Man Rewards Devotion with Small Prick

Started by Scribbles, December 06, 2009, 03:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scribbles

Link to News Item

I was just so disgusted by this…

She opted to stay with him, to keep their family together, and he rewards this by making her HIV-positive?

Not only was his plan a big flop, taking into account his jail term, but he ripped the family apart just for sex?
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Talia

"All he said [was] he was sorry. He said, 'I used needles on you because I wanted you to be the same as me so that you can live with me and you won't leave me'," she said in a statement.

This article as really pissed me off. The guy wouldn't see the light of day, or have to worry about dying of aids....I'd kill him! That's just me.

But seriously......

"The wife said she wanted to stay with her husband for the sake of their children but refused to have sex with him for fear of contracting the disease.

But she said that in May last year she found "a sting-like mark" on her left thigh and two days later awoke to a stinging feeling in her leg.
She said she also saw her husband handling a syringe full of his blood."

The whole article sounds kinda stupid. How do you prick someone with a sewing needle and not feel it even if awake or asleep?? It would seem to me that you have to to penetrate the skin somewhat deeply...no?

I'm just glad the kids aren't infected..... although they will be dealing with emotional scars for the rest of their lives, due to the ridiculous actions of their father.
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.
Imagine what he would do to me if he smiled!

Smile... it's the second best thing to do with your lips.

On's & Off's
The Oath of Drake for Group RP's
A&A

Will

I have to wonder how he contracted it to begin with, when she wasn't infected... I assume he was cheating.  I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea that he cheated on his wife, contracted HIV, and his wife STILL stayed with him.  I understand doing it for the kids, believe me, but that is insane.  This whole story is just crazy.

Also, I believe I would probably kill him too.  With something heavy and blunt.  Aluminum baseball bat, possibly.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Rora

Okay I have a kid, I can kinda see where she is coming from. That being said it is extremely dangerous to allow him to be in the same house as the kids because it sounds as though he is extremely reckless and dangerous. Priking her in her sleep...that would have been one dead motherfucker when I woke up...that's for sure! Clearly he is out of his mind or something...

Trieste

Quote from: A Welcomed Decoration on December 06, 2009, 07:34:57 AM
The whole article sounds kinda stupid. How do you prick someone with a sewing needle and not feel it even if awake or asleep?? It would seem to me that you have to to penetrate the skin somewhat deeply...no?

It just needs access to the blood stream. The inner thigh, he was probably going for the artery that was close to the surface. It really depends on how deeply asleep the person is, and if they were drugged. For all we know she takes Ambien CR and wouldn't wake if someone rang a fire alarm by her head. Sewing needles are also finer and sharper than, say, sewing pins. That's why home remedy logic has you lance things with a needle as opposed to a pin (though a pin will do in a pinch).

I knew a woman whose mother woke up once with multiple brown recluse bites... she had one by her eyebrow, one near her temple, one on her cheek, and then bites down her arm; it looked like the spider had just walked along her body while she slept, freaking out and biting her whenever she twitched in her sleep. She said she didn't even wake up in the night, and only noticed it in the morning.

How horrifying that someone would do that to their wife. If this woman dies of AIDS, that man should be tried for premeditated murder.

Talia

Quote from: Trieste on December 06, 2009, 05:45:52 PM
It just needs access to the blood stream. The inner thigh, he was probably going for the artery that was close to the surface. It really depends on how deeply asleep the person is, and if they were drugged. For all we know she takes Ambien CR and wouldn't wake if someone rang a fire alarm by her head. Sewing needles are also finer and sharper than, say, sewing pins. That's why home remedy logic has you lance things with a needle as opposed to a pin (though a pin will do in a pinch).

I knew a woman whose mother woke up once with multiple brown recluse bites... she had one by her eyebrow, one near her temple, one on her cheek, and then bites down her arm; it looked like the spider had just walked along her body while she slept, freaking out and biting her whenever she twitched in her sleep. She said she didn't even wake up in the night, and only noticed it in the morning.

