[ST: SBT] To boldly go... (Star Trek RP) [VAN], possibly [BON]

Started by Doktor Sleepless, March 29, 2009, 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Sleepless

So, this topic got me thinking. Who's on board for a freeform Star Trek RP? We could be a space station; I'm thinking of playing the Captain in charge of it, and ocassional NPCs... and others could play other officers, diplomats from the Klingon or Romulan empires, merchants, civilians, etc...

No overarching plot, just character situations, if anyone feels like actually GMing plots, it'd be cool. NO godmoding, please.

Setting? Some border space space station with lots of civilian traffic, right after the Dominion War. Any takers?

UPDATE: Here's a sample profile form (this is not my character for the game):

Name: Dev Em

Nickname: None.

Position: Medical Officer

Race: Bajoran

Place of Birth: Bajor

Hair: Black, greying at the temples

Eyes: Black

Height: 6'

Weight: 170 lbs

Languages: Bajoran, Cardassian, Federation Interlingua, Vulcan

Marital Status: Single

Physical Description: Dev Em is a tall man around 6 feet, slender and fit, he wears his black and blue medical uniform with only two full pips on his collar, something a bit strange to behold as he is a mature man, in his late 30s/early 40s. His jet black hair is cut short, and it matches the shade of his eyes, as black as starless space, with a depth that shows you this man has seen a lot of things, and even though many weren't pretty, he hasn't let that fact beat him down. On his right ear, wich is scarred, he wears a simple, silver traditional piece of Bajoran jewelry, with a single, short chain and small brace huging the carthylage.

Psychological Profile: Em has been through many things, has lost loved ones many times, but he hasn't let that turn him into a bitter man, he's a spiritual person, reveling in his religiousity, but he is not boring. He is cheery and likes to have fun, and, even if he's a MD, he would make a good counselor, as he can listen very well, and provide advice.

Family History: Em's family is of the Dem d'jarra, a "clan" of philosophers and poets. His parents, Dev Jar and Dev Ra, where members of a civilian, pacifist group that spoke against the Cardassians during the early years of the occupation. That caused them, and Em's older sister, Dev Kai, to be arrested and sent to the Cardassia IV labor camp.

Personal History: After being left alone at 13, Em joined, or rather was taken into the Shakaar resistance cell, where he became friends with some of the older members, like Kyra Nerys and Lupaza, who built him a new earring when his original one was torn from his ear by a Cardassian soldier.

He grew up under the wing of Tel Sur, the main medic of the Shakaar cell, whose d'jarra was one of the most respected line of healers of the planet. Under Tel's wing, Em became skilled as a medic, treating his fellow resistance members. He also participated in many strikes, killing Cardassians when needed, but he didn't like it a bit. That doesn't mean he can't defend himself: he spent' his adolescense and early adult life as a resistance fighter.

Life as a resistance fighter wasn't easy, and he lost many loved ones, included the girl he loved, Par Nima. He still remembers her scream dying under the fire of a cardassian gun....

After the Withdrawal, he graduated as an MD specializing in emergency room work, and remained on Bajor, working at the Ilvian Medical Complex (as well as on other places such as Deep Space Nine, where he met Dr. Julian Bashir). Many years later, after everything was settled, he felt the need to travel, but he didn't want to abandon his medical career. So he decided to join StarFleet.

He went through a two year course at StarFleet medical, where he caught up with standard Federation procedures, with no problem, Bajoran medical sciences being very advanced. He served first on board of the USS Pasteur, a medical vessel, then went back to his planet to serve on DS9, then serverd on board of the USS Drake, and has now been transferred to the USS Medusa.

After a brief period at the USS Medusa, where he served as Acting Chief Medical Officer, he was transferred to the USS Philista, a medical ship, where his talents as a field doctor and researcher were put to use.

During his time on the Philista, among other things, he developed a cure for a virus that a race of alien creatures had unintentionally infected the humans at the Caldos IV colony. He developed the cure for the mutated strand of the virus. His knowledge of xenobiology, together with his experience with bio-engineered weapons was what helped the most, for the virus was completely alien and at the same time engineered for human physiology.

Just one year after joining the Philista's crew, he was offered a teaching position at Starfleet Medical, due to his outstanding abilities as a field doctor. He took it, and spent three years there, until he felt the need again to be out in the stars, and asked for a transfer. He was offered the position of CMO on the USS Hiei, and finally given a promotion to Lieutenant, albeit acting.

Academic Records

Em's specialties in medicine are obviously field medicine and emergency room procedures, but he's also a good doctor to have around people, treating families and the like. He also has a degree in xenobiology, being very interested on how life got started all around the galaxy.

Official  Starfleet Records

* USS Pasteur
* Deep Space Nine
* USS Drake
* USS Medusa
* USS Philista
* Starfleet Medical (teaching position)

Commendations

* Bajoran Prophet's Star for services to his people.
* StarFleet Medical Dr. McCoy award to best bedside Manners 

Hobbies

Philosophy, poetry, theology, springball, and pool.

Other Information

Birth-2348
Joined Resistance-2361
Graduated-2371
Joined StarFleet Medical School-2378
Graduated-2382
Assigned to the USS Pasteur-2382
Transferred to DS9-2383
Transferred to USS Drake-2385
Transferred to the USS Medusa-2386
Transferred to USS Philista-2387
Transferred To Starfleet Medical-2388
Transferred To USS Hiei-2391

UPDATE II: Official year is 2375, right after the Dominion War ended.

UPDATE III: Locking this thread up, any future interested people please see the OOC thread, and the main game thread.

jouzinka

I'm having more than enough games, but not doing this isn't simply an option.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: karmatrik on March 29, 2009, 06:11:25 AM
I could be convinced. ^_^

*prods*

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 06:19:28 AM
I'm having more than enough games, but not doing this isn't simply an option.

Hehehe.... Did I have a killer idea, or did I not? Two trekkie chicks, good, good. Do I smell Orion girls?

Paladin

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: karmatrik on March 29, 2009, 06:42:03 AM
Silly! Ezri<Jadzia!

Character-wise? No doubt. Smexy-wise? Ezri>Jadzia.

Quote from: Paladin on March 29, 2009, 06:52:55 AM
oooooh I love Star Trek. You got my attention.

Jump right in. Hope someone feels like GMing this. I just wanna play.

jouzinka

Trill taken, hmmmmm. I might have to settle for a Vulcan then. :) But hey, I take CMO. (just kiddin'... or maybe not ;D )

I can do engineer or security. I might be able to come up with some scenarios, but I dunno about GMing.

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 06:56:36 AM
Trill taken, hmmmmm. I might have to settle for a Vulcan then. :) But hey, I take CMO. (just kiddin'... or maybe not ;D )

Nothing says there can't be two Trills, but a Vulcan CMO sounds nice. Just make sure she's in heat. :P

Quote from: karmatrik on March 29, 2009, 06:57:27 AM
I can do engineer or security. I might be able to come up with some scenarios, but I dunno about GMing.

If you want to do scenarios, we can all work them through together. Security or Engineer is cool. I'm gonna be the CO, Captain or maybe even Commodore/Rear Admiral.

jouzinka

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 07:02:18 AM
Nothing says there can't be two Trills, but a Vulcan CMO sounds nice. Just make sure she's in heat. :P

Well, yeah, sure, but variety is kind of the point, isn't it? Just ocurred to me, that Vulcans have their Pon Farr (urge to mate) once in seven years... that's not really fitting for an adult RP site. :D

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 07:02:18 AM
I'm gonna be the CO, Captain or maybe even Commodore/Rear Admiral.

Man, Commodore/Rear Admiral takes a lifetime to achieve. But good luck. :)

jouzinka

RubySlippers

Oooooooooooo Star Trek I loved Star Trek since I was little, own the DVD set for Deep Space 9 my favorite version ever.

Remember Trills do not HAVE to be joined either, most aren't. As for me I'm thinking shadey roguish Betazoid/Orion female with both empathic skills not a full telepath and pheromones but genetically tinkered with a mechanical implant to control them, have them affect members of either gender and enhance them since generally they are not as strong as a pure Orion woman. Her story is a Orion woman seduced and controlled a male betazoid of some no small amount of skill in telepathy to produce a child to be useful to her people.

In the ENTERPRISE series it was shown the Orion women run things so it fits the Canon and the tech now would be very good for genetic tinkering and implants to assist in dealing with pheromones. After all female Orions away from home might need to supress them for that, if they are active. Likely by now I would think in the modern era.

She will be attached to the Orion Syndicate on the surface as a Diplomat and Negotiator but be pretty much a rogue with a really nicely outfitted small ship and be well - moral flexiblity. Is not opposed to abusing her natural talents to get the job done regardless of what that is.
;)

Anatassa Devras
(just picture her with light green skin just a tad over flesh tone, clothing will generally look around that level very ,um sexy but a likely not as sheer in spots and a little more coverage for modesty - but she likes the attention)
http://fantasti.cc/user/iwannabe20/images/image/289983

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 07:18:52 AM
Well, yeah, sure, but variety is kind of the point, isn't it? Just ocurred to me, that Vulcans have their Pon Farr (urge to mate) once in seven years... that's not really fitting for an adult RP site. :D

Maybe she's got a rare Vulcan disease that keeps her in a constant state of Pon Farr?

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 07:18:52 AMMan, Commodore/Rear Admiral takes a lifetime to achieve. But good luck. :)

Well, we can start at the rank we want. Each department head will be Lt. or Lt. Cmdr. at the very least, and I'll lbe the CO, so.

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 29, 2009, 10:39:26 AMOooooooooooo Star Trek I loved Star Trek since I was little, own the DVD set for Deep Space 9 my favorite version ever.

Makes two of us, DS9 fans, that's why I'm making this a space station.

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 29, 2009, 10:39:26 AMAs for me I'm thinking shadey roguish Betazoid/Orion female with both empathic skills not a full telepath and pheromones (...) She will be attached to the Orion Syndicate on the surface as a Diplomat and Negotiator.

