We hunt giant monsters! (interest check)

Started by SargentToughie, March 17, 2014, 11:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargentToughie

Welcome to the land of Monster Hunter! What's that? Never played any game from the Capcom video game franchise? No worries! I'll have you up to date and ready to join before you know it. You see, the unnamed world that Monster Hunter takes place in is infested with monsters of all kinds of crazy shapes and sizes, and in order for humans to thrive, it falls on the shoulders of heroic warriors, aptly named "Monster Hunters" to venture out and kill them. They then carve up the bodies of the monsters, and use their pelts, scales, wings, and other various vital parts of their slain foe to craft greater weapons and armor.

Ta-da! You're caught up on the rich, deep lore that soaks through every pore of the Monster Hunter franchise. And you're more then qualified to take part in this RP, if the premise strikes your fancy. Anyway, on to the main description of what this RP is going to be, and what you can expect from it.

The RP will be PvE, meaning that I'll be controlling the monsters that you, the players, will be out hunting. The RP will be 100% freeform, as I've never been a very big fan of forcing systems into forum RPs. However, you will be expected to play with a certain level of realism and maturity. You're a single human against some of the biggest, most dangerous creatures to roam the planet. You will not be able to solo every single mission (even though there will be times where you totally can solo hunt some small-medium threats), and you won't be able to face tank the fire breath from a huge angry dragon and expect to turn out ok. Anyway, aside from that, every player will be able to control 1-2 characters, and while it's heavily encouraged that you play the role of hunters, it's not mandatory. You could play the role of a medic, or a receptionist for the Hunter Guild hall who hands out the missions, or anything of the sort if that's what you want.

As for character restrictions? I'm not going to say that everybody has to start out as a perfect greenhorn, but I'd prefer players to be reasonable about their power level. If this is something that concerns you, please PM me and I'll walk you through it. For those of you in the know, I'm going to go ahead and say that I'd REQUEST you stay in the Jaggi-Azuros range for your starting armor sets, but don't go any higher then five star armors such as Rathalos or Barioth, and for those of you that go that high, I'd request that you be mature, and that you're not just going as high as you can because you want to have the greatest character ever, which I've seen plenty of during my time RPing. Anyway, I'm not expecting it to be that much of an issue, it's more just a safety clause just in case.

Anyway! Moving on, I'll describe how I can see progress in the RP working. I'm not expecting too much of an overarching plot, as much as I can see things taking a more episodic and 'sandbox' style to it, as I keep an active mission board that teams of hunters can use whenever they wish. Other then that, I plan on opening up a central city that the player characters can explore and use as they see fit. I don't plan on restricting player movement or actions here, I want to keep this RP as open and accessible as possible. With that said, this is just a simple interest check, and if enough people decide to show interest, I'll set up things like an OOC, and put together a character sheet outline.

So, let the games begin!

EDIT 1: Character sheet skeleton!

[img height=400]PICTURE GOES HERE[/img]
Name:
Motive for joining guild:
Personality:

Years of experience:
Favorite weapon type:
Backup weapon type:
Current armor:

Character History:
Player preferences and limits:
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Flana

I love Monster Hunter! Written just a little bit of fan fiction for the universe before, so Id really be interested in an RP! I'm fine with staying in low-level armor (hell, one of my favorite sets is the Alloy stuff, all that involves hunting is a few rocks), but I do have a question. Do you plan on there being a generation lock against 4th? The Charge Axe seems like so much fun and I love the theme to it, but it's also not available stateside yet.

azzmeister89

Sounds interesting, i love the monster hunter games! Although i know nothing of the monsters set in games beyoned monster hunter freedom unite so anything from tri, freedom 3 or the newly announced freedom 4 will need to be researched.

SargentToughie

Flana, if you want to use charge axes, go for it. I'd like for this game to be as open as possible even to non-MH fans who are just interested in the premise, so knock yourself out.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Xenolord

*Like a giddy school girl.* Monster Hunter! I'm in!

zenpai

I want to try but know nothing about monster hunters
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Kevben Battleheart

You can count me in and interested. I do have a question though, will you be setting this in one of the towns from the previous games, or shall you be making your own town up?
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

Xenolord

Any objection to a quasi-veteran who has a slight issue with doing things herself? I had an idea for a character who basically has the skills she needs, but gets really nervous when she goes out alone, like, she has to have at least one other person there, or she can't do anything. Moral anchor, of sorts.

Also, since I've always loved the armor, but it's effing useless in game, I wanted to put her in the Bnahabra Armor because it's adorable.

