Dark Heresy: dark pursuits (40k rpg, Interest thread!)

Started by wander, February 12, 2018, 05:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenkai

Putting the game in nc-ex means you don't have to worry about anyrhing.  Then again, depends on how grimdark orur llustrious gm wants things to be.

kill the xenos. Purge the heretic. Burn the unclean. hmm,, if no one wants to fling proverbs from the imperial creed, I'll take on that responsibility.

Wait, is that really a devastating ass on Raphael's sheet? 

Galanthor

Yep.
His Talent Devastating Assault, short Devastate Ass allows him to wreck someone with his big hammer twice in a row if he goes all out.  O:)

Zenkai

That is so 40k. A lowlife fights from range while a highborn charges in with a huge hammer.

Remember, heretics count as cover only when their corpses are piled high enough.

Galanthor

Cover is for the cowards, for the faithful know that the emperor protects.

Do I look like I wear a vagina on my foreheads and befriend xenos for the "greater good"?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Galanthor on February 18, 2018, 05:11:57 AM
Cover is for the cowards, for the faithful know that the emperor protects.

The Blessings of the Omnissiah include force fields :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

JoanieSappho

Castella Bianca Pollonia

Highborn Adeptus Administratum Sage

Castella had been a senior member of the Administratum , serving in a busy, prosperous spaceport near to her homeworld as both the Administratum's representative there and, due to her family's standing in the region, nominally in charge of protecting the facility. Shortly before she gained the attention of the spaceport a number of cultists had infiltrated the facility before launching their attack. Naturally, Castella joined in the defense of the spaceport but, surprisingly, another cloaked figure also took part.
While it primarily targetted the cultists it had little hesitation about dispatching the loyal defenders of the spaceport although, after removing something from one of the cultists, it left, leaving Castella to deal with both the few remaining cultists and the feelings that had rather rapidly developed after she'd gotten a glimpse under the figure's hooded cloak.

Seeing both as threats, even if the hooded Eldar woman had also caused certain feelings to form in the woman's body, she began quietly gathering information, both on the Eldar and the heretical cultists, seeking to use this knowledge to better protect her little corner of the Imperium. Her investigation was noticed and, while she's afraid her shameful thoughts about the Eldar were probably guessed at, the Inquisition seems to have deemed her ability to gather information and her urge to protect the Imperium for its own ends.

Stats
WS 25
BS 36
S 25
T 31
Ag 31 
Int 36
Wp 33
Per 27
Fel  36
Inf 40

Fate: 4
Wounds: 12

Aptitudes
Intelligence, Knowledge, Perception, Tech, Willpower, Social, Fellowship

Skills

Commerce,
Common Lore(Adeptus Administratum),
Logic,
Linguistics (High Gothic)
Scholastic Lore (Bureaucracy)
Forbidden Lore (Heresy)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Criminal Cartels and Smugglers)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos: Eldar)

Talents and Traits

Weapon Training (Solid Projectile)
Peer (Administratum)
Clues From the Crowds

Special Abilities
Breeding Counts: Any time a highborn character
would reduce his Influence, he reduces it by
1 less (to a minimum reduction of 1)

Master of Paperwork: An Adeptus Administratum character
counts the Availability of all items as one level more
available (Very Rare items count as Rare,
Average items count as Common, etc.).

Quest for Knowledge: In addition to the normal uses of Fate
points (see page 293), a Sage character may spend a Fate
point to automatically succeed at a Logic or any Lore
skill test with a number of degrees of success
equal to his Intelligence bonus.

Gear

Stub automatic, Imperial robes,
autoquill, chrono, dataslate, medi-kit. 2 clips (Stub auto)

Scribe Tines
Combat Shotgun (W/ Custom Grip)
Enforcer Carapace Armour
2 clips combat shotgun

XP Log

Int +5 100 xp
Fel +5 100 xp
Forbidden Lore (Heresy) 100 xp
Forbidden Lore (Xenos: Eldar) 100 xp
Forbidden Lore (Criminal Cartels) 100 xp)
Dodge 300 xp
Peer (Administratum) 200 xp

Zenkai

So lady Pollonia has dibs on eldar prisoners. I forget, is there incapacitating ammo for my pistols?

A lowly desperado outcast hardly even knows about the omnissiah, let alone his potential blessings. Remember, a questioning servant is more dangerous than an ignorant heretic.

firepyre

Quote from: Zenkai on February 18, 2018, 10:15:57 AM
So lady Pollonia has dibs on eldar prisoners. I forget, is there incapacitating ammo for my pistols?

There is. It's the regular stuff, you just shoot them in the kneecaps.

LizzieV

Prisoners? Is that a Xeno word? I've never heard of it or at least the commissar always told us not to take them.
O/O

Galanthor

Quote from: Zenkai on February 18, 2018, 10:15:57 AM

A lowly desperado outcast hardly even knows about the omnissiah, let alone his potential blessings. Remember, a questioning servant is more dangerous than an ignorant heretic.
I suppose Raphaels Warhammer could knock one out, but I doubt she'd still want one with a severely deformed head.