Sounds good, but remember that the Orion Syndicate itself is an outlaw organization in the Federation and its allies; maybe she could work for the Syndicate but pretend to be an independent, or a representative of a dummy corporation?

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 29, 2009, 10:39:26 AMAnatassa Devras
(just picture her with light green skin just a tad over flesh tone, clothing will generally look around that level very ,um sexy but a likely not as sheer in spots and a little more coverage for modesty - but she likes the attention)
http://fantasti.cc/user/iwannabe20/images/image/289983

Very hot.

Marlow

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 01:31:36 PM
Maybe she's got a rare Vulcan diseases that keeps her in a constant state of Pon Farr?
Pon Farr is characterized by violence, fall into a maddened state, and must mate or seek medical attention within 8 days or die. I don't think a constant state of Pon Farr would be a good idea.

Oh, yea, coincidentally I'm interested.  :P
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Marlow on March 29, 2009, 02:04:44 PMPon Farr is characterized by violence, fall into a maddened state, and must mate or seek medical attention within 8 days or die. I don't think a constant state of Pon Farr would be a good idea.

Something similar, like an offshoot of Pon Farr that makes them edgy (but not full blown violent) and horny all the time.

Quote from: Marlow on March 29, 2009, 02:04:44 PMOh, yea, coincidentally I'm interested.  :P

Cool, what kind of character?

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 29, 2009, 02:35:08 PM
Any chance for two Vulcans?

Of course, again, remember that Vulcans might not be the best bet for an RP where sex might be involved... and while i have no problem with more than one Vulcan character, more than one with a rare Pon Far derived disorder to make them horny would be a stretch. :P Perhaps half Romulan, or half Human?

Elven Sex Goddess

I also am a big star trek fan.   So is very much interested it.   Have a concepts for a Orion or a Orion-Romulan crossbreed. 

Marlow

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 02:38:17 PM
Something similar, like an offshoot of Pon Farr that makes them edgy (but not full blown violent) and horny all the time.

Cool, what kind of character?
Hmm, touche, good sir. >.<

And... I'm thinking of either COS, CEO, or CMO. As for race and such, I'm not decided yet.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Transgirlenstein

I'm okay with being half romulan.  Perhaps she fights against the aggressive tendancies of her Romulan blood.

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Asherah on March 29, 2009, 02:43:49 PM
I also am a big star trek fan.   So is very much interested it.   Have a concepts for a Orion or a Orion-Romulan crossbreed.

Cool. I'm guessing since there's so much interest in Orions, we might make this on the border with Orion space. Perhaps you can coordinate with RubySlippers and play a cohort to her Orion character?

Quote from: Marlow on March 29, 2009, 02:47:04 PMAnd... I'm thinking of either COS, CEO, or CMO. As for race and such, I'm not decided yet.

I think CSO (Chief Science Officer is the usual shorthand, if that's what you meant by COS) would be your best bet, since other players (see above) have expressed interest in CEO and CMO.

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 29, 2009, 02:49:37 PM
I'm okay with being half romulan.  Perhaps she fights against the aggressive tendancies of her Romulan blood.

Sounds good to me. Start working on those characters, people!!!

jouzinka

Half Human or half Romulan doesn't make the Vulcans any more 'horny,' see Spock and T'Pol, respectively. But sure one disorder can be tolerated. I will give up the Vulcan concept happily, trippingsatyr, it's not important to me. As I see the frequency of the 'exotic' species pop out, I may as well go with a Human doctor to weight things out (and be completely happy with it at the same time). :)

Transgirlenstein

Are you sure Jouzinka?  You did call dibs first

Also, what departments are being filled?

Marlow

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 02:52:36 PM

I think CSO (Chief Science Officer is the usual shorthand, if that's what you meant by COS) would be your best bet, since other players (see above) have expressed interest in CEO and CMO.
I meant Chief of Security... But COS or CSO are both cool. Actually, yea I think I'll go with CSO.

jouzinka

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 29, 2009, 02:55:15 PM
Are you sure Jouzinka?  You did call dibs first

Positive, go ahead, start working on your Vulcan. :) There are dozens of other species that will be fun to write - I'm surprised we have no Klingons so far o.O - I will pick one. :)

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 02:54:12 PM
Half Human or half Romulan doesn't make the Vulcans any more 'horny,' see Spock and T'Pol, respectively. But sure one disorder can be tolerated. I will give up the Vulcan concept happily, trippingsatyr, it's not important to me. As I see the frequency of the 'exotic' species pop out, I may as well go with a Human doctor to weight things out (and be completely happy with it at the same time). :)

No, it doesn't make them more horny, but it makes them more emotional. Spock behaves (initially) like a pure Vulcan because he chose to. And T'Pol is full Vulcan, afaik. Yup, she was full, though a possible fifth season story had her father being a Romulan spy posing as a Vulcan, but it was never done, so she's full Vulcan.

Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 29, 2009, 02:55:15 PMAlso, what departments are being filled?

I'll have to make a list with what's taken; but we would have Security, Science, Engineering, Operations, Medical, and I guess Intelligence, Diplomatic and Commercial services. All departments can have a chief and an assistant chief, as well as multiple subordinate members. Civilians are also welcome.

Quote from: Marlow on March 29, 2009, 02:55:39 PM
I meant Chief of Security... But COS or CSO are both cool. Actually, yea I think I'll go with CSO.

K, cool.

Transgirlenstein

I will have to think what department I want her to work in.  I was thinking maybe she works in Security or Tactical Officer.  Or Enginerring.  Not sure, will have a think on it.

Transgirlenstein

Though unless you want to be a CMO Klingon jouzinka, maybe I will take medical officer :)

jouzinka

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 03:04:23 PM
And T'Pol is full Vulcan, afaik.

In the fifth season of Enterprise (that was never created) the writers "hoped" to write her father to be Romulan, which would explain her whole-life "vulnerability" to emotions, so it's not carved in stone, I know, guilty as charged.
Quote from: trippingsatyr on March 29, 2009, 03:08:44 PM
Though unless you want to be a CMO Klingon jouzinka, maybe I will take medical officer :)

lol If I may quote General Martok, then "Klingons are excellent warriors, but they make terrible doctors." And I doubt I'd write a believable Klingon anyway. ;)

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: jouzinka on March 29, 2009, 03:12:30 PM
In the fifth season of Enterprise (that was never created) the writers "hoped" to write her father to be Romulan, which would explain her whole-life "vulnerability" to emotions, so it's not carved in stone, I know, guilty as charged.

Heh, you might want to read my whole post, there. :P I said that. :P

Transgirlenstein

A klingon doctor would be hilarious.  When they ask you to drop your pants, you ask how low.

jouzinka

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 29, 2009, 03:17:06 PM
Heh, you might want to read my whole post, there. :P I said that. :P

You were just quicker in editing. :P ;D

Max

Do we all have to be Star Fleet?  I had an idea for a Human trader, captain of a small freighter, just out of Earth.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

LadySky

Ok I adore Star Trek and was practically raised to believe it was real so I must ask to be a part of this holy endeavor!

I think I would like to play a rare species in a civilian setting, like Guinan. If I am welcome I will start thinking of a character.....
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Doktor Sleepless

Max: Civilians welcome, of course.

LadySky: Yeah, of course. Join in.

Doktor Sleepless

No dice, as such. But do you want a character bio profile? I can come up with something.

Paladin

I think I'm going to play the Captian of a Starfleet ship in for routine maintinance and downtime.

Doktor Sleepless

That works. If I have time tonight I'll write up my character bio and a template for others to use.

LadySky

What is everyones opinion on a Klingon Female whose family was Disavowed when she was a small child. I need a reason she would be on a Starfleet Spacestation other than being Federation. Does this station have a bar like DS9?
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Elven Sex Goddess

Ok I have been keeping tabs.  I have rotated through being a Orion, Orion-Romulan, Orion-Klingon.   Still have yet to decide. 

Also we are on the border of Orion Syndicate. 

Marlow

Quote from: LadySky on March 30, 2009, 06:49:03 PM
What is everyones opinion on a Klingon Female whose family was Disavowed when she was a small child. I need a reason she would be on a Starfleet Spacestation other than being Federation. Does this station have a bar like DS9?
I'd imagine it would. Considering even starships had lounges (eg. Ten Forward), and a Space Station is much, much larger than a starship.

Doktor Sleepless

LS, the station has several bars, restaurants, shops, etc, as it's a starbase, much larger than DS9. I like your idea; but she can be in Federation space without being Starfleet, as the Federation and the Klingon Empire have been allies for over 70 years by the time we play, barring the short period of conflict right before the Dominion War.

Asherah: Yes, close to Orion space.

Paladin

I'm thinking about a Human Mix or just pure Human. But if I was a Human mix what would you recamend?

Elven Sex Goddess

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Paladin on March 30, 2009, 07:07:45 PM
I'm thinking about a Human Mix or just pure Human. But if I was a Human mix what would you recamend?

I don't know, anything could go, depending on what you want to do.

Quote from: Asherah on March 30, 2009, 07:13:41 PM
Really stir things up a Cardassian.

Heh, remember Cardassia is occupied by the Alliance right now, that could be fun.

Paladin

I'm a Federation Capitan. I was thinking about Vulcan Human. For a really weird mix I was thinking Klingon Vulcan. LOL

Marlow

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 30, 2009, 06:58:33 PM
LS, the station has several bars, restaurants, shops, etc, as it's a starbase, much larger than DS9. I like your idea; but she can be in Federation space without being Starfleet, as the Federation and the Klingon Empire have been allies for over 70 years by the time we play, barring the short period of conflict right before the Dominion War.
Speaking of which, when exactly is the RP?

Doktor Sleepless

Just after the Dominion War... 2375 most likely, perhaps 2376.

Marlow

An idea for my COS: S/he is studying the physiology and unique chemical composition of Orion females (probably with the aid of the CMO). Shit happens, etc, etc.