SargentToughie

@Kevben: Yeah, I'm going to be creating up my own town. I'll probably have a few different locations to think of, actually.

@Xenolord: Knock yourself out! Things like armor skills and tier lists don't exist in RP form, it's all about what looks good.
Ons and offs

Kevben Battleheart

Just a little curious was all. You can expect a character from me very quickly once you get a CS all set up.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

SargentToughie

Alright, you asked for a character sheet, and here it is!

[img height=400]PICTURE GOES HERE[/img]
Name:
Motive for joining guild:
Personality:

Years of experience:
Favorite weapon type:
Backup weapon type:
Current armor:

Character History:
Player preferences and limits:

You'll notice a few of the 'usual' areas missing, like Gender. Honestly, I've always been confused by the gender line, since it seems obvious and pointless between the name and the provided picture. Along with that, you'll also notice that I'm not asking for specific weapon loadouts. This is because I'd like to keep the barrier to entry low, and the number crunching from status effects and element type doesn't mean jack all in a freeform RP. Anyway, that's the general formatting, so if you follow it correctly, it should look something like what you see below, which is one of the two characters I'll be playing. Please use spoiler tags in the interest check for the sake of cleanliness, though I'll certainly open up a character gallery once we get rolling, which you won't need spoilers for, obviously.

Natalia Erwin

Name: Natalia Erwin
Height/weight: 5' 6'' / 140 lbs
Motive for joining guild: Desire to improve herself
Personality: On the surface, she is kindhearated, rational, and professional. However, she is fueled by an almost insatiable desire to improve her power, and obtain more strength. She's always willing to take on the next big hunt, and she is absolutely fearless on the battlefield, as she refuses to back down or run away until her only two options are to either retreat or die. She values human life at an extreme premium, and she outright refuses to allow anybody in her team to attempt some kind of 'noble sacrifice' should the situation turn dire. Despite that, though, she is tactical and keeps a calm mind while fighting. As any experienced hunter can tell you, a hunter wielding big, slow, heavy weapons must be smart in order to outwit, outmaneuver, and overpower their opponents, contrary to the stereotype about heavy weapons users being 'mindless meatheads'. She favors big, powerful weapons and is almost never seen without a Greatsword. However, when the situation calls for it, she has been known to break out a Switch Axe from time to time.
Likes: Honest and honorable allies, people who are aware of their limits, sweet rolls, logic puzzles, strategy games
Dislikes: Death (to an extreme degree), spicy foods, recklessness, ignorance or apparent stupidity

Years of experience: 5
Favorite weapon type: Great Sword
Backup weapon type: Switch Axe
Current armor: Modified Lagiacrus set

Character History: At the age of seventeen, Natalia left home with her sights set of being a powerful, respected Monster Hunter that would be able to bring fame and wealth to the unassuming, small family that she had grown up as a part of. With an old and reliable blade on her back and basic hunting leathers dawned, she ventured out alone in the world to make a name for herself. However, she ended up being rejected by all the guild leaders that she came across, for reasons that they were not willing to share with her. Growing desperate, the young woman realized that she'd have to prove her worth if she was to be accepted in the ranks of the Monster Hunters. As such, when she heard a trio of hunters talking about how they were heading out on a dangerous hunt to take down a monster just outside of the local borders, she saw her chance and tailed behind them from a distance. This was her chance! All she had to do was prove that she would be useful, and they were SURE to accept her as a member. Natalia revealed her presence to the hunters once it was too late for them to turn back, and reluctantly, the trio allowed for her to come along as long as she stayed out of the way and kept herself out of danger. Natalia agreed to their terms, confident that she'd prove herself nonetheless, and the hunt began.

The group had been able to slay the Azure Rathalos that they had been after, though Natalia had mostly stayed out of the way and had contributed nothing to the success of the team. When the trio began to leave, she lowered her head in defeat, realizing that she had been completely useless, and that there was no way she'd proven herself worthy of joining the guild. That was when things started flying off the rails, and the squad heard heavy, stomping feet coming from behind them. Turning around, Natalia found herself face to face with a gigantic leviathan, it's scales white as the pale, pure moon. The only parts that weren't pure white were a soft tint of blue. It's bright red eyes glowed against the setting sun, as it walked on all four of it's legs slowly towards the group and let out a sound that seemed like a half-hybrid between a roar and a hiss, as though it was warning the group right then to leave.

