Unusual (at least IMO) Fantasy Genre RPG sought

Started by schnookums, March 13, 2007, 05:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schnookums

Well, what I'm actually looking for a d&dish type game that's run from the point of view of a mage's familiar. I've got a specific familiar in mind (A Faerie Dragon) and a rough plot (She's trying to save her master from something, either a curse/illness or just being captured). I'm working on more specific details but figure I'd see if there was anyone with any interest in running this kind of game first. System can be optional but 3.5 ed D&D would be best for me if there was a system. (I'll admit this does totally feel like a vanity post, but hey, you never know unless you ask, right?)
(Quick Edit, this would probably be a 1 on 1 game, I'm sure those who read it probably assumed that but I felt it should be said.)

Silkcat

I like the creative point of view for the story, so while I can't jump in to GM this for you right now I wanted to give you a big thumbs up for it.

Does this mean you're looking for Faerie Dragon sex? :)
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - Stories Past and Present - Apologies and Absences
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

schnookums

Well, thank you Silkcat. Good to know someone else likes the idea, even if she can't GM it  ;) To answer your second question, yes, yes I am. I had realized that might be a bit limiting though, so she's likely have a magic item or two that would offer variety, like an item that allows for growth or limited shape change. Things that would normally be used to get her past trouble that a small faerie dragon couldn't get past, but also GET her into trouble a small faerie dragon wouldn't get into.

Amberghylles

Hmm.... I must confess that I am intrigued by the idea.  My 3.5 is a little rusty but I do have some books and Play By Post does give plenty of time to look rules up.

schnookums

I feel so stupid...I bumped the wrong post, but it seems I got a reply out of it, so it can't be all bad *looks embarassed*