RubySlippers

I decided to make up my own race, hell Star Trek has how many minor and not so minor warp capable races why choose something normal. A local race should be in the game something like the Bajorans for DS9.

Eylia Sofis
Jaharanian

http://fantasti.cc/user/tanda08/images/image/181373

A human-like race of very pale and flawless males and females native to the area of the station the Jaharanians (singular Jaharani) live on the Eden-like world of Jaharan. Their planet Jajara III is 30% land and the rest seas and Class-M with lush forests, clean beautiful blue oceans and weather computer controlled. The species has gills on the back of their neck and behind the ears with citizens living on land or under the sea, as they wish. The world is rich in latinum the pools are subteranian and unmined with a few rare springs on the surface here and there, or deep in the sea where it dilutes. Money though is not something they crave they work lightly to meet their needs, promote leisure and are sexually liberated. The planet has one major other race ,more a being, called the Keeper a computer powered by the geothermal core that controls defenses placed there by a long lost race or it could have been their ancient ancestors since there are clear signs of very advanced technology on worlds in the region. Clothing is worn by children and minors, adults as well when around minors but mostly skimpy wrap robes and shorts - when alone among adults are nude. Slippers are worn for protection and comfort of the feet when practical. There is a strict seperation of mixed age areas and adult areas in the society they love their children and don't want them to deal with adult activities. Age of consent is seventeen and the life span is long with people dying at ages over three hundred. Physical fitness is encouraged with the race running almost everywhere but the disabled are not shunned and accomodations for them  extraordinary.

The commerce on the planet is almost non-existant though work is to meet needs for food, water, medical care, recreation, making things people need or want. Latinum is sold by the Keeper however and goods are sold to offworlders to give coin and let the race get things that interests them - holosuite technology is big letting them have more fun and learn at the same time. Ships are grown by The Keeper in secure shipyards and free to anyone, are self-contained AI's who are fully capable of handling space travel and combat and are armored with ablative natural plate, shields and powerful phaser-like energy weapons. Most are smaller personal vessels but the Keeper does maintian fighting vessels and large warships around the region. Also there are human-like robots of organic technology called Watchers who act as law enforcement and are rare (they are humanoid with clearly robotic features, most were made after First Contact of the people to alien races. The first race was the Ferengi who found exploiting the planet impossible after the Keeper was not amused with them trying to steal latinum by laser drilling. During the Dominion War a fleet attacked the planet due to its strategic importance and was utterly destroyed outside the system. And the Keeper declared the system neutral. In fact it fired on a Federation-Klingon task force just warning shots and they had to travel around the system giving it very wide berth. Currently the Keeper is allowing visitors as the council that rules opened up diplomatic efforts to various races.

The race is notable for its ecological knowledge, arts & crafts, performing skills and are experts at reading humanoid body language uncanny enough to let people think they are empathic (they are to a limited degree but only with organic technology and their ship-companions) so are very formidable negotiators and seducers since they can flawlessly give off sensual "vibes" to others. Overall they are non-violent but can defend themselves they do have a martial art called Vyrani kind of like jiujitsu where they can disable humanoids with pressure points and throws and rad their enemies body to anticipate moves while hiding their own, practice staff fighting as more a sport and most hunt with energy weapons. But taking a sentient life is deemed undesirable except in self-defense.

The leadership is rather simple there is a nine person council elected from nine administrative zones (political areas) and a Speaker of the Council is chosen. The Keeper is sort of an advisor to them and oversees the welfare of the planet like a military arm plus handles the complex technology.

Eylia was selected from a list of candidates to be the diplomat to the Federation at the station, an Peace Keeper (legal mediator and expert in reading body language) she was a natural choice. A homosexual she has had many lovers naturally and has yet totake a wife the genetic technology on the planet allow two women to have children or two men with a surrogate. Its not she is not desireable beautiful even for her people, fit and brilliant she has no small interest. Right now the Federation assigned her an area for the embassy now being completed, quarters and she has an account well funded from her people. Her ship (Soressa, f) is a heavily armed courier vessel class a gorgous and sleek green vessel nicely comfortable for short or long space trips.

Very few humans or other species have met her race, so she finds the chance to meet all sorts of species intriguing and wants to do a good job introducing her people as they arrive to the wider universe.

RubySlippers

I figured keep it kind of interesting the Keeper may have a fleet but is of a defensive nature likely consentrated like Earth during the Dominion War an all out invasion would prove difficult without lots of resources. And the people don't care much for trade save for fun things like holosuites and maybe medical equipment since mostly they care to play more than work and develop their interests. And make love alot.

Elven Sex Goddess

Player: Asherah
Name:  Vina
Race:  Orion
Sex:   Female

Description:  Vina has reddish hue auburn hair that falls down past her shoulders and along her back. Contrasting with her light green skin coloration.   Her eyes a a bluish tint.  That change to a greenish tint with her arousal.   At 5'4” and weighing around 145 lbs.   Vina is a very curvaceous full figured female.   As per her race, she is animistic in natural.   A craving for carnal delights.

Background:   Vina comes from a house that was part of the Orion Free Traders.   The house thou would in dealings run afoul of the Orion Syndicate.     As reparations to save her family's business.  The matriarch of the family her mother.  Would give over Vina to the Syndicate. 

Trained in the art of dance.  The highly enticing seductive dance of the Orion's.   Vina now finds herself placed on the Orion slave market.  To be sold for compensation for the Orion Syndicate.  In paying off her family's debt.   

A perfect specimen for conducting research on.   Or a very foolhardy move to bring a Orion aboard the station.

(Just a brief background.  Will flesh it out more.)

Doktor Sleepless

Nice. She might want to wear clothes around the station's public areas. :P

Marlow

Doktor Sleepless

A note: there won't be any legal slave trade in the station, remember, we're near Orion space, but inside Federation space.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 30, 2009, 10:15:31 PM
Nice. She might want to wear clothes around the station's public areas. :P

Its customary when children or minors might be around to wear a shorter womens wrap robe and panties or shorts with slippers. Oh and her race can breath underwater in suitable oceans so we can assume all can swim very well at least like a talented and practiced human. I left room for religion and the like to do that in the game odds are they are going to be like the Bajorans fleshed out in the game. Pun intended ...
;D

Paladin

hmm I think I will do straight Human for the game. Now I gotta get some Poser work done LOL.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 30, 2009, 10:20:21 PM
A note: there won't be any legal slave trade in the station, remember, we're near Orion space, but inside Federation space.

This is true, but nothing is stopping the COS from going into the Orion markets and acquiring his specimen for research on.   :P

Marlow

Quote from: Asherah on March 30, 2009, 10:42:30 PM
This is true, but nothing is stopping the COS from going into the Orion markets and acquiring his specimen for research on.   :P
And nothing 'illegal' about paying an Orion (in Orion dollars :P) for time spent allowing me to research.

RubySlippers

I must point out in the Enterprise series Orion women ran things as was proven in one episode since their pheromones let them control the males and all - sexually. So who will own who really?

Thankfully my character is female.  ;)

And I for one won't mind the green pretty visiting her area naked.  :-*

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: RubySlippers on March 30, 2009, 10:56:21 PM
I must point out in the Enterprise series Orion women ran things as was proven in one episode since their pheromones let them control the males and all - sexually. So who will own who really?

Thankfully my character is female.  ;)

And I for one won't mind the green pretty visiting her area naked.  :-*

Shhh...   ;D

RubySlippers

I just remember I need a way to neutralize her pheromones they give other women negative aspects. Must be something she could use to counter that?  :-\

jouzinka

Given the fact we're on the border with Orion system, it may well be the other way around - all the women on the station would need to take some medicine - she's not likely to be the only Orion woman to be fooling around. :)

Or were you referring to YOUR character, Ruby? Sorry, it's morning here and I'm still in the need of coffee. ;D

Paladin

Maybe I should play a gay human.... Just kidding.

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Asherah on March 30, 2009, 10:42:30 PM

Uhm... no.

Max

After further thought, I must respectfully withdraw from the game.  Good luck with it though.
"Are you into whips and chains too?"
"No, chainsaws."  (just kidding)

Ons and offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4738.new#new

RubySlippers

Name: Eylia Sofis

Nickname: Eyli

Position: Jaharanian Ambassador

Race: Jaharanian

Place of Birth: Jaharan III

Physical Description: http://fantasti.cc/user/tanda08/images/image/181373  Has gills at the back of the ears and neck fully functional and is 5'7" tall note among her race she is deemed far more attractive than average but most are appealing in features.

Psychological Profile: For her age is mature, tempered and dedicated to the best interests of her people not unexpected with her profession with a gentle nature and great passion for living. She tends to play harder because she has more work so plays less than an average citizen who has clear down-time. Very spiritual she is quite non-violent save when its necessary for her defense but would rather talk or make love to ease problems. The only major note is unlike the rest of her people who are largely bisexual she is more strongly homosexual but in her role will let a man sate his needs if they have to for their wellness, part of the medical duties of her counseling.

Family History: Born to an Artist Kalina Sofis and her father a farmer in the First Adminisistrative Zone in what would be the capital she has three brothers and two sisters she knows of, likely mare half-siblings but its hard to tell. Has one a leader of the Apathetic Movement that wants to use replicators and other technology so no one ever has to work again on their world she and most of the population rejected this outright. Replicators are in use but only as needed, or very limited use. She considers her brother Marius a threat to the social balance although the movement was around for a long time its never had the ability to argue no one has to work so was marginalized.

Personal History: A fairly exceptional woman she went through the standard education and during her period of exploration settled on the profession of Peace Maker the most dedicated and commitful of vocations. Like most of her profession she had far more dedicated training but as one of the most important vocations that tend to be the leaders that was expected.