As it's maw opened, it bared it's lengthy rows of fangs at the humans, and while the hunters were intimidated and ready to leave since they knew what they would be getting themselves into, Natalia only saw it as opportunity. She realized that if she was able to put this beast down, she'd prove herself a capable hunter and an asset to the guild. However, the moment she put her hand on the hilt of her blade, the white leviathan erupted forward and the trio of hunters scrambled in a panic. The ivory monster was sickeningly fast, far quicker then Natalia had been prepared for, and it lashed opened it's mouth to unleash a mighty lightning attack on the poor girl. Unable to dodge in time, Natalia let out a cry of fear and shielded her eyes, but the blast never came. Opening her eyes, she saw that one of the hunters had jumped in front of her and intercepted the blast, just before he fell to the ground in critical condition. The two hunters were able to collect their fallen comrade, and with him slumped over their shoulders they ran for their lives. Natalia herself could only run as well, though she split ways from the hunters and made her own way back to town once the leviathan decided to give up it's chase and return to it's territory. Upon her return to town, she made her way back to the guild hall with her head hung low to discover the state of the injured hunter. However, when she arrived, she was horrified to discover that the injury he took had been fatal. The hunter's burial was scheduled for a week later.

She later learned that she was denied because she was apparently overly ambitious, and had too much hunger in her eyes. Hunters that didn't respect their prey, and didn't understand their own strength, were nothing more then a liability to their comrades and were essentially a free meal for the monsters that they were supposed to be slaying. She also learned that the monster she had encountered was an Ivory Lagiacrus, a monster of terrifying power that was considered to be one of the strongest in the known world. Thankfully, the Guild Master took just as much blame on himself for the deceased hunter as Natalia blamed herself for being so ignorant, reckless, and desperate. Natalia herself was a changed woman from the experience, she no longer sought the glory or the money that came from Hunting Monsters. In fact, the moment when that hunter tanked the lightning attack for her was one of the most helpless, pathetic feelings of weakness that she had ever endured in her life. She expressed to the Guild Master that she wanted to never feel that sickening feeling of uselessness again, and she NEVER wanted to see another life end like that again. She never even knew the man's name, but he had died for her, and that revelation had rattled her to her very core.

Despite her flaws, she was welcomed into the Guild after her change of character. Five years later, she had grown and matured into a strong and responsible hunter. She now wears Lagiacrus armor, as a reminder of the monster that had changed her life and made her mature for the better. Even then, though, she still yearns for the day when she's strong enough to fight an Ivory Lagiacrus on even footing, as a way to finally close the door on her doubts, hesitations, and the failures of her past.

Player preferences and limits: All the usual stuff you'd expect to see here, I'm fairly flexible with what I'm willing to do, but I won't do anything that typically dips into the extreme category. While Natalia is technically straight, can be convinced to swing over to the other side of the fence with enough persuasion and patience.
Ons and offs

Xenolord

Name: Sera Fields
Height/Weight: 5'3"/ 184 lbs.
Motive for joining guild: Prove herself to her family
Personality: Bubbly and warm on the outside, very self-conscious on the inside
Likes: Good food, friendly people, and a friend by your side.
Dislikes: Sour people, disheartening failure, and going alone.

Years of experience: 1
Favorite weapon type: Longsword
Backup weapon type: Dual Swords
Current armor: Bnahabra Armor

Character History: Sera joined for the simple reason that most people she knows in her home life agree that Sera is a flat, down-and-out coward. Spiders, monsters both large and small, hot springs, Felines, you name it, Sera probably has a reason to be scared of it. She joined the Hunter's Guild a year ago to overcome her fears, and so far she's making progress! ...as long as she has backup. Her mission completion ratio while hunting alone is pretty dismal, more then one report of abandoning a simple quest where she wasn't even supposed to fight anything! When asked why, she shook her head and simply said 'too much buzzing'.

Outside of her Guild Duties, Sera is a very pleasant person, a personality bordering on extrovert, Sera has no problem making friends and even fewer problems snickering people into joining her on frivolous missions just so she can feel safe (though she never openly admits). Her success on quests with at least one other person is staggeringly different from solo, boasting an impressive 99.3% success rate.
Player preferences and limits: Sera is bicurious at the moment and will swing both ways. She'll figure t which she prefers soon. (As for me, keep it fairly simple. As long as we don't step into anything too extreme, we're fine.)

Xenolord

(One on the left, can't find a picture of her alone on my Kindle.)

Name: Minako Shikazuma (Mina to everyone)
Weight/Height: 5'0" 120 lbs
Reasons for Joining the Guid: Money.
Personality: Super nerdy and excitable. Easily spooked or startled.
Dislikes: Tomatoes.