Quote from: LizzieV on February 18, 2018, 10:30:39 AM
Prisoners? Is that a Xeno word? I've never heard of it or at least the commissar always told us not to take them.
Prisoners are people you punch between battles to figure out where your punches will hurt the next enemy the most...well...after your betters had a "talk" with him

Thinking about it...I probably should have gotten interogation instead of inquiry, think it's to late to swap?

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Galanthor on February 18, 2018, 10:40:09 AM
I suppose Raphaels Warhammer could knock one out, but I doubt she'd still want one with a severely deformed head.
Prisoners are people you punch between battles to figure out where your punches will hurt the next enemy the most...well...after your betters had a "talk" with him

Thinking about it...I probably should have gotten interogation instead of inquiry, think it's to late to swap?

Yes, punching. That ... that's what she's doing to the Eldar.
You don't need to come in and check. (Well, this quickly took a dark turn.)  :P

And the game hasn't started yet, so a quick change before then shouldn't hurt anything.

wander

Heh. ^^

Okay for questions on lore;

This game will be set before the Gathering Storm has happened, so Cadia is in one piece and Guilliman is not awake yet. There is no Great Rift. This shouldn't really affect you all that much anyway, you're gonna be on a hive world at the ass end of the Obscuras for the time being. :)

The year is 999.41, though some months or maybe even a full year before Cadia falls. Timey-wimey warp stuff, try not to worry about all that too much. ^^

Also Ilyase Nastase is heresy and doesn't exist.  ;D He's totally awesome, though sadly not canon anymore (Tigurius currently holds the position that Ilyase should be in within the present lore). I would say I totally am a Grimdank GM though who loves his 40k memes and the irreverant humour on 1d4chan, so pandering to that side of me will probably be helpful to your survival. ;)

Yes, having secret thoughts of lust over an Eldar xenos is also (in-universe) totally heretical. ^^ However the Gm would totally love a threeway with Yvraine and Lelith Hesperax, so he's not gonna too hard to punish those thoughts. ;) In-game characters, depends on who may find out, I'd keep such fantasies close to the chest though. ;)

I was talking about Obi-Wan Sherlock Cleusseau to a mate yesterday! He does/did exist, so feel free to have a link to him. At least he was only mentioned once in Rogue Trader and nothing in current lore conflicts with him existing, so ja! ;D

Okay, so all the character sheets in right now are approved! Galanthor, if you want to swap a skill, feel free to do so now. However once we begin the game, you're gonna have to keep with what you chose. That said, when an inevitable PC death happens (and if someone doesn't use cover, it probably will...) that person is free to make a new character up and come in as reserves sent by your Inquisitor to help the surviving Acolytes. So there's always a way to go with something new if a character doesn't work out for you.

Just waiting on Hairy and maybe, just maybe, I may get an intro post for you all out tomorrow. :)

Are we all happy for when I do eventually do the OOC thread to place it in NC: Exotic - System Small Groups? If you'd rather it be somewhere else, let me know below. :)

Galanthor

Ok...swapped...should reduce skill overlap, give us an actual reason to take prisoners and justify me skilling Willpower

I'm with whatever

Also calling that I'll die first. Maybe i'll make a psyker once i do, those die quickly too.

Zenkai

I say no to Girlyman Rowboat as well. He should have stayed dead instead of being revived by an eldar pirate princess' kiss and a mechadendrite-administered enema.   ;D

As for ending up dead, I'm sure there will be a fair process whereby the enemy will pick targets. Grenade. Hmm, my autocorrect put grenade in the sentence. What sort of machine spirit possessed it? Or is it a sign form Omnissiah?

Nc-ex sounds fine.

firepyre

Willpower is more useful than you might think. Not pissing your pants every time a gunfight breaks out definitely has it's advantages. Like not needing to carry a spare pair. That said, how are you going to preach a religion you don't really believe in without deceive? I'd go that instead. Skills like deceive and charm are pretty much always worth having a rank of.

BTW, Which Ordo are we from? Hereticus, Xenos, Malleus, or perhaps even Laeviculus?

Galanthor

Quote from: Zenkai on February 18, 2018, 11:56:56 AM
I say no to Girlyman Rowboat as well. He should have stayed dead instead of being revived by an eldar pirate princess' kiss and a mechadendrite-administered enema.   ;D

As for ending up dead, I'm sure there will be a fair process whereby the enemy will pick targets. Grenade. Hmm, my autocorrect put grenade in the sentence. What sort of machine spirit possessed it? Or is it a sign form Omnissiah?

Nc-ex sounds fine.
Yeah, "Shot any guy rushing us with the giant poisonous Warhammer while he's not in cover" seems like a fair enough process, though.
Also...can we make you a Psyker if i end up dying by grenade?

Quote from: firepyre on February 18, 2018, 01:17:21 PM
Willpower is more useful than you might think. Not pissing your pants every time a gunfight breaks out definitely has it's advantages. Like not needing to carry a spare pair. That said, how are you going to preach a religion you don't really believe in without deceive? I'd go that instead. Skills like deceive and charm are pretty much always worth having a rank of.