Academic Records

Besides the standard education what would be elementary school and middle school she explored many areas that is well recorded but spend much of her time with Peace Makers mostly elderly. Upon reaching age 17 a middle ages Peace Maker took her in for her sexual education and started her professional apprenticeship. Eylia was given full status as a Peace Maker when she reached the age of 27. Her major skills is a mastery of reading body language (over a standard member of her race), Jaharanian Law, counseling, negotiation, diplomacy, martial arts, psychology, relaxation therapy and holistic healing. They take the view of treating the whole person and avoiding disputes. She is fluent in her native language Jaharani and versed in Federation Galactic Standard although not fluent but has an implanted universal communicator. Also due to her role she has higher tier status with The Keeper and its Watchers to execute her duties include issuing order to Watchers.

Hobbies

Many- arts, crafts, carousing, dancing, music (plays a Jaharanian Lyre not unlike a Bajoran or Vulcan Lyre and is a good singer), gardening, athletics (enjoys swimming) and recently learning about other cultures so she is more useful to her people.

Other Information

Her species can breath in typical water and live there as comfortably as on land.

Elven Sex Goddess

Changed the concept a bit to fit the station.   Made her Star Fleet Intelligence. 

Name: Lieutenant  Vina of House Vida

Nickname: .

Position: Star Fleet Intelligence Officer

Race: Orion

Place of Birth: Orion 1

Hair: Reddish Auburn

Eyes: Blue to green when aroused.

Height: 5'4”

Weight: 145 lbs

Languages:  Cardassian, Federation Interlingua, Klingon, Orion

Physical Description:  Vina is a very curvaceous full figured female.  With the following measurements of 36B-24-36.   

More often Vina prefers to wear her slave dancer outfit.   Though she does have regulation Star Fleet uniforms.  On very rare occasions she will don one of her uniforms.

Psychological Profile: As per her race, she is animistic in nature.   A craving for carnal delights.  Finds Klingon males to be incredibly hot.  That rough exterior and mindset.   Just has her creaming herself at mere sight.   Well perhaps not that bad.  But with a Klingon male around, she can become a cat in heat.

History: House Vida is part of the Orion Free Trade network.  The house thou would in dealings run afoul of the Orion Syndicate.     As reparations to save her family's business.  The matriarch of the family her mother.  Would give over Vina to the Syndicate. 

Trained in the art of dance.  The highly enticing seductive dance of the Orion's.   Vina finds herself placed on the slave market.  To be sold for compensation for the Orion Syndicate.  In paying off her family's debt.   That was two years ago.  A Federation Star Fleet Commander would purchase her.  Commander Rhoarn.   A  half  terran- vulcan. 

The commander did not purchase Vina just to have a slave.   The commander part of Star Fleet Intelligence.   Had envisioned the capabilities of the female gender of the Orions.   In addition,  the Orion's work hard as a race over all of one of neutrality.   Vina would agree and enlist in the Star Fleet for six years enlistment.

Assigned a Vulcan handler.   Vina would be assigned to various Star Ships.  Her and her handler used in reconnaissances.   However, her natural ability of producing the pheromones.  Would have her transferred from one Star Ship to another.  Where in the space of one year.   She had been reassigned to have been on three star ships.   The ships, and missions of Lieutenant Vina, are classified information. No one aboard the station has the clearance to pull her military records up.  Or more importantly the classified  missions.   

Her fourth assignment, the station on the border to the Orion quadrant.    More placed there, in a care taking scenario.   Until Star Fleet can figure out how to use her talents.   With out having the ships assigned to go hey wire.    Her mission,  is covert intelligence gathering at the station and quadrant around. 

Paladin

Interesting. Someone else with Top secret Clearance. LOL

Marlow

Name: Torqwar Mallory

Nickname: Torq

Position: Chief Science Officer. Also doubles as a Medical Officer when required.

Race: Human/Klingon (the latter being diluted. Think 75% Human, 25% Klingon)

Place of Birth: Earth (Specifically Toronto, Canada)

Hair: Brown dreadlocks.

Eyes: Brown

Height: 6'4”

Weight: 171 lbs

Languages:  Klingon, Federation Interlingua, Cardassian (limited knowledge), Orion (limited knowledge)

Physical Description: Toq was born to half-Klingon Starfleet Officer K'tol of House Paghal and Nobel Prize winner Edward Mallory. Due to his diluted Klingon blood, he only displays a slight forehead ridge characteristic of the Klingon species, but otherwise he bares a striking resemblance to the physically imposing species. Tall and well built, with the course brown hair and stark facial structure of a Klingon, he seems quite out of place in a science lab.

Link to image inspiration (imagine slight dorsal ridges (is that what they're called? Can't remember) and you've got it): http://www.gateworld.net/news/graphics/atl_s4cast04.jpg

Psychological Profile: Tempered to the violent, militaristic Klingon mindset through his scientific father, Torq is an unlikely combination of violent firecrackers and liquid nitrogen. Being born and raised on Earth probably also helped him as he followed his father's footsteps to become a Scientist. His mother, proud of her Klingon heritage, relinquished that Torq was more a thinker than a fighter. However, that did nothing to stop her from imparting the codes of Klingon honor and pride, which often did not mesh with the clinical detachment his father represented. As he matured, he found an outlet for his Klingon hotheadedness through training regularly with Security Officers on board Federation Starships he would be assigned.

History: Torq was born to half-Klingon mother and Human father in Toronto, Canada. With such clashing personalities, Torq was forced to mediate between the two, who would often get in to heated philosophical debates. Throughout his childhood he was raised as both Warrior and Scientist, a rare combination of fire and ice, eventually choosing the latter. To compromise his mother demanded he join the Federation as a Scientist in the Fleet, which he of course agreed to, out of respect for his mother and his ingrained need for excitement. It is to that end that he was eventually assigned to the Station, a very large instillation near Orion space, as Chief Science Officer.

Paladin

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 31, 2009, 04:46:37 PM
Someone apart from the Admiral. :P

Well Chriton has quite a bit of clearance after all His ship has umm well Prototype Tech on it. lol. Clourse there's other levels of clearance.

Doktor Sleepless

Marlow, what a coincidence, look at this. This is for a half-Klingon, but close enough.

Marlow

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on March 31, 2009, 08:10:35 PM
Marlow, what a coincidence, look at this. This is for a half-Klingon, but close enough.
wat, lol

But yes, I always thought Ronan looked a lot like a Klingon.

Marlow

Paladin

RubySlippers

Quote from: Paladin on March 31, 2009, 07:56:40 PM
Well Chriton has quite a bit of clearance after all His ship has umm well Prototype Tech on it. lol. Clourse there's other levels of clearance.

Is his ship alive though?   :P

Paladin

Nope and he really dosn't care that its not. Its got other things going for it.. and other problems.He's also under Starfleet Intelligence. BTW nice writup you did could use a bit more punctuation though as its a bit hard to read through and understand the first time around.

Transgirlenstein

Will have a character up asap.  Going to go with half vulcan/half romulan security officer (unless that position was grabbed and I missed that post)

Still working on mine - Writing up a bio for a very old Trill takes a while!

RubySlippers

Quote from: Paladin on April 01, 2009, 10:39:52 AM
Nope and he really dosn't care that its not. Its got other things going for it.. and other problems.He's also under Starfleet Intelligence. BTW nice writup you did could use a bit more punctuation though as its a bit hard to read through and understand the first time around.

My characters write up is just above the racial profile I'll be redoing because it was done along the stream of thought to get the ideas down.

Paladin

sounds cool. I'm slowly doing mine. Also after much review Janeway was only around 27 when she got command of Voyager so I'm going to be a bit young. Umm what is the Timedate for this game? Your demo template says 2391 but thats like 16 years after the dominion war.

LadySky

Name: K'ralC of the House of Tavarna(Disavowed Family)

Position: Civilian Owns Bar on station called K'ralC's Tankard Tavern

Race: Klingon

Place of Birth: Qo'nos Klingon Homeworld

Hair: Thick and Black with large curles and waves hangs down to below hips

Eyes: Dark Brown

Height: 5'8

Weight: 132 pds

Languages: Klingon, Federation Inerlingua, Vulcan(small amount), Romulan(small amount), Feringi(small amount), Cardassian(small amount), words and phrases for almost all species....

Physical Description:  Typical Klingon female looks except she is not very muscular. K'ralC is softer than most Klingon women and though she is tall enough she does not have a tough as nails body.

Psychological Profile: Has many secrets and a wary outlook on any and all. Never trusts for any reason at all. A loner at heart but covers by being funny and laughing all the time. Parties, drinks, plays almost constantly to cover for severe lonlieness.

Family History: When she was only 4 her father and grandfather were brought before the High Council for assasionation attempts. Sadly the accusations were all very true and her father and grandfather were executed and the entire House of Tavana was disavowed. Her mother was destitute and completley alone in the world. Leaving Qo'nos she began hopping from freighter to freighter doing odd jobs and by the time K'ralC was 12 they were on earth. Eventually her mother married a human man who was in StarFleet and thus she spent alot of time with Federation types. Her mother died in an attack by the borg on a starship with her stepfather. K'ralC was only 18 and found herself completley alone.

Encouraged to join StarFleet by many she packed her things and struck off on her own to explore and wreak havoc. Working in bars, brothels, game halls, anything seedy and lowlife has been her place of comfort. Traveling has provided her with a large knowledge of many races and many cultures and she has finally found her niche aboard a space station helping people get drunk.

Personal History: Many lovers and very very very few friends. In fact she has never actually had a true friend. She hates Klingons but hides it well and has spent her entire life living on the edge completley alone.

Academic Records~NONE

Official  Starfleet Records~NONE

Commendations~NONE

Hobbies~In the privacy of her quarters she collects 1000s of novels from all cultures and time periods. Reading is a passion. Loves the holodeck where she likes to create scenes from her favorite books. She especially loves Earth's Medievil period which reminds her of Klingon a bit though she would hit anyone who brought that up. Loves to collect ancient weapons except Klingon.

Other Information~Don''t let her apparant lack of Klingon fighting skills fool you, she hides her skill well.

Birth-2348

Elven Sex Goddess

Nice character and writeup  LadySky with K'ralC.