Years of Experience: 3
Guild Sweetheart.
Standard Blue Hunter's Guild Uniform.

Background: Minako transferred from another region at the Guild's behest, due to her experience, however they have since noted a slight hitch in her near perfect resume. Recently,Mina has been caught staring at the Gong Girl longingly.

She has passed her exams, and could begin life as a Hunter at her whim.

Player Preference and Limits: Minako has a lady boner harder then Uragaan's chin for e Gong Girl and, consequencely is gay. (She's more a comic relief character.)

My second character.

Revelation

I'll be posting later with a character! more than likely Switch Axe or Gunlance using, because both are pretty awesome.

Flana

So much harder to narrow down a suit of early-tier armor than I thought it would be. So many choices! Almost swayed to Healer set, but that can always pass as casual clothing.  So hard to find fanart for the Charge Axe as well. :'(

Lilly Laine

Name: Lilly Laine

Height/Weight: 5'8" / 140 lbs

Motive for joining guild: Adrenaline rush and thrill of the hunt!

Personality: Somewhat introverted when not on a quest, usually absorbed daydreaming of the next challenge or eyeing equipment of other hunters. On the hunt, she is prone to be excitable and emotional outbursts, and can occasionally give in to reckless behavior for the sake of a greater thrill. Even so, she would never willingly force another into her antics, and give up the rush to help out a wounded ally. If she is able to notice in the clamor of battle, of course.

Likes: Spicy foods (preferably meat and grains), hunting, friendly individuals, and blacksmithing (though she has little to no skill in it).

Dislikes: Excessively sweet foods, vegetables, rude or arrogant hunters, being assaigned a quest she deems 'too easy.'

Favorite weapon type: Charge Axe

Backup weapon type: Switch Axe

Current armor: Khezu

Character History: As a young girl, Lilly always dreamed of adventure and often skipped chores as a child to read stories of heroic hunters and their brave hunts. In her late teens, a pack of Velociprey were sighted near the village. Rather than wait for a hunter to be dispatched, Lilly and her like-minded friends volunteered and enlisted as Guild-sanctioned hunters. With a taste of victory, the part pressed on to hunt on the rumors of a Velocidrome, scattering the pack from their town.

For a time, the party was content, living on the memories of their hunts. Soon, the four's thirst for adventure began to build once more. Foolish and full of their own played-up recollections of their 'drome hunt, the party agreed to tackle something much larger. A sighting of the cave wyvern, Khezu, in the nearby mountains. Hardly stopping for supplies, the party set out immediately to what would be their last hunt together. Low on supplies, the frigid bite was a constant drain and whittled down the group before they had ever found the creature.

As soon as the Khezu let out it's piercing shriek, the party knew they had gone over their heads. Fighting for their lives, the four faced a long grind against the monster. Forced into hit-and-run tactics and only fighting viciously when cornered by their pursuer. Eventually they managed to fell the wyvern, though not without serious injuries. Supplies exhausted, the group barely made it back to the village. All but Lilly resigned, their thirst for adventure crushed in the grueling conditions.

Lilly continued on, fashioning a suit of armor from Khezu hides her friends had forfeited and her Guild rewards from the mission. Both to remind herself of the dangers a hunt can bring, but also of the thrill the very same hunt can have. Now she travels from one guild hall to the next, searching for the next rush on the hunt.  Her weapon choice has likewise swayed over the new, esoteric Charge Axe. It's ability to play cautiously or switch to a reckless charge resonating strongly with the young and thrill-addicted hunter.

Player preferences and limits: Lilly has no preference for either gender, usually with her head in the clouds or faced with single-minded determination on the hunt. While her gaze may rarely linger on another female hunter, her whims always sway back to the hunt.

Since it's also one of the two new weapons (coming soon to us!), here's the Charge Axe. Pretty much just a more mode-based Switch Axe. Mobile SnS mode and slower, heavy-hitting Axe mode.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Xenolord

I've played with the Charge Axe. It is some fun shit, if you can work it. Buddy of mine bought MonHun4 from Japan and is having some fun with it. Can't wait for it to come out in 'Merica.

Wolfy

I kind of want to join this, because hey, where else can I Use these pictures:

Kevben Battleheart

I'm surprised by the lack of male-based hunter art for Monster Hunter. Though I really shouldn't be surprised lol.

