News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest check: Skyrim

Started by applesauce, August 09, 2011, 05:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

applesauce

With the eldar scrolls: skyrim coming to dawn on fans on 11/11/11, would anyone be up for a freeform skyrim rp? :) Instead of one person, we could have a group of dragon-borns who come together in a prison, escaping to discover (somehow) the same plot as skyrim?

Plot
Skyrim is not a direct sequel to Oblivion; rather, it is a new chapter in the Elder Scrolls series, set two hundred years after the events of Oblivion.[14] In the preamble to Skyrim, the Empire began ceding territory to the Elven nations it once ruled, because there was no heir to the Emperor's throne. The Blades had no one to defend, and gradually died, were murdered, or secluded themselves from the rest of the world.[14] After the king of Skyrim was assassinated, a civil war broke out amongst the native Nord race – the majority being those who wished for Skyrim to secede from the Empire, and the rest being those who wished for Skyrim to stay in the Empire.[15]
As with previous Elder Scrolls games, Skyrim begins with the player character as an unknown prisoner, on the way to their own execution.[15] The player eventually learns that Skyrim's civil war is last in a sequence of prophetic events foretold by the Elder Scrolls, which also foretell of the return of Alduin, the Nordic god of destruction. Taking the form of a gigantic dragon, Alduin is prophesied to consume the world with his servants, the Jills (a race of black dragons). The player character is the last Dovahkiin (Dragonborn), a dragon hunter anointed by the gods to help fend off the threat Alduin poses to Skyrim and Tamriel. Aiding the player is Esbern (voiced by Max von Sydow), one of the last Blades.[14]

(Wikipedia)

SargentToughie

*raises hand*

Call me interested I always love making up some kind of excuse for why my lawful good, heavily armored, sword swinger is in prison when the game begins.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Aurora Wayland

Count me in! I love the Elder Scrolls Series.

Primarch

Revenent

Well, I was thinking about starting up an Elder Scrolls RP on here at some point, and I actually managed to get out of the opening dungeon in Daggerfall, so clearly I'm interested. And since it's in Skyrim, seems like a good opportunity to bring in a Nord character of mine. :-)

Quick question, though: with Skyrim still a ways off, does that mean you're just going to be coming up with your own original story path after they escape from prison, outside of the main goal of "kill this bad guy"?

elfguy

Loved the Elder Scrolls games, so count me interested.
----

Iridescent Raven

I love the Elder Scrolls games, definitely count me in.  :-)

Snark

Hmm gender ratio is looking a bit skewed already but I'm in if you'll have me.

Aurora Wayland

I have no problems creating female characters. In fact, I prefer it.

SargentToughie

I could make a female character as well, though I think I'd prefer male for this RP. I suppose it all depends on how many characters we are allowed, a rule that I always ensure that I make the most use of by making the maximum possible characters.

There are some people that don't do that though, people who have the whole 'female authors only' thing in their request thread, I see them all the time. He might just be one of them.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revenent

I'll just make whatever's necessary as well, especially if multiple characters are allowed. I'd rather write my characters for the RP's sake than their own.

Iridescent Raven

I prefer playing as a female character, but for what ever reason, if we need more males, I would not mind playing as one.

NicciKotor

Yeah I would prefer playing a female character as well, for obvious reasons.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Kate

love to play.

Just give us a character template / tell us where you want to post our characters and we will be away

SargentToughie

Well... Since Applesauce hasn't posted in this thread since it got kicked up, and I really don't want to see this RP die before it even gets off the ground.

How about this, folks, I'll give the GM two days before I jump in the commander's seat myself.
Ons and offs

Kate

Aurora Wayland

Primarch

Iridescent Raven

Kate

well while waiting lets post our character concepts here and at least have a discussion to keep the thread alive and in everyone's awareness.

Healthy threads are not ones with the best inspiration (but it helps) but the ones that move.

SargentToughie

That's an awesome point, actually. So tell me, since it looks like the real GM has gone AWOL, is there anything in particular that you guys want to do with this RP? Any settings you'd like to explore, scenarios you'd like to see played out?

We've got bucket loads of lore to work with here.
Ons and offs

Revenent

Well, what limitations would you be setting as GM for locations? Am I to assume we're sticking mostly to Skyrim for plot purposes, except for maybe visiting nearby places like High Rock and Morrowind on occasion? I could see something happening where the war against the dragons spills over from Skyrim and causes the Bretons and/or Dunmer to retaliate against the Nord for thinking it was their fault, making the problem even worse.

Though I guess I'd rather not plan too much out in advance, since most of my better ideas come to me after the RP starts.

Kate

What I think is entertaining is changes.

The storyteller should be quick to time jump the group to the next interesting spot or place without expecting everyone to role play all things in between

eg...

"Two sleepless days later the group found themselves at X ... unfortuntaely person Y's pony was lost to an accident which saw its legs ruined beyond help - forcing the hobbit (or whatver) to ride double with <whoever> but luckily the gamble for riding during the nights also paid it self off in spades ... the group had arrived at the strange library before the army .... but only just for the moment the troupe saw the strange places doors scouts of the chasing army saw them and had no qualms being loud about it. Horns were bellowed and orders for calvary given and before thankful breaths could be mustard three horseman could be seen riding towards the team with lances leveled."

Pictures also ... new scenes ... the net is full of lovely fantasy landscapes that is digital art or likewise.
picture paintsa thousand words - the storyteller should quick use them.

Battles should be fast and furious and over quickly.

Nothing is more frustrating than action scenes being dragged out in vivid detail to give everyone more options.
In truth fights are  not times you really think ... things just happen. So the storyteller being quick to godmode things and even auto-resolve fights is sensible - role playing afterwards is good

ie "While walking three monstrous birds decented with squaks that could shatter the sleep of saints. It all seemed dreamlike and surreal - but not to the swordmaster who moved with instinctive speed - felling one of the foes with a vicious lance of his sword into the sky instantly - and didnt intend to stop his momentum there... within a bink he was off his horse and had thrown a dagger at anoother which caused the creature to drop to the ground in front of the archer that had already gave the remaining creature a wound that had seen it flee over helping its brethren.... "

THe storyteller knows the strength of the players ... fights should be interesting to read ... one post per character per fight only (if that) the rest god-moded/resolved.

I dont think that people would mind if the storyteller god-modes their own character during fights to bring their characters into life. Its really annoying for say someone who is an archer to write

"I will shoot and this ones head and if that works i will turn to this one and do this but if it doesnt i will try this but if this or that happens while i do this then i will do that but if that cant be done i will do this ... "

OR "

I will shoot at this then wait until the storyteller says it works before saying anything else.

Ie the storyteller should be quick to god-mode all things characters own actions during fights ... as well as skipping time / locations.

"Before the month had ended the ship they travelled on arrived at a port bustling with new energy, sure enough banners of the fairy-festival were everywhere"

This use of time permits politics and other things being relevant - ie befriending nobility etc can be worth the effort.

Revenent

The fight thing is easily enough solved by just letting the posters say when the kill an enemy and not having the storyteller control everything, but yeah, they shouldn't be allowed to drag on too long. I'm not sure about time-skipping EVERYTHING, though, since downtime is good for developing characters, and I'm sure this will be as character-focused as it is plot-focused.

Seaweed

I'd be interested as well if you're taking interest.