RubySlippers

Jaharanian

http://fantasti.cc/user/tanda08/images/image/181373

An attractive in the main pale race with major hair colors white (most common) and dark brown or black in various tones (less common, known as Dark Jaharanians not as a disrespect however). Eye colors vary much like humans. They live in the Jaharan system outside of Federation Space and nearest Orion Space who for some odd reason have no modern history of going near it. The distance scans show twelve worlds but just one inhabitied a very large Class-M planet named Jahara V that is rich in natural life, has comparable oceans and apparently an artificially supported environment since stroms are clearly controlled to rain for necessary purposes. The oceans are temperate over a larger area with cold poles and again its assumed artificially maintained. The race has functional gills behind the ears and the neck but hidden fairly well when not in use. Lastly they are reportedly telepaths but its rumor. The fact is they are masters of humanoid body language and only low level telepaths, they can talk to living machine AI's like their ships or undersea vehicles. There life span is up to 400 years on the average due to the overall way they live and the technology.

Not much is known outside rumors since only recently has an emissary of a government gotten them to talk an unarmed Vulcan vessel doing scientific research was met by a massive organic warship and two days later a non-visual communicationwas held allowing for one ambassador to be sent to the nearest Starfleet Space Station. The technology seems unique an organic nanite based living material and very advanced, far over many species perhaps even the Borg.

The information they sent in a request shows the species has a Council of Nine elected by the citizens in nine huge provinces including ocean and undersea communities, and of course on the surface. The nearby moons have a few ,few, places to contain criminals. Also there is a Keeper an artifical AI that is part of the planet the information there is very sketchy save the being advises the natives, handles all the major construction and technological items. The population is low industrial nearly agrarian with citizens working around twenty hours a week, with whatever profession or trade they like. Part of the Oneness the ethic that all citizens should contribute to the community. Some may work more or less there is apparently a very small Unwork Movement that wants the Keeper to do everything so the people are free not to work. The most respected professions are the harder working Peace Makers that seem to be counselors, police officers, judges, mediators, negotiators and holistic healers often apprenticing for just basic rank in this taking a decade. Watcher or an AI android work as police and are rare, it seems the only major crime comes from those unstable who get imprisoned and conseled by older Peace Makers.

The religion is a simple based on Oneness with the Natural World and the Creative Force (a diety concept) with a very personal component but there are holy people - Ashti, who are highly regarded. Orgies are common once each month at various Holy Places of Communion adults only secured location suited for relaxed lovemaking and pleasure for an entire day and night. After two days of rest is common with light work done.

The clothing worn seems to be limited children have rather modest clothes shorts and a tunic are common but dresses for girls are popular. Adolesents where clothes akin to adults shorts and a tunic. Adults for women often wear a simple wrap robe (like a bath robe) and boyshort panties, men wear shorts. Footwear are comfortable slippers. But that is in mixed age areas many areas at night are open to just adults and clothing is usually not worn in fact nudity is common, in private homes with no children. Citizens living in or on the water wear swim suits or dresses suited for the environment (think like the people in the Waterworld movie), nudity is common when not around minors in those areas as well. Overall think simple and comfortable functional clothing over any other cosideration but colors and styles do very a bit.

Major planetary resources include rather high levels of latinum some small pools and springs bubble up the metal similar to hot springs and its actually considered healthy to soak and bath in the metal. But mining is forbidden by the Keeper and its so common its not thought of as being anything special. Food and other needs are well provided for and the population doesn't over produce but is large around one billion, land and sea populations together. Work is to provide for needs and wants to a lesser degree in fact giving to the community includes street performers, artists who often give away their work for the enjoyment of all and people who devote themselves to freethought (scholars). The people that produce food share it with the people who do other things and they in turn have the enjoyment of the non-producers. Greed is not really a culutral value but having a hobby say collecting something is fine. Most have many hobbies and interests however with athletics, creative expression, religion and the like all options. A peaceful race they do have some areas they excel in Kyitara their martial art form an elegant one using pressure points, sensing body language and sweeps & throws that may have two masters circling for hours until one shows their intent. They also have staff fighting part of that martial art and hunting with bows on land and in the sea a simple speargun like weapons. Meat is eaten in moderation however with various vegatables, roots, fruites and spices making fine vegetarian dishes.

Education is noted as being organized in three levels. Level I Elementary School roughly ages five to twelve where students get a general education, and included ample play and exploration of a childs interest but a standard level of core learning is expected. Level II ages 13-17 covers a period of self-schooling with teens learning from anyone who wishes to and its considered a societal good to do so. Most fall into a vocation near the end of this period. Level III covers adult education and includes a period of sexual education for one year under a mentor, and anywhere from one to ten years of apprenticeship dne at the same time. Some never settle though and form an eclectic group that tries almost everything. The profession of Peace Maker is the most demanding and has standard hours considered almost full-time by Human standards. Most of the leaders and Council of Nine come from gernerally four professions Peace Makers, Ashtis (religious teachers), Freethoughts (scholars) and Artists (both phsyical arts and the performances arts) but to even get on it one must be at least 150 years old. Terms are for nine years and one comes up for nomination per year in an expected cycle.

Common greetings are a warm hug, suited to the age, with adults often if among other adults can be very intimate. Peace Makers if a man or woman is being difficult for example prone to violence or there is a heated arguement will make themselves sexually available to get their "inner self" calm, if the party is at least seventeen. And making love is common most men and women have several close lovers they call  "Companions" and genders are not a concern. But some have specific tastes being hetrosexual or homosexual, gender identity is regarded and sex change technology is very advanced. Children are concieved naturally, through artifical means (two women can have a child together, two men can do so through a surrgate) and lastly there is cloning but which is restricted so its not overdone. Birth control implants are used and linked telepathically to the person when the turn sixteen, they can choose to have a child or not whether a man or a woman. Both must agree though to have a child which is aided by the technology.

Of note the planetary system has massive defenses its suspected likely the Keeper AI is the reason. It (he?) commands all major advanced production and mining doing so on all the planets and the asteroids of the system. It can't be just to meet the needs of Jahara V's population and by all accounts the forces detected and its not easy with the shielding is impressive. The technology has seemed to evolve over the recorded history slowly so the Keeper seems to be able to grow and is not understood much by the native population much like the Minoans and their computer but in this case its very much an advisor to the Council of Nine.

The military capability is impressive both on the planet which sports ample defenses but the fleet is impressive incorporating two known classes of ship. The Transport in what amounts to a well armed escort but due to the technology is on par with a Species 8472 and can take a great deal of damage but not as well armed (which is still not saying much it just can with a group destroy planets, unlike their ship its an AI that doesn't need a pilot but can have a Companion or Companions. And a rarer ship the Warship and is huge and capable of devestating firepower, with the power of the Transports few want to test these monster ships. All seem to use a slipstream technology and can travel at warp speed as well, as well as a form of impulse drive for maneuvering.

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: Paladin on April 01, 2009, 02:14:15 PMsounds cool. I'm slowly doing mine. Also after much review Janeway was only around 27 when she got command of Voyager so I'm going to be a bit young.

Not really, read the following from Memory Alpha:

QuoteAccording to an okudagram shown in "The Killing Game", she was born in 2344, however, this would mean she was only 27 in 2371 when she took command of the USS Voyager. For comparison, Mulgrew was 39 when she took the role. Not having played tennis for 19 years since high school in 2373, Janeway was probably around the age of 35 when Voyager's mission began, placing her actual year of birth closer to 2336.

An Okudagram biography on the video game Starship Creator Warp II states her birthdate as 2332.

Kate Mulgrew stated in an interview on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn (18 May 2001) that Admiral Janeway was 76 in "Endgame". It had taken her 23 years to return to Earth and they were celebrating the ten year anniversary at the beginning of the episode, making the year 2404, which puts her year of birth in 2328.

So she's likely in her mid/later 30s to early 40s. No Captains under 30, best not any under 34, please.

Quote from: Paladin on April 01, 2009, 02:14:15 PMUmm what is the Timedate for this game? Your demo template says 2391 but thats like 16 years after the dominion war.

2375 is the year, just after the end of the war.

I'll post my profile soon.

Quote from: LadySky on April 01, 2009, 02:32:02 PMName: K'ralC of the House of Tavarna(Disavowed Family)

Birth-2363

Nice write-up, but you might want to adjust this date. She can't be 12. :P

LadySky

hehehehe, if i am 12 i am a early bloomer!   ;D

Paladin

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on April 01, 2009, 08:17:43 PM
Not really, read the following from Memory Alpha:

So she's likely in her mid/later 30s to early 40s. No Captains under 30, best not any under 34, please.

2375 is the year, just after the end of the war.

I'll post my profile soon.

But in another part of Memory it states she was roughly 27. Can you link me the page?

Doktor Sleepless

Quote from: LadySky on April 01, 2009, 08:20:25 PM
hehehehe, if i am 12 i am a early bloomer!   ;D

Quote from: Paladin on April 01, 2009, 08:20:41 PM
But in another part of Memory it states she was roughly 27. Can you link me the page?

Read what I posted. The 27 years old reference is there. But it's obviously a mistake, going by other details. Read closely.

UPDATE: Posted the official date in the first post.

Paladin

*Shrugs* Ok. I'm still going to stick with 33 for now just because the dominion war was so hazardouse and comendations were high.

RubySlippers

A captain would not be impossible with the war a lucky and capable captain could have earned a field commission easily especially if the commanders of the ships seemed to be unlucky. Might I suggest make the character First Officer of a smaller vessel like a corvette its smaller and during the war they may have had to make some fast promotions. If the Captain died during the battle to retake DS9 a field commission would have been very likely to ease the time to get the ship combat ready. Keeping it after the war would be possible. In that case a younger captain might be practical with some rewriting on the players part.

Remember the rules don't often apply to wartime when it comes to careers and ranks when age is concerned.

Paladin

Doktor Sleepless

Here's my character's profile; subject to changes waiting Karma's character, who's part of his past. Anyone who wants to have their characters having served under the Admiral before, or having been his student at the Academy, let me know, and we'll work it in.