Auriok Edgewright

Name: Auriok Edgewright
Height/Weight: 6'3/157 lbs without armor
Motive for joining guild: To protect
Personality: Auriok is a bit of a loner when it comes to hunting, preferring to be alone when hunting down beasts and small wyverns. He only hunts alone as his way of protecting others, preferring to place himself into harms way rather than seeing someone else get injured. When he does have to hunt in a group he tries to take the reigns of leadership and guide the group to victory, commanding and warning his fellow hunters of various attacks or chances to attack. This has had its ups and downs, with him being able to lead a group against small wyverns and beasts but more often than not failing against larger wyverns. When not hunting though Auriok is the exact opposite, being talkative, socializing and being all around friendlier.
Likes: Seeing people safe, the full moon shining and a sharp weapon in hand.
Dislikes: Seeing people in danger, loud noises and a dull weapon.

Favorite weapon type: Gunlance
Backup weapon type: Light Bowgun
Current armor: White Velociprey armor

Character History: Only a fear years ago was did a young man find himself sitting at home wondering what to do with his life, having only done a few odd jobs around Jumbo Village but otherwise nothing really set in stone. That man was Auriok, and while he was more than happy to lend a hand to someone in need, he couldn't help but feel like there was something else meant for him...something greater than merely working in the village. That was when a hunter of the village approached him, proposing that he could tutor the young man in the ways of a hunter. All too eager did Auriok agree to this and soon found himself on his first quest with his master....gathering mushrooms.

Out in the field he questioned his master why it was that they were out there gathering some fungus when they could have been out slaying one of the large wyverns that plagued the area. His master gave him a simple answer: it is a hunters duty to accept any quest and fulfill it, no matter how dangerous or tedious it would be, and since it was Auriok's first hunt he had chosen a simple task. Auriok complained a bit but he sucked it up as they finished the task and returned to the village. He would admit that his first taste of the hunters life was a let down but his mentor reassured him that he would be getting into the actual hunts soon enough, but he had to first learn the basics. So for the next couple of weeks he was put to the task of learning said basics, gathering materials like herbs and blue mushrooms, combining the materials into potions and mining for ores.

The tasks were boring to him, but his mentor was always reassuring him that soon enough he would go on his first hunt. Though he was starting to doubt this, he was at least glad that his mentor allowed for him to commission his arms and armor from the Wyverian blacksmith, making his first weapon an iron lance and his armor the chainmail set. Soon enough his mentor was taking him out to practice his weapon on a few Aptonoth, the safest way for him to try out wielding his weapon. After a few hunts his mentor said that he was finally ready. Excited at this, his mentor had set him up with an easy quest to fulfill: kill 10 velociprey that have been roaming around the village that have been making it relatively hard to go out for non-hunters. As they headed out of the village his mentor was offering to him some tips, as he would not be aiding in the hunt. Auriok merely nodded his head at each thing, not really listening as he was off in his own little world.

Reaching the field Auriok was now on his own while his mentor would merely watch, though would kill if they actually attacked him. It only took Auriok a few minutes to find his objective a few areas away, all ten little preys hunting some Aptonoth for some food. He set in for a charge and managed to hit one, but had unwittingly placed himself in the middle of pack. He quickly put up his guard and managed to block several blows but one had managed to get him from behind, knocking him down and leaving him open to further attacks. Auriok managed to get back up just to get knocked down as one leaped at him. He managed to get back up and blocked this time, keeping another blow from possibly from harming him but now he was injured to some degree and needed to pop a potion. Looking over his shoulder to look at his mentor, he saw that the man had slain at least one Velociprey that had strayed too close to him with his great sword.

Obviously getting no help there, Auriok turned his attention back onto the Velociprey and back stepped twice before putting his weapon away and running for some distance in order to drink a potion. His health restored he brought his lance back out and held it up to block as the Velociprey came charging at him....until a fireball from above hit killed all but the ones on the outside edges. Looking up to the sky he saw descending was a Rathalos, the beast looking angry and focused on him for whatever reason. Auriok knew he was outclassed against this beast and attempted to run, but in inexperience showed as the wyvern shot a fireball at his back and it struck him, nearly killing him and sending him sprawling on the ground.

His vision going black and in too much pain to even move, Auriok merely lay there until he blacked out, waiting for the end that would never come, for as he passed out his mentor fought the Rathalos successfully and brought him back to heal at Jumbo Village. When he came to he thanked his master but he dismissed the thank you, explaining that it was a hunters duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves, just as Auriok had been. Since then the young man's attitude changed when it came towards hunting, listening to every little thing his master had to say like a sponge and taking hunts a lot more seriously.

