Inquiry on Game Hosting for Future Play

Started by Drake Valentine, July 08, 2013, 08:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Not sure if this has been answered before and I will try to ask this question(assuming it goes here) in the least confusing of manners possible.

Am I allowed to create a thread for a group game, apply several posts for content, but with no current content available at all; then lock said thread?

The reason to this, is because I want to have something to fall back on and make time for by gradually adding in the details to the various additional sections of posts that are given. Some of which may be later deleted by me if I decide the placeholder content is sufficient so far that I provided and may not need the excess of posts. This way I can pace myself to work on a future game I have in mind, without all the unnecessary word documents and have at you, It would be more convenient to just gradually edit in the content(even if it involves extra work on my behalf of unlocking and re-locking the thread.) In hindsight, what I am trying to get at, is that I want to work on a group game at my own leisure pace and finally open it to the public once everything is done and finalize. Of course this too can be months and months ahead of time, but I do believe that this in itself is better than me having nothing of current to go on and just keeping people waiting.  Thereby, when it is done, I can finally bumped it over whatever months and months period of time in saying that it is finally seeking interest. I do hope that explanation in itself isn't too confusing.

I just do not want to feel or be mistaken for possible spamming. For example, I believe it may look something like this.

Topic
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder
Placeholder

That would be the excess of content in my posts till I gradually edit them in over time for the game I have in mind. I am just double making sure if this is cool, so I may not get in any unwanted trouble with eight or nine posts of empty content. >.>`

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Beguile's Mistress

It should be fine.  This has been done in the past when a game is being organized and content and details are not readily available.