Name: Marcus Reindhart (birth name), Marcus (legal, changed in 2334)
Place Of Birth: Betazed.
Date Of Birth: 08/16/2293
Nickname: Marcus Twilight, Scar, the Old Man, Hero of Derra IV, Romulan Butcher.
Position: Commanding Officer, Starbase Tesla.
Race: Bajoran (3/4) / Human (1/4).
Date Of Birth: 08/16/2293 (apparent age, mid-30s).
Place of Birth: Betazed.
Hair: Dark purple.
Eyes: Dark purple.
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 185 lbs
Languages: Betazoid, Federation Interlingua, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Orion, Vulcan.
Marital Status: Widower.

Physical Description: Tall, athetlic, muscular humanoid, seemingly in his mid-30s, caucasian skin and feature, short dark purple hair, and dark purple eyes (with indistinguishable iris and pupil). He has a serious demeanor, but peaceful, projecting an air of confidence that inspires others. Besides his hair, his most distinguishing feature is a horrible, thick scar starting on the right side of his lower jaw, continuing diagonally across his neck and apparently into his clothes. He wears an Admiral's uniform, with a rank of Rear Admiral (of the Rear Half).

Psychological Profile: Marcus has been under a lot of distress during his life. War, betrayal, loss of loved ones, criminal charges, loss of memories. However, he's also been surrounded by good friends, lovers and family, that have kept him sane.

Academic Record: Marcus specializes in tactics, strategy, security, espionage and related techniques. Highly skilled at phaser and energy weapons, hand to hand combat (karate, particularly), melee weapons (bat'leh and cavalry saber), disguise, acting, con, persuasion, communications stealth and command. Moderately skilled in starship piloting, ground vehicles, starship weaponry. Adequately skilled at engineering, science and medical skills.

Hobbies: Cooking, 20th Century Earth Science Fiction, poker.

Family History: His Betazoid ancestors on both sides come from lines of diplomats and politicians; while on his human side, his family has a history of nobility and stragegist, warriors.

Personal History:

2293-Born to Maia Rens (Starfleet counselor, Betazoid) and Ethan Reindhart (Starfleet Intelligence officer, 3/4 Betazoid, 1/4 human). An uncommon genetica trait, known as the Mark Of Twilight makes Marcus’ hair a dark purple, as well as his eyes.

2311-Enlists in Starfleet Academy. During his cadet years he shows excpetional abilities strategy and diplomacy, as well as an ability to learn languages; taking cryptology courses. He was also captain of the fencing team.

2315-Graduates Starfleet Academy as an Ensign, being posted to the security department of the USS Vespucci (Constellation Class).

2316-For his actions in the Letran VI Incident, where he saves the life of Captain Hikaru Sulu, he’s awarded the Kraggite Order (1st Class) To Valor, being one of the first Ensigns to receive the honor.

2317-Promoted to the rank of Lt. JG, assigned as Assistant Chief Of Security, USS Vespucci.

2319-Starfleet Commendation, for handling a negotiation with Orion pirates, saving the lives of five hostales.

2320-Promoted to full Lieutenant, transferred to the USS Albatros (Mocking Bird), as Chief Tactical/Security Officer.

2323-Due to his actions on the failed first contact with the Xerra, saveguarding the Prime Directive, and avoiding cultural contamination that could have ended in a disaster, he’s awarded the Silver Palm.

2324-Marries Lt. Marlene Von Wahr, Chief Medical Officer of the USS Albatros.

2325-Promoted to Lt. Cmdr. and assigned as First Officer of the Albatross.

2326-Colonel Traj, a Klingon military officer, leads a group of Klingon rebels that seek to sabotage a peace conference between the Empire and the Federation (to reinforce the Kithomer Accord), battling the Albatross at Derra IV, leaving Captain James Seldon incapacitated. Lt. Cmdr. Reindhart takes command, and while battling two Birds of Prey with a Mockingbird, but he manages, particularly with the help of his engineering chief, Lt. Turok, and his CSec/Tac, Lt. Hermes Cuello. Together, they launch modified probes which trick their enemies, giving them time to destroy one of the Klingon ships, commanded by Traj’s son. Traj retreats in his remaining ship, swearing vengeance. Reindhart, Turok and Cuello are awarded the Christopher Pike Medal To Valor, while other key personnel are awardd a 1st Class Kraggite Order.

2327-After his promotion to Commander, and the birth of his daughter Maia, Marcus is recruited into Starfleet Intelligence, spending the next five years in special missions.

2332-Assigned as First Officer of the USS Avalon (Excelsior Class). The Avalon patrols the Cardassian/Federation border, after the annexing of Bajor by the Cardassian Union four years prior.

2334-Starfleet Intelligence’s Internal Affaire discover that in 2293, Ethan and Maia Reindhart were part of the conspiracy that traed to stop the Kithomer Accords. Before their trial they’re murdered by poisoning. Angry and confused, Marcus abandons the fleet, retiring to Earth with his wife (who requests a transfer to a teaching position at Starfleet Medical) and daughter. To separate himself from the legacy of treason that he feels his parents left him, he drops his last name, legally calling himself just “Marcus”. His wife had kept her maiden last name, but Maia, their daughter, takes his father’s first (and now only) name as her own last name.

2336-Still furious about his defeat ten years earlier, Klingon rebel Traj kidnaps Marcus’ wife and daughter while the family enjoyed a vacation on Risa. With the help of some friends, including his old comrades in arms Hermes Cuello and Turok, Marcus steals the Miranda Class starship USS Artigas, and tracks down Traj. Unfortunately, it was already too late, Traj had tortured and killed Marlene and Maia. Furious, Marcus fights Traj, with a knife against the Klingon’s bat’leh. Traj wounds Marcus gravely, with a deep cut from his left shoulder to the right side of his lower jaw. In a movement purely fueled by pain and instinct, Marcus stabs Traj in the forehead, killing him instantly. Even without appropriate equipment and advanced medical training, Turok manages to stabilize Marcus, leaving him with a gruesome scar, that the Betazoid later chooses to keep. The bodies of his family are buried in Koln, Germany, Earth, Marlene’s place of birth and the place where the three lived until then.

2337-Without anything else to do, Marcus returns to Starfleet, this time as a fencing instructor and strategy teacher at the Academy.

2355-Returns to starship life, accepting again the position of First Officer of the USS Avalon; this time under Captain William J. Stone. Despite Stone being much younger than Marcus, he doesn’t feel intimidated and, to the contrary, takes advantage of his second in command’s vast experience.

2359-The Avalon visits Norsa, a human colony that was estranged from the rest of the galactic community, and was now in the midst of a civil war. Stone and Marcus try to negotiate a cease fire between the warring factions, but they’re unsuccessful. When they get back to the ship, they find an orphaned teenager called Seska, who’d snuck into their shuttle. Marcus sees in her what her daughter could have grown to be, and finds her a home back on Earth and sponsors her entrance to Starfleet Academy when she’s old enough.

2360-Marcus is finally promoted to Captain, being put in command of, ironically, the USS Artigas. Commander Gabrielle “Gaby” Crusher is assigned as his first officer, while the android of unknown origin Lt. Cmdr. Edison is assigned as second officer and operations manager. Genetically engineered vulcanoid Lt. Spag; a former student of Marcus at the Academy, joins the crew as chief science officer.

2363-While stopping a criminal that had stolen experimental time travel technology, Marcus’ body is irradiated with coronal energy, making him physically younger and slowing down his aging.

2367-Seska, now a Lt. JG (and specializing in xenobiology), joins the USS Artigas’ crew as chief assistant science officer.

2370-The USS Artigas NCC-1138A is commissioned, second ship of the new Independence Class, transferring all personnel of the original Artigas to it, with additional personnel due to the enormous size of the new vessel. Marcus commands the ship for only six months before being promoted to Rear Admiral (of the Rear Half), and assigned the position of Chief Of Special Operations, Starfleet Intelligence. He accepts, but with the condition of keeping his flag on the USS Artigas. Crusher is promoted to Captain, while Edison is promoted to Commander and takes the post of first officer. The android disappears mysteriously shortly after, and Spag, promoted to Commander by now, takes his position.

2371-The USS Independence, first of its class, is destroyed by the Borg. Captain Crusher disappears during a covert mission for Intelligence. Marcus takes command of the Artigas once again, keeping Spag as his first officer.

2372-With the USS Artigas as his flagship, Admiral Marcus commands a special taskforce of five ships, among them the USS Thunderchild, now captained by his old friend Turok. In July of this year, Marcus commands the experimental, cloaking device equipped USS Longshot (a secret ship hidden by Intelligence inside the Artigas) on a rescue mission. Two Artigas crewmembers (Ensigns Hamilton and Three of Six) were being held on Romulus, and Starfleet Intelligence decides that Three Of Six’s knowledge of the Borg Collective is too valuable to be left in hands of the Romulan Empire. When the mission is almost botched, Intelligence command orders Marcus to activate a virus hidden within Spag’s DNA (created in a clandestine Section 34 lab), which kills ten thousand Romulans before Intelligence hands the Romula Empire a cure, in exchange for no war declaration. The general public believes this to be nothing more than a regular epidemic in Romulus.

* October, same year, Marcus actions in Romulus are uncovered by Starfleet Command, and Intelligence uses him as a scapegoat. Undergoing a trial, Marcus loses the friendship of Spag. A group of Artigas crewmembers, lead by engineering chief Lt. Cmdr. Von Blade and engineer (and covert intelligence agent) Lt. Isaac Seldon (son of James Seldon) try to uncover information to help Marcus, but their efforts are in vain. During the trial, a group of Romulan (reportedly) Tal’Shiar commandos storms the courtroom and kills the prosecutor, Admiral Johansenn, and severely wounds Marcus, causing him to lose the memory of the past two years.

