Looking to start a group rp - poll - updated plots

Started by la dame en noir, November 30, 2015, 01:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MythicalMorpheus69

This is gonna be literally awesome! (says "awesome" aloud as he types it out) I can't wait until its finished either, im actually kind of excited! :D
Mithic....

TheRaven

"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Cassandra LeMay

The fantasy idea looks pretty grim, with all those plagues and monstes released from the box, and an evil ruler with unlimited magic power. And with the power of old gods in the hands of the players this could turn into something like a fantasy superheroes game. Any idea what ... "power level" you imagine tis game might have?

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 02, 2015, 03:41:29 PM
But if people like the idea, then I will probably need to make up different names for these gods and goddesses...though I don't know if keeping their original names would be such a bad idea.
I guess you could get away with using real-world names, but if not, here are some suggestions (I took those from a German pen & paper RP):

Arabic/Egyptian:  Satis, Kebechet, Serkef, Chepru, Pachet, Rehotep, Heket, Sutech, Nepthut
Nordic: Asvargr, Fjörgynn, Helja, Sigrun, Vidar, Wyrd
Asian:  TsaiChen, WenCheng, WeTo, WuKung, KuTuh, PadKu, YenLen
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

tyr4n02r

A fun suggestionL Whenever you get your qualifications/"system" together (even if not a real one, theres some limits or thought process behind your world,) allow RPers to create 3 potential enemies/encounters for your world. 1 would be relatively "mundane," (found within the world naturally,) another summoned from Pandora's Box, the third can ve from anywhere (including the previous, magical or inter-planar.) More importantly, do it in PM. That way, If you don't like it, you don't have to use it and no one would know! Then from there if you liked what some people did, you can ask them to do more if you feel the need.

I suggest having both a combat and noncombat way of beating them.

My two cents.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

la dame en noir

I was actually going to work on a enemy list myself.
I'm also considering working on fixing up the plot. I think I will go with animal spirits and elements as a source of power. I think it may make my game feel a little more original(even its completely cliche). I'm doing this because my concept seems too dry and confusing.
A&A | FxF |

Cassandra LeMay

I think it's too early to judge if the idea of god-based "powers" is dry or confusing. Personally I think it offers a nice mix of character/ability concepts. For something fairly straightforward you have War or Weather and such themes, but you also have themes that allow a good bit of creative freedom, like Wisdom or Learning. I think there's something for everyone in the pantheons you mentioned.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

la dame en noir

I dont know. My concept leaves me very discouraged. So im noy sure about anymore.
A&A | FxF |

tyr4n02r

Both are strong concepts. I see where the Deity idea would get daunting to try and hammer out logistics, but is still very flexible to build a world around.

Some encouragement:

and, being Elliquiy…
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: la dame en noir on December 03, 2015, 11:07:45 AM
I dont know. My concept leaves me very discouraged. So im noy sure about anymore.
At the end of the day, what's imprtant is that you do what feels right to you.  :-)

Sleep on it and we'll just see what your muse whispers in your ear.

(Sonia Sotomayor)

MythicalMorpheus69

I think Cassandra is right do whatever you feel is right. At the end of the day from a personal opinion im very confident that as long as you think its good then I will too I mean I love your ideas so just go with your flow :)
Mithic....

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

la dame en noir

Looking for websites to make cool graphics and/or banners for the roleplay.

I have decided to go with the Fantasy concept and want to try and get up an interest thread tonight. Anyone willing to help me out on graphics? I want it to look as appealing as possible.
A&A | FxF |

Cassandra LeMay

Do you have any graphics you want to see used, a font style, some general idea what the banner should look like?

I could give it a try if you can give me a bit to work with and/or some pointers what you may have in mind. Maybe PM me?

(Sonia Sotomayor)