmic rays.
      Weaknesses:

• Psychological Instability: The unique nature of Majesty's mind coupled with his disturbing upbringing in a Soviet research facility has left him quite insane, although in his own peculiar manner. He is always extremely paranoid, and usually quite emotionally distant, though during times of distress he can be prone to manic depressive mood swings that can make him quite unpredictable. He regulates his condition with proprietary medication, the dependence on which keeps him wary of overusing his own abilities.
      • Obsession: Despite appearing to be an apathetic, ruthless individual, Majesty has a deep sense of compassion, and will never hesitate to protect the innocent, though he doesn't think of himself as a hero. While many of his actions would be illegal or unethical, and he has a tendency to treat his allies as weapons and tools in his possession, he is unwavering in devotion to his own ethos. He never cares what others think of him, for good or ill, and he is driven by a deep sense of pride that often makes it impossible for him to admit defeat or accept his own limitations, regardless of how much danger he is in.
      Suspected Origin:Majesty is the product of a Cold War era program initiated by the Soviet Union, designed to use eugenics and bioengineering to create a superhuman capable of ending the nuclear arms race by rendering such weapons obsolete.
      Power Description:Majesty's cellular structure is such that every cell in his body serves as part of his neural network, possessing an autonomous control centre that can still contribute to the total processing power of his mind. A byproduct of this mutation is that his intelligence is far beyond the capacity of any human.
      Role in Order:Majesty's role is that of a strategist, compiling information from various sources in order to plan operations for his allies. His intellect allows him to process vast quantities of data with superhuman processing speeds, which makes him an ideal battlefield coordinator, although he can have difficulty given that he requires the implicit trust of his comrades, given that any advantages he provides hinge on being able to give strategic input without having to waste the time to explain his plans.

Attributes

Strength: 0Speed: 2Intellect: 8
      Endurance: 0Agility: 2Perception: 4