Dragonlance: Prelude to War [PFRPG] (interest check)

Started by Andi, April 22, 2013, 11:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

Quote from: Muse on April 28, 2013, 04:55:59 PM
Her life's quest involves researching non-violent uses of alchemy.  (Not that she neglects the violent ones!) 
... I am now having this quote in my head, and I cannot get rid of it. "Explosions! Gotta have more explosions!" - spoken, of course, by a gnome. ^^;

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on April 28, 2013, 03:55:35 PM
No promises.  *hands Thorne a tea cup* I just happened to find this in my bag.  I was hoping that you could help me find its owner.

I was looking for that! Thanks!
Did you find the tea pot, too? If so, we could have tea. ^^
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Thorne on April 28, 2013, 06:47:54 PM
... I am now having this quote in my head, and I cannot get rid of it. "Explosions! Gotta have more explosions!" - spoken, of course, by a gnome. ^^;

I was looking for that! Thanks!
Did you find the tea pot, too? If so, we could have tea. ^^

Oh, I'm so glad that I could get that back for you, then!  *smiles happily*

Tea pot, you say?  *starts looking in bag and pulls one out*  Will this do?  I found this down the road a bit and I thought it might come in handy.
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

Thorne

Excellent! Tea time. Anyone else want a cup? ^.^
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Muse

Why please, m'lady. 

I brought sugar if you need some? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Looks like witches prepare arcane spells.  Would a witch be okay?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Andi

Hm. Witches also get their powers as a result of a bargain with a higher / outside power. Then again, nothing says the three gods of magic don't do that sort of thing on occasion. I'd certainly consider such a character.

Blinkin

This is a rough draft. I need to do a description and so on and the equipment isn't done, but just to ive an idea of what I'm leaning toward...

Tari

Name: Tari Gravante         Player: Blinkin
Race: Human            Sex: Female
Class: Swashbuckler            Favored Class: Rogue
Level: 1            EXP: 000
Alignment: CG         Next Level: 2,000

Physical Description:

Personality:

Background:

Ability Scores:
STR: 13 (+1)   Carry: Light: 50   Moderate: 51-100      Heavy: 101-150
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 13 (+1)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 14 (+1)

Saving Throws:         Combat:
Fort: +1         HP: 10/10
Reflex: +4         Init: +4
Will: +3         Speed: 30’

Offense:            Defense:
Base Attack:+1            DEF: 14
TAB: +5            DEF (Flatfooted): 10
Ranged: +5               DR: 4
CMB:+2            CMD: +13
DEF(Special):  +4 vs AAO’s

Class Skills:
9   Acrobatics (DEX (3+4+1+1)
4   Appraise (Int) (3+1
9      Bluff (CHR) (2+3+2+1+1)
4      Climb (Str) (3+1
7      Disable Device (Dex) (3+4
8      Diplomacy (CHA) (2+3+2+1)
5      Disguise (CHA) (3+2
7      Escape Artist ((3+4
5      Perception(WIS) (3+1)+1)
6      Perform; Dance (CHA) (3+2+1)
4      Profession; Sailor (WIS) (3+1)
6      Sense Motive (CHA) (3+2+1)
8      Sleight of Hand (Dex) (3+4+1)
8      Stealth (Dex) (3+4+1)
4      Swim (Str) (3+1)
6      Use Magical Device (CHA) 3+2+1)

Languages: Common, Solonic

Feats:
(CF=Class Feature, RT=Rogue Talent)

Exotic Weapon Proficiency; Whip
Fast Learner (Gain +1 HP & Skill Point instead of one or the other)
CF-Sneak attack (1d6)
RTWeapon Finesse (Combat Trick)
RT-Mobility (Combat Trick)
CF-Martial Weapon; crossbow

Racial/class traits
Silver Tongued (Racial Subtype): +2 to Bluff & Diplomacy. May shift attitude by 3 levels instead of 2. Replaces “Skills”
Blade Bravato (+1 Acrobatics and bluff)
Prehensile Whip: May use a whip like a rope with gragrappling hook

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Character Concept

Weston Grant

A cavalier who was assigned to protect the people on the ship by his father, a high-ranking good hearted knight(and one of the few left). All his life he has been told and taught the right path of honor and valor. Defend those that can not defend themselves. Lead by example, work towards ensuring that everyone leads long happy lives free of danger. Combining this with a good heart, it was a path he easily embraced with passion.

In his youth, he was his father's squire, his duties and training were something he actually enjoyed, eagerly awaiting the day when he was ready to be a hero like his father. One of his father's main lessons that was repeated to him again and again, was of constant vigilance. To always be alert for threats against good and fair people, as well as the importance of fighting governmental corruption with subtlety. 

His father staying behind to continue to work against the corruption in the knightly orders while he heads off on the ship to found a new world. A new world that will be free from corruption and greed, with laws to prevent such from taking hold again.

AndyZ

I keep toying with ideas and none of them seem to pan out.  Maybe a magus...
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Andi

If no one else wants to cooperate, try for a straight wizard? :)

Now that I've had some time to think it over. Not a magus? Nor, for that matter, any other non-full-progression arcanist? I cannot see how the Tower mages would ever let any of those dabblers pass their Test in that era, and playing a renegade is a good way to be hunted down and killed.

Devil's Advocate

Alright, I've got a start to my kender rogue.  After all, what else would a kender be?  Of course, he's on wanderlust because why else would be a kender be out on the road at this stage?