* November, the USS Artigas A is decommissioned, and the cabal that tried to help Marcus, along with other volunteers, and under the command of Acting Captain Spag, crew the USS Artigas B, an Intrepid Class ship equipped with an experimental warp drive. The Artigas B is apparently destroyed in combat with Jem’Hadar forces, while defending Deep Space Nine; while Spag was on board of the station.

* On December 15, the Artigas B, lost in the Delta quadrant, returns to the Alpha quadrant. While the USS Artigas crew celebrates on board of the USS Oberon (the ship they first came into contact with), back on Earth, Marcus suffers a freak spike in hs telepathic powers, caused by an wrongly administered dose of medication in the hospital where he’s still being treated. This spike, or “telepathic pulse” copies memories from the minds of all the people that ever met Marcus, reconstructing most of the Admiral’s memories, albeit from other people’s points of view. Using his (scant) influences, Marcus gets released from the hospital, although still weak, and retires to his home in Koln.

2373-Marcus returns to active service, and with the now Lt. Cmdr. Isaac Seldon (son of James Seldon as his first officer, he commands the USS Artigas A again. They serve together in the Dominion War, excelling themselves in battle.

2375-By the end of the war, Seldon is promoted to Acting Captain, and Marcus again to Rear Admiral (of the Lower Half). Later in the year, Marcus is given command of Starbase Tesla, one of the largest bases in the Federation, located along the Federation/Orion border.

Doktor Sleepless

Here's Starbase Tesla:

The station has a Defiant Class ship attached to it, the USS Montevideo, but without a cloaking device (that was exclusive to the USS Defiant).

Paladin

Ok so I'm looking at two ship types for the Archangel. One is the model for the wells timeship but the Archangel would be a more primitive version and just shaped similar

Marlow

Paladin

ROFL. Not THAT Archangel Karma but if we had it I call the Gundam. ;)

jouzinka

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on April 01, 2009, 08:17:43 PM

Klingons mature quicker than Humans. If she's 12, it's roughly an equivalent to our 20-24. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Alexander_Rozhenko

Doktor Sleepless

Nah, that's just soap opera rapid aging. Please make her at least 16.

Paladin

I'm about to show my ignorance. whats a retcon?

LadySky

Ok if I am roughly 27 in human terms when is my birthday as a Klingon? 2359??

Retroactive continuity - adding canon material to explain something that already happened, often events that were arbitrary at the time. Star Trek is absolutely rife with this.

Paladin

jouzinka

I guess if you want to look around Human 27, the age around 16-18 is good - Klingon women are able to take a mate at 15 and obviously when they reach adulthood they stop aging that rapidly.

Paladin

Doktor Sleepless

Alexander Rozhenko's growing to adulthood within 8 years of life age is not a retcon... it's a mistake, and the "Klingons mature faster" is an off-hand comment by a producer, not actual canon.

They screwed up, plain and simple.

jouzinka

I don't see any reason why, but it's your game.

Not to belabor the point, but Alexander's first appearance was at the age of one. He appeared to be four years old. This could not have been a mistake by any means - Klingon aging was established the moment the character appeared.

What makes that appearance different than any other? Each time, he's been rather far ahead of the age he would be were he human. I don't really understand what you're getting at.

Doktor Sleepless

The matter is discussed; and I'm on one side of the argument. I don't think Klingons mature THAT faster than humans. Also, I don't think we can have any character under 16, even if it's not a human...

Tsenta

There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

*shrug* It's like deciding an X-Wing doesn't have proton torpedoes because it's rather unlikely they can make a 90 degree angle. I also believe the rule is 16 for humans and an equivalent age for nonhumans. After all, a dog-person that aged like a dog would be kind of pointless at age 16 unless you were doubling with an age fetish...

However, if you've made your GM-ly decision, that's that, isn't it?

LadySky

Well just so I feel comfortable my Klingon is 27, she looks 27 and she was born 27 years ago.

Doktor Sleepless

I'm really on the fence here... I don't like the idea of a character that young; but I don't want people against me for something so silly, when the character will behave and look like an older person.

LadySky

I am so totally not against you and since its my character I win!  MUUUUWWWWAAHHHH   >:)

I'm really making the larger case for relative ages, along with the slippery slope that is ignoring canon, that's all. I'm certainly not against you by any means! My character will not have any age issues. XD

Doktor Sleepless

Lol. Making her 12? Please say you're making her 16, at least. :P

And Karmatrik, canon is muddy there, there's evidence of it being an actual mistake; as there's been many in Trek.

Well that's what I mean - it would have had to be a systematic series of mistakes, which is why I brought up the first appearance.

LadySky

No No No, look up a few posts, I mentioned that for me to be comfortable my character will be 27 yrs old, she will look 27 and was born 27 years ago. No more age debates for my girl! HEHEHE

Doktor Sleepless

Good. I like you already, LadySky. And I still like you, Karmatrik.

Transgirlenstein

Karma did you decide on engineering or security?  Just writing up my character and wanna make sure.

Transgirlenstein

Paladin

I should have my character done by tonight at the latest.

Doktor Sleepless

Cool. What mod should we contact to get a subforum for us? So we can have a character thread, an ooc thread, a general thread, etc, etc.

Paladin

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on April 02, 2009, 11:47:34 AM
Cool. What mod should we contact to get a subforum for us? So we can have a character thread, an ooc thread, a general thread, etc, etc.

No clue

jouzinka

We create the threads in the Small Games forums. Once we reach 1000 we can ask for a separate forum. ;)

We also have to decide if we'll put it to the Light, Bondage, Non-Con or Extreme. I'd suggest NC, because you can never know what happens, but that's just me.

Marlow

Quote from: jouzinka on April 02, 2009, 11:55:10 AM
We create the threads in the Small Games forums. Once we reach 1000 we can ask for a separate forum. ;)

We also have to decide if we'll put it to the Light, Bondage, Non-Con or Extreme. I'd suggest NC, because you can never know what happens, but that's just me.
Well, I doubt we'll be writing in only one thread, right? We'd have a main thread, and the side threads that players make to do their own personal story. So some may be in NC, some in VAN, some in BON, etc. So the forum where the main thread is in is probably not an issue, since people would go off on their own threads.

RubySlippers

Who wants a proper opening mission how about a proper visit to my characters home planet you can enjoy a visit then escort my characters ship back to the Starbase, not like she needs the protection really, but I suspect expected.

Put it this way it gives the Starfleet Intelligence Officer a good look at the system and the military defenses and technology - just don't get caught.
;D

Paladin

Haha well Heres Gabriel Triton Captain of the U.S.S. Valkyrie and Starfleet Intelligence.

Name: Gabriel Triton

Nickname: Gabe (only to close friends and family)

Position: Captain (U.S.S. Valkyrie)

Race: Human

Place of Birth: Earth

Hair: Blond

Eyes: Blue

Height: 6' 4”

Weight: 180 lbs

Languages: Federation Interlingua, Vulcan, Klingon

Physical Description: Tall, athletic, slightly muscular but very wiry, Looks to be in early 30’s, Caucasian skin and feature, short blond hair, and dark blue eyes. He has a slightly cold demeanor to non friends and crew members but is always there for a friend. Projects a strong aura of authority and confidence. His most distinguishing feature is a scar diagonally across the top of his nose from above his right eye to below his left. Gabriel can move like a ghost when he wants to and many crewmembers have only known he was around when he spoke up as he is usually a quiet fellow. He wears a modified captains uniform with captains rank pips.

Psychological Profile: Despite the death of both his parents Triton’s sanity has remained strong. Some say it has even strengthened. This is due to the friends that have come through the hardships with him. He is rather quiet unless in a battle situation.

Family History:  Gabriel’s father is Admiral Maxwell Triton (deceased) and his mother is Mother Admiral Alexandria Triton (deceased). His sister Cassandra Triton is still alive.

Academic Records:  Gabriel specializes in tactics, strategy, Engineering, Command leadership, espionage, and infiltration and Stealth. Highly skilled at Quantum Mechanics, Starship Design, Phaser and energy weapons, hand to hand combat (Aikijutsu, Ponn-ifla, Starfleet Self-Defense), melee weapons (bat'leh and staff fighting). Moderately skilled in starship piloting, ground vehicles, starship weaponry.

Official  Starfleet Records

* U.S.S .Roosevelt
* U.S.S Artigas
* U.S.S. Akira
* U.S.S. Valkyrie

Commendations
Christopher Pike Medal of Valor
Starfleet Medal of Commendation x2
Star Cross
Starfleet Decoration for Gallantry 
Starfleet medal of Honor

Hobbies

Aikijutsu, Ponn-ifla, Starfleet Self-Defense, Music, Pool.

Personal History:
Birth-2342

Joined Starfleet Acadamy-2358

Graduated Starfleet Acadamy-2362

Assigned to the U.S.S Roosevelt as an ensign under command of his Father, Maxwell Triton. Served with him for the next 5 years.

Served in the Battle of Wolf 359 in 2367. Was the only survivor of the destruction of the U.S.S Roosevelt when the Roosevelt rammed the Borg cube.

Assigned to the U.S.S Artigas in 2370 via Starfleet Intelligence under Marcus Reindhart.

Promoted to Rank of Commander in 2373

Transferred to the U.S.S  Akira where he served as First Officer under Captain Jackson Reed during the dominion wars.-2373
Was given command of the Akira when Captain Reed was fatally injured.

In late 2373 assisted the U.S.S. Thundercloud captained by his Mother Admiral Alexandria Triton in the defense of sector 001 from Borg attacks. Unfortunately his mother was killed during the battle.

Participated in the second battle of Volcanis. Teaming up with his Sister Cassandra Triton and her Akira class ship The U.S.S Red Cloud. Performed the first Tritons Gambit Manuver.-2374

Given Command of the new U.S.S Valkyrie Heavy Explorer Warship

Doktor Sleepless

RS, that sounds like an idea.

About the forums, we should have a main OOC thread which is updated with links to each individual thread. Each thread should have in front of it the tag [ST: SBT], for "Star Trek: Starbase Tesla", which is what, oh-so-originally, I'm calling the game.

