Elf Quest: Knights of the Witch (D&D 5e; seeking a GM and 2 bi male characters)

Started by Naughty Miss Adventure, August 12, 2018, 01:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdragon

you said you'd be interested in taking a feminine/trap character as well yes? Would any of these (nsfw) be suitable? The basic idea is that in addition to the regular stuff they do to get by on their own, my character sometimes goes into town to work as a prostitute to earn them extra money when they're desperate. Of course this would only reinforce the prejudice a lot of the towns people already have against them, more conservative citizens seeing them as filthy sinners, while even those that make use of him believe that it's all an elf is good for.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Naughty Miss Adventure

3rd one from the top is great, since I have it in my collection :-) but even 2nd one isn't bad either!
Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

Drowdeviant

*fall on floor* xD

Darvin is gonna be so fun to play off either then, especially since it frustrates him to play into racist elf stereotypes to survive since he's former nobility. xD

...Might worship Sunara since she's the only sane and intelligent person in this gods forsaken rat's nest...plus she has manners and he might have been raised to treat those sort of women like they're made out of solid fucking gold! ;)
My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

LisztesFerenc

That could work, the two half-elves are in a relationship? Sounds like it might be a bit strained, especially with one of them sometimes selling himself for extra coin, but ultimatly they still care about eachother deeply and will stick together through thick and thin since they have no one else in this world. Am I reading the dynamic right?

You can make your character sheet pdragon. Starting level is 2, I initially said 1 but have since reconsidered, otherwise the rules remain unchanged.

pdragon

I could definitely see it as a point of contention between them. Darvin doesn't enjoy my boy degrading and lowering himself for the pleasure of humans, though at the same time my character doesn't really like Darvin putting himself in harms way by following such a violent occupation. They do care about each other, but it's obvious that there needs to be a change soon, for both their sanities. Enter Sunara and grand, noble adventure.

Miss Adventure noted that she wouldn't be against an alchemist class for one of the boys. Would this this be acceptable? Alternatively I could make him a rouge and add this background I found. Either way I figured with them living on the outskirts of town, it would make sense that one of them knew how to forage for plants and make medicines and what not.

Request Thread

LisztesFerenc

Is that how you envisioned the relationship Drowdeviant?

For alchemy, its more just mixing potions, not enough to support an entire PC class. The background works pdragon, you won't be able to afford to start with alchemist's supplies, but your character can know how to use them and aquire them later. If you go rogue we can turn the alchemist class into a rogue archetype if you like.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Theoritically, I'd be fine with the class; just, maybe not start with spells?

LisztesFerenc

Its written strangly. It says in the quick creation guide "Select the cantrips light, produce flame, and resistance." but the class itself doesn't mention an ability to cast cantrips. I'm not sure how well it would work without spells, so I think I'd prefer to turn it into a rogue archetype.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Just glanced at it in passing, lol.  I differ to your judgment ;D

pdragon

Here's a basic first draft for my character. Let me know if anything is out of place, I think I have everything right stat-wise

Name: Auriel Vasmer
Class: lv2 Rogue
Race: half elf
Background: Alchemist's Apprentice
HP: 13
Armor: 14
Langauges: Common, Elvish, Infernal, Celestial

STATS
Strength: 11 (0) - Dexterity: 16 (+3) - Constitution: 10 (0)
Intelligence: 16 (+3) - Wisdom: 8 (-1) - Charisma: 14 (+2)

SKILLS
Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Performance, Acrobatics, Medicine, Nature

PROFICIENCES (+2 bonus)
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Tools: Thieves' Tools, Alchemist's Supplies
Alchemical Specialization: Restorative Elixirs

FEATURES
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Darkvision: Thanks to your elf blood, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.

Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on Saving Throws against being Charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.

Chemical Exposure: as an alchemist, you’ve likely been exposed to a wide range of chemicals by design or otherwise. Consequently, you’ve learned to quickly identify what properties a nonmagical substance might have—ideally before it causes any damage to you or your work by sampling a portion or inhaling the scent. Your experience limits accidental injury during such analyses. At the GM’s discretion, this feature may work with magical substances, but accidental exposure is much more likely.

Expertise: choose two of your skill proficiencies (Stealth, Medicine). Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check you make that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.

Sneak Attack: Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an Attack if you have advantage on the Attack roll. The Attack must use a Finesse or a ranged weapon. You don't need advantage on the Attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't Incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the Attack roll.

Thieves' Cant: During your rogue Training you learned thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. It takes four times longer to convey such a Message than it does to speak the same idea plainly. In addition, you understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.

Cunning Action: Starting at 2nd level, your quick thinking and agility allow you to move and act quickly. You can take a Bonus Action on each of your turns in Combat. This action can be used only to take the Dash, Disengage, or Hide action.

EQUIPMENT
Silver: At 2018-08-29 09:24:03, pdragon (uid: 57462) rolls: 2d4 Result: 7 x 10 = 70 pieces

Dagger (2sp) 1d4 piercing, finesse, thrown
Backpack (2sp)
Alchemist's Supplies (50sp)
Herbalism Kit (5sp)
Leather Armor (10sp)

Request Thread

LisztesFerenc

LisztesFerenc

Still looking for a second half-elf to play besides Auriel. I know there are a few more requirements than for a usual game (must be half-elf, must be bisexual in a relationship with the other half-elf, cannot be able to cast spells), but hopefully theres someone who likes the setup and doesn't mind those restrictions.