Shioki Thistleknott

Name: Shioki Thistleknott      Player: Devil's Advocate
Race: Kender                         Sex: Male
Class: Rogue                         Favored Class: Rogue (+1 skill)
Level: 1                                 Hit Points: 10
Hair: Long, braided, copper colored and knotted on top of head,  Eye color: ice blue

STR: 10 (-2 race) = 8
INT:  13
WIS: 8
CON: 14
DEX: 16 (+2 race) = 18
CHA: 16 (+2 race) = 18

Skills:

Acrobatics:            1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Bluff:                     1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Diplomacy:            1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Disable Device:     1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Escape Artist:       1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Intimidate:            1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Perception:           1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Slight of Hand:      1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Stealth:                 1 + 3 (class skill) =4
Use Magic Device: 1 + 3 (class skill) =4

Feats: Antagonize

Traits: Affable and Fast-talker

Equipment/Armor/Weapons:

Studded Leather - 25gp (240-25=215)
Hoopak - 20 gp (215-20=195)
Thieves' Tools, Masterwork (195-100=95)
Flint and Steel (95-1=94)
Vial of Ink (94-8=86)
20 sling bullets (86-.2=85.8)
4 daggers (85.8-8=77.8)
10 sheets of parchment (77.8-2=75.8)
2 ink pens (75.8-.2=75.6)
Backpack (75.6-2=73.6)
2 belt pouches (73.6-2=71.6)
2 map cases (71.6-2=69.6)
Small steel mirror (69.6-10=59.6)
50 foot silk rope (59.6-10=49.6)
6 days of trail rations (49.6-3=46.6)
10 candles (46.6-.1=46.5)
1 chunk of meat (46.5-.3=46.2)
2 chunks of cheese (46.2-.2=46)
2 waterskins (46-2=44)
1 bedroll (44-.1=43.9)
3 empty flasks (43.9-.09=43.81)
1 common lamp (43.81-.1=43.71)
1 piece of chalk (43.71-.01=43.7)
1 signet ring (43.7-5=38.7)
caltrops (38.7-1=37.7)
10 foot chain (37.7-30=7.7)
1 grappling hook (7.7-1=6.7)
sealing wax (6.7-1=5.7)
1 bell (5.7-1=4.7)

Personality: Shioki is a typical kender.  He is particularly affable and is the first person to introduce himself.  He attempts to become friends with just about anyone and everyone.  He is extremely curious and being fearless, often finds himself in situations that might be uncomfortable or dangerous to his companions without the intention of ever doing so.  He is extremely loyal to his friends and attaches to them tightly.  When bored, though, he is most dangerous as he will try to find ways to alleviate it, which is dangerous for anyone in his vicinity as he can become something akin to a rabid animal.

Background: Shioki would be happy to claim that Uncle Trapspringer is only five generations away from him on his mother's side.  Now, 20 years old, wanderlust has hit Shioki and he has set to find his way in the world, map-making along the way.  However, Shioki is slightly different than most kender.  He is particular about the items that he borrows.  He is constantly looking for the things that are completely unique and rare, and will not stop until he has found a rare and unique item, which has never truly been "borrowed" before.   

O/o's

A/a's

Andi

IF I have not miscounted and forgotten anyone, so far, I have 3 melee types (one of them a rogue), 1 alchemist, 1 kender turned in, with 1 arcanist of some stripe pending inspiration. That seems like a good set... almost like a Wizardry group :)

Devil's Advocate

Forgot anything?  I can't imagine what.  Oooh.  What's that sparkly thingy?  *moves over to inspect the shiny*
O/o's

A/a's

Muse

Sorry I took so long on Nixia.  Is that okay? 

I decided to go the whole enchildada and make her life's quest be to research alchemical healing.  ^_^;; 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=561225

Blinkin

I thought that life quest were suppose to be something generations long with a defined end point. Something like create a conveyance device that bends light in order to go to the moons without actually traveling out of the room on the 332nd level of Mt. nevermind... ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'll hopefully have my Cavalier done sometime today(or very early tomorrow).

Edit: Oh and speaking of, which Orders out of Order of the Shield and Order of the Sword would fit better in the campaign setting? The one I was thinking of going with was Order of the Shield.

Muse

Is it too late to put up a white robed wizard instead? 

It looks like Andy isn't interested in one.  And I didn't realize we didn't have one when I started my gnome. 

Muse

Will edit in some history after dinner.  She's the daughter of Sir Luthien, a knight of midling nobility.  She's been sent away on the polite pretext of going to the Tower of High Sorcery in preparation for the test. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=562331

Blinkin

Just an FYI. I may disappear for a few days. I'm having significant computer trouble and if I can't fix it myself, it may be going off to a reapir shop in hopes that I can save the old POS. If I disappear, I'll be back ASAP.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Andi

Muse, that's fine. Blinkin, all right. I was planning on vetting sheets (and asking for sheets) over the next few days, and get started this weekend.

Muse

Sweet. 

I'm going to be scarce for the next two days myself. 

EroticFantasyAuthor

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on April 30, 2013, 04:08:53 PM
Edit: Oh and speaking of, which Orders out of Order of the Shield and Order of the Sword would fit better in the campaign setting? The one I was thinking of going with was Order of the Shield.

<Points to questions>  ;D

Andi

EFA: I think both are perfectly good choices, although I would have to rename the Order of the Sword. There is an established knightly order with that name in-world, and they are /extremely/ picky about membership (as in, impossible to meet prereqs before level 5 or so.)

EroticFantasyAuthor

I was leaning towards Order of the Shield any way.

Now the next question for the DM when building a Cavalier. How viable is mounted combat going to be in the campaign? More outdoor encounters or more indoor encounters?