The Masquerade [Game Thread]

Started by Valerian, October 11, 2010, 01:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

"GREAT!!  Now the party will fall into chaos without the Mistress of Ceremonies."  Ryven said before finding his way to the bar for a stiff drink.

Autumn52

Xandi grabbed whoever hand was closest and said "No No No I can't believe someone would take the Mistress of the Ceremonies mask. That is not only cruel it is inhuman, I mean to ruin her fun that way."

She looked around the room and was beginning to get suspicious of everyone. Oh my what a state this party was in, monsters on the lose people being unmasked. Xandi had to sit down as she was feeling faint.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Imogen

"Oh, that is just lame!" She collected another kir royal from the tray of a passing waiter. "Who will organize the games now? And the grand prizes for the best costume? Thank -you-, however you are!" Not that she'd have won aprize. Hell no, with masks like Beguile's and costumes like Ryven's ordinary people didn't stand a chance. And there was V... Like -the- V. Why hadn't the monsters taken his mask? For real, who didn't want to know wgat was behind that mask? "If it'd been me, I'd have chosen to unmask Lord Mayerling. I wonder why these spoilsports chose poor Saffron?"

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Current Voting:

Imogen (1) - Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling (1) - Imogen
Remiel (1) - Ryven
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Marikir (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Lord Mayerling, Marikir, Moirae, Remiel, Xandi

There are 6 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

Moirae remained oddly silent as she watched the other party goers, a small frown still touching upon her lips at seeing the Mistress of Ceremonies taken away to the kitchen.  Her posture was bordering on protective as she stepped closer to some of the guests and she drew a long sip from her glass of champagne.  For now she withheld her thoughts, instead focusing on the reactions of others. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Ryven

"I'm willing to bet Remiel had something to do with it."  He said from the bar, his glass already empty.

Kye

Kyrsa crossed to the bar and took a seat next to Ryven, draining a glass quickly before she surveyed the rest of the party goers.  She refused to let this ruin the evening.  If they could find out who was unmasking everyone the night would be salvaged.  Chewing her bottom lip for a moment she glanced towards Imogen.  "Perhaps she had something to do with it..." she said hesitantly.

Marikir

Marikir glanced over the partygoers, his mask's hooked nose moving from form to form as he considered them all.  There had to be something here, some clue.

He glanced up as Kyrsa made her accusation.  True, Imogen had voted for sinera, but it had probably been random.  But...perhaps the vote for her had been designed to save Ryven.  Ryven of course had voted for her to save himself.  But...before that...

Marikir's head began to hurt.  Too convoluted.  No, better to stay with his original vote.  She had helped keep it close between sinera and him.  He again turned his gaze on Moirae, curious if there was a method to this madness.

Autumn52

Xandi listened as the others began to make their accusations and finally when Marikir began to speak her head felt dizzy trying to follow his line of thought. Finally she spoke out after she heard Ryven's name mentioned a couple of times. All she said was Ryven.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Remiel

"Since we know that sinera was innocent of any wrongdoing," said Remiel, "the laws of probability would seem to indicate that at least one of those who voted for her was a conspirator: Imogen, Moirae, or Ryven. Since each of those is equally as likely a culprit as the other two, prudence and self-preservation dictate that I must cast my vote for Ryven, since a vote for either Imogen or Moirae might provoke a retaliation.  I still do not believe Ryven did it, but I have been wrong before, and may be wrong again."

desert ashes

Moirae finally stirred from where she'd become rather lost in her thoughts, eyes sweeping from Marikir to Remiel with a small frown tugging on her lips.  "There are many roles to be played tonight, but I assure you I am no treacherous villain here to ruin anyone's fun," she murmured.  What Remiel said made some sense, however... "For now I'll cast my suspicion on Imogen."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

Current Voting:

Imogen (2) - Kyrsa, Moirae
Remiel (2) - Ryven, Beguile's Mistress
Ryven (2) - Xandi, Remiel
Moirae (1) - Marikir
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Marikir (0)
Xandi (0)

Yet to vote: Lord Mayerling

There are 6 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile's paced back and forth before on of the French doors leading to the terrace.  She made a valiant effort at maintaining her composure but it was difficult under the circumstances.  Without a Mistress of ceremonies this affair would be sure to degenerate into a sort of free-for-all, yet with monsters on the lose that would hardly matter.  As she looked about the room she could only speculate, for each of the partygoers could be a monster.  There was not way to be certain so she maintained her choice made earlier. 

