Congratulations to Maine, Washington and Colorado

Started by Tamhansen, November 07, 2012, 02:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

Congrats to Maine, Washington and Colorado. I literally stood up and cheered for Colorado. I'm glad we at least have medicinal marijuana here in California. Two from my household grow for their own use every year since it went into effect. They are more active now than when using Vicodin and Dilantin. My brother gets terribly mean and violent when drunk, but remains a sweetheart when using pot.  He also has epilepsy and finds more relief from pot than any seizure medication they have tried on him.

To equate pot use with pharmaceuticals is almost laughable. The list of side effect warnings is sometimes scarier than the disease itself. If I could use pot for my Meniere's instead of Valium I would happily do so, but alas it has a tendency to make me dizzier.

I get so upset when people think pot is worse than alcohol. Alcohol is much more harmful and I would suppose that it is a far worse gateway drug than pot since it is readily available in most homes for curious youngsters to try (speaking from experience). Growing up there was no lock on the liquor cabinet.

The only problem with any drug is the person using it, whether they can differentiate from casual use or have an addictive nature. Legality is not going to change this. If I had my druthers I would rather see pot on the shelves and alcohol off them!

STATISTICS for Marijuana vs Alcohol

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Pumpkin Seeds

Please be careful when discussing the use of marijuana in place of or in addition to medications prescribed and handled by medical professionals.  Any treatment should be discussed with a physician .

Keep in mind also that the rigorous testing done by medications with their “scary” side effects is what brings up that extensive list.  THC containing medication can also have a fairly lengthy list of side effects.

http://www.drugguide.com/ddo/ub/view/Davis-Drug-Guide/51247/all/dronabinol

Oreo

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 20, 2012, 03:08:21 PM
Please be careful when discussing the use of marijuana in place of or in addition to medications prescribed and handled by medical professionals.  Any treatment should be discussed with a physician .

Keep in mind also that the rigorous testing done by medications with their “scary” side effects is what brings up that extensive list.  THC containing medication can also have a fairly lengthy list of side effects.

http://www.drugguide.com/ddo/ub/view/Davis-Drug-Guide/51247/all/dronabinol

Thank you, Pumpkin Seeds. I should have remembered to disclaimer that aspect. I agree, always check with your physician first even if it is something as simple as health food supplements. My doctor has helped me find my way around several ailments with something other than harsh drugs.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Secretwriter

After reading what was linked, I see what you meant, Lux and Oni.  My local area is pretty much racially even where crimes are concerned.  Honestly, I'd say that it's more white than black in crimes committed. According to the 'Just Busted' paper.

Secret's Bio | Tanja's Bio

I see hell in your eyes. Taken in by surprise. And touching you makes me feel alive.

♦ Kitty's Brain ♥ Pockets's Lucky Charm ♥ Doom Cookie Monster ♥ Shade's Spanking Machine ♥ Najdan's Sinful Little Devil ♦

LunarSage

Our paper is called "Crime Times".  I had never seen anything like it before moving here.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oniya

Quote from: Secretwriter on November 20, 2012, 08:17:33 PM
After reading what was linked, I see what you meant, Lux and Oni. 

You can tell I miss my court-watching channel.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17