How horrifying that someone would do that to their wife. If this woman dies of AIDS, that man should be tried for premeditated murder.

Thanks for helping me understand the sewing needle pricking. I also agree with the last statement as well.

Yes, it would be nice to get an update on this article, find out what happens to this ass hole. The entire article, aside from pissing me off, arroused more questions than it actual addresses.
He looks at me and my heart starts skipping beats, my face starts to glow and my eyes start to twinkle.

On's & Off's
A&A

Will

Quote from: A Welcomed Decoration on December 07, 2009, 05:22:02 PM
Yes, it would be nice to get an update on this article, find out what happens to this ass hole. The entire article, aside from pissing me off, arroused more questions than it actual addresses.

That was my reaction as well... It's just all so crazy, I really feel like I need to know more just to get a better grasp on the circumstances.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Talia

Seriously....This guy would be wearing his ass hole as a neck collar and wishing his knee caps were shoulder pads....That's just how I roll!

Quote from: Ghost of Will Yet to Come on December 06, 2009, 12:38:25 PM
Also, I believe I would probably kill him too.  With something heavy and blunt.  Aluminum baseball bat, possibly.

Bring you and your bat!   ;D

On's & Off's
A&A

Oniya

Quote from: A Welcomed Decoration on December 07, 2009, 05:22:02 PM
Thanks for helping me understand the sewing needle pricking. I also agree with the last statement as well.

I recall seeing a Forensics Files or other non-fiction show about a woman who had gotten injected deliberately with contaminated blood (ended up with HIV and Hep-C if I recall the details correctly).  I think the ass in that question (an ex-lover who had drawn the blood from two of his patients) got accused of premeditated murder even though she hadn't died yet.  *will have to do research*

Edit:  Not only accused, but apparently convicted and upheld. (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97856&page=1 )
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Scribbles

Quote from: Oniya on December 08, 2009, 11:05:13 AMNot only accused, but apparently convicted and upheld. (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97856&page=1 )

I can't tell who is worse between the articles. What is wrong with these people?
AA and OO

Trieste

Quote from: Oniya on December 08, 2009, 11:05:13 AM
Edit:  Not only accused, but apparently convicted and upheld. (http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=97856&page=1 )

I read about that. The technology applied was pretty fascinating. It was relevant to us because of the criminal applications.

Oniya

Quote from: Scribbles on December 08, 2009, 11:58:17 AM
I can't tell who is worse between the articles. What is wrong with these people?

I'd rank the man in the Trahan case (Schmidt) slightly worse, although it's the difference between a turd and diarrhea.  The New Zealand man was acting with the professed desire to enable them to have sex again, and Schmidt was simply acting with the intent of 'spoiling' her for anyone else.  Also, Schmidt sought out someone else's infected blood to use as his weapon - he was perfectly healthy - where the New Zealand man used his own.  If not for the forensics, Schmidt would have gone on to live a full life, where the New Zealand man has a death sentence no matter how the courts rule.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Scribbles

Quote from: Oniya on December 08, 2009, 12:26:30 PM
I'd rank the man in the Trahan case (Schmidt) slightly worse, although it's the difference between a turd and diarrhea.  The New Zealand man was acting with the professed desire to enable them to have sex again, and Schmidt was simply acting with the intent of 'spoiling' her for anyone else.  Also, Schmidt sought out someone else's infected blood to use as his weapon - he was perfectly healthy - where the New Zealand man used his own.  If not for the forensics, Schmidt would have gone on to live a full life, where the New Zealand man has a death sentence no matter how the courts rule.

True. It's unfortunate they can't give Schmidt a taste of his own medicine. It still makes me want to pull out my hair when I think that he did it because she wouldn't be his silent mistress and that he felt while she should leave her husband, he gets to keep his wife. How selfish can you get?
AA and OO