"Remiel must be one of the culprits!"

Lord Mayerling

Mayerling strolled the party once more, just as confident in his choice as he had been previously. "I believe Ryven is a monster among us."

Ryven

Seeing it come down to him again, he saw no choice left.

"I change my vote to Imogen."

Valerian

Final Voting:

Imogen (3) - Kyrsa, Moirae, Ryven
Ryven (3) - Xandi, Remiel, Lord Mayerling
Moirae (1) - Marikir
Remiel (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Marikir (0)
Xandi (0)

Tiebreaker:

Roll Result: Valerian rolled: 1d2
Comment: Imogen 1 Ryven 2
Result: 2,
Total: 2

This time, Ryven could not save himself.  The next thing he knew, his mask was gone, revealing him as an innocent Partygoer.  The monsters were still free to roam, and no one's mask was safe!

Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 5 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Ryven wandered over to the bar to grab a few bottles of liquor, vodka mostly before turning to the others.  "Good to have that heavy thing off my shoulders.  Have fun.  Cheers!"  He said, holding up a bottle before walking off into the kitchen to join the others.

Imogen

"I'll join you shortly!" Imogen shouted after Ryven. "Save me some pumpkin cookies!" She sighed, looking over the party-goers some of which seemed to throw rather reproachful glances her way. "It wasn't me... I'd never spoil anyone's fun!"

Helping herself to another glass of champagne while she still could, she raised it in salute to the others. "Cheers. To a good party. And those who are removing mask, please stop it! Go hide...uhm... under the stairs or something?"

She strolled towards Lord Mayerling who at least had not voted for her mask's removal. "Great party though, isn't it? Love the music." Her smile returned. "Would you care to dance? We should at least enjoy ourselves till the bell tolls."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

Seeing one of the beauties of the party approach him, it was her voice that told him it was someone he fancied. "Of course, my dear, simply because there is no room to dance in the kitchen. Unfortuantely I only know the waltz, or the lambada." He took the still-masked Imo's hand, leading her to the floor. Was he dancing with Cinderella?

Valerian

Right on schedule, the lights flickered out once more.  Most people were ready for it this time, but there was still a good deal of nervous squealing and anxious shifting around as everyone waited to see who the next victim would be, hoping it wouldn't be them.

As the lights came back up, it was clear that the next victim was -- nobody!  All the guests still had their masks in place, and a cheer went up through the group.  Their Bouncer was doing a good job, it seemed.

Beguile's Mistress
Imogen
Kyrsa
Lord Mayerling
Marikir
Moirae
Remiel
Ryven - Partygoer, voted out
Saffron - Mistress of Ceremonies, unmasked by monsters
sinera - Partygoer, voted out
Xandi

There are 5 Partygoers, 1 Bouncer, and 2 Monsters.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lord Mayerling

I'm curious about Kyrsa. She's been rather unsocial at this party. A well-catered party, I might add. *samples the caviar*

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile could feel her mask and the feathered headdress that was part of it but still her slender fingers lifted to her forehead to stroke the heavy beading and reassure herself of its presence.  The fact that none of the guests had been unmasked eased her fears somewhat but it also gave her not clue as to who would be responsible for the mayhem that threatened to disrupt the party.  Her eyes still went to Remiel in a stubborn attempt to make sense out of nonsense.

Remiel

"Believe what you will, Beguile's, but I solemnly swear that I had no hand in such deleterious designs," Remiel insisted, shaking his head.   "Ryven was innocent, as I suspected, and thus did I err.  But that means that either Moirae or Imogen is the guilty party."

He smiled wryly at Imogen.  "I'm sorry, my dear, but as charming as you are, I know you and your puckish nature.  I wouldn't put it past you to prank us by plucking off our protective pretenses."

desert ashes

Briefly Moirae lifted her brows at Remiel and frowned at him, softly hissing, "I assure you, I am no guilty partygoer.  At least, not guilty of taking anyone's mask."  She had to stop her lips from curving into a reminiscent smile.  "However, I do still believe Imogen has a hand in this."
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

Xandi looked at the beautiful Imogen and wondered if the others could be right. She looked so happy go lucky, just here for the fun. Xandi did think it rather odd that Imogen was dancing and still having fun while there were so many others who had been sent to the kitchen without their masks. Finally she said, Imogen could be guilty I suppose.