What's cooking?

Started by Kalen, April 01, 2008, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalen

I've noticed that discussions of food here tend to gather some attention.. food, like many other things we talk about here, is highly sensual.  So.. this is a fun little thread to post what you're putting in your mouth.. for sustenance.   ::)

I'll get us started.

Last night, I boiled some fresh fettucini, and made some alfredo sauce.. parmesan, butter, and whipping cream.  With this, I served some seared chicken breast and red wine.. (koolaid for the kids)

Greenthorn

Ummmm I ordered pizza last night due to my lack of sleep ;D  Oh and my dogs enjoyed fighting over a mouse...*shrugs* protein?

Kalen

I'm crunching on carrot sticks.  They're like.. french fries, that make you MAD.  (bonus points and my undying adoration to anyone who can place THAT quote)

Greenthorn

Easily googled!! The Class...bring on the adoration!!

Kalen

This morning.. scrambled eggs with a hint of cheddar, and some salsa.  mmmmmmmm.

Greenthorn

Hmmm Well I had coffee..and am still having coffee LOL

Dinner tonight is Chicken with peppers and onions, couscous, and haven't picked a veggie yet!

Cherri Tart

besides my morning cup of coffee, i had a slice of cantalope with strawberry yogurt.
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

HairyHeretic

I have a strange craving right now for Mousakka. Unfortunately I've none of the ingredients I'd need for it, nor do I feel like waiting the 2 hours it would take to cook after getting them.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cutter

I made scones. First time in my life. I had a strange desire to have on with my coffee!

*munches one now*

Not bad for a guy who only like to grill!
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

NightBird

Not bad at all! Scones are like biscuits with attitude. Totally love 'em.

I'm about ready to head upstairs and make a Szechuan Chinese stir fry, which I'm planning to follow with a dessert of fresh fruit (berries, mandarin oranges and pineapple), whipped cream and angelfood cake.

What I'm craving, though, is an old[/b] family recipe for shortbread where you mix the butter and flour and sugar by hand then press it into a round cake pan. King Arthur Flour has the most delightful shortbread press that has celtic symbols that imprint on each of the wedges.

Cherri Tart

i get the best scones at whole foods - cranberry orange almond :)   For dinner tonight i had falafel and brown rice and a nice spinach salad with Raspberry vinagerette. 

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Apple of Eris

You actually shop at whole foods? I lovethe stuff but so can't afford to go there regularly!

Oooh anyway, for dinner I had:

Couscous with sauteed peppers, multi-colored tomatoes, fresh basil, feta cheese, and olives, served with a red pepper-tomato sauce (red pepper tomato soup [a pureed soup] that was cooked down a little) and baked chicken.

It was totally nummy. If you get the chance, date a chef. You'll never have to see them and them you do, they bring you good stuff to eat!
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

oh, i can afford to go once in a rare while and usually it's just stuff for like one meal.

i was going to ask if you had that delivered - i think that apple only knows how to cook cajun blackened style ;)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Apple of Eris

It was ONE pot! Only one pot I ruined! *blushes* Oh, and a frying pan, but I replaced them!
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Cherri Tart

what about the smoke alarms? ;)

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Apple of Eris

I... okay. That was cuz I let the olive oil get too hot! But the mushrooms didn't burn!

besides that pizza came out really good...

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Kalen

Lunch is simple.. leftover BBQ chips, and a Toblerone bar.  mmmmmmmm...

Greenthorn

Even simpler for me..COFFEE!

Cherri Tart

the girls had their favorite for breakfast - tuna! - and mom had a peice of cinamon toast and some OJ.

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Kalen

Quote from: Greenthorn on April 03, 2008, 09:02:58 AM
Even simpler for me..COFFEE!

You and your liquid diet  ::)

Greenthorn

I don't have a liquid diet..I just like my coffee!  Not a "snack" person..so lunch is pointless for me..unless you're treating? ;D

Cherri Tart

coffee is one of the 4 essential food groups, you know

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Sethite

I never liked coffe. I'm a teaholic.  ;D
Truly, madly, deeply...

Kalen

Quote from: Greenthorn on April 03, 2008, 09:31:21 AM
I don't have a liquid diet..I just like my coffee!  Not a "snack" person..so lunch is pointless for me..unless you're treating? ;D

Sure thing.. start driving north now, and I'll treat you to lunch tomorrow.  :-*

Cutter

Quote from: Cherri Tart on April 03, 2008, 09:39:05 AM
coffee is one of the 4 essential food groups, you know

Key word essential!
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0