BTW, Which Ordo are we from? Hereticus, Xenos, Malleus, or perhaps even Laeviculus?
With Command. I was going to order them to believe in all that bullshit.
But good point, i changed it.

Zenkai

Quote from: Galanthor on February 18, 2018, 01:27:35 PM
Yeah, "Shot any guy rushing us with the giant poisonous Warhammer while he's not in cover" seems like a fair enough process, though.
Also...can we make you a Psyker if i end up dying by grenade?

All my psyker characters die horribly. A good measure of them by "friendly fire" to the back of the head.

Well, you just need to make your own cover, no? I already mentioned piles of heretics ;)

On a side note, once this desperado of mine is dead (fatalistic, I know), I'll most probably go for an Imperial deathcult assassin. With a suicide vest.  O:)

Galanthor

Quote from: Zenkai on February 18, 2018, 01:47:53 PM
All my psyker characters die horribly. A good measure of them by "friendly fire" to the back of the head.

Well, you just need to make your own cover, no? I already mentioned piles of heretics ;)

On a side note, once this desperado of mine is dead (fatalistic, I know), I'll most probably go for an Imperial deathcult assassin. With a suicide vest.  O:)
OOOOOoooh! Let's blast through the entire adventure with unlimited suicide bombers

wander

I'm getting the feeling you all are gonna go suicidal when not happy with your characters... May need to think of some way of punishing the heretics that would do such a thing. ;) (this is not a joke  ^-^ )

I highly recommend checking through your gear before starting, as grenades are generally quite helpful to have when hiding behind cover if you want to survive. Going through the adventure with unlimited kamikazes is going against the spirit of the game and doing such play will have my wrath come down upon you! At this point have I mentioned that I am a Nurgle worshipper? My punishments can be... Extreme. So be warned! ;)

Zenkai

Quote from: Galanthor on February 18, 2018, 01:52:24 PM
OOOOOoooh! Let's blast through the entire adventure with unlimited suicide bombers

You mean psykers?  ;D

In a more serious note, there's a series detailing the misadventures of an all-Guardsman group of acolytes somewhere on 1d4chan. It's hilarious reading. Once we all die, we might try that out.

Nah, wander. I'm rather happy with my unoptimal Desperado, and will do my utmost to keep the guy alive. At least until getting the "no penalty to aimed shots" trait, whereupon I'll proceed to capture a few Eldar via kneecapping for the enjoyment of our polish lady. In return for acquisitions, of course.

On that note, I'm always thinking grenades, but for the life of me couldn't find how many one can get per initial acquisition slot, so I just left that alone and planned on acquiring some in game. Also was seriously considering getting a grenade launcher, but that would open a whole new set of problems, so leaving that one alone for now.

I'm also a fan of Papa Nurgle! Nurgle is love! ♥ Nurgle is Life! (being a RL medical professional on top of that allowed for enough inspiration to make many of my players uncomfortable >:) )

wander

Perfect, glad to read. :)

I do own Only War and maybe down the line depending how this game goes, we can do something with that. However right now I'll be concentrating here when not doing posts for a particularly bashful wood elf student in our very own LizzieV's warhammer fantasy game.  :-)

EDIT:

Here is the OOC Thread's link! Bookmark and feel free to head over there as the final touches to things slip into place!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=283228.0

JoanieSappho

Grenades are 1 +1 per DoS on the requisition, I believe.
So, definitely something for Castella to pick up basically right away.

(As for combat, she's mostly going to be doing the 'get in face, semi auto shotgun burst to face' thing. I think her carapace gives her the best armour in the party, at least to start.)

Galanthor

isn't it more important to have decent gear? If i get that right using the acquisition for this would get one grenade...if i compare this with 5 armor on all body parts the flak armor seems infinitely more useful, similar with mods...

Grenades seem like something we should rather requisition in game...I think.

Also...I never know when those kinds of items are appropriate to use.

Quote from: JoanieSappho on February 18, 2018, 02:22:21 PM
Grenades are 1 +1 per DoS on the requisition, I believe.
So, definitely something for Castella to pick up basically right away.

(As for combat, she's mostly going to be doing the 'get in face, semi auto shotgun burst to face' thing. I think her carapace gives her the best armour in the party, at least to start.)
We don't have DoS at character creation though...

wander

Correct, you will not be doing requisition rolls for character generation. It will be in-game when you do at a sensible interval for it.

I've also linked the OOC thread above, so feel free to chat there from now on! Eventually I'll put up a character thread so everyone's sheets are centralised before finally kicking off IC. I'm just waiting on Hairy now before we can get started.

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Galanthor on February 18, 2018, 02:30:00 PM
isn't it more important to have decent gear? If i get that right using the acquisition for this would get one grenade...if i compare this with 5 armor on all body parts the flak armor seems infinitely more useful, similar with mods...

Grenades seem like something we should rather requisition in game...I think.

Also...I never know when those kinds of items are appropriate to use.
We don't have DoS at character creation though...

They definitely do seem more like a thing to get ingame than in the pregame/character creation.
Speaking of getting things, can we, before we leave for wherever it is we're going, have a brief shopping trip? Like, give me a limited number of attempts to try and grab some extra gear before we're plunged into the adventure?