Player preferences and limits: I'm open to trying anything at least once, though dipping into the extreme things is a big if and you must be very convincing to get me to try any of such things.

Tsunami

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

ZephySempai

I think I'd be willing to give this a try. I might give a sniper class a try ^_^

SargentToughie

Welcome, Tsunami and Zephy, character sheet template is at the top.
Ons and offs

ShadowFox89

Well, seeing how I just got MHQ3...... I'll probably make a newbie hunter :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ZephySempai

Another Male joins the frey!

Name: Shardxylle "Shard" Liengod

Height/Weight: 5/9 -- 179 Ibs

Motive for joining guild: Shardxylle has no other motive besides being the "King" of all hunters. He is determined to rise through the ranks by any means necessary in order to earn this self-proclaimed title. If there is no such thing as a King of Hunters, then he will be the first! "HELL YEAH!"

Personality: Cocky is a word that best describes Shard. He sees the world as his playground, where he can fulfill any of his needs and desire for entertainment at any moment. He can be charismatic, but he mostly comes off as a self-absorbed asshole, which regularly gets him into trouble. He likes being a bad boy. Anger is an emotion he doesn't believe in. Shard doesn't see a need for it. "Shit happens. Get over it." Whether winning or losing, he always has a playful countenance glowing about him. ALone on the streets with nothing but the clothes on his back? He'd still find a way to entertain himself while hustling up some money for food. It's just the kind of guy he is.

Likes: Partying! Eating food. Enjoying the company of women. "But most of all...!" Being Shard.

Dislikes: "Ass-hats!" Noun 'Individuals with their heads so far up their own, ass, it could be worn as a hat.' and Authority.

Years of experience: 6

Favorite weapon type: Bow Guns

Backup weapon type: Short-Sword

Current armor: Orange Kelbi Hide

Character History: Shardxylle was raised in a small city plagued by crime. Instead of succumbing to those in power, Shard's father, Derek Liengod, crushed and clawed his way up the latter of power. He became an infamous Muscleman in the Cackling Crosses street gang. Power was the only way to stay safe and survive in the village of Kilthroth, and Derek knew that very well. Once secured, he bedded a whore, who birthed his first son and Shardxylle's eldest brother, Luciel "Noose" Liengod. After the first son was born, Derek married Shelly, the whore, who turned out to know a thing or two about knives and human anatomy. The couple had two other sons shortly after; Axiil and Shardxylle Liengod. They were a prominent family in the Cackling Crosses crime syndicate. As time went on, Shardxylle became well aware of the world his family lived in. The strong survived. The weak were crushed. The world keeps on spinning. But after taking his first human life, Shard began to question if this world was right for him. He confronted his father, and proudly, Derek imparted his wisdom unto his youngest son.

You see, neither Derek nor Shelly wanted this type of life for any of their sons, but they would not force their views upon their children. Instead, they waited for each son to come into his own view of this world. No matter what, this powerful crime family always supported one-another, no matter their views. Derek explained that the Cackling Crosses were founded by a power group of Monster Hunters, who extort the village of Killthroth. If the village does not pay, then the hunters would allow the monsters in the area to overrun the population. No one dares oppose the crime lords for fear of their village being left defenseless, and this is where their power comes from.

Though Shard's eldest brothers follow their father in climbing the ranks to the very top, and then changing the village of Killthroth from the inside out, Shard has always had big aspirations. He decided to go a step further, and become a Monster Hunter himself. He would grow in strength, in power, and soon, claim the title of King of the Monster Hunters. Shard would change the world. He would create a place where the strong protected the weak, and where humans and monsters didn't need to fear one another. They would live together, either in unity, or separate lives.

So Shard left his home village in pursuit of his destiny. He trained at a nearby guild for a year until he became an official hunter, but this wasn't enough. The guild he trained at was small, and so were the monsters they hunted. He needed a bigger challenge. A bigger guild. He needed bigger monsters. So he spent the next five years traveling, until he caught wind of one of the largest guilds in the world. Now, Shardxylle resides here. Though his goals are still focused on becoming King, he regularly finds himself distracted by all the beautiful women and temping parties. He's got all his life to become King. Taking a few moments to enjoy his youth won't kill anyone. 

Player preferences and limits: Submissive or aggressive; it doesn't matter to Shard. So long as the girls are cute, he's happy. His only limits are certain levels of pain, vore, scat, or anything else that weird.

Xenolord

ZephySempai

Thank you :)

I thought it'd be fun to try something... different.