How does that sound?

Paladin

Sounds good to me. So the first picture I showed is the Valkyrie by popular demand.

Transgirlenstein

Name: Atia

Position: Security Officer

Race: Vulcan/Romulan

Place of Birth: Vulcan

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Height: 5’7”

Weight: 130 lbs

Languages: Vulcan, Romulan, Federation

Physical Description: http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/faces/images/polly_walker.jpg
Like that but with shorter hair.

Psychological Profile: Atia seems to revel more in her Romulan heritage then in her Vulcan.  She keeps a cool and calm façade as most Vulcans do but if someone breaks the law on her watch or angers her, they find the Vulcan mask drops. 
Her preference for her Romulan heritage is because of resentment for not being able to see her father when she choose while growing up.  Her rebellion against her Vulcan upbringing has never stopped and never will it seems.

Family History: Atia is the child of a Romulan Politian and a Vulcan ambassador.  Her mother was an ambassador stationed on Remus where her father seduced her mother in the typical Romulan way.  Atia was mostly raised by her mother, seeing her father whenever she was taking to visit the Romulan home world or at Federation meetings.

Personal History:
2345- Born on Remus.
2361- Enlists in Starfleet Academy.  Focuses on Security and Weapons despite her mother wanting her to go into diplomacy.
2365-Is enlisted into the crew of the U.S.S. Neptune as part of the security department.
2370-Is promoted to Chief Weapons Officer aboard the U.S.S. Mongoose as its mission takes it along the edge of the Neutral Zone. 
2375-Finishes mission aboard the U.S.S. Mongoose, asked to take the role of Chief Security Officer aboard Starbase Tesla.  She accepts.

Academic Records
Atia focused on hand to hand combat, weaponry, and dabbled a bit in Engineering (mostly to learn how to get pass certain locks).  She knows a little basic about piloting but her main focus is on the weaponry on a ship.

Official Starfleet Records
U.S.S. Neptune (Security/survived red shirt)
U.S.S. Mongoose (Weapons Officer)
Starbase Tesla (Security Officer)

Hobbies: Vulcan and Romulan martial arts/weaponry, hologram adventures (she seems to enjoy the serials of the 1930s and 40s), philosophy (Romulan philosophy in particular).

Name: Talia Fel
Nickname: Old Woman   
Position: First (Executive) Officer
Race: Trill
Place of Birth: Trill
Hair: Deep brown, appears black in most lighting
Eyes: Emerald
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 140 lbs

Languages: Andorian, Bajoran (Modern), Betazoid, Borg (Familiar, not fluent), Cardassian, Dominionese, Federation Interlingua (High and Low), Ferengi, Human (Chinese, English, German, Greek, Japanese, Latin and primary derivatives), Jem'Hadar, Klingonese, Risan, Romulan, Trill, Vulcan

Physical Description: Talia is a young, healthy Trill woman, having lived a life groomed for eventual joining. Shoulder-length wavy auburn hair frames her slightly exotic (for a Trill) features: a strong feminine jaw, almond-shaped emerald eyes, and markings unique to her bloodline. While most Trill have distinct spots running down their sides from forehead to ankle, Talia's seem to blend together into long, intricate, intertwining lines, echoing the flowing speech of her species. It has been said that this particular feature is a sign of the purest blood dating back many millenia. Talia's skin is a gentle silky white, accenting her very dark markings even more than they would have normally. Despite these delicate features, Talia is very physically fit, proficient in the Federation's standard self-defense as well as the traditional Trill forms. She is lithe and slender, her fertile curves visible but kept slim by her active lifestyle.

Psychological Profile: The Fel symbiont has a long history of level-headedness, and Talia is no exception - her outstanding work ethic and insight led her to achieve several doctorates before she was joined, and with the benefit of Fel's extensive experience and knowledge, has made herself well known as a diplomat and counselor to many prominent figures in Federation politics. However, there are chinks in Fel's millenia-old armor. The symbiont's impressive age has gifted it with the ability to nearly completely overtake its hosts, so that very little of the host's original personality can remain. Although this is a natural result of having so many chances to interface with different hosts, it can result in a special brand of megalomania, as well as going against all the joining stands for. Fel is on Trill's watchlist, though the symbiont's history has not, as yet, given them significant reason to worry.

Family History: The host, Talia, formerly of the Ran clan, comes from a line of successful hosts dating back to nearly prehistory, comparable to Fel's longevity and success. The clan is small and rigorously controlled, allowing it to police itself in terms of genetic, mental, and social appropriateness. For hundreds of years, each member of the clan has served an important role in the Trill way, and despite being one of the smallest clans, holds an extraordinary amount of power and sway.

Personal History:

Recorded hosts of the Fel symbiont, with accordant profession and relevant notes:
(?-1943) Fel is a relatively unknown symbiont, having several hosts before Jahn.
Jahn Fel (M) (1943-?) Trill explorer thought lost
In 1958, Fel was thought lost in the unknown regions of the Beta quadrant. Fel returned in 1993, with a new host, Gira. It is unknown what transpired during this time, or how Fel acquired a new host. Fel's experiences as Jahn and subsequent publicity as Gira launched the symbiont to the forefront of Trill culture.
Gira Fel (F) (?-2009) Famous Trill mystic (Unknown cause of death)
Ten Fel (M) (2009-2102) Successful CEO of several Trill corporate entities (Natural death)
Magnus Fel (M) (2103-2285) Highly acclaimed Trill performer and activist (Natural death)
Castian Fel (M) (2285-2286) Host proved unsuitable
Indra Fel (F) (2286-2344) Starfleet Ambassador, Captain, and other roles (Fatal illness)
Hionne Fel (F) (2344-2364) Trill politician (Fatal stabbing, politically motivated)
Harken Fel (M) (2364-2374) Starfleet officer, (KIA Dominion War)
Talia Fel (F) (2374-2375) Starfleet officer

Academic Records
Talia, formerly of the Ran clan, was groomed for leadership nearly from birth. She excelled in student government, public speaking, and other leadership-based endeavors during her schooling. In university, she was President of Students, dealing directly on a daily basis with the highest tiers of staff on the students' behalf. Such was typical of a Ran. At 22, and almost immediately after secondary graduation, Talia joined Starfleet. Over the next six years, she established herself as an outstanding diplomat, on the fast track to becoming a prominent ambassador and possibly politician, but after joining with Fel, chose a rather different career path.

Official Starfleet Records
As Harken:
*Starbase 9
*USS Courageous
*USS Artigas A (KIA)
As Talia:
*Various posts under high ranking Starfleet officials
*Starbase Tesla

Commendations
None - Talia's many successes before transfer to Tesla were attributed to her superiors.

Hobbies: Dom-jot, Hockey, Springball, Velocity, reading, watching bad dramas on the Net

Other Information
2362 - Enters University
2365 - Graduation
2368 - Secondary graduation, Starfleet enlistment
2374 - Joining with Fel symbiont, assignment to Tesla

jouzinka

I'm finishing my Human doctor today and post later. ;)

RubySlippers

I finished up my characters racial profile mostly what the Federation was given in some computer files on a PADD they provided one of the Keepers Transports and right now no one has seen one in the flesh or even pictures of one. The attached phot is for reference for the game upon seeing one they are all appealing to look at some just good looking and others far over the norm. Posted in the OCC. No one is sure the races combat capability its all conjecture from old accounts of other races but if the bioships of the fluidic race is any indication no one would likely want to find out I figure. I added one class of ship for Ambassadors figuring its better than a transport and suited for First Contact and making a nice show of the races quality, to be grown and made as needed. Right now just one is around.

Doktor Sleepless

Ruby, I think your race is a bit unbalanced. They're too technologically advanced, too powerful. Tone it down, please.

jouzinka

Ugh... sorry it took me so long. :(

Name: Christine Wood
Born: October 9th 2350
Place of Birth: city of Terrania, Deneva Prime
Species: Human
Position: Chief Medical Officer
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 50 kg

Marital status: single

Physical Description: Most probably would pass as an average, even though she dislikes that label. Standing at 165 cm of height and 50 kg of weight, she's tall nor short, curvaceous and well toned.

Psychological Profile: Christine is even tempered, calm and thoughtful, which she maintains even under great pressure.

: Bajoran Springwine, Raktajino, coffee, chocolate.

Dislikes: Helplessness (own), losing a patient, arrogance and injustice.

Languages: Federation Interlingua, some basics of Klingon and Bajoran.

Family: David and Dana Wood (parents); Richard, Martin and Lucas (brothers)

Personal Background: Christine was born the oldest and only daughter of her parents, who were both affiliated with the commercial trade on Deneva Prime, and to family, whose history reaches down to the first colonization wave from Earth centuries ago from either branch of her ancestry.

She was very curious since early age and her parents had often very hard time to keep this curiosity of her on a leash and appropriate for her age; despite their careful observation and tender guidance, Christine was often found in the scientific labs or infirmary at the commercial station, as early as four years old toddler (when her father was preoccupied with his work, she managed to sneak out of his vicinity many times, which he would later present as an in-life joke on numerous family gatherings).

The habit of hiding herself in the depths of the infirmary or science labs lasted through her childhood and puberty, therefore once she was of age there wasn’t much doubt of her path and she chose the career of a Doctor for her own, graduating second best in her class of Starfleet Medical Academy, where she truly learned to embrace other cultures.

Academic records
Due to her early years at home, Christine feels her skills are best at Human medicine, while with other species she often feels short of resources; a feeling unbased on facts.

Official Starfleet Record

•   2375 Graduated from Starfleet Medical Academy as salutatorian
•   2375 Assigned to Starbase Tesla as Chief Medical Officer
•   2375 Promoted to Lieutenant J.G.

Hobbies: Christine enjoys reading prose, Vulcan music and history. She’s also eager to learn about different cultures.

Marlow

Marlow

Doktor Sleepless

Locking this thread up, any future interested people please see the OOC thread, and the main game thread.